Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeToday at 9:34 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 12:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
pman35
skaizlimit
Bard
Cyrellys
dan
Jake Reason
GSB/SSR
11 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

And for the insane, or other wise, we present:

Schroedinger's Cat is not Alone

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.4206v4

Beatriz Gato, Beatriz Gato-Rivera
    (Submitted on 23 Apr 2010 (v1), last revised 31 Mar 2011 (this version, v4))
    We introduce the `Complete Wave Function' and deduce that all living beings, not just Schroedinger's cat, are actually described by a superposition of `alive' and `dead' quantum states; otherwise they would never die. Therefore this proposal provides a quantum mechanical explanation to the world-wide observation that we all pass away. Next we consider the Measurement problem in the framework of M-theory. For this purpose, together with Schroedinger's cat we also place inside the box Rasputin's cat, which is unaffected by poison. We analyse the system identifying its excitations (catons and catinos) and we discuss its evolution: either to a classical fight or to a quantum entanglement. We also propose the BSVΨ scenario, which implements the Complete Wave Function as well as the Big Bang and the String Landscape in a very (super)natural way. Then we test the gravitational decoherence of the entangled system applying an experimental setting due to Galileo. We also discuss the Information Loss paradox. For this purpose we consider a massless black cat falling inside a massive black hole. After that we outline a method to compute the contribution of black cats to the dark matter of the universe. Finally, in the spirit of Schroedinger, we propose that next generation double-slit experiments should use cats as projectiles. Cat interferometry will inevitably lead to the `Many Cats' interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, allowing to shed new light on old mysteries and paradoxes. For example, according to this interpretation, conservative estimates show that decision making of a single domestic cat will create about 550 billion whole universes every day, with as many replicas of itself.

Admin
    Admin

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Cyrellys Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:39 pm

http://beforeitsnews.com/environment/2015/04/whistle-blower-there-is-something-wrong-with-earths-core-2525836.html wrote:

Swarms of thousands of earth quakes happening around the world, birds dying in mass…now a reporter is telling of a government whistle-blower that is saying there is something wrong with the Earth’s Core.

magnetic-field-earth

A growing number of scientists are starting to worry the magnetic pole shift, that seems to be underway, is the real culprit behind climate change. Not man made air pollution, not the Sun, not the underground volcanic activity heating up the oceans, but the slow beginning of a pole shift that has been thought to destroy entire civilizations in the past and be one major factor in mass extinctions.

More symptoms:

same source publication as above wrote:Around 150 dolphins were found stranded on the Hokota beach in Ibaraki prefecture, about 100 km northeast of Tokyo, Japan on April 10, 2015. Some dolphins, mostly melon-headed whales (also known as electra dolphins) or blackfish were found alive, but were extremely weak.

DeafWhale explains how submarine earthquakes can cause whales or dolphins to strand:

If a submarine EQ with the right characteristic happens under a pod of diving whales or dolphins, a series of seismic pressure waves generated by the bouncing seafloor will cause the volume of air enclosed in the sinuses and middle-ear air cavities in each animal’s head to suddenly expand and then deflate in tune with the rapidly alternating pressure.

These rapid changes in air volume tear the sinus membranes, allowing air to leak where it does not belong and blood to enter the air spaces

In toothed whales, the sinuses and air sacs serve as acoustic mirrors reflecting sound inside their heads in a fashion that allows their echo-navigation system to function properly.

A barotraumatic injury of this sort would naturally disrupts echo-navigation, causing the animals to lose their normally excellent sense of direction. Barotrauma in their cranial air spaces also prevents them from diving and feeding themselves.

Earth’s magnetic field is collapsing and it could affect the climate and wipe out power grids .”

Studies have shown that a solar storm of a massive magnitude occurring today would likely cause widespread problems for modern civilization.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 pm

http://www.beforeitsnews.com/space/2015/04/giant-methane-cloud-detected-over-south-colorado-2489568.html

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Cy,

***But that does not mean I agree entirely with your cosmology. I do NOT.... The universe is more complicated than your theory. Many things are always occurring at every point/location. There is lineal sequencing AND non-lineal...but your neat little nutshell is too constrained and entirely too tiny in terms of time and the rest of the cosmos. I also have an issue with your concept of beginning and ending.***

I am not opposed to complexity. I believe that the universe is infinitely complex. But I also believe that each of us is a microcosm of that infinite complexity, i.e. the universe is holographic.

Furthermore, I believe that you and I are the co-Creators of this best possible universe. And, if we are to avoid the catastrophe that appears almost inevitable, now is the optimal time for us to awaken from our slumber of 'materialism'.

Of couse, this is exactly why we are coming together, here at your Open Minds forum.

(cont.)

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:01 pm

dan wrote:Cy,

***But that does not mean I agree entirely with your cosmology.  I do NOT.... The universe is more complicated than your theory.  Many things are always occurring at every point/location.  There is lineal sequencing  AND non-lineal...but your neat little nutshell is too constrained and entirely too tiny in terms of time and the rest of the cosmos.  I also have an issue with your concept of beginning and ending.***

I am not opposed to complexity.  I believe that the universe is infinitely complex.  But I also believe that each of us is a microcosm of that infinite complexity, i.e. the universe is holographic.  

Furthermore, I believe that you and I are the co-Creators of this best possible universe.  And, if we are to avoid the catastrophe that appears almost inevitable, now is the optimal time for us to awaken from our slumber of 'materialism'.  

Of couse, this is exactly why we are coming together, here at your Open Minds forum.  

(cont.)

On each of the points you mark above, we are in agreement.

As far as awakening wrt myself, I am already 'optimised' withing the constraints of my physical being for partnership with Synchronicity. I am as mine say, "Apprenticed".

I am drawn to and fro in this partnership, speaking here in one place, and tweaking in another place. It is how we knew to move to initiate an emergency save of the OMFv.1 and recreate a home for OMF and its members here at Forumotion. If others wished to join in the use of it as you do, it is available to them.

Free Will to do so or not.

There are many other options available out there to the masses as well, not just this construct.

They will go where their perceptions draw them. Meanwhile at least one form of work continues to sort itself out here with yourself. It is your book to write for good or bad, for beginning or twisting, or wrecking or sudden epiphany.

Of complexity throughout the human perception, the physical reality of this world, the physical and metaphysical truths and fallacies of the greater universe, in complexity we have only a minutia of choice and influence...but that minutia is still profound for its millions of years of possible influence in the ocean of universe and consciousness and future effects.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Ditto? Only Ditto? Wowsers Charlie Brown, I was having murnut flashbacks.

In the interest of good natured humor...quote:

Foot Mann: Soon she will open the gates for the public to enter this realm. It will be a path from which not all will exit through the same door, be it calf, bull, steer, or gore.

Skaiz, where exactly does a steak exit this realm? It's all a matter of position and perspective, no? Some truths before any flushing finality are Universal.

Cy**

Zakly, Cy, zakly.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:38 am

Date: April 12, 2015 at 9:37:31 PM EDT
    To: Dan
    Cc: 2 others
    Subject: Barfield's "Saving the Phenomena" V: "Pre-history"

Dan and all,

Here are some excerpts from Barfield's opening remarks on pre-history (Chapter V of STA). My narrative and comments
    in blue.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barfield first characterizes the "world" and the "history of the world" as a system of evolving collective representations, as
    fundamentally phenomenal:

"A history of the 'world', as distinct from a history of the unrepresented, must clearly be a history of phenomena; that is, of
    collective representations."

"... it will be well to consider briefly the bearing of this truth on what is sometimes called prehistory. I mean, in particular,
    the history of the earth before the appearance on it of human beings."

"When dealing with times in which these conditions were present, therefore, it is quite reasonable to describe and investigate
    nature scientifically, not only in the manner of physics, but also in the manner of the sciences whose field of study is the past
    as well as the present, such as geology, ecology, zoology
    , and to do this as if the phenomena were wholly independent of man's
    sensory and psychological participation."

"It is not necessarily misleading to do so, and it has proved to be of great practical use. It is however not sufficiently realized
    that different considerations apply to any description, in familiar terms, of natural events and processes deemed to have taken
    place before the appearance of human life on the earth."

In other words, since the phenomenal world as we know it requires the active participation of modern man's cognitive faculties,
    it is wrong to assume in any literal sense that an analogous world of collective representations existed pre-historically, i.e., at
    a time before the development of human consciousness.

Can't we limit ourselves to a determination of how the world would appear to a conscious human observer with modern cognition,
    were they -- hypothetically -- to be transported to such a time and place?

Barfield admits this as a reasonable interpretation of the kind of naive realism that he complains about in textbooks and in popular
    articles:

"what is really being propounded by such popular writers, and, so far as I am aware, by the text-books on which they rely, is
    this. That at that time the unrepresented was behaving in such a way that, if human beings with the collective representations
    characteristic of the last few centuries of western civilization had been there, the things described would also have been there."

I see no difference between this situation, on the one hand, and a contemporary situation where a tree falls in a a forest and there
    is no one there to hear it, on the other Does it make a sound? If "sound" is defined in terms of qualia, then the answer is "no".
    However, we can still imagine that were a conscious observer with modern cognition to be present when the physical tree falls -- all
    other things being held equal -- then that observer would hear a sound.

So what is Barfield's objection to this?

"This is not quite the same thing. It needs, I should have thought, to be considered in connection with another fact, namely, that
    when attention is expressly directed to the history of the unrepresented (as in calculations of the age of the earth based on radio-
    activity), it is invariably assumed that the behaviour of the unrepresented has remained fundamentally unchanged. Moreover
    (and this is, to my mind, more important), for those hypothetical 'human beings with collective representations characteristic of
    the last few centuries of western civilization' we might choose to substitute other human beings-those, for instance, who lived
    one or two or three or more thousand years ago. We should then have to write a different pre-history altogether."

Thus Barfield seems to be proposing that we arrive at a true "pre-history" by reconstruct the phenomenal world (as a system of
    collective representations) as perceived by those living in the period in question.

"I will, at the risk of repeating myself, put as clearly as I can the alternatives to accepting [Barfield's proposal]. If we refuse to accept
    [this proposal], we can adopt one of three courses, to each of which there are, to me, insuperable objections."

"We can adopt a sort of super-naive realism, rejecting all the rigmarole of physics, physiology and psychology with the healthy
    instinct of Dr. Johnson kicking his stone."

A form of naive realism.

"Or we can resort frankly to 'double-think'. We can think that what physics tells us is true, is true when we are studying physics, and
    untrue when we are studying something else."

IMO this is only a problem within a reductionist framework. Otherwise what's the objection? If physics is holistic as opposed to atomistic,
    this is exactly one would expect. Macroscopic properties of physical objects emerge, and cannot be reduced to the properties of the
    microscopic constituents.

"Lastly we can adopt a Berkeleyan view of phenomena. For Berkeley held that, not merely the unrepresented, but the representations
    as such, are sustained by God in the absence of human beings."

Bishop Berkeley's idealism. Here is Barfield's objection:

"This involves the, for me, too difficult corollary that, out of all the wide variety of collective representations which are found even to-
    day over the face of the earth, and the still wider variety which history unrolls before us, God has chosen for His delight the particular
    set shared by Western man in the last few centuries."

In other words, there is nothing special about modern Western Man's cognitive apparatus. Sounds like a Copernican-type thesis to me.

So Barfield is proposinbg that in order to do pre-history properly, we should attempt to immerse ourselves in the cognitive paradigm of
    the conscoius inhabits of the time, rathner than imposing our own cognitive structure and imagining that the result is how the world
    would look to modern Western observer who has somehow been transported back to the pre-historic period of interest.

I think Barfield is right that the phenomenal reality of a pre-historic observer would be very different from what a modern observer would
    perceive, but I don't see why this invalidates per-history as normally done, since we are clearly interested in understanding the world
    as it would appear through our "optics" were one of us present.

Barfield agrees, but suggests that per-history also be understood through the eyes of the contemporary observers, the collective
    representations shared among such observers being constitutive of pre-historic phenomenal reality:

"Even if the usual way of recording what, in the absence of man, was going on in the unrepresented must be criticised as a dubious
    extrapolation, the descriptions may still, as I have suggested, be valuable, not as actual descriptions, but as notional 'models'."

"For their nature is that of artificial imagery. And when the nature and limitations of artificial images are forgotten, they become idols."

The problem I have with this is that if all "collective representations" are symbolic, in relation to an underlying physical reality, then this
    equally applies to pre-historic "collective representations". So we are no better off in terms of literal truth about reality by abandoning
    our modern "optic" when dealing with pre-history. Either way were are dealing with cognitive "models" of reality as opposed to reality-
    in-itself.

So what is achieved by abandoning our own cognitive faculties for the construction of a pre-historic phenomenal reality? To naively confuse
    the phenomenal world as perceived by its ancient inhabitants with a human-independent reality is no less "idolatrous" than to confuse the
    world as presently perceived, through a modern "optic", with a human independent reality.

So as far as I can see all Barfield has really established here is that when it comes to constructing phenomenal reality, "there's more than
    one way to skin a cat". There is nothing unique about our modern Western system of collective representations, and we are therefore in
    principle free to explore the pre-historic world as perceived by those living at the time -- although there is nothing to compel us to do so.

If you ask me, there is much less here than meets the eye. This kind of thing is built into Kuhnian philosophy of science. And of course we also
    have Foucault's "Archaeology of Knowledge". And any number of other examples.

And again, Barfield is strictly neutral here as to metaphysical ontology. In this respect at least he is thoroughly Kantian. He argues that nothing
    in his book depends on any particular theory of perception or any metaphysical thesis. There is no metaphysical commitment to found in this
    book. Barfield's framework in STA is distinctly phenomenological.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:13 am

On Apr 14, 2015, at 12:41 AM, Paul wrote:

Confuses ontology with epistemology.

On 4/13/2015 4:04 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
    Paul,

More gyrations.......

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/13/philosophy-returns-to-the-real-world/

Date: April 14, 2015 at 11:09:17 AM EDT
    To: Paul
    Subject: Hegel

Paul,

I'm looking at Hegel as our priority target, at this point.  

My starting point was the SEP entry on him.  Then, when I googled Hegel & Eschatology, the first book to come up was 'Hegel's Grand Synthesis: a study in being, thought and history' - Daniel Berthold-Bond (SUNY 1989) .  I have downloaded it.... $16.  

If you can't find a better source, I recommend we start with this.  

Date: April 14, 2015 at 11:56:14 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Hegel

I especially recommend pp 5-8 of the introduction.  I think you can access the intro from one of the various e-views available.  Then, obviously, the the substance of the eschatology is contained in chapters 7&8.  

Clearly, DBB is anxious to immanentize Hegel's Eschaton.  He claims that there can be no synthesis of Hegel's 'contradictory' views...... imminent vs. immanent.  

Am I being immoderate in suggesting that the BPWH/SWH/CTC provides just the unique synthesis for which Georgie was striving?  

Date: April 14, 2015 at 12:35:09 PM EDT

I think I understand Georgie's 'Dilemma'...... referring to DB-B chapter 2..... between temporal and eternal truth.  Is he actually seeing history in the context of the newtonian absolute time?!  

Is not time a human construct, on his own view, even?  

Can he not conceive of a best possible CTC?  

cc: OM  

Date: April 14, 2015 at 12:52:22 PM EDT

Now we're getting to the nitty-gritty......

p.11 (DB-B).... 'Hegel's truth is historical.'  Wow, really?  Then he does see time as Absolute.  Is this possible, of Hegel?  This is no minor lacuna, IMHO.  

Danny then goes on to compare Hegel's and Frege's theories of truth.  

Hegel is quoted as referring to his theory as a 'twist' on the CorTT.  How far can this 'twist' be from the CohTT?  

Date: April 14, 2015 at 1:45:09 PM EDT

now, on p. 16......

It's not clear whether or not DBB is reading his own absolutism wrt time, into Hegel.  I'm beginning to suspect that Georgie must be more nuanced about the relativity of time, than how Danny is representing him.  

Date: April 14, 2015 at 2:00:03 PM EDT

p. 17......

Hegel speaks frequently of the 'closure' of the temporal dialectic.  What can this refer to, other than to a CTC?  

This is not rocket science.  All the king's physicists and philosophers have not managed to connect the (alpha/omega) dots.  Is this correct?  Even Hegel was too timid, in this regard?!  Hey, in the realm of the blind, the one-eyed person will be king.  

cc: OM

Date: April 14, 2015 at 3:35:16 PM EDT

p. 21 in DBB (chp 2, HTT)........

It only keeps getting better.  

The only question is to how to turn the philosophers onto the notion of a CTC.  The physicists will take extreme offense at anyone telling them how to do physics.  The philosophers will be very reluctant to touch this ontological 3rd rail.  How do we break the ice?  
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:25 am

Date: April 16, 2015 at 11:20:24 AM EDT
    To: Paul 
    Subject: Re: Barfield's "Saving the Phenomena" V: "Pre-history"

Come on, Paul, this is supposed to be between you and me........

[Paul responding to David....] 
    ***Also, why should it matter whether a human happens to be in a particular spot when a physical event occurs? Isn't it enough to note that were a human present, they would perceive a certain phenomenon?***

....we will take on David&Co, later.

Owen's and Georg's whole point is that it's just about Presence, and there can be no presence without absence, and there can be no absence without sapience.  

That's not quite right.  There can be an absolute Presence, as in Brahman, which is as far beyond sapience as sapience is beyond sentience.  

What do sentient creatures know of Presence/Brahman?  IMHO, their sense [of] presence is informed mainly by their collective unconscious, CuCs.  Ours is informed mainly by our individual eidetic memories (IEM)..... big difference.  Our IEM is then backed up by our CCs&CuCs.  It's a whole different ballgame.  

The Owl is much closer to the tree, ontologically, than we are to the Owl.  

The only 'real' problem is to explain the stars and the fossils, and, when you think about it, it's not a 'real' problem...... 

The 'real' problem is the thought that God might then be deceiving us with all those stars, atoms and fossils.  If the devil is in (all!) the details, what is left for God?  

My whole point is that God does not need to be either that smart or that industrious.  We are God's (teleological) worker bees.  We, just like the caterpillar, weave our own cosmic cocoon.  If you and I are going to be microcosms, what less are we to do about it, other than weave our own cocoon?  

I don't know, Paul.  I can't ask you [to] feign understanding.  It may just be a bridge too far.  

cc 

Now, back to chaps 6&7 of 'Hegel's Grand Synthesis' - DBB..... 

(cont.)
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:48 pm

** Scribe,

The Princess and Kashmir enjoyed dinner with you and the Royal Philosopher. She is pleased with how the Philosopher has embraced so many disciplines including science, philosophy, theology, and cosmology with the rise of her drones integrated throughout. Soon she will open the gates for the public to enter this realm. It will be a path from which not all will exit through the same door, be it calf, bull, steer, or gore.

Footman **

If there were only one door, then there would be no need for more than one discipline of intellect. But the doors are many. Integrating a material means for opening up public exploration seems a noble cause.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Date: April 16, 2015 at 11:45:00 PM EDT
    To: Paul 
    Subject: Eriugena

Note bene: JS Eriugena......... 

This is coming from DBB/HGS chap 2 footnote 5...... he makes reference to an article by K Hedwig.... CHRISTIAN NEOPLATONISM AND THE PHENOMENOLOGICAL TRADITION: THE HIDDEN INFLUENCE OF JOHN SCOTTUS ERIUGENA by DERMOT MORAN   in a volume dedicated to Eriugena....  ERIUGENA AND CREATION, 2014. 

It only gets better....... 
    Date: April 17, 2015 at 12:08:24 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Eriugena

Ibid........

Eriugena also offered a dynamic account of the inter- action between the Creator and creation which seemed to artic- ulate the Hegelian conception of an infinite that expanded to include in itself its opposite, namely, the finite. It is indeed possi- ble to find statements in Eriugena that corroborate these themes, although, naturally, the Idealists interpreted him in terms of their own theological and systematic language and concerns. There are undoubtedly features of Eriugena's thought that invite comparison with central ideas both in Kant and, more especially, in Schellingand Hegel.
    Date: April 17, 2015 at 12:19:18 AM EDT

more ibid.......

One important source for twentieth-century philosophical inter- pretations of Eriugena that go beyond the Thomistic reading and indeed point towards the later phenomenological reading is Emile Brehier's (1876-1952) article, "The Idea of Nothingness and the Problem of the Radical Origin in Greek Neoplatonism" (1919) which was known to Heidegger.17 Brehier elsewhere discusses Eri- ugena in his His/ory of Philosophy.18 Brehier, a Hegelian idealist who had followed Bergson's lectures on Plotinus,19 presents Eriu-gena as a thinker of identity and difference, and of the division of the whole into parts and the dependency of the parts of the whole that is a theme in thinkers from Plotinus to Hegel and Bradley.20 Crucially, Bn\hier emphasizes Eriugena's conception of non-being, which would have a strong inflllence especially on Heidegger (who corresponded with Brehier in regard to the Descartes conference......  
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:50 am

Date: April 17, 2015 at 9:47:48 AM EDT

And, before Eriugena (d. ~877), there was the pseudo-Dyonisius (< 530) who was particularly responsible for the influence of Neoplatonism on medieval Christianity.  

At the other end of the time-frame, we have romanticism (1800-1850), usually seen as a reaction against modernism.  Naturphilosophie and Hegel are considered key elements of this movement.   But it soon devolved into nationalism.  

Is there a clear correspondence between Neoplatonism and romanticism?  Where is that correspondence most obvious?  

Date: April 17, 2015 at 10:44:15 AM EDT
    Subject: Personalism v. romanticism v. physics

However, personalism is often taken as a reaction against romanticism.  

OTOH, existentialism is considered to be an extension of romanticism.  

NB...... there is no entry for romanticism in the SEP.  However, the SEP entry on Personalism does a good job of exploring the correspondences and tensions between personalism and romanticism.  

See, especially, the second paragraph in this section.... http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/personalism/#EurPer , referring particularly to the Parisian personalists under E Mounier (1905-1950).  He looks forward to the 'real revolution' wherein bourgeois 'having' gives way to christian 'being'... being in communion with others (in the context of its 'tragic [eschatological] optimism').  

This does seem to parallel Barfield's vision of alpha-thinking giving way to a final participation.  

Now, how the heck do we relate this back to Jack&Co.??  Well, there certainly is a heroic, messianic even, romanticism in any 'fringe' endeavor, especially fringe-physics.  Yes?  

11:25--------

I should point out that personhood and sapience are practically synonymous. Can we even think of something as being self-contained, self-organizing or self-referential without a robust notion of the Self? E.g., my take on Goedel's proof is that it requires percipience. This may be true of any mathematical statement, however, despite the existence of algorithmic proof procedures.

(cont.)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 am

Date: April 18, 2015 at 9:50:18 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Personalism v. romanticism v. physics

I'm glad this discussion is just between the two of us.......

You deftly represent exactly what the BPWH is up against, in modern thought.  

Personalism is all about the difference between deism and theism.  

There is a traditional name for non-personalists...... pagans.  I would characterize 99% of moderns as pagans.  The other 1% are materialists.  

IOW, Sartre is the quintessential pagan.  

In my philosophic journey, I did not immediately latch on to personalism.  Rather, it snuck in, mainly under the guise of Coherence.  

Yes, Paul, it's persons all the way down..... and up.  

And my main critique of Hegel, Leibniz, Kant and Descartes is that they were not able to get their heads around this crucial point.  And, yes, this is precisely the crux of christianity.  The monotheisms have no clue, either.  They are actually monodeists, at best.  

I ask you..... what is truth?  What is true is what we can have faith in, what we can trust.  Trust can exist only between infinite persons.  This is the truth that lies behind the idea of swearing on a bible, for instance.  If I speak falsely, then I deserve to burn in hell for infinity.  This is the only ontological basis for trust and truth.  No, not the penalty for distrust or bad faith, and not the 'reward' for good faith.  

Trust is love.  Love is its own reward.  Hate and fear are their own punishment.  This is what makes the world go 'round...... don't they say?  

Just between you, me and the lamp post (cc:)......

Date: April 18, 2015 at 10:44:02 AM EDT
    Subject: Personality v. physics.....!

(cont.....)

I'll wager, Paul, that, very much like me, and every other scientist that I've ever known, you were appalled/repelled by the rampant subjectivity, loose opinion and back-office politicking that comprises every social venue.

So, what did we do? We chose objectivity!

But what is at the end of objectivity?

Imagine our individual and collective dismay, when, after years of struggle with objectivity, we find only the inescapable traces of personhood.

But, no, Paul, this is not Miss Personality, now, is it? I would rather say that this is the cosmic persona. And I am saying that, in that cosmic Persona, we are seeing ourselves for the first time. This is the whole point of the BPWH. This is the whole of Barfield's final participation. Yes, this is the final Synthesis/Coherence.

Can there be an Other?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:19 am

Date: April 19, 2015 at 12:13:48 PM EDT
    Subject: Theism v. Panendeism v. BPWH v. free will

Paul,

Panendeism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism#Panendeism , overlaps considerably with the BPWH, but first allow me to discuss theism.......

The best possible world will be structured on and around the reality of universal love.  Love can arise only between persons, so personal idealism, personalism or intersubjectivism will be the ontology of choice.  This comes close to the concept of panentheism.  

The BPWH is certainly open to criticism on the grounds of entrapping both God and humanity in the determinate logic of necessity.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_all_possible_worlds .

Yes, this is a valid point...... there seems to be a paradox between 'free' love and the logical necessity of optimization.  

Of course, the problem of free will has arisen in every attempt at metaphysical understanding, with the possible exception of 'pure' existentialism.    

I have no complete answer to this criticism.  Here is what I can say, however......

As a start, let us consider the problem of reason......

Reason, of necessity, is free.  Alvin Platinga is a chief proponent of this view.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Plantinga%27s_free_will_defense . The main dissenters would be the proponents of strong AI.  Reason, on all levels, is essential to the creation of the BPW.  It is essential to any creative endeavor.  

Teleology is essential as well.  Does the Telos obviate freedom?  Does omniscience obviate freedom?  

cc: & (cont.....)

Date: April 19, 2015 at 2:41:07 PM EDT
    Subject: Re: Theism v. Panendeism v. BPWH v. free will

(cont.......)

As an aside, it should be noted, see the wiki, that pandeism may be seen as the logical concomitant of kenosis, wherein the Creator, in accord with absolute love, empties himself into Creation. This is the basic idea of our apocatastasis and our becoming the co-creators. There are species wherein the male is consumed, in the act of consummation.

Back to free-will.......

Reason is nothing, if it is not normative. After all, there are good reasons and bad reasons.

Reason is also essentially intentional. It must have a goal or an outcome.

Reason is an essential component of morality. Morality is the essence of normativity and intentionality. It is about having good intentions, at the least. It is about right and wrong.

Are we then free to be unreasonable and immoral? Evidently we are.

The best possible anything, is normative. All creative Agents, including especially ourselves, can effectively participate only as free agents. Dumbing-down Creation is not a winning strategy.

There is management by directive, and management by (mutual) objective. What are convictions, without courage?

Is love not blind? Love is trust. It is sacrifice. Without freedom, sacrifice is murder.... see kenosis.

The best possible creation is a balance of these competing motivations. None are exclusive.

Creation is of persons, by persons and about persons. What else can it be? What can persons be, other than freely self-creating, self-fulfilling, to the highest degree?

Last edited by dan on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 am

Dan wrote: Does omniscience obviate freedom?

No it does not. It accentuates it and brings it front and center to confront the harmonics of a universe where Beings wrestle with various concepts of good or bad.

Omniscience brings clarity to either the positive or negative character orientation. It could rather be argued which carries the most profound consciousness for creativity? The positive life or the negative death?

The harmonics of the universe respond most acutely to life orientation, does this not speak volumes about any being that achieves omniscience? Does not the variety found in the universe speak the same? Does not the tendency for the outrageous and the absurd and of humor speak volumes about a remote 2 strand dna group of beings where most of their dna construct yet remains to be utilized speak volumes?

Does not the splendidly detailed holograph we perceive of the universe speak volumes?

It's theme is not logical necessity. It's not optimization. It's nature; that character that comes from the construct created when any being makes choices within the ideas of either life and creativity, or destruction and nihilism.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Cy,

You speak of harmony.  Leibniz, the author of the BPWH, spoke of a preestablished harmony.  

Evil or dissonance is an essential component of harmonics, even when taken literally.  In music, as you may know, there is what is known as the wolf interval wherein we can have at most only 11 consonant tones in the twelve tone scale, leaving one of the intervals to howl like a wolf with respect to the others.  Much of classical music was invented in the elaboration of avoiding the 'wolf'.  The same might be said for societies in general.  Ernest McClain's 'Myth of Invariance' discusses how these technical seeming contrivances may also be found in the structures of our ancient cosmogonic 'myths'.  

In geometry we have the necessary existence of the irrational numbers, which drove the pythagoreans to distraction, and eventually gave rise to modern mathematics, not to mention modern music.  

Does not the splendidly detailed holograph we perceive of the universe speak volumes?

It's theme is not logical necessity. It's not optimization. It's nature; that character that comes from the construct created when any being makes choices within the ideas of either life and creativity, or destruction and nihilism.

What I'm trying to say is the Creation is a work of art, and that you and I are the artists, along with the cosmic intelligence, of course.

(cont.)
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:17 pm

You speak of harmony.  Leibniz, the author of the BPWH, spoke of a preestablished harmony.  

Evil or dissonance is an essential component of harmonics, even when taken literally.  In music, as you may know, there is what is known as the wolf interval wherein we can have at most only 11 consonant tones in the twelve tone scale, leaving one of the intervals to howl like a wolf with respect to the others.  Much of classical music was invented in the elaboration of avoiding the 'wolf'.  The same might be said for societies in general.  Ernest McClain's 'Myth of Invariance' discusses how these technical seeming contrivances may also be found in the structures of our ancient cosmogonic 'myths'.  

In geometry we have the necessary existence of the irrational numbers, which drove the pythagoreans to distraction, and eventually gave rise to modern mathematics, not to mention modern music.  

What I'm trying to say is the Creation is a work of art, and that you and I are the artists, along with the cosmic intelligence, of course.  

(cont.)

No argument on that you say...speaking of wolf...as in F#?

When I mentioned harmonics I was actually talking about the components of the universe as waves...harmonics...light encoded truths or compilation constructs particle behavior which responds to both perception and intent because it is programmable.

Everything existing in wave form, constantly in motion...all created by consciousness...many faceted consciousness contributed to by individualistic and group matrices contributors.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:41 am

Cy,

There is then just one thing standing between our worldviews.....

It is the question of quantity v. quality.

The point of the BPWH is that small is beautiful, but this sentiment is way out of accord with our modern, scientific sentiments. It is also out of accord with the biases of fundamentalist religions.

This, Cy, is why I speak of the Mother of all paradigm shifts. This is what I believe we are in for.

So, let me ask you, Cy, if you were God how big would your Creation be? This is something we might well discuss for the next several days. No?

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 pm

There is then just one thing standing between our worldviews.....

It is the question of quantity v. quality.  

The point of the BPWH is that small is beautiful, but this sentiment is way out of accord with our modern, scientific sentiments.  It is also out of accord with the biases of fundamentalist religions.  

This, Cy, is why I speak of the Mother of all paradigm shifts.  This is what I believe we are in for.  

So, let me ask you, Cy, if you were God how big would your Creation be?  This is something we might well discuss for the next several days.  No?  

Dan wrote:This is something we might well discuss for the next several days. No?

If you wish.

How big would my Creation be? To me this seems a alien question. I think in terms of quality without limitation. My Creation does not have 'size' limits. It increases with my perception. As skill increases so to does what is perceived and so to does the potential available to my contribution to the whole.

Limitation is a human concept. It only exists if you desire it. I'm not one who thinks in terms of limitation. I think in terms of awareness and quality. There are no limits except in focus of the moment.

Many people have themes operating within their lives. It is easy to slip into a mistaken belief that reality is limited in some way because the evidence available in human perception seems restrained by themes, foci, geis, or peaks in imagination.

But where do these originate? And for what purpose do they exist? That should, IMO, speak volumes about perception of size, extent, or reach of intent.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:46 am

Cy,

We speak of quantity v. quality........

Yes, for an omnipotent Creator, there should be no trade-off.  It should be upward and ownward in perpetuity.  

How can there be a limit to omnipotence?  

If the Creator is infinite, and we are finite, then there should be an infinite number of us, creatures.  

But, wait, Cy, who says that we are finite?  Who is placing limits upon whom?  

Yes, I know that you did not say this, explicitly, but it is, nonetheless, implied in your logic of limitless omnipotence.  

So, I ask you this..... Is God growing?  Is God evolving?  This is what many of us are thinking.  We project our sense of limitation onto God, and so we suppose that omnipotence is the power to expand into perpetuity.  Hey, why not?!  

We, humans, just by self-definition, are limited beings.  It would seem that we are limited in every possible way, except, perhaps, in our fathomless propensities for stupidity and cruelty.  

And, as if in compensation, we are born with limitless imaginations and notions of transcendence.  If we are created in the image of our Creator, why can't we be omnipotent, unlimited?  Why should we be saddled with these feelings of inadequacy, in the face of endless possibility?  

Well, Cy, here is my little MoAPS......

We are not limited.  Well, yes, we are limited in space and time, but, guess what, space and time are only an illusion!  It is just that illusion which separates us from our Creator.  With the MoAPS, the illusion of space and time will fall away.  We will awaken to the fact of our unobstructed universe.  

This is a scary proposition.  We are like the sleepwalkers, walking on the edge of a precipice.  We cannot be awoken too suddenly.....  lest we make a misstep.  
    ------------

There is another way to look at this question, Cy.......

Which would you prefer to be......?  One of God's children, or one of God's spawn?  

To suppose that there are an infinity of ensouled beings is to suppose that we are God's spawn.  And, in supposing that there are no quantitative limitations on us creatures, we are supposing just this.  

But I can hear the objections.........

If God is omnipotent, then there would be an infinite amount of love available for an infinite number of creatures.  No?  

True, but that's not the whole story, is it.......?

If we are God's children, then we are Family.  We are all just brothers and sisters.  No?  

But how many sibblings can there be, and still be brothers and sisters?  How can we even think that 10^10 of us, humans, could ever think of ourselves as just one clan or tribe?  And what is the difference between 10^10 and infinity?  

All the difference in the world, Cy!  This is the crux of the BPWH/SWH.  

All we are family.  And it even goes further than that...... We are all soulmates.  You and I are each a reincarnation of the other.  We are all timesharing the same soul.  How can that be?  This comes straight out of relativistic quantum physics!  

Can you think of a better way to create a Creation?  

But this is not all, not by a long shot.  

The bottom line of the BPWH is apocatastasis...... we all return to, become one with, our Source.  This is the universal salvation/redemption/Telos of Creation,

Every theology and metaphysic foresees some such reconciliation and empowerment, in the end.  However, these other systems either postpone any such denouement to an unforeseeable future, or they place its outworking entirely in the hands of an arbitrary/unknowable Creator.  

But would this be the best possible world?  Of course not!  

The best possible world is of us, by us and for us.  Why should we suppose anything less, on the part of an omnipotent creator?  

IOW, Cy, our return to the Creator is up to us.  It will occur when and how we, individually and consensually, decide will be the best possible denouement.  

Right, now, most folks, like yourself, will say, well, Dan, thanks, but no thanks.  

Has anyone of us ever been in hurry to meet our Maker?  Heck, no!

Does anyone of us wish to participate in deciding our own ending?  Would this not be tantamount to Suicide by consensus?  

Worm your way out of that one, Danny-boy.....!  Hey, no problemo!

The decision, you see, has already been made..... by us and for us.  We have met the Creator, and the Creator is us.  

Huh......??  

Yes, this is, of course, the crux of the BPWH/SWH/CTC/MoAPS - 4M/K/SoT/X2...... if anyone can still recall.....

We are home free.  It's all over now, but the shouting, and we'll have just as long as we want to shout about it..... a thousand years, say?  

If I'm not totally off base, Cy, the BPWH has been ensconced in our innermost psyches, since day-one.  Nay, it is the essence of the cosmic Logos that exists far beyond space and time, as well as right here and now....... especially Here and Now.  

But, hey, don't take my word for this, Cy.  You have only to take another look right inside your own soul.  

Date: April 21, 2015 at 12:34:25 PM EDT
    Subject: objections......?

Would Hegel, Leibniz or Aristotle have any objections.......

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t175p945-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2#6086 ?

Could any sane person object, other than a professional materialist, who is paid to wear blinders?  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:39 am

We speak of quantity v. quality........

Yes, for an omnipotent Creator, there should be no trade-off.  It should be upward and ownward in perpetuity.  

How can there be a limit to omnipotence?  

If the Creator is infinite, and we are finite, then there should be an infinite number of us, creatures.  

But, wait, Cy, who says that we are finite?  Who is placing limits upon whom?  

Yes, I know that you did not say this, explicitly, but it is, nonetheless, implied in your logic of limitless omnipotence.  

So, I ask you this..... Is God growing?  Is God evolving?  This is what many of us are thinking.  We project our sense of limitation onto God, and so we suppose that omnipotence is the power to expand into perpetuity.  Hey, why not?!  

We, humans, just by self-definition, are limited beings.  It would seem that we are limited in every possible way, except, perhaps, in our fathomless propensities for stupidity and cruelty.  

And, as if in compensation, we are born with limitless imaginations and notions of transcendence.  If we are created in the image of our Creator, why can't we be omnipotent, unlimited?  Why should we be saddled with these feelings of inadequacy, in the face of endless possibility?  

Well, Cy, here is my little MoAPS......

We are not limited.  Well, yes, we are limited in space and time, but, guess what, space and time are only an illusion!  It is just that illusion which separates us from our Creator.  With the MoAPS, the illusion of space and time will fall away.  We will awaken to the fact of our unobstructed universe.  

This is a scary proposition.  We are like the sleepwalkers, walking on the edge of a precipice.  We cannot be awoken too suddenly.....  lest we make a misstep.  
    ------------

There is another way to look at this question, Cy.......

Which would you prefer to be......?  One of God's children, or one of God's spawn?  

To suppose that there are an infinity of ensouled beings is to suppose that we are God's spawn.  And, in supposing that there are no quantitative limitations on us creatures, we are supposing just this.  

But I can hear the objections.........

If God is omnipotent, then there would be an infinite amount of love available for an infinite number of creatures.  No?  

True, but that's not the whole story, is it.......?

If we are God's children, then we are Family.  We are all just brothers and sisters.  No?  

But how many sibblings can there be, and still be brothers and sisters?  How can we even think that 10^10 of us, humans, could ever think of ourselves as just one clan or tribe?  And what is the difference between 10^10 and infinity?  

All the difference in the world, Cy!  This is the crux of the BPWH/SWH.  

All we are family.  And it even goes further than that...... We are all soulmates.  You and I are each a reincarnation of the other.  We are all timesharing the same soul.  How can that be?  This comes straight out of relativistic quantum physics!  

Can you think of a better way to create a Creation?  

But this is not all, not by a long shot.  

The bottom line of the BPWH is apocatastasis...... we all return to, become one with, our Source.  There is a universal salvation/redemption/telos of Creation,

Every theology and metaphysic foresees some such reconciliation and empowerment, in the end.  However, these other systems either postpone any such denouement to an unforeseeable future, or they place its outworking entirely in the hands of an arbitrary Creator.  

But would this be the best possible world?  Of course not!  

The best possible world is of us, by us and for us.  Why should we suppose anything less, on the part of an omnipotent creator?  

IOW, Cy, our return to the Creator is up to us.  It will occur when and how we, individually and consensually, decide will be the best possible denouement.  

Right, now, most folks, like yourself, will say, well, Dan, thanks, but no thanks.  

Has anyone of us ever been in hurry to meet our Maker?  Heck, no!

Does anyone of us wish to participate in deciding our own ending?  Would this not be tantamount to Suicide by consensus?  

Worm your way out of that one, Danny-boy.....!  Hey, no problemo!

The decision, you see, has already been made..... by us and for us.  We have met the Creator, and the Creator is us.  

Huh......??  

(cont.)

Dan wrote:But, wait, Cy, who says that we are finite? Who is placing limits upon whom?

No Dan, I did not imply that at all. You are speaking of the physical form not the actually body of BEING.

Everything physical around us is a consequence of consciousness...awareness...belief and intent. That includes the vessel within which you reside. Are there rules here? Yes in a manner of speaking.

However I never implied the individual is either finite or infinite...the individual is Conscious.

And the individual while interconnected and contributing to a Collective consciousness is NOT hive-minded. The collective is more like an interconnection network...a sort of consciousness internet wherein the individual connectors are barely aware they are 'plugged-in' to all the others. At this point only a shadow of the thoughts and consciousness are shared between connectors, but the day is coming when it dawns on everyone that the connections is very real and great things may be done together with it.

Humanity has barely scratched the iceberg...there's much more to be seen and done.

In this sense you cannot "meet" your Maker for you are immersed in its Consciousness every moment of your conscious individuality. You are already deeply connected to it...but like others around you, you are barely aware of that connection. Some are already beginning a greater awareness through Synchronicity. And as that awareness grows, it's teaching of each will become more distinct and personal and each person's ability to converse and receive direct perceivable response will become more distinct. No longer will true interaction be limited to sages or prophets.

This is a threat to all religions and doctrines for no longer will the many be controlled by the few through conscripted histories, theories, patterns of conduct, or false carrots.

Humanity has only begun its journey through consciousness. It is consciousness that is omnipresent...not necessarily omnipotent. Like any physical life form it (consciousness) goes through stages of development.

You're still trying to jump to college before completing kindergarten, I see.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 am

Cy,

Jumping the gun, am I.......?  

Yes, and no........

My question back to you, Cy, is..... what are we waiting for?  

You seem to be waiting for more progress, more education, more evolution, etc..........

How much is enough?  How much would satisfy you?  

Are you not ready to meet your Maker, Cy?  How about another thousand years?  

I'm not saying that we are going to meet our Maker tomorrow. No!

What will happen tomorrow is that we will wake up to the fact that our Maker is ready to meet us, whenever we feel good and ready.

How is that?  

Would this be too much for folks to assimilate?
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 am

Dan wrote:Does anyone of us wish to participate in deciding our own ending? Would this not be tantamount to Suicide by consensus?

Worm your way out of that one, Danny-boy.....! Hey, no problemo!

The decision, you see, has already been made..... by us and for us. We have met the Creator, and the Creator is us.

The Creator is us, you say....And I say that is only as true as the child is a partial mirror of the parent. The Creator and the Others existed in this Consciousness/Universe long before we ever came on the scene. Every race and specie out there is unique in some way. Each contributes to Consciousness in some way but at the same time is individual in some way.

If the human race suicides, mistakenly believing it with all its individual parts will return to the Source when it never was wholly separate from the Source, will only be committing a crime...to suicide in such a way destroys soul constructs not just the physical forms. That is a crime by the standards of higher universe. Murder. Murder is not natural.

Every race and specie in the universe is subject to possessing natural rights which is a construct of the Source, natures god. Physical bodies may come and go but those rights are attached to the souls. Do things which destroys the souls and you commit a crime.

It disturbs the universe and the Source anytime souls are threatened with destruction.

There are those on this world who have the proverbial matches and who believe in your "return all souls to the Creator" through soul destruction because it serves their purposes. Those who don't know the facet of this involving soul destruction but only believe it is about returning to the Source don't realize this is tantamount to a true extinction and that they will never rejoin the Source. Those who believe this deliberate act by the elites is only about destroying the physical because of a planetary ELE event which would destroy it anyway or cause great suffering for there not being enough perceived resources to get everyone through the coming bottleneck, don't realize that this will only throw mankind back into the stone age IF such a suicidal act is survived.

Is it any wonder this world has attracted so much of the universe's attention?

The choice you describe is NOT the choice of the collective. It is the choice of elites attempting to force their will AGAIN upon the many.

If such an attack occurs there are those who have been brought to and into this world to intervene despite the so-called rules. The elite will not escape punishment.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:19 am

Jumping the gun, am I.......?  

Yes, and no........

My question back to you, Cy, is..... what are we waiting for?  

You seem to be waiting for more progress, more education, more evolution, etc..........

How much is enough?  How much would satisfy you?  

Are you not ready to meet your Maker, Cy?  How about another thousand years?  

I'm not saying that we are going to meet our Maker tomorrow. No!

What will happen tomorrow is that we will wake up to the fact that our Maker is ready to meet us, whenever we feel good and ready.

How is that?  

Would this be too much for folks to assimilate?

To meet ourselves, as in becoming consciously aware of how much there truly is to humanity and its POTENTIAL, is accurate.

To be absorbed by the Creator in the manner you have described because of it "is ready to meet us" is inaccurate.

There is no disconnect between any living being and the Creator.

There is only consciousness of varying degrees.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 am

Now we're getting down to the nitty-gritty........

You keep supposing that our part of Creation is an experiment that may be about to go terribly wrong.........  

OTOH, you ask...... "Is it any wonder this world has attracted so much of the universe's attention?"

This is exactly my point...... Yes, we have become the Center of attention, but, guess what...... We have always been the center of attention.  

You know the warning about putting all of one's eggs in one basket.  But should this warning apply to God?  Is there any reason why God should not put all of her eggs in one basket?

Right now, I have to go visit a lawyer to prepare for my trespassing trial, next week....... trespassing at Grace Fellowship Church, that is.....

The whole point of christianity, as opposed to the other monotheisms, is that we are the focus of attention. I understand that you are not an xian, and I equally understand that Jesus and/or Paul may have been delusional. But maybe they got this one thing right....that we are special.

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:39 am

dan wrote:Now we're getting down to the nitty-gritty........

You keep supposing that our part of Creation is an experiment that may be about to go terribly wrong.........  

OTOH, you ask...... "Is it any wonder this world has attracted so much of the universe's attention?"

This is exactly my point...... Yes, we have become the Center of attention, but, guess what...... We have always been the center of attention.  

You know the warning about putting all of one's eggs in one basket.  But should this warning apply to God?  Is there any reason why God should not put all of her eggs in one basket?

Right now, I have to go visit a lawyer to prepare for my trespassing trial, next week....... trespassing at Grace Fellowship Church, that is.....

We have not always been the center of attention in the manner you are ascribing and the part of

"But should this warning apply to God? Is there any reason why God should not put all of her eggs in one basket? ".

Those pieces are a misnomer of Christian belief that was never intended and which has been cultivated by theologians and their structures.

Stephan Stanford AllNewsPipeline wrote:With six US citizens arrested within the last 24 hours attempting to join ISIS as shared in the 3rd video below from ABC News, 190 US cities have been 'secretly selected' to receive a massive influx of Muslim immigrants via the US State Department in their bid to 'destroy America from within' by creating a 'nation within a nation' within the United States. Residents of these cities have been left angry and uninformed as they have been unable to get any information from authorities about whether or not these 'new residents' are possibly members of ISIS with the intention of slaughtering Christians here in the USA. We also have received new information that ISIS may already be here in America, ALREADY beheading Christians

Source: http://www.allnewspipeline.com/Christian_Slaughter_In_America_Cities_Named.php

But having small errors of ego does not warrant the above noted by Stephan.

Notions of ego generally resolve themselves over time.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm