Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:17 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 am by dan

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 12:26 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 11:44 pm by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

» hobbit’s thread
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 1:00 am by hobbit

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
pman35
skaizlimit
Bard
Cyrellys
dan
Jake Reason
GSB/SSR
11 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

And for the insane, or other wise, we present:

Schroedinger's Cat is not Alone

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.4206v4

Beatriz Gato, Beatriz Gato-Rivera
    (Submitted on 23 Apr 2010 (v1), last revised 31 Mar 2011 (this version, v4))
    We introduce the `Complete Wave Function' and deduce that all living beings, not just Schroedinger's cat, are actually described by a superposition of `alive' and `dead' quantum states; otherwise they would never die. Therefore this proposal provides a quantum mechanical explanation to the world-wide observation that we all pass away. Next we consider the Measurement problem in the framework of M-theory. For this purpose, together with Schroedinger's cat we also place inside the box Rasputin's cat, which is unaffected by poison. We analyse the system identifying its excitations (catons and catinos) and we discuss its evolution: either to a classical fight or to a quantum entanglement. We also propose the BSVΨ scenario, which implements the Complete Wave Function as well as the Big Bang and the String Landscape in a very (super)natural way. Then we test the gravitational decoherence of the entangled system applying an experimental setting due to Galileo. We also discuss the Information Loss paradox. For this purpose we consider a massless black cat falling inside a massive black hole. After that we outline a method to compute the contribution of black cats to the dark matter of the universe. Finally, in the spirit of Schroedinger, we propose that next generation double-slit experiments should use cats as projectiles. Cat interferometry will inevitably lead to the `Many Cats' interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, allowing to shed new light on old mysteries and paradoxes. For example, according to this interpretation, conservative estimates show that decision making of a single domestic cat will create about 550 billion whole universes every day, with as many replicas of itself.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:23 am

Dan, this from Jack, today:

"We're not meant to save the world.
    We're meant to leave it." 
     -- INTERSTELLAR [November 2014]
    < http://www.interstellarmovie.com/ >

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:48 am

Many there are who continue to wait for ... call it ... salvation; but the Church has always taught that salvation has arrived, is here now, is not going anywhere soon, and lasts forever. Ie, "it" is not a sequential nor a chronological event ... has nothing to do with time.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:51 am

Moreover, man is capable of and practices having one foot in time and the other foot in eternity: ie, salvation "is already and not yet", both material and immaterial, in time and timeless.
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:52 am

"Moreover, man is capable of and practices having one foot in time and the other foot in eternity: ie, salvation 'is already and not yet,' both material and immaterial, in time and timeless."

Sounds like the multiverse.

"Other times are special cases of parallel worlds" which are embedded in an eternal and timeless reality.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:33 am

Date: June 21, 2014, 12:26:22 PM EDT
    To: Ronald
    Subject: Re: Extraordinary Beings

There was that phone call to Aliyah, last weekend, calling for my continued patience, and tasking her to find the One.  

You said that you would check on the source of the call.  

Is that call the sole motivation for the Search Team?  

On Jun 21, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Ronald wrote:

Sir Anthony,

Glad to hear you will be joining the Search Team.

Princess Aliyah N. is not from the "frozen far north of India."  Her history is available from http://www.wolfspiritradio.com/joomla/index.php/hosts .  Keep in mind that she is a Warrior Princess, in constant battle against evil in many dimensions.

As member of the Search Team, please report any potential findings to Mr. Smith.  

And good luck!  

Ron

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike wrote:

Xtraordinary Men Int'l

Hi Ron, I thought you'd become a trappist monk after your mate, Gordon Novel, kicked the bucket. Well well well, if its not our very own CIA Dpty Director, Science & Tech Div, Ron Pandolfi, 56, in Great Falls, VA and his mysterious Princess who, as it turns out, is his new wife, Aliyah Pandolfi. Hey, congratulations, Ron!! O, and, by the way, folks, Aliyah is a Princess from good ole Kashmir up in the frozen far north of India while I'm here in the baking hot far south of India. Anyway, Ron, me ole buddy, you can count me in on your Princess's new project, but as it is we've been running our X-Men Int'l project for donkey's years - so maybe we should team up.
    Yours in the battle for planet earth,

Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike (UK)
    Cosmic Research Foundation
    Markapur, A.P. 523316, India

To:  Anthony Pike
    Subject: Extraordinary Beings
    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:15:54 -0400

The Princess is sponsoring the Da Vinci Challenge to create a cadre of extraordinary beings to translate her ideas for a Best Possible World into actions. She is selecting a group of talented people to conduct the search for these beings who will report directly to the Royal Scribe, Mr Smith. Applications are being received for membership on the Search Team. Describe your talents, examples of how you have used the talents, and your proposed search strategies. Mr Smith will advise the Princess of the most qualified and diverse candidates. Would you be interested in participating? Ron

Princess Photo with Tiara.jpg
    Hmmm........

Gary,

Thanks for that quote from 'Interstellar'. I'm suggesting that, in accord with our divine destiny, we will do both.

Skai.....
    Moreover, man is capable of and practices having one foot in time and the other foot in eternity: ie, salvation "is already and not yet", both material and immaterial, in time and timeless.
    Yes, this is what Gary is unable to wrap his mind around. Eternity/timelessness is anathema to the modern minded.

What no one else is contemplating is that Creation is the eternal, best possible CTC. This is the MoAPS. We are the Divine bootstrap. It's just that simple, and in forty years, no one else has gotten it.

(cont.)
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Gary's "multiverse" is not what I've referred to. To postulate many universes but not a "grand" universe does not speak well of God's hospitality. What quality would make the "grand" universe perfect, and no other universe perfect? Btw, isn't my rhetoric here that of basic Plato? There are other ways of dealing with this idea though, one of which is faith. Why would we need faith if we could reason it all out? Wouldn't faith perhaps bring rewards not otherwise available?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:33 am

Date: June 22, 2014, 8:30:51 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Challenge of Interpolation

God speed with your search for the 'One'.

It is at cross-purposes with the idea of a MoAPS.  

On Jun 21, 2014, at 1:15 PM, Ronald wrote:

I think it is part of your challenge to understand interpolation between the search and BPWH. __Ron

Skai,

Gary is a lost soul.  He has made a fetish of the Multiverse, with all its pagan trappings.  

His hero is Max Tegmark, but Max has recently discovered consciousness.  Gary has no clue of what consciousness is, other than his being petrified by the many demons he has encountered therein.  

I spent many hours on the phone with Gary, but years ago he decided to resort only to written communication.  

With the BPWH, there is a renewed emphasis on reason.  Our country was founded upon the Cartesian dichotomy between the secular and sectarian Magisteria.  Such was the conceit of the Enlightenment.  

There was an extreme naiveté in that divorce of convenience.  Capitalism was built upon that schismatic foundation.  Modernism is its stillborn prodigy.  

I can see clearly, Skai, that you are a man of Faith.  When I have the temerity to bring reason back to that altar, you see an act of heresy, and that it is.  Jesus was rightly a heretic to the Jews.  I am that again.  

Sola Fide say you and many others.  It can be a great comfort to loose the bonds of reason.  Reason, though, has prostituted itself to the service of science and the secular.  I reclaim its transcendental roots, with which the philosophers still grapple.  I am a monist.  Truth and reason can know no other, in the eternal End.  

Let us hasten to note, Skai, that, in the Council of Trent, convened actually a few months prior to ML's escapade in Wittenberg, sola fide was declared anathema.  Works count, too, especially the workings of the mind.  Tell me that I'm wrong.  And, yes, to Martin, sola fide is just the definition of self-riteousness.  Look it up.  

Date: June 22, 2014, 10:51:32 AM EDT
    To: Dan Smith
    Cc: Princess Aliyah
    Subject: Re: Challenge of Interpolation

Dan,

The only reason we bother is to support your demands, so no action on our part.

Ron

Date: June 22, 2014, 1:39:35 PM EDT
    To: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike"
    Cc: Princess Aliyah, Ron

St Anthony,

(Or may I call you Tony?)

In any case, yes, we are facing significant time constraints, IMHO.

Until my wife, Debbie, intervened, the Princess and I had been focusing on D-day arriving by next June, at the latest.

In common (ufo) parlance, D-day refers to Disclosure day.

Then the Princess got a call counseling patience for me, and urging her to find the 'One'.

Ron then suggested the formation of a search committee, asking me to be the facilitator.

I, on the other hand, had been requesting the Princess' hand in the formation of a focus group. We now seem to be at loggerheads wrt the relative priorities. Perhaps you can help us in regrouping.

I would be happy to fill you in on the BPWH, in the meantime.

Dan

On Jun 22, 2014, at 11:13 AM, "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike" wrote:

Xtraordinary Men Int'l

St Anthony - tough questions, smart answers

Glad to see that our CIA buddy, Ron Pandolfi, 56, in Great Falls, VA and his Kashmiri Princess wife, Aliyah Pandolfi, and their associate, Dan Smith, 70, in Baltimore, MD are all working together for a best possible world which is that the world is coming to an end in 1000 yrs whether you like it or not and that'll be the best solution for all our problems. Yer, well that's the reason why people jump off cliffs, but in the case of planet earth it was decreed in the Bible that the world would come to an end 7000 yrs after Adam & Eve and be replaced with a new heavenly world. Well, its now 6000 yrs after Adam & Eve so looks like our best possible world buddies are correct. The only thing is that the Second Coming of Christ is now in doubt as he's supposed to come 6000 yrs after Adam & Eve ie. now, or more precisely on Thurs 30th May 2030. The problem is that other events have not yet transpired such as the 6th Seal earthquake and the 7th Seal judgments and also the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. Time, therefore, is running out and has in fact run out ie. we've run into overtime. Thus, the end of the world scenario has been accelerated to right now if God fails to intervene.
    Yours in the battle for planet earth,
    Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike (UK)
    Cosmic Research Foundation
    Markapur, A.P. 523316, India

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 am

You can have a multiverse and consciousness too, as Michael Mensky (Lebedev) has explained in some detail. And indeed, in his EXTENDED Everett Many Worlds, odd paranormal happenings are predicted by the theory.

http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/view/635

And even if you are a post-Bohm physicist like Jack Sarfatti, modern cosmology (based upon observation of our universe) is still predicting an infinite number of Level I bubble universes where all possible outcomes are played out. Level I is happening in the same space we inhabit, not in a quantum space like Everett Many Worlds.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:11 am

I should add in defense of Dan (!) that another option is the "simulated (designed) universe" and our present observations of dark energy and inflation, etc. are merely artifacts of the program in which we are embedded. In such a scenario, all bets are off, since it is presumed the laws of physics might be alterable by the programmer. Then we would ask, "Does the programmer of the universe have need to sample a database of possible outcomes (i.e. many worlds) to be omniscient?" A time traveler would, as an example, find an alternative future quite useful as a database for action (the obvious example being a warning of undesirable future events).

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:31 am

MENSKY: "The term “many worlds” evoked an image of many real (“physical”) worlds which exist simultaneously (say, beside each other). Actually only a single physical world exists, but this world is quantum, so that many classical projections of this world coexist in the form of components of the superposition."

"The many-worlds formulation of EI is in fact misleading. Instead, one may say that the alternative classical realities are separated in consciousness (Menskii, 2005). This means that the perception of each alternative is independent of the perception of the rest of alternatives. Therefore, the observer who subjectively perceives one of the alternatives, obtains an illusion that no other alternatives exist."

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Gary,

You're the man!  Both you and Max are inching your way home to the BPWH.  Yes, come to papa.  The (simulated) water is great, and so is the wine, come on in!  

Date: June 22, 2014, 2:41:09 PM EDT
    Cc: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike", Princess Aliyah

You sound like an elitist.  Are you a 1%-er or something?  

Or maybe you are looking for the cambridge/cosmic phone book.   My dad always said that if you needed 12 people to run the world, and you had the Harvard Board of Overseers at your disposal, you would do much better to merely choose the first twelve names out of the Cambridge phone book.  

On Jun 22, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Ronald wrote:

The Search is to find Extraordinary Beings to participate on the Focus Group.  This is to avoid simply selecting the usual suspects. __Ron

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Dan, I am curious if you ever came across the 1973 sci-fi novel "The Man Who Folded Himself" by Star Trek "Trouble with Tribbles" writer David Gerrold?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Folded_Himself

In 1975, Daniel Eakins, a young college student, is visited by his Uncle Jim. Uncle Jim offers to increase Daniel's monthly allowance for living expenses as long as Daniel promises to keep a diary. Shortly after, Uncle Jim dies, and Daniel inherits a 'Timebelt' from him that allows the wearer to travel through time and a diary which he starts to read. Daniel quickly learns how to use the Timebelt and makes a few short jumps into his own future. He meets an alternate version of himself, who accompanies him to a race-track where the pair make a fortune betting on horse-racing. The following day, Daniel realises that it is his turn to guide his younger self through the previous day at the races; through this and other events the time-travelling Daniel learns more about the belt, about the nature of the 'timestream', and about his personal identity.
    Daniel repeatedly encounters alternate versions of himself, ultimately having sex with himself and beginning a relationship with himself. He learns that the changes he has made to his timeline have erased all traces of his childhood and early life. Finding himself lonely and hoping to correct the situation, he jumps backwards in time, where he meets a female version of himself called Diane. He begins a relationship with Diane. Diane soon becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son. Shortly after, Daniel and Diane separate, and Daniel raises his son in 1950s America. As Daniel ages, he becomes more obsessed with returning to the relationship he had with Diane, and then with the thought of his own inevitable death. He spends much of his time at a house party set in 1999, enjoying the company of dozens of versions of himself at different ages.
    Daniel eventually realises that he has now become his Uncle Jim and that his son is actually the young future version of himself who will go on to inherit the Timebelt, and that his life has 'come full circle'. He makes preparations for after his death to ensure that the young Daniel experiences the same events that he did when he was the same age. The book ends with the young Daniel, who has read the now-complete diary, having to decide whether he will use the Timebelt.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Date: June 22, 2014, 4:06:24 PM EDT
    To: Chris L
    Cc: Dan Smith
    Subject: Fwd: Extraordinary Beings

Perhaps Chris has a suggestion. __Ron

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    To: Dan Smith

Hi Dan,

An "elitist" would select the Harvard Board.  Your Dad said it would do better selecting randomly from the phone book than the Harvard Board, but he did not say that a random search was the best option.  The best option is a concerted search using a variety of modalities followed by objective and subjective selection strategies.  Worse than the Harvard Board is the usual hangers at the local Tavern.  There many paths for you to take, but only one is the correct path.

V/r,

Ron

Date: June 22, 2014, 4:44:39 PM EDT
    Cc: Chris

It goes without saying that I would select the Bouncer before selecting any one of the patrons.  

Gary,

You are on the verge of describing our very own, best possible, CTC bootstrap Creation. I have recently been admonished to be patient.

Watch me being patient.....

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

"You can have a multiverse and consciousness too": no argument here.

The next question to deal with would be whether the "mind of man" is material or immaterial or both.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:32 pm

What about replacing each elected member of national govt with a foreign head of govt? I wonder how that would work.
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:23 am

"The next question to deal with would be whether the "mind of man" is material or immaterial or both."

These kind of questions are "immaterial" to the information physics paradigm since everything that exists and is communicated must have some form of physical representation. Even alleged paranormal phenomena produce an "imprint" on the environment, material or mental. It is easy to get caught up inside the baggage of human language.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Date: June 23, 2014, 5:48:19 PM EDT

Chris,  

There has been something of a new push for disclosure, coming mainly from just Ron and me, over the past month or so, but my wife, Debbie, is currently putting constraints on my participation, and things are presently in hiatus.  This present correspondence, initiated by Ron, was the latest development.  

Aliyah got a phone call, weekend before last, counseling patience for me, and urging her to find the 'One', and thus Ron's suggestion of a search committee.  

I, on the other hand, have been requesting a focus group in preparation for an imminent disclosure.  Ron suggests that these two purposes need not be exclusive of each other.  

And where did you and I leave off, in KC......?  

Below, you seem to adhere to the standard modern cosmology, with ET civilizations, etc.  My impression of the CTMU, however, is that it could be amenable to a premodern, geocentric cosmology.  Is this a mistaken impression?  

Dan

Gary,

I agree with you that Skai's questions are immaterial, since both of us are supposed to be monists.

But then, in that same sentence, you revert to a representational dualism, seeming to contradict your informationalism.

(cont.)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:05 am

Date: June 23, 2014, 10:25:21 PM EDT
    To: Dan
    Subject: What exactly is Ron up to in the search for the extraordinary?

I am curious.

Speaking of extraordinary beings and God, I did notice that SKorea idol Ryu Sera was reading this book while on location shooting a music video.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Lovesick-God-Answering-Longings/dp/0768439795

Gary,

You are showing clear signs of attending to a personal creator.  You may feel embarrassed about coming out of the closet of your formerly impersonal cosmology.  Yes, you used to beat your chest in defense of your modern macho materialism/physicalism.   It may fool yourself and the world, but it doesn't fool me.  

My sister, Louise, used to rail against the christian 'sheeple'.  And Cy does, too, we may assume, when not in plain sight.

Well, I do believe that we must stoop to conquer, and that we cannot be leaders without also being followers.  

IMHO, denying God makes even less sense than denying one's parents.  And, no, you cannot be fully human without being of woman born.  Can you, Gary?  

IMHO, non-christians simply wish to deny their own humanity.  It is just that simple.  

Now, Gary, back to your representational informationalism........

All the informationalists that I am aware of, other than possibly yourself, follow the dictum of 'it from bit'.

With your would-be representationalism, you are inverting that ontology by saying 'bit from it'.  

No??

Date: June 24, 2014, 12:03:04 PM EDT
    To: Chris
    Cc: Ron, Princess Aliyah

Ok, let's try this.......

The CTMU is anthropo-, geo-, theo-, Christocentric, 'by default'.  Full stop.....??

Where is the courage of your convictions, Chris?  

Is this the best possible world or not?  Is God hedging his bets?  Are you?  

WWGD?  WWJD?  They would not hedge their bets, would they?  

When you were a bouncer, did you ask your (inebriated) patrons to engage in what-if scenarios, or did you duck-walk them to the nearest exit?  

I need you, and so does God, IMHO.  Do you doubt your own significance within the cosmic schema?  If you have something of significance to impart to the world, do you truly suppose that God would allow the Harvard Board of Overseers to grind you down?  

The only God I know, gave his full measure without flinching.  Can we afford to do less?  

cc: (my responses only) OMF

12:30--------

The only remaining question is whether or not we have reached an historical juncture, quite possibly a juncture of biblical proportions.

Suppose not.......

Then you and I are premature.  But then we must ask ourselves, is it better to have failed at something that will eventually succeed, or to have succeeded at something that will eventually fail?  

And there is another way to ask this same question......

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?  

Has anyone ever truly wondered?  Have you?  

IMHO, only Christians can truly comprehend these questions.  

Others?  They have to struggle.  Mightily.  God, shed your grace upon them.  

I have suggested to Ron that we need another board meeting.  This would be the board of the KWF.  

This cannot occur until August or September.  

There continues to be a question of priorities.  Do we have time to save Kashmir without having established a plan for saving the world?  

I suggest not.  I suggest a parallel course, a course that will not disrupt our respective abodes.  Is this asking too much?  WWJD?  Bring a sword, or beat the swords into plough shares?  It is not a trivial question.  

Date: June 24, 2014, 3:04:16 PM EDT
    To: "Dan T. Smith"
    Subject: Question

Is Ron interested in recruitment opportunities for extraordinary activities for a BPW?

Of course.  Just don't expect to get paid, and don't call, if you get in trouble.  

Date: June 24, 2014, 5:10:55 PM EDT
    Cc: Ron, Princess Aliyah

Is there anything in the following line of reasoning that might be viewed as rocket science....?

Given that there is a coherent source of creation, is there any reason to suppose that there would be more than one self-contained creation?

If so, what would that number be, coherently speaking?

The lack of any reasonable answer should not come as a surprise.

OTOH, should not the singularity of the Creator be reflected in the singularity of the Creation?

Could Leibniz have seriously gotten this wrong?

And do you not have a serious clue as to the human significance of this cosmogonic question?

God the hedger? God has been ascribed many attributes in the course of history, but until now, never this one. Does it not call for discussion?

Einstein suggested that God does not play dice. I suggest that the only thing that God cannot do, is play dice. But he so much wanted to, even by proxy, that he sent his son to encourage the centurions to do so. This is my attempt at gallows humor.

(cont.)
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Dan:

"Information is physical." "No information without representation." 

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~bartlett/ISIT2005/1%20-%20Introduction%20to%20Quantum%20Comp.pdf

Is Ron accepting nominations? ;-) Is there a nominating committee?

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 pm

http://news.discovery.com/space/cosmology/the-higgs-boson-should-have-crushed-the-universe-140624.htm

This is where the BICEP2 results come in. If their observations are real and gravitational waves in the CMB prove cosmological inflation, the Higgs field has already been kicked by too much energy, pushing the Higgs field over the energy hill and deep into the neighboring valley’s precipice! For any wannabe universe, this is very bad news — the newborn universe would appear as a Big Bang, the Higgs field would become overloaded with an energetic inflationary period, and the whole lot would vanish in a blink of an eye.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Btw are we back to using "implausible deniability?" ;-) If so, let the games begin!

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Well, I was recently counseled with patience. But I may be the least patient guy around.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:07 pm

"Christian sheeple" implies no leadership. But Christianity is going strong today as it has since its beginning. How can this be, if there are no leaders?
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Hold yer hosses ... "all info is physical"? What about if you make stuff up? Eg, Plato and his forms ... those forms are physical?!
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Date: June 25, 2014, 3:06:08 PM EDT

Chris,

Is not the CTMU compatible with a teleological understanding?  

Are the Telos and the Logos not then closely related, logically?

You rightfully put great emphasis on the universality of the Logos.

However, countenancing more than one Creation would strongly imply more than one Telos and Logos, would it not?  

cc: (my response only) OMF
    Date: June 25, 2014, 3:18:31 PM EDT

(cont.)  

And, speaking of the Logos, would Jesus not need to be incarnated in each creation, almost as a matter of logic?  

It does seem that Chris continues to be quite uncomfortable in dialog.

I also wonder if Ron can overcome his domestic constraints any more than can I. We may soon find ourselves back at the status quo, ante.

N.B. that I say this with a sense of relief.

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am