Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:41 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:22 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:03 am by dan

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+9
kevin
Scrot
Peregrine
Sparky
ParanoidFactoid
Foot Mann
skaizlimit
GSB/SSR
Cyrellys
13 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I'm slowly backing away. You guys have fun. Until next time, don't let the aliens or black op fascists get you.

---

Simply, there is no seeker. 
    There is nothing to attain. 
    No such thing as enlightenment. 
    Let's stop all this silliness.

We are lost in a hypnotic dream of separation. 

Searching for something only illustrates ignorance of reality.

Refining the mind seems like a good use of time. 

We are just dreamseekers following dreamteaching. 

There is no understanding oneness, there is just being in it.

This is all already known.

We just are remembering.

That includes all of your drama too Dan. 

We will have no impact unless love is involved. 

I know, I'm no help and a big distraction.

That is half right, we are all so very distracted.

Love is all that is moving.

As you were.

Last edited by garzparz on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:10 am

What a weird synchronicity Dan.

PF, comes from deep center field...

Seems PF has a part in this little game too maybe.

Hahahaha, that was perfect timing!!!!!!

PF, you should pay attention to our last few posts. 

But you are in for a surprise if you keep going.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:13 am

I will have a little more on NM. 

You didn't answer my question about mind flow Dan.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:16 am

PF,

I'm not quite sure what you're burden is, but let's see if Eric and I can help you put it down, so that you can join our party, at the Endtimes corral.

Eric,

And what was your question about mind flow?

Mind flows....... No?

Last edited by dan on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:17 am

I'll try to follow it all. But I'm still pretty f/ckd up. And now my wife has it. So I'm running at half capacity. My wife is hosed. And the kid is on the mend.

To show how slow on the uptake I've been in following acronyms and titles, I've just realized 'princess' refers to RP's wife. And I'd thought it meant Hillary. How about explaining MoAPS? Still confused on that one.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:21 am

MoAPS = mother of all paradigm shifts.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:24 am

dan wrote:PF,

I'm not quite sure what you're burden is, but let's see if Eric and I can help you put it down, so that you can join our party, at the Endtimes corral.  

It's just a huge message and you were annoyed I hadn't responded to all your points previously and called me on it. So I didn't know what I could and could not trim. Which left me with a massive job in following up.

I don't know about a party at the Endtimes Corral. Could we just go to the salon and drink instead?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:25 am

Haha, Dan I'll let you take this.

Part of your game Dan is to school the clueless.

I think he has a clue, he's ended up here.

PF, enjoy unscrambling the mneumonics.

This all so funny Dan. 

It cracks me up your karma is to fix all Jack's misfit toys. 

You must have been a real ahole in a previous life Dan.

Have fun. I am off to enjoy the day.

PF feel better. 

I don't know how much time or patience Dan has right now. I wore him down. I'm laughing hard Dan, right now, at you. Haha.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:31 am

Yes, PF, what we're doing..... we're drinking at the OK saloon.... I would say come in, take the load off, but, guess what, you're already here.

Yes, I am here to fix Jack's broken toys.

Eric,

Wore me down......?

Can't you see..... you were just beginning to wake me up.

But that would be kind of scary, I think.....

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:46 am

I knew I came here to wake u up. 

I was told to comfort you Wink

That was my game from the beginning.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:52 am

You mean this was all just an act?  

And isn't that just what we're all about to figure out?

Comfort....?  

You're kidding.  I'm supposed to be the holy comforter.  

I think you mean, hold my hand.  Even Ron could figure out that much.  And now he needs to hold the Princess' hand.

No, he needs to kiss her feet..... and he's always been doing that.

I remember all my life
    Raining down as cold as ice.
    Shadows of a man,
    A face through a window cryin' in the night,
    The night goes into
    Morning just another day;
    Happy people pass my way.
    Looking in their eyes,
    I see a memory I never realized how happy you made me.

Oh Mandy well,
    You came and you gave without taking,
    But I sent you away.
    Oh, Mandy well,
    Kissed me and stopped me from shaking,
    And I need you today.
    Oh, Mandy!

I'm standing on the edge of time;
    I've walked away when love was mine.
    Caught up in a world of uphill climbing,
    The tears are in my mind and nothin' in rhyming.
    I see a memory I never realized how happy you made me.

Last edited by dan on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:53 am

Perhaps and yes.

Here we are looking at the back of our heads.

Have you laid your burdens down?

There is nothing to carry.

Yes, holding hands is same difference. 

What does a Blazing Dan look like?

I hope a little more connected than NM.

I am holding a lot of new hands right now and I am thankful for the ones who grabbed ahold of me.

Last edited by garzparz on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:00 am

dan wrote:

..... supposing, like you, that life will just go on, somehow, we will muddle through.... our perplexity will never cease.

No. Our individual lives will one day end. Our species will one day go extinct. Our planet will one day face conditions inhospitable to life. These are unfortunate certainties. But - to the possible and attainable - I'd prefer to delay or counter those eventualities for as long as possible.

You see us in the midst of a continuously evolving paradigm.

Perhaps cultural punctuated equilibrium might be a better term.   

Ok, fine, life goes on.... business as usual....  This is what everyone else already supposes.  Tell me something I don't know.

I don't know what you were expecting to find here, PF, but surely it wasn't business as usual.  I posed several questions to you, as to everyone else.  You intend to ignore what I'm saying.... what I'm asking? 

Then why are you here, at OM......?  I don't mean to be rude, but did you just wander in, off the street?  Were you born yesterday?  Did you fall off the pumpkin cart?

Already answered many times over. I don't really know. Other than that I saw you speak with Jack on a few YT videos and it prompted my curiosity.  

Let's do a little catching up, PF........

1.)  Is our existence an accident?

a.)  ....and, if not..... how not?.... why not?

I'll assume you mean humanity. Because you could mean life in general, and following that train of thought leads to very different conclusions.

You touch on a defense of anthropocentricity later in this comment. But it's implied here. Was humanity created, and is its creator invested in humanity as a principle or prime concern? Presumably because we are intelligent, or special in some way.

I don't have an answer. (nobody does) But I do have questions. Why is this creator not concerned about whales? Or dolphins? Or Octopi? And Parrots? They've all been shown to show some measure of self-awareness and intelligence. Why humanity in particular? What makes us so special?

Other than our potential to escape from the gravity well of prison Earth in the near future, I'm not sure we are.[/quote]

For now, we can stop right there..... and this is not meant to be a pop quiz.  I'll help you think through the answers......  

And, PF, please bear with me.... play a little....  I'm doing this as much or more for others as for you, personally.....

And, if truth be told, I'm also doing this for Cy and Eric, because, even they, while they mumble assurances, are not truly prepared to embrace this old/new paradigm, this MoAPS.  

If, PF, et al., you're are _not_ open to the possibility that life is _not_ just an absurdity in a meaningless universe.... there is nothing I can tell you.... not until you're prepared to listen to an alternative..... and, be prepared to understand that there is no coherent alternative to this being the BPW/SW.  

Any questions......?[/quote]  

Yet here's a shift away from anthropocentricity to life in general. I see no reason to argue against panspermia. Life is very special. The only material object form which thwarts entropy through the use of applied energy.

Though I think you're taking a more platonic form perspective here.[/quote]

If you're still here, PF, then you've agreed to go with the logical flow of your not being an accident......

And here's the first, not so big, leap..... unless you're some kind of solipsist, then none of the rest of us are accidents, either.  Yes?

This seems like a question that really revolves around the existence of an interventionist God or one more committed to Laissez Faire divinity. Did God create and then kick back with case for a long Sunday on the porch? In which case life may well not be accidental, but the circumstances of our individual lives could well be.

But, then, come to think of, that's the biggest leap you'll ever have to take.  

This is just my point.....  Cy and Eric are quite prepared to believe that they are very different from you and me.  Either they are here on a mission and/or they have been vouchsafed special insight into the world.  

If just one of us is not here by accident, then, where do you draw the line between reason and unreason?

It's a fuzzy line. But one way to know is if you've lost count of the empties on the bar.   

And, PF, I can ask myself the same question, as I look out into the sky..... are we the only 'planet of choice', as some would have it?..... or are we the only planet, as I would have it?

So you make an argument and it's debatable. Cleaves within the family of religions have these debates. So it's not like you're alone in this conundrum. But are you really going to ignore the evidence from Kepler? Thousands of exoplanets discovered. That's just a hard truth.

I'll break the message here and quote the rest of your comment in another.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:25 am

noon-------

So, PF, I'm asking you if there is a coherent alternative to anthropocentricity......?  

And there is a very simple answer...... No.

So, yes, PF, if mind is not just a cosmic fluke, then we have to be skeptical about the scientific metanarrative, i.e., the Big Bang, followed by evolution.  

Do you see, PF, Cy, Eric, IR, etc, that there is no way to wiggle your way out of this dilemma?

I don't see the dilemma. I see this as a conflation of the term 'life' with 'humanity'. Panspermia with God's intervention in human affairs.  

This is why there are so many mystics in the world.  The mystics are simply refuse to confront the scientific paradigm, so they have wandered off on their own, refusing to communicate.  This includes all of the Sarfatti crowd, and anyone of their ilk.

Mysticism and religion are not PSI. Some may have PSI experiences. And to a greater or lessor extent may glean correct information via psychic intuition. But how to get from PSI to God's intervention? [/quote]

If there's anyone, here, who is refusing to take up the banner of coherence, you're seriously wasting your time and everyone else's.  

We are looking for Truth, not truthiness.  We're tired of living on the crumbs of truth that fall off of Science's banquet table of arrogant, intellectual elitism.  We tired of science telling us that, in the end, this is all just atoms swerving in the void.  

If all you mystics can stand on your hind legs and say, sorry Science, but we've had it, up to here, with your atoms in the void.[/quote]  

Scientific method - mostly - works. It's got problems. People aren't perfect and they make mistakes. They get ossified in their world views. They pursue new problems with old solutions and fail. But we've had a pretty good run since the Enlightenment. I mean, this isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's throwing civilization out to boot.[/quote]

And, seriously, PF, you have the absolute gall, to dismiss this entire struggle for coherence as mere nostalgia.... as merely grasping for pretty seashells, washed up on the beaches of history.  

Shame on you, PF, and anyone else out there who would choose to be so clueless.  I hope you put on your raincoat and galoshes, when you venture out into that impenetrable fog, we call modernity, postmodernity or post-postmodernity.  Give me a break, puhleeeese![/quote]

Yeah, I'm a dick. Sorry. Well, no, I have a view. In some ways it may be orthogonal to yours. And that should be OK. As long as I don't bull-break all the teapots in your china shop. I mean, you are the special guest here and this is your forum. I didn't pop in to play troll.  

In the kingdom of the blind.......

The one eyed man sees a sliver of the electromagnetic spectrum. lol.

1-------

Enough...... but, please, try to do a little homework, here, or, pretty please, try to wipe off some of that postmodern gunk, piled up at the door, before you come in and jump on the furniture.

Now wait. I've had my share of essays assigned. And I read them. What I had to say about the difference between modernism and postmodernism is common use of terminology. And I made a very good point about how there's no real term for what change is taking place among philosophers and in culture today to deal with quantum effects. And furthermore, how QM is currently being superseded by even newer physics today. Philosophy is well behind physics in how represents new discoveries. That's a fair statement.

We aim to please.... you aim too, please!  

And exactly what are we aiming at.......?  

How many times do I have to say it...... We're aiming at the Truth, and we're very tired of Science's truthiness.  We're no longer looking for crumbs.

Truthiness is Stephen Colbert's humorous term to describe incoherent spin in US politics. But science makes some pretty amazing predictions that turn out true and verifiable. I mean, it really does - in extremely specific circumstances - reveal genuine truths. I respect that.  

Why can we not be satisfied with crumbs, like everyone else, on this third rock from the sun?

Because - in watching my toddler son - we're not tall enough to grasp the whole loaf of bread sitting on the table?  

Because, my friends, in case you hadn't noticed, we are approaching the fullness of time.

'how can we be satisfied with bread crumbs? Because we are approaching the fullness of time.'

How do these assertions connect? I'm thoroughly lost. I read word salad here.

And, yes, now I see Spacemaverik.  Unlike, Eric, below, he takes this game quite seriously, as do PF and Cy, for that matter.  

So, yes, Eric, what do we say to the serious ones?  

Me.....?  I can see the seriousness of both sides.  Eric, and the rest of the new Advaitans, haven't quite reached this level of enlightenment. They are still gazing at their non-dual navels.  It's is still a shiny new toy for them, even while it can be a serious toy.  

Yes, of course, I say listen to that still, inner voice.  Is that inner voice serious?  Does it want us to laugh or cry about the rest of the world?  

We have to learn to do both.  I don't think it's easy.  I'm stumbling in the dark...... Watch me stumble......

Eric is right...... we're playing at love.  We just haven't quite realized that it's the only game in town.  Is that the new Advaita, Eric?  Am I as stupid as I look?  Are you?  Are they?  

In this fullness of time, there is some urgency to the messages that have washed up on the seashore of history.  Is that possible, PF, in your estimation?  

Do we really need to have old men running around in the desert, talking to the cacti, to clue us into the fullness of time, and the equal fullness of love.  

Is love more powerful than terror?  

I think it is.  What Spacemaverik doesn't realize is that terrorists are acting out of blind love.  They are willing to sacrifice their lives for their love of........  of what?

I don't understand any of this. Without trying to be cruel, this reads as a mishmash of crossed metaphors. I'm sorry Dan. I want to understand. But I don't.

Next message...
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:32 am

Let's start with your last question first.......

Kepler.........?

I'll skip over Kepler, and go right to LIGO......

Remember, PF, I do have two (2) masters degrees in physics, and I do keep up with the literature.  Jack knows pieces of physics better than I, but, with a little grace, I'm able to put his pieces into the bigger picture.  
    ----------

FULL STOP....... with your last message......

Before everyone gets confused, could you please call me.....

443-799- seven two oh one......!

I'm waiting by the phone, PF .... see if you can get up your courage.....

2pm/ft(1edt)--------

I'm still waiting patiently by the phone, PF.

I've even asked Eric to reiterate my request to you. Maybe you're talking to him now.

Last edited by dan on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 am

PF, let me give u some straight talk for a minute. You tripped into a deep conversation today between myself and Dan the Man. You spoke up actually at a very mystical surreal point of clarity. Yes, I'm usually tongue in cheek, but I'm going to give you the choice they never gave me as the Vampire Lestat said to his prey.

This is a game and yes we are playing in a manner. I'm going to be blunt. You are sleeping right now with one eye open. I mean, if what Dan and I are spinning isn't hitting u deep, you aren't there yet. That's fine. Talking people through this is part of why we are chatting in the open. 

If you don't know why, talk to Dan. He is good with misfit toys.

Just call. 

You can decide for yourself if you or all of us are crazy. I don't care one way or another personally what you decide, but things will be much more interesting for you if you yield to the flow right now. If you are burdened or suffering, this awareness will help.

It is not religion.
    It is not a path.
    It is a realization only you can make for yourself.
    You are on the path within now whether deliberate or not.

It's the end of questions in a way. But talking to Dan is the fastest way to catch up and decide to contribute or go about your merry way.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:05 am

Bless you, Eric.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:25 am

Some interesting reading for you Dan.

https://intheexerciseofconscience.com

Part of my story. Some other hands I am holding onto.

I was thinking of going to the SAND conference here in San Jose this Fall again and I can't think of any reason to go other than to connect with some other fish in the flow.

Is it bad I just want to chill with the ones I AM with for now?

Shrug.

Peace, off to enjoy some California wine in the bright Sun of Knowing.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:27 am

2--------

Of course, their love is being exploited, in many cases, by petty criminals.  But, I, too, am prepared to exploit their love, and, when I last checked, I'm no criminal.

The only question that I pose is whether any of you will join me in this exploitation?  

The sad truth is that there is only one person who has joined me, and that is Ron.  I've told you this before, that Ron is an FoI..... friend of ISIS.  I wonder if Spacemaverik could possibly wrap his mind around this inconvenient truth?

This line about ISIS did give me all sorts of trouble. I mean, clearly you're not referring to that Egyptian Goddess of fertility and marriage. It's about fanatics with long beard and even longer rifles. Ron's never spoken to me. And I take what you say about him as through your perspective. Not his words. But whatever they are, they are an official enemy of the United States and most ever western nation on Earth.

And they chop peoples' heads off on TV for fun and propaganda.

I don't even know where to begin here. There's the Mujahideen angle, CIA financing 'freedom fighters' to oust Soviets from Afghanistan. Is Al-Quada and ISIS blowback from that enemy-of-my-enemy policy? Maybe. Could they be used in some machiavellian way currently to serve a 'grand chess board' long term foreign policy solution? I suppose. But then there's the princess bride - and her heritage-  who is clearly a private family matter for the man.  

I'm at a loss.

But I do know, I ain't joining in on no Islamic State final solution. That certainly would be an eschaton for sure.

Spacemaverik is paid to protect us from the terrorists.  Some of the people who pay him are in communication with ISIS.  What is going on?

Machiavellianism. That's what's going on. And the blowback won't end well.

Dan, I'm a foo-foo East Coast liberal. I voted Dukakis. Which should be no surprise, since I lived in Massachusetts at the time. I hope George H.W. isn't still pissed about losing that state. He did win the election.

And though I know Texans don't consider anything outside of Texas to be the United States proper, I do feel a sense of propriety and national responsibility. I dig into some shit I probably shouldn't. But if I were to dive a little too deep in the open source waters and pluck the wrong oyster and Ron and the featherless birds with high clearances told me, "revealing that would be a grave risk to the security of the United States" I'd shut the f/ck up. Especially if I understood why.

I mean that little thing about high frequency gravity waves. Very obvious. Or nuclear weapons secret details. Or what have you. So much so I can't believe anyone on the world scene who matters doesn't already get the gist. So I understand why it should be classified. And I respect that.

I don't want to know that sh/t. I'll stick with flying saucers and ESP.

ISIS? Uh uh. That's a big bag full of nope I don't want nothing to do with.

Now, I may well be a hopeless romantic, but I continue to labor under the illusion that love, in the fullness of time, will overcome.  And, yes, I continue to labor under the illusion that we are in the fullness of time.  

IOW, we are all working for love, whether we know it or not.  Even the petty criminals, who exploit the love of the deranged suiciders, are working for love, if truth be told, and I labor under the illusion that I'm here, just to tell the truth.  I am willing to labor like this because I'm willing to play at being the SoT.  Is that ok with you, Eric?  How's my driving, so far?  

Yes, Cy and Spacemaverik, I'm betting my little farm on the mere possibility that we might all be co-Conspirators in the cosmic game of love, whether we know it or not, and, especially, if we don't.  I mean, once you know it's just a game, it's more difficult to be serious about, but, you might have to admit, that I'm being fairly serious.  Is it serious enough for gummint work..... just as a for instance.

I see no love in killing innocent civilian strangers in a cafe bombing. I can't fully describe just how much I oppose this. And how stupid and counterproductive it all is.

Yes, sports fans, 9/11 was a conspiracy.  Cy knows that.  I know that.  Ron knows that.

Next you'll be telling me JFK, MLK and RFK weren't really killed by lone nuts. I mean, how craaaazy can you get?

There's another bag of deadly snakes I don't want to stick my hand in.

This, all you philosophy fans, is just a rudimentary application of the PSR, principal of sufficient reason.  Nothing is an accident.  But whose reason was it?  Was it the reasoning of some petty criminals?  Was it the reasoning of the CIA?  

Many events are accidents. Daniel Sheehan has - I think - the most accurate account of the JFK assassination. Not so much a Dulles conspiracy as a private Catro assassination team organized by the CIA under orders by a presumed forthcoming Nixon administration yet thwarted by Kennedy and then even prosecuted by him, when they went rogue. So they hit back at the source of their troubles in Dallas. And to avoid destabilizing society the Johnson administration covered it up.

Basically, a f*ck up. Where the real conspiracy became the cover-up. Just like in Watergate.

Sheehan might be wrong. I'll never know. But I do know bureaucracy. And interdepartmental wars. And actions taken without full authority. And the cock-ups that occur as a results. That's how they dysfunctionally work. So it strikes me as more believable than some grand conspiracy from the start.

5:10---------

It was our collective 'reasoning'.  

It was Leibniz' LAP, least action principle, as applied to persons, rather than to particles.  

More accurately, Leibniz' principle of mechanics should be called the principle of optimal action.... picking out the path of the action integral that yields a turning point in that integral.  

How might  Leibniz' LAP be applied to persons, rather than particles?  And, suppose we did so apply it?  Would that put God out of a job?  Well, the purpose of a smoothly functioning democracy is to put the president out of a job.  The president of this ideal democracy becomes a ceremonial figurehead, like the Queen of England.

Wait, wut? I missed that in civics. You're forgetting signing laws, setting policy for the executive, commander of the military, blah blah blah.

Anarchists say..... let's put the whole government out of a job.  Or let's put the PtB out to pasture.

Anarchists do say that. But then, so do the Randian Libertarians too. Fanatics say a lot of stupid things.   

Can we put God out to pasture?  

The deists and anthropicists say that God was put out to pasture, one femtosecond after the Big Bang.  

I like that.  And the SoT is just the scrawny little ghost of God, just a very faint echo, to demarcate the LAP path back to the Source.  The path had become overgrown and forgotten.  But, with a minimal and judicious amount of pruning..... Voilà!  

In theory, OMF could do the trick.  In practice, however, we might still need to have those old men, running around in the desert, talking to the cacti.  The cacti might get lonely, otherwise.  And the desert is pretty dry..... we might need to prime our imagination pumps.  That's all.  Is that too much to ask?

Dan, this was a very hard portion of your comment to respond to. There is just so much WTF in here I'm dizzy. And not just from the vertigo this damn bug gave me.

But let's talk about your aspirations. You seem to have one apostle. Or maybe you are an apostle to RP, Eric to you. With Cy on the fence. And you're here seeking more. That's not a very big movement. Compare yourself to David Koresh. This guy had a whole compound - with even a harem - and a munitions lot to boot.

And he was small time. What about the Scientologists? L. Ron Hoover scrambling brains by reading thetans with an E-Meter. Can't forget the Mormons. One nearly even became President! And that's just in the United States.

They've been a good deal more successful in promulgating their respective perspectives than have you. I can't offer advice - because I've never tried that game - but their success could be a practical object lesson of value for you.

You asked about my mission. And I said it was personal. Not grand. Not revolutionary. Not world shaking. I saw a flying saucer and it spooked me. And not in the - you know - spy games sort of way. And I continue to experience some weird PSI stuff. And that spooks me too. It piques my interest. Leads me down this path of contextualizing those experiences through self discovery.

This is my prime motivation. Vallee talks about the psychological impact of high strangeness on individuals. And I think that fairly describes me.

I came to you because you were once a bird and the birds know a thing or two about flying. Saucers. And PSI. Jack's made me persona non grata because I suck. Or perhaps I didn't do what he wanted. So maybe that's another motivation.

But I don't understand half of the stuff you say. And I'm wondering if I really should.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:28 am

Whew. Some levity.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:39 am

If you don't want to, don't.

Run now.

If you are at peace, forget Jack and be at peace.

He has nothing for you. Absolute dead end.

You can bounce off that wall into another awareness now if you have some balls.

If not, go be a sheep, sorry, we have no time to waste.

Only naked curiosity will do.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:45 am

In other news Dan,

https://www.facebook.com/quantumunderground/posts/1765565870395084

Holy crap! I suspected this, but he may be a mad genius playing his part most excellently.

It is incredible what he did and he has to be playing the fools.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:46 am

noon-------

So, PF, I'm asking you if there is a coherent alternative to anthropocentricity......?  

And there is a very simple answer...... No.

So, yes, PF, if mind is not just a cosmic fluke, then we have to be skeptical about the scientific metanarrative, i.e., the Big Bang, followed by evolution.  

Do you see, PF, Cy, Eric, IR, etc, that there is no way to wiggle your way out of this dilemma?

I don't see the dilemma. I see this as a conflation of the term 'life' with 'humanity'. Panspermia with God's intervention in human affairs.  

This is why there are so many mystics in the world.  The mystics are simply refuse to confront the scientific paradigm, so they have wandered off on their own, refusing to communicate.  This includes all of the Sarfatti crowd, and anyone of their ilk.

Mysticism and religion are not PSI. Some may have PSI experiences. And to a greater or lessor extent may glean correct information via psychic intuition. But how to get from PSI to God's intervention?

If there's anyone, here, who is refusing to take up the banner of coherence, you're seriously wasting your time and everyone else's.  

We are looking for Truth, not truthiness.  We're tired of living on the crumbs of truth that fall off of Science's banquet table of arrogant, intellectual elitism.  We tired of science telling us that, in the end, this is all just atoms swerving in the void.  

If all you mystics can stand on your hind legs and say, sorry Science, but we've had it, up to here, with your atoms in the void.

Scientific method - mostly - works. It's got problems. People aren't perfect and they make mistakes. They get ossified in their world views. They pursue new problems with old solutions and fail. But we've had a pretty good run since the Enlightenment. I mean, this isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's throwing civilization out to boot.

And, seriously, PF, you have the absolute gall, to dismiss this entire struggle for coherence as mere nostalgia.... as merely grasping for pretty seashells, washed up on the beaches of history.  

Shame on you, PF, and anyone else out there who would choose to be so clueless.  I hope you put on your raincoat and galoshes, when you venture out into that impenetrable fog, we call modernity, postmodernity or post-postmodernity.  Give me a break, puhleeeese!

Yeah, I'm a dick. Sorry. Well, no, I have a view. In some ways it may be orthogonal to yours. And that should be OK. As long as I don't bull-break all the teapots in your china shop. I mean, you are the special guest here and this is your forum. I didn't pop in to play troll.    

In the kingdom of the blind.......

The one eyed man sees a sliver of the electromagnetic spectrum. lol.

1-------

Enough...... but, please, try to do a little homework, here, or, pretty please, try to wipe off some of that postmodern gunk, piled up at the door, before you come in and jump on the furniture.

Now wait. I've had my share of essays assigned. And I read them. What I had to say about the difference between modernism and postmodernism is common use of terminology. And I made a very good point about how there's no real term for what change is taking place among philosophers and in culture today to deal with quantum effects. And furthermore, how QM is currently being superseded by even newer physics today. Philosophy is well behind physics in how represents new discoveries. That's a fair statement.    

We aim to please.... you aim too, please!  

And exactly what are we aiming at.......?  

How many times do I have to say it...... We're aiming at the Truth, and we're very tired of Science's truthiness.  We're no longer looking for crumbs.

Truthiness is Stephen Colbert's humorous term to describe incoherent spin in US politics. But science makes some pretty amazing predictions that turn out true and verifiable. I mean, it really does - in extremely specific circumstances - reveal genuine truths. I respect that.   

Why can we not be satisfied with crumbs, like everyone else, on this third rock from the sun?

Because - in watching my toddler son - we're not tall enough to grasp the whole loaf of bread sitting on the table?  

Because, my friends, in case you hadn't noticed, we are approaching the fullness of time.

'how can we be satisfied with bread crumbs? Because we are approaching the fullness of time.'

How do these assertions connect? I'm thoroughly lost. I read word salad here.

And, yes, now I see Spacemaverik.  Unlike, Eric, below, he takes this game quite seriously, as do PF and Cy, for that matter.  

So, yes, Eric, what do we say to the serious ones?  

Me.....?  I can see the seriousness of both sides.  Eric, and the rest of the new Advaitans, haven't quite reached this level of enlightenment. They are still gazing at their non-dual navels.  It's is still a shiny new toy for them, even while it can be a serious toy.  

Yes, of course, I say listen to that still, inner voice.  Is that inner voice serious?  Does it want us to laugh or cry about the rest of the world?  

We have to learn to do both.  I don't think it's easy.  I'm stumbling in the dark...... Watch me stumble......

Eric is right...... we're playing at love.  We just haven't quite realized that it's the only game in town.  Is that the new Advaita, Eric?  Am I as stupid as I look?  Are you?  Are they?  

In this fullness of time, there is some urgency to the messages that have washed up on the seashore of history.  Is that possible, PF, in your estimation?  

Do we really need to have old men running around in the desert, talking to the cacti, to clue us into the fullness of time, and the equal fullness of love.  

Is love more powerful than terror?  

I think it is.  What Spacemaverik doesn't realize is that terrorists are acting out of blind love.  They are willing to sacrifice their lives for their love of........  of what?

I don't understand any of this. Without trying to be cruel, this reads as a mishmash of crossed metaphors. I'm sorry Dan. I want to understand. But I don't.

Next message...[/quote]

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:47 am

;0 PF

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm not laughing at you.

It hurts how funny this is.

Go ahead, get it all out.

Then keep going with the parts that do make sense right now, forget the rest.
    ParanoidFactoid
    ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:51 am

How did this wind up getting out of order? What a mess.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:53 am

OK, well, I'm out for the day. Ask all your questions.

Sorry, not trying to be rude, but we kind have been very open and up front about what is going on.

Nothing is going on.

Get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 am