Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:45 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+17
cwallatruth
Cuan Scott
jofo
Course Catalog
U
SurfBum
hobbit
whoknows
Cheguevoblin
Foot Mann
ParanoidFactoid
GrandCru
GSB/SSR
Earthling
Big Bunny Love
dan
21 posters

Immaterialism 2

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Empty Immaterialism 2

Post by dan Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

[The original topic reminder post https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t320-immaterialism  
    should be substituted here... ]

(cont......)

Last edited by dan on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am; edited 8 times in total
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Empty Re: Immaterialism 2

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 am

Where dragons hide beneath the tides
    Where Buddhas lays to rest
    Where walrus goes once he is full
    Where ends the test of tests

How simple is the truth when found
    How efortless the way
    How nothingness feels strangely home
    How empty is the day

Is there a cure for sick not-sick?
    Is there a fix for ..... blank?
    Where did the red pill go to die?
    It must have run away.
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 am

Peace and contentment are kinda boring

Yawn

I feel strangely undead.

You all are merely figments of my imagination

What now?

I need a new challenge. 

I guess the challenge now is learning to sit with contentment and be content with contentment.

Hmmm

I agree with Smelly. No matter what, we must maintain our authenticity I feel.

I will say, it's a very very very small world indeed.

A speck on a clover sort of small.

Smaller even. 

A single electron sort of small.

What a challenge it is to have no more challenges....sort of...kind of ... but not really

Last edited by TheSloth on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pkisfake
    Pkisfake

Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Empty LARRY FROM 3 Stooges!

Post by Pkisfake Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:50 am

Immaterialism 2 - Page 29 Img_6810
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 am

Haha!

A buddy of mine is being puckish today.

To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution.
    - Marcus Aurelius
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:06 am

Lol

Well since I didn't start this, Foot reminds me of someone else with his hair down.

Spoilerz

https://youtu.be/CeuiRxoJipQ

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am

Puck doesn’t really give a fuck.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 am

Undoubtedly, we are undergoing a revolution, both political and intellectual.  

The nearest precedent for now, is the French Revolution.

Leading up to the Revolution was the Enlightenment and the counter enlightenment.  The precedent was the Reformation and Counter-Reformation.  

Basically, we have the Western Mystery school v.  the Cult of Reason.  

Mystery has been with us always.  Rene Descartes launched the Cult of Reason.

Postmodernism is the first serious pushback against Reason.

smelly is our resident postmodern pluralist.  

I am representing the more traditional mystery......

(Right now , I need to talk to BobK.........)

I’m checking on the possibly converging events......

Congressional elections

Mueller investigation...... (Halloween/Xmas time frame.....)

Armed convoy heading for the southern border, allegedly funded by Soros&Co.  

Khashoggi affair.

Any others of timely interest?

(cont......)

Last edited by dan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Yay, Dan's back!
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:30 pm

That’s basically what is unfolding and it moves very fast now, blink and another clue materializes.

I am an activated node.

Met others.

I played around with it, but it’s basically as Dan described it.

Consciousness evolves under our feet from our minds.

The symbols of Hermeticism and Gnosticism abound but are hardly understood.

Through Colin Wilson, Blake, Swedenborg and many others, clues to our unfolding can be understood through history.

All opposition seeks to prevent us from realizing our power and this force has us confused and spinning.

Another force stabilizes you if you let it.
    cwallatruth

Post by cwallatruth Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:47 pm

smelly wrote:
    All opposition seeks to prevent us from realizing our power and this force has us confused and spinning.
    Another force stabilizes you if you let it.

What/Who is the opposition? Our egos? Culture? ...?
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:00 pm

We oppose ourselves ultimately or grant ourselves access to the mysteries Wink

Culture and politics show this trend towards loss of meaning.

We seem to be heading down down down and we must descend into the unconscious.

The 20th century was the trigger to descend.

What you do to yourself, you do to or for me and vice versus.

Everything we do matters, opposition says you are meaningless, is that your experience locally though?

What we do matters because it’s all connected.

So my first reaction to this was to stop, become aware of my breath, and look around.

Context matters.

http://polanyisociety.org/TAD%20WEB%20ARCHIVE/TAD18-1/TAD18-1-fnl-pg27-38-pdf.pdf

Postmodernism is a threat to meaning.

We have to become whole persons to avoid nihilism.

There is a lot of background needed to get a sense of this.

Get to work.

Dan and others can help provide some grounding here, but unless you help yourself, our words ring empty perhaps.
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Yashoda looks into the child Krishna's mouth and sees herself looking into the child Krishna's mouth.

cwallatruth

Post by cwallatruth Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm

smelly wrote:
    There is a lot of background needed to get a sense of this.

Get to work.

Dan and others can help provide some grounding here, but unless you help yourself, our words ring empty perhaps.

Thanks Smelly. For clarification, who specifically should get to work? Us OMF muppets, or all humanity? Most of us are lazy and/or don't have the time to read through all of what you and Dan reference or the intellect to grasp the deep philosophies and existential poetry that you and Dan are so wonderful at.

It starts to feel overwhelming and so I suspect most don't participate. Just as we all can't be Michael Jordan, we all can't be chicken little or smelly goats. Are the meek fucked?

Or perhaps you and Dan could work on a way to simplify what it is you are trying to tell to whoever it is you are trying to tell (presumably muppets and all humanity)? Seriously, how do we narrow the scope of all "the work" that is said here into something the layperson can comprehend and progress from?
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 pm

cw, raise yourself up to meet the challenge and you will find wholeness, it is here.

Simply, the problem of dualism is “the more able man becomes to manipulate the world to his advantage, the less he can perceive any meaning in it."

We know this because of Hitler and Stalin and now Trump partly. The dualism has erupted into more and more novelty needed in culture to balance out the loss of meaning.

We are in deep doodoo, but the best kind and level of fuckedness Wink

But look at how much we are loved.

We have forgotten our marriage vows and still we are given time and chance.

There are no short cuts, though one can find their way to this with primers and intuition with an open mind.

Those are your keys to your mind.

They are hidden in plain sight.

so long this has been the terrain of the desert dweller, but no longer.

It is literally a matter of life or death of the appearances.

Love is the foundation, so have you found Love in your life.

What confuses us about love?

"Imagination, as Owen Barfield never tired of explaining in his many works, is not merely ‘faded sense;’ it is a vital cognitive faculty which links the human mind directly to the ever-evolving Logos. It is the link, as Goethe so well demonstrated, by means of which human consciousness can itself evolve upward towards a deeper cognitive comprehension of the divine creative forces that are at work everywhere in nature, and that also work, as Noam Chomsky has partially understood, within the human mind itself.

Not only is the source of all logic inexplicable to a science that limits itself to the material world, it is also the case that the very word ‘matter,’ without the opposite concept ‘spirit,’ can be shown to have no conceptual validity. This was a central theme in Owen Barfield’s work.
    (See for example the article ‘Matter, Imagination and Spirit’ by Owen Barfield, originally published in the Journal of the American Academy of Religion, 1974, and later in Barfield’s work “The Rediscovery of Meaning and Other Essays”, Wesleyan University Press, Middletown Connecticut, 1977.

Chomsky states that science effectively ceased to be based on a Monism of Matter after Newton introduced the “occult” concept of gravity into the mechanical philosophy of his day, the wider ramifications of which step had greatly disturbed him.

Einstein also, in his lifelong but unsuccessful search for what has been called the Holy Grail of physics, ‘the final field theory’ observed that this task had been made much more difficult by the fact that Newton had replaced touch with action at a distance."
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm

This is gold...mine it.

"Participation thus includes the discovery that the nature and origin of phenomena, on the one hand, and the nature and origin of mankind, on the other, are profoundly and inextricably bound together. This viewpoint relates to what we usually call “ecology,” but at a deeper level than that issue is routinely addressed.

In the case of Barfieldianparticipation, there is at least one major aid and one major obstacle to its persuasion and acceptance. The major aid is the science of physics and its implications. Those various assumptions voiced by Werner Heisenberg, Niels Bohr, or David Bohm, that the activity of the observer implicates what is observed; or the more familiar assumption that all matter is ultimately a dynamic field of sub-atomic particles; even the routine practice of constructing models--these assumptions begin to press home the implication that, if nothing else, participation already resides in each and every act of human perception, for no one yet claims to actually “see” the sub-atomic particles which physics informs us are the ultimate constituent of reality.

What occurs in human perception, Barfield argues, is what he calls “figuration”; and what is perceived by us all is a “collective representation” (unless, of course, the reader can see the particles and/or waves!). Let me note, however, that participation in human perception can only take us so far, for it remains largely unconscious and does not yet reveal the phenomena in a vastly different light. But it is at least a beginning, an important one."

What has been hidden deep below inside us, now comes into focus and it has big sharp teeth.

I have seen the Beast and it is me.

One who sees the likes Jordan Peterson as a Nazi, is still looking with eyes that only half see. If they were to see and have clear perception, they would see them for what they are, our unconscious speaking, because the Logos has evolved to speaking about itself out loud now beyond just art.

The Logos now faces the nihilistic opposition and asserts its own meaning through our perception of it.
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:02 pm

All joking aside, I'm closer to your level of awareness cw at least compared to Dan and Smelly. I can attest to what Smelly is saying a little bit. My mind is mostly cluttered with abstractions and exaggerations as well as fear and anxiety that at times can be transmuted into agression, however following just a small breadcrumb I can actually feel my mind clearing up and calming down.

https://youtu.be/9pOHmcOHT48

Maybe start with this Muppet!
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Things like Zen and Stoicism exist, to calm us the fuck down to take in the new programming.

But they are not the end of Awareness, just a means of flowing in the chaos without being destroyed through your own emotions and thoughts.

I have seen someone talk themselves into self destruction.

I wrote and spoke myself into self awareness.

If I can do it, anyone can.

It ain't pretty to watch and I don't want to see the world devolve into a meaningless free for all of roaming rape and cannibal gangs or regulated by artificial means.

In this age of AI presented as devil and/or savior, I reassert the meaningfulness of our experience and connections and pursuit of self awareness.

Techne is just a tool.

I mean thank fucking God for Dan Smiths and Owen Barfields and Smelly Goats.

Religion couldn't get this done, we will.

"If the implication of physics is a major aid, then the major obstacle to the persuasion and acceptance of
    participation is the “idolatry” of Owen Barfield’s subtitle--i.e. positivism. For Barfield, positivism as an obstacle lies
    not so much in its “ism” as in its habitual way of experiencing the world. Yet even ideologically, positivism, to be sure,
    can mean many things; for Barfield’s purposes it usually means materialism, the view that matter is all there “really is,”
    or rather that there is no immaterial agency at work in the very face and appearance of matter, including ourselves. And
    if a mighty fleet can be said to have a flagship, then positivism--idolatry--has been dominated above all by the doctrines
    of Darwinian and neo-Darwinian evolution. What is very important to mention at this juncture is that, for Barfield,
    Darwinism--not evolution per se but Darwinism--is the view which enforces the specious belief in phenomena as
    separate, as “other,” and, of course, as matter through and through. Darwinism is in that respect the forefront of
    positivism; and to Barfield, the historian of consciousness, the fact that those two views had their formal birth at the
    same time--in the middle of the last century--is certainly no accident. Positivism in general and Darwinism in particular
    are thus the principal obstacles to a renewed sense of the world based on participation and therefore to saving the
    phenomena by understanding them in their true appearances. Whether it be a special moment of epiphany, as in an
    art form such as poetry or music which recreates the world anew, or else the more familiar world in response to our
    perception, the appearances, contends Barfield, are the activity of an immaterial agency made manifest as phenomena."

Psychedelics and Pot can help a lot here to rediscover the world inside you and around you are connected.
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

You are wearing the Ruby slippers already.

Smelly can't do your work for you though he may appear as though he is trying.

For some, the answer might be to follow the yellow brick road, while for others it may simply be to click their heels together three times.

Me, I'm just the cheif muppet talking to myself reiterating what I already understand.

Was Dorthy home while she was on her journey in OZ?

Can you ever really leave home?
    cwallatruth

Post by cwallatruth Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:42 pm

The Keeper Of The Laws wrote:All joking aside, I'm closer to your level of awareness cw at least compared to Dan and Smelly. I can attest to what Smelly is saying a little bit. My mind is mostly cluttered with abstractions and exaggerations as well as fear and anxiety that at times can be transmuted into agression, however following just a small breadcrumb I can actually feel my mind clearing up and calming down.

https://youtu.be/9pOHmcOHT48

Maybe start with this Muppet!

Thanks, KOL. Appreciate it. I seem to take 2 steps forward then 2 steps back. All this OMF banter appears to have an objective, to use smelly's words, there's "work to do". To me that implies we need to achieve something and I can't tell what it is to achieve other than just being and my mind ends up in a circular reference. When I realize I'm god, will I just know it? Or do I have to be ok without knowing that I might be god, but still act like I am?

smelly wrote:Psychedelics and Pot can help a lot here to rediscover the world inside you and around you are connected.

Pot and psychedelics, ie. "peak experiences", always (or nearly always) provide me the "feeling" of having it ALL figured out, but I can't find the words nor hang onto them when I'm back at base reality, which I realize is the actual delusion. The peak experience feels so real and so scary, it makes me realize we have to have this illusory base reality just to function. Is that what's happening? Is the base reality crumbling, and those that can't handle the cold clarity of complete awareness and connectedness will lose their shit?

OR... should I be talking to a psychiatrist? Smile
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

I feel we all must wrestle with this or we are pathological.

This can be perceived and understood.

And you must do that on your own.

The work is to pierce your dualism and materialism and see Mind comes first.

See our culture is lost in material idolatry.

Then you balance opposites and will be more effective.

We are beings of the Logos, so look through the words.

This is not a free for all.

It takes grounding and rooting deeply.

Anyone who directs otherwise threatens your self awareness and wholeness.

But we can abide morons and the confused as well Wink

Or you are superficially engaging with big mind consciousness.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Base reality is being saved by our own awareness and perception.

We don’t escape, we integrate.

There has been a way made to help pick up the pieces after the shit and sky both fall up and down on us.
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 pm

"When setting out on a journey do not seek advice from someone who never left home." - Rumi

Another time there was a famous master called Suibi, and he was asked, “What is the secret teaching of Buddhism?” And he was asked this in the lecture hall, you know, where other monks were studying. And he said, “Wait until there’s no one around and I’ll tell you.” So, later in the day, the monk accosted him and said, “There’s nobody around now. What is the secret teaching of Buddhism?” So he went into the garden with this monk, and he pointed at the bamboos. And the monk said, “I don’t understand.” He said, “What a tall one that is. What a short one that is.” And this awakened the monk.
    SurfBum
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by SurfBum Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 pm

CW,

Who are you?

When you can answer that without any doubts or hesitation you will know.
    cwallatruth

Post by cwallatruth Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 pm

TheSloth wrote:CW,

Who are you?

When you can answer that without any doubts or hesitation you will know.

“The Rishis, seven that sat on Mount Kailasha and considered thus, answered that the soul became self-conscious; and crying, “I am That!” became two even in the act of asserting it was One.”

I am the one and no one and everyone but mostly I am two.
    cwallatruth

Post by cwallatruth Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:14 pm

smelly wrote:Base reality is being saved by our own awareness and perception.

We don’t escape, we integrate.

There has been a way made to help pick up the pieces after the shit and sky both fall up and down on us.

Must I genuinely want to give up material to integrate?
    Or just not care that I care about material?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am