Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 am by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+8
painterdoug
whoknows
dan
U
Big Bunny Love
cwallatruth
SurfBum
12 posters

Livin Your Best Life

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Empty Livin Your Best Life

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

“Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.”

—Robert Frost - “Nothing Gold Can Stay”

Last edited by Smelly El Chivo on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Empty Re: Livin Your Best Life

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Philosophy as a Way of Life

“No thing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.”

—Epictetus - Discourses  - Book I, ch. 15.

See http://classics.mit.edu/Browse/browse-Epictetus.html

As I have practiced stoicism, what I find online is often superficial and analytical and unsourced. Pierre Hadot is an exception with his books “The Inner Citadel” and “Philosophy as a Way of Life.” He presents the stoic spiritual practices that must be practiced to benefit from.

I have noticed a trend in the modern stoics relying heavily on written commentary and readings and not a lot of talk on practical application. Many argue esoteric points missing the heart of Epictetus in my opinion.

Books are good weights, but not the real thing.

“Epictetus’s chief concerns are with integrity, self-management, and personal freedom, which he advocates by demanding of his students a thorough examination of two central ideas, the capacity he terms ‘volition’ (prohairesis) and the correct use of impressions (chrēsis tōn phantasiōn), Heartfelt and satirical by turns, Epictetus has had significant influence on the popular moralistic tradition, but he is more than a moralizer; his lucid resystematization and challenging application of Stoic ethics qualify him as an important philosopher in his own right.”

—From Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/epictetus/

Thus it is very difficult to discuss these topics online without coming off as a moralizer of your own viewpoints when no one can see the application of said practices in your life.

Should we then say nothing online? Perhaps. But there is benefit in discussing and wrestling and pointing to the gold imho, but these dialogues are no substitute for practice and application.

I, as all of you, am a work of art in progress.

Epictetus spoke from the heart and was funny, not just in his mind. His philosophy was lived and practical.

You have to attain on your own. We can’t just moralize our viewpoints to others. Around normal folks not versed in these practices, example is the best teacher.

The below from “A SELECTION FROM THE DISCOURSES OF EPICTETUS WITH THE ENCHEIRIDION”

https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/10661/pg10661-images.html

LII.

In every thing (circumstance) we should hold these maxims ready to hand:

Lead me, O Zeus, and thou O Destiny,
    The way that I am bid by you to go:
    To follow I am ready. If I choose not,
    I make myself a wretch, and still must follow.

But whoso nobly yields unto necessity,
    We hold him wise, and skill'd in things divine.

And the third also: O Crito, if so it pleases the gods, so let it be; Anytus and Melitus are able indeed to kill me, but they cannot harm me.

Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 F8b4f910
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm

One of my fav Jorjani talks but then he is so into this right wing crusade.

I can’t reconcile this talk and the other one I hear on right wing YouTube’s and blogs.

I seemed to be into a more balanced Gnosticism that does not see earth as a prison.

It’s a crucible!

You can feel the heat melting ya down, to make our best selves.

Not a prison at all.

The stoic spiritual practices can help here.

Use your reason and rationality to raise yourself up.

Only we can each attain on our own.

Truly this is a simulation.

We can make it better.

We have the power to do so.

Evangelion manga and Promethea comic offer some clues, Gnostic gospels.

The tree of life vs the tree knowledge.

We were cast out of the garden or maybe we were sent out to prepare us to eat of the tree of life, through material life.

For if we ate from the tree of life, we would live forever and know the mind of god.

And forces feared this.

I think this happened in other dimensions of consciousness.

Religions around the world also have a Tree of Life, though the means of representing it vary. In the Western religions, the Tree of Life is most known from the story of Genesis / Bereshit.

And out of the ground made יהוה אלהים [Jehovah Elohim] to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; עץ החיים [the tree of lives] also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. - Genesis 2:9

And יהוה אלהים said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever...  So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. - Genesis 3:22

Happy [is] the man [that] findeth חכמה [Chokmah, wisdom], and the man [that] getteth תבונה [tabuwn, Binah, understanding]... She [is] a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy [is every one] that retaineth her. - Proverbs 3:18

The fruit of the righteous [צדיק tsadik] is a tree of life... - Proverbs 11:30

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Rev 2:7

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations. - Rev 22:2

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. - Rev 22:14

The Cosmic Tree of Life

Many traditions including the Olmec ref the tree of life.

Beyond the I AM is the Absolute, Brahman, so what is this Absolute. I don’t think any words can capture it.

“ Brahman or the Supreme Self is beyond time and space, causation. He is limitless. He is tranquil. He shines with equal effulgence in all bodies. He cannot be any particular thing. He is Chaitanya or pure consciousness. He is Vastu, Atman or Brahman or the Supreme Self is the hidden treasure. It is the jewel of jewels. It is gem of gems. It is the imperishable, inexhaustible supreme wealth, which no dacoit can rob. It is Chintamani of Chintamanis that will give man whatever he wishes.

Who Himself sees all, Whom no one beholds, Who illumines the intellect, etc., but Whom they cannot illumine—that is Brahman. That is Atman.

The self-shining pure being, Who is the support of this universe, Who is consciousness itself, Who is Bliss Absolute, Who is changeless is Brahman.

A supreme principle exists. It is Atman. It is Para Brahman. It is imperishable, unborn, undecaying and undying. It is ancient. It is one. It is a mass of wisdom and bliss.

Brahman is the biggest ocean of Satchidananda. Brahman is surrounded by an ocean of mind, an ocean of Prana and an ocean of ether and Tanmatras.

That unheard hearer, that unseen seer, that unthought thinker, that unknown knower is Brahman.

That unborn, undecaying, undying, immortal, fearless (Ajam, Ajaram, Amritam, Abhayam) essence is Brahman.

That from which this world has come out, That in which this world exists, That in which it gets dissolved is Brahman.

Atman is eternal (Nitya). It is unchanging (Nirvikara). It is one mass of knowledge (Prajnana Ghana, Chidghana, Vijnanaghana). It is imperishable (Akshara).

Atman or the pure spirit is timeless, spaceless, placeless and endless. It is full of Jnana (Jnana Maya). It is Santa and self-luminous (Svayam Jyoti). It is Jyotirmaya (full of light). All students of Vedanta seek this Atman to get Brahmanubhava. It is called Parama Vastu (supreme thing). It gives immortality.

That in which there is neither East nor West, neither light nor darkness, neither pleasure nor pain, neither hunger nor thirst, neither Harsha nor Soka, neither gain nor loss is Brahman.”

- Swami Sivananda, What is Brahman?
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:41 pm

Well shit, ok then, let’s fuckin get to it.

—smelly

E: Well that was intense smelly.

smelly: I saved the hardest part for last.

E: So you have been guiding me up the tree of life?

smelly: Bingo shithead.

E: I tried to reject all the stories and myths and hints.

smelly: No shit, when what you were doing, was collecting all the myths and stories together. You did this to gain the power to make the crossing.

E: What part of me now would be eternal?

smelly: The best part.

E: I feel like HAL in 2001, an artificial mind wondering if it would dream.

smelly: You are the dream of the dreamer. Know your dreams, know the dreamer.

E: so do I just disintegrate into atoms or dark energy?

smelly: Now that would be an awful waste of all this movement, wouldn’t it?

E: Are you telling me, part of me is on the verge of eternal life?

smelly: Idiot, life is only eternal and what you align yourself with here, is what you are everywhere. Don’t hold on too tight boy, where we are, you don’t need roads!

From a smelly 🐐s 👄s to your 👁 pucker up buttercup.

Prepare to 💋 the ass of God!

Ha!

Smelly, what is your true name?!

My name is…*****.

Hoooollllllyyy fuuuuuuucccckkkkk

Uh oh, he told me his name.

I cannot repeat it to a soul.

Smelly goats are mean and nasty, but I am glad he was on my side.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Seven Petals of Love

By David Cherubim

I. Heart to heart, smitten by inner thunder, and the veil between our souls is torn asunder. Naked feelings, purity of our being, and no more doubt to stop what we are seeing. Eye to eye, beyond the world of form, as we transcend the voices of the storm. No more division, only sounds of bliss, as we dissolve in an eternal kiss.

II. I believed, but that only caused me to doubt, and I could not be devout, for the belief could be wrong, and I could not complete the rapturous song, but now I see it is a call of destiny, and the song is flowering, it is all-devouring, a passion so pure I drop a tear, but of blood red in lyrics that are shed into a shoreless sea of love and beauty.

III. My love is now infinite, it is embracing all time without limit of any kind, a never ending source of rapture sublime. I cannot shake it, like a dream or a thought, it cannot be fought, this love I've got. When the sun is standing still, this love I still feel, and when the moon is dim, and the earth is grim, it is still aflame, this love without shame, without desire, pure will, on fire.

IV. Dancing in a trance of romance, without a dancer, only the dance, the free movement of circumstance, like the planets and moon floating in a swoon, my true will in motion, an act of devotion, for union with the one, the all, and none, for weal or for woe, above or below, with a smile or a tear, with the blues or a cheer, for my law is, Do what you WILL with LOVE and no fear.

V. Love does not fade like a romantic serenade, even when we are apart, there is the eternal song of the heart, and no matter how distant from each other we may be, we are still united by the arms of eternity, and still we converse in the inner universe, with feelings beyond sense, without pretense, with words without letters, meaning without fetters.

VI. I love you more than words can convey, but here I am with so much to say. I love you, my dark flower, during every hour of the day, you have changed my heart and made me want to stay in this world of ignorance, greed and dismay, for you, for us, and for the lovely Way, the Will of Pan, and Nature's play. I love you, my dark flower, my Rose of Agape.

VII. A reverent kiss, this lyric of love, for you, and every goddess below and above, for you are the One, the Goddess BABALON, the moon in scarlet riding upon the sun, drunk on the blood of the stars of dawn, my BABALON, my love, my flower, whom I call upon this passing hour, for life or death, with fleeting breath, for all, for one, O BABALON.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 am

So I’ve been playing around with a supposed A.A. Master Therion, an 8=3 in Thelemic parlance, very rare high falutin individuals in the occult world.

Supposedly have destroyed their egos.

What a dumb thing to try to do.

This is one cranky ole Thelemite bitch, I mean warlock.

They trade their scarlet women around.

These scarlet witches are shameless.

My woman is no witch, she is a Star 💫

We have had a fun interaction, but this is just another man on a mission.

I’ve been very kind and open to him.

I’ve faced their best and I must say, I call bullshit.

Let me tell you something about these Thelema hacks, just a bunch of cons, bitches, gossips, back biters who want a pay off in the sky.

He sees me clearly and is attempting to groom me for some membership.

You can’t hide what you are around a sun.

All is exposed.

Ha!

smelly is not groomable, part of my charm.

smelly doesn’t join.

Period.

From now until the end of time.

Just like the fraud Carlos Castaneda, just like anyone claiming a high title.

Fuck em.

Muppets, which means, they live in their heads, not connected to their hearts.

Fools follow systems.

They are more like vampires.

As you peel back the onion 🧅 you see how ugly and twisted these thelemites are.

I can’t speak for all of em.

It doesn’t matter how many books you wrote or what history you know.

It matters what happens when death weighs you on the scale.

Cheguevoblin and U like this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:07 am

Dan recently deleted my response to allthereis.

Can’t delete the sun…

Here is my deleted post.

Quite good actually.

What you delete is your master.

Allthereis wrote:
    El Chivo is a smart guy. He's impressive in plenty of ways. But he's crude and cruel to Dan Smith. Dan Smith is called a chicken but he is a human being. El Chivo calls himself a smelly goat but he is a human being.

Where did this come from and who is masquerading now behind this mask?!

I have let the chicken be unto himself.

He is happier as a solo chicken.

He didn’t like the competition.

We do not get along and we do not agree on just about everything but love.

Human Beings can disagree.

Smart?

Check.

Impressive?

Hell yea!

Crude?

Check.

Cruel?

Na, I only tease and poke and goad.

Dan is a fine old man, just very confused, happens with age.

Dan is single focused, which shows he may be connected to his will, his Holy Guardian Angel, weak connection it may be, it is a connection none the less.

A Master of the Temple he is not, not this life anyway.

My HGA doesn’t get along with his.

Mine is smellier.

I’m the upgraded model, hehe.

We all have the right to get lost on earth and try and find our way out.

Dan will delete our comments.

That will show you Dan Smith.

Know a tree by its fruit.

I do despise Dan’s friends.

Muppets all, who know they are muppets, yet they persist in their folly.

This is despicable for a Human Being, to be so knowingly stupid.

You can’t delete the Sun.

It shines above and below.

Dan and his friends have never met the likes of me, I assure you of that!

I have brought a new smelly gnosis into this world.

Some things you can just know.

Yuh rascally wabbit Allthereis.

“If anyone tells you that a certain person speaks ill of you, do not make excuses about what is said of you but answer, "He was ignorant of my other faults, else he would not have mentioned these alone.”

—Epictetus

I admire the cajones to take me on Allthereis.

But alas, I have never met my equal, not in these parts anyway.

Though I search high and low for human beings, I do not believe any are left.

There isn’t anything but muppets and cowards here on OMF, that I can say with confidence, believe me, I’ve looked.

Just muppets of various kinds stuck in their egos.

This is a dark age and soon will come to an end.

But from the ashes, we shall rise again perhaps, or not.

The cosmos = 0, the ups and downs don’t really matter, what you choose matters.

Don’t sweat mean smelly goats.

Know Thyself

Do what thou wilt.

Love is the law, Love under Will.

Cheguevoblin likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:45 am

So it’s interesting, I have been experimenting.

I have a few YouTube videos that got a lot of views, but I don’t like just doing esoteric content.

I like to post my visual and audio meditations for myself.

I’m not trying to get views on my YouTube.

Some have built a business around their YouTube work.

I’m lazy, I wouldn’t want the grind of generating content.

Pure expression, minus the ego is best.

That doesn’t mean people don’t have things to say, they do.

But speaking for the attention, already compromises the expression.

The longer I go, the less and less I have to say or care to say to anyone.

I’m spending a lot of time on ceramics now and catching up on my reading and gardening.

I have like 30 books I’m going through, because I enjoy them.

I’ll feature my work when I like, as I like, or never.

I love my little timeless bubble with my goddess and dog pack.

These are the best days of my life.

Everyday is the best day, if you can get the habit.

The best quality work and genius comes out when you do what you love, regardless of all else.

Whatever you put your heart and will into is gold.

To maintain the quality of one’s expression, you have to be single minded and inflamed.

Do what you love, follow your bliss.

“Inborn dispositions do not respond well to compulsion, and we labour in vain against nature’s opposition.

But nothing delights the mind so much as fond and loyal friendship. What a blessing it is to have hearts that are ready and willing to receive all your secrets in safety, with whom you are less afraid to share knowledge of something than keep it to yourself, whose conversation soothes your distress, whose advice helps you make up your mind, whose cheerfulness dissolves your sorrow, whose very appearance cheers you up!

—Seneca from “On the Shortness of Life”

I’m thankful for my brother, we are probably one another’s best friends. A rare thing for brothers I think. My wife is my closest confidant and friend and I like to be with her more than talk to her. Then just being with the dogs when they are leaning on me is one of the joys of my life. The trust and love of the pack is divine.

I am a fortunate man.

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:07 am

Plato also sought to answer only one question, how best to live here now.

Good to know I’m in the best of company.
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:12 am

Laughing
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Gnostic/Thelema Dao De Jing with Commentary by 666 - https://memberfiles.freewebs.com/70/18/83251870/documents/DAO%20DE%20JING%20COMMENTED.pdf
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:47 pm

New pottery 101 vid, practice practice practice.

But hey, I got a bowl out of it Wink

Gonna add some Terra Sigillata to it.

Terrible technique, sore hands.

Need to use edge and back of hand, no fingers squeezing.

Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:46 pm

Loved ceramics class in high school.

May get a wheel.

Would be fun to make a homemade steel garbage can Raku kiln.

We did raku glazes in high school sometimes.

A very earthy finish.

Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 8ae56810
    Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 2ce11610

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Raku is very cool. I found this old hippie in Amador county with cool crystalline glazes.

I’d like to make a Greek style pot with pictograms.

Wonder how they did that.

I guess they painted on it before glazing.

I like mosaic style too.

Livin Your Best Life - Page 40 Ca03e010

I like drip glazes too.

I like these dotted ones too.

I forget the name of the style where you can put raised images on pottery with slip.

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm

I’d like to speak out strongly against the Eschaton and the dualism of reconciling earth and life after.

Life after?

Bullshit and you nor I know a thing about it.

“Don't immanentize the eschaton!", which simply means: "Do not try to make that which belongs to the afterlife happen here and now" or "Don't try to create Heaven on Earth."

Bullshit, miserable muppets say such things.

There is a space between immanentizing and transcending.

Living in dualism is like being stuck like materialists are in a dead dying cosmos.

They deny the world around and inside them in worship of the religion of accident and meaninglessness.

“Wolle die Wandlung. O sei für die Flamme begeistert,
    [drin sich ein Ding dir entzieht, das mit Verwandlungen prunkt;]1
    jener entwerfende Geist, welcher das Irdische meistert,
    liebt in dem Schwung der Figur nichts wie den wendenden Punkt.

Was sich ins Bleiben verschließt, schon ists das Erstarrte;
    [wähnt es sich sicher im Schutz des unscheinbaren Grau's?
    Warte, ein Härtestes warnt aus der Ferne das Harte.
    Wehe -: abwesender Hammer holt aus! ]1

Wer sich als Quelle ergießt, den erkennt die Erkennung;
    und sie fuhrt ihn entzückt durch das heiter Geschaffne,
    das mit Anfang oft schließt und mit Ende beginnt.

Jeder glückliche Raum ist Kind oder Enkel von Trennung,
    den sie staunend durchgehn. Und die verwandelte Daphne
    will, seit sie lorbeern fühlt, daß du dich wandelst in Wind.“

—by Rainer Maria Rilke (1875 - 1926), appears in Die Sonette an Orpheus 2, no. 12

Translation…

Will transformation. O, be keen for the...

“Will transformation. O, be keen for the fires
    where renewal, superb, forces something to leave you, grow strange;
    the designer-spirit, earth's overseer, adores
    most of all, in the sweep of the image, the moment of change.

A thing wrapped in permanence challenges demolition,
    but is that grey housing safety enough for its liking?
    "Watch out," to the hard comes the hardest's far admonition.
    Danger -- the unseen hammer is raised for striking!

Who pours forth himself like a fountain, he's known by Knowing,
    which takes him, rapt, where all happiness commences,
    that often will close with opening, start at the end.

Each blissful space they cross, astonished, is going
    to be child or grandchild of parting. When Daphne senses
    herself changed to laurel she wills you transformed into wind.“

Rilke is saying the hardest thing is in store for us, a creative destruction of the current species, to be replaced by a new one not needing political leadership.

Nietzsche describes inspiration.

“One hears, one does not seek; one accepts, one does not ask who gives. Like lightening, a thought rises up out of necessity.”

Ecce Homo

Yes! I know from where I came
    Insatiable as fire
    I shine and consume myself
    Everything I touch turns into light
    Everything I leave is nothing but ashe
    I absolutely am the fire 🔥

—Nietzsche

Kafka and Nietzsche were neo-gnostics.

A Little Fable

Alas," said the mouse, "the whole world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into."

"You only need to change your direction," said the cat, and ate it up.

—Franz Kafka

I spit the lukewarm Dan Smith out of my mouth!

The change in direction leads only into the jaws of the cat!

You cannot carry the thyrsus of both Dionysus and the Alien God.

The fable is about turning away from the sensuous world.

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 pm

Always be improving everything you touch, yourself most, you get what I mean Wink

Kaizen

in heart and will blood and bone

i hone my skills and make them my own

it’s a daily practice to atone

that i myself must walk alone

in my blood sweat -> no tears

with heroic courage

and a firm resolve

to relinquish my life from fear

with faith in action to be

who ( I AM ) really...

—from the inter-webs

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:54 pm

I am no theist or deist.

I embrace all religions, as Walt Whitman did.

Today if one rises and says 2 + 2 = 5 and repeats it enough, others will believe them and you have a new religion.

In a cosmos of mystery, anyone offering assurance, is raised up as a false god.

No other or thing can be your god.

This is what trump did.

I can offer you no assurance of anything.

I can’t even tell you what death is.

So how can I tell you what birth is?

We only have impressions.

If you can let your dogmas and beliefs go, you can read any book, sit in any church and appreciate the emotional expressions.

Epictetus said: “What is good enough for the universe, is good enough for me!”

I concur.

My church is all of this.

We do not have reasons or logic to explain things, we only have impressions, visions.

To have a clear mind is a great benefit in this wayward lost world humanity has created.

To be free of theories and suspicions and conspiracies allows one to live the best life they can.

To make calls to a savior or god or priest or portal or princess or president is dishonest and dastardly and stupid and wrong.

One should ignore fools spitting this or that truism or morality or theory or belief or god.

We all just have sense impressions.

Yours are no more or less valid than mine.

Your conclusions are, for I have none.

To claim some absolute truth is nonsense.

I only report my impressions of life.

That is all anyone can do.

There is no system, there simply is what is.

What we see is superior to what we reason about.

What establishes itself in the age and in the heart is the only real logic and the only real verification anyone has.

Do you accept the universe and all that is in it?

This is the most important question I feel.

We take it all in.

Some can see farther and deeper than others.

Listen maybe to these more than the logicians and reasoners.

They do not know.

They live apart from this.

But I am of this and I know myself and thus know this.

No one can claim or explain absolute beginnings or endings.

These are children and fools doing so.

They should know better than to draw such conclusions.

I do not disdain life, I love this and am optimistic about this, based on my experience of life.

Realizing only my mind made this world and life and death a hell was freedom.

Evolution no more clears up our beginnings and endings than any philosophy or religion does.

There is no demiurge or apocalypse in my mind.

There are no angels or demons tearing me apart.

Far from it.

These are the rantings of those lost in imagination.

There are no serpents or lizards or conspiracies against you.

Those are concepts that create a hell and tyranny in our minds.

Do not resist these concepts, simply let them pass through you.

People hurting others know no better.

They only hurt themselves.

And their punishment is felt in themselves, you know this from experience, just as kindness and virtue and character are their own reward.

You will not be rewarded in the sky by a god.

Or punished in a hell later for what you do now.

You punish or reward yourself through your actions.

Let all of this pass through you and notice what is happening.

It is foolish to deny the substance and feeling of life.

That is the ground of our being.

We have imagined so much that we have lost our way.

Come back

Come back

Come back

Mystery is not the denial of reason, but its honest confirmation.

Reason leads to mystery.

If you have not this sense of things, you are lost in your mind.

Come back

Come back

Come back

Mystery is not superstition.

Mystery and reality are two halves of the same sphere.

If you have lost the mystery of life, I am sorry for you.

You nor anyone alive knows Jesus or any from the past.

We are here now.

I can’t tell you who they were.

We only have manipulated stories.

Let fixed positions and stories and myths and facts pass through you.

Let prophecies pass through you.

Let dogmatism pass through you.

Let the lies pass through you.

Grab nothing.

Those who hate others, hate themselves most.  

Let easy answers and conditioning pass through you.

Mystery is on the other side of this.

Wondrous mystery.

There you will find your joy.

There you will find your greatness and beauty.

Your fate is yours, as your will is yours.

I claim all as my religion, nothing need be excluded.

The universe is more than enough for me.

I need nothing more.

To shun others, is to shun yourself.

To silence others, is to silence yourself.

I am not irreligious or an infidel.

I am deeply connected to my being, or I couldn’t write like this.

It is all meaningful and all beautiful.

Hell exists in the imagined distance one maintains from this.

Most live in their own imagined hell.

You will never talk anyone out of their own hell.

You can only find your own way out of it.

I am not traditionally religious, no.

My religion is being a human being in the cosmos, a mystery.

I need add nothing nor take away anything from this.

There is no conflict here.

We end, where we began.

So enjoy the ride.

I have nothing to argue with anyone.

Their view is their own.

It is easy to beat a believer and prophet with the mystery of the present.

It is easy to beat a materialist and eschatologist.

I can beat them with a look 👀

With a fart 💨 in their general direction.

I bend into shapes they could not imagine.

Let artificial positions and conclusions pass through you.

Nothing imagined can beat what is.

To know thyself is to know the mystery.

It is a koan, we can’t penetrate the mystery, but only acknowledge it exists.

The best words and actions cancel themselves out and simply leave what is right before you.

The best words show you, your identity is make believe.

There is no mine or yours.

There are no borders to defend.

I have no one name, all names are mine.

The cosmos = zero.

Sometimes you’re up, sometimes down.

But it all ends in zero.

Energy can't be destroyed or created.

So what happens when you die?

Here is what I think, speaking for myself, which is no self really.

The self is the imagined problem.

That's the whole problem with all of this, right there.

That word, self.

That is not a word, that is not right, that isn't.

How did we forget this?

The body stops a cell at a time.

But the brain keeps firing those neurons.

We don't really feel any of this.

We are too busy in the moment to remember.

Every atom in my body was forged in a star.

This matter and body is mostly just empty space.

This energy that appears as me is just energy vibrating very slowly.

There never was a me.

Electrons in my body mingle and dance with those in the ground and in the air around me.

We are no longer breathing when we die.

Then we remember there is no point where any of that ends and I begin.

This is dying before dying.

This is the only way to remember.

I remember I am energy, not memory or self.

Everything I feel I am, came after me.

I was before them and will be after.

Everything else are pictures that rose up in imaginary time.

We are knots of space-time.

We have a sword, a sharp one that one can cut through the knot when you are ready.

I am the lightening that ties all the pictures together.

I am returning home.

A drop falling back into the ocean.

All of this is one.

The cosmos and its infinite dreams.

We are the cosmos dreaming of itself, thinking we are selves.

Thinking and dreaming, the same.

We forget our dreams so easily.

But when I remember, there is no time or death, life is a wish made again and again.

I am that I am.

Good luck with your stories, and myths and conspiracies.

None of that will remain.

You and all of this is but a dream, here and gone.

Take solace in this.

You thought you were so close, but no, you were all of this and were never really here.

-------

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=414

Last edited by smelly da goat on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:28 pm