Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:14 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:32 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:02 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:43 am by Big Bunny Love

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:42 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+24
RandomSample
GSB/SSR
Apophis Pletho
skaizlimit
Elron Hubcap
ohno
@awestruckt
RyanM
Dodo bird
presidentialufo
isaackoi
murnut
Software Developer
Earthling
hobbit
painterdoug
dan
NordicWonder
zooky
Cyrellys
jofo
Foot Mann
Ultraterrestrial
28 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

And, wait again, how does egolessnes differ from being born again.....?  

It differs only superficially.  The form may appear very different, but not the underlying cause.

Personal realization of truth.........?

I’m arriving back in Baltimore.........
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Cyrellys Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:57 pm

99 wrote:I had a weird lucid dream the night before last. Unlike one I've ever had before. The first part was strange but the second part was disturbing because it showed an 'end of the world' scenario.

There was a very solemn small group of people that entered into some kind of a safe house. A female in that group was about to give birth and I saw a room with a bed in it that had been prepared for her. The odd thing though was that the room had a jail cell door.

But then in the next scene, I was with others who were standing on higher ground overlooking a city. Then I saw fiery lava violently rushing down a street, lined with skyscrapers, that was coming towards us and, just as it caught up with us, another scene pops in where that same catastrophic scene had a rushing tsunami from the sea coming down that street instead.

PS Thankfully I woke up just as that tsunami overtook us on that hill.

99, that is akin to the story of what happened in one of the prior world wars...while all were pre-occupied, a combination of illicit technology use and the cyclic cataclysm over took EVERYONE.  There was no winner for the argument was never settled.

A group of warriors (soldiers?) using one of the last surviving skyships rescued: academics, farmers, physicians, slaves of the wheel (engineers), smithcrafters, and others...led by a young female librarian they fled Earth with others to the four worlds of the Ancients...to safe haven.  A currently unknown period of time later, those of their number who became homesick chose to return, leaving behind others who chose to stay (today a memorial day type bonfires on samhain for those left behind).  

In returning they knew they travelled a one way trip to begin a pastoral life on a post apocalyptic world.  Settling in the East of Erenn they used the last of the tech to terraform the land and destroyed their ships...to keep the remnant tech from the Fomorians.  The Fomorians who still suffered genetic deformations due to the weapons that had been used in the Great War.

See the first and second battles of Mag Tuired.

Cy

corrected link:  anonfile.com/F1m6pdd8b2/Q_Map_12_21_2017v1.pdf

Who was the young female librarian? Her name was Danu

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:02 pm

That's fascinating and thanks for your feedback. Also, thanks for those clarifications that you posted for me in that other post a couple of pages back. I'm still looking over that material. Got that new link now and will look over that pdf file.
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Why it all matters? If the character and nature of those in trusted positions of power had never been altered by the long running machinations and meddling of illicit globalism things like THIS would never have happened.

QUOTE: Wooten goes on to outline that SAC Dan Love had what was called a “Kill Book as a trophy and in essence bragged about getting three individuals in Utah to commit suicide (see Operation Cerberus Action out of Blanding, Utah and the death of Dr. Redd).”

Straight from the Horse's Mouth: Washington State Representative Matt Shea

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:52 pm

You know, I have so many funny things I want to say about the Foot’s last post.

But no, I won’t.

A safe might fall on me or something.
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Just thought I'd add one more thing that happened in that dream. In the part when that tsunami was rushing towards us, there was a tall muscular humanoid that was laying in a box on that hill we were on. He also stood up in that box as if to notify us that he was there. Anyway, me and some others climbed into that wooden box with him thinking it would float on top of the water, like a boat, once that tsunami caught up with us. But the tsunami overtook us anyway. At least I think that's what happened but don't really know because at that point I woke up.

-----------------------that tall muscular humanoid was more like a giant ... I mean, he was BIG.
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:06 pm

99 wrote:-----------------------that tall muscular humanoid was more like a giant ... I mean, he was BIG.

Was there anything slightly strange about his hands and eyes?

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 am

Cy, no, not that I noticed.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 am

Often, particularly if we wake in strange place, after a vivid dream, we are confused about where we are...... even who we are.  It may take us a few minutes to reorient.  

I suggest that we do this reorientation on a more regular basis, and allow me to throw in a slight twist........

Who are we, where are we, and where are we going........?

Who are ‘we’......?  That question will be answered in the process of answering the next two questions.........

We are on the Open Minds Forum, which is owned by Cyrellys, and, under that banner, we are on a particular thread, which is dedicated to Cy.  

Where are we going......?  For all I know, we could be going to hell, but, being an optimist, I like to think otherwise.  

I, for one am a seeker.  What do I seek.......?  Money. Glory.  Yes.  But I am a human, I think, and I don’t live by bread alone.  I seek to reproduce, certainly according to the Darwinists.  Technically, that is not a meaningful statement, but you get the idea.  The truly Darwinian statement would be unprintable.  

According to any honest Darwinist, I don’t exist.  We have had to transcend Darwin, even just to ask an honest question.  Honest Darwinist is, of course, an oxymoron.  

Honesty is not a word that has any scientific basis or meaning, yet, we humans can often be profligate with our trust in someone else’s honesty.  Trust....... there is another very unscientific word, certainly as used in common parlance.  

These convolutions quickly become tedious, so let’s take a for instance......

I vaguely recall an incident out of a book.......  maybe Raymond Fowler’s The Andreasson Affair.   Betty was working in her kitchen and noticed a group of little beings floating toward her back door.  They came right through the closed door, into the kitchen.  The apparent leader asked for burnt meat.  Betty got some ground beef out of the fridge, placed it on a skillet over a high flame.  The kitchen filled with smoke.  No.  The being asked again...... for words that have been tested by fire.  Betty turned off the stove, and went to the living room, and brought back the family’s bible.  The leader rifled through the pages, and handed it back.  They left the way they had come.  

This is why we’re here, and why they’re here, if they are.  We all seek knowledge that has been tested by fire.

I am here, claiming to have such knowledge.  I ask you, while you are here, to test this knowledge.  I ask you to use your power of discernment, to it’s utmost.  There is nothing more important for us to do in this world, particularly at this juncture, than to seek our truth.  

Allow me to state the proximate causes for my being at OMF.......

There are three principal causes........ Sophia, the Bible and Ron.  Sophia and the Bible need no introduction.  Why is Ron here?  As near as I can determine, he is here because of Aliyah.  Why is Aliyah here.....?

Aliyah is here, in my estimation, because she tells a wonderous story.  Ah, but is it the truth?  There is the rub, and we have come full circle.  

How are we going to test Aliyah....... the way we used to test witches?  There are many who might advocate the use of fire.  If this is so important, what is the sacrifice of a few individuals?  If it’s so important why don’t we three just immolate ourselves?  It’s been done before, to prove a point.  

Well, there may have been sacrifices in Las Vegas, but that occurred for a different reason, if there was any reason at all.  Here’s hoping that we are nearly beyond bloodshed.  

We used to ‘try’ the spirits, but now we’re going to have to try our own spirits.  No, the truth is not out there.  It’s in here.  If we can’t trust ourselves, who can we trust?  

According to the scientists, we cannot trust ourselves to do anything besides conniving to pass on our genes.  That may be true, but, if it is, then that truth may not be worth living for.  

I would like a truth that not only is worth living for, but is also worth dying for.  There may be none such, but I’ll gladly die trying.  

If Aliyah’s story is true, it would prove everything, but I have barely even cross examined her.  I’m much too polite, aren’t I?  And here she is, virtually married into the biggest den of thieves on the planet.  

Yes, I’m a sucker for good stories.  Does the truth of it not matter?  Not really, sports fans, not if this is the best possible world.  If Aliyah is lying, it’s only to protect a greater/better truth.  I know, it’s not easy to wrap your mind around the BPW, but you might want to practice.  

How do I know that this is the best possible world.....?  

There are only two things you need to know....... the anthropic/design principle and the mind/body problem.  Why do the smartest people in the world continue to ignore them?  Well, in the best possible world, they are waiting patiently for the Spirit of Truth.  What is this, a fairy story?  Yes, it kind of is..... and, guess what, I have a princess to prove it.  

It’s very simple....... the truth is nothing if it’s not whole and personal.  It has to be a package deal, and I’m volunteering to be the package.  My offer has been tentatively accepted..... by the Princess.  

What about the rest of you.....?  I think you’re going to have to kick the tires on this sucker.  That’s why I’m here.  If that’s not why you’re here, maybe you’re in the wrong place.  

If you are not open minded, you’re in the wrong place.

If you cannot even allow yourself to imagine a small world, you’re reading the wrong thread.  

I don’t expect to prove anything.  I only hope to open your minds to a possible truth.  But I also know that once you’ve seen Paris, you’re not going back to the farm.  Well, excuse me, Eric..... you’re not going back to normality.  

....... otl ..........

Last edited by dan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:22 am; edited 18 times in total
    hobbit
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by hobbit Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 am

Dreaming.
    Who are We.
    Where are We.

All above are linked.
    After very strange interactions with My 5D self at a megalithic location, and been informed of what the above questions are by my 5D self .
    Dreaming is how We transfer information between our small information field occupying the 3D vehicles We are in in the here and now moment relative to the switching rate of this planets field, and with our eternal 5D selves .
    We crave the density of 3D vehicles, and the never ending novelty of this strange planet.

So the who are We is complicated in that We are multi dimensional entities occupying vehicles .

The where are We is also complicated as We are Omni present.

When I was interacting with My 5D self I was told to keep repeating what I was telling myself, otherwise as with dreams it will not be in our limited information fields in the here and now.

This is where it is a sort of advantage to not have too much indoctrinated information filling up our limited storage capacity here, and that information field (EGO) will fight to be correct, as it knows no-thing else.
    So been a non educated hobbit has it's perks, as such.

hobbit

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 am

It’s all gonna work out just fine Wink

Self says don’t sweat this, you got this.

Just cruising.
    painterdoug
    painterdoug

Post by painterdoug Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 am

HOBBIT/ This is where it is a sort of advantage to not have too much indoctrinated information filling up our limited storage capacity here, and that information field (EGO) will fight to be correct, as it knows no-thing else.
    So being a non educated hobbit has it's perks, as such.///

Hello Hobbit/ a very educated" PHD "woman I know who worked with Dr Edgar Mitchel for 20 years told me, " you have no idea how blessed you are to have been spared and education."

perhaps we have this in common?

doug
    painterdoug
    painterdoug

Post by painterdoug Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am

THIS VISION, was a waking dream , given me about 10 years ago.  It happened in playa del Carmen Mexico while lying on my bed late afternoon with a friend Charis.

With eyes closed ,it came on and intensified over a 15- 20 minute time period.  It was all connected, glowing, growing, undulating, breathing  and unlimited , and was there seemingly only behind my eyelids.  

it was a beautiful one of a kind experience for me.  When I came home days later, I attempted to paint it best I could however nothing can do it justice.

sorry the bright object was centered / the pic is cropped incorrectly.

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 25 The_vi10

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 am

Interesting doug.

You didn’t have a stroke did you?
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am

i love your painting Doug. On a personal level, it's very spiritual and it speaks to our souls.
    painterdoug
    painterdoug

Post by painterdoug Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am

smelly goat/ lol! well perhaps, but it was a stroke of enlightenment

99/ thanks much. it was quite and experience i can still see in my memory

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:30 am

Oh, nice that enlightenment came with it.

How nice of the Universe to show you the Light within.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

I like Dan’s long posts.

“knowledge that has been tested by fire.”

Hey, that’s good Dan.

Yes Dan, I’m very skeptical of Truth here.

“There is nothing more important for us to do in this world, particularly at this juncture, than to seek our truth.”

Yep, that’s right, kinda. We are not entitled to our own Truths, there is only One.

“I am here, claiming to have such knowledge.”

Evidence?

You won’t get anything by me Dan.

“...just immolate ourselves”

Yes Dan, burn yourself up in front of the world like I have and dance in the ashes then tell us what it was like.

If anything is left.

“We used to ‘try’ the spirits, but now we’re going to have to try our own spirits.  No, the truth is not out there.  It’s in here.  If we can’t trust ourselves, who can we trust? “

Good question, let’s see if Dan gets the right answer...oh in here!

What do you feel inside Dan?

We know the Atomists/Materialista are wrong, anyone can prove that themselves, but only for themselves. We can’t die for any external force, that’s a betrayal of what we are. It’s gotta be personal. Learning to be a friend and having a family is learning how to die for each other. Do you have people you would die for?

I’d die for Truth. To bring Truth into the world and keep it alive, I’d gladly give my life and I have.

I have given myself to Truth.

With no Truth in the world lived, we are lost.

“If Aliyah’s story is true, it would prove everything, but I have barely even cross examined her.”

If the Princess is a real one, she would die for this too. And she would tell you, you are the Truth. She would claim no provenance.

All must find the Truth on their own. She might help that happen if she is real.

If anyone claims any provenance, they are confused or lying, probably both.

Dan, I have to be careful here. I want this to be true. That’s not a good thing, so I had to keep my distance.

This is a maximumly rational world. I think that means I agree with the BPW. I know this is the best possible world without a fear or doubt.

And of course it’s a small world. I don’t care if it’s round, flat, concave or hollow, it’s all connected.

Light is not ‘emitted’. There are no photons. It’s a combination of fields and fields can’t be described by science yet.

Science really hardly knows anything occluded like this.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but they are ALL wrong, as is the mode of life lived based on belief, but it is a step.

So do I graduate Dan Wink

Truth is my new normal. I see the Farm part of that, but I take it as it comes.

Dan, the name is Smelly...Smelly Goat.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 am

“18. No thing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.

19. First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.

20. If you seek Truth, you will not seek to gain a victory by every possible means; and when you have found Truth, you need not fear being defeated.

21. Men are disturbed, not by things, but by the principles and notions which they form concerning things.”

— Epictetus
    ohno

Post by ohno Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am

Hi painterdoug

painterdoug wrote:
    THIS VISION, was a waking dream , given me about 10 years ago.  It happened in playa del Carmen Mexico while lying on my bed late afternoon with a friend Charis.

sorry the bright object was centered / the pic is cropped incorrectly.

Maybe not vision but a special inner state you have experienced. Your picture reminds me very much of a lucid/half-lucid dream i had after Christmas 2012. There was this light with colors very similar like in your picture. It was no dream scenery and there was simply this light which seemed to be some sort of light vortex (or maybe energy vortex). The inner core was circling, afair, counter clockwise.

What i've felt in this dream while near this light circle was the most amazing/wonderful/unbelievable good "feeling" one can have. Theses words  with their limited force of expression can not come close to what i've felt. It's not possible to describe it in our language. And by describing it i can not really remember it. It's not accessible in a wake up state. Also "feeling" may not be the right word. Theres nothing remotely in the wake up state that comes close to this. overflooding and overwhelming. I did want to go into the light because of the unbelievable feeling. I tried to force my head or better say my mind/ghost/consciousness with sheer will into this light, hoped  it would suck me in. Of course it did not work. My mind/ghost/consciousness/whatever was somehow not able to get in. There was some sort of resistance of the light against my intrusion tries. Then i woke up. Physical life can be very frustrating...

I think about it that way that i have catched a glimpse in a dream what other might experiencing through meditations. Maybe that was some sort of samadhi-like experience in a dream. During that time i had other wild dreams. It was all triggered by practicing some sort of mindfullness awareness and being present as the "observer" in me.
    jofo

Post by jofo Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm

its folly to claim to know the truth

the truth is what people think

it is ultimately personal

it cannot be spoken, written down, or codified in anyway; it is derived from experience

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:19 pm

There is only One Truth jofo and you are it.

Have I not always only said the Truth was in you beyond conceptions and words and found in experience.

Each can seek it, but there is only One Truth in the end.

It’s not in any words or belifs as you say.

It all boils down to 0 and 1.

You are enough. Each of us enough unto ourselves, but we must check ourselves against others and always balance rationality, as we do here on OMF.

We can rest.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Atoms Dancing

They are as confused as we are Wink

jofo, you know what I love about the Stoics, they held there was only One Truth and they cast all belifs aside. They laid out their metaphysics, but they teach us how to think so that Truth is self evident.

Truth isn’t true if we can’t perceive it within ourselves.

Dan is so right on, we can embrace self-transcendence.

What constitutes self-transcendence?

Life is struggle. Life is struggle cloaked as a game.

The following was provided to me...

Throughout that game, we encounter different players that try to tear our inner world apart while we battle to establish balance. For balance seems to be, according to our senses, the state we seek, the state we demand, the state we desire.

Peace in another word.

Balance will always be the end goal for humankind.

It is a long and perilous journey that oscillates between chaos and boredom, but it seems that we are on the right track to reach that state.

From my position of openness, or as a materialist/atomist or on a spiritual path, you can find self-transcendence.

So who is right, no one, no one needs be right, with clarity and clear thinking, The Truth is self evident as it must be.

This desire of self transcendence is the driving force of Humanity it seems, material or spiritual.

This desire is behind the surge of gurus today and Eckart Tolle.

This is the journey of the ego to transcend the body I’m describing. The need for every human that walks this planet to escape the fragility of this existence and become a higher consciousness being, will never fall out of fashion because it is inextricably bound to the core of our paradigm.

To improve ourselves and environment to meet our needs.

Philosophers, thinkers, spiritual leaders and every agent that strives to add another brick in the wall of self-transcendence is at the epicenter of this truism.

That’s why we follow them, that’s why we admire them, that’s why we listen to them. This is no joke. This is one of the biggest truths that you will ever encounter and one you should examine with enormous care.

What constitutes moronic and weak views?

The ultimate virtue of a person is their ability to speak the truth. The truth mainly about themselves, but also in a broader sense, the moral truth, and the scientific truth.

Morality and science are two terms that have been flirting dangerously with each other since the beginning of the scientific revolution (circa late 1500s), but never really succeeded in merging or evolving together.

There are instances of hope throughout history which indicate that we will eventually find a way to create a universal moral framework free from religion, that draws depth from scientific facts, but this framework is still in the making and it will probably take monumental events in order to be formulated.

We are all humans and our capacity to understand right from wrong, and moral from immoral, is expressed by our ability to seek cooperation and justice from a very young age, mainly through play.

This “gift,” so to speak, allows us to build variations of play as we grow older and the rules embedded in the various “games” we create help us create a version of reality that is more manageable and more relevant to our needs.

The rules are fluid, but there are rules to learn.

Since the ancient times, people have been facing the ramifications of that situation and have been trying to come up with solutions to this daunting conundrum. Usually, a head on approach would result in friction and would create even more tension to the already capricious nature of our relationships. So, the wisest among us realized our limitations and proposed philosophies that would allow the thinking human to discover an intellectual solace.

One of these philosophies is stoicism.

It is a philosophy so potent that it has withstood the test of time and it has, of late, become one of the most pertinent antidotes to the lack of control we experience while we attempt to enhance most aspects of our lives.

“Sometimes even to live is an act of courage” — Seneca

True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.”

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

“All cruelty springs from weakness.”

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.”

“Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.”

“As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.”

“Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms — you’ll be able to use them better when you’re older.”

“We suffer more often in imagination than in reality”

— Seneca

Ah, I’ve explained and said too much, but we must explain it to the extent we can, and then let fate take the rest. But man, listen to Epictetus.

I have to say, I have found Stoicism more powerful and profound than most ideas on Earth.

You have better, show us, please.

“Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.”

“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power or our will.”

“Philosophy does not promise to secure anything external for man, otherwise it would be admitting something that lies beyond its proper subject-matter. For as the material of the carpenter is wood, and that of statuary bronze, so the subject-matter of the art of living is each person’s own life.”

— Epictetus

I perceive the truth in all the lies of Humanity.

Marcus was a pragmatic optimist, like Dan.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”

“The soul becomes dyed with the colour of its thoughts.”

“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”

Here is my formula for life now, Stoicism and virtues to guide the mind and Zen/Existentialism speaks to the spirit and unknowable.

Http://www.quantumunderground.com

This is the site where I documented my awakening.

Interesting to take a tour around the occult world.

Http://www.thetrippingfool.com and http://www.thesmellygoat.org is where I’ll document the next chapter of my life on Stoicism and Existentialism.

Will the world still be around?

I’m joining my voice with a rising song on Earth.

Do you hear it?

Peace.

Do better than me.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Smelly.......

You are pushing your luck, here on the newly streamlined, pared down Cy thread.  Logic is something new to you, evidently.  

You attempt to hide your logical gaffes behind a barrage of words.  

Stoicism is only about attempting to stay above the fray, as a statesman might attempt to stay above politics.  That is a very truncated form of transcendence.  It is about staying calm and carrying on.  It is about non-commitment to life...... to abjure all hope.  

You are attempting to compare stoicism with what I am offering is a non-starter.  

I am going to limit to 300 words/day to extol stoicism on this thread. You may have unlimited opportunity, instead, to point out the flaws in the BPWH, and every day post a the link and a two/three paragraph exposition of your stoicism thread.

Fair enough.......?

(cont......)

Last edited by dan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm

I don’t agree Dan.

Wordy calling the kettle black. Cute.

Stoicism is about living a fully engaged flourishing life inspite of circumstances. You are just wrong about it being hopeless and treading water.

WRONG!!!

I’m really surprised at you Dan.

Stoicism/Zen cover both sides of the coin. Your characterizations are not based on experience and thus your intellectual opinion is meaningless until you try it.

Knowledge -> Awareness -> Control -> Power

If you can’t see what is self-evident, maybe others can who don’t have such an investment in their own views.

Let’s work it out.

I’ll take it to the other thread.

Dan, I’m not wordy, I’m Smelly.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Fair and keep your ad hominem attacks to yourself please. It doesn’t help reach any conclusions or work through questions.

I am preparing and writing up my comparison of my experiences that I will present on my TheSmellyGoat.org blog explaining how I see the BPWH, which was influenced by Stoicism.

I’ll interview you there about all of this if you are up for it and we will deconstruct Stoicism, Zen and the BPW once and for all. I have raised several valid challenges to the BPW from Zen, but you have not answered them all caught up in your UFO nonesense and my wordiness.

The Truth is not out there, it’s in here and self-evident.

This will keep me engaged here, good move Dan, not that it will help anyone at all.

Maybe I can get some closure then with you and move on already and get out of your hair.

Though, if you saw the Truth, you would do anything to help people like me say what they feel to say and live. I guess you are doing that. Thanks for humoring me, what else really you have to do until you die, you can’t have that long left and I may as well try to get your BPW straight before then Wink

Back to the show then....

— Smelly

Last edited by garzparz on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:06 am