Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeToday at 11:51 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 2:20 pm by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 2:41 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 2:26 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+18
CokenRum44
Ecu_365
Gut
lynx
Mur
pman35
vectorian
Qrios
Cyrellys
dan
norenrad
Nib
HouTexan
Bard
IPFreely
Jake Reason
Admin
22 posters

The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Post by Admin Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi ScarZ,

Thank you for posting this information. Does any of David Flynn's material give any idea to the time-frames for the early events or historical figures that his research indicated?

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Nib
    Nib

bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Post by Nib Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Jake, listening to the state of the union address. Obama just put out the support for gays and lesbians again, guess he doesn't read this board....

Looking at Joe Biden and I have not seen any white in his eyes. He looks like one of those black eyed kids.. ehwww...very creepy...
    Qrios
    Qrios

Post by Qrios Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 am

Hi all

Michael Heiser has some Scholarly papers on 1 Enoch Available for free for those interested. bounce

Link

"Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized, in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is violently opposed in the third it is regarded as self evident". - Arthur Shopenhauer
    Qrios
    Qrios

Post by Qrios Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 am

I found this a good read from Michael Heiser as well.

How Would a Biblical Writer Describe a UFO if He Saw One?

One of my most frequent points of irritation in the whole UFOs and religion arena is the idea that there are UFOs (as in flying spaceships) in the Bible (this is basically an Old Testament / Hebrew Bible issue, so that’s my focus here). I want people to trust me when I say, “there aren’t any . . . as in zero.” I think I deserve the trust. Hey, I’m a biblical scholar with a PhD in Hebrew Bible (where all the so-called UFOs are flying around). I have two masters degrees (one in Hebrew Bible, another in the ancient history of Egypt and Canaan). I have taught biblical studies for fifteen years. Really . . . I know there are no space ships in the Bible. I’ve seen all your “examples” and know you’re wrong. But alas, people persist.

Review of Old Turf

Now, I’m not going to spend all the space on this post to cover ground over which I’ve already labored. Elijah’s chariot of fire is not a spaceship. There are no spaceships that use horses (2 Kings 2:11). Biblical writers knew what horses were and what they looked like (really). And the chariot had fire, something else biblical writers knew of quite well. (And the last time I checked, the internal combustion engine neither existed in biblical times, nor would it be sufficient for interstellar travel. If there are aliens, they know that just like we know it). Elijah also wasn’t describing a flying disk. This is where (pardon the pun) I’m going to land in this post … in a moment.

Moving to Ezekiel’s vision . . . that wasn’t a flying saucer either. Ancient Hebrew vocabulary has all the following words in it: “round”; “disk”; “circular”; “flat”; “metal(lic)”; “silver”; etc., and yet none of them are used in the description. If you can’t read Hebrew, use a Strong’s Concordance and its dictionary and check out that claim. The Hebrew words for the above English words aren’t used in Ezekiel. The only thing close is “wheels” but that word is plural and the wheels are on the ground (Ezek 1:15), just where the pictures of Ezekiel’s vision that we have would lead you to expect.

Yes, I said we had pictures, since we do. We have ancient iconography that corresponds with great precision to what Ezekiel described. And for that reason we know he didn’t see a space craft. Ezekiel is describing a throne (Ezek 1:26; see also Daniel 7:9-10 where the same fiery throne with wheels is described). Ezekiel’s cherubim throne uses stock iconography for royal thrones in Babylon (he was at the Chebar canal, which is in Babylon, when he had the vision; Ezek 1:1-3). Since the four faces of the cherubim correspond to the cardinal points of the Babylonian zodiac the vision is describing Yahweh enthroned above the earth – the symbolism being that he controls the destinies of all nations on earth. It makes sense to use Babylonian imagery to communicate this on two levels. First, it has the effect of “dissing” Marduk, the Babylonian god (he isn’t on the throne that is Babylonian in style . . . Yahweh is; he’s real divine king). Second, it serves to communicate the message that Yahweh is in control of the cosmos, not Marduk, despite the fact that Jerusalem was destroyed. That’s a message the captives needed. Lastly, the throne vision in Ezekiel is said to be bright or shiny, but you’d expect that with burning coals of fire (Ezek 1:4, 13) since fire illuminates.

Likewise, the basket with the metal lid in Zechariah 5:6-10 isn’t a UFO, either. It’s a basket (how’s that for profound). The Hebrew word is ephah, one of the most common, well-known words in the Hebrew vocabulary for . . . you guessed it . . . a basket. The writer knows what a basket looks like. He’s part of an agrarian society. It would be difficult to go through a day and NOT see a basket in that culture. And the basket isn’t in the air until two women with wings (note that they are not called angels and they are the ones flying – not the basket “UFO”) come along and lift it into the sky. Zechariah tells us that the vision represents the removal of wickedness (which is the “name” of the woman in the basket) from the holy land and the returned exiles. It has nothing to do with spaceships.

A New Exercise

In what remains of this post (and this is its point), I’m going to illustrate how a biblical writer could have described a flying saucer (and other types of UFOs we’re familiar with) had he ever seen one. It is a myth that the biblical writer would have been rendered incapable of words had he seen a flying craft. I’m going to show you that using words found in the vocabulary of the Hebrew Bible.

Let’s first make a list of words found in the Hebrew Bible that would have been readily available for the biblical writer to use had he seen a flying saucer, or a black triangle, a “rod” UFO, or one of those gumdrop UFOs for good measure. Here’s the list, in basic transliteration used by resources like Strong’s – and I’ll include Strong’s numbers (= Str) for people who don’t know Hebrew just so they can look the words up and verify that they’re used in the Hebrew Bible. While I’d like you to trust me, I don’t want to force that on you (unlike ancient astronaut pseudo-researchers, who habitually don’t cite sources or give you “chapter and verse” of the ancient texts they talk about). Here are the Hebrew words the biblical writer could have used (definitions are from the Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Old Testament):

1. “round” or “disk” or “circular” – There are over thirty words in the Hebrew Bible that describe something round or the shape of roundness. I’ll pick a few for our purposes that would have been especially useful for describing a UFO.

Hebrew: ‘agol – (Str 5696; circular, round, i.e., pertaining to a shape that is a circle, round and without corners; 1Ki 7:23, 31,35; 10:19; 2Ch 4:2); tselil – (Str 6742; round loaf, cake ball, i.e., a processed loaf of bread, with a focus on the shape as being round or disk-shaped, and so able to roll; Jdg 7:13); sohar – (Str 5470; roundness, i.e., the concept of being round or circular, as pertaining to the shape of an object; Ge 39:20,21, 22,23; 40:3, 5); sahar – (Str 5469; roundness, i.e., the concept of being round or circular, as pertaining to the shape of an object; Song Sol 7:3); ‘ugah (Str 5692; bread-cake, i.e., a round, flat bread baked (contrasted with an oven loaf) on hot stones and turned over to bake both sides; Ge 18:6; Ex 12:39; Nu 11:8; 1Ki 17:13; 19:6; Eze 4:12; Hos 7:Cool; shelet – (Str 7982; small round shield, i.e., a defensive weapon to stop weapons and blows, usually made of thick, oiled, leather; 2Sa 8:7; 2Ki 11:10; 1Ch 18:7; 2Ch 23:9; SS 4:4; Jer 51:11; Eze 27:11; note: in some contexts this can refer to ornamental shields made of other materials); metsiltayim – (Str 4700; cymbals, i.e., a pair of round, metal musical percussion instruments which are struck together to make a rhythmic sound (1Ch 13:8; 15:16, 19, 28; 16:5, 42; 25:1, 6; 2Ch 5:12, 13; 29:25; Ezr 3:10; Ne 12:27).

2. “metal(lic)” or “silver”

There are over 100 words in the Hebrew Bible associated with metals or metallurgy. Again, I’ll pick a few that would have been useful. Note that in Ezekiel 1, the “expanse” (raqia‘) is not said to be metallic. The word there is “crystal” to denote a shine. It is also not said to be round. It is a platform that supports the throne, under which are cherubim with *side” wheels – what you’d need for a throne (a chair; see the parallel in Dan 7:9-10) to be mobile. The related verb raqa‘ refers to the act of making something thin (not necessarily circular) by hammering. The verb has nothing to do with roundness (and neither does the noun raqia‘ – context has to give shape information, and that is absent in Ezekiel 1).

peladot – (Str 6393; steel iron, i.e., a metal more pliable than cast iron metal, which can be polished; Nah 2:3); matil – (Str 4300; rod, stick, i.e., a solid length of wood or metal of any diameter or length, used for various tasks; Job 40:18); chashmal – (Str 2830; shining substance: (kjv, nkjv, nrsv, njb, Tanakh) amber stone or (nab) electrum (gold/silver alloy): several others have been suggested; a bluish stone, or gold, or bronze, or some kind of in-lay work; Eze 1:4, 27; 8:2); keseph – (Str 3701; silver metal (Job 28:1), note: for niv text in Pr 26:23, see 3869; 2. LN 6.68-6.82 money, i.e., a silver piece as a unit of exchange; 2Sa 18:12; 2Ki 15:20); luach – (Str 3871; 1. LN 6.54-6.67 stone tablets, i.e., a stone surface for inscribing words with a chiseling tool (Ex 24:12) . . . 3. LN 6.188-6.196 metal plate, i.e., a metal surface used for ornamental carving for ornamental adornment of a building; 1Ki 7:36); re’i – (Str 7209; mirror, i.e., a flat piece of polished metal (possibly with an ornamental handle), which makes a reflection for face and hair care; Job 37:18); qalachat – (Str 7037; cooking pot, caldron, kettle, i.e., a large, assumedly metal, vessel for cooking or boiling meats or stews; 1Sa 2:14; Mic 3:3).

3. “bright” or “shining” or “burning”

There are over two dozen terms used of the quality of shininess or shining in the Hebrew Bible. Here are several.

chashmal – see entry above under #2; tsahal - (Str 6670; make shine, make glisten, i.e., cause light to reflect off a surface efficiently and so cause a shining appearance from that object; Ps 104:15); zahar – (Str 2096; brightness, shining, i.e., have an appearance of light, implying a beauty or splendor; Eze 8:2; Da 12:3).

4. Black (color)

shachor – (Str 7838; 1. LN 79.26-79.38 black, i.e., pertaining to the color black (Lev 13:31, 37; SS 1:5; 5:11; Zec 6:2, 6); chashak – (Str 2821; 1. LN 14.53-14.62 (qal) be dark, i.e., be in a state of little or no light, with an associative meaning of gloom or depressed feelings (Job 3:9; 18:6; Ecc 12:2, 3; Isa 5:30; 13:10+), note: for niv text in Eze 30:18, see 3124; (hif) darken (Ps 105:28; 139:12; Jer 13:16; Am 5:8; 8:9+); 2. LN 79.26-79.38 (qal) be black, i.e., be the color black, as an extension of darkness as the absence of light (Ex 10:15; La 4:8+).

5. Straight side or line

mesharim – (Str 4339; 1. LN 88.12-88.23 uprightness, i.e., what conforms to a standard (1Ch 29:17); 2. LN 88.12-88.23 fairness, equity, i.e., the concept of justice in relation to a standard (Ps 9:9[EB 8]); 3. LN 79.88-79.90 straightness, i.e., a linear direction that does not deviate nor is crooked (SS 7:10[EB 9]); 4. LN 79.84-79.87 levelness, i.e., a state of not having hills or depressions (Isa 26:7); yashar (Str 3477; 1. LN 79.88-79.90 straight, i.e., pertaining to not being crooked (Eze 1:7); 2. LN 79.84-79.87 level, i.e., pertaining to not being bumpy with elevations or depressions (Jer 31:9); yosher (Str 3476; 1. LN 88.12-88.23 uprightness, i.e., the quality of conforming to a standard (Dt 9:5; 1Ki 9:4; Job 33:3, 23; Ps 25:21; 119:7; Pr 14:2; Ecc 12:10+), note: Pr 8:21 cj; 2. LN 79.88-79.90 straightness, i.e., what is not crooked, or possibly a leveling or evenness of a path (Pr 2:13; 4:11+).

Results

I hope you get the idea. Now, here’s how you’d describe the following:

1. Standard UFO – “Behold, I looked up at the heavens and saw a round (loaf, shield); its color was silver, and it had the appearance of shining silver (or shining amber) and was moving fast (or standing still, whatever).”

2. Triangle UFO – “Behold, I looked up at the heavens and saw a great thing having three sides, each of them straight. And the appearance of the thing was black, like night.”

3. A “rod” UFO – “Behold, I looked up at the heavens and saw a rod (Hebr: matil) whose appearance was silver. And behold the rod shined brightly.”

4. A “gumdrop” UFO – “Behold, I looked up at the heavens and saw a cooking pot (qalachat) made of silver, great and shining. And behold the cooking pot’s mouth was below its base (i.e., it was upside down, for the gumdrop effect).”

Honestly, folks, this is child’s play.

I can hardly wait for some “researcher” to steal these fake “Bible verses” and put them on a website somewhere about Bible UFOs. If you see that, let me know. I’ll be glad to post links here to that site so it comes up more easily in Google and we can expose the hack who did it.

Source

"Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized, in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is violently opposed in the third it is regarded as self evident". - Arthur Shopenhauer
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks Qrios for the Michael Heiser material and links. I read the UFO article last week and he brought up some interesting points.
    pman35
    pman35
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pman35 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Disclosure Lite , what is everyones view on this.

Post by Bard Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:26 am

animal2012 wrote:Disclosure Lite , what is everyones view on this.

This is my post from an earlier discussion between Scarz and I.

"How does one of the ‘selected’ with a lack of involvement in ET/Ufo’s enigma from a civilian/corporate perspective have their testimony preapproved by a group - about their personal experience and exposure to the ET presence - of which they had no previous involvement with?

I got lost in that logic somewhere.

This sounds like whistleblower testimony without the blower. Well, that is how a certain group of people will see it. I understand protocols, boundaries, and security is a must - especially when the hand of liberty is awash from the crimson-cleaving voices of REASON brave enough to challenge the beast.

If truth be so dangerous it cannot be spoken – IT MUST BE at least whispered to those with the capacity and understanding to accept this reality.

Regarding:

'Preapproved by the group' - Partial testimony or directed to release testimony?

Many will question: “Is this the whole truth or nothing but the truth" or more slights of hand by insulated tricksters? Many who ask this question, still hold the belief that liberty and freedoms exists unscathed in this day and should fear no evil.

To conclude – see prior post:

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t42p465-the-bible-ufos-et-and-the-ancients-part-3#1950

ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:27 am

I will need to see something from them and go from there. They want our reactions,that's what it's all about.

My first few thoughts over just the ground work post at TOP are if we get no hard evidence then how can any of this be verified?

They are going to have to give us something to get our hands dirty on. Without public reaction and public interest growth it dies and will be buried in an unmarked grave.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t100-tcgroup-the-seinu-disclosures

I believe there is a reasonable probability that there is a link between the Outpost Forum's Group and the T.C. Group of 7 years ago. It may be a weak-link, but there are reasons to suggest an association.

If you have never read the T.C. Group Disclosures, you will find them most interesting. Some of the info contained was the first time such was posted anywhere on the net. (ie: Solar Warden)

Today, I reposted to this forum all the originally published Disclosures. They are now available as workable net-links for discussions and commentary in other venues.

edit spelling

Last edited by Jake Reason on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 pm

This presentation from Michael Heiser I believe is one of the best. I just got through viewing it again and for anyone who has ask why I believe as I do......"This will give you a front row seat into why I view things as I do".

You will notice he keeps mentioning a David throughout the presentation. For those not knowing who Michael is referring to,it's David Flynn.

"MD02" you need to take the time and view this presentation. If you've viewed it in the past,then I hope you will view it again "As well as everyone else".

As Michael mentions in his presentation......"A turf war has been going down for a very long time". It's not something that was fought and decided many,many centuries ago. This is a turf war being fought today as well as in the past and on into the future.

I believe we are living in exciting times. Times not to be feared,but times to be prepared for.

-------------------------------------------------

Michael Heiser's Presentation on The Sons of God (Watchers)and Hybridization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHgjGUbFwhE
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm

ScaRZ wrote:Good to see you again Jake. I was hoping you would give us some insight in all of this. The Seinu group did come to my mind when reading the first post at TOP Forum. Maybe some of the material that was never posted on OMF is about to surface with a facelift.

Perhaps yes. It should be broached on their forum.

T.C.GROUP - The Seinu Disclosures

With regards to "Disclosure Lite/Pandora's Box" being initiated... I'm not sure it will attract much attention and thus ponder the motivations for it.

The introduction and opening message seem to indicate that TOP's Anonymous Group plans to Announce a News event was orchestrated by their "insider" contacts, after it hits the News. This approach would loose most people's interest rapidly. And so it would seem that some foretelling of a News event will need to occur before they/Anon are extended respectful attention.

With the regards to TOP's admins' efforts in this, I stand by my opening comment here.

I'll keep monitoring it none-the-less. As I have always been interested in the machinations behind Disclosure.

BTW, thanks for the latest from Michael Heiser. I'll be sure to listen to it sometime over the weekend.
    Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm

ScaRZ wrote:This presentation from Michael Heiser I believe is one of the best. I just got through viewing it again and for anyone who has ask why I believe as I do......"This will give you a front row seat into why I view things as I do".

You will notice he keeps mentioning a David throughout the presentation. For those not knowing who Michael is referring to,it's David Flynn.

"MD02" you need to take the time and view this presentation. If you've viewed it in the past,then I hope you will view it again "As well as everyone else".

As Michael mentions in his presentation......"A turf war has been going down for a very long time". It's not something that was fought and decided many,many centuries ago. This is a turf war being fought today as well as in the past and on into the future.

I believe we are living in exciting times. Times not to be feared,but times to be prepared for.

-------------------------------------------------

Scarz:

I've watched several of MH's presentations but cannot remember if I have viewed this one before. I will fire it up at first opportunity.

I have a few questions already on the launch pad.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm

FYI http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/Russian-meteor-shower-Sonic-boom-caused-meteorite-hurtling-Chebarkul-injures-1-000-people.html

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 am

Admin wrote:FYI http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/Russian-meteor-shower-Sonic-boom-caused-meteorite-hurtling-Chebarkul-injures-1-000-people.html

I saw this on the web as well as the news last night. I can only wonder what was going through peoples minds as this took place. Imagine the destruction if several pieces this size and larger were in the mix.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am

Tom Horn, Chris Putnam, Steve Quayle on Hagmann Thursday Feb.14,2013

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cfp-radio/2013/02/15/the-hagmann-hagmann-report.mp3

----------------------------------

I listened to it yesterday (3 Hours Long). They cover a lot of material,while most is about the Last Pope / Papacy,as well as The UFO-Alien connection in all this.

The Chris Putnam parts were some of my favorites. One thing he brought up was the Dead Sea scroll number 4Q544 where it talks about the Watcher Melkiresha. Here below is an interpretation of that section.

( I saw Watchers ) in my vision, a dream vision, and behold two of ( of them ) arguing about me and said.... and they were engaged in a great quarrel concerning me. I asked them; "You, what are you... thus...... ( about me?".) They answered and said to me " We have been made masters and rule over all the sons of men " And they said to me " Which of us do you chose...

I raised my eyes and saw one of them. His looks were frightening ( like those of a viper, and his garments were multi coloured and he was extremely dark.....)

And afterwards I looked and behold..... by his appearance and his face was like that of an adder, and he was covered with.... together, and his eyes...... .....this ( Watcher ): "Who is he?" He said to me "This Watcher.....( and his three names are.....) and Melkiresha.......

And i said: "My Lord, what....." (And he said to me)...... ( and all his paths are darkness, all his work is darkness, and he is... in darkness .......you see. And he rules over all darkness and I rule over all light )........

Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am

ScaRZ wrote:

Finally finsihed watching.... It looked like an older interview.

Where do we even begin?

ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

MD02 wrote:

Finally finsihed watching.... It looked like an older interview.

It was an older presentation....."One of my all time favorites."
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I enjoyed it as well. Thanks ScaRZ

Michael's presentation also offered supporting grounds for my hypothesis that the men who visited Abraham, Sara and Lot, may well have been 'sons of God'. The un-fallen kind.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Jake Reason wrote:I enjoyed it as well. Thanks ScaRZ

Michael's presentation also offered supporting grounds for my hypothesis that the men who visited Abraham, Sara and Lot, may well have been 'sons of God'. The un-fallen kind.

You may very well be correct Jake. I think many make a big mistake taking the term "angel" and rolling them all together. Even scripture teaches us that one day we will be above angels. They each are creations with spiritual bodies but are not all the same types and ranks. If we take into account The Book of Enoch it is very clear that they can take on "Being numerous in appearance" (assuming many forms).

Something else to consider are the two events of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and his Ascension. Most think they were angels there at both events,but it reads men......"I call them Spirit Men."

The Resurrection

Luke 24:4-7

And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

The Ascension

Acts 1:9-11

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Another thing I've wondered is it possible these two men were the same two men that appeared at another event that involved Jesus Christ.

The Transfiguration

Matthew 17:2-3

And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Two Witnesses at The Transfiguration,Two Witnesses at The Resurrection,and Two Witnesses at The Ascension of Jesus Christ. Is it possible that these two men will also be the Two Witnesses spoken of in the Book of Revelation that will come before the Return of Jesus Christ......."Moses and Elijah to witnesses all four pivotal events."
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks ScaRZ,
    Yes, I have thought all the same things.

During the prophesied future period of the the New Heaven and New Earth... if God continued to create and made a new world and new Adam.... is it unthinkable to consider HE might sent one of us to deliver a message to an Abrahamic figure on that new world?

I find no theological discrepancy with this proposed hypothesis.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 am

Well put Jake.

When "The Eternal" creates New Heavens what will they be filled with? Will it be only the New Adam and the heavenly host that reside with him now,or will they also be populated with massive newer creations as well?

The New Earth I believe is where "The Eternal" will reside. The Government of The Eternal will be based from the New Earth consisting of a heavenly divine counsel of Sons of God.

Isaiah 65:17........"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

Isaiah 66:22........"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain."

2 Peter 3:13........"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Yes.
    Nice selection of verses, ScaRZ
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

There was an interesting Headline in Canada's National Post today....

Pope’s resignation tied to blackmailed gay-lobby within the Vatican: Italian newspaper

Feb 22, 2013 10:47 AM ET

Following Pope Benedict’s surprise resignation earlier this month, it didn’t take long for conspiracy theories to come out of the woodwork.

To a certain extent, this is expected — a Pope hasn’t resigned in centuries, and certain aspects of Benedict’s time at the top of the Vatican have been controversial — not least the damaging “VatiLeaks” scandal.

Today, Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper added fuel to the fire, alleging that Benedict’s resignation was prompted by a report prepared by three Cardinals on conflict and corruption in the Vatican — including what it says is the “inappropriate influence” of a gay lobby within the Holy See.

The newspaper — which has the largest circulation within Italy — says that Benedict asked three Cardinals, Julian Herranz, Josef Tomko and Salvatore De Giorgi, to conduct an internal report after the VatiLeaks scandal. When the 300 page report was delivered to Benedict in December, it reportedly cemented a decision that he had already been considering — it was time to resign.

What was so damning in the report? While La Repubblica doesn’t quote directly from the report, it contains details reportedly passed on by a senior Vatican source, which points to financial and sexual lobbies that have split the church.

The report allegedly stated that various lobbies in the Vatican were exerting influence on day-to-day-life in the Vatican, and routinely breaking two of the ten commandments — “thou shalt not steal” and “thou shalt not commit adultery.” The former refers to the controversies about the Vatican Bank, one of the key aspects of the VatiLeaks Scandal.

The latter commandment is apparently a reference to a “gay lobby” that reportedly exerts influence within the Vatican, La Repubblica alleges. The report infers that this group was the subject of blackmail attempts, detailing an “external influence” from those with a “worldly nature.”

Reports of financial corruption and homosexuality in the Holy See are far from uncommon, of course — the Vatican became embroiled in a gay prostitution scandal in 2010, for example, which La Repubblica highlights. However, this report is the first sign that these controversies could have played a role in Benedict’s resignation.

Curiously, the Guardian‘s John Hooper has a statement from the Vatican’s press spokesperson, Father Federico Lombardi, who doesn’t confirm or deny the report exists. However, Lombardi suggests the interpretations of the report are making a “a tension that is the opposite of what the pope and the church want.”

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

And speaking of Popes....

C2C's George Noory interviewed John Hogue a few days ago.
    click here

John Hogue, is one of the world's most prolific author/researchers on the subject of Prophecies. George and John talk about St. Malachy and other Catholic Prophecies.

This is one of the best interviews I've ever heard on this subject. There is so much packed into this interview, like what you would expect at a seminar! Among many things, John Hogue explains the Catholic view of end-times prophecies and how they differ from Protestant views.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 am

Thank you Jake for posting the C2C interview. I hope I get to it tomorrow sometime.

Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 am

Of note: Pope related

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1945511

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:19 pm