UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2
Today at 6:20 pm by dan

» Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things - Cyrellys
Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am by Cyrellys

» space travel
Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 am by jizba

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am by X. Troy Dinaire

» Scorpion Scam
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm by X. Troy Dinaire

» The Loch Ness Monster
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 pm by X. Troy Dinaire

» O, Untimely Death: the Paul-is-Dead Controversy
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:57 am by X. Troy Dinaire

» Up The Rabbit Hole: The Alien Signal and The Psycho / Neurotic Ego
Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:18 pm by dan

» Ultra-Orthodoxy: a Case of Abnormal Extraversion
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:52 am by X. Troy Dinaire

April 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

MIND MIX RADIO joins OMF

Fri May 06, 2016 6:27 pm by Admin

Mind Mix Radio hosted by Manticore Group joins the Open Minds Forum May of 2016. Featuring talk on a wide variety of subjects ranging from research to current events, it is expected to add a new dimension to the materials featured at OMF.

Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

isaackoi

Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

Post by isaackoi on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm

I mentioned in passing in my introductory thread that I thought it would be useful to find a "just the facts ma'am" account by Dan Smith of his interactions with the Aviary, avoiding speculation and metaphysical discussion.  

I've now read most of Dan's writing online on his current website and its earlier incarnation, plus run searches of a fairly large collection of scanned material (books, articles, email discussion lists and documents) for other material by, or about Dan.

I still haven't found any "just the facts ma'am" account.  

As I mentioned in my introductory thread, I've uploaded a scanned copy of the Paranoia Magazine interview of Dan (from Issue 25, Winter 2001) to the link below (simply because I like to have a copy of an article as it appeared in print, since the print references tend to have more permanence than website links):
https://app.box.com/s/7dkq4ns923r099c53mhm

In terms of books that contain information about Dan, I've pulled these books off my bookshelf for a start:

(1) Nick Redfern's relatively recent book, "Final Events" (2010)- which has a couple of pages on Dan (at pages 211-212).  Details of that book, by the way, are on Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVENTS-Secret-Government-Demonic-Afterlife/dp/1933665483

(2) Gary Bekkum's book "Spies, Lies and Polygraph Tape", which refers to Dan on a number of pages. Details of this book are at:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1451503024

(3) Ed Komarek's ebook "Exopolitics: A Comprehensive Briefing" which refers to Dan on pages 95-97, 133 and 168.
I think that a document that is about 3-4 pages long could contain the essential facts already online, and another 2 or so pages could add to the available information.

I'd be happy to help Dan produce such an account, in the format of an affidavit (whether to be sworn or not, at Dan's election).  

I've read enough to create an outline and raise some questions, unless someone can point to an existing resource.

It is, of course, up to Dan whether I bother putting in the time and effort to help create such a document.
isaackoi

Re: Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

Post by isaackoi on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 am

isaackoi wrote:
I still haven't found any "just the facts ma'am" account.  
I've read enough to create an outline and raise some questions, unless someone can point to an existing resource.

It is, of course, up to Dan whether I bother putting in the time and effort to help create such a document.

After another 6 months of looking into various issues, I still haven't found a basic "just the facts ma'am" account by Dan.

Has anyone else?

In the meantime, I've uploaded a copy of the FBI file on Bill Moore  (in addition to obtaining/uploading various other relevant resources). I posted a few relevant links in another thread the other day:
http://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t153-best-possible-world-website-searchable-pdf-copy#4771

dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 am

Isaac,

You're right, there is no one place to find a consolidation of the BPWH. There is a topic outline on the BPW site, part way down on the following page...... http://www.bestpossibleworld.com/index06.htm .
Note, however, that it was last updated in '08.

I also note that the searchable pdf file that you posted at https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/zgs5d3v4epr99s6z9x1k is returning the message that the 'user' has exceeded the bandwidth. I have not signed in, so maybe that is why.

A person may also access the (original) OMF archives posted here by Pman.

My first priority is to document my continuing research into the BPWH. Someone else will have to do the summarizing and consolidating.

isaackoi

Post by isaackoi on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:08 am

dan wrote:
My first priority is to document my continuing research into the BPWH.  Someone else will have to do the summarizing and consolidating.  
]

Hi Dan,

I'm still interested in seeing (or producing) a "just the facts ma'am" account of some of the history of the Aviary.

Well, as a first step, I've posted an item that may be of interest to you (particularly Section H of that item).

As you will know, some interesting people in murky parts of the history of ufology are linked together (at least in part) by their participation in official government studies of remote viewing.

I’ve therefore spent a significant amount of time considering remote viewing literature and associated government documents.

To help anyone else going down the remote-viewing rabbit-hole as part of their UFO research (or, for that matter, just interested in remote viewing for its own sake), I thought I'd share a few tools. These tools include a 92,010 page searchable PDF archive of the remote viewing material released by the CIA and (as importantly, at least in my experience…) a hyperlinked version of the CIA's index of that huge archive to help locate material.

In short, you can

(1) Browse the hyperlinked index as a spreadsheet on Google Sheets (which can be used online or downloaded in various formats):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwj5THw6I1dpPvix_NEVy2q2JoL_RzIQRZN5vSZ0G8U/edit?usp=sharing

(2) Download a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet version of the hyperlinked index with links to the online documents which you can download here:
http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20online%20links.xlsm

or (my preferred format, as some of you know…) a searchable PDF version of the same hyperlinked index here:
http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20online%20links.pdf

(3) Download the entire 92,010 page PDF archive as a single 3.2 GB file entitled “STARGATE_FULL.zip” here:
http://www.isaackoi.com/zipped/documents/stargate/STARGATE_FULL.zip

OR you can download individual CDs from the list at the link below if you do not want the full collection:
http://www.isaackoi.com/zipped/documents/stargate/

(4) Download a a hyperlinked Excel spreadsheet which links to copies of the documents after you download them to your hard-drive here:
http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20harddrive%20links.xlsm

which is MUCH faster to use (but of course you have to download the rather large PDF archive in order to get the full benefit of this version of the spreadsheet…).

I've posted details and a related discussion elsewhere. I'm a bit hesitant to post a link to another forum so the Moderators here should feel free to delete the link and outline below. As I've said in the past, I don't want to appear to be posting spam. (The key is really the document collection, with the outline above giving the core information I thought might be of interest to some of you here - so the bit below is not essential. I hope you can understand why I don't want to spend the time reformatting it to post the same material here.).

The more detailed outline I've posted at ATS is at:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg1

That item includes:

Section A : Introduction

Section B : Project Stargate – Background

Section C : Project Stargate – PDF archive and index

Section D : Other free remote viewing PDF resources
Section D1 : British Ministry of Defence study
Section D2 : Paul Smith’s PhD dissertation
Section D3 : Eight Martinis remote viewing magazine

Section E : The UFO Connection - Introduction

Section F : The UFO Connection - UFO material in remote viewing files released by CIA
Section F1 : Rendlesham Forest incident
Section F2 : Cash-Landrum sighting
Section F3 : Carl Higdon’s sighting
Section F4 : Cattle mutilation
Section F5 : "MARS, 1 MILLION BC"
Section F6 : "Galactic Federation Headquarters"
Section F7 : "ET ACTIVITY AGAINST US PROGRAMS (TRAINING)"
Section F8 : Fleeting impression of a UFO
Section F9 : Underwater "flying saucer"[/headline]
Section F10 : "ET Bases" on Earth

Section G : The UFO Connection - Remote Viewers within ufology
Section G1 : Pat Price - Alien bases on Earth
Section G2 : Skip Atwater - Project 8200
Section G3 : Ed Dames - Early public link between UFOs and remote viewing
Section G4 : Uri Geller - Powers from "Spectra"
Section G5 : Ingo Swann - Penetration and barely covered alien bosoms
Section G6 : Joe McMoneagle - UFO sighting in 1965
Section G7 : Lyn Buchanan – Alien abduction (1960s)
Section G8 : Courtney Brown - Hale-Bopp and Heaven’s Gate
Section G9 : Livermore group – Tiny UFO
Section G10 : Mel Riley - Mars
Section G11 : Paul Smith – Mars

Section H : The UFO Connection - Other individuals involved in both ufology and remote viewing
Section H1 : Jacques Vallee (SRI, "Aviary", NIDS)
Section H2 : Hal Puthoff (NSA, SRI, "Aviary", NIDS, UFO Working Group)
Section H3 : Kit Green (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group)
Section H4 : Ron Pandolfi (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group)
Section H5 : John Alexander (US Army, "Aviary", PSI-TECH, NIDS, UFO Working Group)
Section H6 : Dale Graff (DIA, "Aviary")
Section H7 : C B Scott Jones (US Navy, "Aviary")
Section H8 : Major General Albert N. Stubblebine III (US Army, PSI-TECH)
Section H9 : Robert Wood (McDonnell Douglas, UFO Working Group)
Section H10 : Edgar Mitchell (Astronaut, NIDS)
Section H11 : Robert Bigelow (NIDS)
Section H12 : Jim Marrs (Researcher/author)
Section H13 : Jim Schnabel (Researcher/author)
Section H14 : Russell Targ (SRI)

Section I : Conclusion
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 am

Thank you for all your work, Isaack.  

ATS by Collins was quite incoplete wrt the Aviary, and so are the few other books that have focused on other topics.  

Ron was significant in the shutting down of Stargate, early on, and I don't think the aviary fully recovered after that.  I've been rather isolated, being associated with Ron.  

However, I do have some of the details, albeit from a biased perspective.  Don't hesitate to call me.  I believe you still have my phone number.  Let me know, if you don't.
isaackoi

Post by isaackoi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am

dan wrote:Thank you for all your work, Isaack.  

Thanks. It's an interesting set of topics to explore.

I do have some of the details, albeit from a biased perspective.  Don't hesitate to call me.  I believe you still have my phone number.

I still have your number Dan and I'm happy to give you a call sometime but, as I said back in 2013, in my experiences it's usually more efficient and effective to get the basic factual story in writing first and then follow up with some questions (whether in writing or on the telephone).

Also, getting the basic factual story in writing first would have the advantage of avoiding the misunderstanding and misreporting that can happen when dealing with things by telephone. A conversation introduces more scope for error. (I want to avoid a situation where someone has to say "Isaac Koi says he was told on the telephone by Dan Smith that Dan Smith was told on the telephone by Ron that...").

So, I remain very keen (at least initially) to get a basic story in writing from you. I'm more than happy to help by asking specific questions and/or drawing together some of the basic factual material I've extracted from your existing writing. (Taking just the basic facts makes everything much more concise!!). As I think I've mentioned before, I think a concise factual account lasting - say - 4 pages would probably suffice to convey the basic facts. I'm happy to explore this here or by email. (My email address is isaackoi@gmail.com).

Foot Mann

Post by Foot Mann on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Isaack,

Compiling the "facts" is complicated by the participation of so many criminally minded individuals and the inability of honest people to sort between fact, fantasy, and criminality as well as the tendency of the mentally ill to distort or invent to fill in detail or bend to their delusions. False information was injected into just about every source of information. You can collect a large assortment of documents, but compiling the "facts" is another matter.

Footman
isaackoi

Post by isaackoi on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am

Foot Mann wrote:
Compiling the "facts" is complicated by the participation of so many criminally minded individuals and the inability of honest people to sort between fact, fantasy, and criminality as well as the tendency of the mentally ill to distort or invent to fill in detail or bend to their delusions.

Well, I've found that getting at the truth within ufology is not as hard as some people think (even if it has been encased in lies and distortions).

For example, I've recently posted the actual background to about 50 of the most viewed "UFO" videos on Youtube. In most cases I was able to give the name of the hoaxer and details of the hoax (e.g. the software used to create the video and other information). See:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1075375/pg1

You can collect a large assortment of documents, but compiling the "facts" is another matter.

I am involved in ascertaining facts in complex Court cases almost every day. Collecting a large assortment of documents is usually an important first step.

In any event, I am now directly and indirectly in touch with enough of the players in the Aviary drama that I am not entirely reliant merely upon contemporaneous documents. I should now have access to enough material to tell more of the story behind some of the players - and the games they have been playing - than most researchers have obtained.

The real issue now whether I can be bothered with this stuff any more.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Isaac,

If I can be of any help, my offer stands.

I remain focused, as you can see from the blog. I am not keeping current on the ufo lore. My main source is biased. I'll be glad to fill you in, nonetheless.
Foot Mann

Motivations

Post by Foot Mann on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Indeed the real issue is motivation. The insane are motivated to prove the reality of their delusions. Criminals are motivated to extract funds from the insane. The sane mostly go along for entertainment. Of course there are many degrees of sane to insane, with most people falling somewhere in the middle. They enjoy the stories because they prove the reality of their delusions, but afterwards they put their delusions aside and go back to everyday life. You need to examine your motivations, keeping in mind that very few will enjoy reading your expose of the non reality of the stories.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 am

This stated by someone who has admitted to me privately......   'Yes, Dan, we have a phenomenological problem.'

Many times he has called me 'insane', especially to others. The implication is that the DSM should be updated to reflect that immaterialism is a form of insanity. This would more closely reflect the popular, Sam Johnson, view of the matter.

Foot Mann

Post by Foot Mann on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Just because the barn is filled with hay does not mean there is no needle. But you cannot find the needed by sifting through the hay.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 pm

True enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 pm