Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:21 pm by Big Bunny Love

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:00 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:03 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+10
Cuan Scott
Big Bunny Love
whoknows
Cheguevoblin
U
Foot Mann
GSB/SSR
AtomicBrando
dan
14 posters

Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Empty Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock

Post by dan Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 am

First topic message reminder :

To get to Notes from the Underground you have to go by way of Fathers and Sons and What to Do.  That will take you back to the mid eighteen hundreds....... it’s been a trip, and we’re almost done.

We’re still left with the question of what to do....... modulo communism and existentialism.  

In a pre Millennial frame, I’d been advocating (a portal-centric) communalism for the duration of the Millennium.  

In post Millennialism, ie. modulo the Millennium, we have to readdress the question of what to do, ie. come up with an action item for the Princess.  

(continues in post #2......)

Last edited by dan on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Empty Re: Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock

Post by Cheguevoblin Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Dan is always so subtle.

Sometimes you just gotta do it.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Empty Re: Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock

Post by dan Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:55 am

Do it........ together......

The movie speaks to our global entanglement/predicament...... maybe deliberately...... and points to the only way out....... into the unknown......

Someone asks if I am ready.  I ask if she is ready.  

Someone for whom the unknown is a bit less unknown.  

Most would just tell us to fix our own problems..... to look to nature.  I look to nature, and I see metamorphosis.  

It’s the magnitude of the problem and the metamorphic solution that is the real unknown.  

Of course, though, this is not a problem for our world...... it is the main feature of our small world.  This is how the smallness is built in to our personal world.  

11:30/ft...........

donny has got himself mobbed up.  The only question is whether the GOP wants to get itself mobbed up.  

Yes, the mobsters have an inside track on the portals.  The question is whether they are also sucker holes.  Be cautious when you put your hand in the cookie jar.  

12:40.........

One of these days, somebody’s liable to turn the rock over...... scurry, scurry.  

Of course, the republicans may just be late to the party.  

Latecomers can provide a foot in the door for a little fowl..... a sneak thief..... a visitor, even....... whatever a cat might drag in.  

And, speaking of entanglement, we may have found the missing link..... prometheoarchaeum.  

Such a fragile link did not actually survive........ it’s more like a phenomenological spinoff...... from the cosmopsyche, if you catch the drift. After all, Prometheus was a real sneak thief...... the Ouroboros biting itself in the arse.

(cont.......)

Last edited by dan on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:06 am

Yes, we have to work through our shi* together here.

OMF is a good place to work it out, but you have to be vocal and let yourself be vulnerable.

Take a risk.

Let love have its way.

Cultivate balance and walk don’t wobble.

No need to run ahead too quickly.

Those who rush ahead too fast will fall.

Patience comes with finding your balance and rhythm.

If there’s one thing about Dan it’s that he’s consistent with his own balance and rhythm.

He may still be living in the dream world, but that’s by his own choice.

We really have no choice but to be who and what we are.

Who we are is mostly a matter of what we do.

Been talking about quality with smelly in our other chat.

We have a few people in our other chat room we are working things out with.

In the book, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, the main character describes how his past self chased the understanding of quality. The problem started with the most basic question: what is quality really? Can you define quality without resorting to synonyms like perfection or virtue? Is quality objective or subjective? If it’s objective, then how come there’s no instrument to measure it yet? If, on the contrary, quality is subjective, then why does it matter so much and how come most people can agree about the quality of certain things?

smelly wrote: I dont care what anyone says or writes or thinks, but what they do, I suppose public writing is an act. I dont think about virtue anymore, I think about quality.

"Quality is the result of a million selfless acts of care—not just of any great method that descends from the heavens." -- James Coplien

Quality is subjective, based on our own self interest

Smelly and I both agree that Dan has a fine quality.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

And does quality come from quantity....... according to Marx....

Or does quantity come from quality.......... according to........ the old philosopher?

Just look at ‘philogeny’........ numbers arose late in our linguistic development.  We had ‘a’ and ‘the’ a long time before ‘one’.  Then there is the quantification of nothingness....... zero..... that came late in recorded history.

The concept of quantity is buried in the concept of identity, whereas quality is free floating.

Perhaps quantity began with music/percussion.

But then you say that God is a mathematician. I say you’re wrong.... we’re the mathematicians.

(cont......)

Last edited by dan on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    GrandCru
    GrandCru

Post by GrandCru Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:49 am

Foot has been up to no good recently.

A naughty Pelican with Italian hacking friends.

Such a strange bird.
    Foot Mann
    Foot Mann
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by Foot Mann Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:51 pm

The Vest is alive, having been through the Hive. The Source of all life, can End all the Strife. When he puts on the Vest, he will face the Test. From the Well, the Chicken must hear the Bell.
    Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Another riddle for the chicken.

Ha!

Good luck!

Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Bzzt...

An adjustment Dan:

Dan Smith said wrote:

The concept of quantity is buried in the concept of identity, whereas quality is free floating.

The concept of quality is buried in the concept of identity, whereas quantity is either moot or impetus.

Identity is music to the fili.

Three things which strengthen a person to stand against the whole world: Seeing the
    quality and beauty of truth; seeing beneath the cloak of falsehood; and seeing to what ends
    truth and falsehood come.

There are three duties of one who is Fili': to teach their people to live fearless in strength, to
    teach their people how to avoid the attention of the Mighty Ones, and to teach their people
    the Laws of Nature.

https://twitter.com/mindmixradio/status/1217528031046033408

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
    GSB
    GSB
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:51 am

I dreamed about seeing an object in the sky that looked like a Pokemon ball [A Poké Ball is a round device used in the Pokémon series to catch and contain Pokémon]. I focused my attention on the object as it passed and it returned towards me. In the dream I was at a party and discussed this sighting with (I think) Jacques Vallée and we discussed the field surrounding these objects and that it was this field, which rendered humans functionally inert, that allowed for distinguishing between the real phenomena and everything else.

According to the all knowing Wikipedia, "Pokémon executive director Satoshi Tajiri first thought of Pokémon, albeit with a different concept and name, around 1989, when the Game Boy was released. The concept of the Pokémon universe, in both the video games and the general fictional world of Pokémon, stems from the hobby of insect collecting, a popular pastime which Tajiri enjoyed as a child."

Moral of the story: think twice before making contact?

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:15 am

And on that topic it is worth noting that in the BPW Dan has a family connection (of sorts) to the 1953 "saucer era" telling of the classic "War of the Worlds" ...

George Pal’s production of “The War of the Worlds,” starring Gene Barry as a Cal Tech (here called Pacific Tech) scientist who meets Ann Robinson, playing a preacher’s niece, at the landing/crash site of the first invading ship from Mars, somewhere in the hills outside Pamona, California.

A fervent adherent to a liberal religion, Throop established a Universalist group in Pasadena in 1886: the church still survives as Throop Memorial Church. He is now best known for founding in 1891 (with a gift of over $100,000) the California Institute of Technology, which is today one of the world's most selective universities.[2] In fact, it was known through its first thirty years as Throop University, Throop Polytechnic Institute, and Throop College of Technology, before its administrators decided on its current name which took effect in 1920.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos_G._Throop
    Notes from under the bus...... to Monadnock  - Page 40 Amos_G._Throop_1840_%28a%29

Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by GSB Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:22 am

All of this inspires a new sci-fi concept (has it already been done?) I call ERASURE in which humans are being collected and vanishing all of the time (falling through the portals) but no one can remember they existed beyond an odd feeling something isn't quite right ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm