Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 am by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+18
CokenRum44
Ecu_365
Gut
lynx
Mur
pman35
vectorian
Qrios
Cyrellys
dan
norenrad
Nib
HouTexan
Bard
IPFreely
Jake Reason
Admin
22 posters

The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Empty Re: The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Post by Admin Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi ScarZ,

Thank you for posting this information. Does any of David Flynn's material give any idea to the time-frames for the early events or historical figures that his research indicated?

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

bible -  The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3 Empty Re: The Bible, UFOs, ET and the Ancients Part 3

Post by ScaRZ Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 am

@Admin

David through his work points to The Temple (Temple Mount)as the center of space and time.

I see David's work attempting to show how everything as leading to and from this spot. The Mathematics of David Flynn's work can be for me many times......"Over my head". I can only hope one day I will understand it fully.

In our time frame the year 2012 was a date David pointed to many times in his work. On into the near future the 2016 date is another David saw as very important.

David used the screen name Newton2012 at his forum and he died at the beginning of 2012.

Here below is one of his post you may find answers some of your questions. I will only post a small snippet and the link to read the full article.

Prophecy of the End Times Written In The the Earth

http://watchermeetup.50.forumer.com/prophecy-of-the-end-times-written-in-the-the-earth-t357511.html

"The time-distance correlation (In Temple at the Center of Time) works with statute miles for years BC and nautical miles for years AD. A "mirroring in distances" already exist between Patmos, where St. John wrote "Revelation" 539 n miles from the temple and Babylon where Daniel wrote his prophecies, 539 s miles from the temple, (Babylon fell in 539 BC)."

"However, because Newton postulated that the prophecy of Daniel was the introduction to a later interpretation by the Revelation of St. John, the distances of each prophet from the temple are combined using nautical miles only. Numerous findings of nautical miles equaling years of events pertaining to the temple of Jerusalem in the present era, AD show that nautical miles should be used in this combined calculation for discerning the future mapped out in these two prophetic books. This distance is 1008 nm."

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 am

So is David essentially saying the ancients used nautical miles as a standard unit of measurement for both distance and time?

I curious because I'd like to inquire to certain researchers on the star maps in Eire/B.Isles if there is a similar usage or if they see different mathematical standards of measurement?

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks ScaRZ,
    I read through it. David Flynn was interesting, however I found him stretching things a bit. Speculating more than was there. In his favour, I have always found the complexity of DNA as a sign to us, displaying how fine-tuned the creation/cosmos is. And consequently consider Flynn's general hypothesis' plausible. As designing and constructing earth/time/coordinates, wouldn't be any more complex than designing DNA.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

Sorry I haven't been in the thread lately. It just appears so very few are here at OM I wonder is it going to get any better. I guess that's just my flesh talking and attempting to pull me away from getting things rolling.

It's time I begin listening to the inner voice within me and not worry about the fleshly side of things. I've known for some time now that my silence was coming to an end. I believe a period of silence was needed to prepare me for what I now approach.

As far as David Flynn's work I wish I had a greater understanding of the numbers game. The best thing I could offer is for anyone having a deep interest would be for them to purchase his newest book that Tom Horn is offering. Both of David's books are compiled into one huge book.

The David Flynn Collection

http://survivormall.com/DavidFlynnCollectionSpecialOffer-1-1.aspx

Last edited by ScaRZ on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 am

Peter Goodgame is another of my favorite authors and researchers. He went silent for several years and is about to have his new book released very soon through Tom Horn.

Peter does not ride the politically correct train. He can and will cause a mighty storm within the walks of those claiming to be followers of Jesus Christ. Get ready to be stung,because Peter has a way of hitting the right spot.

Here is an article written by Peter Goodgame that I read this morning. This will give you a very small taste of where his head is and what to expect in the pages of his new book........"The Second Coming of the Antichrist".

Here is a small snippet of the article........"Isaiah 9:10 and the Tower of Babel". Be sure and click the link for the full article.

http://www.redmoonrising.com/IsaiahBabel.htm

Over four years ago I abruptly ended a series of articles that I was writing for Tom Horn and Raiders News Update. I needed time to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ and to set aside all of my research and my intense focus upon the Antichrist. If you truly know Jesus, then nothing else matters, and at that time I knew more about the Antichrist than I did about the One I called my Savior. This is a serious issue for many people who have a calling to expose the devil's schemes. Don't let your calling ever get out of balance with your relationship with the One who has called you! God is revealing many details about the end-times, but simply knowing these details is not enough. Always remember that the purpose of these revelations is to wake up the Bride of Christ and to call her back to her first love, so that we can shine like the stars in the midst of a wicked and perverse generation!

For three years I set aside my writing and research until my pastors invited me to teach for our mid-week Bible study. This series lasted for ten weeks and presenting it helped me to organize all of the material that I had collected over the years. Then in the Fall of 2011 the Lord gave me a clear message that it was time to write the book. The rough draft was written in December, edited over the following months, and will be released very soon, near the end of August, 2012, through Tom Horn's publishing house. Thank you, Tom Horn, for your support and encouragement.

Lucifer is referred to in Isaiah 14:12, but we must be very clear here: Lucifer is not Satan. Lucifer is merely another name for Asshur, the man who built Babylon after the Flood, who founded the land of the Chaldeans as well as the nation of Assyria, who became worshiped as the Assyrians' primary god. The kings of Assyria believed they were the earthly representations of Asshur upon the earth, and that is why the Lord refers to Asshur using singular verbs as if speaking to a singular individual. That is why he is portrayed as being on the scene in 722 BC, as well as on the scene at the very end of the age during the Day of the Lord. Asshur is named as the king of Assyria in Isaiah 10, but also named as the king of Babylon in Isaiah 14. In Genesis 10:8-11 he is named as both Nimrod and Asshur, and credited with founding Babylon (Babel) as well as the northern cities that later became the heart of the kingdom of Assyria. Asshur is a supernatural figure, and in my book I provide the evidence that his resurrection and physical return to this earth will be The Second Coming of the Antichrist.

The imagery of Babylon as the great enemy of God and persecutor of God's people runs from Genesis to Revelation. It begins with the building of the Tower of Babel, and continues with the Babylonian captivity of Judah before coming to fruition at the end of Revelation. Jonathan Cahn's research focuses on the modern translation of the Masoretic Hebrew text of Isaiah 9:10, and he shows us that God has been speaking to our nation through the related signs and events since 9-11. However, when I first read Cahn's book I had just written four chapters for my own book focusing on Isaiah 9-14 in which I referred often to the Septuagint (LXX) translation of these texts, which were written several hundred years before the Masoretic translations were compiled. Here is my commentary on the meaning of Isaiah 9:10 as found in the Septuagint translation of the Old Testament as found at the end of chapter fourteen in my upcoming book:

The Lord has sent death upon Jacob, and it has come upon Israel. And all the people of Ephraim, and they that dwelt in Samaria shall know, who say in their pride and lofty heart, The bricks are fallen down, but come, let us hew stones, and cut down sycamores and cedars, and let us build for ourselves a tower. (Isaiah 9:8–10, LXX)

What the Lord is saying to Israel at this time cannot be missed or misunderstood. Compare the LXX translation of the passage above with the New King James version of Genesis 11:3–4:

Then they said to one another, Come, let us make bricks and…let us build for ourselves…a tower…

With this introduction to God’s judgment against Israel He is saying that the apostasy of Israel is so deep and so complete that it is as if the people of Israel were saying in their proud and rebellious hearts, "The bricks of the Tower of Babel have fallen down, but come, let us hew stones and cut timbers so that we can build it once again!"

The Tower of Babel was the original and ultimate symbol of mankind’s hubris and rebellion against God, and here God is comparing Israel’s apostasy to the original post-Flood apostasy at Babel that had resulted in the creation of the entire pagan system. God’s anger was kindled like never before, and judgment was sure to follow.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 am

To continue with some added content from Peter Goodgame. This will give a little more detail in where his new book is going.

----------------------------------------------

Osiris: Dying and Rising God of Egypt... and Freemasonry

By Peter Goodgame

http://redmoonrising.com/osiris.htm

"The Dying God shall rise again! The secret room in the House of the Hidden Places shall be rediscovered. The Pyramid again shall stand as the ideal emblem of solidarity, inspiration, aspiration, resurrection, and regeneration." Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages (New York, NY: Penguin, 2003), page 120.

Introduction

Stories of a "Dying and Rising God" can be found throughout the myths and legends of the ancient world. This is a very controversial statement and many heated debates have taken place over the years either promoting or protesting it. The central question, of course, is where the story of Jesus Christ fits in relation to all of these (alleged) earlier myths.

This huge can of worms was opened up and entered into the mainstream academic world in 1890 when James G. Frazer published his classic overview of ancient mythology, The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion. As Wikipedia explains, Frazer concluded that the concept of a dying and rising god influenced the very institution of "kingship" and that in the ancient world the king "...was the incarnation of a dying and reviving god, a solar deity who underwent a mystic marriage to a goddess of the Earth, who died at the harvest, and was reincarnated in the spring. Frazer claims that this legend is central to almost all of the world's mythologies... The book scandalized the British public upon its first publication, because it included the Christian story of Jesus in its comparative study, thus inviting an agnostic reading of the Lamb of God as a relic of a pagan religion."

Frazer's work was hugely influential in secularizing the fields of religious studies and anthropology, and it fit in nicely with the rationalistic modern worldview that was birthed in the Enlightenment and took control over society through the materialistic works of Darwin, Marx, Nietzche and Freud. Building on Frazer's work, James Campbell published his hugely influential examination of ancient myth, The Hero With A Thousand Faces, in 1949. Like Frazer, Campbell lumped the "Jesus story" in with all of the ancient myths of an overcoming hero, arguing that all of these myths followed the same basic template. Even today, for those secular moderns who are even somewhat familiar with either Frazer's or Campbell's work, the "Jesus story" is often casually dismissed as simply another twist on the ancient "dying and rising god" genre. For them, the very existence of a pre-Christian "dying and rising god" mythology is evidence against the existence of a "historical" Jesus.

Heated Debate

In response to this possibility Christians have gone to great lengths to tear down Frazer's thesis, and to demonstrate that the evidence for a pre-Christian "dying and rising god" is actually very thin. In 1998 Mark S. Smith published a paper entitled The Death of 'Dying and Rising Gods' in the Biblical World in which he attempted to show that in each alleged case of a pre-Christian "dying and rising god" either the figure was not fully dead, did not rise from the dead, or was not fully divine. Smith's scholarly work may be enough to convince Christians that Jesus was unique, but Smith's work, and indeed all scholarly rebuttals of Frazer's well-known thesis, have remained largely unnoticed by mainstream academics and by society at large.

Because of this reality skeptics of Christianity continue to have great fun with the "dying and rising god" mythology. Here is a list of a few of the books that have been written over the past several decades attempting to "debunk" Christianity utilizing Frazer's thesis: Christianity Before Christ, John G. Jackson, 1985; The Christ Conspiracy - The Greatest Story Ever Sold, Acharya S, 1999; The Jesus Puzzle, Earl Doherty, 1999; That Old-Time Religion, Jordan Maxwell, 2000; The Truth Behind the Christ Myth, Mark Amaru Pinkham, 2002; and The Pagan Christ - Recovering the Lost Light, Tom Harpur, 2005. Similar arguments also appear in the popular documentary film Zeitgeist: The Movie, by film-maker Peter Joseph (which ambitiously attempts to debunk Christianity, the attacks of 9-11, and international banking, all in one crack.) The basic thrust of all of these works is summed up in a statement by authors Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy in their 1999 book, The Jesus Mysteries - Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?:

"The philosophers of the ancient world were the spiritual masters of the Inner Mysteries... At the heart of the Mysteries were myths concerning a dying and resurrecting godman, who was known by many different names. In Egypt he was Osiris, in Greece Dionysus, in Asia Minor Attis, In Syria Adonis, in Italy Bacchus, in Persia Mithras. Fundamentally all these godmen are the same mythical being." (Freke and Gandy, page 4)

Of course the primary argument of their book, as given in their subtitle, is that the story of Jesus Christ as found in the Gospels is simply another fictional representation of this mythical "godman." The astounding conclusion in all of these anti-Christian studies is that the fictional Jesus was based upon the myths and legends of earlier fictional dying and rising heroes. So on one side of this debate you have atheists and skeptics arguing that it's all fiction, while on the other side you have Christians arguing that the pre-Christian "dying and rising" myths do not truly exist, or else they do not fit the precise "dying and rising god" template and can therefore be disregarded as having nothing to do with Jesus.

Bridging the gap between these two extreme positions is the relatively recent work of Tryggve N. D. Mettinger, Professor of Hebrew Bible at Lund University, Sweden. His work, which was published in 2001, is entitled, The Riddle of Resurrection: "Dying and Rising Gods" in the Ancient Near East. As a professor of Hebrew Bible it might be expected that his work would be the usual Christian attempt to debunk the "dying and rising god" genre along the lines of Mark S. Smith. However, this is not the case. Mettinger is actually highly critical of the Christian impulse to eagerly dismiss the similarities between the ancient myths and the life story of Jesus. Not so fast, he says, as he begins his own even-handed analysis of the ancient Near Eastern gods including Baal, Melqart, Adonis, Eshmun, Dumuzi, and Osiris. I give an overview of Mettinger's analysis in my article The Saviors of the Ancient World from 2005. Here is what I wrote regarding Mettinger's conclusions:

"Near the end of his book Mettinger concedes that a strange connection does exist between Christianity and the "Dying and Rising" gods of paganism. However, he does not believe that the existence of this pre-Christian phenomenon must necessarily mean the non-existence of the Jesus Christ of New Testament Christianity. Here is what he writes,

'There is, as far as I am aware, no prima facie evidence that the death and resurrection of Jesus is a mythological construct, drawing on the myths and rites of the dying and rising gods of the surrounding world. While studied with profit against the background of Jewish resurrection belief, the faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus retains its unique character in the history of religions. The riddle remains.' " (Mettinger, page 221)

The riddle still remains! What are we to make, then, of the strange similarities that exist between Jesus Christ and, for instance, the Egyptian god Osiris? Here is what Egyptologist E. A. Wallace Budge wrote in the preface to his groundbreaking work on Osiris published back in 1911:

The central figure of the ancient Egyptian Religion was Osiris, and the chief fundamentals of his cult were the belief in his divinity, death, resurrection, and absolute control of the destinies of the bodies and souls of men. The central point of each Osirian's Religion was his hope of resurrection in a transformed body and of immortality, which could only be realized by him through the death and resurrection of Osiris. (Budge, Osiris & the Egyptian Resurrection)

The riddle still remains! How could the Osiris cult, which traces back up to three thousand years before Christ, have had so much in common with the most basic and fundamental doctrines of Christianity? There is definitely a mystery here, and it could be argued that Christians are merely displaying a lack of faith when they fail to face up to it. The time has come to embrace this mystery, and to dig into it, with the words of Jesus Himself assuring us that "...the truth will set you free!" (John 8:32).

A New Perspective

So far we have looked at two opposing camps: one side arguing that all of this mythology, including Jesus, is fictional, with another side arguing that Jesus is historical but the pagan mythology is fictional (and unrelated to Jesus). But what if there is another option to pursue in solving this mystery? In fact there is another perspective that remains unnoticed within this debate. The ancient pagans themselves believed that their "dying and rising" gods were actually historical. In fact, many of their historians, especially after Alexander the Great conquered the Near East, began to see similarities in all of the myths of the various cultures and put forth the idea that the similar stories of a dying god were actually based upon a singular historical figure. Mettinger shows the many similarities between Melqart, Eshmun and Adonis, and the Greeks themselves directly equated Osiris with Dionysus. This brings to the table the distinct possibility that both Jesus Christ and paganism's Dying God were both historical!

The modern-day heir to the mystery religions of ancient paganism, which were all built around the "dying and rising god" motif, is the global fraternity known as Freemasonry. If you dig into Masonic research of paganism's "dying and rising god" you will find that they too believe that these various myths all trace back to a singular and historical figure. The Dormer Masonic Study Circle was founded in London in 1938, and here is what they wrote about paganism's dying god in one of their published papers,

"To the earliest period of Egyptian metaphysical speculation belongs the fable of Isis and Osiris, and we find that the myth of the Dying God recurs in many of the great World Religions; also it is an established fact that … the life, death and resurrection of the immortal-mortal have become the prototype for numerous other doctrines of human regeneration." (Dormer Paper #47: “The Great Work in Speculative Masonry,”

One of Freemasonry's most celebrated and knowledgeable promoters was Manly P. Hall (1901-1990), who also traced the origins of paganism's Dying God back to ancient Egypt. In fact, Hall explained that the Masonic myth of Hiram Abiff, which is re-enacted within Freemasonry by initiates who are raised to the level of "Master Mason," is in fact simply a version of the Osiris myth. Here are his exact words:

"Preston, Gould, Mackey, Oliver, and Pike—in fact, nearly every great historian of Freemasonry-have all admitted the possibility of the modern society being connected, indirectly at least, with the ancient Mysteries, and their descriptions of the modern society are prefaced by excerpts from ancient writings descriptive of primitive ceremonials. These eminent Masonic scholars have all recognized in the legend of Hiram Abiff an adaptation of the Osiris myth; nor do they deny that the major part of the symbolism of the craft is derived from the pagan institutions of antiquity when the gods were venerated in secret places with strange figures and appropriate rituals." (Manly P. Hall, “Rosicrucian and Masonic Origins,”

This brings us back now to the provocative quote from Hall featured at the beginning of this article. It is taken from Hall's magnum opus, a book he published back in 1928 when he was only twenty-five years old, The Secret Teachings of All Ages, from chapter seven on the subject of the Great Pyramid of Egypt. From this quote it becomes clear that Hall believed that one day paganism's Dying God, whom he equated with the Egyptian god Osiris, would rise from the dead (see top).

This expectation is fully in line with what the Egyptians themselves believed about the god that they viewed as their first Pharoah, who was in fact the first Egyptian king to be mummified, which set the precedent for this Egyptian ritual that was carefully maintained down through the ages. Why was Osiris mummified in the first place? Because the Egyptians believed that one day he would rise from the dead and require the use of his body once again! The "Story of Setna" found within the "Book of Thoth," which dates back to at least 300 BC, records the expectation of the eventual "awakening" of Osiris:

"Bring their bodies to rest here with mine, that we may await together the Day of Awakening when Osiris returns to the world.... He spoke another word, and a mighty sandstorm came up and buried the tomb so that none might find it again. There it lies hidden for all ages against its finding by mortals. And there lies hidden the Book of Thoth, held safely by Nefrekeptah, his wife Ahura, and their son Merab. They stand guard over it and await the Day of Awakening, when Osiris shall return to the world once more." ("The Book of Thoth,"

The god Osiris was the central figure of the Egyptian ruling dynasties, and the golden sarcophagus of King Tut (below) was actually a representation of Osiris, who was the god that the king trusted in for eternal life. The Egyptians back then, and the highest initiates of Freemasonry today, actually believe that this figure will rise again to rule the world once more.

The Historical Osiris

So who was the historical Osiris? My research has taken me back to the time around 3100 BC, which is the date at the very origin of Egypt's First Dynasty. According to various Egyptologists the first pharaoh of Egypt at this time was a conquering king known as Narmer, whom many scholars equate with King Menes who is featured at the very beginning of Manetho's celebrated king lists of ancient Egypt. The famous Narmer Palette (right) depicts his conquest of Upper and Lower Egypt, along with decapitated bodies, various prisoners, and an execution scene where the king strikes an "Orion" pose, holding up a mace ready to crush the skull of a victim.

According to the ancient Greek historian Diodorus Siculus (Library of History, Vol. 3, 3:1–7), Osiris and his armies originally came from Ethiopia, the Biblical land of Cush. This is noteworthy because the time period of 3100 BC lines up with the great expansion of the Mesopotamian empire of Uruk, which is described in an article written by journalist Bruce Bower,

"[There is a] growing recognition among archaeologists that early Mesopotamian civilization experienced an unprecedented expansion between 3400 and 3100 B.C. The expansion occurred during the latter part of a phase called the Uruk period (named after the major city of the time)..." (“Civilization and its Discontents: Why Did the World’s First Civilization Cut a Swath Across the Near East?” Science News, March 3, 1990,

If we look to Mesopotamian records of this time we find that the builder of the city of Uruk is named in the Sumerian King List as King Enmerkar, who is the heir of a king who left Mesopotamia and established a base in a mountainous region across the sea. Historian David Rohl concludes that this king was Cush, who left Mesopotamia and established a base in the mountains of Ethiopia (the biblical land of Cush), while his heir, King Enmerkar of Uruk, can be equated with King Nimrod of Erech (Uruk). My conclusion is that Enmer-kar, Nimrod, and Narmer are similar names (N-M-R) for the same person whose life and death created the basis of the enduring pagan Dying God mythology.

In studying the accounts of Osiris as recorded by Diodorus Siculus I found that he was also credited with advancing into India and even establishing a few of his cities there. Turning to Indian (Hindu) histories we find the story of Krishna in the epic known as the Bhagavad Gita. Krishna appears as a foreign king instigating a great battle between Arjuna and the rest of Arjuna's family in the great Mahabharata War. Could Krishna be another historical version of Osiris? The dates certainly line up because Hindu scholars, after analyzing the ancient epics, have concluded that Krishna was killed in a "hunting accident" on February 18, 3102 BC, thirty-six years after the Mahabharata War.

These strange connections continue even into the New World, where we find Aztec (Quetzalcoatl) and Mayan (Kukulcan) versions of paganism's Dying God. We are all familiar with the Mayan Calendar by now, which ends on December 21st, 2012. However, for me the most interesting fact is its start date of August 13, 3114 BC. The Hindu's believed that the death of Krishna in 3102 BC marked the beginning of the epic period known as Kali Yuga. Did Mayan priests perform their own calculations from their memory of this Dying God to mark the starting point for their own calendar? In addition to these sources we find that the Septuagint chronology of Old Testament history places the career of Nimrod and the Tower of Babel exactly around the same time range of 3100 BC, give or take a few decades (see the calculations of Barry Setterfield). All of these connections to the time period around 3100 BC (in Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, Mayan culture, and in the Greek version of the Old Testament) seem beyond coincidental.

Conclusion

There is much more to the mystery of the "Dying Gods" than either the critics or the mainstream defenders of Christianity are willing to admit. Jesus was truly a historical figure. Even the vast majority of atheist scholars agree that He must have existed, and the deniers of the "Historical Jesus" remain on the fringe of the academic world. However, there is also a pagan "Savior figure" who appears on the historical record, who lived over three thousand years before Jesus. He ruled as a great conqueror in the ancient Near East and his legacy was remembered by every culture from that region, in some form or other. Over the millennia he truly did become the "hero with a thousand faces." But Jesus of Nazareth is not a part of this pagan "dying and rising god" mythology; He is the answer to it.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 am

I was reading in Dan's Thread this morning and the 144,000 topic came up. I thought about posting a reply there but decided it might be best I post it here.

The 144,000 is a number that many have latched hold of through the years. Many spin ideas around this number,and the ones spinning these ideas always seem to count themselves or their small group as being a member or the total of that 144,000.

The 144,000 number comes from Revelation 14 of The Bible. They are those redeemed(purchased) from among men,the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb(Jesus Christ) during that point in time.

They are referred to as "virgins" in Revelation 14 because they remained pure from the polluted system of antichrist. They will not be taken away by "The Lie". They do not bed themselves with antichrist.

Where I believe many people will never go is that there was a greater number of virgins at one point. They will lose their virginity by joining themselves with the antichrist. In other words,they have a falling away(apostasy)and latch onto "The Lie". They leave Truth and join "The Lie". These will now carry the mark/seal/number/name/in their minds of antichrist.

On the other hand the 144,000 have The Father's name written in their minds. They carry with them the seal/mark/name/number of God The Father. They remain a virgin and await The Bridegroom.

We are to remain a virgin,we are to remain a waiting bride,until The Bridegroom arrives. At that point the virgin bride marries The Bridegroom and becomes his wife.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 am

Hi ScaRZ.

That's a good description of the "144,000". Most (including me) simply explain that they are a special select group which prophecy says are composed of 12,000 people from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.

However your attention to their righteous purity helps further explain what their "specialness" is. I know that I could not be one of them.

Thanks

-------------------

BTW your posting of David Flynn's work led me to discover on-line copies of Sir Issac Newton's book.

"Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of St. John"

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16878

It is most fascinating. A brilliant man. I'm about a third way through.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello Jake,and thank you for dropping in.

Thanks for the link to "Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of St. John". I had a link in one of the threads that David Flynn posted at his forum a good while ago. I don't think many people realize how many years Sir Issac Newton devoted to his deep study of Biblical Prophecy.

I believe the 144,000 will be a living breathing small remnant during the worst of times. When that time comes they will be a bright light in a very dark world.

When that time comes an instead of spirit will flood this earth. What most believe is right will be wrong,and what most believe is wrong will be right.

Just like the two witnesses of Revelation. The world will see them through darkened blind eyes and view them as the bad guys.

IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks Scarz

Learn something new everyday always wondered how that got started. Can not say I believe in it but I am open to be wrong. I guess time will tell.
    IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I thought it would be better to post my reply to Admin,s post at Dan,s thread over here too. I just wanted to thank you for your reply. And say I too am very aware of many of the things planned behinds the scenes per say. Mostly because I am blessed to have a wife with abilities to know things many of us are not able to do. I have asked her if she would join this board but she says she feels those who would honor abilities are well on their path and have no need for her. And then there would some who would not believe her and she has no time for that.

Anyways because of what is planned we now live in a very rural area and have planned and prepared as much as possible to weather whatever turmoil happen. Again only time will tell.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:03 am

Hello IPFreely,so glad to see you post in this thread.

Are you the same IPFreely that hung out at OM and RU Forums a while back?

I really wish your wife would decide to join and post here at the new OMF. I would really love reading what she has to offer. I learned a long time ago it is difficult laying your heart open for all to see,but I believe it bears more gold than thorns in the long run. It all reminds me of the first stroke of an artist brush on a canvas is the hardest. Once that first stroke is made all others follow with a freedom from concern.
    IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 pm

I Scarz yep it the same IP from when OM first started so long ago. I wanted you to know my wife read your reply and wanted me to thank you for the invitation. I think maybe if she could have a thread to bring some spiritual discussion to OM that would be great. What do you all think?
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:30 pm

I think that would be a great thing IP. This forum is just in it's new born infancy and your wife would be a welcome member.
    IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks Scarz I do believe she has made the decision that she would very much like to contribute to our group. She has many insights I feel will be a blessing to this group. I would like to give an example of her abilities (some would call it a gift but in all honesty we niether find it as such but she knows that the knowlge she recieves that it is her duty to share with all who care to recieve it) The example of one vision she had in the past was a vision of seeing many black people dead on a street but they were covered in white dust and did not understand what that meant. I as her partner suggested that it sounded as if these may be bodies after a building collapse covered in concrete dust. This vision happened 2 weeks before the earthquake in Haiti. So take it as you will, she does not always know what her visions mean at the time but this is just one examble of what come to her amoung other things. I will PM Cy about getting a thread for her going here. I know she would be a great contribution here.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 am

Jesus Christ was sent by The Father to do The Will of The Father. Jesus Christ did not come to do his will,but The Father's. Jesus Christ came right to the point when he said he could do nothing on his own.

Jesus Christ never said he was The Father.

John 6:38-39

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 8:26-30

I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

As he spake these words, many believed on him.

John 5:30-31

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

What is written about two or more witnesses? Even in the Book of Revelation we read that there will be two witnesses......."Not just one."

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. (Revelation 11:3)

Jesus Christ was very clear on this point in The Gospels.

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. (Matthew 18:16)

John 8:16-18

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Jesus Christ prayed not to himself,but to The Father.

John 17:1-8

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received the, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Jesus was very clear when he told his disciples in Matthew 28:18....."All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

The Greek word for power is "exousia"= authority or, delegated power. A delegated power sends or authorizes someone to do something as a representative.

A great example of this is John 1:12....."But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

Who is it that gives the delegated power to Jesus Christ?......."The Father". This is very clear in John 14:28....."Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."

John 8:54....."Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:"

2John 1:3....."Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love."

Only the Father knows the day and hour, if Jesus is The Father,then why doesn’t He know?

Mathew 24:36....."But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Jesus will be subject to God The Father, and put all things under God The Father once all enemies are put under his feet.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:18 am

Man after my heart.... The Red Letters.....

B-ScaRZ,

Yes, His teaching was succinct. He was not G-d/YHWH. He is Son.

And so too, He has given us, that we might be called Sons of G-d.

Pray not to the Son, Pray not to an Apostle, Pray not to the many Saints, Pray not to Mary.... Pray ONLY to the Father.

This is only right way.

Any other edict is false. The 'Son' has spoken and told it so.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 am

Jake Reason wrote:

Pray not to the Son, Pray not to an Apostle, Pray not to the many Saints, Pray not to Mary.... Pray ONLY to the Father.

You are dead on Jake. Too many people get caught up in "Traditions of Men" and lose the very words that were spoken by The Lord Jesus Christ.

I read this yesterday from Isaiah and it certainly hit home for me. Very easy now for the strong delusion of the latter days to be seen much clearer.

Isaiah 66:3-4

He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

2 Thessalonians 2:11

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am

Yes, a two edged sword.

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:08 am

Here is something Michael Heiser posted a while back in his blog. This is something I've talked about for a long time. I believe demons are not fallen angels or fallen Sons of God.

I quote Michael Heiser..................." In the Bible, the sons of God are never called demons, nor are fallen angels called demons. The Bible offers no explanation for the origin of demons. Jewish literature (like Enoch) say that demons are the spirits of dead nephilim. When a nephilim was killed in 1 Enoch the “inner spirit” of the nephilim that survived is called a demon. These spirits are also called Watchers a couple of times, like their fathers (the biblical sons of God). That may be where the mistaken connection is made (I say mistaken because the original offending sons of God are not called demons). These lines get blurred in translation (Aramaic vs. Greek) since some translators took no care to maintain distinctions."

I believe what is really going on has been in front of our eyes for thousands of years. The problem is that humans look in every direction other than the one that contains the truth.

I believe the majority of people today dismiss the demons,evil spirits,foul spirits,devils,unclean spirits that are a huge part of scripture.

I have talked to many Christians who can believe it took place "Back Then" when Jesus Christ was ordering them to come out of people,but for some reason they slam the door on any of it for our time today.

Did the demons just decide one day to close up shop?

Did The LORD lock all of them in the Abyss or destroy them?

I've never found anywhere in scripture that demons aren't just as active today as they were "Back Then".

In what point in scripture can we find that Sons of God can no longer have free will to give up their first estate and enter our earthly realm?

Once again I see no scripture to support that it is over and done with.

Any messenger or entity that comes to any of us and will allow you to worship or serve them in any fashion is 100% in the dark forces camp.

I'm going to say this again......"All of us are in a spiritual war." Just because some of us are believers and followers of Jesus Christ does not keep us on the sidelines......."Just the opposite."

Why are we instructed to put on the armor of God if we are exempt?

When we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior The Adversary will do anything to make our lives a living hell if he can. He will try everything to get us doubting and in a very short time have us so completely worthless,we sow no seed,and without the sowing of seed we produce......."No Fruit."

We are to always be warriors for the faith. The devil is coming to sift all of us.

Two of the great verses of scripture are in Luke 22 when Jesus is with his disciples at the last supper. Read what Jesus tells Peter about Satan (The Adversary).

Luke 22:31-32

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Satan is going to come after Peter and find every weak spot he has. Jesus has already prayed for Peter to give him strength that his faith will not fail him. Once Peter has endured and turns back the devil he is to be the one The Lord trust to strengthen the other disciples.

There is no weakness in overcoming. When one overcomes he gains strength to help strengthen others.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Here is a link to a PDF of George Hawkins Pember's 1876 book "Earth's Earliest Ages". Tom Horn has been posting some articles on the book for it's recent reprint.

http://ar2.podbean.com/pb/4dbf0f9f1a5cde96960409f0e91f5fc8/5048ef1e/ar2/blogs18/260474/ebook-earthsearliestages_pember.pdf

Earth's Earliest Ages can be a tough read,but some may find it worth the effort.

Here are a few words Tom Horn wrote about the book and why it might strike some interest.

Originally written in 1876 as an answer to the then rising philosophy of Theosophy which gave birth to the modern New Age and New World Order movements, "Earth's Earliest Ages" is much more than that. You can consider this a classic, yes the classic on topics that have to do with the Biblical account of the time of creation to Noah's Flood. And, no, this is not you average "Creationist" idea or cowardish knee-fall to the theory of evolution.

In fact, G.H. Pember explains in a way which can even be understood in today's English how the Bible tells us that the famous words "In the Beginning" do not refer to what is usually called the first creation day. In other words, there is a huge amount of time between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.

Earth's Earliest Ages

http://survivormall.com/EarthsEarliestAges.aspx
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 am

Nick has posted a lecture on the book and I thought some people might enjoy the videos.

Nick Redfern offers us a different spin concerning what's really happening with UFO's, and who certain think tanks in the DOD think they really are.

Final Events and the Secret Government Group on Demonic UFOs and the Afterlife

by Nick Redfern

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhHNEg-QHdk&feature=relmfu

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NlwoAErq2ws

Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HMawKNDXGng

Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7mttodzFaI&feature=relmfu

The Books of Nick Redfern

http://nickredfernsbooks.blogspot.com/

Nick Redfern Bio

http://www.nickredfern.com/?page_id=2

UFOMystic-Nick Redfern

http://www.ufomystic.com/author/nick/
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 am

I came across this video about Howard Pittman's near-death experience a good while back and one afternoon decided to listen to it. After I listened to it I found the material online and read it also. Some of it reminded me of "Fore's" written material on demons and the higher entities.

I tried my best to just listen to the video and not let some of my thoughts or beliefs get in the way. I've read and listened to other near-death experiences and everyone of them are different. In some areas they are very close and in other areas they are far different. Very few of them that I've read go the direction of dark forces in the mix.

As I mentioned,some of Howard Pittman's near-death experience reminded me of "Fore's" writings. The ability of the entities to be close around us all the time. The spirit world that's more real than even believers would ever think is true. I certainly believe the vast majority of people who say they believe in a spirit world think of it little more than entertainment. Even as full as The Bible is with the spirit world I would say few view it as much more than outdated myths and fairy tale legends.

Howard Pittman's Near-Death Experience

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivgDck1l88&feature=player_embedded

Written Material

http://www.wattpad.com/85091-placebo-by-howard-pittman?p=1
    IPFreely

Post by IPFreely Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Reminds me of a account i read many years back. From what I remember this man found himself in a darkened place leaning downhill. He heard voices beckoning him to move downward and as he did it got darker and he began to feel people tearing at him, he then was told this is what you face if you continue as you have. then he was revived. if was true I do not know and it was so long ago I have no idea where I read it. But I did find it interesting not the normal seeing the light story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am