Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 am by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
pman35
skaizlimit
Bard
Cyrellys
dan
Jake Reason
GSB/SSR
11 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

And for the insane, or other wise, we present:

Schroedinger's Cat is not Alone

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.4206v4

Beatriz Gato, Beatriz Gato-Rivera
    (Submitted on 23 Apr 2010 (v1), last revised 31 Mar 2011 (this version, v4))
    We introduce the `Complete Wave Function' and deduce that all living beings, not just Schroedinger's cat, are actually described by a superposition of `alive' and `dead' quantum states; otherwise they would never die. Therefore this proposal provides a quantum mechanical explanation to the world-wide observation that we all pass away. Next we consider the Measurement problem in the framework of M-theory. For this purpose, together with Schroedinger's cat we also place inside the box Rasputin's cat, which is unaffected by poison. We analyse the system identifying its excitations (catons and catinos) and we discuss its evolution: either to a classical fight or to a quantum entanglement. We also propose the BSVΨ scenario, which implements the Complete Wave Function as well as the Big Bang and the String Landscape in a very (super)natural way. Then we test the gravitational decoherence of the entangled system applying an experimental setting due to Galileo. We also discuss the Information Loss paradox. For this purpose we consider a massless black cat falling inside a massive black hole. After that we outline a method to compute the contribution of black cats to the dark matter of the universe. Finally, in the spirit of Schroedinger, we propose that next generation double-slit experiments should use cats as projectiles. Cat interferometry will inevitably lead to the `Many Cats' interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, allowing to shed new light on old mysteries and paradoxes. For example, according to this interpretation, conservative estimates show that decision making of a single domestic cat will create about 550 billion whole universes every day, with as many replicas of itself.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:26 am

July 16, 7pm AKDT------ enroute from Ketchikan to Bellingham

The problem is to explain the universal present. I suggest that nothing else points more directly to the universal unity of consciousness. And, yes, this would include the sentient as well as the sapient creatures.

I.e. there is a common Source to all sentience. But what about the eternality of that Source? This points to the special creation of time.

The present must also be a presence.

July 17------ no port of call today. We have short stretch of open ocean below Price Is.

The many worlds of quantum theory (MWI/QT) points to the problem of simultaneity and unity of space-time. Descartes and Lorentz provide us with only the very shallowest sense of this problem. Solipsism, zombies and the twin paradox point to a much deeper problem of monism v. pluralism.

Before global communication, what held the world together. How could Columbus have discovered America and expected that he would be in the same space-time frame as the natives? Most folks thought he would fall off the edge, and, ontologically speaking, he should have.

All of this points to the confusion of ontology and epistemology. How can there be one without the other? And how do sapience and sentience manage to share the same space-time manifold. Or why is the manifold also monofold?

Before there can be many, there must be One. This should be a logical truism, but how easily we forget.

And what about non-sentient life-forms, plants, and rocks and atoms? How do they manage to reside in our spacetime frame? Plants are self-organizing. They must have an internal organization. Their atoms must coordinate in a vitalistic sort of way. What about the air we breathe? We have to incorporate it, but it must be mutual. The identity of atoms speaks to their organicity. And that identity speaks to the larger monism. Are the circulations the cause or effect of this monism?

The ontological problem is not the connections.... rather it is the separation.

The agglomeration and separation of atoms is maintained via relativistic effects and forces. This is the same relativity that makes an issue of simultaneity.

And what about numbers? What space do they inhabit, and how do they maintain their exclusivity and inclusivity? Is it ontic or epistemic? Thus do we have the contention between the Platonists and the constructivists. What are the respective roles of zero and infinity? Is the one any less problematic than the other? And then there is Godel, where the ontic meets the epistemic.

Wigner's UEM speaks to all of the above. And we also have the unreasonable effectiveness of the Logos. The Logos is how we put things back together, post-Babel. Truth is the antidote to analysis. Metanarative.

And then there is Quine's holism. There is also the holism of the Mandelbrot, and Euler's identity. And let us not forget the holographic horizon problem.

And what was that about Aristotle? It was about teleology and vitalism. Plants partake of both. Atoms partake of normativity, as do numbers.

Panpsychism is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Srinivasa speaks to this. How did we get so mislead? Strong deception and great Apostacy. Self-concealment. Why the drama? We have to sleep in order to wake.

We have to be lost in order to be found. Ground and being have to switch. There does have to be antithesis. The norm and the abnorm must switch. Did Aristotle understand this? How did we manage to forget? How did we get to the materialist slumber? Gestalt and holism are synonymous. Gestalts can't evolve, they can only switch. Monism entails such a master dichotomy. Why did we forget this? Does continuity entail discontinuity? That is not totally clear.

2:50---------

Can there be a figure without a ground? Can they switch roles? Under what circumstances may they or must they switch?

There is topological duality in homological algebra. There is some aspect of this duality in the Fourier transform, and also in projective geometry.

There is a necessary duality between Creator and Creation. Btw subject and object, or self and non-self. Atoms and void.

Aristotle has no atoms, but he does have elements. The mechanics of atoms obviate the teleology. Was that their main function.... to avoid vitalism.? Why that avoidance? Atomism had no traction until modern times.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Dan,
    "monism vs pluralism" flies, but the sort of converse (for lack of proper term) cannot be "vs" but has to be "and", as in "pluralism and monism" ... at least while postulating a dominance to the first position in the syntax.

The major part of your blog gets me to wondering about what happens when God takes away our training wheels.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:58 pm

We never got to Canada on the Alaskan trip, so we are now headed to Victoria on the Black Ball car ferry from Port Angeles.  Then to Friday Harbor via Sydney.

Skai,

There cannot be a pluralism without an overriding monism.  This is because the epistemic correlates with the ontic reality.  This is to say that with God, ontic = epistemic.  Do you disagree?

Actually, I had not thought of this last argument, until just now. I wonder if it might be turned around to be a Kalam type argument for God?
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Awesome, Dan!!! In that pluralism cannot exist without monism implies that pluralism proves monism. Thus, the polytheists serve to prove that there is only one God.

Port Angeles: In 1971 I drove there from Davis, CA in my pick up truck with my dog and a large bag of Purina Dog Chow ... and $7 cash plus my BoA acct book. After camping in the woods for a few days, I went into Port Angeles to withdraw money to buy gasoline and food, only to discover that there were no interstate banks at that time.

It took me a week to arrange for BoA Davis to get the money to me. A. I recall checking each day at the post office for the letter from them with the money (no recall as to why this was), and in the meantime found myself chowing down on dog chow ... not too bad except for the tiny flakes of metal ... guess it would've been the magnesium part of the formulation, and a giant can of mixed veges. Lotsa fun wandering around in the forest ... discovered a pristine lake ... no one else out there.

B. Beginning to apprehend a possible glitch in the arrival of my money, I talked to a local banker, who charged me only $4.50 to call my bank and have them wire it via western union ... just up the street. I got the cash within about two hours.

Lesson: Do not be dodo bird next time. But, otherwise I likely would not have spent so much time hiking around in a really great forest with perfect weather.

Cosmology on this past event: I think I had begun reading the Bible (King James era English, and with an Apocrypha ... guessing Anglican, as the Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible has those books integrated into the Old Testament and not a separate section, but I'm not sure of this history of Bibles).
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:37 pm

July 19, 5pm ------- waiting for the ferry from Sydney to Friday Harbor.  It was a short stay in Canada.  Victoria is a beautiful little town.  We are getting some serious sunshine.  

Monism has always been the default ontology.  Pluralism is a strange beast, born of taking analysis and atoms too seriously.  Or it is from taking space and time too literally.  But, by the same token, what is to separate the separate times or spaces?  Such separation is assumed in the theory of multiverse and in the many-worlds interpretation (MWI) of quantum theory.  I wonder how this notion of absolute separation ever got started.  

If one thing can be divided, can it not logically be rejoined?  Are space and time absolute and eternal?  How many eternities can there be?  Does the question even make sense?  

Can there exist two things that are spaceless and timeless?  Can there exist an unobservable?  In theory?  In practice?  Might something that is unobservable become observable, contingently?  Like this universe, supposedly?  Suppose all records disappear.  Would that make a difference?  

The above questions do seem to beg for a CTC.   Otherwise, time is arbitrarily discontinuous.  This would be occasionalism on steroids.  

Skai......
    ..... in that pluralism cannot exist without monism implies that pluralism proves monism. Thus, the polytheists serve to prove that there is only one God.
    Most of the ancients had this figured out.  Pluralism was just a make-work program for the benighted.

The only possible separator is the Void, but how can a void ever be observed.  Instead, much more logically, we have the Ether.  It was this question that Einstein had to grapple with.

10:45 PDT----------

Paul Z argues concvincingly for an ether.  This is from the PoV physics.  I suppose there is a better philosophical argument.  One might think of the pleroma or sensorium.  

Was not Descartes the first to suggest a subject/object dichotomy?  It is hard for us to imagine otherwise.  The same goes for Newtonian space and time.  There is not an obvious logical connection.  The juxtaposition begs a deeper ontology, nonetheless.

The ubiquity of holism argues against dichotomies and voids.  Mathematics should have something to say.  Are whole numbers atomic?  What would the constructivists say?  

Constructivism is a form of empiricism, if not subjectivism.  What would Plato say about the void.  Did the idea even occur?  It did to the Greek atomists.  What in Indian philosophy corresponds?

When Leibniz said that monads had no windows, he was pointing to the problem of how different beings could interact.  How could two beings become one?  With mechanical hooks?  One has to sense the other.  Causation has to be made fundamental.  Occasionalism must be considered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomism#Indian_atomism

Indian atomism comes from linguistics. Numbers come from logic, which comes from the Logos, which, in turn, must be living and whole.

Can the eternal also be living? It can be wholly organic. It must be?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 am

Looking at atomism, corpuscularianism, hylomorphism and elements.......

Was there any way to avoid the corpuscules? These were often used as a way to avoid teleology and hylomorphism.

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Now, Dan, Christian traditions would say, in response to the questions of void or ether, that the answer is Jesus Christ. I do not know how Catholic or other Christian intellectuals have addressed this problem though.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 am

Skai,

More technically, we may say that the answer to the atomic void is the Logos.  

In retrospect, we should have been paying more attention to this ancient, naturalist/mechanist gambit.  It was the forerunner of modern materialism.  In fact, it is virtually indistinguishable from its modern version.  

It is frequently noted that belief in atoms excludes belief in God.  Much less frequently is it noted that belief in atoms excludes belief in everything besides atoms.  If this latter fact were more widely appreciated, materialism and atomism would never have gotten off the ground in the first place.

3:50 PDT - enroute back to Baltimore, somewhere over ND

Some good articles on philosophy and science in SciAm and NYT.  Accidental Genius in SciAm.  More repercussions from Nagel's Mind and Cosmos are recorded in the Raw Data blog.  

It is not clear why we fell so completely for the atomic gambit.  It has always been a very slippery slope back into to bosom of Abraham.  It is so slippery that the atheists are forced into extreme reductionism.  And the fanatical members of that species become militant in their patrol of academia.  BTW, it was Mad Max who was trotted out in defense of atheism via mathematicism.  Pythagoras would roll over in his grave.  Spinoza would just shrug, perhaps.  Srinivasa would prove ten more theorems in his sleep.  

Atoms were supposed to be simple.  They are anything but.  We have to build billion dollar machines to probe them, and still don't understand how they work.  

Reductionism is an extreme from of metaphysics that is masquerading as pragmatism.  Pragmatism is academic grantsmanship protected by a know nothing secularism, which is the residue of Cartesian dualism spelled out in the polarization of postmodern politics.  

The MoAPS paces in the wings, as the rough beast slouches toward Bethlehem.  Is God oblivious?  Can she ever be other than that?  

No, I see no reason to suppose that God is oblivious.  The Earth becomes increasingly wired, on a daily basis, and more of us learn how to pull those wires, in that same time frame.  

If anyone is allowed to play brinksmanship, it ought to be God. Of course, I don't want to be embarrassed by waking up to blood flowing, up to a horse's bridle. Everybody would see how stupid I am. Well, their strong opinions would all be confirmed.

40' out of Baltimore....

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 am

Yes, by sheer logic, atoms must be granted some ontological traction, but it is a very slippery slope into atomic nihilism, which is where we still sit, academically.  How do we extricate ourselves from that ontological abyss without a MoAPS?  We can't.  And the more we try to resist that rough beast, the more are we ensnared in the Eschaton.

Everyone wants to have the MoAPS in dribs and drabs, but it is logically impossible to cut the whole into bite sizes.  Moby Dick is playing us, from the other end of that line.  Playing us for he suckers that we are.  Who wants to be sucked into the Maw of that great attractor?  No one that I know of.  

The national security boys and girls are getting their knickers all in bunch.  What can a body do?  

With academics, it is all about the Liliputianism of institutionalism.  Lovely stuff, that.  We end up with the lowest common denominator, which is precisely what atoms are, academically.  Nothing more, nothing less.  There is a gestalt switch waiting to happen.  

What is the shape (function?!) of that gooey stuff that is holding our atoms together? It is some sort of sky hook, but who wants to grab onto that cosmic third rail?

(cont.)
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:49 am

**It is not clear why we fell so completely for the atomic gambit. It has always been a very slippery slope back into to bosom of Abraham.** Nationalism vs the family.

"Blood as high as a horse's bridle" ... and running 200 miles: I once calculated the volume of blood using the image in the Book of Revelation, and then I calculated the amount of blood that would be contained in all the babies ever aborted in our era ... very similar volumes of blood.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Skai,

Atomism >> "Nationalism vs. family...."  

Brinksmanship and blood >> Abortion vs. Tribulation......

Atomism has been an essential facilitator of the industrial revolution, capitalism and globalism.  These trends have benefited much of humanity, but only up to the point of diminishing resources, which point may be imminent.  

The prospect of diminishing resources raises the stakes of territorial competition, e.g. nationalism and military conflict.  

Population pressure exacerbates the competition for diminishing resources.  

Birth control reduces population pressure.  Abortion is not always an insignificant aspect of fertility reduction.  

Jesus says woe be unto those who are with child or give suck in those days, refering to the endtimes.  It does seem that Jesus is not, thereby, advocating increased fertility, as was the case in Genesis.  

Times change, and so do our divine covenants and dispensations.  

It may be, Skai, that I am wrong about the BPWH.  If I am right, however, that MoAPS will constitute a new and final dispensation, which is known as the Millennium or God's Kingdom.  I am pointing to that new dispensation, wherein the spiritual aspect of existence will supplant the material aspect, up until our Resurrection.  

But, Skai, you seem to have no clue about the historical significance of paradigm shifts.  What do you make of the Copernican Revolution, for instance?  

I need to review the Catholic view of the Second Coming and the Millennium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Coming#Catholic_and_Orthodox ....
    Orthodox layman Alexander Kalomiros explains the original Church's position regarding the Second Coming in River of Fire and Against False Union, stating that those who contend that Christ will reign on earth for a thousand years "do not wait for Christ, but for the Antichrist." The idea of Jesus returning to this earth as a king is a heretical concept to the Church, equated to "the expectations of the Jews who wanted the Messiah to be an earthly King." The Church instead teaches that which it has taught since the beginning—Christ will not return to earth, rather the Kingdom of Heaven, the New Jerusalem, will be established through the Resurrection of the dead.
    Hmmm......

Yes, Skai, Chiliasm/Millennialism has be considered a heresy amongst the orthodox, since early in the third century.  It was considered a form of gnosis.  

And then this..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism#Reformation_and_beyond
    The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism.
    The Church's antagonism to Millennialism only stiffened, as part of its Counter-reformation posture.  

Wow, Skai, those are fighting words!  Clearly, then, I am on the side of the Antichrist.  

But, OTOH, if we take the Catholic/orthodox position seriously, the entire concept of Eschatology is rendered incoherent.  There is no reason to posit an end of history.  Irrationalism becomes the only antidote to millenarian enthusiasms, which tend to lead to insurrectional armed conflict.

Why should an infinite God create a finite world, for instance?  We, moderns, have a very hard time finding any rationale for such.

The entry on Amillennialism points out that this is the received view amongst all the major Christian denominations and traditions.  Chiliasm remains the primary driver of sectarianism in the Church.  Secular utopianisms follow suit.  

Chiliastic enthusiams have, historically, been the prime vehicles for rabble rousing.  

Do I look like a rabble-rouser?  Why am I an apocalypticist?  Does it have something to do with apocatastasis?  I'm thinking that it might.  

Yes, Redemption is incoherent, if it does not apply to Creation generally.  Creation implies a cosmic separation, but not if time is integral to that creation.  This is the source of human confusion.  It is our confusion wrt the derivative aspect of time, and the origin thereof.  

Space and time are the source of all alienation.  Creation necessitates
    alienation.  Alienation is the Source of evil.  But doesn't this imply that nature is evil?  

Well, Nature is the necessary veil between us and God.  It separates us from the Attractor.  The Apoalypse is, literally, the rending on the cosmic Veil.  Where does this leave the tree huggers and dog lovers?  It may put them right back on Noah's Ark.  Not that there should be anything wrong with that.  That is how we complete our cosmic CTC.  This could appear to be a separation, in itself.  

It turns out that very few of us are turth seekers.  How many truth seekers does it take to find the truth?  Maybe only one.  What does that one do?  Well, it would seem that this would land firmly in the realm of Providence.  No?  

7pm EDT----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypticism#Christian_apocalypticism ...
    The apocalyptic preaching of John the Baptist and the Apostles is well known and accepted as historical by religious and secular scholars due to extensive extra-biblical historical accounts of their lives. However, the apocalyptic message of Jesus as expressed in the synoptic gospels is much less well known. Jesus' apocalyptic teachings are usually not emphasized in Christian religious education. However, some secular scholars believe that Jesus' apocalyptic teachings were the central message Jesus intended to impart, more central even than his messianism.
    Hmmm....... How will Skai take this bit of news?

(cont.)
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Dan, but Jesus equated Himself with the Kingdom of Heaven: "I am the way, the truth, and the life". He also tells us that "the Kingdom of God (Heaven, depending on which Gospel) is among you". "I am the bread of life", He says.

Perhaps the end of history is not an issue for the Church because, as I've tried to point out, Jesus is already "here" (already AND not yet). He has arrived and yet He has not arrived (let the Budhists figure this one out, since all they ever talk about is a tea cup that never fills although it is ever being filled).

St John's Gospel and Letters are considered to be the most "spiritual" ie least "feet on the ground" of the Gospel accounts. His writings are packed more than tightly with profound mystery.

Paradigm shifts: God is total action, which is why there is no time "there"; man uses time to deal with his constant paradigm shifts, both the little daily ones (St Theresa of Liseaux) and epochal (+Charles Heston).

Dan, I certainly do not see you as part and parcel of the anti-christ. I do not see why God would protest our searching for truth, realtiy, happiness, betterment of mankind through artificing materials, helping the poor ("The poor shall always be with us").

Despite abortion, contraception, gayness, celibacy, war, disease, famine, death by handgun in Chicago, and whatever ... despite all this, the global population is rising rapidly. My suggestion is to end abortion and contraception and love our neighbors as ourselves ... and watch how the BPWH becomes more clear. Will this ever happen? Are the present global horror spectres cyclical or heading up a box canyon? I don't know; but my response to this question is to be ready at any moment for eternity.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:42 am

Skai,

I find no fault in any of your beliefs.  Nonetheless, here we both are, for the nonce, so what do we do?  

I have been carrying on an eschatological soliloquy since my Sophia encounter in 1977.  Over the past several years you and I have had many conversations on this topic, you representing my loyal opposition.  

I appeal to you, on behalf of national security, at the least, to help me keep an open channel of eschatological communication, here on OM.  

This might be seen as a part of contingency planning, something in which intelligence communities often specialize.  This particular contingency, however, is not one in which the IC can formally engage, due to its metaphysical nature, and so we have the peculiar outreach process, as represented over the years by the R&D show.  

Yes, my presence on OM is somewhat that of the proselyte, but that should not be seen as its primary thrust.  The primary thrust is that I am simply an (opportunistic?) agent of cosmic contingency.  I keep both open and contained the eschaton contingency.  

IOW, if I were not here preaching the eschaton, i.e. occupying this communicational niche, there could be other, even less desirable,  interlopers.  The devil we know is better than the one we don't, and I am, at least, a devil's advocate in the arena of futurism.  

It is very understandable why the PtB do not play the role of rabble rousers, particularly with regard to things eschatological.  This is playing with fire, and, in their stead, I am the designated matchboy, in as much as such may ever be so designated.  

Your continued loyal opposition could be most helpful in several of these regards.  

I am not arguing that amillennialism is not a worthy cause.  I only note that amillennialism is the necessary default position of the PtB, in all eras, and come hell or high water.  They do not need my input, in that regard.  Mine is a much more narrow, opportunistic focus.  Anyone is welcome to hang around and engage as they so choose.  I am ok with soliloquy, but it is not an optimal mode of communication.  

But wouldn't one think that, if God gave a fig about eschatology, she could arrange for there to be more such interlocutors, right here on OMF II?  There was that on OMF I, but it was mostly hostile and unproductive.  Anything was better than that.  

Can we not both admit, Skai, that, for better of worse, in the prophetic tradition, prophecy has been focused upon a Kingdom come?  This is a no-brainer.  Yes?  

As one result of all the prophesying, you, for one, proclaim that '... my response to this question is to be ready at any moment for eternity.'  

This is no small boone, now, is it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjRXGqRofE4 .

And, yes, so do the vest wearing jihadis, bless their stifled hearts.  It is like playing with fire.  It is waving a red flag in front of an enraged bull.  

In these regards, the PtB have been given an offer they can hardly refuse...... give Chicken Little an inch, and see if he can take two.  On a good day, I can maybe stretch that to three inches.  

No, Skai, I have not been granted any super powers.  At best, I have been granted the unusual dispensation of being motivated to pursue a very elusive truth, no matter how far that might stretch any normal credulity.  This makes me one of God's many fools, albeit one with an interesting connection with the PtB.  But, without timely input from the Cosmic PtB (Cptb), this show will only ever be a curious historical footnote.  This does put me right up there with Tim McGraw's friend.... I must suppose that everyone with whom I interact could be a Cptb messenger.  It does keep us on our toes.  'Fu Man Chu'?  Catch a tiger by the tail?  

All I have to do is keep an eye on the price of gas and the T-bill futures.  Can we suppose that God is not also watching the signs?

If we are at the end of material progress, as enabled by cheap energy, then life is liable to revert to its default state of being nasty, brutish and short.  

Does God want such a reversion?  Perhaps he does, but I choose to believe and act otherwise.  If Creation was intended to be finite, there must be preordained limits to growth.  Should we cease our search for technological solutions?  Of course not.  

I am not here to forestall or foreswear technology.  But, like Fermi, I do wonder where THEY are.  

Unlike Fermi, or anyone else, I do possess the only rational answer to that question.  They have come.  The UT's have come, and they have intitiated preparations for the Earthly advent of God's Kingdom, to be followed by the Resurrection.  There is no other way to make sense of human history, right up until the present.  We are on the Brink, and God is both authorized and obligated to play brinksmanship.  We would have it no other way.  If Chicken Little has a role to play therein, then so be it.  All I'll have to do is act natural.  WYSIWYG.  

noon--------

Yes, sports fans, there is a prophetic tradition, and it has had greater impact on human history than anything else.  That tradition was an essential component to the initiation and outworking of the Scientific era.  When that Era reaches its natural culmination, the prophetic tradition will simply reclaim what has been its rightful legacy.  

If I am here for any reason at all, then I am the Repo man.  Get over it, get used to it.  This denouement has been written in the stars, from all eternity.  Once we were lost, now we are found.  We have met the Other, and it is Us.  We come to know oursleves for the first time.  

This, IMHO, was the only eternal message in the advent of Jesus.  Other things that Jesus said pertained to more temporal matters.  I am here merely to set that record straight.  This is the Logos.  It is written on our hearts.  We have only to allow the Logos to emerge at the end of history.  This is God's rule.  The Logos is Agape.  It is the cosmic Gold.  It is our Transubstantiation, our final Communion.  

The only thing standing between us and the Logos is our obsession with things atomic.  We will rediscover Aristotle, who has always pointed to our trans-atomic Hiway.  That Telos is now our Logos.  That Logos is now our Telos.  It is just that simple, sports fans.  

This is the ancient axis of Athens and Jerusalem.  This is the cosmic fulcrum.  What then are we to make of the rest of history?  

Should we fault God for having been so focused, historically?  How else is a god of history to operate, other than historically, i.e. in a timely and geographical fashion?

Should God apologize to all those at a further remove from this Axis?  

No.  I submit, rather, that God, when the time is ripe, deploy the Logos at the speed of light..... from sea to shining sea.  If Chicken Little can, in any way, facilitate that deployment, then fine.  This is why I am premillennialist, Skai.  I don't think that God wants anyone to miss this golden and global opportunity to participate in our own Salvation.  This is how we can all enjoy the fruits of our many and mighty labors, God willing.  

So, yes, if atoms hadn't already existed, we would have had to invent them.  Yes, the Greeks, and the Hindus, etc., well understood the atomic aspect of the Logos.  The atoms would be our stairway to heaven.  That we embraced Atomos, to the exclusion of Logos/Telos, well, once again, we have an example of felix-culpa.  This is all about God's obligation toward Self-concealment.  He done a bang-up job.  No??  

Atoms are to the Logos, what numbers are to mathematics.  No more, no less.

Srinivasa is to mathematics what Jesus is to the Logos.... his intuition worked on steroids.  Does this mean that Jesus was not the Son of God?  No, it just means that God has an historical footprint.  Was Aristotle not also the Son of the Logos?  Well, yes, Aristotle was a finger in the pie.  I mean, we might all have lesser obligations, but every last one of us embodies that ultimate potency.  Sometimes we forget, so sometimes God has to put her foot down, just to remind us of that potency.  

What is the nature of that potency.  Does it belong to Jesus?  Or did Jesus bequeath it to us?  Jesus had to own it, just so that he could bequeath it.  

Hey, sports fans, it's personal, all the way down, and all the way up.  Should we thereby apologize to trees and dogs.  No.  It is simply that we have obligations that they do not.  

Pantheism, historically, is a peculiar attempt to outsource these obligations.  Pantheism, on its face, is just a cosmic communalism.  But it has no face.  Only we can save face.  God outsources her face saving to you and me.  Let's get over it.  Let's get beyond it.  

ISIS, even in Raqqa, insists on the facelessness of women.  What are we to make of this historical curiosity?  Once we were naked before God.  Was God a nudist?  Shame is ours.  There is ample room for facelessness in tweeting.  I am not here to dictate personal norms.  In the End, we go naked into the bosom of Abraham.  

But, yes, the subjugation of women has had everything to do with our 'excess' fertility.  In these Endtimes, that fertility becomes problematic, and so does the facelessness of women.  What more can anyone say?  

Will ISIS withstand the Logos?  Do they attempt to facilitate that Advent?  Not one of us can withstand the implosive force of the Great Attractor.  The more you resist, the more you are entangled.  

2pm-----------

What else might matter?  

Does anyone doubt that the global psyche has been wired?  

Does anyone doubt the global significance of MH17/370?  

Does anyone doubt the eschatological significance of 9/11?  

Are these incidents not very likely to be the fine-tuning for that Apocalypse?  For the shot to be heard 'round the world?  We've got Mail!  

All we are missing is the rude bridge that arched the flood.  The Arab Spring?  Apres moi, le deluge.  

Yes, truth will prevail, and will set us free (8:32).  

Atoms are the logical barrier to truth.  Aristotle saw that more clearly than any historical figure.  All we have to do is regain that intelligence.  

Everyone who denies the Truth will regret it, but only sufficiently to motivate their more fulsome embrace thereof, which I would hope to expedite.  

3pm-------

So, yes, I will soon be headed back to JHU to see about E2SHI.  That is my best shot at infamy.  Probably tomorrow.  And, yes, the main thrust will be Aristotle and teleology.  

I have spoken with the Princess, and I do have a call into the Foot Mann, FWIW.  And I have attempted to further provoke Anthony from his slumber of Satanism.  

4:50--------

I did have a 25' convo with WL. He is being paid to watch the banks. Neither of us knows how the next crash will be alleviated.

Does Ron have a plan for credit alleviation? If not, then what is the next step for R&D?

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 am

Here is a slight elaboration on the parallel between mathematical and chemical ontology.....

It has to do with constructivism in mathematics, q.v.  It is a kind of empiricism.  Infinite objects don't exist, because we cannot observe or construct them.  

6pm----------

Well, I did get somewhat diverted, mainly into the general philosophy of mathematics and language.  

Reductionism and atomism are almost nowhere in sight.  How then has atomism maintained such a hold on biology, to the total (political) exclusion of vitalism?  Yes, it is about a politics that goes far deeper than anything legislative or administrative.  Institutionalism, yes, but, still, only superficially.  It has everything to do with facing the existential abyss implied by the MoAPS.  It is a psychological no-man's land.  Fools rush in......

Would it not be smart to suppose that the (functional) ontology of atoms is contextual?  With QM, this should be a no-brainer, but some of the best minds in the world have been seduced by the image of Newtonian atoms, swerving the the dark.  They will not get over it without a shock, a shock that can only knock their socks off.  

8pm----------

It is one thing to say that atomism is washed up, it is another thing to say the end is nigh. This logical connection is precisely what has delayed the MoAPS for so long. It is much too late for baby-steps.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:03 am

The primary ontological question raised by the BPWH/SWH is how may we construct a coherent chain of being.  Neither the traditional great chain of being (GCB) nor Leibniz' monadology addresses this question.  The deeper issue is that raised in the metaphysics of occasionalism and by the skepticism of Hume wrt causation, generally.  

I am simply attempting to construct a coherent scheme of Relationalism.... to be is to relate, and the more related, the more real.  This is an ontology graded by relationality.  

But what can it mean for one thing to be more real than another thing?  

Well, take the case of atomism.  In atomism reality is confined to atoms.  Or, in the case of materialism, reality is the hegemony of matter, all else is subjective and illusory.  Physicalism is the modern equivalent of these ontologies.  

Or take idealism, whence reality is ascribed only to mind and thought.  

Pragmatism, functionalism and teleology come closer to a robust relationalism.  

Relationalism, IMO, implies the three former ontological schemes.  

To be more specific and more coherent, relationalism implies a cosmic attractor in the form of Agape/Logos.  This has always been the primary rationale behind Christianity.  

Yes, there is a chain of being, but it is something much more metaphysical than physical, as was envisioned up to the time of Darwin, or by theistic evolutionists.  

Although the BPWH is thoroughly immaterialist, pragmatism motivates me to ascribe some special status to physical entities.  Or, IOW, the great success of physics and biology does call out for explanation not, heretofore, provided by idealism.  

Leibniz' monadology does attempt some big steps in that direction, and my knowledge thereof is admittedly weak.  I will mainly have to make conjectures about the historical philosophical record, which conjectures I will attempt to correct or confirm, as time and wikipedia permit.  

The BPWH is an objective idealism, or, more accurately, a monistic subjective idealism, or a cosmic Personalism, i.e. it is thoroughly theistic.  

And..... this theism is strongly informed by pantheism, wherein, we, sapients, function in close analogy as or with the braincells of God, to put it instructively, but very crudely.  

Yes, you and I are the atoms or monads of God.  Wonderful, but where does that leave atoms?  

Here is where my pantheism comes to the fore.  You and I are co-Creators.  In fact, it will turn out that you and I are the primary agents of the Logos/agape.  God and atoms emerge from that Logos.  The Logos is just the cosmic Matrix, if you will.  Logos and Agape are the warp and woof of the cosmic tapestry, and then we and the atoms share, as exemplary monads, a certain status as primary nexi, within the warp and woof.  We are the knots in the cosmic tapestry, the pearls and beads on Indra's necklace.  God, then, is the cosmic Torus or CTC that includes all of Creation, as embedded in the agapic eternity.  All else is relatively, ontologically parasitic, thereupon.  

Atoms are a logical necessity, along with metabolism, to any kind of spatial existence.  Space provides a somewhat level playing field, for the monadic football game that we call life.  Newton succeeded in absolutizing that space and the atoms contained therein.  Relativity and quantum theory have made small emendations to that Absolute.  The BPWH turns the scientific/reductionist game on its head.  This is the MoAPS.  Resistance may be broken only in the face of an imminent global crisis.  It's only a question of in whose face must that crisis appear.  The logical guess would be the President....... well, Mr. President, in case of emergency, break the glass (ceiling?)!  Yes, Mr. President, let us not immanentize the eschaton, not when our lives depend upon it.  

Yes, perhaps we will muddle through...... but muddle through to what, and with what minimal guidance?  Must we continue to bite the hand that feeds us?  Does that never get old?  For how long must our necessarily secular government support and maintain the scientific pall of materialist orthodoxy?  Think about that, Mr. President?  Think about what would be the most 'harmless' bit of affirmative action you might take, relative thereto.  I could think of making one phone call.  Who, then, are you going to call?  Perhaps a Princess, just off the top....

Maybe, just maybe, it's time to awake to our higher calling.  

12:20--------

I have read some more reviews of Nagle's Mind book, and have downloaded Ervin Laszlo's Self-Actuating Cosmos.  They have rather similar views.  Both are resolute pantheists.  Theism is their third-rail.  They tip-toe around the problem or personhood and Creation.  Laszlo invokes eternal return.  

-------------
    Date: July 25, 2014, 1:48:39 PM EDT
    To: David
    Cc: Anthony, Ron, John, Paul, Bill L, Gary

Subject: Re: Jewish Supremists

David,

In times of global crisis, there will be rampant scapegoating.  Jews have often been such scapegoats.  Anthony operates in that arena.  Many years ago, I introduced Gordon Novel to Ron.  It turns out that Gordon took Anthony as a mentor, which may or may not have been related to Gordon's pyromaniacy relative to one or more synagogues in New Orleans.  

I, however, was not aware of Anthony, until Ron introduced us via email.  

Anthony and I share an interest in Judeo-Christian eschatology.  I am inviting Anthony to share with us his personal interpretation of the Apocalypse.  I believe that this insight might be helpful with respect to my participation at Grace Fellowship Church in Timonium.  

On Jul 25, 2014, at 12:29 PM, David wrote:

Dan I refuse to give this
    (*)sshole any air time! I would rather shoot him than listen to him! So please listen to me and stop including his moronic drivel!
    Is this the only person you can get a conversation going with ? You can do  better.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 25, 2014, at 9:15 AM, Dan Smith wrote:

Anthony,

When and how do you suppose that God will step in to liberate humanity from false teachings and false masters?

-----------

Anyway, Ervin, following Bohm, also a mentor of Jack S, invokes an explicate, manifest order and and implicate, Akashic order.

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:35 pm

"Jesus' apocalyptic teachings are usually not emphasized in Christian religious education."

On the contrary, this is part of the core teaching of the Catholic Church, as embodied in the Holy Mass. Those troubled by the Catholic Mass concept may like to consider that faith and reason are two different things. One can attempt to reason about the Mass, but only faith can bring the understanding. "Ask and you shall be answered, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you". This phrase implies a limit on human capacity, and also that God is willing to help bring us beyond this limit.
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:42 pm

In Washington DC, Northeast there is a Franciscan Monastery with both a replica Via Dolorosa (the path up to Calvary) aka The Stations of the Cross, and a catacombs through which tourists are guided by a monk. Both replicas help prepare the mind and heart and soul and strength for the Apocalypse event, found most poignantly on the days of the year that Catholics call Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday ... and followed by Easter Sunday aka the release from the grip of the terrors of the Apocalypse.

This is not complicated or hard to understand, in contrast to intellectual affairs such as physics ... which is why the Church has always used the term, "simple faith"; ie, what St Francis of Assisi was and is all about and why the present pope chose his papal name as Francis ... his reign focuses on the simplest and most puzzling and profoundly difficult of all acts of charity, namely helping the poor.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Skai,

May we assume that you are referring to the Pater Noster, the apogee of the Holy Mass?  Thy Kingdom come......

Pope Francis admonishes us to help the poor.  I find no fault there.  

But, Skai, both you and the Pope seem quite reluctant to couch our ethical behavior in any sort of apocalyptic terms.  Until such reference is made explicit, how can either you or the Pope hope to impact the human psyche wrt business as usual (BAU)?  

4:40-------

So Skai and I did have a 90' convo concerning catholicism and the endtimes.  There is quite a bit of room for maneuver, particularly wrt Pope Francis and his outreach to the poor.  It is all about business as usual, which may not live up to divine standards, and so may require an intervention of historic proportions.  

I have a call into Ron about the increased Russian involvement in the Ukranian crisis, as now being reported.  Do the Russians have apocalyptic intentions?  What exactly is their intention, if not that?  

It does seem that many in the Middle East do have such intentions, along with NK.  Do the Russians truly wish to join in that congregation?  

I simply would like to be reassured by Ron that the Ukrainian conflict is not liable to a significant degree of further escalation.  

If the Ukraine cannot be defended, what can be defended?  

Russia wishes to reexert its hegemony in Eastern Europe.  I don't think that should be allowed.  Where else to draw the line?  

And we do see that Pope Francis is scheduled to visit here next year. Perhaps the Princess will get to meet with him.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 am

Date: July 26, 2014, 11:41:23 AM EDT
    To: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike"
    Cc: Ron
    Subject: Re: Jewish Supremists Pt 2

Anthony,

In one breath you claim that God is both incompetent and inscrutable.

In your view, God has relinquished his Stewardship of Creation to Satan, allowing his once Chosen People to conspire to enslave the rest of us.

While denying the Holocaust of 6 million, you, instead, are proposing a Holocaust of 6 billion souls.

Having declared God to be incompetent and in-abstentia, you claim the authority to act in His stead, in regards to your plan of global Salvation.

Once again, we share a desire to act on behalf of God, and this is probably the reason that Ron has been maintaining contact with us. Now he has taken the next step of putting us in direct communication.

Thus it would appear, Anthony, that, presumably, in the interest of national and global security, you and I should compare and contrast our respective plans of salvation. No?

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:49 am

**But, Skai, both you and the Pope seem quite reluctant to couch our ethical behavior in any sort of apocalyptic terms. Until such reference is made explicit, how can either you or the Pope hope to impact the human psyche wrt business as usual (BAU)? **

Because Catholicism is not a law based religion but love is the essense of it. Therefore, there is no hard and fast ethical code, legal code, etc code, rule, regulation. This makes it hard to pin down, and perhaps this is the will of God. For law based religion we can find a selection of them easily. Perhaps also there are dna based religions (this thought just dawned on me).

On the Ukraine situation, I find favor with the current editorial by Pat Buchanan, Is Putin Worse than Stalin?
    http://buchanan.org/blog/putin-worse-stalin-6741
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:52 am

Dan, have you written anything on the "nature(s)" of extra terrestrials, ultra terrestrials, jinns, guardian angels, etc to see what might be a "common denominator" among these ... if any?
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:55 am

"Jinn" always gets me to whistling,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAjV8xH-gM
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Date: July 26, 2014, 2:36:29 PM EDT
    To: Ronald
    Cc: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike", Princess, [Skai].  

Ron,  

I thank you for this clarification.

I am not condemning Anthony for holding an 'alternative' view of the fate of the Jews in WWII.  This is not a topic that I have studied independently.  I should not have used the term 'denier' in this context.  It does not promote an even discussion.  

My concern, like yours, lies with the present and the future.  Both you and Anthony hold pessimistic views about human nature and about the future of humanity.  Both of you are far from supposing that God is exercising vigilance, and that there is a plan for our salvation that will be in accord with this world having been the singular and best possible Creation.  

I am hopeful that Anthony and I will discuss this matter in a way that will enable you and the Princess to give some further credence to this alternative worldview.

Dan

On Jul 26, 2014, at 12:39 PM, Ronald wrote:

Dan,

Through your communications with Anthony you have an opportunity to learn and develop a greater cosmic perspective.  He never denied that Jews were harmed by the Germans, French, Russians, and most other communities in Europe, Africa, Asia, and elsewhere, just that the claim of a Holocaust was intended to tamp down opposition to atrocities committed by Zionists in the years following the War. The scale of atrocities committed by Japan against civilians in China and Korea, Germany against civilians in Russia, and US and British forces against civilians in Germany and Japan dwarf the claims of a Holocaust against Jews.  The scale of atrocities committed by Japan against US prisoners of war stands in contrast to the respect and humanitarian aid offered by Germany to US Prisoners of war.  And of course the atrocities being committed by Zionists in Israel against occupied Palestinians is long term and ongoing.  It is the current Holocausts that deserve our action -- including those against wildlife -- not the atrocities committed by past generations.

While I am disturbed by the disrespectful comments Anthony made concerning my washing the garments of the Princess. (It is my duty as Footman to ensure her garments are clean, smell fresh, and in good order.)  It is your duty as Scribe to record the truth in both absolute terms and proper relative perspective.  Branding people as "deniers" is theatrical stunt used to evoke negative emotion among the feeble minded crowd.

V/r,

Ron
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:44 am

Date: July 27, 2014, 8:25:27 AM EDT
    Cc: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike", John S[Skai], David G, Paul Z, Bill L, Gary, Palmer, Sam

(cont......)

I am going to have to take you to task for another statement that you made in your email, yesterday.....

<< Through your communications with Anthony you have an opportunity to learn and develop a greater cosmic perspective. >>

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, or to wonder.... what is this guy (Ron) up to, now?  

I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  I will assume that you are being a highly paid agent provocateur, among various other things, who has finally seen fit to not slam the philosophical door in my face, as you have done on several previous, and noteworthy, occasions.  

You are going to have a more difficult time slamming that door, now that, after 20 some years, you have revealed that you were, for ten years, an adjunct professor of philosophy.  

That you should choose now to open this philosophical door, within a racially charged context, may not be too shabby, actually.

Going forward, into a time of global economic crisis, racism is liable to be the #1 problem facing humanity.  What witness do philosophy and cosmology have to bear on this problem?  

Well, I don't know about Anthony's cosmology.  If such does actually exist, I look forward to being enlightened thereupon.  

In my own cosmology, the BPWH/SWH, this subject has, quite admittedly, not received its due, up to this point in time.  Nonetheless, I will not play bashful.  That is not my protocol, now is it?

It is particularly on this topic that I part company with my pantheist brothers and sisters......

(cont......2)

Date: July 27, 2014, 9:20:38 AM EDT
    Cc: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike" and 7 others

(cont.....2)

(I note that Anthony, in the last few minutes, in his latest CRF group email, has partially responded to some of my earlier questions.  I will keep an eye on that chain of correspondence as I continue with this one.....)

I part company with the pantheists particularly in regard to transmigration.  Of all the evil in the world, the very idea of transmigration is likely to be one of our greatest challenges when it comes to rationalizing the history of ideas, in the context of this being the best possible world.  

I can and do rationalize the prevalence of the idea of transmigration, but only in an eschatological context.  In any other context, as with so many other manifestations evil or ignorant thought (sic), we might have to be fighting this idea with tooth and nail.  But not now.  Now, we can afford to excuse/redeem this measure of evil, along with all other such manifestations.  

Which brings us back to the question of the Holocaust.......

I propose to redeem the Holocaust, at once, from the perspective of both the skeptics and the believers.  And, it will not be rocket science.  

I doing so, I particularly invoke the notion of reincarnation, and, thereby, do I partially redeem the notion of transmigration, which may then be viewed as mainly just the collateral, philosophical damage resulting from the R(eincarnation)-bomb.  

(cont.......3)  

Date: July 27, 2014, 9:56:42 AM EDT

(cont.........3)

I am a monist.  Monism is the only ever coherent worldview.  In as much as Anthony or anyone else does not subscribe to monism, just by that much have they foresworn coherence.  

Is coherence the be all and end all of existence?  No, love is.  Coherence exists in its service to cosmic love.  

There are two great obstacles to coherence...... atoms and souls.  My mentor, Leibniz, was not, explicitly, a monist, he was a monadist.  Yet, he certainly did recognize a supreme cosmic Source.  To that extent, he and I are still in the same monistic boat.  

Back to the Holocaust and reincarnation.......

Who is in a position shake their fist at God, relative to the Holocaust or to any other instance of genocide, or simply mayhem?  Even Job was not in such a position.

Are atheists/materialists in any position to make a moral case wrt human evil?  No they are not.  On their own worldview, morals are merely window dressing, if even that is not affording too much 'substance' to moral thought, or to any thought whatsoever.

So, then, what is the complaint?  

We have here a prime instance of the problem of theodicy.  If God is good, why so much evil?  

In partial answer to this question, I turn the question to the future.

Is there presently a Jewish conspiracy to exploit the Holocaust to further a scheme of world domination, i.e. a Jewish Supremist plot, as suggests the title of this email thread.  

(cont.........4)

Date: July 27, 2014, 10:16:57 AM EDT

Subject: Jewish Supremacism

(cont........4)

If there exists anyone in the world who has never conspired with any second party to dominate any third party, then, quite frankly, we are looking for a non-human.  

Pecking order is all about conspiracy to dominate.  The mystic on the mountain?  How high is the mountain??

Of course, as most of you know, I am, allegedly, part of [a] two-person conspiracy to dominate the world.  For the past twenty years it has come under the rubric of the Ron&Dan show.  

And, in my quest to 'dominate' the world, I find the parallel Jewish conspiracy to be more than a little promising.  I would even go so far as to describe it as interesting.  

But, yes, just when things were beginning to get interesting, I have to head out to GFC/SfA, were I have been absent for the past three weeks......

Date: July 27, 2014, 3:30:08 PM EDT
    Subject: Re: Jewish Supremacism

(cont.......5)

So what, we ought to ask, is going on with those crazy Jews?  But which ones?  

It's the Jews on the hills in the West Bank.  That's what this is all about.  It is all about eschatology....... hurry, Lord!   Ron had never heard of eschatology, not until he ran into me, one fine day.  Nowadays, thankfully, it is a bit more difficult to be a professor of philosophy, and be able to claim that you never heard of the Eshcaton.  

Yes, I'm talking about the Israeli settlements being built outside the Green Line.  This is where the historical action is located.  What is going on in the global money markets is, of course, not unrelated to the settlement movement.  Its religious designation is Gush Emunim, or, more recently, Ne'emanei Eretz Yisrael which is a messianic Jewish cult devoted primarily to establishing these settlements.  

On the other hand, we have Hamas and ISIL.  Together, as Sunni organizations, they are bent on a world Caliphate, but mainly under the rubric of the return of the Mahdi, which carries a somewhat Shiite bias, historically.  In the (Islamic) End, Isa and the Mahdi will rule the world together.  I am not making this up.  

On the ground, we have the US supporting Israel.  Besides AIPAC, it is the Evangelicals who provide the primary political support for Israel, and so for Ne'emanei Eretz Yisrael.  

My understanding, Ron, is that Anthony is something of an eschatologist, in his own right.  Has Anthony not read the Bible?  Has he not read the Book of Revelation?  

Does Israel not have a role in the Endtimes, Anthony?  Where have you been?  

(cont.......6)

Date: July 27, 2014, 3:57:33 PM EDT
    To: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike" and Ron
    Cc: 7 others

(cont..........6)

It may sound, Anthony, as though I am rooting for Armageddon.  Well, I am rooting for an aboriginal Apocalypse, which is a rending of the Veil.  

Yes, I do hold God to certain standards of civilized behavior, despite all the evidence to the contrary.  

You, for instance, speak of a die-off of 6 billion, coming on or about 2030.  Most population/resource experts, of whom I am aware, would not be able to argue cogently against that estimation.  Ron, oracle that he may be, speaks of a 90% die-off, within that time frame.

I am about the only exception, within this informed cadre.  

I humbly suggest that God is simply playing brinksmanship.  Hey, Anthony, if I were God, I would want to be a drama queen, wouldn't you, wouldn't almost anyone?  

Yet, lo these last couple of millennia, God has been quiet.  God has been so quiet that many have concluded that God must be dead.  

But don't we all like surprises, once in a while, Anthony?  

I do think that God has a surprise in store for us, and I'm sure that you would like to hear about it, wouldn't you?  

(cont........7)

Date: July 27, 2014, 4:47:36 PM EDT
    To: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike" and Ron
    Cc: 7 others

(cont........7)

Are you ready, Anthony?

The surprise is that the Creator and Creation are not entirely separate. Should we stop the presses for this one??

Yes and no. At Grace Fellowship Church, this would be news. I could be labeled as the Antichrist, were I to make a federal case of it. The fact that I may have already made a federal case of it, has not been entirely lost upon them. Ron and the Princess have attended two sessions of the SfA seminar. But my fellow congregationists remain a tad skeptical, bless their hearts.

In fact, Anthony, this very question came up in our Search for Answers seminar, earlier this afternoon. It comes up in the prophetic context as creation ex nihilo.

Now, according to my understanding, creation ex nihilo was not even well formulated until Augustine. Even more surprisingly, it was not publicly questioned, theologically, until the middle of the last century.

So what, we might wonder? How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Here is so what, Anthony.......

Matter is not an aboriginal or primordial substance. IOW, the Earth on which we reside does not exist independently of the will of the Creator, despite what every materialist tries to claim. On this matter, the Islamic occasionalists are probably closer to the truth than are the Christian fundamentalist.

When human history has come to its logical conclusion, the Earth can and will be rolled up, like a scroll. This is according to the prophetic tradition.

Do you have any problem with this notion, Anthony?

(cont.........Cool

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:33 am

Date: July 28, 2014, 11:45:52 AM EDT
    To: "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike"
    Cc: Ron
    Subject: Re: Exodus Unravelled

Anthony,

I appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you the fundamental questions of the day.

I wish you well in your trials and tribulations.

Dan

On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:12 AM, "Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike" wrote:

Global Theocratic Movement

St Anthony - tough questions, smart answers

Just received an avalanche of mail from the Dan Smith mob of pseudo theological wackos who shan't be named here to protect them from attacks by non-pseudo theological wackos. Yes, folks, St Anthony has ignited a full scale theological thermo-nuclear war!! Now, for those who deny the Exodus, St Anthony has first-hand experience and knowledge of the event - so the deniers can go take a running jump!! Now, the crossing of Yam Suph (Sea of Reeds) occurred at the southern end of Lake Menzaleh on the Nile Delta and Mt Sinai (Gebal Halal) is located in Northern Sinai where Moses met God and received the 10 commandments on 2 hand-sized tablets of stone. By the way, the 'burning bush' is still there on the mount with a carpet of grass in front of it where Moses and God sat together during his 40 day fast. N.B. This is classified information, so don't tell anyone as the first thing that'll happen is McDonalds will open a burger joint on the summit!! [.....]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 am