Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:22 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:03 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+10
GSB/SSR
ScaRZ
pman35
Sparky
Nib
Bard
Admin
Mur
dan
Jake Reason
14 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Jake Reason Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

2:40pm EST

White Smoke 30 min ago.... Watching it live... awaiting the New Pope to walk out on the balcony. Vatican Guards and Italian Naval Soldiers marching on the steps of St.Peters Basilica, to the music of the Marching Band.

--------------------------

edit notice: This thread is the Part Two continuation from the original thread - last post here -

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t6p990-hello-cy-hello-omf-ii#2215

Last edited by Jake Reason on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Cy,

Thanks, yes, that would be one of several possibilities. Another would be to install linux, either in a partition or on an older laptop. What I need to do is create a linux bootdisk for an old laptop. In the meantime, one can continue using the apple version of email, or access it thru the cloud, and that is probably going to be defacto, soon, anyway.

Yes, I had not given much thought to the unboundedness of evil, but I don't think that makes much sense. The whole notion of transcendence is just to transcend evil, no? No, not quite so fast. Usually it is taken to transcend mortality and sin, with mortality considered to be evil. But what then if mortality is taken to be an essential part of the BPW? There must be a place where evil is given freer reign than here, in the BPW. But who would want to go there, besides Satan? Who else would wish to go there?

I suspect that Satan has more latitude in the BPW than in any other conceivable venue. Certainly he has a bigger audience here! Yes? Thus is Satan bound at the hip with God. Hold your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

Of course, we could just reinvent Hell, but it would be vastly scaled down from those Medieval extravaganzas, so beloved of authors and painters, of that era. But even they would have had difficulty imagining the Holocaust.

I should maybe get back to Paul and David, before I get back to Blender.

For David, as for most folks, pluralism/apeiron is the only escape from the BPW. But a physical apeiron is accessible only through an unbounded techne, or technology, and that would require an unbounded anthropic principle, which has never even been discussed. Just try to google it.

The unbounded future lies with the metaphysical. What is the Logos for Heaven? How does it relate to our physical logos? Are there atoms in heaven?

Is Paul going to have any answers?

(cont.)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri May 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Well I have never considered mortality to be evil. It is just one expression of many in Being. And it's a convenient way to recycle sets of experiences into evolutionary soul development at best and just a way to birth souls at least, depending upon your particular point of view. Basically, I think if you really want to learn more about the process the only way to do it would be to find a way to put a long leash on the soul, longer than that in a near death experience and track it through every step of the process with a means of reversing it and bringing it back to the original body to confirm discovery. How would you go about doing that when science today can barely register the matrix we call soul on any instrumentation is a question. Getting someone to volunteer for that kind of research is quite another. Science is yet far from its boundaries of possibilities although it is arrogant and naive enough to suppose it is not.

Cy

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat May 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Cy,

I'm reasonably convinced, and so are many philosophers, that the proof of the soul is already in hand. They tend to keep quiet about it, lest they run against the grain of their secular insttitutions.

Can we also prove that the soul is immortal? I suspect that we can do that, once we are able to see beyond our analytical/reductionistic noses. That means being able to see beyond the superficial reality of atoms. In fact, souls have an ontology that is reflected in atoms that exist in the shadow of our souls.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 12, 2013 7:34 am

Date: May 12, 2013, 9:29:33 AM EDT
    To: David
    Cc: Paul
    Subject: Re: Do you really

David,

Yes, I see now how clueless you have been wrt the BPWH, and it's mostly the fault of my poor pedagogy. Improving that pedagogy is the main reason for our conversation.

The fact that we are the braincells of God is one of the two or three most basic elements of the BPWH. How could I have failed to emphasize this?

But how else could we optimize the relationship between Creator and creatures, other than by having them joined at the 'hip'?

So, now, you'll have to forget everything you thought you knew about the BPWH, and start again, from scratch......

The point is the we are the figments of God's imagination, as she is of ours. Reciprocity is the name of the Game!

No wonder you don't believe in God. Your Yahweh is an abomination of logic, ethics and aesthetics. Welcome to the real world........

(cont....)

Date: May 12, 2013, 10:23:32 AM EDT
    To: David
    Cc: Paul
    Subject: Re: Do you really

(cont......)

Am I the first person to suggest this? I have not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I see it implied everywhere. It is precisely how we split the difference between theism and pantheism. It is what should be the key element of panentheism, but, somehow, they managed to miss the boat.

Ultimately, theology and philosophy will turn out to have been a conspiracy of dunces. I can think of no other explanation for this optimal historical setup for the MoAPS/revelation.

But, yes, up to now, we have been operating as in the larval and pupal stages of God's brain/mind. With the MoAPS, we break out of our cosmic cocoon, and become full-fledged denizens of VALIS, if you will.

This is what the aether is, it is the glial cells of the cosmic mind...... we being the neurons, proper. So, yes, you and I are the cosmic computer. This simple fact explains many paradoxes of Creation, and, in particular, it explains why Creation is singular and finite. It explains our primordial aversion to the Apeiron.

God is the Logos, we are the logoi. We are (logic) chips off the old Block.

Does that mean that the Cosmic consciousness is in sync with our shining Presence? No, God's Cs is not temporal in our sense. Her's is eternal. Our shining present is asymptotically approaching that eternal Presence, which is rather what the mystics are able to catch glimpses of. In this imminent Millennial kingdom come, we will all enter into the eternal dreamtime. Yes, this is also known as Nirvana.

Are we God dreaming that we are us, or are we us dreaming that we are God? It makes little difference. We have met God, and she is us.

I can just hear David screaming in anguish and devastation.... Where is the divine perfection?

The Kingdom, David, is within. I am not the first to point this out, now am I? David has never read the sermon on the mount, even. The perfection, David, is within........ just like Kant said..... I never fail to be amazed by the starry sky above, and the moral code within.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 am

Date: May 13, 2013, 9:46:58 AM EDT
    To: Paul and David
    Subject: Re: Responses......

(cont....4)

Paul,

'My' panentheism emphasizes the personal, or, more accurately it emphasizes the inter-personal, inter-subjective nature of the world. It is all about relationalism and monism. It is mainly intended to contravene the ontological dualism that, historically but not logically, has been endemic to the Yahwist tradition.

With its inherent pluralism, panentheism does undermine strict monotheism, which is the bane of the prophetic tradition, as opposed to the pantheist East. God is emergent from the society of sapience. We, too, are thoroughly social animals. God is in our image, and we are in God's. Reciprocity is the hallmark of this Relationalism, which is also the ground of Monism.

Mystics are natural monists..... everything is connected. It is holism on steroids.

Analogies...... the good, the bad and the ugly! In the realm of metaphysics, vocabulary is always grossly deficient. I'd rather use a bad analogy, than remain baffled. So I do refute Wittgenstein... of what we do not know, we remain silent. No! Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. That has always been my motto.

Find me a better metaphor, and I will pounce on it!

Speaking of which, I do like Entelechy! I never bothered to look it up..... lazy me.....

Entelechy........ is the vital force or energia that propels something to its self-fulfillment. Yes? I am certainly a vitalist, and vitalism may be less arcane.

Neo-Kantian...... one of the best worlds....? Nah, if I'm gonna make a mistake, might as well go all the way. Half measures in metaphysics are doomed to fall short.

(cont.....5)

On May 13, 2013, at 1:03 AM, Dan wrote:

(cont....3)

David,

Consequences for our actions.....? Of course there are..... It's just that they are not eternally fatal!

Anything besides the BPWH......? Nothing else is coherent. Who would want to belong to the Second Best World? It's a logical non-starter. The world of Science and every religion up to this point has, by self-admission, been incoherent. No?

Creating a VALIS in the future.......? This is oxymoronic, David. If it is possible to create a VALIS, then it already exists, and we are living in it. You don't even understand PKD!

Alpha and Omega......? They are the Aether and the Logos. Are they limited?

It's gotten late here........

On May 13, 2013, at 12:38 AM, Dan wrote:

David,

I understand that you would not be caught dead being a Yahweh freak. Neither would I.

Do I want to rig the game....? Of course I do! Who doesn't or wouldn't?

Us being cosmic brain-cells......? What higher calling? How about transistors in VALIS?!

Define Logos........? The Kingdom within!

Take all my assumptions as given......? They are the best possible assumptions. Would or will you prove them wrong?

(cont......2)

On May 13, 2013, at 12:14 AM, Dan wrote:

11:22 PM 5/12/2013

Paul and David,

I'm reviewing today's emails in a generally reverse order........

David,

VALIS vs. God.....? Get over it, David, I'm a monist...... all differentiation is illusory. That we may be living in a computer or in the mind of God is, to a first approximation, likely to be irrelevant. There will be ample time to argue over the differences, after the fact of finding out what the similarities are. I'm not paying you to split hairs or to be a Philadelphia lawyer. That's not why I came to North Beach.

Paul,

I'll be working in email mode for awhile......

Theism vs Deism vs Pantheism.......? I think I understand these, Paul. I favor a personal version of panentheism.

VALIS is central......? God is central. I find, as I explained to David, these concepts to have more similarity than difference. PKD was a Christian, after all.

Glial cells vs. neurons....? Yes, look it up, there is an analogy, that's all. The more metaphors we have at our disposal, the better will be the pedagogy.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon May 13, 2013 9:16 am

Date: May 13, 2013, 11:13:39 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Responses......

(cont.....5)

Paul,

>> We are ASIC's in the mind of God.<<

(Or as smart phones within the Cloud or Noosphere?) Yes, I like that..... the more metaphors, the richer the metaphysical landscape. Does it threaten to become cluttered? A Meinongian jungle? I think we are a long way from there, still.

Me..... a philosophical debauch?! Hey, if the shoe fits......!

Reason not just logic.......?! You, like a Welsh Sisyphus, insist on bringing coals to Newcastle.

We are the logoi within the aether that is the Cloud or the cosmic Noosphere. The soul and the logos are virtually indistinguishable. They both constitute the Living Word. And, yes, that is an Entelechy.

E8xE8 is an aspect of the Logos, but it is not a thing in or unto itself. It can only be understood within the context of math, which, in turn, can only be understood in the context of the Ratio/Logos/Nous. The Nous is the foreground, the noosphere is the background. The Nous is cosmic consciousness, and the noosphere is the cosmic uCs, or something like that.

The shining cosmic Presence......
    >> OK so that is your Omega point, which is joined to the Alpha point by the spark gap of self-excited cosmic consciousness in the loophole of your inter-subjective CTC?<<

Yes, exactly.

God have a pussy......? Mother Earth seems to have her fair share.

Is God transgendered, an hermaphrodite? Hey, why not?

(cont.....6)

Date: May 13, 2013, 12:12:05 PM EDT
    To: Paul
    Cc: David
    Subject: Apeiron reponses....

Paul,

Now we're back to the series on Apeiron.......your response from 5/12 7:36/4:36pm....

Soul......? >> Didn't Aquinas, for example, distinguish between animal and rational "souls", and
    didn't he teach that only the rational soul is immortal? <<

I like that. But there is only one 'immortal' sapient soul, which all sapient creatures share with God. This one soul functions like the single electron in the Wheeler-Feynman theory of that name. We are all reincarnations of each other and of God. Our egos are the strongest in this larval/pupal stage of development. We are, individually and collectively, undergoing metamorphosis. We need our egos as we migrate from our initial to final dreamtime, or from our original to final participation..... see Owen Barfield. Our egos only function inside the cocoon, which is breaking open as we speak. We then spread our collective wings and metamorphose into God, losing our individual identities in the process.

This is our redemption/apocatastasis, our at-one-ment with God. At most we remain as individual braincells. And do we lay awake at night worrying about the welfare of our individual braincells? I'm ok....they're ok!

The (sapient) soul is what connects us to the Akashic record, our RAM memory, in the Sky, while we are incarnate. The akashic record is the CTC. The world appears temporal and finite, from within our cocoon/bottle. But the bottle is embedded, as an essential component of Eternity. It is God's Dynamo..... God being the Virgin, therein or thereby.

The Soul and its silver thread, recirculating 10^10 times, is the warp of Creation. The aether is the woof. Yes, then the cosmic Soul is also the shuttlecock in the loom/womb of Creation.

(cont.....)

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Mon May 13, 2013 10:58 am

Dan: "Well, I now have my AMA license for flying drones. All I need now is a drone. Can anyone spare me a drone?"

Isn't it rich?
    Are we a pair?
    Me here at last on the ground,
    You in mid-air.
    Send in the drones.

Isn't it bliss?
    Don't you approve?
    One who keeps tearing around,
    One who can't move.
    Where are the drones?
    Send in the drones.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
    Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
    Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
    Sure of my lines,
    No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
    My fault I fear.
    I thought that you'd want what I want.
    Sorry, my dear.
    But where are the drones?
    Quick, send in the drones.
    Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
    Isn't it queer,
    Losing my timing this late
    In my career?
    And where are the drones?
    There ought to be drones.
    Well, maybe next year.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am

Hey Gary,

Long time, no see........ I'll try to parse your lyrics, later......

Date: May 13, 2013, 1:24:06 PM EDT
    To: Paul
    Cc: David
    Subject: Re: Apeiron reponses....

(cont.....)

Paul,

Responding to your msg of 5/12 9:13/6:13pm.....

>>Are you talking about the Hesiodic cosmogony associated with the Apeiron?

Or the metaphysics of the Apeiron as developed, for example, by Anaximander?

Are you alluding to the infinite unbounded? Or the undifferentiated chaotic? Or the primitive stuff of the world, the origins or beginning of reality?

Or all three? <<

I go for all of the above, of course. Unbounded vs. chaotic....? For the time being, allow me to conflate these two ideas, as clearly they must be related..... possibly under the rubric of potentiality/potency.

Origins.... primordial.....abyss of Genesis.....? Sure, but do keep in mind the origin implies a time frame which does not exist, beyond Ananda....

Your msg 9:17/6:17pm.......

Animal vs. rational soul......? Animals have an archetype/entelechy, but not a soul, proper, IMHO.

The sapient soul has unbounded access to the cosmic memory, for instance. It is transcendental, pure and simple.

But do keep in mind that love is the ultimate entelechy. (You'll regret handing me that word!) And love does, very decidedly, transcend the rational. This is what polarizes Athens and Jerusalem. Only the BPWH can reunite them.

Adam vs. Jesus vs. Second Coming (X2).........

They are one and the same, IMHO. They are the primary incarnations of the cosmic Logos.

How do they differ from you and me? Well, I do, on occasion, claim to be the X2, so the difference cannot be insurmountable. But, when I last checked, the CIA had my back, which is not to be sneezed at. Although, a Kashmiri adventure may put that to the test. I'm perfectly happy to leave this to the historians. I am an adoptionist, in most of these regards.

St George slew the dragon that is the CTC, by cutting a notch in it. That is our transcendental loophole, or the narrow gate, which defines our path to the Rapture. Jesus then functions at St. Peter. He is the key to heaven. My mission, if I choose to accept it, is to provide the key-code. That's all.

(cont......2)

Date: May 13, 2013, 8:50:41 PM EDT
    Subject: 9:29/9:37........

Paul,

Responding to your msg of 5/12 9:29/6:29pm......

>>What is a "gate of transcendence"? What kind of "transcendence"? Do you mean transcendence of the material world into non-corporeal spirit? <<

Being an immaterialist, I don't make an absolute distinction between the material and immaterial realms. It is a matter of degree, with 'heaven' affording a greater latitude of the spirit or greater powers of inter-subjectivity. But, correspondingly, there will be less latitude afforded to our individual egos. This transition will begin with the MoAPS, well before there is the 'rapture' or 'resurrection', which could occur within a couple of centuries.

>> OK so your idea is that there is a point on the CTC that is a unique beginning and end of existence? A discontinuity that is the anchor point of both cosmogony and eschatology? <<

Yes, there is a discontinuity in the Ouroboric loop, from the Omega back to the Alpha, wherein all sapient creatures are removed during the 'reboot' of the Earth. 144 million depart, 144 thousand return. Our descendants become our ancestors, thus completing the circuit.

>> OK it sounds like you regard the CTC as some kind of self-excited loop, with God at the alpha-omega loophole. A kind of God of the spark gap? Am I getting warm? <<

Yes! Go to the head of the Class. You get a gold star!

>> Far out. <<

Well, let's hope it's not too far.

Now, to your mesg of 9:37/6:37pm......

>> OK you want a cosmic container, a spacetime bottle to contain this CTC.

I need to know more about the CTC. Geometrically, is it a world line in spacetime? Or is it something more than that? <<

Well, Paul, I was kinda hoping that you would tell me.

It is a virtual reality projected by us, who, in turn, are projected by God. How can we inhabit our own projection? Well, we inhabit our own dreams. So, the world is a collective lucid dream, somehow coordinated by God. Or, to paraphrase the French, it is a 'folie a' 10^10.

But where does this leave the physics, we might well ask?

Yes, there is a major boundary problem between Earth and 'heaven'. What is our time-bottle made of? But I suspect that the Visitors routinely transit this boundary.

Yes, all of astrophysics is contained within that boundary. Obviously, the boundary is not contained within our space-time frame. Is the Sun, for example, inside or outside of the bottle? I would have to say that the question is ill-posed! In what are our dreams or thoughts contained? Are they inside our skulls? Inside the Cartesian 'theater'?

The ancient mariners supposed that, if they kept sailing in any one direction, they would sail right off the end of the Earth. How silly, we think! Soon, we will see our present ideas of space-time, in a similar light..... how quaint we were! The non-Euclidean geometry of space-time in GR can only partially prefigure the coming MoAPS.

A world is something that is asymptotically habituated by its denizens. The physics therein becomes increasingly rigidified, up until the point that the 'spell' is broken. Only then do we awaken from our slumber of materialism.

How do the Visitors infiltrate our Dream? Well, there is a semi-habituated portal or stargate. There is reciprocity in this habituation, between them and us. Those portals are about to become endemic. The Skinwalker episode is a case in point. There is a twilight zone. You don't want to play games with it.

(cont...... 9:37)

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 am

"The Return of the God Hypothesis"
    by Stephen Meyer PhD

essay pdf

abstract:

"Historian of science Frederic Burnham has stated that the God hypothesis is now a more respectable hypothesis than at any time in the last one hundred years. This essay explores recent evidence from cosmology, physics, and biology, which provides epistemological support, though not proof, for belief in God as conceived by a theistic worldview. It develops a notion of epistemological support based upon explanatory power, rather than just deductive entailment. It also evaluates the explanatory power of theism and its main metaphysical competitors with respect to several classes of scientific evidence. The conclusion follows that theism explains a wide ensemble of metaphysically-significant evidences more adequately and comprehensively than other major worldviews or metaphysical systems. Thus, unlike much recent scholarship that characterizes science as either conflicting with theistic belief or entirely neutral with respect to it, this essay concludes that scientific evidence actually supports such belief."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEpWIfXao8
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 am

Thank you for this, Jake.

This is exactly what all theists are going to have to start doing....start thinking, if we ever hope to save theism from the Scientific and Religious establishments.

Date: May 17, 2013, 11:31:42 AM EDT
    To: Ron
    Cc: Paul, David, Chris, Jack, Cy, Gary, Sam, Jake, Kim, Larry

Subject: Linux redux.....

Well, it has been a learning experience, and now I do have a real windows laptop.... I had forgotten what that was like, in the intervening three or four years.

OTOH, your original advice to put Linux on an old desktop was was the correct idea......

1.) Linux was never meant for laptops, and......

2) If you are dumb enough to insist on using Linux on a laptop, never, ever, try to run it out of a partition on a windows dedicated boot disk, unless you happen to be a lifetime hacker, who loves nothing better than to work from a DOS command-line prompt.

3.) Never, ever, try to upgrade Linux by more than one version at a time. In fact, there is nothing to try, because such upgrades are entirely unsupported, as you will discover, after a few quick hours of searching.

4.) So, unless you have the next to latest version of Linux, you must start out with a current Linux bootable disk. But if you have a late model laptop, you would need to, somehow, make your own bootable thumb-drive....... see #1, above.

So, what does this tells us, in reference to saving the world......?

Can saving the world be crowd-sourced......?

Christianity was, for the most part, crowd sourced. And it took many centuries to take over even a small portion of the globe.

How does Linux compare? Well, Linux is not entirely unlike my little MoAPS/BPWH, with u-soft and Apple playing the role of the Science and Religion establishments, respectively.

(cont.....)

Date: May 17, 2013, 12:36:02 PM EDT
    Cc: 10 others......

Subject: Re: Linux redux.....

(cont......)

Saving the world is going to be hackers vs. the PtB. It is going to have to be tweeted, somehow.

What does Linux have to do with tweeting the revolution? What does Syria tell us about that contingency?

It's all about the OS, and about Theseus' problem of how to rebuild a ship...... while it is out in the middle of a storm-tossed ocean.

12:30---------

David tells us that he has discovered a dual-dedicated laptop. Paul wonders, to me, why Linux, in the first place. Yes, that is an interesting question. As always, with anything involving R&D, there is both a trivial and a non-trivial answer. If you are not certifiably nuts, you will definitely want to stick with trivial u-soft/Apple answers. If your hobby is to rebuild ships at sea, then you might wish to think again.

(cont......2)

Date: May 17, 2013, 2:30:47 PM EDT
    Cc: 16 others......

(cont......2)

David stopped by Central Computer..... http://www.centralcomputers.com/ . They have five locations in CA, and one in China.

They actually sell parts for folks who wish to customize their laptops, and they will instruct you on how to configure dual boot laptops and desktops.

See, this is very much the problem that I have faced with Jack. Jack is an Apple guy, and he is very resistant to dual-booting, bless his apple heart.

So what do we do, supposing that we are Linus Torvalds redivivus.......?

Well, first of all, he did not start from scratch. He started with Unix. I can remember using Unix workstations. They were big in academia, back in the 80's, when I was a volunteer research/technician.

2pm---------

Paul suggests that one reason to use Linux is for security. And I ask..... for whom and against whom?

On the Unix wiki entry, there is an evolution chart showing a root going back to UICS in 1909!

Modern Unix was developed in 1969 by a group at Bell Labs. It was meant to be a multi-tasking, multi-user system working off of a mainframe.

I can remember using punch cards on an IBM mainframe at the Forestall lab at Princeton, doing montecarlo calculations for Uriel Nauenberg who was part of a Lamda-decay team at Brookhaven in 1964. That was my first exposure.

Fast forward to an IBM 7090 at JHU in 1974, when I was still using punchcards for the Baltimore City Homestead program for Palmer Clark, Bob Embry's brother in law. It was the first computer study of mortgage red-lining. We got the local banks to dedicate more of their loans to the inner city. In August, Debbie and I will be visiting Palmer in Las Cruces. His son is now training for drones at the NTS. We will get back to drones in minute......

(cont......3)

Date: May 17, 2013, 3:08:32 PM EDT
    Cc: 17 others.....

(cont.......3)

Drones.......? Let's not get ahead of ourselves......

My very first 'computer' was, in 1975, a TI portable terminal. It was the size of a small suitcase or a large, aluminum briefcase. When you took the cover off, it had an acoustic phone coupler, and red toggle switch for 10/30 baud, and a thermal dot-matrix printer. It was our director, Roger Windsor, who allowed me to purchase it, where I could dial into the JHU 7090 at 10/30 baud.

1pm--------

Rick wonders if Linux and shortwave radios have something in common, should we enter into choppy seas. Yes, I think that is a good analogy, especially if we think about SW repeaters. But do KIM that this is the BPW, and we may not have to freeze in the dark in caves with our SW radios. So, we're looking for something a bit more sophisticated, hopefully. And this brings me to Leopards on the Prowl at WolfSpirit radio, which is a small, mostly internet radio site, where Aliyah has begun to hang out.

And, back to Paul's question........ why Linux?

Ok, I was instructed to download DJ Console, which is a Linux/Ubuntu application, so that I could function as her Engineer on her next show, which is..... wait for it..... on drones, on Tuesday.

(cont.......4)

Date: May 17, 2013, 3:55:40 PM EDT

(cont......4)

And, yes, as Caryn and Paul suggest, sanity is definitely up for grabs, in this brave new world.

And up to this point, CK has, more or less, been tasked with the sanity of CL. No mean task, that. Don't ask me about our luncheon engagement with the chief of psychology at the acronymous agency, and, hey, that was back in ~'95.

But, now, back to our amazingly multi-tasking Princess, and, yes, this is an unpaid advert......

Here is one place to start..... http://www.alkareemfoundation.org/index.html

Now, where were we....... Well, the logo for AKF is 'Building a Brighter Future'. And the Princess has confirmed, in a personal communication, that the BBF is not entirely unlike the BPWH.

But, now, we might wonder who is in charge of this brighter future. This is a topic that emerges, on occasion. It last emerged in KC/MO, in a somewhat emphatic fashion. Well, this is not unlike Linus and Jimmy. Who the heck might need a 4M/K/SoT/X2, and, if such were needed, how might it best be implemented?

(cont.......5)

Date: May 17, 2013, 5:10:41 PM EDT
    Cc: 17 others.......

(cont......5)

Ok, so far, so good.......?

Then we come up against the PtB and King Herod...... What is the workaround for KH? Well, I continue to labor under the impression that R&D is the workaround, but, hey, I've been wrong before.

But, now, it seems that we do have RAD. Is there still a question as to who is in charge?

So, do we have a committee...?

Well, do KIM that a camel is a horse designed by a committee, and I think we may need a racing horse, for the time-being.

Nonetheless, there are security issues, which brings us back to the show on Tuesday..... and to drones.

Now, I was quite impressed when we attended a meeting of the local chapter of the AMA, which met at the Reston police station. There were about 12 members present, which is about how many folks attend the BGF. Aliyah handed out her posters for her next radio show, the topic being Drones Among Us. Now, Ron was quite explicit that this was an allusion to......

http://www.amazon.com/VAMPIRES-AMONG-Rosemary-Ellen-Guiley/dp/0671723618

Yes, it's just like the good ol' days.....

(cont......6)

Date: May 17, 2013, 5:40:01 PM EDT
    Cc: 17 others.......

(cont.......6)

So, you see that, at the Reston precinct, we did have something of a microcosm, which is kinda emblematic of the how this revolution has to work, if we don't wish to go back to the caves.

This is also about stone soup..... I bring a stone and a pot of water, and everyone else brings an ingredient. It just so happens that Aliyah seems to have volunteered to be the stone, as in Petrus, and you know where that went. Can we do any better, in this age of twitter? Maybe yes, maybe no.

So, there you have it.......

Drones vs. Linux.....?

Oh, yes, I almost forgot that Aliyah passed around the electronic guts of Ron's latest drone, and, again, I was quite impressed. It was one of three layers to be mounted in the cockpit of a 3D printed drone. I'm supposed to be designing part of this drone, using Blender, and, if I behave nicely, Ron will give me my own 3D printer. Well, I did not behave nicely when, after 2 days of attempting to install Linux on my Asus laptop, I went ballistic, with a rocket fueled by ethanol.

Well, you get the picture...... So, this is just an attempt at a recap or recoup.
    Date: May 17, 2013, 6:10:15 PM EDT

And Rick has sent me this....... http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ueEpWIfXao8

Let me know what you think.......

Yes, that is the link just above.......

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri May 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Interesting day, Dan.

You were in a Riddler mood.

Glad to see you're safe and sound, we were worried about your absence. Oh those pesky OS. They can be more onerous than afghan hamsters. I think
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 19, 2013 7:42 am

Date: May 19, 2013, 9:32:00 AM EDT
    To: Deborah
    Cc: "D. Throop
    Subject: Re: Hi

The Preakness was an upset, but I don't remember the names. I'm sure that Throop can fill us is.

This pm is the BGF, and I may have to fill in for Sam, if their plane is late, back from Boston. One of the people involved in the water pollution lawsuit against a Purdue farmer on the eastern shore, will be speaking. Purdue was prepared to settle out of court, but then the national chicken lobby intervened, with their top guns, and turned it around, and won the suit, with the judge awarding the farmer a million dollars, for what he declared to be a frivolous action on the part of the Univ Md law students, who have now quadrupled their student debt. In the flyer we sent out, we were not even allowed to mention the suit.

Have a safe trip tomorrow........

Chicken sheds, big ones, up to four per small farm, are endemic on the Eastern shore. Considering how many billions of dollars of chicken are consumed each year, nationally/globally, it is one of the biggest industries around, and I suspect that it will soon replace most other forms meat production on the planet, including even many fish-farms. Well, I wonder which has a lower carbon print and EROEI per pound of protein..... chickens or catfish?

And, yes, I'm still recovering from the Linux meltdown. And on Tues is the Princess' 2nd LotP show on WolfSpirit, this one on drones. Remember, I'm supposed to be the sound engineer. Ron has already recorded a theme song. I guess we'll also do.... up, up and away...... Just don't tell the recording industry sharks. Or should we use the USAF theme, depending on your politics.

Since I know only what I tell you, I am free to speculate about LotP, etc. There are two competing theories, at this point..... enhance vs. distract the BPWH, and they both might be correct.

Enhance....... Aliyah is our stalking horse, being the princess of Kashmir and all. Ok, so we use LotP as a launch site for RFK. From there, we launch into L*hore. From there, we take over the world. Yes?! How many months should that take? How many do we have? It's Shambalah/Shangri-la, or bust. No? Well, we alread have the makings of the KAF!

Any better ideas?

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am

Oxbow won the 138th Preakness Stakes.

Good for the Judge and the Farmer. Maybe those chasing farmers would better spend their time dealing with the radioactive pollution emanating from various power plants and the same danger posed that Fukashima is experiencing...speaking of water pollution did they miss all the dead animals that turned up on the shores of South America again? And we didn't hear them screaming when the Obama Admin bumped up the acceptable radiation levels to hide the influx from the disaster in Japan. I suppose chasing farmers producing food is more important than the ecological disaster of the radiated Pacific and the Corexit mess in the Gulf that has not only disturbed the food chain, poisoned the water and rains, but is still being fished and served up on your table? By all means chase a few chickens in the name of water quality - is this hypocritical or a matter of being ill informed and misdirected? And that doesn't even touch what the chemtrailing is doing.

Ok you can scream conspiracy theorist now. That's the scapegoat of the 21st century to hide the lack of reading and situational landscaping. Right? Is it a conspiracy theory when the USDA forces a whole pig farm populated by rare heirloom breeds have to be put down because of the shape of their tails and the variations of color? Is it a conspiracy theory when a single mother homeschooling her daughter and running the family dairy gets SWAT teamed because her dairy produces milk? Or is it a conspiracy theory that the same federal system is going after raw milk producers and vegetable stands in other states because the entire national food production system prevents them from controlling the population and its health?

Grin. Nah. That can't be happening here!

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Cy,

RAW is my mentor......... Reality is the sum-total of all conspiracies ever imagined.

It seems, Cy, that your imagination has difficulty penetrating the Earth's biosphere....... What about the ETs and UTs? Where do they fit into your theory?

In the meantime, and IMHO, we had the best ever meeting of the SfA, this morning. And soon, I'm off to co-host the BGF, with Sam, returning from Genya's 50th @ Holyoke.

Besides some of the most heayduty theology, yet.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_theism

we did also, in the rump session, discuss the following......

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrotor .....

.... this being apropos of.....

http://www.alkareemfoundation.org/protect-snow-leopards.html

But now I have tp run to the BGF......

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun May 19, 2013 6:00 pm

dan wrote:Cy,

RAW is my mentor......... Reality is the sum-total of all conspiracies ever imagined.

It seems, Cy, that your imagination has difficulty penetrating the Earth's biosphere....... What about the ETs and UTs? Where do they fit into your theory?

In the meantime, and IMHO, we had the best ever meeting of the SfA, this morning. And soon, I'm off to co-host the BGF, with Sam, returning from Genya's 50th @ Holyoke.

Besides some of the most heayduty theology, yet.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_theism

we did also, in the rump session, discuss the following......

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrotor .....

.... this being apropos of.....

http://www.alkareemfoundation.org/protect-snow-leopards.html

But now I have tp run to the BGF......

None of the things I pointed out were conspiracy theory Dan. They were cold hard facts especially from those farmer's perspective because the actions of a government saturated with over reach of power and carbons sequestration, i.e. carbon taxes on the mind was devastating to them.

I don't have any problem diving into the biosphere, I did take two years of college Biology. But I wonder if you are talking carbon taxation, or microbial biomass and nutrient cycling? The language of carbon imprints and sequestration is synonymous with carbon taxation, a means of funding global governance run by the reps of public-private partnerships ensconced in policy formulation organizations like the Council on Foreign Affairs, Bilderberg, National Security Council, and yes even PI-40 and the Jason Group who dream up sugary sounding ways to fund the objective. Government for the corporations by the corporations under the guidance of transnational central banks.

The cycles for carbon, nitrogen, sulfur and phosphorus, all of which are elements important in soil fertility, require continual contributions in the form of mineralization of raw organic materials by soil microbes, those created from raw organic materials produced by living animals, which enable the the liberation of carbon dioxide through microbial respiration makes possible the continued photosynthesis (i.e. carbon dioxide fixation) by algae and green plants which in turn produce more organic materials which may ultimately reach the soil, thereby completing the cycle.

Carbon is good. A rich carbon environment is the primary component in healthy productive soil and soil organisms which contribute to the process.

Carbon print'ing is about limiting carbon resources for financial benefit. Limiting a resource drives up the value, enables limited resource consolidation and makes enrichment difficult to impossible and thus injurious to the life cycle. That is poor planetary stewardship, but yes making slaves of every individual on the planet to planetary taxation and regulation, where everything is regulated for financial gain would certainly be profitable to the top of the food chain.

For example: The vehicle you drive is regulated several different ways. You pay taxes on fuel, vehicle purchases, toll fees, property taxes to pay for road construction, liability and comprehensive insurance which primarily feeds the insurance companies at the trough, plates, plate tags, taxes hidden in the purchase price of vehicle parts for repairs, emissions, and so on.

You can travel down the line of almost every aspect of human life and find a half dozen or more forms of regulation and taxation for each...so isn't carbon prints grand when they represent more ways to be taxed and regulated? You already require a lawyer to advise you on 3/4 of your life because you can't humanly live and remember all the laws and regulations and taxes and social mores you are subject to....

oops did I say subject to? Yes I did. You are a subject, a plebian, an indentured servant to system. Funny huh?

My ancestors bought their freedom in the Laconia Colony with five years of indentured servancy to the Company only to be abandoned without the promised supplies after fulfilling their end of the bargain. And now my generation, residents of a grey world sells it's high-born soul for a pantheon of simplistic sight! Abject regulation is slavery and it respects no living being or living process.

Cyrellys

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Cy,

It sounds as though you are an anarchist. If you had the responsibility, how would you deal with governance, or is that too strong a word?

Well, things seem to be moving forward on three fronts, back here........ GFC, BGF and RAD/LotP. So we could say it was the best day, yet, but if you had asked me two days ago, it would have been the worst yet. Does there have to be this up and down? How much is purely subjective?

If I were writing an email to Paul and David, this is what I would be saying, and in the meantime Paul is researching Godelian CTC's, but I have ADHD, so this is what was working on last night......

This came from the Feb '13 issue of Sci Am..... Building Blocks of Memory, which I'd picked up at an A/P, maybe on the way to KC/MO...SF....

Look, I've always had a hunch that memory might be the soft underbelly of Scientific materialism, and, IMHO, this article comes close to be the smoking gun.....

It describes in layman's terms how the neuroscientists keep flip-flopping between the two extreme views of memory...... distibuted vs. localized. The latter view being also know at the grandmother-cell hypothesis (GCH). The present authors are supporting the GHC.

One thing I've been looking for is a guestimate on the memory capacity of humans. Here's what Quiroga et al. come up with..... The prototypical GC consists of 1,000 cells, and the average human has 10,000 concepts that are readily accessible. Ok, let's do the math.....

The average human needs only ~10^7 neurons to have a functional memory. But we humans have ~10^10 neurons and ~10^11 glial cells. Golly, it seems that we need only to use one thousandth of our brain to hold all of our memories. Now, am I missing something, or does this make just about zero sense? Is this computing or not....?

Let's try another example........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_(computer) ..... remember Jeopardy, back in 2011? In the wiki article, there is much mention of the software, but almost no mention of the hardware, such as the size of the ROM. Now, look, Watson was not a PC. It was big-iron..... >> gigabyte. Now, I was in Best Buy a week ago, and a half a T-byte thumdrive was going for 20 bucks. How many T-bytes does a single server rack hold? Let's say a thousand T-bytes = 10^15 bytes. Yes? But, wait, according to Quiroga et al., you and I need only 10^7 neurons. How many bytes in a neuron, we might wonder? I defy you to find any such estimate in < one hour of searching. It does seem that we might be looking at the soft underbelly of materialism. No?

These are the best two measures of memory that you are likely to find on the internet, and they are not even in the same ball-park. But this is not the real problem........

Out of those 10,000 concepts, let's pick a random one..... oh, say, love, just for instance. How many bytes are there in love? Hmmm.......?

Well, how many bytes does it take to make the world go 'round? And, then, let's add to that a pinch of Quine's holism....... http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/quine/#Mea

But, wait,...... speaking of Wiki, how many bytes in Wiki, pray tell? Does anybody wish to look this up? How do we compare Wikipedia with you and me? Who is smarter? Who knows more.... you, me or Wiki + Watson + state of the art AI?

Here's another way to look at this question........ what is the IQ difference between us and the monkey's? Let's look at the hardware and software. Well, let's say we have ten-times as many neurons. But what is the software or boot-code? Would it not be related to the DNA? Our DNA is 95% identical with the simians. Yes? What is the IQ difference? Is it measurable?

Here is another cold hard fact...... the entire nervous system of a nematode has been duplicated in silicon, down to the very last neural connection. How much hardware, software and DNA does that take. I do not believe that anything more complicated than the nematode has yet been attempted, and billions of dollars have been spent on AI, and how may of those folks spending those billions also believe in strong-AI?

If I were in charge of investing those billions, I think I might ask someone to do a feasibilty study. Well, I defy anyone to find a better strong-AI feasibility study than the one I have just performed, in the last three hours, for free.

Does any of the above compute? Does any of it make sense? Can you find anything more computible or sensible on this question that inolves not only billions of buck, but may also be the most important single fact of human destiny?

Do the above locution give you any sense of my amazement about who is minding the store, when it comes to questions of human destiny?

Will you forgive me for wondering if, by default, I have been appointed the store manager? If not me, then who, pray tell? Quiroga et al.?

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon May 20, 2013 12:30 am

IQ?

What if the first shall be last, and the last shall be first? Then what potent affords IQ?

Who can compose songs and play several instruments without lesson? How many Ivy PhD's envy they who are deemed lessor?

What kind of person has changed history more than any other? How are they measured? And Who can measure them?

Who shall be first? Who shall be last?
    Why?
    By what measure shall their future be framed?

Who can answer these questions? What does it mean to be wise?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 am

Anarchist? where do get biosphere function as a form of Anarchy? Either literally or philosophically?

I think what way too many people forget is that we lived without this degree of regulation the majority of our existential years as a nation. And the nation was not a state of anarchy.

So asking if I'm an anarchist when you know darn well I'm not is a deflection.

Avoiding the issue of carbon taxation?

I'm not saying we shouldn't have global governance. But we have a covey of unresolved issues that make the leap unfeasible just yet. The system instability: economically, over reach of power, disrespect of natural rights and principled conduct, system corruption, and more.

Your global kindred heap a pile of corruption compromised from the start upon a multi-faceted original pile of instability issues and what you have is a train wreck looking for a place to happen.

I've come to appreciate the K.I.S.S. method of life. And that sometimes a thorough house cleaning is a great thing. Especially if you can return to a less is more philosophy based on what you know has worked well in the past.

The more complex a structure is, the higher the probability is of some sort of failure to bring it down. That isn't something you can continue to run expecting it won't eventually strip you of some rather important limb or worse. It isn't something you can build a wider infrastructure around. Especially if the new infrastructure accentuates what was wrong with the old or worse repeats it.

That isn't Anarchy, Dan. That is a throwback to the best of the Age of Reason to find and apply what worked in a modern context with core values intact.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon May 20, 2013 9:54 am

Jake,

Shall the last be the first.......? That is what Jesus has said. He said it, and I believe it! What you do unto the least of you........

We all share the same soul and the same destiny, which is our at-one-ment with God. In that sense I surely believe in universal salvation.

The Kingdom is within...... Our hearts and minds are beyond all measure. Each of us has our direct transcendental access to the mind of God and to the cosmic memory, which knows no bounds. It is time for us to crawl out of our Earthly cocoon, and spread our wings to the cosmos, beyond space and time. The great wedding feast in the sky, our cosmic Communion. We stand at the threshold of Eternity. The Visitors are prepared to be our Midwife. We are God resurrected, following in the footsteps of our Logos/teacher. We have met our wardens, and they are just us, and all our fears of God. The hopes and fears of all the years are born in us, tonight.

We are all to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. I try, and once in a while I succeed.

Cy,

My question to you about governance was most sincere. I have no clue. Who will be King in God's kingdom, other than God? Do we need another priestly caste? I sincerely doubt it.

Will it work out? I sincerely believe so.

If we can avoid bloodshed, all can be saved and all forgiven, almost in the blink of an eye. Will it be capitalism or communism? Both of these have had their spell in the Sun. Now it will be the Sons and Daughters.

As we become more focused and cognizant of our Destiny beyond the stars,
    Earthly concerns will fade by degree. There will be a temporal division, as a few of our descendants metamorphose into our ancestors, as our ouroboric circuit of life is completed. The Omega embraces the Alpha. Creation is forever, the new Heaven and new Earth are already present within us, ready to burst forth, as we embrace eternity. The visitors will help to show us the way. They are here only for us. They have no other business.

Is this just poetry? It is what we have always known in our hearts, and now we begin to let them speak and sing.

This is what we are doing right here and now, thanks largely to you, Cy.

1:30----------

Closely related to the problem of memory is the problem of perception and recognition.

Quiroga et al. are simply reviving the idea of the 'grandmother-cell'. This is the neuron that habitually lights up, when you recongnize or think about grandmother. And they do provide solid evidence to this effect.

We can simply consider a facial recognition program that is designed to pick your grandmother out of a lineup, and when it does, a little light flashes on the console. That would be an equivalent system. To personalize the matter, the authors refer to a Jennifer Aniston cell, or small group of, say, a thousand cells, serving this 'mental' function. Allow me to be a bit more quirky, and choose Greta van Susteren as our POI.

Now, here is the comes the crux of the matter, for mind, matter and memory....... Being an immaterialist, I logically favor the notion of direct perception, qv. When I see Greta, or a tree in my back yard, my eye/brain is not acting like a camera/projector in a cartesian theater. Rather, both Greta and I are ideas in the mind of God. We are both more like Leibnizian monads, without metaphysical eyes or windows. When I recognize, relate to or remember a tree or a person, there is a direct link between our souls or archetypes, actually unmediated by space and time. Physical proximity is an artifact of our metaphysical isolation from God. Two lovers, not likely Greta and me, are but a dim reflection of our union/separation wrt God. Hey, folks, don't try this at home, and, for sure, don't let your kids grow up to be metaphysicians! Well, Sydney Hook did try to warn my dad about me, but much too late, it seems.

It is the separation that is the illusion, that we call Creation. I must be a Buddhist. Not quite. We leave God so that when we return we will know her/us for the first time. I sort of know Greta, in that biblical sense, unrequited though it may be, or because unrequited. And that is the only way we can ever actually know the Gretas and the trees of Creation. Ode to a Grecian Urn? With God? There is the difference between Buddhists and Christians. We Xians can have our God and eat him/her, too, but don't try it at home.

So trees must have souls, just as the pagans say, otherwise how could we ever see them.... or smell them? Do the crabs have souls, whose remains I forgot to put out on the street this morning? Well, their aroma does go to high heaven, bless their little hearts.

God knows Greta and me, and we both know God, because we are both God. That's how I can know her. That is how I perceive her, even if being impersonated on TV or caricatured by a cartoonist. The cartoonist/impersonator is acting as a God surrogate. We all are! And what about the 'physical' aspects of the TV equipments. Did God order all that, too?

Why bother with TV, if we are all remote viewers? Yes, what is all that technology about, anyway? The technology is to prime the pump of our realignment. It is our step-ladder, back to heaven that will be set aside as we get further into the transition. It is there to support our fragile, vulnerable egos, as we go through this molting process. We all end up in the same place, but there is a bit of jostling along the way, arranging and rearranging. Our WWW is but a precursor or test bed, if you will. The information explosion is the logical precursor of the implosion, as we make the gestalt switch from correspondence to coherence.

But, wait, if we are serving as God's braincells, then is the Greta-cell the same as Greta? Where is the holism in that? Where is Greta in the hologram? Or what happened to the hologram, itself. Or, on the quantum analogy, we have Greta the particle, but where is Greta the wave? This is where the Quiroga model of the mind runs into a bit of difficulty.

We are social animals. We make society, and it makes us, quite analogous to creatures and Creator. Well, the socialists do go a bit overboard with this analogy, bless their hearts. The reciprocity cannot be neglected, as Jesus reminds us, in spades.

This may be why some folks can get so paranoid about the UN/NWO. They see it as a potential short-circuit of the Creator. And they do have a point. It is another precursor, as is every governing structure.

As the Eschaton approaches, do we transform from particles into waves? Hmmm....... One might think it would be the other way, if we view God as the omniscient observer, collapsing our wave-functions, on Judgement Day, or is that a two-slit experiment, if you'll pardon my little quantum joke?

I'm suggesting that maybe God should not watch the slits, lest the butterfly interference pattern get washed out. You know what happens, or not, to a watched pot. God, did you get that bit of advice? And, forget God, where does this leave poor Greta? What is her Schroedinger state? She is a bit less able to fly under that radar than most of us lucky devils.

And where does the www cloud fit into this...... information implosion? Is a storm brewing? Do we need some cloud-seeding, or maybe just an EMP event? Ouch. We might hope that our sky brothers have that covered.

Ok, so why isn't it just the information implosion that is the wave-function collapse? Well, there must be a kind of Fourier duality that is going on here, and I just don't quite see the other side of it. It must be the butterfly that is on the other side of the resurrection slit/split. Well, it is like the NDE, where our lives pass before us, in an instant. That is an info implosion. That is also what mystics report, on a more cosmic scale. That is a God's eye view of eternity.

Instead of the traditional double-slit of J-day, we might go with a diffraction grating, where God is at the end of the rainbow. Rather more organic, I would say. Our little ego-drops create the rainbow when the Sun is in the right place. That is the butterfly, like the compound eye of the insect, the eye in the sky. The Sun-dogs, I will leave you for homework. Am I beginning to sound like a pagan? Well, I do try.

Our NDE is the Resurrection/rapture, all depending on your PoV. But how do we practice? We must be practicing every day. And, again, where does this leave us and Greta? All we have to do is act naturally, which can be easier said than done. As much as possible, it is baby steps, up until the actual MoAPS, which is a rehearsal, of sorts. What else is it? How is it analogous to the rapture? Certainly in an implosion sort of way.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon May 20, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 am

dan wrote:Jake,  

Shall the last be the first.......?  That is what Jesus has said.  He said it, and I believe it!  What you do unto the least of you........
    Thank you, Dan.
    More to my point was, Who shall be first?, who shall be last? and Why?  Can wisdom discern the answers?  I think, yes.  Then by what measure will judge?  I reside, it will not be by earthly wisdom.

We all share the same soul and the same destiny, which is our at-one-ment with God.  In that sense I surely believe in universal salvation.  
    But what of the tares?  Shall they be saved?  Those who diminish the flowers from flourishing.  Should their reward be equal? By what G-dly wisdom would such be justified?  Has heaven succumbed to political correctness?  Forgive the tares, for if you were born of their seed, you would have done the same.   It's not their fault, their father was a mother beater.  By what measure, Dan?  

Imagine Dan, if all the tares were burned.  And the memory of them passed away.  And all that remained were flowers.  Then, all in G-d's bosom would be saved.

Would you have a problem with that?

Last edited by Jake Reason on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Quote from my Facebook post last night:

May God grant that there is no Heaven without coffee, ornery horses, and Dandelions!

"Now I happen to like dandelions a lot. They cover my yard each spring with fine yellow flowers, with no help from me at all. They mind their business and I mind mine. The young leaves make a spicy salad. The flowers add fine flavor and an elegant color to a classic light wine. Toast the roots, grind and brew, and you have a palatable coffee. The tenderest shoots make a tonic tea. The dried mature leaves are high in iron, vitamins A and C, and make a good laxative. Bees favor dandelions, and the cooperative result is high-class honey.

Dandelions have been around for about thirty million years; they're fossils. The nearest relatives are lettuce and chicory. Formallclassed as perennial herbs of the genus Taraxacum of the family asteraceae. The name comes from the French for lion's tooth, dent de lion. Distributed all over Europe, Asia, and North America, they got there on their own. Resistant to disease, bugs, heat, cold, wind, rain, and human beings.

If dandelions were rare and fragile, people would knock themselves out to pay $14.95 a plant, raise them by hand in greenhouses, and form dandelion societies and all that. But they are everywhere and don't ned us and kind of do what they please. So we call them "weeds" and murder them at every opportunity.

Well, I say they are flowers, by God, and pretty damn fine flowers at that. And I am honored to have them in my yard, where I want them. Besides, in addition to every other good thing about them, they are magic. When the flower turns to seed, you can blow them off the stem, and if you blow just right and all those little helicopters fly away, you get your wish. Magic. Or if you are a lover, they twine nicely into a wreath for your friend's hair.

I defy my neighbor to show me anything in his yard that compares with dandelions!

And if all that isn't enough, consider this: Dandelions are free. Nobody every complains about your picking them. You can have all you can carry away.

Some weed.

~ Robert Fulghum. Book: All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten: Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things.

Dandelions might be the finest Tulpa of the Universal Source for all we know. And they're a damn fine example of independent actuality when you pause to think about it. But I suspect we forget that thinking is something of an exercise in non-locality. And we don't remind those who are chronic lawn mowers because it's about the safety of that sacred information - and the experiencers - from their own people. Yes time and memory will serve as the judge of the matters we will remember. I think it is part of the Brass Rule of Gift Exchange.

I'm proposing to rewire the Brass Rule of Gift Exchange to handle a higher voltage of the information that is being fed to the consciousness, allowing capabilities like photographic memory and abstract thought to co-exist. These capabilities become the matrix filter that draws from the unconscious repositories the most relevant information at any particular time based on the problem or task at hand.

Go Flowers.

Cy

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 pm

And speaking of ornery horses, when it comes to thought forms or manifest production observership, I might someday expound on how this:

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t136-scientist-proves-dna-can-be-reprogrammed-by-words-and-frequencies#2914

and this:

http://countdowntozerotime.org/2013/05/19/civil-disobedience-going-mainstream-video-entire-audience-at-nj-gun-hearing-disobeys-senators-orders-recites-pledge/

Combined with the soul-evolutionary path might actually leave this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/040400_gene_patents_genetic_slavery_human_DNA.html

holding nothing but a dead soldier. One might wonder if this is what is in part meant by "no one left behind".

Speculation for now, to be certain. But it might give all new meaning to the concept of an ouroboric circuit of life.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 am

Cy,

Thank you, but I'm not quite sure to what you are alluding....... genetic slavery vs. dead soldier.

And, now, back to our Greta problem.............

The very idea of a Greta/grandmother-cell only seems to accentuate the problem of the unity of consciousness...... http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness-unity/ .

The unity problem comes in many guises, and particularly in the form of the dictionary problem. How do dictionaries work? One word is defined in terms of other words, such that all definitions end up by being circular. IOW, language, like the world, is a bootstrap operation, and, if the world is composed of information or language, how does it get bootstrapped? But isn't that a little bit like asking why is there something rather than nothing? Where there is a will, there is a way.

And where do Greta and the rest of us fit into this picture? Is it all about willpower?

Date: May 21, 2013, 1:25:48 PM EDT
    To: JACK SARFATTI
    Cc: 13 others.......
    Subject: Re: Dan take heed - from Basil Hiley

Jack,

And I draw your attention to Basil's concluding two paragraphs........

>>> Note, however these are not sets of arbitrary explicate orders. Each one takes it form from the same algebra, the same implicate order. In quantum mechanics we know what defines each explicate order–the experimental conditions. The experimental conditions impose constraints on the overall order so that we now open up the way to provide a coherent way of understanding quantum phenomena in terms of a real underlying process, a process that cannot be uniquely described in a single space-time order.
    5 Conclusion.

In this paper we have reviewed what I will call the Bohm programme aimed at providing a model of an independent reality that lies behind the quantum formalism. We have taken his physical and philosophical insights and developed the mathematics in which these ideas can be given a precise form. In this paper we have concentrated on low energies (below pair production energies) where a single particle can be discussed both at the non-relativistic and relativistic levels. <<<

This from his http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.6057 .

Note-bene: there is an 'implied' contradiction between these last two paragraphs......

1.) .... what defines each explicate order are the experimental conditions.

2.) .....the Bohm programme aimed at providing a model of an independent reality that lies behind the quantum formalism.

#1 implies that order is being imposed from above. #2 implies that there is an underlying, objective mathematical reality.

According to the BPWH/CTC, order is imposed by all sapient/sentient entities, cosmic and otherwise, in a bootstrapped fashion, which would contradict #2.

This would be something for us to discuss in June.

On May 21, 2013, at 10:12 AM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:

In quantum domain we are trying to t classical images to the phenomena
    and failing. This ambiguity arises, not because there is no underlying process,
    but because the process is different from what we expected. What underlying
    structure could possibly lead to this ambiguous situation?

For us, and also for Bohr, the most important new feature of quantum phenomena
    is the notion of unbroken wholeness. We, together with our instruments,
    are inside the world looking out. We are not gods outside looking in. Being
    `inside' means that our attempts to construct a `third-person view, an explicate
    order, must necessarily produce a partial or, if you like, ambiguous account. But
    this does not mean there is no underlying structure which can account for the
    partial images. What we should be doing is to try to understand this underlying
    order.

In order to achieve this understanding we have to develop a radically new
    way of thinking that makes it clear what limitations to which we are subjected,
    not in an absolute sense, but in a sense that we can only have a set of partial
    views{ a set of explicate orders. These are not any old orders, since they must
    cohere within a deeper order. This deeper order is the implicate order. This is
    the essence of Bohm's notion of the implicate order [22].

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Tue May 21, 2013 1:14 pm

---- On Tue, 21 May 2013 14:39:01 -0400 jake_reason wrote ----
    cc: 14 others

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 15 240px-Calabi-Yau-alternate

Metaphysical Metabolism?
    Ontological Holism?

Or

Perhaps even VALIS has a subconscious.

>
    >

When all mathematics are exhausted, will the deeper order in the set of implicate orders resolve that;
    There is a Ghost in the machine?

I suspect that some will misinterpret the above, that I am implying G-d / Creator / Source.

Yes and No.

VALIS would be 'Source'
    'Creator' would be 'Source' acting through and employing 'Source'.

The Ghost is something else.

An anomaly that is not solely G-d.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Tue May 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Dan wrote:
    1.) .... what defines each explicate order are the experimental conditions.

2.) .....the Bohm programme aimed at providing a model of an independent reality that lies behind the quantum formalism.

#1 implies that order is being imposed from above. #2 implies that there is an underlying, objective mathematical reality.

According to the BPWH/CTC, order is imposed by all sapient/sentient entities, cosmic and otherwise, in a bootstrapped fashion, which would contradict #2
    This is getting closer...to 'the Ghost'.

The unpredictable factor:

Whereas, when mathematics is exhausted, and "the deeper order" in the "set of implicate orders" is all resolved;
    an incalculable unpredictable anomaly remains.

The Ghost might be likened to "Stars Wars" - The Force.

A neutral Ghost interactively affected by and through "sapient/sentient entities, cosmic and otherwise". Imparting upon VALIS/Source.

Manifesting could never be fully calculated or precisely predicted.

A Ghost in the CTC machine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:17 pm