Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:45 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+9
kevin
Scrot
Peregrine
Sparky
ParanoidFactoid
Foot Mann
skaizlimit
GSB/SSR
Cyrellys
13 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I'm slowly backing away. You guys have fun. Until next time, don't let the aliens or black op fascists get you.

---

Simply, there is no seeker. 
    There is nothing to attain. 
    No such thing as enlightenment. 
    Let's stop all this silliness.

We are lost in a hypnotic dream of separation. 

Searching for something only illustrates ignorance of reality.

Refining the mind seems like a good use of time. 

We are just dreamseekers following dreamteaching. 

There is no understanding oneness, there is just being in it.

This is all already known.

We just are remembering.

That includes all of your drama too Dan. 

We will have no impact unless love is involved. 

I know, I'm no help and a big distraction.

That is half right, we are all so very distracted.

Love is all that is moving.

As you were.

Last edited by garzparz on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:49 am

I'm addicted to this show atm. What am I doing, just posting silly words no one reads with someone apparently waiting for me to realize something.

I don't have any conditions.

I have a little faith left.

I don't have any questions for RP. 

If he has no passion to share, he has nothing for me. 

You guys can borrow mine.

As Nis says, the best thing you can do in life is seek the Awareness that watches you.

Oh yeah, this has been fun to figure out. 

It's funny now to see how few get the game.

I don't feel special, I think most know deep down, they just can't bring themselves to say it.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:36 am

IMHO, that might be your best post, yet.  We both continue to find our stride.  We're both learning how to play off one another.  

Nisargadatta happens to be our best possible interlocutor.  

We need your attention span until August 31.  After that is anyone's guess.  Be prepared to not be prepared.  This is stand up, and set up.... that's all.  

It is spontaneous.  This is all the spontaneity I need.  Would you like more?  

Yes....... it has fallen on you and me, stranger, to speak the unspeakable..... to touch the untouchable.  And do keep in mind that the first shall be last.  That's the one immutable law.  

3:10-------

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
    Narrow streets of cobblestone
    'Neath the halo of a street lamp
    I turned my collar to the cold and damp

When my eyes were stabbed
    By the flash of a neon light
    That split the night
    And touched the sound of silence

Also....  https://g.co/kgs/7iH9DW
    https://youtu.be/_LypjOTTH6E  you get the picture......

And don't forget this...... https://youtu.be/9C1BCAgu2I8

We need only to connect the dots...... with those poor guys in the desert. Maybe Kashmir will save them.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

Things are simple.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing
    Love is knowing I am everything
    and between the two my life moves." - Nis

I do love that Nis was here now to watch over us and check our math.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:48 am

Indeed, he is.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:47 pm

We find ourselves
    on the edge of oblivion 
    barely able to hear and see 
    the game between 
    the light and dark
    we live in between 
    the possibilities

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Let us tear down our neon Gods erected to ourselves...they had gold, we have neon, but we are still stumbling around in the dark.

After all this time. 

Still they will not yield.

It is a most stubborn illusion.

Imagine the author.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 pm

"...every breath you take swells the sails of the fragile vessel that bears us to the Port of Death."

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm

"Truth is not a reward for good behaviour, nor a prize for passing some tests. It cannot be brought about. It is the primary, the unborn, the ancient source of all that is. You are eligible because you are. You need not merit truth. It is your own....Stand still, be quiet.

There are always moments when one feels empty and estranged. Such moments are most desirable, 
for it means the soul has cast its moorings and is sailing for distant places. This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. Remember the instruction: 

Whatever you come across -- go beyond." - Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Righteousness = internal coherence.

"All discussions upon philosophy are necessarily sterile, since truth is beyond language. They are, however, useful if carried far enough — if carried to the point when it become apparent that all arguments are arguments in a circle."

I read that and it clicked as far as our discussions Dan. A circle. I am standing in between two dipoles. Internal coherence equals that which is written.

Our current understanding is not any more complete than our evolution unless this is the end of that. We are writing books about the end of science. Dualism has created rabid atheists driven insane by the nihilism of their position. We are dual/nondual impossible things. There is the point 0 that is unknowable as a finite thing. We know we can't know, yet we persist.

"Equally, of course, we have no means of knowing what we really are. We are limited to symbols. And it is certain that all our sense-perceptions give only partial aspects of their objects. Sight, for instance, tells us very little about solidity, weight, composition, electrical character, thermal conductivity, etc., etc. It says nothing at all about the very existence of such vitally important ideas as Heat, Hardness, and so on. The impression which the mind combines from the senses can never claim to be accurate or complete. We have indeed learnt that nothing is in itself what it seems to be to us."

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:55 pm

And now another word from our sponsor. He just will not shut up. Sounds familiar.

Nis wrote:There is no power separate from me. It is inherent in my very nature. Call it creativity. Out of a lump of gold you can make many ornaments--each will remain gold. Similarly, in whatever role I may appear and whatever function I may perform, I remain what I am: the "I am"--immovable, unshakeable, independent. What you call the universe, or nature, is my spontaneous creativity. Whatever happens--happens. But such is my nature that all ends in joy. 

There is no problem. The one and the Universe are just fine and consciousness will take care of its creation. The I am made the universe just because it could out of love as a spontaneous act. Boy, did it know what it was doing? Of course. It is us who must change our thinking to match the clear light of love that manifested this. This I can understand. I have that joy of creativity in me. I can understand the feeling. I love that the I am is this. 

We are afraid of reality. Those who fear death, fear freedom. We have died in life and thus life is ours to do with as we please. To plan for a future is to fear. To want nothing and do nothing is true creation. To die to all is to become All. That's how you become the One. 

Nis wrote:To watch the universe emerging and subsiding in one's heart is a wonder. When effort is needed, effort will appear. When effortlessness becomes essential, it will assert itself. You need not push life about. Just flow with it and give yourself completely to the task of the present moment, which is the dying now to the now. For living is dying. Without death life cannot be. 

Get hold of the main thing: the world and the self are one and perfect. Only our attitude is faulty and needs readjustment. This is sadhana. You find it by putting an end to indolence. And using all your energy to clear the way for clarity and charity. Don't be afraid, don't resist, don't delay. Be what you are. There is nothing to be afraid of. Trust and try. Experiment honestly. Give your real being a chance to shape your life. You will not regret it.

Now that is some good perennial advice. NM was like me and simpler. He lived in a timeless space. I have sifted his words and they are my words. I found spontaneously what he says you can find if you are pure of heart. It feels strange to say, ok. I need nothing else and then something else said, oh wait, there is this other thing, it's about you being God, don't worry, it will just happen and then you will know yourself. 

There is no truth to find. We are the living Truth.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:51 am

Most excellent, Eric and Nis!

And, from Philadelphia, if love hasn't trumped hate, I'll just have to eat my hat.

Philadelphia love will trump hate, every time.  

We don't really need the Visitors...... it will just be icing on our cake.

9:40-------

Had I no business to conduct with Hillary, I might be reluctant to cross the street to have a beer with her.

But, if Hillary had gone to central casting to find the biggest buffoon to run against, she could not have done better.

(cont.)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Ohhhhh, it takes courage to die people.

To accept you are an illusion but still seek your Source.

To be still.

To cease your questions.

To be.

What else are you going to do?

Who has the balls to follow me into the dying now?

There will come a time where you will have nothing left of yourself.

Nothing.

You will wonder where you began and end.

Remember your will is Absolute.

Remember you are the One and Only.

Remember you were before and will be after.

And will always be.

Remember.

Cosmic Being Beyond Space and Time - By Alex Grey

Interesting synchronicity Beyond Time and Space started you on all this Dan.

I love this image.

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 10 Time-s10

And then there is another moment when you realize you are forever, whoa and that brings a lot of joy and creativity. When you finally accept and integrate this, you ain't got no more problems accept everyone elses you have to deal with 1 by 1.

You are crazy to believe even a little of what I'm saying. It will dissolve and unravel you. It's dangerous to carry this in you at this time. But it is not me who is crazy, it is all of you! I woke up to an insane sick hot world, at least its not radioactive yet. I know we are all sick. I know it is not OK to continue in this way. It is not OK to destroy things. Disorder simply will not do.

I can not say exactly why we were allowed to persist in our separateness, I get the game aspect, but we are driving ourselves insane in our separateness and making a big mess. I believe Dan speaks to how we got here very well and how we can cross over to Absolute awareness. Lots of opinsions on that last part. Our apparent feeling of separateness is the source of EVERY problem. I chose to give all I have left now in the puruit of I AM, but we are here to be baby, so don't behave too much I learned. There is a cure to the insane separteness disease. It comes in sweet or bitter. It can be loud or deadly silent. It can be colorful or black. It is different for each of us and that is a mystery. We were born into the greatest spot in creation, this I know.

I know I AM the Truth.

I needed a little faith, which I found in psychadelic tea and the Jman, quite a powerful combo if you are going for Absolute awareness. Then Nisargadatta and Dan Smith sprinkled in some love. This Nis connection is beyond mystical to me. I feel the guru here before me. Maxium overrdrive, nothing else will do for a Gen Xer. F*cking Nisardagatta himself, the One, has got my back! The Jman is right there smiling. This happened before I feel. I have a major case of Deja Vu right now. We were made for the extremes you old farts. Now mix it all up and drink it down.

Yuk!!!!

The WORST thing you ever tasted that helped you more than anything you ever ate. That is funny. Nis had a lifetime with his guru, we needed a faster alternative. We went straight to the Absolute. Hey, I know how we will show them its all a dream and there is only One of us, we will melt their brains out their mouths and butts. That will teach them.

Up comes all the fake sh*t you ate at McDonalds. For others it can take prayer and others learn the Truth in giving or receiving a kind word or deed. Some of us need psychadelic tea. I'm just recapping my insane journey to now if you think you have the courage to follow. Do it however you feel led. Take that leap I'm telling you. I guess I was born a True Believer it turns out. My Mom and Sis would be so proud if they were not sound asleep.

Again, I know I AM the Truth.

What Truth do you cowards have next to the Absolute awareness of being?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:15 am

Amazing debate on whether computers can become conscious with S Aaronson and Sir R Penrose and Hameroff. I personally don't think it's all logic. I am a software developer. I know how simple logic gates are. There are physics and processing abilities we have not learned about yet I believe. It will all just prove what we already have been told about ourselves.

But still with the will of ants we study and disect ourselves guided by unseen hands.

Are there parts of the Source in open rebellion, which doesn't seem possible if you consider the whole? It doesn't matter in the end what is true. We have been given Truth, we are the Truth.

It is better to be asleep at this time in our evolution, learning to love, but sleeping seems easiest to integrate this info.

If this awareness dawned on Man at the same time, I'm not sure what would happen, something other  than we can plan I'm sure. 

This really is a game played in the now.

http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=2756#comment-1151445
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:50 am

The Best and the Brightest are increasingly dabbling in panpsychism.  

That's where I was, back in '77.  It took me 5 years to realize that  panpsychism was just a politically correct form of Cartesian dualism.  It was a conceptual dead end.  

So I had no choice but to take the leap into immaterialism.  The remaining leap was to decide between a finite and infinite Creation.  

Having already taken the leap into idealism, there was only a small step to personalism and the small world hypothesis (SWH).  

6------

There are two kinds of immaterialism.......

1.)  Eastern non-dualism

2.)  Western monism  

#2 was introduced by Parmenides, ~500 BC.  And vastly expanded by Plotinus in ~250 AD.  

The source of #1 is lost in pre-recorded history.  It is often associated with pantheism and panpsychism.  

11:30----------

Here's the skinny....... pantheism and panpsychism suggest that there is a place to put theos and psyche.  I'm here to suggest that there is no there, there.  There is no place to put God.  God is every place and every time.  There is no other place.  

Pantheism implies that God is everywhere...... that God exists in every place. No. God is not everywhere. God is every place. Very big difference. Places exist only in God. That is monism, pure and simple.

Non-dualism........? It is immaterialism. But it is not personalism. Personalism comes only in the West, with monism. Very big difference.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Perennial wisdom encompasses quite a breadth of practices, religions and none. There was only one Sin, separation. That is what they all seem to boil down to. Will we persist in our disease caused by the awareness we grasped or were given?

You said this before, if I remember correctly, there was a mistake needed to allow the distrurbance to allow us all here. We had to have the chance to F it all up to have the chance to grasp something so desperately needed. 

I feel we have no choice but embrace this Truth that is us, our story. 

I wonder if there is an embodiment of the ultimate ego and ultimate love both occupying this same material space. Ultimately it wraps up to the same thing. These opposites must be in the manifestation. In us all ultimately, the same drama plays out. 

I know we are playing and I don't want to stop. Others I know can't wait to leave. When I have lost everything I guess I'll be ready to leave. This is our journey to Oneness. The only part that is eternal in us is what we should always strive for. Everything else will pass away. We exist in the Kali Yuga, whatever that is an abstraction of, I know it's true in its essence. Intuition helps you to smell the essence of things. A mistake or singularity allows us to exist, your CTC Dan.

God is good. The natural order is Love. Thank our lucky stars. 

I'm an optimist like Nis. He is just waiting for us. I want his awareness, so I have a long way to go. You should not want anything. Anything that comes to you not from fear or desire is from the Source all around us. He warned me that his words would only speed up the process of dissolution. But we need the medicine that I have found. So badly. But you know the ending so you just be. 

Just be.

And if you are acting naturally you will just be generous, you will be love, you will be one who helps any he finds who needs a hand, people notice that. Kindness is contagious. Joy bubbles. Bliss can come. This is how you know a true awake brother or sister. They love with abandon. They have no choice.

Love is the only choice and life is your chance to learn that.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:43 am

Mistake.......?

What I probably had in mind was the comparison of Creation to a pearl.  The oyster's fabrication of a pearl is triggered by the existence of an irritating grain of sand.  

With the BPWH, Creation is virtually over-determined, just with the PSR.  In addition to the PSR, Nature exists as a micro-/macro-cosmic reflection of Monadic creation process.  We would expect nature to be replete with such metaphors of Creation as the oyster and pearl combination.  

If the Monad were to be viewed as perfect, the vital force could be seen as an irritant.  A mistake........?  Well, typically, the Gnostics and the non-dualists view Creation as a mistake..... as generated by (bad) karma..... as attachment to the physical.  

In the monism of the BPWH, Creation is an essential/integral aspect of the Monad.......

Creating is half the fun of Creation.  Creating the best possible world is half the point of an optimal Creation.  

But, right here, we run into the main paradox of the BPWH......

Creation is too big to fail...... so how is there free will, if we can't make mistakes?  And, since the BPW is necessarily eternal, it exists, like the 'block' universe, fated from the start.  In fact, there would not even be a start.  

Conceivably, we could have an unlimited number of BPW's, but, then we're also creating an infinite amount of the necessary evil.  There would be an infinite number of crucifixions, holocausts and suffering, generally.  

1----------

Half the point of the BPW is to concentrate all the necessary evil into one container.  This is the ultimate of containment.  

Does this absolve Hitler and Pontius Pilate of evil..... God made me do it for the ultimate good?  

For one thing, with only one world to 'play' with, you have to cram all the diversity, evil and suffering into it. It should contain all possible goodness and evil.

Where then lies the fault for all the wickedness?

(cont.)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:01 pm

I had written out a bunch of blah in response.

When my mind wanders, I post on OMF now it seems and you get caught up in my thinking out loud.

I felt strongly that Nis had something to say, and he did. It is some heavy stuff no doubt.

But, no more of my words.

If you have a question, I'll answer, but I am just watching and doing my own personal work to stay above the illusion.

You can't go around, you have to go through. You can't avoid what you are.

I am here to listen.

I am the one who needs the most help.

---

As far as your last question, I believe as Nis and many others, there is no such thing as good and evil. There is intention, action and effect. Separation is the only cause of the unnatural. So the responsibility rests on the one who made the manifestation and the manifestation that has acted unnaturally. One could argue, what did you expect disturbing perfection. Our idea of good and evil is how we try to explain suffering. Perhaps at the level of the Source, there is no question about anything. To not be connected to the Source is to spend the energy gifted on nothing. Does it wonder why a created thing would resist it's creator? Is that a problem? Does it care about its damaged misfit toys?

Of that, I have no doubt, we exist because it loves us.

OK, another question. Why did there need to be a Kali Yuga? Who set all those cycles up? I put some stock in the Ancients who worked a lot of the illusion out. Why would an Age of Darkness be allowed if it would confuse all the creation so much? These are things we can never truly understand. If separation allowed evil, then wasn't the act of separation the greatest act of evil? That doesn't exist, right. It can give one a headache.

These are not things we need to know unless we are told directly. That is what it means to learn to serve and accept things as they are. But we create, so we are not just meant to accept things as they should be, we appear to be able to change things. Why give us the appearance of being able to change and create, because we are just shadows of the Creator or worse, the Creation, just natural things on display in the zoo. All the systems and paths are mixing up in our chats, because they are all mixed up. It's not just one thing, it's Everything!

Is that a cop out?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Ok, then, Eric, let's put it this way........

Me and my buddies, the ones out in the desert, are helping to build a bridge from here to where you are...... the kingdom come.

This bridge will be the Mahayana..... the short cut to beyond ananda. Looked at another way, this is how we will turn this ship around, just before the abyss. This will be the September surprise.

Suddenly, we might have a whole lot of company.

That's the plan, anyway. This is how we might, rather easily, corner the global media.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:03 pm

That would make me laugh.

I would have a grin so big on my face every time I met someone because they would have no idea how funny all this is.

Otherwise, if September comes and goes, I'll still laugh. There is always something funny going on it seems.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:50 am

I am not a woman
    I am not a man
    Neither a Saint 
    Nor a God
    I'm not the body
    I'm not the mind
    I'm not a person of any kind
    Neither the self
    Nor the soul 
    But much deeper than the black hole
    I am nothing
    I am nothing
    But I am Everything
    Because Everything is nothing 
    And nothing is Everything

You know your waking, sleeping and knowledge will disappear, why not use them while you have them to find out who you are. 

That's what Nis said...he was a mad man and possibly made most of it up, but he speaks right into me. He terrifies me like no one I ever met. 

Because I know he's right and I'm a little depressed about it. 

Another step deeper...death throws really.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:45 am

If the Earth were just an average world, there would be no excuse for all the evil.  

Ours is not an average world.  

Our world contains sapience.  Of course, the cynic would say.... beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here.  I would say.... well, hold on, Scotty, let's check again.....

I say more than this.  I say that there are persons down here.  I'm afraid that Nisargadatta does not even recognize persons as anything out of the ordinary.  He does not recognize himself as anything unusual.  He sees people as interlopers.  

What about the rest of nature?  It's not even clear that he recognizes the existence of nature.  The entire thrust of his teaching is that we should bug the heck out of this hell-hole..... and the sooner the better.  

I say..... hold on, Nis, not quite so fast.... let's see if we can figure things out.  Maybe there's a reason for our being here.

I doubt that Nis would even recognize the existence of reasons.... everything is just an illusion.... especially us, whatever we might be.... we're just the biggest illusion of all.

(cont.)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:10 am

He says the Universe was made in a moment of spontaneous creation out of Joy, just because. What reason is needed? He wanted to address the separation problem not why we are here. But I feel as you, something else is going on, it's not just some cosmic wet dream.

Nis for me isn't some spiritual fad, I found him synchronisticly, so he has a particular weight and voice for me. There are many layers he is teaching on. He chased many away, have no doubt though, he was a genuine incarnation of the Absolute. I can't help but have a little reverence, he would say I need none, we are the same.

"The universe is the grit-filled tumbler which polishes us clean of the patina of separateness."
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Nisargadatta is the perfect foil for us. He may be easily contrasted with the fundamentalists. Nis understands and represents/personifies the ultimate, impersonal state of consciousness.

(cont.)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Go with me here. Kind of mystical thread going. So my understanding from a Kabbalah perspective, the Source sees no division from its perspective. It contains time and space. Like a rainbow making white light, at our level we are that light materialized. But the closer you go to the infinite light the less division. They see a distinction between light and source, which gave rise to dualism in Judiasm. 

So Dan, would you be able to categorize Nis this way, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acosmism?

I'm reading a book The Awakening Guide: A Guide to contemplative myticism. It called to me. Probably due to my heritage.  My ancestors were run out of Europe. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra_Decree

Anyway, there is a personal connection for me to this. I have not gone deep into this to date. 

"While his teacher Isaac the Blind considered Divine Thought to be the first supernatural quality to emanate from the Ayn Sof (or Eternal Being), Azriel argued that Divine Will was the first emanation. Therefore, it was the act of the will rather than the act of the intellect that was the first manifestation of God’s Eternal Being."

"Of the Ein Sof, nothing ("Ein") can be grasped ("Sof"-limitation). It is the origin of the Ohr Ein Sof, the "Infinite Light" of paradoxical divine self-knowledge, nullified within the Ein Sof prior to creation. In Lurianic Kabbalah, the first act of creation, the Tzimtzum self "withdrawal" of God to create an "empty space", takes place from there. In Hasidism, the Tzimtzum is only the illusionary concealment of the Ohr Ein Sof, giving rise to monistic panentheism. Consequently, Hasidism focuses on the Atzmus divine essence, rooted higher within the Godhead than the Ein Sof, which is limited to infinitude, and reflected in the essence (Etzem) of the Torah and the soul."

Not a mistake. It made a space for us to manifest and hid itself in the finite. Or something like that. The Kabbalah is a part of this.

"Ohr ("Light" Hebrew: אור‎‎; plural: Ohros/Ohrot"Lights" Hebrew: אורות‎‎) is a central Kabbalistic term in the Jewish mystical tradition. The analogy of physical light is used as a way of describing metaphysical Divine emanations. Shefa ("Flow" Hebrew: שפע‎‎ and its derivative, Hashpoah"Influence" Hebrew: השפעה‎‎) is sometimes alternatively used in Kabbalah, a term also used in Medieval Jewish Philosophy to mean Divine influence, while the Kabbalists favour Ohr because its numerical value equals Raz ("mystery").[1] It is one of the two main metaphors in Kabbalah for understanding Divinity, along with the other metaphor of the human soul-body relationship for the Sephirot.[2] The metaphorical description of spiritual Divine creative-flow, using the term for physical "light" perceived with the eye, arises from analogous similarities. These include the intangible physicality of light, the delight it inspires and the illumination it gives, its apparently immediate transmission and constant connection with its source. Light can be veiled ("Tzimtzum"-constrictions in Kabbalah) and reflected ("an ascending light from the Creations" in Kabbalah). White light divides into 7 colours, yet this plurality unites from one source. Divine light divides into the 7 emotional Sephirot, but there is no plurality in the Divine essence. The term Ohr in Kabbalah is contrasted with Ma'ohr, the "luminary", and Kli, the spiritual "vessel" for the light.

As a metaphor it also has its limitations. Divinity can only be understood from analogous comparisons to the spatial and temporal phenomena we understand. Once these images are grasped, Kabbalah stresses the need to then attempt to transcend them by understanding their deficiencies. Among the limitations of the central metaphor of "light" are the physical inability of the luminary to withhold its radiance, the fulfilment of purpose the light gives the luminary, and the categorical differentiation between the source and its light. For God, the Creation metaphorically "arose in the Divine Will"[3] and was not impelled. The emanation of Creation fills no lack in the perfection of God.[4] The distinction between the Divine light (beginning with the Ohr Ein Sof - the primordial "Infinite Light", and subsequently the 10 Sephirot emanations) and the Divine Source (the Ein Sof "Infinite") appears only relative to Creation. From God's perspective, Scripture states "For I, the Eternal, I have not changed".[5] From the perspective of God's self-knowledge, the emanations remain completely united and nullified to their source. This answers early Rabbinic criticism of dualism in Kabbalah. The term in Kabbalah and Hasidic philosophy for this nullification is Bittul. In daily spiritual life (Dveikus) it inspires the mystical humility of nullification of the ego."

---

Wow, what a trip. 

http://www.kabbalaonline.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380376/jewish/Worlds-and-Emanations.htm

"Prior to Creation, there was only the infinite Or Ein Sof filling all existence. When it arose in G-d's Will to create worlds and emanate the emanated...He contracted (in Hebrew "tzimtzum") Himself in the point at the center, in the very center of His light. He restricted that light, distancing it to the sides surrounding the central point, so that there remained a void, a hollow empty space, away from the central point... After this tzimtzum... He drew down from the Or Ein Sof a single straight line [of light] from His light surrounding [the void] from above to below [into the void], and it chained down descending into that void.... In the space of that void He emanated, created, formed and made all the worlds."

---

"To be sure, this is a God very different from the ordinary one — a "God beyond God," as it were, neither a paternalistic judge nor a partisan warrior, but Ein Sof, Being and Nothingness, without end or limit, and thus filling every molecule of this page and every synapse in the brain. God is who is reading these words and writing them, who is thinking and what is thought.  This is the world without an observer, with no inside and no outside, in which That (what seems to be without) and You (what seems to be within) are the same.  And with this radically different conception of God come very different expressions of Judaism: elite, often hidden traditions quite unlike the mass religion of rituals, myths, and dogmas.   Moreover, because nonduality so flies in the face of everything we see — which is dualistic, divided into subject and object, self and other, and a thousand other antinomies – mere belief is insufficient, and a different kind of knowing is required, a more intimate intercourse with the truth.  As a philosophical view, nonduality is but an interesting and debatable proposition.  Internalized as a psychological reality, however, it can be transformative; it is the very content of enlightenment. 

It can also be quite disorienting; if there are no distinctions in the absolute (e.g., forbidden and permitted, self and other, light and darkness, body and mind), then the religion of the relative, with its rules and prohibitions, suddenly becomes incoherent.  This is true for all mystical traditions: mysticism blurs the boundaries which religion seeks to enforce.  Thus nondual Judaism, like those other traditions, has been, for almost a millennium, carefully guarded and hidden."

Interesting huh Dan. The closer you get to the edge of the egg, the more incoherent everything in the egg becomes. I'm onto something here. So better to not touch the edge of you want to have anything to do with the manifest?

---

"The whole universe is one. There is only one Self in the universe, only One Existence, and that One Existence . . . Everything in the universe is that One, appearing in various forms . . . The Self when it appears behind the universe is called God. The same Self when it appears behind this little universe, the body, is the soul."

You, as body, mind, or soul, are a dream, but what you really are, is Existence, Knowledge, Bliss. You are the God of this universe. You are creating the whole universe and drawing it in.

"There is but One, seen by the ignorant as matter, by the wise as God."
    Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta, two independent Advaita masters who were far more quietistic than the globetrotting Vivekananda, taught similarly.   Said Ramana: "There is no greater mystery than the following: Ourselves being the Reality, we seek to gain reality. We think there is something hiding our Reality, and that it must be destroyed before the Reality is gained. That is ridiculous."

Nisargadatta's views are similar:

"In the ocean of pure awareness, on the surface of the universal consciousness, the numberless waves of the phenomenal worlds arise and subside beginninglessly and endlessly. As consciousness, they are all me. As events they are all mine. There is a mysterious power that looks after them. That power is awareness, Self, Life, God, whatever name you give it."

I do find great beauty in this. Kabbalists and Hasidim understood the oscillation between a personal and depersonalized God.  The mystics already know the dividing lines, and already transgress them.

That's it really full circle. There is a difficult impersonal aspect of the Absolute we can not really comprehend. All these traditions have something to offer as far as a complete picture. You must do the work to climb the tree. Knock and seek your source.

The Jews made u work for 15 yards and the New Vedanta guys said sing just be and say this chant with me and you will be enlightened. The Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The trippy truth is I am God writing these words to myself. 

Whoa. 

That will change your perspective.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:21 am

Eric,

I don't see anything incoherent in the above.  Your concept of coherence has only been too long limited by scientific analysis.  There need be nothing incoherent about holism/emergentism.  We are constantly acquainted with the unity/simplicity of the self.  

Bill came over yesterday.  He spoke of alignment amongst three separate psychic sources that he has been following for a number of years.  The alignment regards some untoward event later this month.  

Ron left a brief message regarding the LA contingent heading to the desert.  And something in reference to a Northwest ufo group that he has been in contact with, for a number of years.  It seems like the two groups will have separate events.

Things may even be ahead of schedule, within the month, he's claiming.  

Bill related a mystical experience he had, the culmination of eight months of meditative practice, that left him convinced of the non-dual nature of the world.  It left him with no fear of the future, even though there might be a conflagration.  

I'm in a rather small minority, supposing that we might transition through the impending conceptual bottleneck, relatively unscathed, ready for enlightenment.  

Yes, the biggest hurdle will be the reconciliation of Islam and Xtianity.  The only thing, in that regard, is for the Muslims to understand that God also can suffer.  Admittedly, this is no small realization.  

This holds true for every other tradition.  They generally don't appreciate that suffering is essential to personhood, and that personhood is an essential aspect of cosmic consciousness.  

This is the truth behind panentheism.  Only xtianity seems to have grasped this much.  But how they derive dualism from their, oh-so, obvious form of holistic incarnation is way beyond me.  Yes, one could say that they threw out the holy bath water, leaving El Niño stranded.  

Bill alerted me to the Hindu concept of the cosmic egg..... rather similar to the Parmedian One, if not its source.  One need only apply the PII to eliminate the very unnecessary redundancy of the Eternal Return.  

None of the traditions, TBMK, acknowledge the obvious certainty that Creation is an essential/integral aspect of the Monad. Xtianity comes closest, apparently too close for their comfort, so they invent hell.

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:56 am