Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeToday at 8:28 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:01 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:45 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+24
Eben Yblod
Samuel
Big Bunny Love
Cheguevoblin
Foresaperire
U
Cuan Scott
Just wandering
GrandCru
Jason Llamas
Sign
RandomSample
drwu23
Cliff-67
HarvardLawSecretSociety
dragonfly5455
Cyrellys
Admin
pman35
Jake Reason
spacemaverick
Bard
Cliff
28 posters

What Music Are You Listening To ?

Cliff
    Cliff

What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Empty What Music Are You Listening To ?

Post by Cliff Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

What better way to breathe life back into OMF ?

GOOD MUSIC ! Very Happy Cool cheers What a Face lol!

Deep Purple - Space Truckin

99 and U like this post

What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What Music Are You Listening To ?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:44 am

Just started listening to the band "elder". They've got some epic stuff. Gives me feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3J6EZzk38

What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What Music Are You Listening To ?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Keeping it Latin, one of the lesser-known yé-yé girls of the '60s (although she is listed as the 4th best-selling, with about 10 million records at infodisc.fr), whose real name is Chantal de Guerre, with a later hit.

Last edited by X. Troy Dinaire on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 am

This is the French version of Theme for a Dream (written by American Earl Shuman and Canadian Morton Garson) by Cliff Richard (Harry Webb) from the same year. Rivers' real name was Hervé Forneri. He was a big fan of Elvis and adapted the name from the character Elvis played in Loving You, Deke Rivers. He was one of several in the great yé-yé period who took English names, the 2 other famous 'Elviciens' being Belgian-born Johnny Hallyday (Jean-Philippe Smet, whose wife, Bulgarian-born yé-yé singer Sylvie Vartan, is the aunt of American actor Michael Vartan) and Eddy Mitchell (Claude Moine).

Post by Guest Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:28 pm

A Super '60s icon and one of the best known yé-yé girls. She was born Sylvie Vartan in Bulgaria, Aug. 15, 1944 to a French-born father of Armenian descent, Georges, and a Judeo-Hungarian mother, Ilona. She was nicknamed 'la collégienne du twist' by journalists  and 'la Blonde' by her fans.

Just as lovely as France Gall (short a as in the English 'gal'), but unlike Gall, she liked show biz and appreciated her yé-yé period, spoke 6 languages instead of 2, sang in 10 languages instead of 6, did rock n roll, did many English songs (as opposed to none), appeared on American TV (The Tonight Show, Shindig, and Hullabaloo), recorded an album in the States, sold more records (30 or 40 mln. as opposed to 20 mln.), had many books about her (20 instead of 3), wrote an autobio, signed autographs, did cinema, and was sexier, and she may have recorded and sold more records.

She did 1200 songs, 63 albums, had 5 double gold singles and 10 gold albums, was on the cover of 1500 magazines,  was the subject of 16,000 magazine articles, and did 2500 concerts.  She played the renowned Olympia in Paris for 3 weeks in Jan.-Feb., '64 with the Beatles and Trini Lopez, just before the Beatles went on to NY for their landmark Ed Sullivan appearance.

Last edited by X. Troy Dinaire on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Guest Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am

Shiela (Annie Chancel), born August 16, '45, in Val-de-Marne, her stage name chosen by her producer from Tommy Rowe's song, which she did a version of, was the most popular French female singe, selling 10 or 85 mln. records world wide, depending on the source. Although this figure may be exaggerated, it doesn't change her ranking--she sold 30 mln. records in France, also the most for French female singers. Vartan is no. 2, Gall 3rd, Michelle Torr 4th, and Françoise Hardy 5th, although Chantal Goya may be 4th in terms of sales in France. Figures for Piaf, Bardot, and Greco are apparently unknown, but presumably Piaf would be no. 2, and BB and Greco would be somewhere in the Top 10.

Many non-Anglophone singers get into the highly lucrative, Anglophone, especially American, market. Shiela's disco version of Singing in the Rain sold 5 mln. copies in the US alone. She was the 1st French female singer to do disco. Promotion is a big factor, but sometimes a hidden factor behind that promotion is organized crime, but not necessarily the Mafia. Sheila married '70s French singer Ringo Wily Cat (Guy Bayle) on Feb. 13, 1973 (sixty thirteen in French), in the 13th arrondissement, at 13:13 hours. France Gall is seen doing the Masonic OK hand sign in one video, and there are pictures of Celine Dion, the all-time, best-selling female Francophone singer world-wide, doing the cornuta.
    RandomSample
    RandomSample

Post by RandomSample Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:52 pm

for hobbit, blast from the past!for hobbit

edit to add link...

I first came across this album in 1972, lost the album, but thanks to the internet have it back again.

Last edited by RandomSample on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by 99 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:31 am

X. Troy Dinaire wrote:

I love the beat on this one. There's a lot you can do with it and everytime I listen to it, I'm coming up with new melodies for it. I've already simulated a similar beat in a DAW that I work in where I'm trying out those melodies to see which one works best with it.

Thanks for posting!
    RandomSample
    RandomSample

Post by RandomSample Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm

For all the Truth Sayers: Bang On!!!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm

I was listening to this video before I saw the previous entry,
    so it's coincidence.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 pm

99 wrote:
    X. Troy Dinaire wrote:

I love the beat on this one. There's a lot you can do with it and everytime I listen to it, I'm coming up with new melodies for it. I've already simulated a similar beat in a DAW that I work in where I'm trying out those melodies to see which one works best with it.

Thanks for posting!

Glad you like it.
    RandomSample
    RandomSample

Post by RandomSample Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

X. Troy Dinaire wrote:

Shiela (Annie Chancel), born August 16, '45, in Val-de-Marne, her stage name chosen by her producer from Tommy Rowe's song...

I love your taste in music. I learn so much from the history info you add. Living here in the states I was never got to hear this music.
    Maybe one day you might share just how in the world someone of your age got into this style of music.
      Please keep posting...

What Music Are You Listening To ?  - Page 3 Empty Deleted Vids

Post by RandomSample Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Admin wrote:

Dear Cyrellys, I have noticed that some of the videos posted here are getting deleted on youtube. I am making an effort to download and save them in order to keep a record.

Post by RandomSample Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm

17 year old Elise Trouw.

Post by RandomSample Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Cover of a classic by Elise Trouw

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:39 pm

I love your taste in music. I learn so much from the history info you add. Living here in the states I was never got to hear this music.
      Maybe one day you might share just how in the world someone of your age got into this style of music.
      Please keep posting...[/quote]

You might be assuming that I'm young. Actually, I'm a baby boomer. I should have included my year of birth in my profile. I corrected that.

Really great stuff by Elise Trouw. She's beautiful and a real revelation.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Sad lyric but great melody and arrangement, with special effects predating Vinny Bell's fabulous splash guitar. It was written by Robert Sears and produced by Bob Crewe, who co-wrote a whole slew of great songs, mostly  for the fabulous 4 Seasons, who he produced for also, and had a disco group in the '70s called the Bob Crewe Generation. Ginny Arnell (Virginia Mazzaro) hails from New Haven. She had teamed up with Gene Pitney in '59 as Jamie and Jane. This was her 1st single for MGM.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 pm

Superb version of Stormy Weather in French and English from '85 by Marie Myriam (Myriam Lopes), who was born in the then-Belgian Congo in '57 of Portuguese parents, and won the '77 Eurovision.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:36 am