Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:46 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:31 pm by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
dylan OMF-Original
ScaRZ
IPFreely
Cyrellys
Mur
Paul Chefurka
Jake Reason
Bard
Admin
dan
15 posters

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Empty Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Testing.......

Yes, it is working.

Congratulations to Cyrellys & Co.!

I will be continuing the BPWH blog from Compass Morainn, which was a continuation from the original OMF site on ProBoards, which is in the process of being re-archived from that site.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 17 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 am

I understand why you don't like all those stars. Because then God becomes bigger than you are able to contain in your comprehension. The competition is exhausting to you.
    If only you could actually hear your own words......

Salvation has nothing to do with quantity. If you can save yourself, then you can save the whole world..... the whole Megaverse! This is exactly what Jesus came here to tell us, but it is possible that no one was able to fully grok this promise, until Chicken Little hit the scene. Am I bragging? No, I'm simply explaining how the cosmos works.......

It is not gravity that is holding the cosmos together. This is one thing the scientific cosmologists have finally been able to prove...... that was when they discover Dark Energy. That is the energy that is ripping the universe apart. The most distant galaxies are already infinitely far away from us, and traveling infinitely fast, relative to our own little space-time manifold. How are you going to save them, Jake? Maybe they didn't teach you that, in your science class.

There is only one thing that is a can hold the Megaverse together, and that is God's love, and Jesus is God's sacred heart. No? Are you unable to believe that? Have you not a mustard seed of faith?

But how can our puny little, crucified stable boy possibly overcome that Infinity of Dark Energy?

That is precisely what I have come here to explain to you, and a few million other cosmologists. This is my disturbing Message........

That infinity of Dark Energy represents Satan, and the forces that are trying to tear us apart.

And, guess what, Satan has already been defeated. How do I know that? Because I have eyes, and I can look around and see that the whole Gang is already here, and that we have already all been saved. What is so disturbing about that? Nothing really, except that now it's time for us to stop beating our heads against the cosmic Wall. We have become so accustomed to beating our heads against the wall, that it will be truly bewildering when we realize that it is time to stop, and look around! That's the disturbing message, and this was truly Jesus' message..... Wake up and smell the Metacosmic Coffee, sports fans!!

11:30-------------

Hot off the press....... http://www.starpod.us/2012/10/12/dan-smith-interview-part-one/#.UHg1N6N5mSN

Hey, Gary...... not too shabby...... oh me of little faith......!!

All that apparently empty space out there? That's just to represent our alienation. It is a metaphorical projection of our true feeling of being lost sheep.

The Milky Way......? It is what the ancients knew and told us........ It is the vast River of souls leaving and returning to our Earthly sojourn. The Earth......? We were, as of 1998, at the center of the Cosmic Cross, when I tried to calculate it, using the NG sky chart.

Oh, how cute....... Chicken Little wants to replace NASA with astrology! Mark my words, sports fans, they don't call me Chicken Little, for nothing.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 am

dan wrote:
    Salvation ...... If you can save yourself, then you can save the whole world..... the whole Megaverse! This is exactly what Jesus came here to tell us, but it is possible that no one was able to fully grok this promise, until Chicken Little hit the scene.
    No bad! But we're going to have to take it up a notch, from where Little Chicken left off. The megaverse won't be saved by belittling it, or nullifying it's purpose.

It is not gravity that is holding the cosmos together...
    Dark Energy is the energy that is ripping the universe apart. The most distant galaxies are already infinitely far away from us....
    How are you going to save them, Jake?
    Not by turning the clock back to the pre-Copernican age.

Who inspired the invention of the telescope?
    Was it the Devil, or was it G-d?

I say... The telescope will be the death of the Devil.
    (Can you grok that, Dan?)

And the Logos permeates it ALL.

Yes, my "Jesus" is bigger than yours, hehe.

Btw, that little dity I posted a couple pages back about the Grand Portal project. That was all in prep as to where I going here with you. That was written by Lyricus. And Believe it or not Mr Ripley, Lyricus is Christ/Logos centered. I have also come to learn that they have some very competent people working on that. In fact I could speculate that even MJ12 is in on it. If not, they are certainly aware. It isn't the mere whims of a mythologist.

I could be wrong, but the chances are remote at best.

You see you want to save us from a bloody Armageddon. But you can't do it by writing a Declaration of Independence that writs "everyone is saved". Such would be granting permission for all hell to break loose.

I don't understand why you have a hard time grokking that?

--------------

I'll be out for the rest of the day.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 am

[Me] How are we going to save [the alleged ET's], Jake?

[Jake] Not by turning the clock back to the pre-Copernican age.

Who inspired the invention of the telescope?
    Was it the Devil, or was it G-d?

You [say] you want to save us from a bloody Armageddon. But you can't do it by writing a Declaration of Independence that writs "everyone is saved". Such would be granting permission for all hell to break loose.

Jake, you, and most modern-minded folks, are experiencing a rapture of the depths, of space. There is nothing wrong with that. That was the Plan, from the beginning.

Because of this 'rapture' of the Deep, which still holds you and most of us in it's thrall, you are having difficulty focusing on my actual words, and meanings. Let's go over these several issues, very slowly and carefully..........

You are focused almost entirely on what you think you know about Creation, while virtually ignoring what you have been told about the Creator. Again, this mis-focus has been an essential part of the Plan of our Salvation.

Since the inception of the scientific revolution, we have accepted that there were two pillars of our faith...... Nature and Revelation.

Sometimes these two pillars seem to be in conflict. This has particularly been the case with Darwin's theory........

Darwin says survival of the fittest. Revelation says salvation of the meek. Since Darwin, there has been non-stop theological hand-wringing over this issue. No?

If there exist more powerful species of ET's, will they be following Jesus or Darwin? IOW, will they have already been saved or not? Will they be more in the mold of Hitler or of Gandhi?

If those ET's are more powerful, intelligent, etc.... how did they get that way? Did they get there by eugenics..... by implementing racial purity or genetic engineering? These questions are of the utmost seriousness wrt human destiny, if we are to give any credence to the ETH. No?

If the ET's have not been saved, then why have they not already stolen our planet? Are we their zoological experiment? If they have been saved, then why has there not been a single word of proselytizing? Where are their missionaries and schools? It seems that the Cosmos is at our door, but everything is in suspense.

Now, let's get back to your question about our Telescopes.......

Why would God allow us to have telescopes, if they were only going to deceive us about the true nature of Creation, and lead us to be enraptured by the Depths, as is so surely the case, with the modern mind? In short, why would God have tolerated modernism? Why not have ended the world with the invention of the steam engine, for instance?

Well, back then, there would have been many fewer of us to be saved, but, by the same token, there would have been many fewer 'apostates'..... many fewer who would have to spend an eternity in Hell. Hurry, Lord! Yes? No?!

Many folks back then, and even now, suppose that the steam engine was Satan's toy. Ever hear of the Dark Satanic Mills?? Did you watch the London Olympic ceremony?

So, the Telescope? Maybe that was just an afterthought.

But, no, I don't believe that, not for one minute. The telescope and the microscope were lynchpins in the Plan of our salvation. And even more important to that Plan were all you billions of modern-minded folks.

Here is the lesson...... God did not send Jesus here to intimidate us, now did he? Nonetheless, we have been intimidated by our telescopes. Once again, we see an essential contradiction between our two pillars of faith, as between Darwin and Jesus. Which pillar are we to believe?

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok lunch break.

Jake
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    If there exist more powerful species of ET's, will they be following Jesus or Darwin? IOW, will they have already been saved or not?

Dan I'll have to stop you there, as I know where you are going. I have no problem understanding your meanings. And I think your thesis concerning scientific materialism is brilliant. But your BPWH Religion is quaint at best (good for nursery school). And I am certainly not "ignoring what you have been told about the Creator". Rather you are.

The prophetic record, the human metanarrative and the Cosmos, tells us under no uncertain terms - not all are saved. Just as Joy and Peace have conditions attached.

Look up at the heavens and we can see that even whole solars systems have been destroyed in a mighty explosion, leaving us planetary nebula. Don't they look so beautiful? And last I checked the Creative Designer doesn't mind taking credit for floods, hurricanes and volcanoes.

Let me skip to my point.... Your interview with Gary.
    Nicely done by the way! You are an excellent spokesman when you have time to think things through.

Dan wrote:
    "I can tell you nothing further about the SSCI, other than this … In my third and final meeting with Chris, to which Ron invited himself, insisting that it be in the cafeteria, so as to be informal, Ron spent most of the time telling Chris about his tiger initiative, in which I was minimally involved. This had only to do with Siberian tigers, and nothing to do with the [Defense Intelligence Agency technology early warning] Tiger committee.

As we got up to leave our table, I told Chris that I was disappointed that there had been no opportunity to discuss eschatology, which had been the subject on our two previous, private meetings. Chris turned to me and said, well, Dan, I guess you’ll just have to surprise us."

Siberian Tigers?
    Sounds to me like Ron and Chris WERE talking about eschatology. Why else would Ron's job be what it is. So Dan, have you surprised Chris yet? How about THAT eschatology. Like those which concern 'nuclear free' zones?

This is serious stuff!

And you say your answer is to make everyone into love-children? Shouting "Hey Everyone, This is the Best Possible World!" Lookie see, I'm here to save the world. Little o' me. Look! God's going to save us all. Everyone line up and jump into the Star Gates. You'll love it!, you'll see!"

That's not going to do it Dan.

And that's probably why Chris turned you down after the buildings fell.

You are either crazy, or you WANT the Four Horseman to gallop with Glee.

You can't answer why "everyone is saved" does almost nothing good, than granting permission for all hell to break loose.

I often wonder if MJ12 desire an era of peace and glorious renaissance or an Apocalyptic die-down. Or maybe they sit in both camps, hedging their bets.

So tell me, what's wrong with people working toward the irrefutable scientific discovery of the human soul?

Is it diversionary to you? If so, what would it divert?

-----------------------

Back to work

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Discovery of the Soul.......?

With our telescopes we explore the heavens...... with our microscopes we explore the temple of our Soul.

What do we learn? How has this, or can this, explosion of knowledge contribute to our salvation?

The heavens and our bodies...... do they, or do they not, speak to the glory of God?

God.....?? Do we moderns have any need of that Hypothesis?

If we have been unable to find God amongst the stars, how can we expect to find God amongst the atoms?

But, guess what, Jake, we have both a God-scope and a Soul-scope, and are they not just our very own little hearts and minds? But, somehow, we have forgotten how to use them...... certainly not for that purpose.

How did we get so distracted? Well, it almost seems as if someone had deliberately planted a whole bunch of marvels, out there and in here, and some very useful ones, at that, which have, very understandably, enraptured us.

And out of this knowledge explosion has come the awesome cornucopia of technological progress, and vastly greater numbers of souls to be saved! Is God, now, at this very late date, telling us that we must look this gift-horse in the mouth? Has he just been leading us on a wild-goose chase....... down a primrose path?

If the old guy is not playing a numbers game, is not playing right-to-life with the cosmos, then what is going on?

IMHO, this is something vastly more serious. It surely is no game.

You and I are being groomed for the big show. Why am I telling you this? Why doesn't he break the news? Well, we are like sleepwalkers, and he doesn't want to....... spook us. But most importantly, there is a truly disturbing message...... We are no longer the spectators. We are now the protagonists. This is our show, and we no longer have a ring-master or even a cheerleader.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:34 pm

dan wrote:
    If the old guy is not playing a numbers game, is not playing right-to-life with the cosmos, then what is going on?
    "The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
    But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Matthew 13:24-30

But what does this mean? Well, the disciples didn't know either, so...

"Then Jesus sent the multitudes away, and went into the house. His disciples came to him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the darnel weeds of the field."

He answered them, "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the children of the Kingdom; and the darnel weeds are the children of the evil one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As therefore the darnel weeds are gathered up and burned with fire; so will it be at the end of this age.

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Matthew 13:36-43
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Bad seed......?

He and I seem to have a slight disagreement on this point. But, Jake, I think maybe he was simply taking your earlier advice........

Two thousand years was a long way away...... And, as you just pointed out, we were going to need a whiff or two of Brimstone, if we were going to be kept to the grindstone, for all those years. So when is best time to reveal that we are all in the same boat, after all? That would have to be just before the Millennium, and it would have to be a package deal. It would be the final Revelation!

And who, in their right mind, could possibly think that we were ready to step into the shoes of the big guy, upstairs? Hey, we're not even ready to take a vacation, up there. I don't know of anyone, besides myself, who thinks that we would ever be ready to do anything more than sing in the Choir. Not in a million years would we be ready to take the Helm. Ok, then, how about after an abbreviated Millennium? No way!

Well, golly, sports fans, I'm afraid it's just a bit late to turn back, now. If truth be known, and it will be known sooner than later, it was too late when Sarah bore Isaac.

And I'll tell you another secret...... we have been the co-Creators, all along. In a world of final causes, the scientists, in forcing Nature to give up its secrets, were actually co-creating the laws that could, retroactively, be put in to place to save all those appearances. But they would need to be the last ones to find out that Nature was actually going to be their baby. That would have been a scary proposition, like the grandson who goes back and almost kills his grandfather. But, now, in order to bring Creation to its final closure, we do, finally have to close the circuit of consciousness, by waking up to our own truth. There is no way to avoid this closure. All we are already saved, from the very beginning. Maybe the Brimstone was a bit of hyperbole, but, hey, that Grindstone, that was no joke, at all!!

(cont.)

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 pm

dan wrote:Bad seed......?

He and I seem to have a slight disagreement on this point.
    Ya, perhaps I should apologize for quoting Jesus talking about Heaven and eschatology, on your blog. It was rather insensitive of me.

But hey, at least you won't be able to say you didn't hear it. So maybe it isn't all that bad.

But, Jake, I think maybe he was simply taking your earlier advice........

Two thousand years was a long way away...... And, as you just pointed out, we were going to need a whiff or two of Brimstone, if we were going to be kept to the grindstone, for all those years. So when is best time to reveal that we are all in the same boat, after all?
    So on this boat.... will you be sitting beside Nero, Genghis Khan, and Hitler? Or will you stand and give your wife the seat? Just wondering.

When was the last time you tasted a loaf of tares bread?

All we are already saved, from the very beginning. Maybe the Brimstone was a bit of hyperbole, but, hey, that Grindstone, that was no joke, at all!!
    Well let us all be thankful that millions of vibrant sperm squiggled up and died, so we could grace a chance to get a peek at the Light.

Strange design, isn't it.

Oh wonder of wonders... Why so many stars

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:32 am

pause
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 am

Dan,
    And so here we've come full circle once again. Except this time I won't call you the anti-Christ, even though you dislike much of the son of man's teachings. Besides, that's a job for a younger man, with more spunk and vigor. And you're not a bad man, you have a heart after God. This I know.

You don't smile much, do you Dan. A man of many sorrows you are. You long to go home. Nothing wrong with that. But you're in such a hurry. You want to go straight to nirvana. The journey seems redundant to you. Even a millennium is too long. 200 years then POOF! everything gone, only God. This is your hope. You'll entertain a new garden of eden with a few people starting over in the stone age again. But you truly don't think that will happen, its just an addendum you added only to appease the meek. Nay, ye all go straight to nirvana of Only God. This is your eschatology.

Sounds rather lonesome for poor old God. Not even a choir.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Ah, but Christ's eschatology is MUCH more exciting! Vibrant, abundant, over flowing with Joy. So much wonder to behold. A Grand Journey! With no more sickness, no more sorrow, neither will there be anymore death. A glorious millennium, then a new Earth and a New Heaven. And even all that, is just the beginning!

I hope you'll join us all, Dan

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Jake,

I like your (next to) last post, here. It is very helpful, pedagogically, to adumbrate our differences.

Lonely God......?

This is a good point, because much of the reasoning behind the BPWH was precisely to reduce or even minimize the loneliness of God. IOW, the purpose of the BPWH is just to maximize the gregariousness of God!

How so? How to allow God to rub shoulders with his Creatures? How to allow God to be one of us, without completely losing his identity? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this not the primary mission of Jesus?

And this is precisely what all of us are....... God in street clothes, but most of us are sufficiently modest to eschew this self-attribution. What's my excuse? I guess I just fell out of the cradle, on the wrong side. I was just too darned impatient, so dang me, take a rope and...... And early one morning, I got out of bed, and flipped to the help wanted add in the good book.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:32 pm

The Creative Source has never been a Hide-&-Seek player, it has always preferred Sardines instead....hense the stars. And the highway of complexity neither neglects the stars nor the inner realms. Eugenics strips complexity; it is a distraction; a side road with a cul-de-sac at the end where races can become trapped. It is the diversity and volume of the mutual explorers who pivot around each other utilizing and building with many kennings that become the catalysts for the increase and advance on the highway...life IS. The road to All Being is not a road of destruction. Never has been. And we are neither the first nor the last to travel it.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Now, I'm gathering, Cy, that your predilections lie closer to Jakianity than to Danianity. Is Cyrianity going to be introduced, here, into this discussion, at some point? Has it not already been addressed, by you, elsewhere?

Sardines......? Now there is some brutal honesty! I do have a hankering for brutal honesty, in case you hadn't noticed.

All I'm saying is that Earth is the #1 Sardine Can. Where is #2? I'm saying that there is no #2, when it comes to the whole of Creation. But, nonetheless, there are many 'mansions', but not an infinity of mansions.

I strongly suspect that we are the Grand Central Station. Many of us, cosmic refugees, are camped out, here, in the Waiting Room. Many of us have been dying to grab a spot here, for a long time. Nay, for all of Eternity.

So why do I think that Earth is so special? That's because I'm a theist, and not a Deist or a pantheist.

Why am I a theist? Because, if we came from any source at all, it must have a personal aspect. And I don't know of any person who does not like company. That is, after all, definitional of personhood.

But, by the same token, I don't know of any person who, generally speaking, prefers strangers over friends and relatives. Now, if there were an infinity of Sardines, then every one of us would feel alienated from the Cosmos/Creation. And that would not be a good thing, personally.

I'm also saying that small is beautiful....... I'm reminded of the Biggest Little Whorehouse in Texas (BLWT). If you will pardon my french, we are that, carnally speaking. Is this not almost the definition of the GCS. If I were you, sports fans, I would enter BLWT, into the BPWH lexicon. We are the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. We are the lizards in the Cosmic Lounge (Star Wars), if you will.

It is our onerous challenge to jump into the Cosmic Gene Pool (CGP). At least we need to get our toes wet. If this is a little bit too much shoulder rubbing, for you, then do keep in mind that there will need to be some segregation, on the twelve Noah's Arks that are due back to our twelve Megalithic Gardens of Eden (MGE's), 4004 BCE.

The only people who are afraid of the Eschaton are the ones who are afraid of Eternity. Sometimes, please forgive me, but I do have a hard time grasping this very widespread fear of Eternity. Well, obviously, it is closely connected with our 'genetic' fear of Death.

But, what I'm trying to say is that Eternity is not all that different from the GCS/BLWT/BPWH, in that a lot of folks are dying to get in. I'm only suggesting that, in the grand finale, 144 million of us will not have to die to get to Eternity. This is called the Rapture. And it's like when God eats succotash, we all end up in the same place. In the belly of the Beast? Well, my job is to reassure you that this Disturbing Message is the best possible Disturbing Message that has ever been offered to us mortals. And, no, you will not have to buy a pig in the poke. You will have plenty of opportunity to kick the tires of Eternity...... 200 years of tire kicking, to be almost precise.

Do either Jake or Cy have a better offer for us? I'm still waiting to hear how their offers are any better than the offer of Chicken Little. The only way that I can understand Cy and Jake is to suppose that they have a fear of Eternity. That is quite understandable. It is a big unknown, even, or especially, to Chicken Little. I do only have my allotted mustard seed of faith.

Because they have a fear of Eternity, they are wont to juxtapose an infinite Creation between themselves and It. They like Creation, and they are in no hurry for themselves, or their progeny, to have to leave Creation. On behalf of God, may I express my gratitude for your gratitude. I'm very glad to know that you have grown so attached to my Creation. And it is so calming to sit here and watch the woods fill up with snow, but we all know that we have many miles to travel before we sleep. Time is finite. Is that so hard to appreciate? After all, what would be the purpose of time, were it not finite?

OTOH, Jake continues to equivocate on whether Creation should be finite or infinite. This equivocation strongly suggests that he is unwilling to face up to the question of how immortality might differ from mortality. And, hey, I'm not totally sure that I understand that distinction, myself. Nay, I know that I don't understand. But I do lean heavily upon my mustard seed. It has not let me down, yet.

5:45-----------

And, yes, I do believe that, when it comes to personhood, small is beautiful. How can we embrace each other, if we are too distant? Can all 10^10 of us embrace each other, right here, on Earth?

I know, absolutely for sure, that the vast majority of my fellow Creatures, including Cy and Jake, are not prepared to embrace humanity. This was especially true of Louise and my dad. Allow me, please, to tell you my dad's apocalyptic fantasy...... He would be positioned on the portico of his parents' mansion, with a machine gun, and he would be defending their 'castle' against the hordes, with his dying breath. I can understand that. Have I ever experienced it? Well, not TBMK. I prefer to press the flesh. Louise? She was the hermit on the mountain that you see in the picture. She defended her Forest Gate, to her dying breath. Saint Peter had nothing up on Louise and my dad!

My question to Cy and Jake is...... how can you embrace Creation, if you cannot embrace the Earth? How, even, can you hug a tree, if you cannot hug your neighbor?

I say this to you....... Our ultimate challenge is just to embrace each other, here and now. If we can accomplish that, then we will have earned Eternity. Nothing more. Nothing less. Yes, this is our ultimate historical challenge. If you are trying to keep your powder dry, for a bigger challenge, then you are very liable to be left standing, when the music stops. It will be bye-bye........
    .... When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.... So.....

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
    Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
    Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
    Singin' this'll be the day that I die
    This'll be the day that I die.....

(cont.)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:20 pm

dan wrote:Now, I'm gathering, Cy, that your predilections lie closer to Jakianity than to Danianity. Is Cyrianity going to be introduced, here, into this discussion, at some point?

No Dan, it is not going to be introduced. My perception of reality does not need to be a religion, it simply is the way it is. My work does not require me to be any center of attention. But I can appreciate this long post of yours whose many assumptions are placed here as a form of baiting? You wish to understand my thinking and perceptions on these matters, am I correct here? You could have simply specified that is what you want rather than making baited assumptions.

Has it not already been addressed, by you, elsewhere?

No it hasn't. I've never specified any of it but many guesses and assumptions by others have been made.

Sardines......? Now there is some brutal honesty! I do have a hankering for brutal honesty, in case you hadn't noticed.

All I'm saying is that Earth is the #1 Sardine Can.

This is another assumption, Dan. You have never been offworld or explored the Universe to know one way or another. You are speaking in the manner of cargo cults here. This is my observation. You are not giving the broader scope of reality any opportunity to participate in your life. In this it seems to me you are rejecting an immense part of the Creative Source's reality or construct if you will. How can any formulation of the question WHY occur if you do not participate and gain experience in that greater narrative?

Where is #2? I'm saying that there is no #2, when it comes to the whole of Creation.

And in a void populated with only inexperience you can ascertain this how? You have no other planetary narratives from which to draw at this point. You have not visited so many boundaries and expressions of Creation it is phenomenal you can justify making such a statement!

But, nonetheless, there are many 'mansions', but not an infinity of mansions.

And where have I ever implied there is an "infinity" of mansions? Again insinuating things I have never said.

I strongly suspect that we are the Grand Central Station. Many of us, cosmic refugees, are camped out, here, in the Waiting Room. Many of us have been dying to grab a spot here, for a long time. Nay, for all of Eternity.

Who you calling a refugee, white man? Again insinuating assumed truths without experience! I will agree with you that this world is a favored experience. But the way you describe it gives a perception of reality that does not mesh with my own experience.

So why do I think that Earth is so special? That's because I'm a theist, and not a Deist or a pantheist.

You have called me by many easy terms in the past such as "pantheist" without knowing me or my personal experience at a depth necessary to really know if that is a true label. What I am point out to you here Dan has less to do with what is real or true of myself than what I am observing as problematic with your approach to interpersonal relations. You are making sweeping assumptions and basing your personal narrative upon them. This leaves you in a precarious position, particularly if you wish for your reconstructions to be taken seriously. Consider this only kindly constructive criticism offered for your private consideration.

Why am I a theist? Because, if we came from any source at all, it must have a personal aspect.

I would agree with you here on the detail "if we came from any source at all, it must have a personal aspect" Yes in my experience there is a personal aspect.

And I don't know of any person who does not like company. That is, after all, definitional of personhood.

But, by the same token, I don't know of any person who, generally speaking, prefers strangers over friends and relatives. Now, if there were an infinity of Sardines, then every one of us would feel alienated from the Cosmos/Creation. And that would not be a good thing, personally.

that "every one of us would feel alienated from the Cosmos/Creation..." Here again you are making a sweeping assumption about people and judging for the billions of individuals on this world what is a good thing personally for each of them without allowing them to decide what is personally good for theirselves nor allowing the Creative Source to express within that personal aspect to each individual what is good for each individual individually. Tis the very real problem I have with the current globalism acting upon unknowing masses their own assumption of individual life value in which the unknowing masses are considered as without value, to be sacrificed or destroyed for personal gain. And I can relay to you unequivocally that in my personal experience the Creative Source has expressed in not so many words its extreme displeasure with this and its intent to push the boundaries of respect to free will in opposition to this via intervention should it continue. Planet-cide is not acceptable to it.

I'm also saying that small is beautiful....... I'm reminded of the Biggest Little Whorehouse in Texas (BLWT). If you will pardon my french, we are that, carnally speaking. Is this not almost the definition of the GCS. If I were you, sports fans, I would enter BLWT, into the BPWH lexicon. We are the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. We are the lizards in the Cosmic Lounge (Star Wars), if you will.

It is our onerous challenge to jump into the Cosmic Gene Pool (CGP). At least we need to get our toes wet. If this is a little bit too much shoulder rubbing, for you, then do keep in mind that there will need to be some segregation, on the twelve Noah's Arks that are due back to our twelve Megalithic Gardens of Eden (MGE's), 4004 BCE.

The only people who are afraid of the Eschaton are the ones who are afraid of Eternity. Sometimes, please forgive me, but I do have a hard time grasping this very widespread fear of Eternity. Well, obviously, it is closely connected with our 'genetic' fear of Death.

Your perception of reality departs from mine right here. I have not genetic fear of Death and I do not perceive your "Eternity" in the context which you use it. And as far as Eschaton goes, what I wholly oppose and what others wholly oppose is a man-made destruction by those who think it will gain them an evolutionary leap they have not earned. For starters, death and destruction is not how it is done.

But, what I'm trying to say is that Eternity is not all that different from the GCS/BLWT/BPWH, in that a lot of folks are dying to get in. I'm only suggesting that, in the grand finale, 144 million of us will not have to die to get to Eternity. This is called the Rapture.

Ok, on this we're on the same page. But what has been expressed and relayed repeatedly is that humanity will not be limited to only 144 million achieving this, AND that such achievement is still very very far off. Kindergarteners don't get free passes to College. Humanity is well loved but it still has to go through the learning process same as everyone else.

And it's like when God eats succotash, we all end up in the same place. In the belly of the Beast? Well, my job is to reassure you that this Disturbing Message is the best possible Disturbing Message that has ever been offered to us mortals. And, no, you will not have to buy a pig in the poke. You will have plenty of opportunity to kick the tires of Eternity...... 200 years of tire kicking, to be almost precise.

Do either Jake or Cy have a better offer for us?

Why do you or anyone else require an offer from either I or Jake when each is a thinking, reasoning, and potentially a loving being with a personal relationship with the Creative Source? Seems to me that people thinking they need someone else's path would be better advised to improve their own listening skills/powers of observation wrt the Source. For it is their own they should be seeking. You wished for my opinion and here it is. This is based on my own experience. And no I'm not going to expound upon that experience other than one small mention, I've been in some respects where others would like to go. And I'm saying you cannot get there by stealing life, opportunity, and free will from others. Each journey is individual to the one concerned. You cannot get there by dictating to others their value to the Source or their value in the greater narrative! This is the message in the bottle. You cannot induce planet-cide and expect to get there. You will instead return to square one.

I'm still waiting to hear how their offers are any better than the offer of Chicken Little. The only way that I can understand Cy and Jake is to suppose that they have a fear of Eternity. That is quite understandable. It is a big unknown, even, or especially, to Chicken Little. I do only have my allotted mustard seed of faith.

It has nothing to do with fear of this, that, or whatever, Dan. It is not my place to make any "offers". You are to explore and discern your own path within acceptable parameters. Thus the message in the bottle for your upline. See it gets passed on. End of discussion on the matter.

P.S. Please cease making assumptions about me. If you have a question simply ask. Thx. - back to your regularly scheduled programming.....Cy

Because they have a fear of Eternity, they are wont to juxtapose an infinite Creation between themselves and It. They like Creation, and they are in no hurry for themselves, or their progeny, to have to leave Creation. On behalf of God, may I express my gratitude for your gratitude. I'm very glad to know that you have grown so attached to my Creation. And it is so calming to sit here and watch the woods fill up with snow, but we all know that we have many miles to travel before we sleep. Time is finite. Is that so hard to appreciate? After all, what would be the purpose of time, were it not finite?

OTOH, Jake continues to equivocate on whether Creation should be finite or infinite. This equivocation strongly suggests that he is unwilling to face up to the question of how immortality might differ from mortality. And, hey, I'm not totally sure that I understand that distinction, myself. Nay, I know that I don't understand. But I do lean heavily upon my mustard seed. It has not let me down, yet.

5:45-----------

And, yes, I do believe that, when it comes to personhood, small is beautiful. How can we embrace each other, if we are too distant? Can all 10^10 of us embrace each other, right here, on Earth?

I know, absolutely for sure, that the vast majority of my fellow Creatures, including Cy and Jake, are not prepared to embrace humanity. This was especially true of Louise and my dad. Allow me, please, to tell you my dad's apocalyptic fantasy...... He would be positioned on the portico of his parents' mansion, with a machine gun, and he would be defending their 'castle' against the hordes, with his dying breath. I can understand that. Have I ever experienced it? Well, not TBMK. I prefer to press the flesh. Louise? She was the hermit on the mountain that you see in the picture. She defended her Forest Gate, to her dying breath. Saint Peter had nothing up on Louise and my dad!

My question to Cy and Jake is...... how can you embrace Creation, if you cannot embrace the Earth? How, even, can you hug a tree, if you cannot hug your neighbor?

I say this to you....... Our ultimate challenge is just to embrace each other, here and now. If we can accomplish that, then we will have earned Eternity. Nothing more. Nothing less. Yes, this is our ultimate historical challenge. If you are trying to keep your powder dry, for a bigger challenge, then you are very liable to be left standing, when the music stops. It will be bye-bye........
    .... When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died.... So.....

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
    Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
    Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
    Singin' this'll be the day that I die
    This'll be the day that I die.....

(cont.)

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Cy,

I apologize for having been overly polemical with you. Jake and I are a bit more used to a no holds barred melee, and you just kinda got swept into that melee, purely through my own in-caution. I will strive to draw a greater distinction between my separate reactions, in the future.
    ------------

Now back to the J&D show/melee/mashup..........

The underlying assumption of the BPWH is that this is the best possible creation for us Creatures. In Creation, God is pouring himself out to his creatures, almost to exhaustion (crucifixion even?). It is then mainly up to us to reconstitute our Creator, as we become one with God. This maximally participatory Creation might best be viewed simply as a bootstrap process.

I want to continue to emphasize that this bootstrap is not a cycle, but, rather, a singular, best possible Circuit, embedded within Eternity.

If I were a creature, even, or especially, amongst creatures destined to become one with God, would this not be the best possible Creation for us?

Do we know of any children who would prefer to have an infinite number of siblings? That is just a non-starter.

But are 10^10 siblings not already just way too many of us? Does that not dilute our personal connection with our personal Creator? Does that not promote sibling rivalry? Well, it sometimes seems that the rivalry can be greater when there are just two siblings.

Also, given just one Creation, would we not want to cram as much variety into it as we could, while maintaining an overall coherence and organicity?

These are just some of the design considerations, and clearly there will be trade-offs. My challenge to the skeptics is to come up with a better design. Another very obvious consideration is the best possible balance between good and evil. A closely related balance is that between intervention and non-intervention, on the part of the Creator.

The general principle is that the more we can manage on our own, the better prepared we will be for the at-one-ment. The more evil that we can surmount on our own, the stronger we will be, both individually and collectively.

Will anyone please attempt to defend a different and better balance between these various, interrelated factors?

Another overriding principle is that all is well that ends well. The journey may be rough, at times, but will we not be able to look back on it with a great deal of satisfaction? That is the idea, and, given this teleological/bootstrap context, I am confident that we will not be disappointed.

The primary conceptual obstacle between ourselves and the BPWH is this notion that Creation must be quantitatively infinite. From whence came this notion? I suggest that it is an essential feature of our modern mindset, that we be cosmic orphans, lost in space and time. This is heroic existentialism/materialism. In our adolescent rebellion, we hurl our curses at the gods, while beating our breasts. We must prove that we can stand on our own two feet. And so we must, while God waits patiently for our spiritual maturity.

The few remaining Christians, try to make the best of our lostness. Theirs is the quintessential modern apologia. Mine is more like a postmodern apologia, complete with a metanarrative, no less.

(cont.)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

dan wrote:Cy,

I apologize for having been overly polemical with you. Jake and I are a bit more used to a no holds barred melee, and you just kinda got swept into that melee, purely through my own in-caution. I will strive to draw a greater distinction between my separate reactions, in the future.
    ------------

Thank you Dan. No worries. I support the efforts you and Jake are making. You at times wish to enlist my thoughts and opinions and in the instances I'm at liberty to respond, it can be complicated by prior and present assumptions built into standing statements. At times I cannot respond at all because of those assumptions. My only purpose in making an issue of this is to help you adjust your dialog wrt myself, so that we are free to converse with each other when possible.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:17 am

Cy,

Well, when you feel the time is right, I'll look forward to hearing more about your cosmology.

In the meantime, I continue to struggle, against all odds, in my quest to defend a small is beautiful cosmology. And before getting back to that central theme, allow me to digress into a seemingly more peripheral theme....... Occasionalism.

Occasionalism is a topic that I have occasionally broached before. I have always sensed that I needed to pay more attention to it, but had a hard time seeing it as more than a philosophical oddity.

The topic came up, yesterday, in our SfA seminar, led, as usual, by Bill. The ostensible topic for the next three weeks will be the sources of the Qur'an, ie other than the ostensible Gabriel, heretical though that topic might be, from the Muslim PoV. Bill, somewhat out of the blue, mentioned this oddity as having been culpable in bringing a premature end to the Islamic Renaissance of the latter part of the first millennium, CE.

I always have my iPad at the ready in the seminar, and, so, I once again went to the wikiP. For the first time, either I noticed, or it was reported, that Berkeley may be viewed as an occasionalist. Whoa, thought I, how did I miss this?

In fact, Occasionalism came front and center into the western Canon, through Descartes' mind-body dualism, even though Descartes, himself, did not tackle this issue head-on. Many of his successors did, including Malebranche, Hume and my buddy, Leibniz, with his pre-established Harmony. A not insignificant door swung open, in my little noggin.

That door opening...... was that cause and effect, or was it part of the pre-established harmony, or synchronicity, if you will?

Let's try the SEP, the CE, etc.......

But, off the top, let me just offer up a word hash........ associationism, vitalism, coherentism, teleology, panpsychism, intentionalism, etc..... You see why my little mind did a double-take...... had a minor seizure. Sometimes you need an out-lier to make sense of the in-liers.

It was many years ago that I first encountered occasionalism, and I recall being struck by its bizarre quality. Somehow, or because of that perceived weirdness, I did not immediately connect it with the BPWH. Or, perhaps, I was simply in denial...... denying that, for any modern 'sane' person, occasionalism ought to be the reductio ad absurdum of the BPWH. I simply wished to spare myself that trauma. Poor little me....

Leave it to the Jesuits to go for the jugular........
    Occasionalism (Latin occasio) is the metaphysical theory which maintains that finite things have no efficient causality of their own, but that whatever happens in the world is caused by God, creatures being merely the occasions of the Divine activity. The occasion is that which by its presence brings about the action of the efficient cause. This it can do as final cause by alluring the efficiency, cause to act, or as secondary efficient cause by impelling the primary cause to do what would otherwise be left undone. Occasionalism was foreshadowed in Greek philosophy in the doctrine of the Stoics who regarded God as pervading nature and determining the actions of all beings through the fundamental instinct of self-preservation.
    That is a mouthful, right there...... When chicken little dusts his little self off, he'll have some 'splainin' to do.......

And, before it slips my mind again, let me note-bene this ontological Chasm between infinite Creator and finite creatures. Notice how it is inserted here as, almost, a casual reminder, rather than as the lynchpin of Deism. Since when did the Catholics become deists? Clearly, occasionalism is occasioning a cosmic politics that lurks, like a shark, in these depths. Be wary, you who venture to stick a toe into this 'wading-pool'.

And, it should also be noted that, while occasionalism links Hume and Leibniz, it is rationalism that divides them. Also note that Descartes' 'meditations' were 'occasioned' by an eidetic dream.

1:10---------

Back to the CE entry.......
    If man is composed of two absolutely distinct substances that have nothing in common, then the conclusion of the Occasionalists is logically necessary and there is no interaction between body and mind. What appears to be such must be due to the efficient causality of some external being. This difficulty was not felt so keenly in Scholastic philosophy because of the doctrine of matter and form, which explains the relation of body and soul as that of two incomplete but complementary substances. Very soon, too, it began to lose its hold upon modern thought. For Cartesianism led, on the one hand, to a Monistic Spiritualism and, on the other, to Materialism. In either case the very foundations of Occasionalism were undermined.........

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 am; edited 4 times in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Cyrellys,
    I very much enjoyed and appreciated reading your post to Dan. But then that's nothing new, as I've always enjoyed how you weave your thoughts, the underlining roots upon which they spring, and their purposed intentions.

And I agree.
    Thank you
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Dan,
    In reading your questions posed to me, I don't see anything new, that hasn't been answered at length. And your sardonic 'baiting' of me, is unwelcoming a response. Furthermore, you forever continue to divert from answering my questions which specifically reveal the inconsistencies and incoherence in your hypothesis. As clearly displayed here again in the last 3 pages.

As you know, Dan, your religion is unattractive. It has been repulsive to all who have given it time to ponder. All who have come, leave. And you've closed your heart and mind from understanding 'why' this is.

I know why. However, even if I were to explain the reasons why, it has been my experience that it would likely appear to you as 'vanishing ink' on a page.

sigh

Well now Fall has arrive and I need prepare for the Winter. I will leave you with this mathematical anomaly....

Q: If G-d can be personal to one soul, how can G-d be personal to 12 souls?

A: He can, and He is.

Q: If then to 12, can He be personal to 100?

A: He can, and He is.

Q: Well then, can He be personal to 100 thousand?

A: Yes, Same answer

Q: How about 10 million souls? Is it possible?

A: Same again, G-d remains personal to each.

Q: OK, then how about one billion souls?

A: The evidence is conclusive, the answer remains the same.

Q: Alright then, can G-d possibly be personal to 10^10 souls?

A: Same again

Q: This is ridiculous, then what of a Quintillion souls?

A: ridiculous you say! how so?

Q: I don't know, I'm asking you. The earth couldn't even sustain a Quintillion. How could G-d be personal to so many?

A: Same as G-d is to one.

Who can count the stars.

--------------------------

Take care. I'll be reading from time to time, but will be preoccupied from investing in much dialog. It's been an interesting summer.

Cheers

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Jake,

I thank you for your continued patience, and wish you a happy hibernation, but I do hope that you will keep eating, in the interim, so as not to be too Bearish, come spring!

There is, however, one slight flaw in your mathematical reasoning, which should serve as a caution to all those who attempt to quantify the transcendent.........

On your arithmetic hypothesis, then, the true theist should adhere to the 'Biopsism' of the Cabots and Kiekegaard....... the Lowells speak only to the Cabots, and the Cabots speak only to God..... an I/Thou philosophy, taken to its extreme

I accuse my fellow Christians of Deism........

On yours and their view, we, creatures are finite, while God is infinite. The infinitude of God is reflected mainly in the infinitude of his Creation, which, in turn, is thought to reflect his infinite capacity to love his infinitude of creatures.

So far, so good........, except that there remains an eternal and infinite chasm between us and God. This is just the hallmark of Deism.

But, if this Chasm is indelible, then I fail to see the point of the X-event. Was that event not intended, precisely, to bridge the 'apparent' Chasm?

Why did no one get this message, besides Chicken Little, with his 'disturbing' message?

Only in an eschatological context can the essential transcendence of the creatures break through its mundane mold. This is precisely our transformation from cancer to Chrysalis.

Understand, Jake, that I am essentially a transcendentalist. I know of no other Christians who are, explicitly, certainly not as explicit as this.

Does an infinite Creation abrogate transcendence?

God's self-defined intent is to redeem Creation. What is meant by that?

In the Bible, redemption appears in two forms.........

1.) Restoration

2.) Rapture.

Me? I put Rapture way ahead of restoration. All we are Raptured. Only '144,000' partake of the restoration. Hey, they don't call me a transcendentalist for nothing!

And what is the Rapture? How does it differ from the Resurrection? Up to this point, I have never quite had the 'occasion' to draw this distinction, explicitly. So, here goes nothing........

Along with my fellow Christians, I associate the Resurrection with Judgment Day. That's why I give it very little truck. It cuts no ice with me.

Rather, I associate the Resurrection with the Restoration. The New Earth is the Restoration. The New Heaven is the Rapture. The New Jerusalem, or mothership, is our bridge back to the Megalithic, and forward to our At-one-ment, with God.

IOW, to put this on a theological basis, I believe in the phenomenology of sin, but not in its ontology. I am a monist, not a dualist. I believe in the phenomenology of sin, separation and Satan, but not in their ontology. All we are saved. We were never truly lost. But God did have to cut the apron-strings, although not our umbilical cord, in order for us to stand on our own two feet, existentially speaking.

Actually, and historically speaking, I do believe that the only true transcendentalists were the Unitarians. Why did they feel it necessary to burn the Bridge? Why did they suppose that Jesus was a better window than a door? Hmmm...... That's not such a bad question.

I think there is a simple answer...... All the Trinitarians were already, implicitly viewing Jesus as a window, rather than as a door. The Unitarians simply called what seemed to be a window, a window, and so, some of them were burned at the stake, for being a tad too candid.

And now here comes Chicken Little, simply pointing out that a door is a door......!

Me? As the SoT, I'm simply the window to the Door. Don't mind me!

3:30--------

Or, IOW, Jesus is not the door to heaven, Jesus is our door to God...... to the Kindom within.

How did my fellow Xians get so muddled on this simple point? Hmmm........

How did we Xians get so hung up on externalities? It must have been part of the Passover Plot. What were we passing over, and why?

Well, BCE, it was the Deists vs the mystics/pantheists. The J-man came to confound that distinction. He came to confound the wisdom of the world. The cross has made foolish the wisdom of the world. Indeed it has. I have the trepidation to believe that I have seen through that foolishness. The new, apocalyptic wisdom is just to see that the Kingdom is within. It is about our direct connection with God. It is not about Heaven nor about Creation. Everything is to be subsumed within God, the cosmic Self. This is the Rapture..... it is not the Resurrection nor the Restoration. How do I convey this message to the world? How will it be conveyed?

It is very difficult for us to let go of the world, and all its apparent wisdom. We are so enthralled with the phantasmagoric phenomenology of the world, that we have neglected its simple ontology. We see the trees, and not the forest. We are engrossed in God's pleroma..... in his and our playpen. It will be time to set aside our childish things. We are not a cancer. We are God's own Chrysalis. God gave us transcendental wings for one reason only...... so that we could fly.

(cont.)

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Thank you,
    A couple of your points help me to sum it up...
    dan wrote:Jake,

Does an infinite Creation abrogate transcendence?
    Infinity is beyond everyone's understanding, including yours. No man can fathom it.

I respectfully do not use 'infinite' in my holistic view of creation. However seeing past 10^10 souls or even a gazillion, is not too difficult to do. Which was part of my point.

However, that you would presume to number the souls of creation, is absurd, lacking any semblance to a CTOT.

God's self-defined intent is to redeem Creation.
    'Jesus' and I disagree with you. G-d's self-defined intent is to plant seeds to produce a family of G-d. Earth is a part of Creation, but it is not all. Redemption is not the intent, it simply is. And the conception and understanding of Redemption is merely a required soul development process toward the achievement of G-d's greater intent.

I'm a red-letter man. What the "son of man" taught is quite different than the religion and eschatology you are making up. And his is coherent with all Creation, whereas yours is not.

I'm not going off to hibernate. Staying here in this hollow, would be to hibernate. Rather, on to engage in things that are more suitable for my talents and gifts. To works more constructive and serving to human needs and the greater whole.

Happy travels and searching, Dan.
    I'll stop in from time to time.
    Be well.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm

'Jesus' and I disagree with you. G-d's self-defined intent is to plant seeds to produce a family of G-d. Earth is a part of Creation, but it is not all. Redemption is not the intent, it simply is. And the conception and understanding of Redemption is merely a required soul development process toward the achievement of G-d's greater intent.

Hmmm......

What Jake seems to be saying is that Creation is Eternal. This may be true, but then what is the relation between Eternity and this allegedly eternal Creation? Is Jake the only Christian who believes that Creation is eternal. I suspect that many modern Christians do so believe, but, for what should be obvious reasons, they are reluctant to admit this in public.

The reason that modern Christians are reluctant to admit their desire for an eternal Creation is just because they are unwilling to admit their belief in eternal progress. Why all this subterfuge? Why has Jake failed to comprehend the reluctance of his fellow Christians to embrace the ETH?

The simple reason is that most Christians, even after all these years, and modern progress, still take John 3:16 seriously. Why should they be so stubborn, in their quaint silliness?

So, what is this silly verse........?
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hmmm...... Everlasting life? Ok, but where? In Creation or someplace else? Most Christians suppose that this comes in the next life. But doesn't that mean that they will miss out on eternal progress?

How could the abstract notion of heaven possibly compete with the very tangible idea of eternal progress?

(cont.)

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Lets put aside what most So called Christians believe and lets take a moment to describe what constitute IMO what a true Christian is ? Is it not to really be a Christian is to be a disciple of Christ and to the best of our abilities to be Christ like? IMO I find very few So called Christians who follow the example to strive for yet believe that the only need to ascend to Heaven is to accept Christ as our Savior. IMO this is wrong it is the true actions in our actions to all things That allow us to ascend rather then just asking for forgiveness. Anyone can ask for forgiveness for themselves. but the real salvation requires deeds without the expectation of reward. Just my opinion on this issue
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am

IPF,

You are absolutely correct about what it is to be a bonafide human and/or christian, since I don't think there should be that great a distinction.

Nonetheless, I do believe that the wide acceptance of the notion that we are special, in the eyes of our Creator has played an essential role in human advancement, over the centuries. And how better could this specialness have been conveyed to us, other than through the supreme sentiment spelled out in John 3:16? No other statement has come close.

So why am I not able to leave well enough, alone? What can the BPWH possibly bring to this table? Does Jesus' message not stand for all time? Is there an expiration date? Hmmm......

Yes and no.......

Creation is both temporal and eternal, depending on your PoV. All great sages speak to both aspects of us and the world. Jesus was no exception, in this regard. Yet, it is essential to understand that his most basic message was necessarily embedded within the prophetic tradition. Outside of that tradition, it loses its traction. How so?

The simple fact is that the very notions of prophecy and tradition ring hollow with us moderns. They have lost their traction with us. We can barely grasp the smallness of that world. Nonetheless, the Christians amongst us do not wish to throw out El Nino, with the bath water of nostalgia. And so they do their level best to graft El Nino into our brave new world of Billions and Billions of whatevers. And so we feel slightly less lost, in the infinite depths of space and time. We can only admire their brave efforts. It seems rather like the astronaut bringing his teddy-bear along on the rocket-ship.

And along comes chicken-little, tripping through the tulips, while tilting against the icy blasts from those depths. How quaint! How poignant.

Iceman? No, sorry, that's not me.

So what happens to me when I find out that small was not meant to be? That the sky is not going to fall, that Atlas will not shrug? What would have happened to anyone who had been so silly to have subscribed to the BPWH? Will we then be able to revert to the Teddy-bear mode? Hmmm.........

The stronger the Christian, the less she needs to support her faith. She can face the lions in the vast arena, alone. Not me. I need a sign. Perhaps not another one, in my brief lifetime, but I need to be confident that help is on the way.

It's not that I'm such a good Christian. It's more that I'm a lousy materialist. Hey, I would even be a lousy pantheist, deist, you name it. Clearly, I was not made for modernity. I could only take it for about twenty years. That was my limit, evidently.

Somehow I managed to find a loophole in the cold, hard shell of materialism, and I never felt the slightest desire to look back. I guess I was just born too late. So why can't I leave my former, modernist colleagues alone? I must be trying to assuage my hidden doubts...... needing a constant intellectual reassurance...... me, here, in my pre-modern, bubble world.

Nonetheless, even, or especially, the most hard-core materialist is also committing an act of faith...... faith that nothing will ever go bump in the night. In that respect, they have a mountain of faith, next to my mere mustard seed! I would be laying awake nights, fearing the next bump. They seem to sleep so peacefully.

Or are they just extraordinarily brave, whistling past the graveyard, on a moonless, bone-chilling night? Bless their brave hearts!

My bump in the night was the anthropic principle. One little rustle in the eves, and chicken little went scurrying for shelter...... all the way to the CIA! I wasn't intending for that to sound funny, but pardon me for just one minute...... rofl.....

Speaking of which, whatever happened to CK? Hmmm...... What happened to that tape, with we know who? Well...... davy jones does have his uses.....

3pm---------

It does seem that I making an invidious distinction between eternity and eternal progress. Who am I to have an opinion on the matter? I know next to nothing more than anyone else, on either score. I am simply offering a few 'educated' guesses.

I hold no brief against material progress, per se, and I know of no one who does, beyond those who point to its probably avoidable collateral damage to the environment. Given an unalloyed progress, could there ever be too much of it? That is not obvious to most of us.

And what about eternity? How is that not an invitation to eternal boredom, stagnation? Suffice it to say, Eternity has not been getting a good press, in modern times. And who am I to question this received wisdom?

Hmmm..........

Golly, just what is my brief, my beef? Let's face it, some of were just born to be contrary.

Well, let's try to be cautious, here.......

It is difficult not to notice that, even amongst the beneficiaries of progress, there has been a notable degree of existential angst/alienation. Will a whiff of eternity cure that angst, anymore than brimstone did?

In the past, I've been focusing mainly on the possibility that it may take a miracle of some kind to save civilization from one of several possible disasters. If there were a God, and if she were more attentive to our human foibles, it would seem that she could have prevented us from getting into any such dire circumstances, and, furthermore, could have afforded us a few more centuries of material progress, along with a bit more brotherly love, in the process. But I don't think this quite gets to the heart of the BPWH.

I'm hardly the first one to question our belongingness to this world. Of late, it has been mainly the province of the existentialists. From whence did they get the idea? Suffice it to say that alienation has been endemic to the human condition, since when.

Whose fault is this? Why couldn't God have arranged for us to feel more at home in the cosmos? Doesn't the anthropic principle speak to the remarkable commodiousness of our world? And so does the BPWH, of course, which is based essentially upon the strong AP.

So what's our problem? Where are those unhatched chickens that we seem so insistent upon counting? Do they lie just around the corner, in the future, or, rather, in this very nebulous notion of a hereafter? Why not settle for the bird in the hand, rather than for the one in the bush?

And...... besides........ what's the rush?? Anyone who is impatient for Eternity, just be our guest....... With universal salvation, what's holding anyone back? Practice what we preach. No? We must be chicken! I'm just looking for a shortcut that I'm too afraid to take on my own. I'm definitely hedging my bets, it would seem. Pascal was just a piker, in that department.

Whatever possessed the Neanderthals to bury their dead, with jewelry, even? Even the great apes evince mourning, and they do attempt to cover their dead with leaves, at least. Is that not just a natural emotion?

The idea of a soul has been with us since when. Soul survival? From whence came that, aside from the very occasional NDE? Still, there is something missing.

Is it finally just a gut feeling that this isn't quite all there is, Alfie? Is it implausible that we have been thrown into the cosmos? But by whom or what? Is it just by our own stupidity or dumb luck that we should have ended up, here?

The materialists, of course, would just be laughing in their cups, were any so bored as to eavesdrop on this endless monologue.

Yet, there does seem to be some sort of personal identity in play, that is rather less than explicable, on mechanistic terms. There is that very strong 'illusion' of a unity of consciousness, focused on what we usually agree to talk about as a self. Just a social convention? A disease of language? Perhaps yes, perhaps not.

6:40-----------

There is a stream of consciousness, but who can say that they have seen its source. Who has plumbed its depths? Of which should we be more in awe....... the starry sky above, or the moral code within?

Must we make a cosmic case of these oddities? Of these not totally correlated phenomena?

I do, but only on spec. Hey, I can be a cosmic bench-warmer, if I want to be. Have I not enough conviction to get off my rear end? Well, sit a few years on this bench, and then tell me.
    --------------

If you ask me for my brief against atomism, it might begin with gravity. Gravity is turning out to be the Great White Whale (GWW) of physics. Why did that apple fall on Isaac's little noggin? Well, all the King's men remain stumped. The ultraviolet catastrophe of light waves led Einstein to invent the photon. Handling the infrared catastrophe of photons led to....... atomic orbitals and the stability thereof.

What about the infrared catastrophe for gravitons? That problem has been subsumed by the generally insolvable nature of quantum gravity, at all energies.

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am