Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:29 am by Mr. Janus

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 6:22 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 2:15 am by Big Bunny Love

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:42 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 7:23 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
pman35
skaizlimit
Bard
Cyrellys
dan
Jake Reason
GSB/SSR
11 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

And for the insane, or other wise, we present:

Schroedinger's Cat is not Alone

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.4206v4

Beatriz Gato, Beatriz Gato-Rivera
    (Submitted on 23 Apr 2010 (v1), last revised 31 Mar 2011 (this version, v4))
    We introduce the `Complete Wave Function' and deduce that all living beings, not just Schroedinger's cat, are actually described by a superposition of `alive' and `dead' quantum states; otherwise they would never die. Therefore this proposal provides a quantum mechanical explanation to the world-wide observation that we all pass away. Next we consider the Measurement problem in the framework of M-theory. For this purpose, together with Schroedinger's cat we also place inside the box Rasputin's cat, which is unaffected by poison. We analyse the system identifying its excitations (catons and catinos) and we discuss its evolution: either to a classical fight or to a quantum entanglement. We also propose the BSVΨ scenario, which implements the Complete Wave Function as well as the Big Bang and the String Landscape in a very (super)natural way. Then we test the gravitational decoherence of the entangled system applying an experimental setting due to Galileo. We also discuss the Information Loss paradox. For this purpose we consider a massless black cat falling inside a massive black hole. After that we outline a method to compute the contribution of black cats to the dark matter of the universe. Finally, in the spirit of Schroedinger, we propose that next generation double-slit experiments should use cats as projectiles. Cat interferometry will inevitably lead to the `Many Cats' interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, allowing to shed new light on old mysteries and paradoxes. For example, according to this interpretation, conservative estimates show that decision making of a single domestic cat will create about 550 billion whole universes every day, with as many replicas of itself.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Uh, oh......!  

Looks like we had a slight confusion of dates.  The Princess was thinking that this was actually New Year's Day, not just New Year's Eve.  So we are on next week.  Dave, the producer, is out of the studio until 10, so we are without our linkup.

Catch us next week......!

We apologize for the mixup.

And, once again, Happy New Year!
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Hey all you observers here...you need to catch Alex Jones's interview of Steve Quayle that was done today.  It replays continuously on that channel at Infowars.  He lays out alot of the information from the past and ties it all in to what is happening now.  He nails it.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 am

"megaliths and the megalop(olises": This imagery, Dan, admits of only a dualist or monist interpretation, and leaves out a triadist interpretation.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Cy,

Thanks for reminding us about Steve Quayle.  He is mesmerizing, and I mean that quite literally.  If I were in competition for the AC, I would have to runup the white flag, already.  

He does a mashup of Xian survivalism, straight out of the Montana hills.  He never saw a conspiracy theory he didn't love.  He seems out to corner the gold market, and must have his own bank up in them thar hills.  

Skai,

Feel free to elaborate on your 'triadist' interpretation......

I'm going to be mostly in NYC and out of the loop until Monday.  

Yesterday, I did a review of cessationism, etc., mostly just on the wiki. It had not occurred to me previously to equate cessationism with the death of God movement, but there it should be.

As Skai might note, it is only the Catholic Church that keeps God and miracles alive, since the flame went out of the early church. This is not to mention, however and importantly, the Great Awakenings that transpired in America, and lately in South America, Africa and Asia.

(cont.)

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey Dan,

Quayle makes his living just a hair outside of the paradigm.  His radio show participates as a promoter of his personal business yes.  But his focus is clearly on the paradigm.  There are two languages generally applied to the paradigm.  One is strictly factual, the other is in terms of Christian perspective.  You yourself use the Christian perspective, although you range from ego-centric to purpose-centric, whereas his range is devotion-centric to awareness-centric.

His network is massive and a good portion comes from underground circles within the system.  Years of observing has shown his level of accuracy is good to well above good.

I find it interesting that instead of valuing what information is presented for intrinsic or inherent value, you automatically dismiss the entire baby and bathwater with a dismissive comment designed to turn away anyone with potential interest, i.e. "He does a mashup of Xian survivalism, straight out of the Montana hills.  He never saw a conspiracy theory he didn't love."

All of us gain information from a variety of sources.  Not every source is one who's operating style or philosophy is something we ourselves would espouse.  But that does not make the information shared or observations made of any less value.

A truffle grows in the dirt.  You must dig to find that gem.  Perhaps you don't enjoy wandering through woods.  Perhaps you don't appreciate having to dig in dirt for something of value.  Perhaps you may not like the scent of soil.  Perhaps you may not find the scent appetizing.  But you do like to eat the truffle.  The truffle has value.

Is it not interesting that we will suffer a growing medium when it is dirt....but when it comes to people, we do not or are not willing to suffer the growing mediums that produce their gems?

Is that hypocritical?  Is it a divine facet of human behavior?

Cy

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Cy,

I did not mean to be harsh with Steve. He is fulfilling a needed function wrt these Endtimes. I would not discourage anyone from taking it all in.

Again, thank you for sharing.........
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 am

Nevertheless, Cy, I trust that you have a qualm or two about the tone of Steve's appeal to Jesus, as if he were little more than a survivalist zealot.  Is this not more than a bit exploitative?  

It is no secret that I harbor my own designs on the J-man, and so I do come honestly by this sensitivity.  No?  

11:30--------

Headed to NYC, slowly but surely, via Amtrack.  

One does not have to be terribly astute to understand that Steve Q is, at the very least, casting himself in the role as an Xian prophet.  He thinks he's playing with a full deck.  I beg to differ.  And, without the MoAPS, it is, admittedly, a rather bleak picture.  What can one do, other than hunker down, and hoard gold and weapons? One does not have to be a prophet to figure that out. And, yes, it is useful to have a network and to share the info and rumors. We all have access to alternative and conflicting sources.

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 am

"triadic" = concept of "Trinity". During my "terrible twoze" (second go round in college) I managed to drive a guest professor of psychology into an irate rage by A. getting him to call on me during a lecture to 160 students, and B. asking him about the third half of the human brain. This also drew some extremely hostile looks from some of the coeds who had mistakenly thought that they had it all sewed up as far as psychology went. Notice also that the "Triad" of "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" redoubles on itself, that is can be played back by man, as "Holy Spirit, Son, Father". Of course I'm making this sound as inexplicable as I can, but this only demonstrates the ineffibility of God ... or the inability of man, or both.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 am

Are you headed up to NYC to look into the End of the World Cruise?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am

Skai,

Let me guess that the 'third half' of the brain is a reference to the spirit within us, also referred to as simply insight, intuition, the third-eye, etc.  

I would not need to go far to book a cruise.  This is just for our periodic culture fix.  I have yet to commit to any cruise.

And, look, any organized religion has, just by definition, got to be seriously anti-gnostic. I am, almost by definition, a wannabe gnostic. Are you, like Jake, before you, trying to protect me from my own hubris? It is an uphill battle for the both of us..... pro- vs. anti.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:23 pm

That psychology professor's field was a material psychologist, which is why I couldn't resist handing him a subtle dose of immaterialism. "hubris": "Every statement is an argument except for this one".
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Happy to see you all are enjoying a happy new year ... it's 80*F here.
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Temps are dropping here headed back to -20 F.  Typical January weather...snow, wind, subzero.  It's an excuse to wear different pieces of my fleece clothes collection.  Fuzzy living.

Yes we had a good Christmas.  We don't celebrate new years but the neighbors do and are avid pyromaniacs to boot, so we were treated to a nice fireworks show.  

@ Dan, I don't have any qualms at all about Steve's highly demonstrative devotion to Jesus.  His feelings fill him with an energy that has to go somewhere and he chooses to put it into displays of his devotion.  I'm not personally a scene maker except in where it concerns making war.  So while being that vocal is not my cup of tea, I don't hold it against him.  

The one thing I like about it, is that he's quite clear about where he stands...there's no fence straddling like many people do.  I think that's why the guys in the black ops world gravitate to him because he's clear and consistent.  Too much of that particular world is soluble and the inhabitants never can be quite certain where they stand or how secure they themselves are.  Therefore solid ground is appealing.

Your social conditioning is what causes you to see only a "survivalist zealot".  He speaks with fervor where he has a bead on evil...evil is not an individual problem in society but also a collective problem.  And the collective cannot deal with evil, defend itself from evil, or create a greater good than any evil it faces if it does not know about it, recognize its travels among us, or understand what it is doing or how it operates.  That's the purpose of people like Quayle....point it out, so all may get a good look.

What we do about it from that point forward is up to us.  The man did his job.

As to what we can do?  Plenty.  If the tune you hear in life is sour, then create a fresh melody.  Fill the air with it and set it free to do what it does best.  In other words build.  Build a greater collection of good than whatever the evil you may face.  

I don't do despair.  That's a state of mind not an unsolvable situation.  There's no such thing as impossible.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Cy,

We might wonder then about the source of evil. This is a question that no one who points their finger at evil ever wants to answer, particularly not you or Steve.

If you cannot locate the source, how can you hope to overcome it?

There is, in fact, a simple answer.
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

dan wrote:Cy,

We might wonder then about the source of evil.  This is a question that no one who points their finger at evil ever wants to answer, particularly not you or Steve.  

Dan, we've answered answered that question, both in our own way, numerous times.  How you can equate that with not wanting to answer such a thing is beyond me.  I have long since ceased trying to figure out how you can make such gross misunderstandings about people who have always been very clear about where they stand and in what way and why the majority of their commonly held opinions lie.

The majority of evil is little more than two things:

a.  youthful ignorance - usually unintentional.

b.  youthful self-servancy - a mixture of unintentional and intentional.

The actual instances of real evil externally sourced to mankind is relatively little imo.  People are generally their own worst enemy.  This is the biggest argument for continuing the classroom; the no student skates policy intact, till the scores on the proverbial SAT are up where they should be.

The evil that is not human sourced is another matter entirely, and it's the business of the Source.  There are innumerable roots and types possible, Dan.  Some roots and types Earthlings and even the Other's can't yet fully recognize or identify yet.  The various religions of the world attempt to address some of that.  Emphasis on some, imo.  

The truly good thing is that evil is not all encompassing unless we individually and collectively skip a beat.  And where that happens, recovery is also always possible, if people care enough to act.  

I happen to think that mankind's greatest hangup to overcome is when it fails to collectively act with coherency in opposition to distant expressions of evil.  Oh, all those people being murdered on the far side of the planet, is so horrible, but it is way over there, and my reach as an individual is limited therefore, I'm not obligated to be concerned or to act upon it.  Is this true? or how about, Oh fukashima is such a sad state of affairs, I feel so bad for the Japanese people, but I have to go to work tomorrow, I won't be pushing my government to act to work to solve the problem, it is enough I think it sad.  Is this true?

Does circumstantial distance remove the obligation to stewardship?

And this point is just one example among many of people not being ready for transition to the next stage in "state of being".

You and I had a discussion about this "readiness" back in 2008 Dan.  I said the same thing then.  I've seen nothing in the interim to alter that opinion.  So I have just reiterated it.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Cyrellys wrote:

We might wonder then about the source of evil.  This is a question that no one who points their finger at evil ever wants to answer, particularly not you or Steve.  

Dan, we've answered answered that question, both in our own way, numerous times. How you can equate that with not wanting to answer such a thing is beyond me.  I have long since ceased trying to figure out how you can make such gross misunderstandings about people who have always been very clear about where they stand and in what way and why the majority of their commonly held opinions lie.

The actual instances of real evil externally sourced to mankind is relatively little imo.  People are generally their own worst enemy.  This is the biggest argument for continuing the classroom; the no student skates policy intact, till the scores on the proverbial SAT are up where they should be.

The evil that is not human sourced is another matter entirely, and it's the business of the Source.  There are innumerable roots and types possible, Dan.  Some roots and types Earthlings and even the Other's can't yet fully recognize or identify yet.  The various religions of the world attempt to address some of that.  Emphasis on some, imo.  

The truly good thing is that evil is not all encompassing unless we individually and collectively skip a beat.  And where that happens, recovery is also always possible, if people care enough to act.  

I happen to think that mankind's greatest hangup to overcome is when it fails to collectively act with coherency in opposition to distant expressions of evil.  Oh, all those people being murdered on the far side of the planet, is so horrible, but it is way over there, and my reach as an individual is limited therefore, I'm not obligated to be concerned or to act upon it.  Is this true? or how about, Oh fukashima is such a sad state of affairs, I feel so bad for the Japanese people, but I have to go to work tomorrow, I won't be pushing my government to act to work to solve the problem, it is enough I think it sad.  Is this true?

And this point is just one example among many of people not being ready for transition to the next stage in "state of being".

You and I had a discussion about this "readiness" back in 2008 Dan.  I said the same thing then.  I've seen nothing in the interim to alter that opinion.  So I have just reiterated it.

Cy

"Revelation Matters....Spiritual Crossroads Are Significant....Education Is Essential..."

Well, this is of course, if it be of a non-broadcasted terran signal.

Within the intro of the book I recently started:

From the program notes of a 1958 performance by the Yale School of Drama, in Brussels.

"Man, the scientists say, is the animal that thinks.  They are wrong. Man is the animal that loves. It is in man's love that God exists and triumphs: in man's love that life is beautiful: in man's love that the world's injustice is resolved.  To hold together in one thought those terrible opposites of good and evil which struggle in the world is to be capable of life, and only the love will hold them so.

Our labor always, like Job's father, is to learn suffering to love....to love even that which let us suffer."

She's pissed, Dan?  

It's been a bit strange 'round these parts, hasn't it? Regardless, it's obvious to me that the games being played, were not well recieved.  It would be wise for the Sons of Anarchy to alter their course a bit to find some harmonics.

Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 pm

MD02 wrote:
    Cyrellys wrote:

Dan, we've answered answered that question, both in our own way, numerous times. How you can equate that with not wanting to answer such a thing is beyond me.  I have long since ceased trying to figure out how you can make such gross misunderstandings about people who have always been very clear about where they stand and in what way and why the majority of their commonly held opinions lie.

Cy

"Revelation Matters....Spiritual Crossroads Are Significant....Education Is Essential..."

Well, this is of course, if it be of a non-broadcasted terran signal.

Within the intro of the book I recently started:

From the program notes of a 1958 performance by the Yale School of Drama, in Brussels.

"Man, the scientists say, is the animal that thinks.  They are wrong. Man is the animal that loves. It is in man's love that God exists and triumphs: in man's love that life is beautiful: in man's love that the world's injustice is resolved.  To hold together in one thought those terrible opposites of good and evil which struggle in the world is to be capable of life, and only the love will hold them so.

Our labor always, like Job's father, is to learn suffering to love....to love even that which let us suffer."

She's pissed, Dan?  

It's been a bit strange 'round these parts, hasn't it? Regardless, it's obvious to me that the games being played, were not well recieved.  It would be wise for the Sons of Anarchy to alter their course a bit to find some harmonics.

EXCELLENT!  Very well said, IMO.

"To hold together in one thought those terrible opposites of good and evil which struggle in the world is to be capable of life, and only the love will hold them so."

This is a prerequisite to being a creator of life...to relating to the point of mirror resonance.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:52 pm

MD02 wrote:RE:

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t175p150-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2#4507

"I keep none for myself......."

Still getting some un-editable code revelaed from beyond apparently.
    Do Forgive.

From:  https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t124p60-musings-of-randomness#4575
    Cyrellys wrote:
    Cyrellys wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    BTW, Ron is under the impression that the sword in Cy's avatar pix is no mere stage prop.  It is Samurai.  There is similar such on their dining room table, next to the compound bow.

Well actual hardcore practice is with "sheep stix" which are the same length as the sword (in daily use as a tool for moving a sheep flock without a dog) but made of wood doweling about the same diameter as a broom handle.  A little more forgiving than using a blade to practice...that is if you can call bone bruising or lite fractures preferable to gashes requiring stitches.  Grin.  Exactly what do sheepherders do while guarding a flock?  Oh yeah, polish their skills.

A properly balanced sword is the most versatile weapon for close quarters ever devised. Pistols and guns are all offense, no defense; close on him fast and a man with a gun can't shoot, he has to stop you before you reach him. Close on a man carrying a blade and you'll be spitted like a roast pigeon — unless you have a blade and can use it better than he can.
    A sword never jams, never has to be reloaded, is always ready. Its worst shortcoming is that it takes great skill and patient, loving practice to gain that skill; it can't be taught to raw recruits in weeks, nor even months.

Robert A. Heinlein, in Glory Road (1963), Ch. 15

He had the unique opportunity to watch Conina fight. Not many men ever got to see it twice.
    Her opponents started off grinning at the temerity of a slight young girl attacking them, and then rapidly passed through various stages of puzzlement, doubt, concern, and abject gibbering terror as they apparently became the center of a flashing, tightening circle of steel.

Terry Pratchett, in his Discworld novel Sourcery (1988)

Aragorn: Sauron will not have forgotten the sword of Elendil. The blade that was broken shall return to Minas Tirith.
    Elrond: The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger. Become who you were born to be.

Frances Walsh, Philippa Boyens and Peter Jackson, in the screenplay for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), based upon The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien

Impromptu Triad.

In every triad the first two details support the third which is the point of the matter.  Cy

"I give hope to men."

"I keep none for myself."

"The dead do not suffer the living to pass."

"You will suffer me!"

"I summon you to fulfill your Oath!"

"That blade was broken!"

"It has been remade."

"Fight for us and regain your honor.  What say you!"

I take the Demaught Road.  Cy

and

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t175p150-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2#4519

and

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t175p150-hello-cy-omf-ii-part-2#4520

then

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t124p60-musings-of-randomness#4576

MD02 wrote:

nods.   Working on it.  I should be meeting with Elias again this spring.  Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Cy,

I see two related issues in the previous posts........

1.)  Sources of evil?

2.)  Prepared to transition?

But....... what mainly divides us is your continued and implied insistence upon the quantitative infinitude of Creation.  

Cy, TBMK, this is just a reflex, on your part.  It is not something that I have ever seen you reflect upon.  If we wish to progress in our deliberations, then this will be a matter of utmost priority for us.

Yes?

My point is that there is nothing experimental or random about Creation.  Nothing happens without a reason, that is to say, without the loving endorsement of the Source.  And, yes, this might seem to contradict my other thesis, which is that the Source is dead!  

My position is simply that of idealism/rationalism.  In Islam, this position is more starkly represented as Occasionalism...... nothing happens w/o the Source specifically willing it.  IOW, there is no such thing as cause and effect, in the conventional scientific sense.  

When I first came across this notion, it seemed absurd.  As I continue to return to it, it seems less so, each time.  This seeming absurdity is why there is no competition wrt the BPWH/SWH.  It is nolo-contendere.  Yet, only with Occasionalism, can we make any sense of Xianity.  IMHO, it is, ironically, less essential to Islam.  I don't yet have a decent explanation for this crucial bit of metaphysical irony.  No wonder no one understands the BPWH.  I don't understand it.  

In summary, there are at least three crucial contradictions operating in connection with Occasionalism. My priority will be to get these straightened out.

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Dan wrote:the quantitative infinitude of Creation.

Reflect upon this? I have never made any statement remotely resembling it. Quantitative? How can consciousness be quantitative? Pan-universally speaking, relative to what?

Dan wrote:My point is that there is nothing experimental or random about Creation.
    I agree here.

Dan wrote:that is to say, without the loving endorsement of the Source.
    not quite accurate IMO.

Dan wrote:And, yes, this might seem to contradict my other thesis, which is that the Source is dead!
    NOT TRUE.

Man's current level of knowledge limits its ability to perceive with clarity. This is not a bad thing. It merely illustrates there is an immense amount yet to learn.

Who fears learning? Only those who stand to gain from ignorance maintained.

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Dan, there is a serious problem with Islam. IT is the den of hyenas....rabid ones that eat their own young.

Clarify for me your definition of "occasionalism".

Cy

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:37 am

Cy,

Well, do I have news for you, news from now/here, as we metaphysicians like to say........

Islam have a problem......?  

Yes and no, and not much more than you and I have and don't have a problem.  Our problem is only ever the Source's problem, which is being both alive and dead.  

The Source is reawakening/metamorphizing in us, as we speak.  I can say this because Creation is not infinite.  It is strictly occasioned by the Source.  It has a purpose/meaning, as nothing non-finite can have.  Even the Source is finite, in every quantitative, self-contained sense.  Only love is not self-contained.  It overflows every container, almost by definition.  

Love's only purpose is self-transcendence.  

Back to our occasion..........

We believe that we are not accidental, and so have been occasioned/purposed by some sort of Source, and that, ultimately, there must be an ultimate Source.  

But now we need to get specific.........

You and I also believe that the Sun will rise, yet again, tomorrow.  But why do we believe this?  

This is a question to which Science claims a partial answer, and which every modern-minded person takes to heart........

I may be the only one in the world who has been able to make a federal case for not taking partial/wooden answers.  I'm difficult to satisfy.  Science claims a mechanical answer for Sunrise.  Nay, Science claims that the Sun is the Source of you and me, baby.  I claim that the Son is the Source/logos/love, and they don't call me Sunfish for nothing.  

David Hume learned his skepticism from the heart of Islam...... Occasionalism.  We have forgotten his rediscovery of this, perhaps, penultimate truth.  Skepticism is the necessary shadow of Love.  Science knows of no shadows.  It knows no light.  

With Jesus we, Xians, were overwhelmed by the Light.  Nay, we were blinded, and Science is just our s/now-blindness.  Sunfish now strives to give shape to that blindness, and so will I be percieved by many as the anti-X.  

Islam was just the necessary step-down x-former of that Light.  Their reflection was reflected back into our Renaissance/Enlightenment. We are just about to re-reflect that light into the global enlightenment/MoAPS...... none too soon, none too late.  

And this does have everything to do with the finiteness of Creation, which has everything to do with the UTH vs the ETH, which is why I am here @ OMF, and why there is now the P&D show.  Everything is occasioned.  

Science is merely the routinization of the occasioned Charism, as in Chi/Rho.  As surely as day follows night, there will be occasioned our final Dawn.  This is a hard pill for us moderns to swallow.  Yes?!  

And, yes, Cy, this has everything to do with your very prevalent perception that......
    Man's current level of knowledge limits its ability to perceive with clarity. This is not a bad thing. It merely illustrates there is an immense amount yet to learn.
    ...i.e. that we are a long way from being saved.  I am only here to remind us that we have already been saved.  We have only to re-collect Ourselves, to awaken and pull ourselves together as the prophesied, about to be resurrected, body of Christ.  Ye, pagans, have so little faith.  You are about to be filled with Faith/Spirit.  

Pagan's think of young souls and old souls.  Xians think of individual souls.  Both are both right and wrong, because there has ever only been one Soul and only one Occasion.  We are about to witness/awaken to that Occasion, perhaps, Lord willing, within the lifetime of Chicken Little.  The revolution will be twittered...... and everything elsed.  

See, Cy, you believe in Karma.  Karma is both right and wrong.  There has only ever been one Karma, shared equally by all of us, until Jesus came and stole it back from us, like the thief in the night.  He was so sneaky, we didn't realize it, until X2.  

Yes, Karma is the ultimate Cause, and so it is also love. It is love/time in a bottle. Wilhelm Reich was kinda right about that. He just didn't quite realize how big/small the Bottle was!

The Cosmos/(cosmetic) is both God's machine and God's ornament/plaything. All work and no play makes the Source a dull girl. It has put her to sleep. It is our slumber of materialism/mechanism/karma. Then the Princess came along...... It's just that simple/complicated. MJ12 was the feather on that scale. You, Cy, have forgotten the African Butterfly (effect). I call it the ChiRho, the MoAPS, gestalt-switch, Bait&Switch, John 16:12ff! You/we ain't seen nuttin, honey......

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 am

Dan, if "random" is not a part of creation, then what is it and where did it come from?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:14 am

Skai,

There is only one game that Source cannot play....... dice!  

Well, ok, if truth be known, you and I, Skai, are God's dice/ornaments.  The ChiRho poured herself completely into us, just so she could play with herself, while leaving a wakeup call with the Concierge.  Don't I sound like a concierge?

I'm just the night-watchman, about to turn his last key.

And then there is Steve Quayle......... what was his job?

Hey, I'll be quite content to play tag-team with Steve, if Cy insists! He could be the baptist, if he likes, but he would have to play his cards right, and there is just a bit of competition..... more princes than there are princesses, at this particular time and place.

Cy believes that Steve knows a lot, and well he may. But, it's not only about what you know, now is it, Cy?

Knowledge is a lot like the Cosmos, it is both finite and infinite, depending on your PoV. And, as it turns out..... Knowledge = Cosmos. That is what Gnosis is all about.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 am

Dan wrote:And, yes, Cy, this has everything to do with your very prevalent perception that......
    Cy wrote:Man's current level of knowledge limits its ability to perceive with clarity. This is not a bad thing. It merely illustrates there is an immense amount yet to learn.

Dan wrote:...i.e. that we are a long way from being saved. I am only here to remind us that we have already been saved. We have only to re-collect Ourselves, to awaken and pull ourselves together as the prophesied, about to be resurrected, body of Christ.

Dan what I said in that quote has nothing to do with being "saved". It has to do with understanding "Being" and "living". To be "saved" has to do with being a member of the Source's family. Being a member of the Source's family does not mean 'Being' and 'living' is no longer a learning and soul evolutionary process.

Dan wrote:
    Ye, pagans, have so little faith. You are about to be filled with Faith/Spirit.

Little Faith? About to be "filled with faith?" Dan I think you know very little about "pagans". Perhaps you need to spend some time with a Ceile De or one of the Mac (Mag) Bethad (Bethany) groups. You certainly speak as though you have never been to the Pacific NW. Not everything about the Aes Dana has been kept under lock and key. A great deal has been sitting right out in the open; shared for those who care to notice.

Dan wrote:
    Pagan's think of young souls and old souls. Xians think of individual souls. Both are both right and wrong, because the has ever only been one Soul and only one Occasion. We are about to witness/awaken to that Occasion, perhaps, Lord willing, within the lifetime of Chicken Little.

Yes we do think in terms of young souls and old souls, for very good reason. It also involves very good reason that over half of Synchronicity's Apprentices occur from within the first church, among those who have experienced so many lifetimes; who earned the ability to carry open memory.

Unitive-consciousness is not the same thing as "there has ever only been one Soul and only one Occasion."

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    A dog with no Illusion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:07 am