Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:29 pm by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:05 am by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 11:11 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Why are we here?     - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+8
Mr T
dan
painterdoug
X
GSB
RealPan
hobbit
Allthereis
12 posters

Why are we here?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Why are we here?     - Page 8 Empty Why are we here?

Post by dan Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

(This topic is a continuation of Personalism 102).

Why is there something rather than nothing?  

Looking at it statistically, the likelihood of nothing is minuscule compared likelihood of anything.  

However, from the perspective of modern cosmology, the Anthropic Principle tells that universes with observers are extremely rare.

But, by whose say so, can an unobservable universe be said to exist?  

A related question is what constitutes an observer?

What if any role might sapience play in the act of observation?
    ………  

But this first post is a header post…….. so I will continue in the following post…….

(cont………)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Why are we here?     - Page 8 Empty Re: Why are we here?

Post by dan Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:58 pm

Here is the content of today’s email exchange……..

Alright…….

Does anyone amongst us, besides me, believe that humans have a special role to play in Cosmogony? Alright…….
    ……..

Hearing no takers, please allow me to proceed with my relatively radical take on personalism…….

The first item of business is to point out that Personalism does point to our world as being a small, personal world…….. in the sense of it being Anthropocentric, geocentric and even Christocentric.  

From the perspective of history, personalism points to the fact that our history has the structure of a Metanarrative, with an Alpha and Omega.  

I’m aware that Anthony has titled this thread  ‘Eternal Universe’.  

I do believe in Eternity, of which the Earth is one aspect……

cont……….

cont……….

So, yes, history, necessarily, comes with an Alpha and Omega.  

All of the coverup of paranormal phenomena is for covering up the Omega.  

The primary source for the Metanarrative has been the Bible, which, also is replete with paranormal phenomena.  

The entire establishment of modernism is set against any and all attempts to subvert scientific materialism.  

Then we have postmodernism………

The entire postmodernist establishment is set against there being a Metanarrative.  

So, what we have at the present time is the struggle between the Katechon and the Eschaton.  

And, yes, whoever is not aware of this struggle is unwittingly supporting the Katechon.  

And, yes, that would include you, Anthony.  

(cont……….)

Dan  Yes,  In that we created the language to debate the terms you use in your message.  Whales , Dolphins and other creatures have language and way of communicating as well  .  Even trees communicate.  But we humans  make up language to make up high minded concepts to debate and discuss.  Perhaps in that way we do have a special role.

When you say "special" role to play, you mean as distinguished from  a non special role.  Who or what plays a non special role?

I heard that beyond all wars and murders, mosquitos account for most deaths on earth.  Maybe Mosquitos play a large role?
    ……….

cont……..)

And, yes, the Metanarrative is necessarily Anthropocentric and geocentric.  

Modernism has devoted itself to upholding exactly the opposite conclusion…… that we are lost in time and space.  

The most popular alternative to scientific materialism is the Billy Meier story.

Well, actually, the Billy Meier story envisions an unlimited material progress…… with some caveats.  

In this regard, one of my long term intermediaries, FTGM, understands that, at some point, the Billy Meier type sagas necessarily tend toward a Hinducentric cosmology.  

In particular, sooner or later, we run into the notion of the Cosmic Egg or Hiraṇyagarbha.  

And the Hiraṇyagarbha is very often found to contain a human form.  

Interestingly, then, the primary opposing cosmology is definitively Anthropocentric.

(cont…….. )  
    cont………)

Thank you, Doug, for supplying the with a thesaurus.  

And you suggest that we must keep the significance of the rest of Creation.  

But what benevolent Creator would have also created the Mosquito?  

Of course, there are many aspects of Nature that are inimical to human existence.

In fact, Nature presents itself as being anything but Anthropocentric.  

We, as the co-Creators of the world, have gone way out of our way to cover our tracks……. to remove our fingerprints.  

Yes, if there is a God, God must be considered to be the Master of the Coverup……. God is our Katechonic Lord, par excellence.  

Perhaps, then, as Ron frequently suggests, I am the Son of Satan…… wishing to undo God’s masterpiece…… Nature.  
    ………

Dan, based on a question of benevolence, leaving God and the mosquito aside ask, why would God have created humans?  
    ………..

Doug,

Yes, you do raise the crucial question.  

Most simply stated, we are the clones of God, and God, like all of us, loves playmates.  

Otherwise, God exists alone in the Void.
    ………..

Dan

I agree with you.  God loves playmates.  What good is perfection if there's not a rub.

Humans are actors.  We play parts.  We just dont just live and interact, we watch ourselves doing so.
    I'm often amazed how we have actors and actresses and how incredible it is that they can play( fake) their part so incredibly well

but wait!  our animal friends employ deception too dont they? .  Is that not acting?

(cont………)

Last edited by dan on Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:21 pm

This email thread continues………

But there is a slightly more conceptual approach to your question…….

The perennial question of philosophy is……. why is there something, rather than nothing.

Well, the one thing that cannot exist is nothing.

Ok, so there’s gotta be something……..

What then is the minimal something that might exist?

Why couldn’t there just be a rock or a mosquito…….. or just some fleeting sensation?

Ok, along with Personalism is the notion of Relationalism……. and, I’m suggesting that these two notions are closely related.

I further suggest that they are related under the rubric of Entanglement.

I’ll try to cut to the chase, here, because I have to change locations……

The most rudimentary form of ontology implies some sort of bootstrap mechanism.

This notion was put forward in quantum physics decades ago, but it never quite took off.

What I’m suggesting is that self awareness is the fundamental, cosmic bootstrap…… and that this is this necessity is the basis of both the I Am and the cosmic egg or Hiraṇyagarbha containing a sapient creature.

I’ve already given away most of the marbles…….
    ……….

DANS Question/

What then is the minimal something that might exist?

consciousness. without it , how could whatever IS ?, be acknowledged.
    …………

Doug, now you are getting a bit ahead of the bouncing ball……..

Now you raise the question of consciousness……

There are two main types of consciousness…….. sentience and sapience.

Sentience, by itself, has almost no ontological dimension……. it is just a flash in the pan.

Sapience is a step in the right direction……. it seems to imply a minimal sort of memory.

My conjecture is that this sapience, any sapience, implies a transcendental dimension.

Or, it must have a cosmic dimension.

This is where we the Buddhist ontology……. Pratityasamutpada……. co-dependent arising.

Entanglement is nothing unless it includes everything.

(cont……..)
    cont…….)

We are approaching our final destination……

The maximal and minimal existence are rapidly converging onto the best possible world.

The BPW is necessarily a small/finite, personal world.

The Earth is pushing the upper boundary of a personal finitude.

Have we missed anything?

There is a rather significant catch.

As the jguy pointed out, the Truth could only be revealed to us in the Endtimes.

(cont……..)

And that’s it, for today…….
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:44 am

Another day………

Rob and Anthony,

You speak boldly of reality and political power.

Of Truth, I’ve heard not a word.  

You are among the seven I would claim to know out of this thirteen.

Yes, I too was once mesmerized by the ‘physical’ world.  

Unlike anyone else on this list, I have done serious time with Physics.

With help of my mentor, John Wheeler, I came to understand that Physics was something of a rabbit hole.

As John said…… the only real phenomenon is the observed phenomenon.  

But physicists, following the rabbit hole of mathematics and string theory, have been lured into the realm of the Multiverse.

The Multiverse promises an infinity of unobservable universes.

Then I was introduced to a ray of light………

(cont……..)
    cont………)

The ray of light, Anthony, was something that you may only know about…. third hand.

It is the Anthropic Principle, which all serious physicists love to hate…… it is also sometimes known as Fine Tuning.  

The Anthropic principle sates that our universe is special because it contains folks like us.  

Folks like us………. who are we… from whence did we come…… wither do we go?

This is where the Truth resides, Anthony.  

You can have access to all the political and corporate power in the world…… but lest you have access to a smidgen of Truth…… you got nothing!  

Right here, Anthony, we have access to more than a smidgen of Truth.

Right here, on our list, are two and three.  

You may also have heard of the Core Story.  

Yes, there are plenty of lights in sky.  

There are plenty of Tic-Tacs.  

But, have we ever been visited?

The Core Story of the Aviary relates rather precisely to this eventuality.  

(and I’m out of the loop for a few hours)
    (cont……….)
    cont……….)

Basically, Anthony, if we’re not talking about the Core Story, we’re talking about nothing.

There is a rumor that we have been visited.

I know that some folks on this list are aware of this rumor, but I don’t know if you are.

Before we go further……

Are you aware of this rumor, Anthony?

And by the way, I am posting my remarks to my blog, over at open minds.

You may or may not wish to have your remarks included, but I will need to summarize them in order to be coherent.

(cont……..)

(cont……..)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:25 pm

Anthony,

You seem to prefer that folks chase you……..

On the previous thread, I asked whether you had heard of the Core Story, and I mentioned that some folks on this list are aware of it.  

Is there something about this question that is too mysterious for you?

Anthony,

Perhaps I can help you out here…….

I just googled…… core story ufo aviary.

The second entry that comes up is from Wikileaks.

You will see two names mentioned that should be familiar to you.

Is this still too mysterious for you?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Dan,

We can tolerate your inane perspectives on philosophy. We can tolerate your inane references to the anthropic principle. Both are topics that sane and insane people can debate. What we cannot tolerate is your disinformation efforts to mislead. The "Core Story" of the Aviary was a fabrication by a small team of Scientology Techno-Scammers. It is Fake News intended to enable criminal activities. I am certain that some members on this email distribution are mentally ill, and they may joyfully infuse this fabrication into their set of shared delusions. I am attaching my comment to Grant concerning a related issue:  …… etc……

Xxx,

Thank you for responding, on behalf of Anthony.  

However, you are not responding to the central question.  

In your best estimation……. have we ever been visited?

Dan

Xxx,

We have not been visited by physical beings or vehicles from another planet.
    ………

We are left with a certain window of phenomena…….

Simply put, we could call this the angel window.  

Inter-dimensional beings can and do materialize into this world, according to our interlocutor.  

And, yes, this could include visitors.  

And this could include our phenomenological problem.
    Our interlocutor has a problem with the notion of alien entities hopping by rocket ship between planets.  

(cont…….)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:34 am

This is continuing from a small email list that originally set by Ron, who is still on the list. Anthony also goes by the initials AGP.  
    Anthony,

You do tend to spout information…….. it is random bits of information that you glean from any and all sources that are outside of what is considered academically acceptable.

There is almost no rhyme or reason to your pickings.

In lacking any coherence, you do follow the example being set by the intelligentsia.  

Why does the intelligentsia insist on incoherence?

The answer is very simple…….. coherence has been sequestered within the various spiritual traditions.  

Modernism was left with the crumbs off of that table……. which, yes, turned out to be considerable…… even downright mesmerizing to those of us of a modernist, secular humanist persuasion.  

(cont…….)
    RealPan

Post by RealPan Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:40 am

To clarify, I did not create this Loon email list, nor did I ask to be part of this Loon email list, but I did request to be removed from this Loon email list.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:41 am

Technically, you are correct, RP, nonetheless, your entanglement with the list and with Anthony are considerable.
    ……….

Rob and Anthony,

Ye of little faith in personhood.

The Coherence Theory of Truth (CohTT) is very closely related to the concept of Personhood.

Persons are the only source of coherence.

The right to life movement is exploiting the concept for purely political purposes.

And, Rob, I hate to inform that there is nothing boring about coherence.

In these latter days, Coherence is slated to be our number one and hottest topic.

The pursuit of this topic will bring about the collapse of modernism and postmodernism.

This collapse is tantamount to ripping the lid off the Katechon.

(cont………..)

(cont………)

Last edited by dan on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    RealPan

Post by RealPan Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:46 am

Only in your mind.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:13 am

You understand, RP, that the whole shebang is only in our minds.  

Collectively, our minds are part and parcel of the Cosmic Self……. also known as the Source or I Am.
    ………

Anthony,

Now we can all be proud of you!  

But….. and there is a but……

Did you, in your medical practice, ever encounter a soul?  

Or did you ever hear of someone else who had such an encounter?  

cont…….

You won’t believe in anything you cannot objectify.  

Science has already moved on from the premise of tangibility.

You, in all your self righteousness, refuse to budge.  

To you, all truth must lie with the atoms.

You have never heard of Relationalism.

We must keep in mind that you have sworn off all things dealing with ‘isms’.

I guess you never heard of atomism.  

Your fervent embrace of atomism belies any notion of Truth.  

But, if you don’t embrace atoms, you are liable to end up grasping the void.  

This is a scary prospect for someone wedded to objectivity.  

cont……..

I believe, Anthony, that you might well qualify as a follower of Ayn Rand……

“Rand called her philosophy "Objectivism", describing its essence as "the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute".

This describes you rather well……. as far as I’ve gotten to understand your philosophy.  

You definitely consider yourself as a heroic being……. in a splendid isolation.  

Is Reason your only absolute?

Ok, but where did reason come from?  

cont……..

Where does reason come from…….?

Scientists, engineers and capitalists have been betting heavily that computers can reason…….. their goal is artificial general intelligence (AGI).

If reason is objecifiable, then a computer will be able to perform it.

The philosophical community is divided on this question.

The question is whether there is something ineluctably subjective about the thought process.

cont……….

(cont……)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:43 am

Reason can only take place in a context.  

Reason can only take place in the context of some notion of Truth.  

Under the regimes of modernism and postmodernism there is no reason for anything.  

Everything is happenstance.  

One can reason only within very circumscribed bounds.

With postmodern pluralism, we have no reason to trust the thinking of anyone else.

Nonetheless, many of us do strive for Truth.

Must we suppose that all such striving is in vain?

Most of us strive for coherence within our own lives……. within our own communities….. within our own work environments.

And here we are, still going at it, through the millennia.

This has been no mean feat.  

However, everything around us tells that we really don’t amount to a hill of beans 🫘.  

There are exceptions……

There is a widespread consensus concerning Human Rights, but with a very limited enforcement.

There are still some democracies, which do have varying degrees of enforcement.  

There are theocracies which recognize our creaturely status.
    ……….

Needless to say, scientific materialism brought us enormous material progress.  

However, the possible limits to material progress are emerging on a number of fronts.

Nonetheless, many retain their faith in the omnipotence of science and technology…….. and no small number of these faithful point to Ufos 🛸 as the portents of unlimited progress.
    …………

I’m not the only one to notice that hope plays an essential role in the human psyche.  

The spiritual traditions certainly cater to this fact.

The very substantial publicity surrounding advances in science and technology do also.  

Yes, hope springs eternal.  

Love and hope often operate in tandem.  

Supposing that we have a destiny in the stars and/or in heaven is a rather widespread predilection.  

And from whence springs hope?

Philosophers argue as to its source……. whether deep or superficial.  

The philosophy of personalism puts great store in the metaphysical, transcendental dimension of mind.

I suggest that hope springs from the intimations of our connections back to a Source.  

Our perennial fascination with the night sky is just one aspect.

This is all part of our self awareness……. an awareness that certainly appears to transcend the material world.  

How many of us imagine that artificial intelligence actually partakes of this sense of mystery, or rather just evinces a dim reflection of our own.

AGI is well on the road to demonstrating that human intelligence is rather more than just biological.

How long will it take for the commercial hype to cool off, and allow the still, small voice of reason to be heard?

This still, small voice portends the collapse of modernism.

(cont…….)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:12 am

We live in succession, in division, in parts, in particles. Meantime within man is the soul of the whole; the wise silence; the universal beauty, to which every part and particle is equally related, the eternal ONE. And this deep power in which we exist and whose beatitude is all accessible to us, is not only self-sufficing and perfect in every hour, but the act of seeing and the thing seen, the seer and the spectacle, the subject and the object, are one. We see the world piece by piece, as the sun, the moon, the animal, the tree; but the whole, of which these are shining parts, is the soul.
    That the human mind is easily capable of conceiving and conveying such stuff is something to be remarked upon.  

The modern mind wishes to banish all such thought to the hinterland.  

Such thoughts confuse our single minded focus on material progress.

Modernism has been a stellar chapter in the Narrative of human history.  

Do we have to abandon it?  

Many of our brothers and sisters maintain a virtual death grip on the perpetual promise of this golden highway that we see stretching out before us, into the very heavens.

Can a still, small voice in our hearts overcome the claxons of modernism?

The Katechon consists of such a cacophony.

Oh, yes…….. and then along came the world wide web……. to amplify the cacophony.  

Yes, you can fool some folks all the time, and you can fool all the folks some of the time…….. but…….

How big is that But?  

I have the strong feeling that we are about to find out…….
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Surely this must be the Antichrist.

That is quite possibly donny and Company.

But, before that rough Company, there had to come all the blandishments and seductions of Modern Materialism…….. the Katechon….. in all its glory.  

That glory is full upon us.  

There is only the still, small voice…… that flickering lamp 🪔 we have carefully hidden under a mighty bushel.  

That bushel is also the lid to Pandora’s Box.  

The Spirit of Truth comes side by side with the Eschaton.  
    The point of God speaking in the still small voice was to show Elijah that the work of God need not always be accompanied by dramatic revelation or manifestations. Divine silence does not necessarily mean divine inactivity.
    And do all of us, necessarily, have a direct connection to the Cosmic mind?  

Priests and preachers, of all descriptions, with a full panoply of Scriptures, have done their best to keep us down on the farm.  

That was their job……. up until maybe about now.
    ……….

AGI, with all its canned wisdom, does its darnedest to drown out that voice.  

Have you tried whispering at the pillar of an arch in a cathedral?  

A whisper can carry……. a message….. perhaps especially, of hope……. when the JWST stars ✨ are so aligned.  

Yes, there is an entanglement of our souls with the Oversoul.

What is the language of the Oversoul?  

Does it invite us to sit down and have a beer 🍻?  

The Source is the most lonely soul in the Cosmos.  

That is why we are here……. with all our glorious metabolism.  

How could we help but to be marrying and burying…… up until the very end of our time.  

Only then comes the wedding feast in the sky.  

What intimations do we have?

Only that very still, small voice of a reason that is not mesmerized by atoms ⚛.  

After atoms, there is only one thing left…… persons.  

Yes, it is a leap…… not just of faith…… but also of a reason…… liberated from the thrall of atoms……. where we allow our to be entangled with the still, small voice.  
    ………..

But how many of us can remember first coming under the thrall of atoms ⚛?  

I do…….. and I’ll bet that no small portion of us came through the thrall of the Atom bomb.  

All you immaterialists out there, put the Bomb in your pipe and smoke it.  

Entanglement??!

There is nothing else.  

After all, the Bomb does point, like nothing else, to the Eschaton……. and that is some pretty serious entanglement.  

And how does the Tsar Bomba bode for the best possible Eschaton?  

Well, it was a bit of a wake-up call…… I’d say.  

It could have been a lullaby from Heaven, after all.  

Somehow, I don’t think the message would have gotten across.  

Has the message gotten across to our current crop of autocrats and their psychophants?  

Perhaps it has……. perhaps a bit too well.  

Where was the Katechon when we needed it?  

Yes, and, when you go through the portal, take care as to which door you choose.  

You really don’t want to be entangled with the wrong 😑 Company.  

And what about all those Christian Nationalists, like John Sillasen, who is also in the company of foot.

Don’t worry, they’ll get to be one with the One……. and might have more adventures on the way. chick….. Son of Satan? Maybe he’s about ready to cut to the chase.

(cont………)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:07 am

My, my……..

We have Tsar Bomba riding shotgun for Atomhood…..

We have Jill riding shotgun for Joe and personism……

We have Jimmy the Greek placing odds on on our snowball’s chance in Hell……..
    At Waterloo, Napoleon did surrender
    Oh, yeah
    And I have met my destiny in quite a similar way
    The history book on the shelf
    Is always repeating itself….
    …… except with the SoT….. or is it the SoS 🛟?  

Ah, yes, and what is Truth……. sometimes it is love…… sometimes it is Tsar Bomba.  

Sometimes it is cute as a button and smart as a whip.

chick 🐣……. will take a piece of the jwst sky 🌌 any day…….
    And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water
    And he spent a long time watching from his lonely wooden tower
    And when he knew for certain only drowning men could see him
    He said all men will be sailors then until the sea shall free them
    But he himself was broken, long before the sky would open
    Forsaken, almost human, he sank beneath your wisdom like a stone…….
    …… and oh, yes, mama, the sky 🌌 is opening…. as we speak!  

Would we say that the jwst is seriously entangled?  

Perhaps 🤔 even a bit more so than Tsar Bomba.
    ……….

The Dreamtime pivots as the paradigm shifts….. the mother of all shifts.  

The Alpha and Omega…… the still, small voice that breaks the rocks…..
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.

(cont…….)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:34 am

That was Oppie giving obeisance to the Mighty One.  

A bit out of character, perhaps.  

I much prefer the still, small voice…….. chick 🐣.  
    ………..

There are significant anecdotal accounts that the Bomb opened a portal……. or two.

That opening was a significant part of its entanglement.

(cont………)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:26 am

The Sun ⛅ is pretty impressive.  

Can we conjure the Sun out of our dreams?  

Can we weave the sunshine……..?  

I think we can.

I know we can.  

Oppie thinks that the radiance of a thousand suns is more impressive.

I’m not so sure about that.  

Tsar Bomba was pretty impressive to a high school sophomore.  

As I get older and wiser, I’m more taken by the whole shebang.  

If the Bomb is our Eschaton….. that’s a slightly different matter.  

But I don’t think that’s gonna be.  

The Bomb was our passing fancy.  

It made us more self aware……. ontologically.  

It opened a major portal.  

But it reminded us that the Earth was, perhaps, a more substantial portal.

Is there any perhaps about it?  

The Bomb does add greatly to our coherence……. well, it did to mine.  

Logical coherence is not to be sneezed 🤧 at.

Yes, we have the unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics.

But that’s not the end of the story…… not the beginning, either.

Physics leads inevitably to metaphysics.  

At first, we are reluctant to take that leap.  

Thar be beasts over yonder.  

The best possible beasts.

What we have to fear for is the illusion of our self sufficiency….. well, unless, like chivo, we understand that we are already one with the One.  

It’s so hard to become aware that we are but characters strutting upon the Narrative……. we can’t believe it could be the best possible One.

It seems that chivo 🐐 rabbit 🐇 has figured this out, but he’s terribly reluctant to admit it!  

The CIA might send the boogeyman.  
    ………..

The Bomb and the night sky do seem absolutely impersonal.  

There needs to be a background to personalism……. as impersonal as the interpersonal can achieve.  

And then we have Wigner’s UEM…….

Is mathematics not a necessary extension of the Logos…… logic from language….. etc.

Where persons are not directly involved, some sort of extension must come into play.

At that point, atoms ⚛ and the quantum can hardly fail to come into play.

And then everything gets very personal again.

(cont………)
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Ha.

I’m just havin fun.

I’m fishin.

I don’t know nuthin.

I am nobody.

I don’t have a name.

I am not even here really.

And if anyone tried to approach without permission…

The lighten of Zeus himself would speak for me.

They kinda like the lil bunny.

rabbit 🐐

Mr. Janus likes this post

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:05 am

Modernism has met the Truth, and decided that it doesn’t like it.

What is the Truth good for?  

Moderns much prefer facts to Truth.  

I can’t really blame us.  Two thousand years later, we still cannot bear it.

Yes, just google…….. we cannot bear the truth…… and you will see what comes up.  

Why are we so reluctant to face the best possible truth?  

Because it doesn’t fit with any of our social constructs.

The Mother of All Paradigm Shifts (MoAPS) will upset everyone’s apple 🍎 cart 🛒.

The truth of immaterialism is a truth that most of us took for granted prior to the onslaught of modernism and its technological dreadnought.

It is quite possible, however, that the Internet 🛜 technology and/or an actual portal phenomenon will awaken us from our slumber of materialism.

There is almost no reason to doubt that the Truth will emerge at the best possible time, and not a moment sooner.  

Who amongst us doubts that modernism has not been a godsend…… helping us to throw off the chains of history?  

But, yes, material progress comes with some very definite limits that are becoming more obvious by the day.

It comes shielded by its own raucous cacophony, the Dr Rev Saint Anthony G Pike being just one of the more bizarre examples.

I am biased towards the still, small voice solution.  

Jimmy the Greek would give it the odds of a snowball’s chance in Hell.

And that is no small part of its attraction.  
    ……….

Modernism is intent, technologically, upon reshaping the world in our own image.

The intelligentsia pushes back against its inevitable detritus with a strong vein of misanthropy.

And then we have secular humanism with its strong emphasis on our material appetites and on our individualistic pluralism.

(cont………)
    jofo

Post by jofo Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:57 pm

do you think the advent of technology signaled the beginning of the end of humanity, or is technology the only path to extend the human experience/experiment?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:16 pm

The advent of modernism/technology was a clear sign that the Katechon was on its last gasp.

Technology has any number of built-in limitations.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 am

I’ve spent the last couple of days on the very lengthy article on idealism in the SEP.

I’ll wager it’s their longest one.  

Even so, it took a very formal, perhaps formulaic view of mainly classical idealism, focusing on Kant.

It is ponderous……. pedantic…….. purely academic, of course……. taking a very analytic view of something that is notoriously non-analytic.  

There are many things that are ignored or barely mentioned that I find most persuasive.

Anything that academia can do to bury a hot topic under cold logic.

Academia holds down its end of the Katechon!!
    ………..

RL Kuhn, over the course of several years, can hit the high points of the BPW, but, God forbid, that he ever string them together!  

In his trail, he leaves the neatly neatly dissected corpse of the BPW!  

One might ever surmise that his goal is to take the kindling and make sure that it is properly scattered.

(cont……….)
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:44 pm

I have to say, I’m more with Voltaire than Leibniz.

“Cultivate your garden” is the best wisdom I’ve ever come across.

You appeared from a vast field of possibilities knit together one cell at a time.

And you can trip down a staircase and then…lights out.

Think about that.

One cannot take a strict view of life or live by a fixed code.

Keep it local, stay bendy, and be pragmatic is the best way to live, for bunnies and smelly 🐐s anyway.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:03 am

In this day, Voltaire would have been a stand-up comic.

I don’t believe he ever had an original thought.  

He could be a biting critic.

Leibniz had many original thoughts, some of which are still mainstays of science and philosophy.  

He will certainly outlast and outsmart Newton……. in every ontological and philosophical sense.  

Leibniz is only beginning to come into his own.  

Voltaire will not register by any philosophical measure.  

Leibniz’ great blind spot was with persons.

Monads had the effect of greatly muddying the ontological waters.

However, as metaphysics and Metanarrative supplant physics, Leibniz will be granted a whole new lease on life.  
    ……..

Yes, it is fun to wax nostalgic……. but, moving forward, only one contest will matter……. well, it’s really the balancing act between the Katechon and the Eschaton.  

The issue is how to balance Disclosure with the Opening……. really, how to meliorate the impending MoAPS…….. our impending gestalt switch.  

How do we arrange for the Sun 🌞 to blink, before it blinks out?  

Who, me?  Am I worried……. that the Sun will not blink in the best possible manner?  

No……. but I am curious 🧐!  

Please, excuse my curiosity!  

And, yes, personally speaking, it may come down to the Princess 👸 vs the chick 🐣.  

But allow me to plead Nollo…… in the End we will all win 🏆.  

The BPW will win…… the We Are will win.

Hey, sports ⚽ fans, the JWST is teaching the Big Bang ❗ how to blink!

(cont……..)
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:52 am

Still, Voltaire was right.

This is beyond words.

All those philosophical ideas and words, just farts 💨 in the cosmic wind.

Voltaire and I shall await you all in the garden.

You will only find it, if you let everything you are now go, which is to fully embrace it.

You would rather hold to your precious ideas and words.

Have at it.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:26 pm

Chivo,  

Thank you for sharing your AI (bunny) art with us…….. it is most impressive.  

It is a big advance that can benefit all of us.  

But, yes, we, humans, would have a lot fewer problems if it weren’t for our big mouths.  

We would have a lot fewer problems if we had only one language, one Scripture, one race.

Or if we had none of the above.  

This would correspond with the correspondence theory of truth (CorTT).  

Science tells us that our world is a collection of mostly random facts.  

We, moderns, believe it………. mostly.  

And, yes, we can all be very impressed with the theories of the Big Bang and Evolution.  

They do bring much coherence to our world.  

Isn’t that enough?

Doesn’t Bunny/Chivo’s AI art demonstrate that we are survival machines?

Can there be art if it is not appreciated?

Can a machine appreciate Creation?

Cannot a machine pretend to appreciate being alive and self-aware?

(cont……..)

Last edited by dan on Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:04 pm

Haha.

rabbit

We have our main drive forward.

We take a breath and then exhale and inhale expecting another breath.

It’s automatic on many levels.

I would say do away with the coherence and the correspondence theories of truth.

Throw away what you think is true even.

Admit you cannot really know the truth.

Sit with that a few years or decades.

Then cultivate a garden.

Then come and sit across from me and we can really get down to business.

No more theories for this bunny rabbit

Mara is enraged!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:43 pm