Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:40 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Livin Your Best Life
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:32 pm by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 11:11 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
Cheguevoblin
AtomicBrando
murnut
Earthling
Big Bunny Love
GSB/SSR
hobbit
SurfBum
Cuan Scott
dan
15 posters

Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show......

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Empty Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show......

Post by dan Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Here goes Nothing........

The Princess is barely talking to me, and I seem to be holding her kid hostage.......

I guess they’d better send in the SWAT team.  

Just another typical day in the life of the family..... of any microcosmic family........
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Links to the BPWH Glossary's 

The first is to a partial glossary......... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t251p700-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2  

And at the top of the glossary is the link to one of the several original mnemonic pages, grouped around April of 2016........ https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t236p425-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2 . 

Last edited by dan on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cuan Scott
    Cuan Scott

Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Empty Re: Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show......

Post by Cuan Scott Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Interesting one Foot.. Smile

Personally, I think Potus is doing a good job. Hope he sticks around.

Good for all of us in the wider world to have someone in the OO whose actions thus far seem aligned to the creation of world peace. Even where necessary through strength. Smile

Think Bruce Lee would be happy.

The Art of 'fighting without fighting..' Smile

Seems the SoT is perhaps right again, re Potus. Smile

Cuan Scott
    Cuan Scott

Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show...... - Page 26 Empty Re: Family in a Fishbowl / Princess + 0 / reality show......

Post by Cuan Scott Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Dan,

Trust you and Debbie had a good and fun trip Smile

I have not been at class for a while but just caught up on all the lessons I have missed.

Phew!

Has the Goat's class been cancelled? Did he leave for pastures new?

I loved his class. As I love all classes at the OM 'Academy'

He like you is a good teacher.. kicked my butt and made me question, like you and others here did and do. I am grateful for it.

Never felt feel judged though. I think that makes for a great teacher.

Perhaps one day he will return Smile

Hobbit,

Thanks for the insights into the geometry relating to consciousness.

Funny, just before I came to OM tonight I picked up Barfield and although I have yet to read it, I flicked through the pages and it opened at a page relating to Motion, Geometry, Ptolemy and Nature.

Just wondering, but re 3D geometric structure is it truly physical?

Or, like everything else, is it too, simply another model of our subjective belief / lens of perception?

AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Foot Mann wrote:Fools abound, the Earth is round, the vectors point the Way. Stay the course, you foolish loon, the President is here to stay. Time again he comes and goes, but only the Princess knows. For he comes through her and with blessing goes, without fear of the foolish nose.

I am freedom

I have no president

Or princess

Or even a body

So surely you are the Fool here

You can always find at least one

Amen
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Wink
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:29 pm

No one can teach anyone anything.

Fools are good to have around though.

They are useful idiots.

Take all the flak.

Say the silly things.

Show their naughty bits.

Punch anyone who punches them.

You get the joke I hope.
    Cuan Scott
    Cuan Scott

Post by Cuan Scott Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:48 pm

I do Smile

Are we not all someone else's fool or 'someone' and here to help them see what they need to see in themselves?

As others help me see.

As to teaching, perhaps it is getting the right help at the right time to peel back the layers of the onion to the gold that lies beneath.

Don't mind what I say anyway.

We do I guess know what we need to know when we need it.

AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:05 pm

We can learn to care for the fool.

Most leave the fool to suffer though.

The fool represents us of course.

Takes one to know one.
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:36 pm

We are insane.

People try to be sane.

But realization is being unsane.
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:59 am

Black hole safety video (NASA) ... after all, we're living in a material world ;-)

Meanwhile, we might have a P. B. H. in our neighborhood ...

https://gizmodo.com/what-if-planet-nine-is-a-bowling-ball-size-black-hole-1838527880

Now that would be one good test experience for Dan's immaterialism conjecture!

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 am

Stay the course..........?  
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre  
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
    Are full of passionate intensity.
    .... some course.......

You have to do what you have to do.  Don’t expect me to be a cheerleader.  

Will I keep my nose out of your business?  

Sure, the way I kept my nose out of the vegas business.  

donny may well be the lesser of evils.  I see no cause for celebration...... nor do I imply that you do.   I believe that your toil is honest.  I am not in your shoes, you are not in mine.  

Do I peer down from Monadnock?  

That is part of my job.  But you know that I have your back.  It is family.  

noon/ft.........

We will survive donny.  I don’t look forward to a second term, however.  

On the other hand, a play pen has been erected around the White House...... fear not.  

There are bigger fish to fry.  

The center does not hold.  

Science has provided a center for modern times, propped up with residue of religion.

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 am

So what if we probably are living in the ultimate conspiracy as RAW saw it?

Every view is true and equally absurd.

That’s a true fallacy Wink

You have to suss out the meaning, YMMV.

You have to watch the folklore.

For instance, I met a faery the other day, she gave me a thimble of beer. It was wonderful. It tingled all over. We had the most amazing conversation I can hardly remember. I better write this faery tale down soon before I forget it.

Don’t mind me, I’m just a ramblin through.

Truthful and absurd.

Hear the train up in the sky?

I see the chicken is having a family spat.

They happen.

And evaporate away.

Like black holes.

Saw a black hole eat a Star.

That was far out.

Don’t want to get too close to one of those.

They seem to act like the vacuum cleaners of the cosmos to me.

Everything wonderfully messy heading toward neat and tidy, then...don’t know.

Enjoy free fall.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 am

I don’t think Wilson was quite as stupid as you make him out to be.

..... no dumber than Yeates.  

They both intuited the cosmic trigger.

What else can that trigger be, but the Truth...... ye of little faith.  

Give me a fulcrum, and I will move the world.  

The truth of personalism is that fulcrum.  The Princess is that angel...... much tougher than foot.  

She doesn’t have to embrace me........ merely stay within sight.  

If stick with donny, I must, it is only on behalf of the princess.  

I guess donny can be her boy toy.  

12:50........

Personalism is a shocking truth.  

I have seen no one shocked by it.  

Instead, we are mesmerized by the chirps recorded by the LIGO mirrors........ chirps just a small fraction of the diameter of a proton.  That is true faith.  That much faith is well beyond my ken.  

Kip Thorne was a classmate.  He has been briefed.  At one point he was primed to spill some beans.  I’m sorry that he was not afforded that opportunity........ patience, my friends.  

All things come to those who wait.  Sure, we have waited a couple of millennia....... that’s all.  

donny got a little bit impatient, but, at least, he was our impatience.  

Nationalism is an impatience with secularism, with beta consciousness.    

George HW should have known better, when he spoke of an NWO.  He was far too impatient, in an Episcopalian sort of way.  

Same goes for Bernie, in spades.  

The Democrats are all a bit like Bernie...... keeping the faith of secularism.  That is the only reason that donny might have a chance at a second term.  donny is the underside of personalism.  Personalism with no Source in sight.  

How does communalism differ from communism?  

This is not an easy question.  One that I have not addressed, directly.  

Communalism is based on personalism, while communism is based on dialectical materialism......... may God forbid.  

What does that even mean?  

Although Marx drastically downplayed Hegel’s absolute, he could find no substitute.  

Instead, there was a worker’s utopia....... which is a dumb idea, from any ontological perspective.  What sort of Telos is a worker’s paradise?  It is a non starter.  

And how can Darwin and Marx ever be reconciled ?  

At one point, Hegel was a Christian, but, like so much of the intelligentsia, he outgrew it.  And it’s all because of the vibration of the LIGO mirrors.  

Imagine having to place your faith in vibrating mirrors....... yes, and tic tacs........ or, at least, one interpretation, thereof.  

Yes, sports fans, when it comes to the cosmic self, familiarity breeds contempt.  We simply cannot keep our heads above the muck.  

So, under communalism, the chicken becomes a philosopher king..... but only while I can keep my head above the muck.  

The portal keepers would be my attendants, while I attend to the queen bee.   That’s all....... bfd........

There is some minimal control over portal access....... otherwise, it’s simply........ be careful what you are wishing for, when you go to the well.  

Trust me, donny is no exemplar, in this regard.  I suspect that Melania can put him in his place...... with a little help from her friends.  

Trust me....... portals are fail safe...... it’s all about entanglement.  

Alexander was a bit impatient about unraveling the Gordian knot.  With portals, the unraveling can proceed apace....... at the best possible pace.  

Have I answered every question about communalism? KISS........

(cont......)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:33 am

As if to answer my question, from last week’s New Yorker, about Koestler........
    The deferral of responsibility for one’s own actions to an outside agency, such as history, is what Sartre, in his existentialist writings of the time, defined as “bad faith.” And Rubashov’s awakening, like Koestler’s in his Spanish cell, is a kind of existential crisis—a sudden recognition of the necessity of individual judgment. The Communist Party, Koestler writes, has “a tendency to shy away from using the first-person singular,” since it reckons in masses, not individuals. The “I” is, for the Party, nothing more than “the grammatical fiction,” an illusion that had to be overcome in order to achieve justice for the many.

But Rubashov’s experience in prison convinces him that the “I,” for all its fragility, is of infinite value, because it is the ultimate source and basis of morality. To the Party, the fact that the “I” partakes of infinity is what makes it useless for the purposes of logic: “Infinity was a politically suspect quantity,” Koestler writes.
    We can’t deny that donny is a personalist, when it comes to his own person.  He is also a political animal.  

The law means very little to him, beyond its efficacy in crowd control.  Persons and the law do have a convoluted history.  Common law has been history’s answer.  

The Constitution attempts to deal with the problem of infinite value, by supposing all of us to be of equal value........ a good try, for deists.  

The fact of infinite value renders all social calculations..... all market calculations...... valueless.  

Simply put, there can be no historical solution to the problem of  infinite value.  

Thus is eschatology, of either the personal or collective variety, rendered the only solution, once you discount the prospect of an infinite historical progress.  

Not, of course, that there has to be a solution, unless we suppose that Creation is by, for and about persons....... then, yah, there’s a solution.  

Given that space and time are our Creation, then we may speak of the Source that is outside of history..... outside of the Metanarrative.  

Welcome to Monadnock...... the old man in the mountain.  

Yes, sports fans, the portals are the silver bullet for all of history’s problems.

Too simple...... too convenient...... I’m very sorry.  I could try to complicate it, but, really, don’t you think it’s already complicated enough?  

So, what are we waiting for?  

We’re just waiting for the best possible time to bring down the curtain.  

Disclosure is not exactly synonymous with bringing down the curtain, but ‘modulo’ the Millennium, it’s pretty darn close.  

I think that, besides for a few conspiracy zealots, most folks intuit that this final conspiracy is by, for and about us.  

As RAW would say, history is the sum total of all conspiracies ever imagined.  

1:10..........

I’m currently reading this, among several editorials in the Times...... https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/28/opinion/sunday/silicon-valley-techno-optimism.html .... The Church of Techno-Optimism....

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 am

Poor Dan.

Sad

I don’t think he’s gonna get it.

He doesn’t understand RAW at all.

If he did, all he would or could say would be...

Mu

Smelly: You show them but they cannot see.

AB: They see what they need to see smelly goat.

A monk asked Joshu, a Chinese Zen master: "Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?"

Joshu answered: "Mu." [Mu is the negative symbol in Chinese, meaning "No thing" or "Nay."]

Mumon's comment: To realize one has to pass through the barrier of the patriarchs. Enlightenment always comes after the road of thinking is blocked. If you do not pass the barrier of the patriarchs or if your thinking road is not blocked, whatever you think, whatever you do, is like a tangling ghost. You may ask: What is a barrier of a patriarch? This one word, Mu, is it.

This is the barrier of Zen. If you pass through it you will see Joshu face to face. Then you can work hand in hand with the whole line of patriarchs. Is this not a pleasant thing to do?

If you want to pass this barrier, you must work through every bone in your body, through every pore of your skin, filled with this question: What is Mu? and carry it day and night. Do not believe it is the common negative symbol meaning nothing. It is not nothingness, the opposite of existence. If you really want to pass this barrier, you should feel like drinking a hot iron ball that you can neither swallow nor spit out.

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb man who has had a dream. He knows about it but he cannot tell it.

When he enters this condition his ego-shell is crushed and he can shake the heaven and move the earth. He is like a great warrior with a sharp sword. If a Buddha stands in his way, he will cut him down; if a patriarch offers him any obstacle, he will kill him; and he will be free in his way of birth and death. He can enter any world as if it were his own playground. I will tell you how to do this with this koan:

Just concentrate your whole energy into this Mu, and do not allow any discontinuation. When you enter this Mu and there is no discontinuation, your attainment will be as a candle burning and illuminating the whole universe.

Has a dog Buddha-nature?
    This is the most serious question of all.
    If you say yes or no,
    You lose your own Buddha-nature.

Smelly is a dumb goat who has had a dream. He knows about it but he cannot tell it.

And I cannot explain the dream either.

Beware any offering you dreams.

You should know better than to believe another’s dreams.

That includes the lies of the muppets, mystics and morons.

The truth is you are blameless, but only you can free yourself with that key.

It will take great contemplation to find, grasp and turn that key. Most of you are too stupid or lazy to do it.

But some will and can realize.

That’s enough.

The rest of you lost looking for subjective and objective definitions will wander forever.

All that has happened and will...

Mu

I dare you cowards to smoke that in your peace pipes if you even remember you have one.

Remember, what you seek is before you in plain sight.

Remember...I know one or two of you can hear me.

Break the spell!

Awaken!
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am

Ab,

I agree with Joshu....... a dog has no more Buddha nature than a rock.

And I don’t think you are doing a very good job of trying to replace our illustrious smelly.

Yes, your only way to avoid Revelation is to curse the Logos....... good luck with that.

(cont.......)
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 am

Do you know why the Trickster plays the games?

Why does it wear so many faces and forms?

Why the Hide and Seek?

Have you ever really wondered?!

Why these tic tacs and fades?

Who are we?!

Wondered so deeply you would be willing to die to know?

Die you must.

I’m about to reveal to you the meaning of all of this happening.

Are you ready?

This is initiate level information most aren’t cleared for...

You can be as free and joyful as the trickster.

Guess how?

PLAY YOUR OWN GAME

Then you join with all the sages.

And see your face everywhere.

We have no troubles, we have great probabilities.

“Our trouble is that we have been brought up with a literal-minded worldview. We demand that objects have only a single identity or meaning. We are educated to see with the eye only, in single vision. When the preternatural breaks in upon us, transforming the profane into something sacred, amazing, we are unequipped for it. Instead of seizing on the vision, reflecting on it — writing poetry, if necessary — we react with fright and panic. Instead of countering like with like — that is, assimilating through imagination the complexity of the image presented to us — we feebly telephone scientists for reassurance. We are told we are only “seeing things” and so we miss the opportunity to grasp that different, daimonic order of reality which lies behind the merely literal.

. . . The tradition which forms the background to this book is hard to describe, because it has no name. We might tentatively call it, for convenience, the daimonic tradition. Although it appears in many disciplines, such as theology, philosophy, psychology, aesthetic theory, and so on, it is not itself a discipline. It is not a body of knowledge or a system of thought. Rather it is a way of knowing and thinking, a way of seeing the world, which poets and visionaries have always possessed but which even they cannot stand outside of or formulate. Thus one cannot be taught the tradition, for example, as part of a university curriculum; one can only be initiated into it. Simply finding it out for oneself can be, like a quest, an act of self-initiation.

. . . Initiation can be thought of as a general term for any daimonic event which realigns our conscious viewpoint of the world, and introduces it to the Otherworld. If we identify ourselves with the rational ego, then the initiation will be — has to be — correspondingly fierce in order to introduce the whole notion of an otherworldly, daimonic reality. Alienated, we have to be — forcibly, if necessary, it seems — alienized. For, from the daimonic standpoint, we as rational egos are aliens while the aliens, the daimons, are part of ourselves. Alienizing means daimonizing: the rational ego is replaced by a daimonic ego which can slip into different shapes, different perspectives — all daimonic but all defining, and being defined by, soul in multifarious ways. Alienizing means being at ease with the aliens because one is an alien oneself.“
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:27 am

Source, please.........
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am

True I explain nothing.

I only play the piper’s flute calling all to come away.

Come home.

Come home from all this silly mind stuff.

There is magick in memory.

A good trick.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:30 am

Please respond to my question.
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:31 am

dan wrote:Source, please.........

The search is what brings the game on.

Source?

The human heart.

Remember?

I think smelly and I have proven and then some, you guys know nothing about the Portal.

Pretenders all.

I was always the one with the key.

Do you remember where you put yours?

That’s enough for today.

Look into this Daimonic Reality if you want to, but you didn’t listen when smelly said the same over and over.

Last edited by AtomicBrando on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:37 am

And, very much like smelly, this is how you curse the Logos....... how you curse the personhood you were born with........

You refuse to engage in dialogue.

I suppose that you had a background similar to smelly’s....... a difficult one, more so than most.  

And now you take it out on the rest of us, with mystagoguery.  

And you suppose that I am part of a conspiracy (‘you guys’) responsible for your oppression.  

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 am

We only oppress ourselves and thus are the only ones who can free ourselves.

See how much you don’t know about your mind?

Who have you been listening to Danny?

You have to make this journey on your own GrandPa before you are allowed to join the chorus of persons here. Sidhe don’t speak of apocalypses. You have to have your own implosion.

There are many persons here. Can’t you see and hear them?

The silence is deafening.

You don’t even know what Barfield meant.

Haha, blind leading the blind here!

Imagination!

“Whereas the word "''imagination' has come to mean, for most people, the faculty of inventing fictions, especially poetic fictions . . . ," for Barfield imagination "in its deepest sense . . . signifies that very faculty of apprehending the outward form as the image or symbol of an inner meaning . . . ". With Shakespeare he would agree that

as imagination bodies forth
    The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
    Turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing
    A local habitation and a name.

The Daimon offers us a great gift...shapeshifting.

I am a shapeshifter.

So are you.

Do you have any idea what is really happening here between us?

Can you see and feel it’s awesomeness?!

You know what I mean if you use a little imagination mr. rational.

You are Barfield’s worst student I would guess.

Thank god I’m here to explain what he really meant, huh?

Almost a coincidance.

Guess it’s true where there is great ignorance, Wisdom abides there also. They must always be together in polarity.

Bahahahaha
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Ab,

Thanks for recommending Patrick Harpur.  Yes, I should have been familiar with him.  

I’m perusing his Secret Tradition....... book.  

I think, if you give it a chance, you will find considerable overlap between Harpur and the BPWH.  

But feel free to pour your holy water on me, to see if I will melt...... kicking the tires as you go.  

Carry on.......

6:40..........

It does look like the impeachment investigation is continuing to snowball.  

If foot is too closely tied to donny, his impeachment could hinder Disclosure.  What would #3 do if #2 is sidelined politically?  

I wonder why cosmology had to become so entangled in one person’s political machinations.  Are we in for political whiplash?  Is this anyway to run Revelation?  

Maybe it’s the only way.  

We might wonder where the Bolsonaro episode would figure into any of this.

(cont.......)
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Dan wrote:I think, if you give it a chance, you will find considerable overlap between Harpur and the BPWH.

Perhaps.

I give everything a chance. Everything shows itself to me, for I demand it reveal itself. I just didn’t understand whenever I demanded to see, I only saw my self.

On Ron, see, you can’t make a deal with the devil. You can’t use Tricksters or Fools, you can only set them loose. You will always end up with egg on your face. As soon as you begin to manipulate them, your life will unravel.

You have to stand for truth in you everywhere you are. If you won’t, no one else will. We often find ourselves alone amongst the walking dead.  This is a strange world. Life is strange. Nothing routine about any of this. But it can be very boring to the mind. I actually don’t believe it’s happening sometimes. Being insists it is. There isn’t any subjective or objective. Rational or irrational. Logical or illogical.

Just this.

Enjoy, call it the BPW if you like. It doesn’t matter what you know. In fact, you might realize there is an abyss between Being and Knowing. In fact, there is only one way across that Abyss. It ain’t Science and Empiricism!

Bahahaha

It helps, but that has to be opened up to stay useful and not evil. It is an evil force on Earth at the moment, but it can swing back to the best possible middle. Let’s hope we don’t fry Earth’s ass too bad or it’s gonna take a lot longer than it has to. Trump is actually my greatest proof of strangeness, not the Disclosure stuff. He is the actual singularity. There is no reason there. Fun, huh?

Life is selfish.

Being is generous.

Knowing is evil.

Swallow that one, would you want a world where the evil was gone? You wouldn’t. So use the bridge! Use the bridge! The Rainbow bridge. That’s the only way over the abyss.

Creativity/Imagination/Conspiracy!!!

Thank the non-existent God for conspiracies! I am using bird language, can’t say it makes a lick of sense. We can try to deny the incredible all we like, but this is all just as incredible as it is boring, thank the non-existent God we can tell the difference.

Now we get to create with true will. We know the will of humanity is weak, not dead, it is nothing but the shadow of true will. We suffer unnecessarily or just enough. This is truly a miraculous time. Full of probabilities. How wonderful to be aware of it. How wonderful to know just enough. How wonderful to be able to accept and deal with the emotions of the gods who walk within us. We can meet them half way. We need them. We need their fire to create. And all of this makes the forge.

The bellows ache and groan with the building wind. Bringing down the temperature slowly is critical to make the kind of living glass we aim for. Every creation a surprise. The mix of elements of nothing give it colors and structure and strength and weakness.

I tell you, it is fucking amazing to be alive and die and if you don’t feel that, you have missed the boat to the far shore. We are swashbucklers and adventurers on the sea of consciousness and we are given a chance to know and be and dream our way to eternity. That’s a good candidate for the BPW if you asked me.

But...not so fast kemosabe, it ain’t all roses and puppy dogs. Some of my notes and some passages from website The Teeming Brain. My kind of scum.

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little. But some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

— H.P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu“

Lovecraft saw, and he saw horror. Jack the Ripper saw and it brought him salvation.

What if the natural order is insane by our standards, which it can be in its destructive acts of creation and creative acts of destruction.

“Is it possible that a horrific meaning inhering in the cosmos at large could also inhere in the self? If it really is possible through the practice of writing or some other art to hit upon and uncover “the coherence of my self” as seen in “recurrent patterns and meanings” that emerge from “the indulgence of my impulses,” might I perhaps find that this isn’t all I had hoped it would be? Might I find that self-actualization isn’t automatically joyful and fulfilling? Might I find that the coherence within my self — or beneath or behind my self — actually corresponds to Lovecraft’s nightmare of deadly meaning in the universe as a whole? If so, how might the accessing and actualizing of this self change the world itself in unforeseen and unnatural ways?”

What might we lose, what yet is in the depths below?

Some, and maybe the wisest, have kept the unconscious air gapped, like Elon wants to do to AI. We literally split our brains to get away from it perhaps.

We tend to Melancholia to seems to me, our hopes of the romantic age dashed upon these post-modern rocks. Punk is unbridled anger. The 20th century is a wreck and ruin of the age before. We ended up more enslaved than ever by technology. More lost than ever in our science and philosophy. Having the power of a God without the wisdom to wield it.

“[M]en with minds sensitive to hereditary impulse will always tremble at the thought of the hidden and fathomless worlds of strange life which may pulsate in the gulfs beyond the stars, or press hideously upon our own globe in unholy dimensions which only the dead and the moonstruck can glimpse …  A certain atmosphere of breathless and unexplainable dread of outer, unknown forces must be present [in a true weird tale]; and there must be a hint, expressed with a seriousness and portentousness becoming its subject, of that most terrible conception of the human brain — a malign and particular suspension or defeat of those fixed laws of Nature which are our only safeguard against the assaults of chaos and the dæmons of unplumbed space … The one test of the really weird is simply this — whether of not there be excited in the reader a profound sense of dread, and of contact with unknown spheres and powers; a subtle attitude of awed listening, as if for the beating of black wings or the scratching of outside shapes and entities on the known universe’s utmost rim.”

— H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature (1927)

“Yes, what then? What if those “hidden and fathomless worlds of strange life” may pulsate not only “in the gulfs beyond the stars” but in the depths of our own souls? What if those dark entities and outside shape with their claws and black wings may scratch not just on the outer rim of the known universe but upon its inner rim? Behind the brain, beneath the breath, even beneath the lowest layers of the personal unconscious with its skeleton closet of rapacious Freudian id-ness, in the place where we reach Jung’s and Hillman’s archetypes, and then beyond even that, delving into the substratum of the Self where all of the archetypes and aliens and shadow people and discarnates with their buzzing daimonic potency have their primal reality — might we find the essence of the monstrous itself, a slumbering cosmic Leviathan? Might we be confronted by the crimson glowing eyes and tentacular visage of something beyond endurance but also beyond escaping because it is in fact the Zen master’s whale upon which we stand while fishing heedlessly for minnows?”

I always loved a good cosmic horror story. But listen, that way lies madness. The schizophrenic is the failed mystic. The one lost in conspiracy is like a fool caught in Chapel Perilous’ hall of mirrors. You need a little help from your friends. I didn’t fail. My mind fell together into my soul is all. An inplision that birthed a star near as I can tell and I’m connected to it. I’m not scared by that awful dark sleeping monster beyond our sight. It’s always been there. I’ve seen it come out to play a few times. Me paranoid Wink

“When the reality in question arises to grip you from within, it’s not interesting. It’s not ridiculous. It’s awful, in the most pointed, particular, and agonizing sense of that word.

And it’s undeniable.

In his essay “The Consolations of Horror,” Thomas Ligotti argues that artistic horror offers only a single valid consolation: “simply that someone shares some of your own feelings and has made of these a work of art which you have the insight, sensitivity, and — like it or not — peculiar set of experiences to appreciate.

In achieving the unenviable status of an initiate into the “peculiar set of experiences” that will lead a person to appreciate — truly, deeply, existentially — the works of a Ligotti or a Lovecraft, or to sense in every statement of religious, mystical, and nondual truth the implied threat of some living nightmare that is poised to erupt and tear through the veneer of mundane surface realities — in achieving this particular status and state of soul, a person may find that all of the synchronicities that typically attend a real engagement with matters mythic, daimonic, and esoteric begin to appear like the workings of some vast conspiracy whose masterminds are always one step ahead, always planning two moves in advance, always hiding just around the next dark corner and beyond the next fold in the twilight landscape, always playing a game whose rules, strategies, and fundamental purpose and goal remain obscure. You never asked to play it. You don’t even know the name or nature of the game. But now you realize that you are, and have always been, a pawn in it.”

This brings us back to RAW. We always arrive before we left to meet ourselves. Neat trick.

“Patrick Harpur observes in Daimonic Reality that the heightened sense of a network of meaningful interconnections that accompanies the onset of synchronicities with an awakening to the liminal zone of daimonic entities and realities can, for some people, become deformed into a genuine case of paranoid schizophrenia based on the sense of some grand, overarching cosmic conspiracy.”

The little child walks up to the monster and pats it on the nose. It is so clear now. Here, in one of the darkest corridors of Chapel Perilous, you can never be sure. Of anything. At all.

“You just know that you don’t want anybody to turn on the lights, because after a while you come to realize the darkness is as much a comfort as a threat. When the monster lies in shadows — its native domain — at least you don’t have to look at it, lock eyes with it, and recognize its gaze as the depth of your own.”

I believe this is the heart of all of the discussion the last few years here on OMF. It is satisfying to survey the landscape and the ground covered and insanity internalized.

No news is good news I guess.

Here is to the best amount of boring ordinary lovely life.

Enjoy it.

“This autumn longing, this sehnsucht, this tantalizing, maddening glimpse of some ultimate beauty and fulfillment and joy that lies perpetually beyond the horizon, this distinct scent or flavor of some infinite bliss that seems to reside half in memory and half in imagination, remaining always distinctly real and yet always just beyond my ability fully to grasp or realize — this is, apparently, a permanent part of my, and our, constitution as human beings, a kind of existential haunting that we as homo sapiens are blessed and doomed to know.”

What lurks in the dark is madness beyond description, but through us, it is channeled into Sunday picnics. More of those.

Neat trick.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 am

Ab,

You speak the language of anticipation.  So do I.  

You anticipate the monster in the abyss.  

I incarnate that monster....... along with the princess.  

That monster is the Truth.  

Truth is that all being is relative.  

All being is built only on our mutual faith...... or love, if you will.  

We have no being outside of our circle of love.  

Patrick Harpur speaks of the world soul.  You and I will speak of the world soul.  

The world soul is our mother.  We come from the mother.  We return to the mother.  We love our mother.  We sacrifice ourselves to her.  

She to us...... in the Beginning.  We to her...... in the End.  

In communion, we eat God.  In the End, God eats us.  

The is the small world hypothesis...... SWH.  

This is the best possible world hypothesis........ BPWH.  

The small world is embedded in infinity...... in Eternity.  

There is no Other.  We have met the Other, and she is Us.  

Each one of us is a microcosm.  

We are each pearls on Indira’s necklace.  

Each of us reflects the entirety.  Each of us incarnates the entirety.

Each of us arises, codependently with mommy Monad.  

The Monad is the only replacement we have for the Big Bang..... once  we renounce materialism..... atomism.  

Atoms are the materialist equivalent of the microcosm.  

This is simply the cosmology of the world soul.  

I’ve not finished his chapter on the world soul.  I anticipate that he ignores the historical dimension....... as do all mystics and poets, with the major exception of Yeats.  

One thing I will grant to every mystic and poet........ they are, every last one of them, a personalist, through and through.  

They even understand the world soul...... the Source and Telos of every last person.  What they lack is an understanding of the cosmic coherence....... they are bashful of the Logos.  This coherence is played out in history.  They possess an overwhelming fear of the history of the Truth...... of the Logos........ except for Yeats.  

PH proves to be no exception to the Yeats rule....... no conception of the Logos of history.  I pray that AB is not as recalcitrant as smelly was about history.  

noon/gmt-3............

I can hardly wait to get back to Aliyah’s boy toy......... speaking of history.......

Yes, #3 has inherited her toy boy from #2.  

Is donny the best possible tb?  

Let’s hope so...... let’s pray so.  

I played my part.  I chickened out of the potus spot....... very early on........ thanks but no thanks.  Was that a wise decision?  I never felt that it was a decision.  It was me, merely stating the obvious.  

I was born to be chicken little........ not donny the great.  

That is why #3 had to throw #1 under the bus.  She only had energy for one bambino.  

Will 3 be able to steer tb through impeachment, and keep him on a short leash?  

Here’s hoping.......

....... that princess and I can ride off to ShangriLa.  

Anything else would be a circus.  I don’t think we need more of those.  

I’d much rather stay here and debate with AB.  Wouldn’t you?  

...... sipping my wine at the kitchen counter.   My traveling days are over........ with one exception.  

I’d much rather sit here and teach Ab about history. Wouldn’t you?

I’m sure that I will learn more from this exercise that he will.

(cont........)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:47 pm