Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:34 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:48 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+10
Foot Mann
GSB
The Perch
Cuan Scott
U
Cheguevoblin
hobbit
Big Bunny Love
Foresaperire
dan
14 posters

b-j-c-d890

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Empty b-j-c-d890

Post by dan Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:02 am

First topic message reminder :

We really shouldn’t forget the old mnemonic postings....... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t236p425-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2  

Here’s a partial glossary for the mnemonics....... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t251p700-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2 .... scroll down.....

Don’t forget other topics pages.......  

https://bestpossibleworld.com/index06.htm

https://bestpossibleworld.com/aAquarium/content.html

https://best-possible.fandom.com/wiki/Best_Possible_Wiki

Here’s more mnemonics...... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t236p425-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2

Last edited by dan on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
    GSB
    GSB
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Empty Re: b-j-c-d890

Post by GSB Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Childhood's End ...

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Gary,

foot does not expect anything significant to come out of the ufo report due in June.  

I don’t believe that the report will go beyond lights in the sky.

I’m not expecting an announcement of the Eschaton, for instance.

Is Tucker Carlson not a joke?
    GSB
    GSB
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Sat May 01, 2021 8:21 am

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/05/10/how-the-pentagon-started-taking-ufos-seriously

Within a month of the Times article’s publication, the Pentagon’s U.A.P. portfolio was reassigned to a civilian intelligence official with a rank equivalent to that of a two-star general. This successor—who did not want to be named, lest U.F.O. nuts swarm his doorstep—had read Kean’s book. He channelled the cascade of media interest to argue that, without a process to handle uncategorizable observations, rigid bureaucracies would overlook anything that didn’t follow a standard pattern. At the height of the Cold War, the government had worried that the noise of lurid phantasmagoria might drown out signals relevant to national security, or even provide cover for adversarial incursions; now, it seemed, the concern was that valuable intelligence wasn’t being reported. (The Nimitz encounter didn’t become subject to official investigation until years after the incident, when an errant file landed on the desk of someone who decided that it merited pursuit.) “What we needed,” the former Pentagon official said, “was something like the post-9/11 fusion centers, where a D.O.D. guy can talk to an F.B.I. guy and an N.R.O. guy—everything we learned from the 9/11 Commission.”

In the summer of 2018, Elizondo’s successor brandished Kean’s article to make this case to members of Congress. According to the former Pentagon official, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee inserted language into the classified annex of the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act, passed in August of 2018, that obligated the Pentagon to continue the investigations. “The U.A.P. issue is being taken very seriously now even compared to where it was two or three years ago,” the former Pentagon official said.

Elizondo never got to Mattis, but his successor managed to get briefings in front of Mark Esper, the Secretary of Defense, as well as the director of National Intelligence, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the Senate Armed Services Committee, and several members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Government officials in Japan later divulged to the media that they had discussed the topic in a meeting with Esper in Guam. When I asked the former Pentagon official about other foreign governments, he hesitated, then said, “We would not have moved forward without briefing close allies. This was bigger than the U.S. government.”

When I asked [Senator Harry] Reid about the confusion, he told me that he admired Kean but that he had never seen proof of any remnants—something Kean had never actually claimed. He left no doubt in our conversation as to his personal assessment. “I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” he said. “And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that. I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me.” He told me that the Pentagon had not provided a reason.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat May 01, 2021 10:49 am

Gary,

Thanks for linking us to the New Yorker article.

The article is reasonably balanced...... as balanced as one can be within a materialist paradigm....... within a secularist paradigm.  

There is no mention of anything paranormal or psychic in the article.  

Anytime you want to get the government involved, you have to adhere to a strictly scientific worldview.  

Anytime you want to get the mainstream media involved...... same thing.  

You are taking a multidimensional/multimodal phenomenon, and trying to squeeze it into the Procrustean bed of scientism.  

It is not a good fit.  

There are always too many loose ends.  

If there is abundant life and technology in the world, in trying to come to grips with it, we are necessarily venturing into teleological waters.  

Understand that science has absolutely no purchase on the teleological dimension.  

Abandon all hope, ye would-be scientists who attempt to enter that domain.  

Quite deliberately, we are being led on a wild goose chase.

Ok, we are stalking the wild pendulum.  

In as much as paranormal phenomena are able to shape shift...... are able, on occasion, to present themselves as technological phenomena...... by that much are they leading us down the rabbit hole...... with full deliberation.  

By hook or by crook..... by every sort of misdirection, we are, nonetheless, to be engaged.  

The technological dimension is our tar baby...... is our weak spot.

At the bottom of the rabbit hole is the Eschaton.

If these are mental phenomena, how are we able to see them on a radar scope?

(cont........)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 am

Yes, here’s the question......... how does radar work?

And here’s the spoiler alert....... it works by Pratītyasamutpāda.  

Between the East and West, some confusion has arisen on this point.

In the West, we believe in cause and effect.  

In the East, they don’t.  

Thanks to the advent of science, we can now settle this matter, once and for all.........

There is no such thing as cause and effect.  

Cause and effect is a convenient lie.  

Pratītyasamutpāda is an inconvenient Truth.  

It’s a little bit strange.........

You know how the chick 🐣 relies completely....... has complete faith in Wikipedia and the SEP.  

Well, neither one has anything to say about either cause or effect.

This is the most important issue in the world today, and, from both East and West, all we get is silence........
    Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the sound of silence
    ...... speaking of the Logos Spermatikos.  

Alright, we’d better get serious here, folks........ https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/twotruths-india/ .....
    The theory of the two truths, according to the Samādhirāja-sūtra, is a unique contribution made by the Buddha towards Indian philosophy. This text states: “the knower of the world, without hearing it from others, taught that there are the two truths”
    And then try this....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhonism

Oh, dear, it’s looking like chick 🐣 is a Pyrrhonist.  

Ok, so which came first....... the chicken 🐔 or the egg 🥚...... or Pratītyasamutpāda 🍳?  

I guess our goose is cooked.  

To Keith.........
    Ok ✅, I have proven immaterialism........ simply because science 🧬 has disproven cause and effect.  

Buddha discovered this first, when he invented Pratītyasamutpāda....... co-dependent arising.  

If you don’t believe chick 🐣 about the trouble that the best and brightest of us are in, just google cause and effect........ here is the first entry........ https://youtu.be/mKBthdR8sYU

Do recall when chick was explaining how sunflowers 🌻 caused the Sun 🌞.  

In other words, the radar echoes cause ufos 🛸.

There would be nothing to Disclose in June, if there had not been the radar echoes.  

Getting really serious 🧐, now....... https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-physics/

(cont........)
    GSB
    GSB
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am

Dan is the "Anti-Clarke" (AC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

These so-called laws are:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

The anti Anti-Clarke's so-called laws are:

When an undistinguished but elderly philosopher states that something is wrong (science), he is almost certainly wrong. When he states that something is the best possible, he is very probably wrong.

The only way of discovering the limits of the philosophy is to venture a little way past them into the possible if improbable (level IV multiverse).

Any sufficiently advanced philosophy is indistinguishable from magic, which is impossible.

Foresaperire likes this post

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 02, 2021 8:21 am

1420z.......

Well, who is going to win this argument....... the hedgehog 🦔 or the fox 🦊?  

The Logos Spermatikos is going to win.  

Pratītyasamutpāda is going to win....... to wit..... https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/causation-physics/#CausExpl

This is why we can’t understand ufos 🛸........ they are Pratītyasamutpāda....... they codepend with the Eschaton.  

The Alpha codepends with the Omega.  

We can’t understand iPhones because they codepend with the Telos.  

The Trump phenomenon is codependent with a lot these things...... evidently.  

We are back to the radar question........

How does the concept of direct perception explain radar?

The problem of perception arises particularly in our perception of other minds.  Direct perception is akin to the notion of mind reading....... that we somehow have direct access to other minds...... mental telepathy?  

This problem would be alleviated by positing just one mind.  

What about our perception of non-persons...... a tree 🌲, say?  

Do we also have telepathic contact with trees?  

Is there only one tree?  

Am I seeing other persons memories of trees?  

Well, ok, I’m seeing God’s idea of a tree....... that particular tree?  

Poor God....... her mind would be awfully cluttered.  

Previously, I’ve suggested that much of nature could be handled as a fractal.

But the computing power would still be astronomical.

(cont.........)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

b-j-c-d890 - Page 26 Empty T

Post by dan Mon May 03, 2021 6:56 am

1300z........

The basic idea for creating the best possible world is to outsource Creation....... to us Creatures.  

How does this work?  

Well, it’s just mechanics on steroids....... and instead of the least action principle, we have the best action principle.  

In other words, Creation is like bridge 🌉 building........ ours is a suspension bridge over the Abyss.  

It is a two tower suspension....... Alpha and Omega.  

Creation, then, is the optimal catenary, hanging in between.  

I’m tempted to be a bit more detailed with this analogy.  

The suspended roadway is Creation...... our 3D world + time.... a one-way road.  

The vertical ‘suspenders’ are us, persons.  

I’m tempted to suggest that the catenary then, is the superstructure..... on the other side.  

Well, maybe better......... the ‘catenary’ becomes the Monad, and we, suspenders, are suspended from the Monad by our quantum apertures.

We do the road work........ Caution ⚠...... persons at work.  

We are the catenate chain gang on the hiway....... just like the prisoners that we are.  

The other structural model that we have, of course, is the Ouroboros.  

With the Ouroboros, we are basically juxtaposing the two towers...... the Alpha and the Omega....... leaving just the ‘air gap’...... Omega =>> Alpha.  

We might conveniently place the Monad at the center of the Ouroboros...... where it becomes, effectively, a third tower.    

The suspenders become the spokes on the wheel, with the Monad the hub.  

But keep in mind that this best possible wheel does not revolve.  

The BPW...... the singular circuit..... does not revolve.  Instead, we, individually, go around the wheel.  

And there is only one person.......making 10^10 loops.  

In other words, the laziest Creator turns out to be the busiest Creator.  

In any case, we, communally, are the best possible Creator....... in case you were wondering.  

Is there not a Conductor?  

That is the Monad....... as near as chick 🐣 can tell.  

Understand that the vast bulk of the orchestration is carried out...... sub specie aeternitatis...... or from the other side.  

The Monad is then the point at infinity, as in projective or complex geometry.  

Wonderful......... and what does the Ouroboros have to do with radar?  

We think of radar as we think of mechanical devices...... in terms of cause and effect.  

The Ouroboros obviates cause and effect.  

Instead of cause and effect, we have something more like push and pull.  

No, I don’t believe in the mechanics of history.  

I believe in the teleology of history....... or simply the Telos/Omega.  

The Alpha acts as an auxiliary anchor for history....... a bow line anchor, with the Telos then being at the stern.  

This would be rather unnautical.  

In electrodynamics, there are two solutions for wave propagation....... advanced and delayed potentials.  The delayed waves describe normal propagation.  The advanced waves, however, propagate backward in time, and they are usually just disregarded.  

Nonetheless, the notion of advanced potentials has played an important role in the development of quantum electrodynamics.

If space and time are illusions, then all perception is direct...... including radar detection.  

Technology is an integral part of that illusion.  

Homo sapiens is also known as Homo faber.  

Our ultimate fabrication is the internet, which is our actuator for the final portal...... or Eschaton.  

The internet compresses space and time...... like none other.

(cont........)
    Foot Mann
    Foot Mann
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by Foot Mann Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 pm

The Chicken is a fool. He pecks at what he thinks is the internet, and fills his gizzard on drool. The internet is not the google feed, access controlled by those with greed. It is the dark web where freedom breeds. No place for foolish Chicken reads.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am

How foolish this fool....... who would suppose that the Truth is anywhere but within.    

Discernment is one’s only lantern........ no matter what shade of gray is the web.  

The Truth can be misplaced, it cannot be hidden.

Let us speak of echo location........

What’s it like to be a bat 🦇?  

I don’t think it’s like anything....... there is no there, there.  

Nonetheless, bats are quite proficient at snagging flying insects.

Bats have sonar....... the principle is the same as radar.  

Or how about the blind person’s walking stick 🦯?

It is a slight extension of personal perception....... not unlike a pair of eyeglasses 🤓.  

The original fabrications of Homo faber were fire 🔥 and shelter.

While not tools, in and of themselves, they would require tools of various sorts.

Hearth 🔥 and home 🏡 were essential for the initial extension of interactions with the world...... and so, of course, was our manual dexterity.

In such manner did we begin to divorce ourselves from the natural world.

Of course, as a personalist, I believe that persons are a package 📦 deal.

I don’t believe in missing links. There are scant links between persons and non-persons...... biology notwithstanding...... there is no more biology than is necessary to motivate our essential frabricative skills.

(cont........)

Last edited by dan on Tue May 04, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 am

An omni present sea of consciousness ( aether)

Field to field interactions in the consciousness .

Resistance to the out going ripple is the detection of the resistance.

hobbit
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue May 04, 2021 10:58 am

Poor hobbit,

He missed his calling........ he should have been a hydrologist.

Biology.........

What is essential to us, biologically, is a stomach and hands.  

We use our hands to stuff our mouth 👄.  

With those two items, we are heaven bound....... there was no turning back.  

This is manufacture.  

This is proprioception........ especially if we include vision and sound.

Radar becomes incorporated into our sixth sense....... proprioception.

(cont........)

Last edited by dan on Tue May 04, 2021 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Tue May 04, 2021 11:18 am

To our normal senses the reactions in water do gives clues to the reactions in the omni present sea of consciousness.

https://www.the-adamski-case.nl/his-teaching/consciousness/

How many ists do You know?

hobbit
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 am

1740z........

hobbit suggests that there is something besides the ocean 🌊....... besides our quintessence.  

Folks has been looking for that primordial stuff, since the beginning of time.  

No such luck.

If science has taught us anything, it has taught us that there is nothing besides the aether.  

Mathematics floats in the aether.  

Mathematics is part of our proprioception.  

And there is only proprioception.  

We use our built in radar to situate ourselves in the Cosmos.  

When the echo comes back, it says that we are God.  

Whoever can prove that fact will be the second coming.  

That will be our new situation....... and will complete our historic sojourn into the Wilderness.  

You can ever go only half way into the Wilderness, before you are headed out, again.  

We have gone well over halfway....... the light we are seeing is the end of the tunnel.  

So, yes, our sixth sense is our only sense.

Walking sticks and radars are all essential parts of our proprioception.  

Is there cause and effect that when we throw a ball up in the air, it then comes down, again?  

A star explodes, and it leaves a debris field in its wake.

Surely, the explosion is the cause of the debris.  

The Big Bang is the cause of the stars...... we are its debris field.  

Well, that’s the case only if time is real.  

If time were real, we would be able to measure 📏 it.  

But we can’t get a handle on it...... it keeps slipping right through our fingers.  

So does water 💦.  Isn’t water real?  

The bullet that killed JFK........?

To be real is to relate.  

Does this make JFK more real than John Smith?  

Is Mt Everest more real than Mt Monadnock?  

The only arbiters of so-called ‘reality’ are persons.  

And which among us is the most real?  

Well, philosophers have struggled with this question.  

And speaking of relations....... the only idea that makes any sense is the doctrine of internal relations.  

Ok, but we can’t understand an internal relation without understanding an external relation.  

External relations are fortuitous.  

An internal relation is intrinsic to the identity of the entity in question.  

What is intrinsic to the identity of persons?  

According to Darwinism, there is nothing intrinsic....... all relations are external.  

What about mother to child?  

The existence of both of them is purely fortuitous, on the Darwinian view.

Two accidents don’t confer an essence on each other.

Two cars crash into each other.

They are no longer cars...... they are wrecks.

We have merely added one external relation to another.

Does the involvement of dna 🧬 add something essential?

(cont........)

Last edited by dan on Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 pm; edited 11 times in total
    hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm

dan wrote:hobbit suggests that there is something besides the ocean 🌊....... besides our quintessence.  

Folks has been looking for that primordial stuff, since the beginning of time.  

No such luck.

If science has taught us anything, it has taught us that there is nothing besides the aether.  

Mathematics floats in the aether.  

Mathematics is part of our proprioception.  

(cont........)

May the 4th be with You.

hobbit
    GSB
    GSB
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Tue May 04, 2021 5:27 pm

The Pentagon's inspector general is looking into the actions the military has taken to address the spate of UFO sightings in recent years involving high performance aircraft that have violated military airspace.

The probe comes as Congress awaits a public report, due next month, from a host of national security agencies on the issue, and as advocates complain that some departments and agencies are not fully cooperating by sharing data.

"The objective of this evaluation is to determine the extent to which the DoD has taken actions regarding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)," Randolph Stone, assistant inspector general for evaluations on space, intelligence, engineering and oversight, wrote in a Monday memo to the heads of the military branches and other top military commanders and intelligence chiefs.

https://media.defense.gov/2021/May/04/2002633947/-1/-1/1/D2021-DEV0SN-0116.000_REDACTED.PDF

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm

0110z........

Gary,

If the USG came clean on the phenomenology problem, it would be tantamount to announcing the Eschaton.  

That is not going to happen next month.  

Globally, there are, maybe, ten thousand who have been briefed on the problem.  

Out of those, maybe 500 have been made aware of the link to eschatology.  

In the meantime, we can be working on the alternative to cause & effect.  

According to science, the Big Bang caused the galaxies and the stars.  

Everything else is the result of random fluctuations....... if not the Big Bang itself.  

In an atomic world, all relations are extrinsic....... it’s all just atoms swerving in the void.  

That one entity gave birth to another entity is just another accident.  

Motherhood carries no more meaning than personhood.  

There are no essences.  

Everything is external to everything else.  

Nothing has an inside, except in a geometrical sense.  

However, in an immaterial world, nothing happens without a reason.  

This is just Leibniz’ principle of sufficient reason.  

That everything might be mechanically determined is simply a non-starter.  

This is not to say that mechanics 🧰 does not have its place in the best possible world.  

Reason here means rationale...... everything is an essential aspect of the Metanarrative.  

Every event has been choreographed in Eternity....... with persons being the arbiters....... and, in the End, there is but one Arbiter....... the Alpha&Omega..... but at the same time, everything is co-dependent....... the Alpha and Omega...... along with everything else...... including the sunflower 🌻 and the Sun 🌞.  

Everything is a microcosm of everything else.

(cont........)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu May 06, 2021 3:20 am

0920z.........

In a material world, there is no inside.  

In an immaterial world there is no outside....... everything is inside everything else.

Indeed, everything is portalific microcosm, as it were....... or is everything a microcosmic portal?

God has numbered every hair on our head...... every tree in the forest.  

In some very nontrivial sense, there is only one hair...... one tree..... and one of us.  

All the rest is mirrors and portals.  

Imagine Disclosing that!  

It won’t happen tomorrow.  

But it’s going to be sooner than later.  

It was Rorty who wrote the Mirror of Nature.  

That’s us.......
    Rorty argues that philosophy has unduly relied on a representational theory of perception and a correspondence theory of truth, hoping our experience or language might mirror the way reality actually is. In this he continues a certain controversial Anglophone tradition, which builds upon the work of philosophers such as Quine, Sellars, and Donald Davidson. Rorty opts out of the traditional objective/subjective dialogue in favor of a communal version of truth.
    We are no longer just the Mirror, sports fans.  

We are the I Am.  

And radar is just one of our portals.  

Radar is not a mirror, in other words.  

Telescopes are not mirrors.  

Microscopes are not mirrors.  

Everything is already inside everything else.  

Smelly has been trying to tell us this all along...... in his own inimitable fashion.  

Most important...... mirrors are not mirrors.  

Incredible as it may seem, Rorty may not have read Barfield.  

I may have read Rorty before I read Barfield, but never really made the connection.  

If only I had known then what I know now..... life would have been so much simpler.  

Isn’t that right, smelly?  

And, get this, TikTok may not be a mirror.  

If something is not a mirror, what is it?  

It couldn’t possibly be a portal..... could it?  

Talk about walking portals......

Let’s just hope that chick 🐣’s fashion is a little more imitable.  
    The broad scope of Rorty's metaphilosophical deconstruction, together with a penchant for uncashed metaphor and swift, broad-stroke historical narrative, has gained Rorty a sturdy reputation as an anti-philosopher's philosopher. While his writing enjoys an unusual degree of popularity beyond the confines of the profession, Rorty's work is often regarded with suspicion and scepticism within academic philosophy.
    Hmmm 🤔.......

UFOs 🛸 are not a mirror 🪞...... or are they?  

That is the only question before us.  

Let’s see what foot 🦶* has to say about this question 🙋.  

Has he been briefed..... or not?

Perhaps 🤔 the UFOs 🛸 are mirrors 🪞 of the Eschaton?

I’d love 💗 to see 🐜i/e get up on his hind legs, and explain this to his fans.  

chick 🐣 is wondering where he can get one of those uncashed metaphors.  Would they work in the Metanarrative?  

Metaphors for the Unknown, Michael Smithson......
    For those of us who would dispute Frost’s grand claim by pointing to science as a mode of thought with no place for metaphors, I recommend Theodore Brown’s 2003 book, “Making Truth: Metaphor in Science.”
    Or be sure to see Metaphors Chemists Live By.  

Most Western metaphors for ignorance, uncertainty, and the unknown have a negative cast to them. This negativity is symptomatic of (and may be partly responsible for) a blind-spot in Western culture, namely a tendency to overlook positive manifestations and aspects of the unknown. Drawing attention to this blind-spot is one of the chief motivations behind this blog.
    Yes, the chick 🐣 dares to say that the Eschaton is a blind spot....... speaking of metaphors!  

Richard is much more nuanced than Barfield.  

Even so he has been subject to much criticism by his academic colleagues.  

He is saying that the philosophical endeavor should be understood as conversations about traditionally philosophical topics, taking place in an historical context.  

No particular outcome should be expected.  Science is just one of the voices in the conversation.  He relies heavily on the Kuhnian notion of an open ended sequence of paradigms.  

Richard is helpful particularly because he provides a platform that is not too distant from those of immaterialism.  

It provides a contemporary insight into the currents and undercurrents of philosophy that are relevant to the work here.  

Rorty is our scrying stone into some of philosophy’s murkier waters.  

He has forced philosophers to be a bit more candid about their personal and political agendas.  

(cont........)

Big Bunny Love likes this post

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 am

1500z........

Above all, Richard is a pragmatist.  He is the most recent mentor of that movement.  

He attempts to protect philosophy from scientism....... simply by deconstructing any notion of truth.  

Truth is only what works in a given context.  

As far as their metaphysical commitments, there is considerable overlap between (continental) phenomenology and pragmatism....... each with a strong emphasis on language.  

Here is Hans Gadamer........
    the fact that we have a world at all depends upon [language] and presents itself in it. The world as world exists for man as for no other creature in the world.  
    This comes very close to the world shattering Truth.  

We are the world makers...... all contrary appearances notwithstanding.  

Is the world, then, a semantic contrivance?  

Well...... it is the incarnation of the Logos.  

Could the Logos have incarnated in any other fashion?  

No.  

This is the statement of the best possible world hypothesis...... which is tantamount to the only possible world hypothesis.  

Is the world presenting itself to us?

Perhaps..... in our dreams...... in our altered states....... there is an individual confrontation.  

The sum total, or the coherent interference, of these personal confrontations is what we see around us, interpersonally...... arising co-dependently.  

Each of our dreams is the ‘reenactment’ of the confrontation between the Abyss and the I Am....... but, in that timeless dimension, there is no cause and effect...... the ‘reenactment’ is occurring in ‘real time’..... sub specie aeternitatis.  

What?  You don’t believe the chick 🐣?

Well, we shall see about that, won’t we?  

It seems that our friend, Chivo, had a self shattering, all too close, encounter with the Abyss.  

At the Eschaton, we will all be re-enacting Chivo’s close encounter..... his childhood’s End...... our ego’s End.  

The world, qua world, will just manage to sidestep our encounter with the Abyss.  This ‘sidestep’ will constitute its singular, best possible, ‘Reset’.  

It’s not really that we are Raptured...... it’s more like the best possible ‘natural’ world is able to duck out of the way.  

We, then, put the world ‘back’ together on the other side...... the Alpha side of the ‘spark’ gap with the Omega.  

Had we not fallen under the spell of the big world illusion...... under the illusion of naturalism....... how would history have been different...... could there even have been history?

Certainly not modern history.  

Portals would have ‘reasserted’ themselves at a much earlier date.  

A lot of folks might have opted out of modern history, were the option available.  

The caveat is that history is a package 📦 deal...... just like everything else.  

Gosh, couldn’t we just go back and cherry 🍒 pick the ‘best’ aspects of the best possible world?  

I don’t think 🤔 it works like that....... sports fans.  

Modern history is absolutely essential to our completion of the ouroboric loop.  

It will go without saying, when the Omega appears.  

So, it could be that altered states are fragments of the close encounter of the I Am with the Abyss.  

This would be our original participation, happening in ‘real’ time.  

This would be a very distributed form of participation and/or of the Eschaton, even...... as with retarded and advanced potentials.  

This could be how we maintain free will without free will....... it would be a kind of virtual free will.

(cont........)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 am

We moderns are told that what lies behind the appearances is physics.  

I’m suggesting that what lies behind the appearances is metaphysics.  

Metaphysics is closely associated with our collective unconscious.  

There are also, of course, individual aspects of our unconscious.

With an island, the barrier reefs represent the individual unconscious, while the ocean represents the collective unconscious.

The mundane world is our collective consciousness.

Our personal memories ground us in both worlds.

Ultimately, our personal memories become interpersonal...... forming the Akashic record...... upon which the Monad floats...... or we could say that the Akashic record is the corona of the Monad.

(cont........)

Last edited by dan on Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 am

Consciousness forms unique individual dual whorl fields, all fields are within larger dominant fields, all information is in consciousness.

Each field is centred on a neutral reversal zone where implosion reverses outwards as outrush, at some point due to the cyclic balance between implosion over outrush all fields diminish eventually collapsing totally.

This will be where alpha meets omega as each end of the field meet.

hobbit
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat May 08, 2021 11:26 am

Dear hobbit,

If you wish interact with me, you will need to transcend your hydrological/dowsing metaphors.  

Understand, please, that neither I nor most of the readers of this blog are plumbers.  

We do not have that specialized knowledge.  

This blog is intended only for those who strive for the Truth........ if there even be such a thing.  

Very few people believe there is such a thing as Truth........ beyond mere facts....... if indeed there are any objective facts.  

Recently, you have made reference to Walter Russell and George Adamski.  

These two gentlemen both go beyond the metaphors of hydrology and dowsing.  

Both of them are Truth seekers, as am I and some of the readers here.  

Let’s discuss the Truth seeking of Adamski and Russell.  

This is something that might be of more general interest than hydrology.  

Now, I’m not saying that hydrology has no place in our larger Truth, but, if we want others to understand the truth of dowsing, we must somehow attempt to situate it in the Cosmos.  

Now both Adamski and Russell make reference to Maurice Bucke’s cosmic consciousness.  

It’s been a while since I have perused Bucke’s book, so we could look at it together, and maybe find some common ground for our understanding.  

In the meantime, it might be of interest to understand that more than a few of our dreams and altered states may be reflective of the primordial encounter between the I Am and the Abyss.  

These are the primordial stirrings of the cosmic consciousness...... of the I Am.  

These are our telescope...... our synthetic aperture back, before time and space, to the cosmic Pratītyasamutpāda of the Logos Spermatikos.  

And, mind you that, the altered states are not just passive observations.

These states are an essential component of our original and final participation in cosmogenesis.

They speak to our distant past as well as to our much more immediate future.

Our collective wisdom is brought to bear on the Cosmogenesis.

The ouroboric serpent bites its own tail....... the Omega meets the Alpha.

(cont........)

hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Sat May 08, 2021 12:51 pm

I too have had these illuminations, and had a message "TO BUILD THE KNOWLEDGE"

I didn't receive the slightest help with words, but TRUTH is central.

Dowsing in it's purest form is attunement, and I have the ability to tune into consciousness.

hobbit

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Ok,

George Adamski, Walter Russell and hobbit have all had their personal encounters cosmic consciousness.  

So did RM Bucke.  

His (1902) book on the topic is considered a classic, largely because he made reference to many other historic and contemporary figures.  

His book, along with William James’s, variety of religious experiences, are considered the two great classics of the field.  

They have influenced much of later philosophy......... philosophy going beyond the analytic and linguistic.  

All I’m saying on this blog is that it is time is time to update James and Bucke.  

Are you going to help or hinder this effort?  

In other words, would you like to have a conversation with me about cosmic consciousness..... or not?

That’s my only question, hobbit.  

I have glanced at Bucke’s table of contents.  

He, like virtually all of those who followed, are studiously avoiding one topic........ cosmology.  

Among the followers, Alfred North Whitehead was the one who came closest to grappling with cosmology.  

Unlike any of the others, Whitehead has an entry in the SEP.  

The question that we will be able to put to ANW, is..... what is the place of mind in the Cosmos?  

I have tried to put this question to you, hobbit, but you have avoided answering........ and I still don’t know why this is true of you and almost everyone else.  

You say that you have the ability to tune into consciousness.  

Walter Russell shared this ability........ in fact, he made no bones about being able to tune into Cosmic consciousness.  

But little chick 🐣 remains unimpressed.  

How can anyone claim to be tuned into Cosmic consciousness, and not feel the presence of the Eschaton?  

It sure beats me.  

Maybe you can explain this to the rest of us.  

We are waiting with baited breath.......

In the meantime, let’s look ANW (à la SEP)........
    Closely linked to this completion of the scientific scheme of thought, Whitehead developed a new scientific ontology and a new theory of perception. His scientific ontology is one of internally related events (instead of merely externally related bits of matter).
    Hmmm 🧐......

I spent hours and hours on Alfred, and never got to such a succinct conclusion.  

Hey, ‘obfuscation’ is almost any philosopher’s middle name.  

And the explanation for this very studied obfuscation....... it’s all in the name of Eschaton avoidance........ a very worthy cause, most would think........ well, everyone except the little chick 🐣.

(cont.........)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 09, 2021 10:12 am

There may or may not be an Eschaton.  

However, until we can assure ourselves that eschatology is not beyond the pale of reason, it behooves us to review the possibilities.  

Eschatology is not properly a science....... it has more to do with metaphysics.

If, as science insists, the world is an accident, then the half-life of humanity is likely to be much less than any astronomically foreseeable catastrophes.  

However, if scientific materialism is not iron clad, then we may need think again about the future.  

Science insists that any appearance of teleology is merely an illusion, and so we have teleonomy....... teleology in name only.  

On the other hand, most philosophers insist that the hallmark of mind is its intentionality.  

Almost by definition, a thought has to be about something.  

What then about life?  Is life about something....... beyond survival and procreation?  

And what about the notion of progress and/or evolution?  

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Sun May 09, 2021 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am