Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:57 am by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:54 pm by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:12 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2024 11:38 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2024 12:47 am by Mr. Janus

» THE ORIGINAL OPEN MINDS FORUM
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2024 11:32 pm by Mr. Janus

» Updating the Book
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2024 1:29 am by Mr. Janus

» Disclosure - For U by U
Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2024 12:46 am by Mr. Janus

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm by Admin

With Open Minds Forum restored now for almost half a year at it's new location with forumotion.com we can now turn to look at reaching out to OMF's original members who have not yet returned home. OMF's original membership was over 6,000 members strong, prior to the proboards suspension, according to the rolls of the time. We can probably safely assume that some of those accounts were unidentified socks. If we were to assume a reasonable guess of maybe as many as 30% possible sock accounts then that would leave potentially somewhere between 4800 to 4900 possible real members to locate. That is still a substantial number of people.

Who were all these people? Some were average individuals with common interests in ufology, exopolitics, globalism, corruption, earthchanges, science and technology, and a variety of other interests. Some just enjoyed being part of a vibrant and unusually interesting community. Others were representative of various insider groups participating in observation and outreach projects, while still others were bonafide intelligence community personnel. All with stake in the hunt for truth in one fashion or another. Some in support of truth, and communication. Others seeking real disclosure and forms of proof. And others highly skeptical of anything or limited subjects. The smallest division of membership being wholly anti-disclosure oriented.

So where did these members vanish to? They had many options. There are almost innumerable other forums out there on the topics of UFO's or Exopolitics, the Unexplained, and Conspiracy Theory. Did they disappear into the world-wide network of forum inhabitants? Did some go find new homes on chatrooms or individual blogs? Did they participate in ufo conventions or other public events and gatherings? How about those who represented groups in special access? Or IC and military observers? Those with academic affiliations? Where did they all go and what would be the best way to reach out and extend an invitation to return?

And what constitutes a situation deserving of their time and participation? Is the archive enough? How exactly do people within the paradigm most desire to define a community? Is it amenities, humanity or simply population size for exposure? Most of the special guests have been emailed and have expressed that population size for exposure is what most motivates them. But not all. Long-time member Dan Smith has other priorities and values motivating his participation. Should this open opportunities for unattached junior guests who have experience and dialog to contribute to the world? How best to make use of OMF's time, experience and resources?

Many skeptics would like to see the historical guardian of discourse opportunity to just up and disappear; go into permanent stasis. They think that not everyone has a right to speak about their experiences and if there is no proof involved then there can philosophically be no value to discourse. I personally would respectfully disagree with them. Discourse has always been the prelude to meaningful relationships and meaningful mutual relationships have always been the prelude to exchanges of proof. In a contentious social environment with regards to communication vs disclosure how do we best re-establish a haven for those preludes? Is it only the "if we build it they will come" answer? Well considering OMF has been largely fully functional over the last four or five months this line of reasoning is not necessarily true. So what would be the best way re-establish this? Your suggestions are sought. Please comment.

October 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+23
ParanoidFactoid
Bubbles!
painterdoug
DrZaius
jofo
Foot Mann
Course Catalog
GSB/SSR
Cuan Scott
Z
GrandCru
mion
Cheguevoblin
Snarff
ScaRZ
Big Bunny Love
murnut
hobbit
@awestruckt
whoknows
Just wandering
dan
27 posters

Persons within the substance of love.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Empty Persons within the substance of love.

Post by dan Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:25 am

First topic message reminder :

(‘first topic message reminder.......’)

Once again, I attempt to bring the conversation back to Personalism......

Disclosure is simply going to underscore the infinite worth and potential of every sapient creature, ie, person.  Anything other than that is simply false.

(Please keep in mind the links given in the fifth post on this thread......

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t313-three-in-one )

Last edited by dan on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    whoknows
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Empty Re: Persons within the substance of love.

Post by whoknows Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 am

Dan wrote:utsuro bune

Did you get that from Jeffery Kripal? Seems I first read of utsuro in something he wrote.

Last edited by whoknows on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Persons within the substance of love.   - Page 28 Empty Re: Persons within the substance of love.

Post by dan Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 am

Now I’m impressed, 99....... with your own pearly whites!

Substitute princess........?

Well, smelly answered your question. It’s kinda like the Mandelbrot. It’s all.... worlds within worlds. That how we get infinitude out of finitude. Didn’t you know? It keeps everything up close and personal.

Especially those princesses.

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:51 am

Yes Dan, that was my point. It's not truly final. The universe moves in circles, in rhythms. So if we are always moving in a circle back to where we are now, then why do we need to go on acting like we must do some work to get somewhere. We aren't really going anywhere. The play is the play. Gravity doesn't need any help from us. This forum could be shut down tomorrow and the play would play on in circles just fine, would it not?
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 am

I guess my last question was a hypothetical. If OMF were to be shut down then that would have been what was necessary and if it doesn't, then that is what is necessary. But at the end of the day it's all been worked out already, and that is my point. The play is the play. We don't need to have any missions or purposes, we are the mission and purpose. Consider the lillies.
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 am

Just letting you know Dan that the offer stands in case you need an interim princess for that position.Smile
    whoknows
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by whoknows Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSERB93GYfw

LOL you dudes are so....
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 am

Just answer this Dan, what is your purpose here on OMF? What are you trying to work out still? What is the difference between best possible and perfect world?
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 am

I love it when WK drops in some music to keep it real. He's right, I'm getting way too serious with Dan right now. Laughing

Saving the world is a very serious game WK, don't you know?
    whoknows
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by whoknows Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am

Man you haven't been listening to your Guru The smelly.
    whoknows
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by whoknows Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOiY2WcU9HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR4aQrYozY

Last edited by whoknows on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 am

Ack,  

So many questions, so little time.......

God started out by making a perfect world.  She too one look at it, and said...... jesus, that is boring as hell.  So then she set about to make the BPW, and, as you can see, it’s still a work in progress...... in our dreams and imaginations.  We are the (weak) measure of all things.

So, Ack, my purpose here is just to show you how to measure everything....... in quantum/weak fashion. It’s called FINAL participation, and I do mean final. When you get your measure, you will be beyond the event horizon........ about to hit the cosmic firewall. Bon Voyage...... baby!

(cont.....)

Last edited by dan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 am

You could be the interim Princess, you are every bit as qualified as she is. You might even be her in another time and dimension. The first thing you must do is become perfect. Are you perfect now? Remember, true perfectness appears very imperfect on the surface. Do you know who you are 99?
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am

Okay Dan, we are still on the same page here.

So we are on our way back to boring again? I agree. We wouldn't know what exciting is if we didn't know what boring is. We wouldn't know what infinity is unless we also know what finite is.
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 am

Who am I? I'm the whippoorwill that cries in the night and I'm perfect, just like WE ALL ARE as we are ALL created in HER image. Please remember that always, Ack.
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 am

Ack is funny isn’t he Dan?

He’s settling it for himself, ha Wink

AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 am

Ask is your guru wk, haha.

Kid is crazy.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

And the point is, Ack, that there is only one page, in the End.

That’s why we have the internet, I believe.

And that’s why we have UTs instead of ETs, wk..... didn’t you know?

Last edited by dan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    whoknows
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by whoknows Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am

No P funk is my guru for today. Make my funk the p funk I wank to get funked up.

Wefunk, y'all
    Now this is what I want you all to do:
    If you got faults, defects or shortcomings
    You know, like arthritis, rheumatism or migraines
    Whatever part of your body it is
    I want you to lay it on your radio, let the vibes flow through
    Funk not only moves, it can re-move, dig?
    The desired effect is what you get
    When you improve your Interplanetary Funksmanship
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am

Maybe when the water breaks, right before we are born, a giant flood will wipe out everyone and we will be born again into a new world as a baby in original participation to start the cycle again. Come on Aquarious, bring on the water! Maybe give us another 33 years of life to enjoy final participation. 66 is a good age to die.
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 am

99 wrote:Who am I? I'm the whippoorwill that cries in the night and I'm perfect, just like WE ALL ARE as we are ALL created in HER image. Please remember that always, Ack.

Thanks 99. That makes me happy to hear. Laughing do love my mother dearly who gave me my life and my death. I love the High Priestess and the Emperess both in different ways, just like I love you in two different ways also. queen
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 am

So Dan, how do I measure everything? How do I participate in final participation? Am I participating NOW? Are you participating Now? If I am participating can others not be?

Last edited by Ackbar on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 am

My earthly mother disowned me.

I don’t blame her one bit.

She couldn’t stand the sight of me naked.

A great story below, short.

The Egg will crack.

http://highexistence.com/images/view/the-egg-by-andy-weir/

Some good OMF flow today now that wk has funked out.

This is a great muppet chat below.

Last edited by AtomicBrando on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 am

Ack,

You haven’t done your homework.  

But that’s okay, I’ll do it for you.........

This is the dawning of the age of ....... the Spirit.  

The Spirit and the Kingdom are within.  They have at least a thousand years (Millennium) to manifest without.  Smell the daisies...... you have all the time in the (best possible) world.

And how do we participate......?  

You’re right...... we’ve been participating all along.  

Most people know that instinctively, but some of us asperger types have to work it out with a pencil.

When I say that each of us is a microcosm, I wasn’t joking around. We each contain the Alpha and the Omega. It’s just that the j-man was the first to demonstrate that fact, historically. We are just about to recapitulate history. It will be kinda like an global NDE, thanks to the internet.

(cont......)

Last edited by dan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am

Dan, maybe WK is just doing his final participation. But I still don't know what it is. Is it dropping all concepts and just living for today, like maybe listening to P funk instead of discussing the meaning of final participation?
    AtomicBrando
    AtomicBrando

Post by AtomicBrando Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 am

And some of us asberger types have to turn ourselves inside out to settle it.

We have had Asberger wars here on OMF.

So funny to see it all in hind sight.

Ack, my boy, do whatever it takes to relax.

Relax into it baby.

The last few days you have only been grasping for what you are already.

We are participation.

We are all ME.

We are now synchronizing.

Last edited by AtomicBrando on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:42 pm