Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeToday at 10:34 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes?

isaackoi
    isaackoi

NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Empty NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes?

Post by isaackoi Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:13 am

I've spent a reasonable amount of time during the last few years looking into issues regarding the NSA and UFOs.

So far, I have typed up about 100 pages of notes as a start on a thread about NSA documents relating to UFOs and related issues, including relevant individuals (including people that worked, or have claimed to have worked, for the NSA and had/have some involvement in ufology).

While I've created a searchable PDF archive of several collections of NSA documents relating to UFOs (some of those document not being available on the NSA's own website in its section on UFOs...), at the moment I'd just like to check whether anyone has spent any time looking into relevant individuals and would like to compare notes. (I think I've read most material published about these individuals online and in books plus quite a bit of the material on them in UFO magazines/journals/newsletters - so I'm really looking to compare notes on information which adds to that already online or in books...).

Has anyone here covered any of this ground already?

The relevant individuals currently covered in Part I of the relevant draft thread are listed below:

Part I : Relevant individuals

Part I1: Tom Deuley
    Part I2: Lambros D. P. Callimahos
    Part I3: Howell McConnell
    Part I4 : Todd Zechel
    Part I5 : Admiral Ray Inman
    Part I6 : Hal Puthoff
    Part I7 : Ray Fowler
    Part I8 : William Draeger
    Part I9 : Bob Oeschler
    Part I10 : Dan Sherman
    Part I11 : Ron Cecchini
    Part I12: Paul Bennewitz
    Part I13 : Donald Menzel
    Part I14 : Russ Estes
    Part I15 : R. A. Boulay
    Part I16 : “Mil”
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Empty Re: NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes?

Post by dan Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am

Isaac,

Thanks for this effort. Is there a URL that you can pass along?

Feel free to include any of my materials from OMF, in consultation with Cyrellys, of course.

isaackoi
    isaackoi

NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes? Empty Re: NSA and UFOs : Anyone want to compare notes?

Post by isaackoi Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks Dan.

I don't have any links to pass along in relation to NSA material at the moment since I haven't uploaded the PDFs (or my covering notes, currently about 100 pages long...) since I'm trying to get permission to share some more material and also fill in some gaps in what I know. Hence the request I posted offering to compare notes if anyone has looked into the individuals I mentioned.

My offer to compare notes here and elsewhere has already prompted a couple of interesting emails in response in the last 24 hours.

(If there are any individuals on the above list that are of particular interest to you or other members here, I could probably post some material now on some of those individuals prior to posting the full collection and covering thread).

I can, however, pass along some links to other material I've worked on recently that may be of interest:

(1) A searchable PDF copy the book ”Melbourne Episode : Case Study of a Missing Pilot” (1987) by Dick Haines regarding the disappearance of pilot Frederick M Valentich is now online.

I have posted some sample pages, some background and a few other relevant links/documents in a brief thread on the AboveTopSecret.com discussion forum at:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1016637/pg1

(2)  Back in 1979, Dr Richard Haines edited a book entitled "UFO Phenomena and the Behavioral Scientist" which contains articles by various leading researchers which "study the eyewitnesses themselves or the social context in which the sighting takes place". Authors included Dr Haines himself, R Leo Sprinkle, Michael Persinger, Berthold Eric Schwarz and others.

I've embedded images of the table of contents, a couple of sample pages and given some background in a discussion on AboveTopSecret.com at the link below:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1015232/pg1

(I have been in touch with the publishers of the book, Scarecrow Press, and checked that the rights in relation to this commercially published book have reverted to Richard Haines. The publishers kindly responded to my enquiry within 24 hours, which may encourage me to seek to make freely available online other out-of-print UFO books that were commercially published some time ago freely - if this would be of interest to others).

I've uploaded both of the above books (with the permission of Dick Haines) to the link below:
    http://we.tl/ysRpHms3Z8

(3) PhD dissertations : I've recently posted a brief thread on ATS giving links to ufological PhD dissertations freely available online (including the dissertations that I've recently uploaded as searchable PDF documents with the kind permission of their authors, i.e. the dissertations by Herb Strentz and David Jacobs) and some avenues for potential further work in relation to PhD dissertations:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1014708/pg1

(4) UFO Brigantia : Searchable PDF versions of 35 issues of UFO Brigantia from 1985-1992 scanned by Gary Anthony are now (with the permission of its editor, Andy Roberts) are now freely available at the link below:
    https://app.box.com/s/z2l523hgi6p5w3rhry3v

These are issues 9, 15-18, 20-30, 32-43 and 46-52. (I'm currently trying to get hold of the missing issues and arrange for them to be scanned).

"UFO Brigantia" was one of the better researched (and more entertaining...) UFO journals, published in the UK in the 1980s-1990s. It contained a mix of case reports, articles and book/documentary reviews. It also contained a fair amount of criticism of UFO research/researchers and often had the sort of humour seen in Saucer Smear - e.g. having a bit of fun at the expense of some ufologists that took themselves a bit too seriously.

(5) Blogs : I recently wrote an item about backing-up (and - to me, at least as importantly - efficiently searching) UFO blogs. By way of example, I included links to PDF archives of blogs published by Larry Bryant and Dan Smith (created with their permission):
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1015217/pg1

(6) Roswell : I can't remember whether I mentioned here that I'd uploaded searchable PDF versions of the US Air Force’s report “Fact versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert”, the US Air Force report entitled “The Roswell Report : Case Closed” and a 26 page General Accounting Office report. Links and sample pages are at:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1000608/pg1

(7) Info-Paranet Newsletters : Again, I can't remember if I posted a link on this List to a searchable PDF archive I created of issues 1 to 631 of the Info-Paranet "Newsletters" which contained digests of some of the posts on the early "Paranet" bulletin-board system between August 1989 and March 1993. The Paranet PDF archive was uploaded with the approval of its founder, James Speiser:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread992225/pg1

Once I finish my item on the NSA and I upload relevant documents, I'll post relevant links here as well.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Thank you, Isaac.

As the phneomenon has grown more quiet, domestically, we have an opportunity to reflect on its history. As they say, patience is a virtue.
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Well, well, well...

R A Boulay

We meet again

fancy seeing you here in a place like this

Now I'll remember to order the book

https://www.amazon.com/Flying-Serpents-Dragons-Mankinds-Reptilian/dp/1885395388
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 am

Seems very metaphorical cross referencing these images to the Underworld.

The Reptile seem to be the gatekeeper of the Underworld perhaps.

They are much older than us on Earth.

Were they Aware?

370 million years seems like a lot of time to develop compared to us.

Mammals Evolved From "Mammal-Like Reptiles".

So perhaps these small early mammals were the smartest reptiles?

About 230 million years ago, during the late Triassic period, a population of therapsids ("mammal-like reptiles") split off into the first true mammals.

Ironically, the first mammals evolved at almost exactly the same time as the first dinosaurs; for the next 165 million years, mammals were banished to the periphery of evolution, living in trees or burrowing underground, until the extinction of the dinosaurs finally allowed them to take center stage.
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am

Now you speaking my language Smelly! I strongly suspect that the large intelligent reptiles and insects that people encounter on-board craft and elsewhere are an Earth based phenomena. This renders both the questions of how "aliens" could traverse the vast distances of space and why they would care about the Earth rather moot. They may infact travel through interstellar space but it's almost as if that question is less important in the face of this theory, yet many people will base their entire worldview of the phenomena off this one argument of the difficulty of traveling those distances, some ultimate gotcha that really isn't as profound as some people think. No for me the more interesting questions are why do the creatures people encounter look very similar to creatures on Earth and in the face of that fact what is the historical value of the Earth for these creatures that are encountered?

Stephen likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 pm