Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 am by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:53 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Musings of Randomness

Bard
    Bard

Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Empty Musings of Randomness

Post by Bard

It was in Attica where two crows sprang
    Raised with copper wire.....

Per link:http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/crow.htm

Keeper of the Sacred Law

Crows are the keepers of the Sacred Law
    and to have a Crow totem is very powerful.

Personal Integrity are your watchwords and your guide in Life.
    If you have a Crow totem, your prime path
    is to be mindful of your opinions and actions.
    You must be willing to walk your talk,
    to speak your truth and to know your life's mission.

Crow is a omen of Change.
    Crow lives in the void and has no sense of time,
    therefore, it sees past, present and future simultaneously.
    Crow merges both light and dark, both inner and outer.
    It is the totem of the Great Spirit and must be respected as such.

They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength.
    Look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life.
    Crows are messengers calling to us
    about the creation and magic that is alive in the world today
    and available to us.

Bard

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 am by Bard

"Art is the conscious making of numinous phenomena. Many objects are just objects - inert, merely utilitarian. Many events are inconsequential, too banal to add anything to our experience of life. This is unfortunate, as one cannot grow except by having one’s spirit greatly stirred; and the spirit cannot be greatly stirred by spiritless things. Much of our very life is dead. For primitive man, this was not so. He made his own possessions, and shaped and decorated them with the aim of making them not merely useful, but powerful. He tried to infuse his weapons with the nature of the tiger, his cooking pots with the life of growing things; and he succeeded.

Appearance, material, history, context, rarity - perhaps rarity most of all - combine to create, magically, the quality of soul. But we modern demiurges are prolific copyists; we give few things souls of their own. Locomotives, with their close resemblance to beasts, may be the great exception; but in nearly all else with which today’s poor humans are filling the world, I see a quelling of the numinous, an ashening of the fire of life. We are making an inert world; we are building a cemetery. And on the tombs, to remind us of life, we lay wreaths of poetry and bouquets of painting. You expressed this very condition, when you said that art beautifies life. No longer integral, the numinous has become optional, a luxury - one of which you, my dear friend, are fond, however unconsciously. You adorn yourself with the same instincts as the primitive who puts a frightening mask of clay and feathers on his head, and you comport yourself in an uncommonly calculated way - as do I. We thus make numinous phenomena of ourselves. No mean trick - to make oneself a rarity, in this overpopulated age.

K.J. Bishop, The Etched City

Reflections on Seriousness
    Bard

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm by Bard

If anyone has any suggestions on a good firewall for my computer, don't be shy. Most techie things remain beyond my keen. The Outpost firewall has been conflicting with either software or hardware currently installed causing connection errors. Even SkyDrive is buggy.

I would just log off permanently, but that does not seem prudent at this juncture especially with all the mixed signals I've been getting from friends, family, and dare I say, colleagues?

The only thing I really grasp of the CTMU put forth by CL, is CT.  No pun intended! Unfortunately, I have become a prisoner in my own little blog.  Emotion trumping logic - was a theme he touched upon that resonated with me in regards to the mind and or some aspect of the CTMU.  I was a bit shocked that he only spends a two to three hours a day working on his theories.  

I'm not sure if the 'No Child Left Behind' policy enacted years back has really helped us solve greater calamities on Earths future horizons.........

Keep Well everyone
    Bard

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 am by Bard

2:22

I'm sure many could relate, David.

Anyhow, back to science!
    Bard

Post Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:28 am by Bard

“SOLITUDE and SECLUSION"

Life is an island in an ocean of solitude and seclusion. Life is an island, rocks are its desires, trees its dreams, and flowers its loneliness, and it is in the middle of an ocean of -- solitude and seclusion.

Your life, my friend, is an island separated from all other islands and continents. Regardless of how many boats you send to other shores, you yourself are an island separated by its own pains,secluded its happiness and far away in its compassion and hidden in its secrets and mysteries.

~ I saw you, my friend, sitting upon a mound of gold, happy in your wealth and great in your riches and believing that a handful of gold is the secret chain that links the thoughts of the people with your own thoughts and links their feeling with your own. I saw you as a great conqueror leading a conquering army toward the fortress, then destroying and capturing it.

On second glance I found beyond the wall of your treasures a heart trembling in its solitude and seclusion like the trembling of a thirsty man within a cage of gold and jewels, but without water.

I saw you, my friend, sitting on a throne of glory surrounded by people extolling your charity, enumerating your gifts, gazing upon you as if they were in the presence of a prophet lifting their souls up into the planets and stars. I saw you looking at them, contentment and strength upon your face, as if you were to them as the soul is to the body.

On the second look I saw your secluded self standing beside your throne, suffering in its seclusion and quaking in its loneliness. I saw that self stretching its hands as if begging from unseen ghosts. I saw it looking above the shoulders of the people to a far horizon, empty of everything except its solitude and seclusion.

I saw you, my friend, passionately in love with a beautiful woman, filling her palms with your kisses as she looked at you with sympathy and affection in her eyes and sweetness of motherhood on her lips; I said, secretly, that love has erased his solitude and removed his seclusion and he is now within the eternal soul which draws toward itself, with love, those who were separated by solitude and seclusion.

On the second look I saw behind your soul another lonely soul, like a fog, trying in vain to become a drop of tears in the palm of that woman.

Your life, my friend, is a residence far away from any other residence and neighbors.
    Your inner soul is a home far away from other homes named after you. If this residence is dark, you cannot light it with your neighbor's lamp; if it is empty you cannot fill it with the riches of your neighbor; were it in the middle of a desert, you could not move it to a garden planted by someone else.

Your inner soul, my friend, is surrounded with solitude and seclusion. Were it not for this solitude and this seclusion you would not be you and I would not be I. If it were not for that solitude and seclusion, I would, if I heard your voice, think myself to be speaking; yet, if I saw your face, i would imagine that I were looking into a mirror.”

― Khalil Gibran, Mirrors of the Soul
    Bard

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:25 pm by Bard

http://joyfulexiles.com

"A judge rules the soul with the soul...."
    Plato, The Republic
    Bard

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:45 pm by Bard

“Whispers”

Whispers heard along the walls
    While walking softly, an echo calls:

Did you hear the voice I hide
    So often kept with silent pride
    When secrets haunt all souls the same
    Face, the shield from our own shame.

Perfect – imperfections, so high on life
    ….And yet so blind to others tides
    Resting beneath their own skin
    Your thoughts are known to silent twin
    Its' name is self and hides away
    Tomorrows dance or price we pay.

There are those, who see – or see too much
    And rarer few who see it such
    Voices drowned in seas of doubt
    Until their insides usher out
    Just as whispers wrapping 'round
    Smirks are silent yet speak so loud.

Then the voice once filled with sound
    Binds the minds entrenched with doubt
    And sits in silence as others speak
    To mimic the years it took to see
    No voice or lip but between glean.

Some with hope and some with fear
    Adhere their flesh to different years
    Plucked and moved, begin anew
    Destiny's course your charted view.

Mock and ridicule, speaks the truth
    While others sit aside and watch
    A coin from purse or irons too hot
    We cannot sing for its of naught
    Mothers might has kept it so
    From grieving homes - when finding stairs
    Another week into their years
    Debts incurred but remedies bare.
    Bard

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:23 pm by Bard

Back from the dead.

One Image from the aftermath of a Cosmic Wrestling Match.
    The Multiverse and many worlds will have Dan and Gary in bated breath.
    Maybe "The Voice" will become "The Touch" and visit.

Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Img_2011
    Bard

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:25 am by Bard

Lonely feet, it seems.
    Cyrellys

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:31 am by Cyrellys

Bard wrote:Lonely feet, it seems.

I'm always traipsing around somewhere. Just kidding. So really what's the tale behind the latest?
    Bard

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:21 pm by Bard

I thought a thousand words would be plenty?

I have a thesis stitched to my crow wing - just in case.

Color Shift:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/18/19/65/97/psx_2010.jpg
    Cyrellys

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:08 am by Cyrellys

Bard wrote:I thought a thousand words would be plenty?

I have a thesis stitched to my crow wing - just in case.

Color Shift:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/18/19/65/97/psx_2010.jpg

fascinating photo. Not altogether different from the concept of a crop circle in that you see a bi-pedal figure created by the many foot prints with its right leg raised at the knee and left shoulder dropped lower than right...

Cy
    Bard

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:26 am by Bard

I run the vacuum before I go to bed and go to work.  I wake and arrive to find this on my carpet. Someone has either bootlegged my key and is playing games or I have a Skinwalker a-foot.  I figured I would leave it to the experts to figure out. Apparently, we arrr lacking experts? It's a fairly consistent occurrence.

I don't think anyone want to know how consistent. I may need to drop over to see the TOP.

Video is Significant

Best viewed by patient zooming and looking for minute details and rotated vertically.

Footprints:

Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Img_2012

Word Count: 2000
    Cyrellys

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 pm by Cyrellys

Bard wrote:I run the vacuum before I go to bed and go to work.  I wake and arrive to find this on my carpet. Someone has either bootlegged my key and is playing games or I have a Skinwalker a-foot.  I figured I would leave it to the experts to figure out. Apparently, we arrr lacking experts? It's a fairly consistent occurrence.

I don't think anyone want to know how consistent. I may need to drop over to see the TOP.

Video is Significant

Best viewed by patient zooming and looking for minute details and rotated vertically.

Footprints:

Musings of Randomness - Page 8 Img_2012

Word Count: 2000

My family members would scrawl beside the foot prints before leaving, an arrow pointing the foot prints and the words "WE SEE YOU."

And then wait to see if it happens again. Would whoever they are, come back when told their presence is known?
    Bard

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:38 am by Bard

They never leave.
    Bard

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:40 am by Bard

Bard wrote:Lonely feet, it seems.

Wink.

Wink.

Wink.

Cyrellys

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:35 am by Cyrellys

Snare and deadfall, pit and noose. So you have them on record. Now what? Set a notepad and pencil next to a pair of prints with HELLO scrawled on the paper?
    Bard

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:21 pm by Bard

Sorry, I've been 'occupied' as of late.

Life's complexities and such.

I've been working together with Heaven and Earth.

We think there might be some small revelations on the horizon.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am