Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeToday at 7:57 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:09 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:08 pm by Mr. Janus

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:37 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
dylan OMF-Original
ScaRZ
IPFreely
Cyrellys
Mur
Paul Chefurka
Jake Reason
Bard
Admin
dan
15 posters

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Empty Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Testing.......

Yes, it is working.

Congratulations to Cyrellys & Co.!

I will be continuing the BPWH blog from Compass Morainn, which was a continuation from the original OMF site on ProBoards, which is in the process of being re-archived from that site.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Jake,

You suggest that I view God as being INCONSISTENT........

No, it is much more simple than that.......

I simply point out that the Self-revealing God is also, necessarily, a Self-concealing God.

In order for his creatures to ever gain their sense of freedom and independence, he had to cover his tracks as their Creator. How else, and how better, to do this than by creating a natural seeming backdrop to the historical drama on Earth?

Eternity simply does not fit with an Eternal creation. If you think it does, Jake, then please explain how. If you are unable to grasp this problem, then you have utterly failed to grasp the BPWH.

4pm--------

Jack, bless his heart, while failing to respond directly to my earlier points, today, has forwarded these points to a very significant portion of his mail list. The ball is back in my court, and the court has just been expanded.

5:15---------

Now this, from an anonymous, downeast source........

Concerning Jeb's prospects, in the event of a Romney/Ryan meltdown, in the context of the Eastwood fiasco......

Background...... Yes, W was a mama's boy, alienating HW, but Nancy and W continue to be close. Barabara was always nasty to her sisters-in-law. Jeb has remained outside of this dynamic, serious one that he is. How might Jeb overcome this Freudian/Jungian obstacle? Should we care?

In the meantime, Jack points to a Frontiers of Physics meeting in London, that could involve.....
    possibly B.J. Carr Pres of Psychic Research Society Professor of Physics Univ London
    Brian Josephson
    Rupert Sheldrake
    Clive Prince & Lynn Picknett - authors of Star Gate Conspiracy & other relevant books Forbidden Universe
    and others of the usual suspects - maybe Uri Geller.
    Yes, being able to participate in such a meeting would, IMHO, be an OICNR. No?

6:20---------

There is a potential principal, here, who may be connected with the British government, by the name of S Daniel, who may be visiting Jack, in the next few days. Yes, he does seem a bit sketchy, but aren't we all?

7:15-------

Jack will be able to meet with DS in London. He claims to need a commitment from me to meet with him, in London, on the 11th.

9:30------

Corr........ Jack hopes to meet with DS, in London, on the 11th, but claims to need a commitment from me, before then. Ok, I think we're on the same page.

(cont.)

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 pm

dan wrote:Jake,

You suggest that I view God as being INCONSISTENT........
    Yes.

No, it is much more simple than that.......

I simply point out that the Self-revealing God is also, necessarily, a Self-concealing God.

In order for his creatures to ever gain their sense of freedom and independence, he had to cover his tracks as their Creator. How else, and how better, to do this than by creating a natural seeming backdrop to the historical drama on Earth?
    Do you truly feel this hypothesis is coherent?

Last edited by Jake Reason on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:58 pm

dan wrote:
    >

Why then, Jake, do you keep beating your head against this wall?
    I'm trying to talk you out of being crazy.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 am

Allow me to apologize to my diary for not having checked in, yesterday, but I was attending the second annual Baltimore Grand Prix, with Throop....... Baltimore won! And it was green, too. For the first time, ever, in auto sports history, the pace car was a bus, an MTA bus, and she did lay down some mean rubber!

Jake,

And how could it be possible that Self-concealment not be the logical concomitant of Self-revealment?

And while we're back on your case, Jake, allow me to revisit that infinite creation of yours, yet again..........

Why limit God to just one infinite Creation? Why not have an infinite number of infinite Creations? On your view, would not God be diminished by not having an infinite^2 Creation?

Could there ever be too many creations, or too big a Creation, on your view? Scientific opinion has vacillated as to whether our universe is finite or infinite. Would you feel cheated, if it turned out to be finite, after all?

And what, pray tell, Jake, is the point of a prophetic tradition, if it doesn't point the way back to our Source?

But, if there are multiple Creations, could there not also be multiple sources? Does this not raise the possibility of a cosmic Grid-lock? Where is the coherence in that? At what point in the proliferation of creations would we not have to confront the great likelihood of an infinity of demi-urges? Which demi-urge is greater, more loving?

Your infatuation, Jake, with the very abstract concept of a material/quantitative infinity, and especially with the neo-pantheist notion of Perpetual progress/evolution, is simply the #1 logical disease of the Modern mind. That you suffer from it, is not at all surprising. That it keeps you from embracing your personal Creator, is just the essence of our modern tragedy.

Noon----------

Now, back to current events.......

Well over a week after my close encounter with Jack, the flavor and the possibilities still persist.

For the first time in history, another person has had a close encounter with the BPWH. Not that anything was proven, far from it, but, from that point forward, the burden of proving it's implausibility has been decisively shifted to the side of the skeptics. All they have to do is look at that last, 40' video of Jack and me, to sense that a tide has turned.

It has taken me 35 years to find that first non-denier. I trust that it will not take that long to find our next.

Was Jack born again? Yes, there is some truth to that. How......?

He was born again, out of crisis, as is often the case? A crisis of the Spirit? Yes, again.....

Yes, Jack had been a true-believing neo-pantheist....... Perpetual progress/evolution.....

What caused him to second-guess that deep faith? It was just the crash of '08! Was Jack just a day-tripping pantheist? Are there any who are not?

What are those vows that many of us take.....? ".....in sickness and in health......" So, at the first touch of flu, Jack is out the door......?

Well, let us just say that the economic influenza of '08 has provided more than a few of us, especially those of us in our age of spiritual majority, an opportunity to rethink our priorities. Jack, quite evidently, has been one of these. Praise the Lord, and pass the Laphroaig!

So now arises the question of London, in the second week of October. Will the magic persist? Can we afford not to find out? What if it doesn't? Well, once we have seen Paris, i.e. the melting of just one tiny ice cube, i.e. Jack, I know that all things are possible.

Why did I ever suppose that Jack would not be the first amongst equals? Was it not inevitable? Sure, especially with the benefit of hindsight.

Am I also saying...... mission accomplished?! Who, me......? Hey, even if it takes ten more years to find #3, I don't care. I have still seen Paris.....

Date: September 2, 2012 1:43:03 PM EDT
    To: JACK SARFATTI
    Cc: Kim, B Saunders, GaryBekkum

>>> Subject: Re: Is Material Reality the Collision Between Quantum Mind's History and Destiny?

P.s. and FYI.........

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t6p225-hello-cy-hello-omf-ii#451.

On Sep 2, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

OMG, Jack........

What do we know that Ruth K doesn't know?  What might she know that we don't?  

Might she agree with the subject line of this email?  

Does Ruth know you?  She teaches at my nearby, former alma mater.  Need to touch base.  Yes?  

Our Troops are assembling, to march off to battle.....  If we wish to lead them, we will have to hurry-scurry?  No?  

[......]

On Sep 1, 2012, at 3:18 PM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:

http://transactionalinterpretation.org

4:40---------

If you wish to have an inside track on the J&D show, then you need to compare the lensman137 videos..... 2010 v. 2012. If it's not like night and day, then I'll have to eat my hat.

So, yes, from that perspective, London will be an important bridge back to the, not so secret, UFO conference in November. Bruce M will be there, along with John A. and, probably, Jaques V. (5:30----- oh, dear, time does fly, when we're having fun.....).

Ok, just had convos with Ron, Gordon and Sam. Everything is relatively copacetic, although Gordon is not in good shape. He may have lost his foot. If he dies with his boots on, it will be only one boot.

In the meantime, Deborah and I are tracking the Pine Creek fire incident, which may be threatening L-S, where Louise's husband is still holding out. A cold front just passed through, so there are a couple of days of reprieve.

This is something that I keep a close watch on............

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/world/middleeast/settlers-of-west-bank-outpost-evicted.html?hp.

There are those who wish to play Russian roulette, in these Endtimes. But, rest assured, God is not playing dice......

6:35----------

And here is another form of Russian roulette.......

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/business/economy/us-companies-prepare-in-case-greece-exits-euro.html?hp

(cont.)

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Dan
    Let me ask in parts about about TBPWH so that I may ask if you may consider some changes to you belief. I only do this so I may more fully understand where you stand. First off do you believe the so called PTB/Elite who currently run the banking, media, government affairs should be continued to be allowed in their roles or removed by what ever means needed so the masses may be freed from the enslavement we now live under?
    Second do you believe that it is necessary for a culling/depopulation of our world at this time. I seem to remember you referring to the human race as a cancer on this planet and as I somewhat agree to a point but the cause of this condition is from the conditions most humans must live in. The survival instinct will drive many to do things they know has undesirable effects to our planet.
    I honestly believe you have our race and planet in your best interest I would just like to have a better understanding of where you are coming from.
    One small insight of the person I am is that after I finish this post I am going to write a letter to a very good friend of mine who has been on Death row for the last 15 years. He is a good man who did some very bad thing (He is considered a serial killer convicted of 3 murders and suspected of more). And I continue our friendship because he has been judged and sentenced as he should have been IMO yet to me he was a great mentor and employer. I guess that's a start I am trying to understand you better and offer you more insight to myself.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm

IPF,

Thank you for calling me, yesterday. I do wish that more people would call more often. It does help to clarify misconceptions on both sides. Nonetheless, I remain mystified as to any specific issues on which we may disagree. I have the impression that IPF is so concerned to not offend me, somehow, that he would rather that our conversation remain at the level of generalities. This is ok by me, but it does restrict our opportunity for mutual understanding.

And I will have more to say about this conversation, anon.......
    -------------

In the meantime, I've been struggling to followup, conceptually, on the visit with Jack......

Just by perusing the relevant wiki articles, I'm being reminded of how many physical theories have been proposed, which are more amenable to dealing with...... what shall we say..... Self-contained cosmologies..... to try to keep this grab bag as general as possible. There are many possible ways of grappling with this enormous problem.

In general, there is a continuing (growing?) undercurrent of dissatisfaction, especially amongst cosmologists, concerning the extravagant, unbounded multiplication of worlds that is required to rationalize, or even to formalize, the observed peculiarities, and seeming anomalies, that are built into our most advanced theories of physics.

It is Max Tegmark, of MIT, who has made an icon of this wanton profligacy of worlds, by ordering it into four distinct levels or types of infinity. It is these levels that Jack and I discuss in our recent video on YouTube/lensman137.

The BPWH provides, almost by definition, the only escape route from this Meinong's jungle, this ontology gone wild.

It is, however, an enduring mystery, as to the lack of academic or any other kind of interest, in this excruciatingly simple solution to such a flagrant problem. I ascribe this blindspot to the no-man's land that exists between science and religion. Anything smacking of anthropics, falls right into that cultural chasm, where angels fear to tread. Therein lies the insanity of Danianity. Only a Sophia's fool would venture therein, with the help of occasional provocations from Ron and Jack.

5:45---------

And this brings me back to the London question......

The recent visit with Jack was the most important event in my sheltered little life, in an uncountable number of moons. Should I not then be jumping at the invitation for a followup in London?

Am I afraid to push the luck of Sophia? Yes.

That visit would be a hard act to follow, probably for both of us.

At the same time, I want everyone who needs to know, that Chicken Little stands ready to hop on a plane to the far corners of the world to discharge whatever might be his obligations wrt the Old Lady. That's exactly what I did when, with 36 hrs notice, I made it to the dock of the bay. And I will do it again, in the blink of an eye. I will even throw caution to the wind, when the wind seems to be blowing in the right direction. I will even do my best rendition of Leopold Bloom, in the streets of Dublin, SF, London, etc....... when the moon is in the seventh heaven, or whatever.....

When I'm not being tame as a kitten on the hearth, I am a free spirit. What it takes to make that transition is well beyond my ken. Sometimes I'm able to know it when I see it. Someone has to whisper a sweet nothing in my ear. In the meantime I tend to this little garden, where I can watch the silver bells.....?!! Shades of Adrian S......?

6:40----------

Tegmark defines the Blue Sky of our dreams. (Blue Sky = Perpetual Progress.) Chicken Little is about the falling of that sky, about the knowledge implosion, aka/dba the MoAPS. Anyone who is not reaching for that gold ring, is seriously out of the loop...... the CTC.

7:15-----------

A Redoubt of Learning Holds Firm........
    Founded in 1660, the Royal Society is the world’s oldest continuous scientific society. Newton, Christopher Wren, Robert Boyle and many more came together in a spirit of revolutionary if at times eccentric inquiry. Magic and alchemy greatly fascinated the society’s founders.

King Charles II granted the society a royal charter in 1662, and for centuries it hitched a ride on the back of Britain’s imperial ambitions. Explorers, scientific-minded military officers and colonial officials, and merchants — not just British — collected specimens, mapped unknown lands and recorded observations in every corner of the globe. And they shipped all of this, with accompanying essays, to the Royal Society.
    A political crisis that followed the death of Cromwell in 1658 resulted in the restoration of the monarchy, and Charles was invited to return to Britain. On 29 May 1660, his 30th birthday, he was received in London to public acclaim. After 1660, all legal documents were dated as if Charles had succeeded his father as king in 1649.

This is where we're coming from.......

(cont.)

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank Dan
    I too enjoyed the opportunity to speak on the phone very much. I being a very intuitive type of person feel I can gather much about a person by how they treat you. And yes I make put great effort into never trying to insult anyone for any reason. I find that in my faith of Christ I am obligated to be as Christ-like as possible.
    Also as we discussed I have some collage education but did not finish so some of what you speak of is a bit above my understanding at times. The benefit of this is it motivates me to try and learn more to better understand. And that is a blessing in its self.

Really my current question is if your BPWH is meant by your standards to only be understood and accepted by those who have the most influence in today's world. Or if as I feel that the world would be better served by a higher realization by all of humanity of the need for change to save our self's and our world. I know that that is a big task but one I personally believe is gaining momentum.
    Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Dan:

It has been some time since I have desired to tread these muddy and oftentimes tepid waters, preferring instead to linger on a well worn branch in over watch, listening more while speaking less. I have often wondered - If Sophia would have allowed you to speak more as a poet and less as a physics provocateur, would you succeed in reaching further inward, touching more souls? Perhaps you were to be the Muse with the impossible tasks. Many of your messages are lost in translation - dead on arrival - while tethered to the cold fingers of science despite their apparent sincerity. Communication is necessary but the Language must be understood.

I can feel the hunted heartbeats within several of your guests. They fear what Mother will do to achieve her ends in correcting the imbalance of man vs. nature. Can you blame them for clamoring to this end or that Mothers will always push from the nest so that a few might live?

Does a self-correcting Universe demand such actions (nest) or shall we attribute it to God/Sophia/etc reclamation processes under the guise of corrupted free will run amok. Many must die so a few may prosper? Is that how it has to be?

Where’s the secret door of destiny?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:40 am

IPF, MD02, et al.,

When it comes down to the simple task of tallying our own numbers, even the math geniuses start getting befuddled......

Do any of you understand that, barring technological miracles of absolutely unprecedented magnitude, there are limits to the growth of humanity and of our voracious appetite for consuming resources??

So, lacking natural predators, we must bring our own numbers under control. In the economically advanced countries, we have already done that, voluntarily. In fact, many such countries are well below replacement level. Do you know what that means? That means that women are having less than 2.1 children, on average, which number is the replacement level, which means that, in the longer run, the human population will decline, naturally, without any sort of die-off.

In most of the developing world, the fertility rates are continuing to drop dramatically, but are still, generally, well above the replacement level. Nonetheless, most experts predict that the human population will level off, at around 10 billion, or less.

So, why am I talking about 144 million??

All I'm trying to do is connect the cosmological dots in the ouroboric BPWH......

The two big ones are the Alpha and the Omega. Yes? They define the 'spark-gap' in our, otherwise, closed timelike curve (CTC), which is our historical metanarrative.

Read your bible, and look at the obverse of the Great Seal. What do we see?

We see a Noah's ark, landing on, taking off from the Great Pyramid! That's where we will be in 200 years. That is our Stargate, to and from Eternity! That is our point of ingress and egress. Comprene??

That is how our ancestors arrived. That is how our progeny will depart. Yes? This is how we complete our Singular, best possible, Circuit of Life!

The ancient wisdom, taken altogether, points to ~12 cosmic portals, stargates on the Earth, aligning, more or less, with the Zodiacal gates/houses.

IMHO, these portals correspond, roughly, with some twelve of our ancient megalithic cultures/cities, Giza being the quintessential one. Ok?

The global meta-mythos speaks to a metanaartive of about 6,000 years duration, or about one-quarter of a great Precessional year. Six thousand years ago was our Alpha point, when we were deep in the recesses of our aboriginal Dreamtime. There need only be a quasi-alignment with any sort of acheological datings.

Putting this all together, in the most coherent, continuous manner possible, we then have some dozen Noah's time-machines, back from our own future, bringing our ancestors onto the Earth, at the appointed megalithic portals. Let us say 12,000 passengers per ship, just about the size of a modern cruise ship.

The other side of that coin is our exodus to Eternity........

We will have just as long as we wish, in order to choreograph our best possible processional/recessional into Heaven.

The only caveat is that we exercise a reasonable diligence in preparing the Earth to be returned to its primeval/primordial state, i.e. back to the megalithic Gardens of Eden. Any one for the hanging gardens of Babylon, you know, the ones on the Tower?!!

Leave only footprints, take only memories......

IOW/IMHO, the ~144 million will be the residual clean-up crew, as we have gradually expedited the rural return to its primeval/organic state. As the great majority of us finish our migration back to the final dozen or so megalopolises, spaced around the globe, with about 12 million inhabitants, apiece.

Anything wanting, with this picture?

The final 'rebooting' of our Earthly 'holodeck' will be accomplished in the near total absence of any of us. Thus do we have the Noah-like reseeding of humanity.

This transitional, Omega >> Alpha, 'rebooting' is the Source of the universal Atlantean mythos of the Flood...... it is precisely there, that our Future meets our Past. Is this not obvious, once we understand the Einstein-like curvature of our historical timeline?

Look, everyone, none of this is written in stone. I'm just throwing out some ballpark figures, for the sake of our continuing discussion. The challenge is to see if we can find any better way to connect these cosmological dots. Have at it.......

If any of your progeny have a strong desire to participate in that final cleanup crew, they are welcome to it. The rest of us, I believe, will be quite content to make our egress to Heaven, in the more natural fashion. And, in the meantime, there will be very much less social pressure for us to keep reproducing ourselves. Yes? Once we have seen Paris, it will be hard to keep us down on the Farm.

11:40----------

It is very important that we understand the time symmetry wrt to the aboriginal Dreamtime. This symmetry is what I first picked up from Owen Barfield's metanarrative of human history, wherein he speaks of original participation and final participation, which provide the ingress and egress from our historically mediated ego consciousness, which he refers to as beta-thinking or idolatry. See also Julian Jaynes' 'Origin of Consciousness'.

Also.... NB...... the seminal source for the time-frame of the Metanarrative is de Santillana's Hamlet's Mill.

Putting all these together, takes us to within spitting distance of the BPWH, in the context of an immaterialist, pre-Coperinican cosmology. No? It's as easy as taking candy from a baby, while falling off a log.......

(cont.)

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi Dan your last post was quite helpful And I do believe I am just starting to understand where you are coming from. Really do not have anything to add at the moment but do appreciate when you can explain in less scientific terms for us lacking the education to grasp it.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm

---------------------
    ADDENDUM:: added 9/6/12........

The following, very rough summary of the Jack & Dan 8/21/12 video, posted to YouTube, under lensman137, was submitted by a third-party, and I posted it here, unedited, which is how it will remain. I was aware, at that time, of some very significant discrepancies and/or misapprehensions. I will endeavor to clarify these discrepancies, starting on my post for 9/6/12....... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t6p240-hello-cy-hello-omf-ii#467

In the meantime, please review the original video on YouTube........

---------------------

The following, is an outline of the 46' video of J&D, on lensman137, submitted by an acquaintance.......

Moving past the 3 min mark, what we have is ... hmn ... something ... particle horizen moving beyond now to the light tone (Art Bell did this one almost two decades ago ... egyptian structures with focal points in them where you could hear the music (tones) of the universe.

Dan brings up "anthropocentric"

Jack   thought waves and quantum waves with time going for a hayride

postulation of alpha point

holocgraphic

basically the picture

interpersonal schemes among various thinkers to get to top of monkey bars first

loop in time
    closed time like curve
    david deutsch
    ideas are loops in time
    teleological ...ie being created by future as well as past ... saaaayyyy whuuuuttth?

As I tune out I think how these ideas could be converted, morphed, into western movie characters

whoa
    ut and et and abduction ... telephone calls ... littel voices  ... omega has information capactiy ... omega vs alpha

universe and dark energy and cosmic intelligence and dominance (uh huh, here is the literary prelude to the beer hall chicks)

moving past ten minute mark

Kurtz file singularity (it's all on chicks now)

setting up the bar hopping venture
    hologram (quantum dynamics of beer hall women)

illusions

plate ... horizon plate

mind of God

horizon is piece of hardware ... einstein  and anti gravity machine ??? nah, just kidding here  GN hopping in at this point ... oops, back to reality

silly talk

doom and gloom

collapse of Lehmann Bros
    Mafia now runs wallstreet
    fascism

contrast:  metaphysics ... dan in this at '66
    concluded unlike Jack physics is not answer to human predicament
    henry adams
    social darwinism, marxism
    3rd reich fascism millenium g Bush sr, clinton

Dan disillusioned by final solution on physical basis, lost in desert until read jack's and allen wolf in '75
    jesuit power of corporations
    corporate mind manipulation
    jack became dissident after gulag
    dan's blog only exception, but nobody agrees

so ... yakeer (jakir?)  destiny vector and history vector : wheel of something

jack's space time ad beyond ...  never before went to sleep on 3/4 bottle of beer at 5pm ...

final measurement from back to future
    wave function incomplete per einstein

yaqui ?  that's an indian group in mexico

maybe it's some french dude Jacque ??

antrhopic principle ... dan found it in a footnote

dan, princeton 64-66

unmentionable principle = anthropic principle  still unmentionable after 50 years

moderator: theological implications?

dollars and public

dan now going to connect dots

sophia encounter  tuned in in 77   mutha of all paradigm shifts

explicate order to implicate order

stubbornly persistent illusion

fiddling around with what's what

jack ... various types of orders expecially implicate order

dan small step ellie  or L.A.

mind melding with universe and time (dan)

information transfer with regard to future

anthony valentini young physicist

dan guzzling water

24 minute barrier transcended

mil intel spying

agreement between dan and jack

consciouness leads back to future ... jack

dan wrapping it up now:

various latin prefixes and suffixes tossed like a salad

starmaker
    black cloud
    does computer give damn about man ... jack

seems as though ... computer needs man to complete it

2008 and jack's cynicalism

26 minutes

top gun dude suicide convo

rational decision     jack yea, moderator yea, dan no comment

dan    computer in the sky

jack miracle only thing that can save us from imminent catastrophe
    (here I suspect these characters are projecting their personal mortality concerns ... very typical of thinkers to do this)

new world order
    hawking

First bottle of Corona down the hatch

will of computer

indistinguishable words

computer pirates shooting rockets at oil tankers and world federation taking care of problem

jack    election anxiety    misgivings about both dems and repubs

mj12  contact with computer  shamballah

secret societies

stargate book

scholarly "holy grail book"

darkburn nasa bill clinton giving talk in houston coming up ... jack previously involved...... now wondering if he's considered out to pasteur (my analysis)

exodus by rocket ship     dan

like movie hg wells worlds collide
    world totally destroyed
    solution for tiny elite

chance for surviving

window dressing, cover up of what is really going on

coming up in novemenber east coast 100 participants in ufology, including mj12 ... if real organization, then some mj12 in meeting

therefore maybe some note on disclosure

someone funding at least a million dollars

not from wash dc

34 minutes and counting

suppose:  preliminary about pending miracle
    dan's wishing (jack)

jack:  jesus' first shall be last, then jack concludes that the last is better than the first

hollographic tale   dan

yakeer conference needs narrative.  how to get narritave out of quantum

36 minutes.  jack expressing wish that all has been covered, but dan keeps him going

both descending into sailor talk or at least approaching that threshold

dan is just waking up, he declares

squabbling over how long it takes to upload to youtube and how much longer the discussion should last

running out of ideas

jack telling dan to "just talk"

moderator spurring dan on

dan.... if running show
    timelike curve, antrhopocentric
    omega point happening within 200 years
    jack within 75 years or even now
    timothy leary .... jack

God is assumed to have created us not just to destroy us.  best possible exodus

144 astronuats     jack

not 7 billion

this number of p[eople cannot suport themselve for centuries ...dan

fertility curve, below replacemetn in advanced countries

mod:  people cannot afford to have children
    my comment:  myth

dan.  God should come and explain to us why we're here and what is going to happen

dan ... disturbing message /// progress wont' continue forever
    within two hundred years population down to 133M

jack, that is one heck of a lot of people dying

moderator what is good news?

good news: dan:  mother ships will come and lift 144K people from earth

jack:  heaven's gate w/o jonestown

hollogram rebooted back to garden of eden

crhistians comin back to garden of eden

jack rather be in hell than in boring garden of eden  walking around as like salt lake city

dan:  jack will become part of cosmic mind

(are these people serious, I wonder?)

time machine

jack wonders if he will go to yellowstone nat'l park, then mumble something about Catholics

jack does not want garden boredom

dan:  not going back ... loop ... circuit being connected

jack and dan arguing over looking forward or not
    laura

north beach is what jack wants forever

That all folks.

Last edited by dan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:05 pm

IPF,

Thank you for the encouragement.......

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm

OK Dan, I concede that I will not be able to talk you out of being crazy.

dan wrote:Jake,

...how could it be possible that Self-concealment not be the logical concomitant of Self-revealment?
    This is reasonable. However the natural does not perceive any concealment, only the unnatural does. The natural auto perceives revealment.

ie: the ancient wisdom, "Only the fool in his heart says, There is no God."

Consequently your reasoning is conditional upon the acceptance of neurotic positions being deemed natural.

So it is a flawed premise upon which to build any sound coherent reasoning. It may help the "fools" to understand. But is of little perpetual value to coherent philosophy.

For a philosopher as prolific as you (30 years and a zillion words), posterity's price begs respect to details. IOW, your simplistic riddles reduce your potential perpetual value.

And while we're back on your case, Jake, allow me to revisit that infinite creation of yours, yet again..........
    Before I go on, let me remind you once again that I do not subscribe to what you misrepresent me, only to goad a response from me. This is a sophomoric approach to debate, and it is most tiresome.

Why limit God to just one infinite Creation? Why not have an infinite number of infinite Creations? On your view, would not God be diminished by not having an infinite^2 Creation?
    I don't subscribe to these ideas. The only infinite creations are etheric/spiritual. All else fades away (perish).

Could there ever be too many creations, or too big a Creation, on your view?
    Not really, "too..." is irrelevant.

The Solar System sufficed for awhile. The Universe of many stars/suns sufficed for a while too. Then Hubble perceived the island universes (Galaxies), etc.... Concepts like "how many" or "how big" or "how expansive" are all irrelevant. They matter not when reduction is factored in. For all is reducible to manifestations of ethereal/spirit. And only spirit is eternal.

Scientific opinion has vacillated as to whether our universe is finite or infinite. Would you feel cheated, if it turned out to be finite, after all?
    I have always maintained it was finite. Your question is another example of sophomoric goading.

And what, pray tell, Jake, is the point of a prophetic tradition, if it doesn't point the way back to our Source?
    You do not respect the prophetic tradition as much as I. I work with prophecies as a theoretical physicist works with theories. You however work with prophecies as mythologists work with fictional stories of fancy.

Prophecies contain historical testable observances that adhere to deductible coherency principles. Just like scientific theories.

And so when you ask me about "prophetic traditions" I am professionally obligated to test them, just like a theoretical physicist tests a new theoretical perspective with existing respected theories.

You however think 'prophetic traditions' are like children's stories that can be played with at whim without any testable reasoning. Your posts above explaining the BPW future, clearly attest to your whimsical fly by the seat of your pants attitude and disrespect to the "prophetic tradition".

That now said and off my chest ... to answer your question:

Yes. But your concept of "our Source" does not cohere with the prophetic tradition. And so my 'Yes', does not actually answer your question the way you would perceive it.

Your infatuation, Jake, with the very abstract concept of a material/quantitative infinity, and especially with the neo-pantheist notion of Perpetual progress/evolution, is simply the #1 logical disease of the Modern mind. That you suffer from it, is not at all surprising.
    If my infatuation was "very abstract" it couldn't be "the #1 logical disease of the Modern mind".
    Coherence requires coherence.

That it keeps you from embracing your personal Creator, is just the essence of our modern tragedy.
    I do embrace. However it appears that you do not understand your Creator sufficiently to give relevance to the prospect that you could loose your soul.

That would be a tragedy.

The real "modern tragedy" however, is not the division between the philosophical debate of materialism VS immaterialism. (although I'll agree this is in the top five) But rather the modern tragedy is the general acceptance that it is considered perfectly sane to debate the existence of a VALIS/CREATOR.

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Jake
    Please do not take this as a criticism But judging Dan as crazy IMO is a bit harsh. I in know way understand more then very little of what he says and I think that may be mostly how he words things. But if Dan is crazy the so am I. And if I could find a way to get the government check for being mentally unable to hold a job but that's another story. I truly believe Dan Perception of this Illusion we are able to are aware of is just what he has available to him at the moment. We are all walking with blinders on according to our Path/Lesson we are meant to have in this incarnation.

For me lacking the scientific education and Dan,s habit of speaking in those terms is where many of us get lost. I am a man who loves facts to backup my beliefs but in the last few years I have been learning to trust my intuition/heart it is a learning process. I am just hoping we can continue to converse in a manner with respect because you, I and Dan have much to learn from each other.

You know guys I know in your hearts you and I are working for the same goal. A better world for humans and the planet. And I find that wonderful and our common ground. How we get there Is where the differences come in. But the fact we all wish for the same thing puts us on the same team. I have just grasped I believe Dan,s time line of 200 yrs. I disagree I believe it is much sooner but that is because my belief there will intervention by an outside source. I may be wrong, Dan may be wrong, We all maybe wrong. But I know this discussion is worthwhile especially since intelligent conversation on my part (I am in Mississippi) is few and far between.

I just want to add one note. Before the western would was so called found the indigenous people when confronted by a member of their tribe showed signs of what we would see as schizophrenic behavior today. They would have the Shaman into the wilderness to mentor them to someday apprentice and become the tribes Shaman too. My point being we all are able to see or are aware of things others are not. we are all equal and If open are able to learn and teach each other. I have more to say but my attention span is limited, so I have lost my train of thought will add what more I wish to say later.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm

IPFreely wrote:Jake
    Please do not take this as a criticism But judging Dan as crazy IMO is a bit harsh.
    No worries mate, she'll be apples.

All I have done is arrived to the level of one of his closest acquaintances. As all his family and friends have been calling him crazy for years, including his handler Ron Pandolfi.

All this means is that I have grown to concede that I will never be able to talk him out of it. Which is something I've been trying to do for the past 5 years.

And besides all that, just in case you didn't know.... Dan is working. He's a civilian asset. Not everything he chats and blogs about is merely his personal musings.

I should have done this awhile ago. I used to get very upset with him. We had screaming matches at times. Now this way, I can just say he's crazy and it's a lot easier. As there's no reason to get mad at a crazy person.

Although I wish he'd stop accusing me of positions he knows full well I do not subscribe to, only to goad me into a reply.

I see he's stopped doing that to Jack. So maybe he'll stop doing it to me too. Just that little bit of r-e-s-p-e-c-t would help communications run much smoother.

Cheers!
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

IPFreely wrote:Jake
    I have just grasped I believe Dan,s time line of 200 yrs. I disagree I believe it is much sooner but that is because my belief there will intervention by an outside source. I may be wrong, Dan may be wrong, We all maybe wrong. But I know this discussion is worthwhile especially since intelligent conversation on my part (I am in Mississippi) is few and far between.

To help clarify Dan's 200 year timeline....

He means this (200 years) to be the time it takes to the end of the Christian Evangelical/Protestant's Prophetic interpretation of the "millennium".

Dan's BPWH calls for a MoAPs to occur relatively soon. Within a few years to no more than a decade or two away. MoAPs = Mother of All Paradigm Shifts.

MoAPs = Disclosure.

After which a period of approx 200 years follows for the world to all catch on to the immaterialism of creation. At which time we don't need the earth anymore. This period is Dan's interpretation of the "millennium".

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Jake,

Thanks for continuing this five-year-long convo. You have the patience of Job.

Arrived @ Goose Rocks this pm, for about a week in Maine, visiting with a sister and a nephew.

But, Jake, your synopsis, above, of the BPWH is fundamentally flawed in at least one respect........

A principal task for humanity, in our ~200 year millennium, is to help facilitate the 'restoration' of the Earth to its primordial, Garden of Eden, condition. Yes, the Earth is an essential aspect of Eternity. It is only as mortal creatures, that we project our own mortality onto Creation.

As we become one with God, we will see Creation as a crucial aspect of Eternity.

Got to listen to Bill, at the DNC.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:11 am

It is impossible to overemphasize the incredible nature of our precarious purchase at the summit of Mount Improbable.

And what is just as amazing is how blasé we were about this cosmic 'purchase', up until the day that we seem fated to have it wrested from us.

What the Lord giveth, the Lord can taketh away....... or so it seems. No. According to the BPWH, we have, rather, been the victims of the Mother of all bait & switch operations, all in the furtherance of the greatest story ever told, as our Self-concealing God prepares us for the final Revelation.

9:15----------

It is just from the peak of Mount Improbable that I should begin the exposition of the BPWH, as we are hanging onto that peak, for dear life.

From out of the primordial ooze, we have come a long way, baby! And if we are to believe the Darwinians, all of this was without benefit of either a bootstrap or a sky-hook. It's simply been a cosmic crap-shoot. And the biggest crap-shoot of all, came not with our evolution, but with the Big Bang, the tuning of whose parameters had to be precise, beyond all reckoning.

Or...... there have been an uncountably infinite number of big-bangs, and, naturally, we are sitting on the one in ~10^500 that happens to be suitable for any kind of life, let alone sapient life.

And if you can believe that one, I know of a bridge in Brooklyn........

And so it goes....... We'll be out most of the day.......

12:15------------

Date: September 6, 2012 11:50:32 AM EDT
    To: Jack Sarfatti

Subject: Parochial perspective.......

Jack,

From my very limited, very parochial perspective, it will be very difficult to find a better scientific interlocutor, wrt the BPWH, than you, at this point in time.  IMHO, it would take weeks, if not months, to cultivate such a talent, even amongst the scientific elite.  London, on the fly, would be rather suboptimal, in this regard.  

Nonetheless, should a miracle occur, during your brief stay in London, and you are able to locate such a one, then, sure, I would jump on a jet in a jiffy, to take advantage of said miracle.

Dan

12:45-----------

Although, I was aware, back on 9/4/12, when I posted the 3rd party summary of J&D 8/21/12, I wanted to get it posted ASAP. I will now, ASAP, work on my 'corrections' to that summary........

In the meantime, please refer to the original video, which is to remain indefinitely on lensman137.

4pm------------

Here is the Jack & Dan 8/21/12 video..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56hT_51v7I

Here is the summary of it by another person, in which I wish to correct some misunderstandings..... https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t6p225-hello-cy-hello-omf-ii#458

Oh, dear, as I look at this more carefully, I hardly know where to begin. Also, it is not clear where this other person is inserting his own comments. Well, this is a lesson in how difficult it is to communicate difficult/radical ideas. Just because I do not attempt to make a correction, is no reason to supposes that a correction is not needed.

1.) 'Yakeer' = Yakir.

2.) 'Kurtz file' = Kurtzweil

Near the end, the message is particularly garbled........

3.) Yes, within, say, 200 years, just by a continuing voluntary fertility decline, the global population could be down to ~144 million. There is no die-off.... only a lift-off. I let Jack's interjection pass, but then insisted that we then do a video correction to Jack's interjected misinterpretation, which we did, on his iPhone. It was uploaded to his Facebook page, separately, but subsequently removed, for extraneous reasons.

4.) The ~144 thousand is the very small portion of those lifted off, who return on one of the 12 Noah's time-machines, back to each of the ~12 primordial megalithic communities.

But I do like the sense of humor exhibited in this attempt at a transcript, and, so I am happy to leave the many other needed corrections, to bide their time in infamy......

8:45----------

There was a call from CK. He wanted to know about the disposition wrt London. I said that I was still available, but that it would be hard to do better than J&D. Jack is still on, for later in November, in SF.

And I did just meet the former owner of the Soggy Dollar, where Throop will be visiting, in March, for the third time, in his young life.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 am

So, even I get the numbers confused.......

Coming back on the ~12 Noah's time-machines, are (12x) 12,000, to each of the ~12 megalithic sites. You get the picture....... The only rationale is to complete our cosmic CTC, with the minimum of discontinuity, back across the O >> A 'spark-gap'....... going from our Final Participation, back to our Original Participation.

Jack is being a bit of the dog in the manger wrt London. I'm supposed to follow him around, to be part of his entourage. Is there no one in London who might be able to wax serious about the BPWH? I'll bet there is, but Jack is not ready to stick his neck out, in that regard. Will he ever be ready..... back in California? Ron would have to step up to the plate, but that is not about to happen, either.

Jack and Gary are carrying on about Tegmark, over email. When the cat's away, the mice do play.......

In that case, it's not going to be baby-steps, Ellie..... It's going to be the MoAGS, mother of all gestalt switches.

Yes, Virginia, this is not a Shift. This is a Switch, as in Bait&Switch! So, who's gonna blow the horn, the big Horn in the sky? It really should only take one phone call.

OTL.........

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:20 am

Yes, if I could truly fathom Gary's infatuation with Tegmark, I would be in a much better position to engineer the MoAGS. I used to be allowed to talk to Gary. I well remember multi-hour phone conversations, while rambling in a nearby park. It would seem that, each time, I would finally get Gary to come around to the BPWH PoV.

But a couple weeks would go by, and Gary would be back on his Many Worlds/Tegmarkian hobby-horse. Another marathon conversation would ensue, with similar results. Gradually, Gary became more difficult to reach on the telephone. Now, I have not spoken with him in many a moon.

He continues to send Jack and me, two or three emails a day. These are mainly physics articles, in reference to Jack's old ideas, but I frequently find them of interest, and I thank him. But that's as far as it goes. So, no, I have no clue as to the deeper motivation behind his Many Worlds infatuation.

This is the dis-ease of the modern mind. It positively embraces the cosmic Anonymity of being lost in space and time. Where would we moderns be, without that existential angst? Their's is not to reason why.......

This despite Gary's longtime embrace of the paranormal. It doesn't add up. I have found no way to connect his dots, but there it is, like the crazy aunt in the attic.... pacing the floor, in the middle of the night.

Jack is going to be the same way, evidently...... After holding his feet to the fire, for a couple of weeks, I can finally bring him to a reluctant admission of the plausibility of the BPWH, but, then, it's out of sight, and out of mind, just like Gary. We can lead the horses to water, but just try to make them drink from the fountain of Life......!

4:30----------

As Deborah and I were discussing philosophy, we ran into the following.....
    Constantly regard the universe as one living being, having one substance and one soul; and observe how all things have reference to one perception, the perception of this one living being; and how all things act with one movement; and how all things are the cooperating causes of all things that exist; observe too the continuous spinning of the thread and the structure of the web.
    This from Marcus Aurelius. Wow!

5:40--------

Out of the mouths of 'babes'..........!

9:15----------

I put much credence into the above quote from MA. IMHO, this is the quintessential statement of theism/BPWH....... there is, ultimately, just one living being. What is that, if not theism.... the living Logos??

Also, NB, that there is just one universal soul that is being spun like a web! I came to this idea, only, when...... less that a year ago. It came soon after the Noah business. Out of the mouths of babes.......!

Please note that Stoicism had a very significant overlap with Christianity....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism#Stoicism_and_Christianity. No kidding......! And do note that Aurelius (121-180 CE) must have been influenced by Christianity.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:22 am

Following up on my chat with Deborah, yesterday, I have continued to review Helenistic philosophy, this morning. I now have a better understanding of how things developed. What I'll next need to grasp is the mutual influence between Athens and India.

Here is the core idea........ Follow the Monad.......

The Monad struggled to take hold of the Greek mind, but never quite succeeded. It was defeated, first by Democritus, and, later, by the Christians, bless their little hearts!

The last stand of the Monad was to be found in the Greek Orthodox notion of the Apocatastasis, which is the core idea of the BPWH.

And, speaking of India, another key idea is Indra's necklace....... But, here's a little surprise..... This was not developed until the third century CE. It is a combination of monism with stoicism and atomism, the latter two being the dominant elements of Helenism. Leibniz picked up on the atomism, with his monadology, but he retained the organicism in his version of the BPWH.

Another historical point to keep in mind, and it is new to me, today, is the Plato, in his later life, identified the Good with the Monad! Wow, why didn't I realize, years ago, that he might have done that.

And then there were the Cambridge Platonists, reacting to the atomism of Hobbes.

And it was this Neoplatonism that gave rise to the Renaissance.

3pm-----------

Each time I read the entry on Monism, it seems that I am reading it for the first time. It pervades every philosophy. Non-monist philosophies struggle to rationalize their departure from it.

A case in point is the peculiar, and peculiarly, Christian notion of Creation ex-nihilo. This is an attempted preemptive strike against monism...... there is no part of God actually in Creation. Hmmm........

But then how the heck do we explain the Incarnation and Redemption? Was Jesus created out of nothing? I don't think so. This doctrine has been used as a two-edged sword...... to defeat monism, on the one hand, and dualism, on the other hand.

(Of course, the modern rendition of this idea is just the Big Bang theory.)

In contrast, there is the equally Christian notion of Theosis or Divinization. Amongst all the Christian sects, it is only the non-Methodist Protestants who give short-shrift to Theosis.

(cont.)

dylan OMF-Original

Post by dylan OMF-Original Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Here we go again.
    IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm

dylan OMF-Original wrote:Here we go again.

Always the Optimist lol
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:00 am

On Sep 10, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Dan Smith wrote:

Sam et al., 

Thank you for putting this together.  I'm looking forward to the opportunity.  

I'll be composing my thoughts on OM, over the next few days.  I notice that Sam did not make reference to the video that provided the original impetus for this 'seminar'.  That is probably just as well, as it is only likely to lead to frustration, as it already has for Sam and Brendan. 

Right now we are on our way from Goose Rocks to Rockland.  I'll be back in Baltimore, late Thursday.  I'll send a link, or quotes from the blog. 

Dan

Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 10:19 PM
    To: Dan T. Smith; Gus ; Jim ; Brendan 

Subject: Sat., Sept. 15, 2:30 pm: Seminar on the Dan's 46 min. video, BPWH, etc.

Dan, Gus, Jim and Brendan,

I have talked to all of you today.   You all agreed to this Saturday time for the "seminar."  Friday was out for Brendan.

So, we shall meet at my home at 2:30 pm, on Saturday, Sept. 15.   Jim will meet with us by speakerphone on my land line

I shall be taking "minutes," so to speak.  I will do this in word processing on a laptop during the "seminar."   I shall attempt to put in writing at the least the essentials of the explanations that Dan will give us, including refinements he makes, using feedback from us.  

So, this will be a "high level" seminar in the best sense of the term, led by Dan but with active participation by an audience already somewhat familiar with the subject and eager to more clearly understand the subject. 

The subject will be both the 46 min. and more generally what Dan has written about:
        * Dan's Best Possible World Hypothesis, (BPWH)
        * End of progress,
        * Immaterialism,
        * The Mother of All Paradigm Shifts (MOAPS)
        * The Eschaton,
    and  anything else that Dan thinks is MOST important for us to understand among the many things he has been writing about.  

So, at this first seminar, I hope Dan will focus only on the MOST essential or core concepts first, so that we can cover them all to at least some degree  on this one Saturday afternoon. 

First, we want to understand Dan's core messages.  A serious "seminar" type  meeting with ONLY this purpose will make this possible.  This is NOT a dinner discussion group!

And in finding explanations that are clear to us, we help Dan find explanations that should be clear also to all non-philosophers and non-scientists who have  decent educations and a willingness to try to understand .

To cover all that Dan has been writing about for many years is, of course, impossible to do in one afternoon.   So, that is why I ask Dan to focus as much as possible only on the core or most important parts.  We can always schedule more sessions for the rest. 

Thanks again for agreeing to participate in this seminar.

Sam

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 am

My first thought, after Sam proposed this Saturday's meeting, was to offer a rationale for my failure to garner any like-minded souls, after 35 years of effort. My recent interactions with Jack Sarfatti do provide a new perspective on my previous 'failure'.......

Put very simply, immaterialism is a tough sell, even on the best of days. On all the other days, it is an impossible sell. Nonetheless, after two weeks of conversation, I was, very briefly, able to penetrate the scientific skepticism surrounding immaterialism, on the part of one renegade or 'fringe' scientist. Jack thus becomes the exception that proves the rule of the impossibility of penetrating the modern materialist mind.

And there I was, until........ hope springs eternal......

Before too long, the world is, quite possibly, going to be 'saved' by someone in a position not entirely unlike my own, so, therefore, I have no good excuse to throw in the towel.

There are two possible reasons for my failure.......

1.) Immaterialism is false, and the BPWH is bogus.

2.) The BPWH is not bogus, but everyone else in the world is non-compos-mentos wrt to basic issues presented therein.

In case of #2, there is the perpetual hope that someone else will awaken from the slumber of materialism.

But does not Jack remain as the brief exception that proves the impenetrability of the materialist fog that constitutes our modern mindset?

How could every last one of those millions of exquisitely educated, powerfully instrumented scientists be so completely deluded as to the most basic structure of reality? Well, this is where Jack comes into the picture, as the potential crack in that Cosmic shell. Or was he, like me, just cracked?

Somebody must have pulled the wool over our eyes. The 'wool', in this instance, can be nothing other than our pervading sense of ego consciousness, which is tantamount to our pervading sense of alienation, from each other, and from the world.

From whence cometh that....? Therein is the world knot. And how is that knot to be unravelled? Or should it be? Hey, haven't our egos been serving us rather well, at least since the dawn of modernism? Well, actually, for some time before then..... say, all the way back to the breakdown of our 'bicameral' minds, nearly to the dawn of civilization.

9:30------------

How are we going to turn this ego-fueled Juggernaut, we like to call 'civilization'...... how are we going to turn it on a dime? Does this not hearken back to Archemedes......? Give me a fulcrum, and I'll move the world..... And don't I look a lot like a fulcrum? No?!

Well, then, look at it this way..... The Internet is the lever, and the MoAGS is the fulcrum. Does this not begin to look just slightly less implausible?

It even begins to look plausible, if not quite probable, once you recognize that scientific materialism is, itself, implausible. The plausibility should increase considerably, once you contemplate the historical fact that there have ever only been a handful proponents of materialism, none of whom have ever garnered more than the occasional curiosity amongst the philosophical community.

Where does that leave us? It leaves us twisting in the wind of the Cartesian incoherence surrounding the mind/matter conundrum, or its seeming cosmic dichotomy.

Newly added to this perennial philosophical, anti-materialist leverage, is the crucial fact of our now coming within sight of the limits to the material growth that has defined human history. The end of that growth will truly constitute the end of our history.

IOW, materialism is just the logical, historical outworking of our ego-consciousness that emerged at the dawn of civilization.

From whence came our (ego-)consciousness? Do I exaggerate, in the slightest, in pointing out that this question must lie at the center of every cosmic puzzle?

The only significant historical question is how did we ever managed to allow this question to be shunted aside from the core of our scientific quest for self-understanding? In the course of our being drowned in our ego-consciousnesses, somehow, we totally lost our grip on our own Selves.

Was this because of, or despite, our fascination with Existentialism?

But there it is, and here we are stranded, up a very long river, without a paddle, staring at a totally unprecedented global crisis.

Is it time to say our prayers? Perhaps, but to what and for what are we to pray, pray tell?

This is a question to which I happen to have been devoting more than a little thought, for whatever that may be worth.......

It just comes down to this.......

Almost every observer of our present precarious position will, if only slightly nudged, agree that nothing short of a miracle will pull our iron out of the fire. There are only two sorts of miracle that may be conjured......

1.) A scientific/technological breakthrough/miracle of unprecedented proportions.

2.) A psycho-social realignment of..... what..... of 'biblical' proportions......

With regard to #1...... Well, I've done my homework on that one.......

With each passing year of progress in theoretical physics, and the continuing closure thereof, the possibility of such a miracle continues to recede.

And then there is the almost forgotten Fermi paradox...... If human history is not at an end, then our destiny must lie in the stars. But, wait, said Fermi, if we can go there, why haven't they already come here? Good question, says I, aka Chicken Little.

Of course, there are those of us who are quite convinced that they have come here, and for rather good reason, I might add.

Yes, there are those, hmmm....... 'uncorrelated' phenomena, phenomena, that, without the shadow of a doubt, have, at least in the past, proven quite capable of capturing the attention of the high and the mighty.

Ah, but what end, you may well wonder.....? Well, they don't call me Chicken Little for nothing......

Yes, Virginia, there is a 'disturbing' message, come down from the stars......

The sky is about to fall on our heads, and this is precisely what I mean by the MoAGS!

And thus do we complete the logical circuit, right back to #2, leaving us where, exactly......?

Yes, with the little green men, come down from the stars, we have a very deliberate deception, wrapped in what is known as a stubbornly persistent illusion.

And what did we ever do to deserve this denouement......?

Well, that turns out to be a bit of trick question. I'm trying to think of a pithy answer.....

In the background lies the all-encompassing question...... Who are we... from whence did we come, and whither do we go?

Once again, there are only two possible answers........ All or Nothing!

Which brings us right back to that other metaphysical conundrum...... Why is there something, rather than nothing?

This is the ultimate of all embarrassing questions. And who, besides a wannabe Chicken Little, might have the slightest clue, pray tell?

Our modern civilization is based entirely on the presupposition that our existence has never amounted to more than a cosmic accident. Why should anyone suppose otherwise?

Well, it turns out that, given even a modicum of curiosity and perspicacity, there are more than a plethora of very good reasons to suppose that our existence is no accident. If there is any burden of any proof, in this matter of foundations, then that burden lies with those amongst us who are 'accident prone'. No?! Prove me wrong.

Perhaps, now, I should quit while I'm ahead. Am I ahead.....?

Yes, thanks, in no small measure, to my two-week sojourn with Jack, and my anticipated soiree with Sam et al, Chicken Little is almost feeling born-again.

In this whole shebang, I'm only trying to save God one (lousy?) phone call. Oh? Yes, you would know whereof I speak, should have done your homework, which is to watch, with no small patience and conscientiousness, that lensman137 video. Has anyone, within the sound of my voice, managed to watch it with even some degree of conscientiousness? I'm waiting for one soul to respond, even negatively, should they dare to do so.

Conscientious? Yes, that would be defined as having performed three or more google searches, over the course of that 46'.

And, obviously, the very first place to have started would have been with Tegmark. Were any sane person to google Tegmark, they would immediate confront the insanity that lies at the core of modernism.... that is within the seemingly innocuous notion of our being lost in time and space.

Tegmark has simply taken that idea, and, quite unwittingly we might presume, performed the reductio-ad-absurdum of that idea, which is simply to take it to its very logical, but absurd, conclusion.

Why is no one else making a federal/cosmic case out of this Tegmarkian absurdity? That is a question that, on a daily basis, remains uppermost in my mind. The closest I've ever come to a quasi-answer is that only I have been given that permission. That is, finally, the only thing that does make sense, down in this sub-lunar realm of quasi-insanity.

OTL........

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm