Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:33 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:23 pm by RealPan

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by dan

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 am by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+6
MrZ
GSB/SSR
Bard
Sparky
Foot Mann
skaizlimit
10 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by Cyrellys Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 am

First topic message reminder :

dan wrote:Cy,

I'm not in favor of guns, but I understand that some folks need that extra sense of security.  

Yesterday we were at the national Cathedral doing the flower market for Kashmir-Rose.  Today we are headed to a WCUAVC flight day at a school down here.  

Was looking at the connection between India and Greece back in the day.  In fact there was a Greco-Indian empire, created by Alexander the Great.  The mutual influence

(cont.)

Well guns have their place, but that wasn't the point...the point was that Hillary equates gun possession with violent individuals or groups and I think I quite clearly illustrated the problem with that kind of thinking by saying I've never been responsible for hurting someone.

I'm not a violent person and my record attests to that. Hillary however is responsible for the deaths of two exemplary military members and one Ambassador, all by design. She also responsible for the arrests and loss of career of one General and one Admiral who attempted to send in a rescue party. They would have been successful in the rescue and then the creation of ISIS and the gun running that contributed to it would have been exposed. Nothing like wiping the proof of criminal wrong doing off the map to protect your own arse Hildebeast? Like any of us would forget and forgive her? Hillary apparently doesn't own guns and yet she's been responsible for the ending of at least three lives and two careers. She's five ahead of this gun owner. And that's just what we happen to know about. There's rumors her and her prior hubby were involved in the drug trade of Arkansas and S. America...then there's China and Walmart. I could go on but what's the point. Truth is too old fashioned and justice is also out-dated.

I'm a celt so truth and justice is not a cultural trait in the eyes of the modern umbrella society which refuses to acknowledge those traits as part of the nation's psyche, but rather as a personal neurosis that they'd probably insist a straightjacket and heavy medication be applied to if I were within reach in DC. Truth and justice equals neurosis? What kind of thinking is that?!! But that's the spew emerging from orgs like DHS since its inception. So when it comes to commentary, turn-about-is-fair-play. They and their flunkies make snide comments about us and we return the favor.

>>>on India and Greece...look at the Sanskrit language and old greek. Then compare it to Old Irish. Fascinating? Now look at some of the ideas each culture valued...same again. All three have same root system. Ah but why would anyone care about the legacy of the elder gods? 'er ET and the seeding of civilizations? Virmana are inconveniences...ah! and there once was one in the vicinity of Fermoy Eire of all places! That is if you can take the Christian overlay off the history.

>>> on the subject of the Glyphs:

432 Mystery

432 Mystery: the first lesson - the Abducted Preceptor

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 am

Time passes.......  and we're not quite in heaven, yet.

As soon as you're ready, I have a task for you.... Your job is to explain the BPWH to the Princess.  She hasn't gotten it.  Her eyes glaze over after about 30" with me.  She needs a fresh pair of eyes, a fresh voice.  We need to have a skype conference with her when you're ready.  This would mainly be introductory.  It needs to happen before both of us go out of the country.  

That is unless you have a better candidate for the magdelene.  You do understand about the 4M/K/SoT/X2, I'm presuming.  

Right now, you're in line for my spot w.r.t. MJ#.  Last I heard, I was #13, but, if I can recruit you to that spot, I can move up notch.  

On the MJ scale, Ron and Aliyah (R&A) are probably already ahead of us.  She mainly has her sights set on fulfilling her Kashmir royalty duty.  But I think she could be temporarily diverted.  We might, temporarily, have more pressing business.  

All this time-pressure is in the context of a September surprise.   Our job is to preempt any negative surprise, much as I may have been able to preempt any negativity associated with the CtN, cruise to nowhere.  The preemption was the SF/Halloween escapade.  The surprise is supposed to be a global gridlock.  We are aiming to preempt that with the MoAPS.  Even with the MoAPS, the Earth might stand still for a day or two.  

Trust me, Eric, if we do anything at all, it will just be to act naturally.  Sometimes that is easier said than done.  

Either this is all a joke, or it was in play from the beginning.  When I mention the agency, you say that I sound loony.  Maybe so, but we don't want to leave home without it.  There are some mean streets out there, or so I've been told.  

The agency is providing our cone of silence for free.  Otherwise, if we're in the same ballpark as the truth, and we almost certainly are, other folks would be crawling out of the woodwork.  That comes later.  We're already sailing off into the sunset.  

I don't see any better way to work this.  Do you?  

BTW, the princess is already well into Rumi.  She gets it.  

The only Sufi who really makes sense to me is Waḥdat al-Maqṣūd.... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufi_metaphysics#Wa.E1.B8.A5dat_al-Maq.E1.B9.A3.C5.ABd  

He's the only one who got the notion of (a collective) Apocatasis.  Or, at least, the only one who was allowed to say so in public.  The rapture at the end of the Millennium is the global version.  

About those two witnesses.... I'm guessing that would go without saying.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:39 am

The agency is providing our cone of silence for free.

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 26 Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence

The Cone of Silence is one of many recurring joke devices from Get Smart, an American comedy television series of the 1960s about an inept spy. The essence of the joke is that the apparatus, designed for secret conversations, makes it impossible for the users—and easy for onlookers—to hear what is being said, rather than the other way around.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:56 am

Coherence?

Idealists do not believe that there is an ontological distinction between beliefs and what makes beliefs true. From the idealists' perspective, reality is something like a collection of beliefs. Consequently, a belief cannot be true because it corresponds to something which is not a belief. Instead, the truth of a belief can only consist in its coherence with other beliefs. A coherence theory of truth which results from idealism usually leads to the view that truth comes in degrees. A belief is true to the degree that it coheres with other beliefs.

Since idealists do not recognize an ontological distinction between beliefs and what makes them true, distinguishing between versions of the coherence theory of truth adopted by idealists and an identity theory of truth can be difficult.

OMG

Have a nice day!

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 am

Gary, 

Thanks for pointing to the identity theory of truth.  I had not run across it previously.  My bad.  

In my initial perusal of the theory, it strikes me as being rather more conducive to idealism than is the CorTT.  I note particularly proposition 8, in the SEP entry.  It implies idealism, TBMK.  

Also, we should note that the IdTT was invented to replace the outmoded CorTT.  It would seem that materialists are not left with a leg to stand on.  Poor souls.  

As an informationalist, you should have a dog in this fight.  

4pm--------- 

Materialists like to stick with the facts..... just the facts, ma'am.

A great deal of ink has been spilled, right up to the present moment, trying to decide what constitutes a fact.  Anything resembling a consensus remains elusive.  

Materialism had promised deliver us a solid basis for the truth.  No such luck, and it has been well over a century.  The truth recedes apace.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:29 pm

"Dan you can lay down and die in The Eschaton in your White Guilt with all the other Liberals with Mental Disorders if you wish."

Let me say it once and for all, I do not like this bitter live and let live, last man standing world view. This response and general feeling seems to be indicative of scared dogs.

Liberal - open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

Fuck yeah, sign me up for open minds and opinions and incremental improvement! Libertarianism is a race to the natural bottom in my mind.

Ownership of things must end. Instead of seeing the bank account size as the greatest number, perhaps they should realize 1 is the greatest number and value.

Who owns what exactly and what does that get you?

Sorry, I had a strong reaction to that line from bestpossibleworld.com at the beginning of my post.

I will respond to your posts shortly.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Well said today to me by a friend.

A friend wrote:
    Prophecy, at least in the past, has come off as judgment. It is not really that at all. It is a prediction of consciousness, a flash of Light able to comprehend the present and future consciousness and what that will bring about. There is actually no judgment in it at all.

The inner Light is prophecy. It is operating in that Spirit here and now. It is being aware of the conscious streams and what they are sharing with us. Once aware of these other streams of awareness, all things change. We are no longer separate. Our bubble no longer exists and we are ruined for ordinary lives.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Eric, 

That line you quoted was coming from Jack, was it not?  He has his own issues.  Pay no mind.  

Predatory capitalism has seen its day.  Some form of communalism is in the offing.  There will be plenty of political issues.  I don't pretend to be a politician.  

I agree that there is no judgement in prophecy.  We receive our desires more than our deserts.  When we begin to understand what life and love are about, desires will be liable to radically transform.  

(cont.)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:40 pm

A Man of Truth

“In order to understand
    the interrelation of truth and falsehood in life, a man must
    understand falsehood in himself, the constant
    incessant lies he tells himself.” – G. Gurdjieff

I met a wise man with vision

His words slowly stripped

Away my uncertainty

His patience steadied me

His commitment and determination

Humbled me

His trust lifted me

This is a man who wants nothing

But the Truth

This Man has my full attention

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:10 pm

So true, we only receive what we choose now. There is no where to run and hide. Stand, here, now!

Why would people wish harm on others? Keynesian economics requires forcing us to accept certain things we didn't choose. It creates tensions. These are limits. Now some people have a rougher start than most. That is a limit. A person finds great wealth, a limit. All limits until your actions support the whole. But we get to individuate. Creating the environment to allow people to individuate on their own best is part of the BPW to me. As you say, it all gets worked out in the end.

It just rationally follows Wink

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Full disclosure, I was led to and now am reading the below in addition to my crash course in Philosophy from Dan.

http://hermetic.com/93beast.fea.st/files/section1/ABA/Book%204%20Part%20III%20MiTaP.pdf

I fully own my belief in Magick and am even a budding initiate into such. Now the 'k' represents spiritual Magick, which according to Crowley is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will. Crowley was a master of his Mind, Body and Spirit. This is a man to give a listen to. Very interesting. All is analogy. It all reduces down to 1. Have no doubt, these are lands angels fear to tread, but we apparently were destined for. To be outside of time and space is to have all that has even been in time available to you. I have met someone I know I was led to in my neck of the woods. I believe he has a lot to teach me. He is not of this world exactly. To 'be' is to wield Magick.

Are we stuck, as part of God, with God in VALIS, his world creation engine. The ultimate VR. Did he create just enough evil to make the best possible world? It seems to have free will, evil may come, but what is evil? God in his love divided itself amongst us, but he must reassemble?

What is evil?

If there is a multiverse then we can not say this is the best possible world, correct?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Sorry Dan, I felt like writing today. Sorry to get all sappy on you. I'm moving some energy. This is strong stuff for me. Just bubbling and percolating and streaming my consciousness at you. Please continue as you like or I will keep babbling. Fun stuff.

https://quantumunderground.com/2016/04/19/oh-pythagoras/

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 pm

OK, another translation of the BPW through my filter is, Me is We, MiW, better than my big TOE to explain everything Wink My addition to the mnemonic, haha.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 am

Eric, 

The Earth is not the only realm for existence, but it is central wrt the logos, and the logos is, necessarily, central wrt sapience.  It is doubtful that there is anything but the most marginal of existence, outside of logos/sapience.  

Given that there are any other realms of sapience, they would necessarily be peripheral to ours.  Multiverses are definitely for the imaginations of materialists. 

I would hardly deny the power of magic, but that has no relation to the present path of the BPWH.  Leave the occult to the occultists, please.  It is bound to be a great distraction.  We have much more than we can handle.  Whatever magic may accompany this universal path, will be natural and open.  It will flow in the light of reason. 

Nothing need be forced or hidden.  Our task is to redefine the exoteric.  The esoteric would merely be an escape.  

Me is we.........?  Yes, I have always held that personalism/sapience makes any sense only in the context of the interpersonal.  

It is very important to note that that this caveat applies particularly to the Monad.  It is here that I/we differ from the monotheists.  The BPWH takes its cue from the trinitarians.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:32 am

I see us as unifying the exoteric and esoteric. Existence in the Logos is the Magick part. Magick practitioners can move energy through will. I understand your point, but I can't deny half of my being.
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:37 am

Multiverses are definitely for the imaginations of materialists.

Tegmark would disagree; see LEVEL IV

Tegmark's MUH is: Our external physical reality is a mathematical structure. That is, the physical universe is mathematics in a well-defined sense, and "in those [worlds] complex enough to contain self-aware substructures [they] will subjectively perceive themselves as existing in a physically 'real' world".[3][4] The hypothesis suggests that worlds corresponding to different sets of initial conditions, physical constants, or altogether different equations may be considered equally real. Tegmark elaborates the MUH into the Computable Universe Hypothesis (CUH), which posits that all computable mathematical structures (in Gödel's sense) exist.[5]

Tegmark maintains that MUH is testable, stating that it predicts (a) that "physics research will uncover mathematical regularities in nature", and (b) by assuming that we occupy a typical member of the multiverse of mathematical structures, one could "start testing multiverse predictions by assessing how typical our universe is" ([3] sec. VIII.C).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:03 am

Eric, 

I would never ask you to deny an essential part of your being.  It was essential to getting you this far.  Yes, you must maintain your protocol.  

The esoteric........

But we are now afforded the opportunity to redefine both the exoteric and the esoteric.   This is our main task......

IOW, we are starting from scratch.  It is paramount to have a firm, coherent foundation for this task.... one that we can all agree upon.  Only then can we properly begin to reconnect the dots.  This is not some amalgamation.  This is a re-synthesis, at the least.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 am

Sure, why the hell not, let's do it. I know what you mean. I'm understanding it better. I was just noting that their is a flow from within out and out in. I really believe any rational path to this will still leads to the individuation of a person and they will need guidance from their inner Light. None of this works without changed hearts and higher minds engaged. No rational system of thinking can replace inner experience. Learning to be an individual in an interpersonal world is still the point of this to me.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:33 am

At first, most people who come this way will come with some familiarity with the esoteric tradition.  Both of us certainly did.  

And, we are all comprised of the powers of reason, intuition and emotion.  Within modernity, these powers have been greatly fragmented.  It is within our power to bring them back into alignment. 

Quite possibly, this realignment is our ultimate goal.  

Can we do all this and still be true to ourselves.....?  

Well, this is the way it must be. 

But do keep in mind that in this larger process, we will come to know ourselves, as if for the first time.  

Also, KIM, that the end of this process is an apocatasis.  We are the brain cells of God.  There will be scant use for our egos.  

Will we experience an ego death?  We will experience an ego matriculation.  Our higher selves will come to the fore.  

Rather than a symmerty breaking that we experienced with the Alpha, there will be a reversal of that process at the Omega.  

This is where the strict monist/monotheist misses the crucial but subtle distinctions of personalism.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:34 am

Let us agree there are things we know and much we don't know. For things we don't or can't know, let's assume the best. Let's agree someone has our back. There are things in motion and tasks for those with the will and ability to accomplish them. It wants our good. Let's be eternal optimists. Only those who have touched their source can find that bubbling spring. It is a required ingredient. But that will happen naturally for people.

Who can say what final reunion with the Godhead will be like? Let's have some imagination. It will beyond anything we now can comprehend and we are in fact already there.

I kind of giggle as I walk around and watch people busy with their lives. I wonder what drives them. I wonder if they wonder. I begin to feel the attraction to aggregate with those with the vision to claim the future.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:58 am

Love and faith are the eternal mysteries.  

These two qualities define the transcendental.  

These have always been everyone's internal guidance system.  We can become distracted, but the cost can be great.  

Well, these distractions define our egos, and they form our katechon, or cosmic shell.  These, in turn, are essential to the formation of the chrysalis.  

Yes, we are already one with the Godhead.  It is the Presence of the eternal Present.  It is the MCP, the monism of the consensual present.... the shining Present.... the CCs, collective consciousness.  

We have the entire Millennium for the emergence of the butterfly from the chrysalis.  We have all the time in the world, and not a second more.  This is our apocatasis... our Omega.  

Let me get back to some of the subtleties of personalism.....

There is no such thing as a person......

A person is essentially an interpersonal construct.  The self is a microcosm.  There is no such thing as a cosmic Self.  The closest thing we have to that is the Trinity, and we know how everyone has struggled with that concept, for the last two millennia.  

Three persons in one substance...... 

That substance is the closest we get to an actual Monad.  But what is that substance?   

Try this..... 

That substance is a primordial version of love, faith and sentience.  I can't think of anything else, off the top.  

2:15---------

Let's be careful, now.......  help me out, Eric..... 

We are speaking of the primordial Potentia.  

How many Potentias can there be?   There would be no space or time to differentiate them.  

The prima materia is an infinite abyss of Potentia/power.  We might liken it to the quantum vacuum.  This would be a pre-geometric vacuum, a-la Penrose.  The PII is the centrifugal force.  The only robust discerners are persons.  Space and time arise out of the symmerty breaking of sapient discernment.   

Thus are formed the Trinity, Olympiad and Zodiad, Heptoad, etc.   

We are already into the logical dimesion of deep time.  The BPW is still a figment.  From the Olympiad, we go to the pokotok field and primal metabolism.  Further symmerty breaking leads us to the Earth and historical time..... the BPW/SW/CTC.  

(cont.)
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Gary, 

I do not agree that world is a mathematical structure.  

I agree that mathematics is an essential component of the Logos.  The Logos is an interpersonal construct, emerging from communion => communication.  

The MUH, multi universe hypothesis........

The only purpose it serves is to escape from the DH, design hypothesis.  Otherwise, it is just plain ugly, as a Meinongian jungle.  

I've never heard you defend it.

You should stick with Informationalism.  It would bring you most of the way to the Logos.  

I see no logical connection between Informationalism and the MUH.  I would even go so far as to say that they contradict one another.  

Informationalism, without the Logos, requires that you defend strong AI.  Are you quite sure you want to go there?   

To defend the MUH, you would have defeat the BBH, the Boltzmann brain hypothesis.  These are things you would have done, were you at all serious about either the MUH or Informationalism.  Yes?  

(cont.)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Knowing others is intelligence;
        knowing yourself is true wisdom.

Mastering others is strength;
        mastering yourself is true power.

- Tao Te Ching, 33

“Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.” — Rene-Francois-Ghislain Magritte

All I have to say right now...

Mic drop...
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Eric, 

Now that we better understand the interpersonal nature of personhood, and of the personal nature of the cosmos and its origin, I think it may be time to take a fresh look at Taoism.  

They understand that persons are microcosms.  With Li Hong, they even have an avatar for the Endtimes.  They certainly understand the cycles of nature.  They also have a pantheon of deities.  

What is missing......? 

Taoism is more purely pantheist even than Hinduism.  There is no transcendental dimension that I'm able to discern.  It fits comfortably with Confucianism.   

Buddhism recognizes a powerful psychic dimension, but leaves it at that.  

Those phrases you quoted have a Machiavellian tinge to them, if I'm not mistaken.  

(cont.)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Point of fact, Taosim is a religion and philosophy, I borrow from the latter aspect most. Taoism maps to Pantheism well and I think we have covered that. But I was highlighting some beneficial ideas on unity of opposites that lead to some real power to change here and now. The idea of wu-wei. They don't acknowledge an afterlife or other place beyond matter, but they don't say no, they just don't say. Go find out yourself.

The ideal person in philosophical Taoism is the Sage(Center/Spirit) who understands and lives in accordance with the Tao. Knowing that all opposites are relative and interdependent, and that the best way to live is in harmony with the natural course of things (the Tao), a Taoist does not struggle, oppose, or strive.

We go with the flow.

Instead, the sage practices wu-wei, or "non-action." In the Tao Te Ching, this is the central virtue of the wise ruler. Wu-wei does not mean doing nothing or doing things only in moderation. To practice wu-wei is to so orient oneself with the Tao that one's actions go unnoticed. "Perfect activity leaves no track behind it; perfect speech is like a jade worker whose tool leaves no mark." In yet another paradox, wu-wei "never acts, yet there is nothing it does not do."

The focus of most religious Taoism is attaining immortality. This can have various meanings: eternal life, longevity of life, or attainment of superhuman physical abilities. Taoists have sought longevity by a variety of methods, such as:

- Focusing attention on the body through diet, exercises, and mindfulness
    - Regulating the breath (ch'i), circulating its power deliberately to all parts of the body
    - Harnessing sexual energy, especially by retaining semen and sending its power throughout the body
    - Exploring alchemy with the goal of finding the elixir of immortality
    - Behaving in a moral way that is in harmony with the Tao
    - Searching for the Isles of the Blessed, where the Immortals dwell and may be persuaded to share their secrets of immortality

In essence, the Tao Te Ching points us away from our complete focus on the outward, such as other people, situations and events (the content of our life, which perpetually extroverts our attention) and back to the inward, the pure awareness in which the world takes form (the context of our life, unnoticed by all but a few). There’s a reason for this. So, my use of these statements was underlining the points we have been discussing, at least how I translate them. Here is the rest of that passage

To realize that you have enough
    is true wealth.

~

One who keeps his course
    surely lives long.
    One who gives himself to the Tao
    surely lives forever.

Mastering the self means rising above the unconscious content of the mind which, left unchecked, completely dominates and drives our behavior, actions and experience of life. Knowing what we really are beyond the conditioned mind, we can embody that which is most authentic and real within us — and this is true power.

In Taoism, wisdom/sapience is construed as adherence to the Three Treasures: charity, simplicity, and humility.

What do you think of ole Alan Watts here: https://vimeo.com/133547455

---

Lao Tzu keeps repeating that happiness is not to be found anywhere but here and now, hello BPW. Chasing it elsewhere is just fleeing the possibility of finding it. Also Taoism represents cyclical thinking and not linear thinking that keeps the Christian and Kabalistic minds trapped. Also at its core is the principal of unity of opposites. You can not have Light without Dark, good without evil. I want to change the word good to natural and unnatural. This is hard for the Christian to understand. They always feel there is some reward to attain in a far off place.

I see the Universe as inseparable from myself, as in Taosim. We are not moral idealists, the world does not exist out there needing to be subjugated. I feel this is an important point.

The art of life is more about learning to navigate than conquer.

Alan Watts wrote:The point is therefore that technology is destructive only in the hands of people who do not realize that they are one and the same process as the universe. Our overspecialization in conscious attention and linear thinking has led to neglect, or ignore-ance, of the basic principles and rhythms of this process, of which the foremost is polarity.

Lao Tzu from a human perspective reads Machiavellian at times. Philosophical Taoism overlaps with Scientific Pantheism. Both are non-dualist, and deny that spirit and matter are separate substances. Both are non-theist, and deny the existence of any personal creator God or supernatural realm. Yet both have a deeply religious reverence for nature and the universe. Both stress the importance of living in harmony with nature.

Confucianism is more about how to have a structured government, in Taoism, there is the Tao and all else is an emanation from it. The goal of life is to become one with the Tao.

Rumi says it so well wrote:If you want what visible reality can give
    You're an employee.

If you want the unseen world,
    you're not living your truth.

Both wishes are foolish,
    but you'll be forgiven for forgetting
    that what you really want is
    Love's confusing Joy.

When in doubt, just act naturally.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:23 am

I agree.... all we have to do is go with the flow.  

The only problem we might face is determining the flow.  Stream flow can sometimes be tricky, especially when there are several streams converging.  Navigation can be difficult when the waters are turbulent.  One stream might be undercutting another.  We might even want to fasten our seatbelts.   

But I have a better idea, Eric.  It comes from Archimedes..... give me a fulcrum and I'll move the world.  

Then there's the common expression..... stop the world, I want to get off.  

What I'm suggesting is that we can do all three things at once.  It might seem that we would have to tie ourselves in knots.  No.  All we have to do is keep acting naturally, and going with the flow.  

What might come in handy is some Crowleyan magick.  In order to do this magick, all we have to do is figure out who we are.  

The main thing we have to figure out is how dumb we are........

IOW, we're not the first ones to understand Archimedes' insight about levers and pulleys.... or about going with the flow.... or even about the different flows converging at about this point in history.  

Nah, we're just rank amateurs.  We're going up against some real pros.  Yes, there are folks who get paid to keep their fingers in the various streams.  They keep testing the waters.  

And they have some outside assistance..... way outside, I'm guessing.  

One of the stories that was told to me, way back when, was about ocelot and ferret.  Every six months they would go out west to consult the oracle..... is it time, yet, they would always ask.  The answer was always negative.... until one day, just before I met Ron.  The answer came back positive, so everyone started the last minute preparations for D-day.... disclosure that is.  But then it was called off, at the last minute, or so I've read.  Open source, even.  

Then came 9/11, or shortly before, where I was witness to such behavior that I took my suspicions to another agency.... see something, say something.  Hey, that's all just water under the bridge.  

Just over a year ago, Ron started talking about a Sept '16 surprise.  I'm hopeful, Eric, that you showed up in time to preempt S16S, as I may have preempted the CtN.  But we may never have to know, hopefully.  

Hey, we're just acting naturally.... going with the flow..... And I would say the same for the GIC, global intelligence community.  They are not being either proactive or resistive.  They didn't call me, I called them.  Just another case of ss/ss.  Did I act out of turn?  

They get paid to be just a little bit ahead of the game.  They have a need to know.  Don't they?  

SS/SS..... that's all we have to do, and all that means is that we keep chatting, right at this out of the way spot.... OMF.  Are we disturbing the flow?   

We might use an oracle or two.... your oracle and my oracle.  That's all.  Then we just wait for someone to show up, like the GIC was doing, back in '91.  

We do have google helping us out.  We just have to hit the right key words.  

9am--------- 

Back to Archimedes and his fulcrum...... 

If we're concerned about navigating these troubled waters, we don't have to stop the world, we just have to find a good fulcrum to hang onto.  

Hey, we're in luck......

I think I've found the biggest one of all.  It's right at the center of the CTC.  That's the fulcrum that God uses to turn the world...... faith, love, etc.... which is also God, or so we've been told.  

And now there's even better news..... we're all microcosms.  That same cosmic center is right at the center of our own little selves.  

What did Rumi say..... something about love's confusing joy?  You get the picture, I'm quite sure, Eric.  

And, hey, we're not even close to being the first to figure this out, are we? 

I don't see anything special here, do you?  Hmmm...... 

Well, perhaps we do have a special sort of poetic license.  Isn't the CIA always on the lookout for poets?  Well, if they're not, we're here to tell them they should be.  

And, if we get too bored, we can always give Princess Aliyah another shout.  She's always on the lookout for action.  You'd just have to do a little 'splainin'.  I could tell her that you'd just like to practice your BPWH spiel.  You do want to practice don't you?  And you both have Rumi in common.  She's really easy to talk to.  

And here's a kicker.... Ron has already been in touch with Abu Bakr, or so I've been told.  Like I say, Eric, everybody, but everybody's been waiting patiently for you to show up..... just like me, who's been waiting 40 years.  See how patient we are.  Wouldn't Lao Tzu or Li Hong approve?  

Well, on second thought, Abu has been acting a bit impatient.  He's been making so much noise just in case the Mahdi is asleep at the switch.  Maybe he was out carousing, or something.  

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm