Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeToday at 6:48 am by dan

» Livin Your Best Life
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeToday at 2:13 am by Big Bunny Love

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 pm by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Empty Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Post by ScaRZ Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:27 am

I was going to post in the "Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?" thread but I guess you don't want me in there.

First and foremost you need to make things available for "All" to participate in. I absolutely despise clicking and only a handful can comment.

If you want answers then free it up for everyone,not just "Special" members......."Whatever the heck that means."

If you really are interested in building things up,then don't tie members hands behind their backs in taking part. That in my opinion isn't needed in any of the sections and threads. I can see having a section for The Admins to lay out the Rules or Special Announcements,but the remaining sections should be free for "All" members to post in.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Empty Re: Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Post by Jake Reason Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you ScaRZ, I had no idea that the thread posting permissions were improperly set. As a co-admin I would not have encountered this while surfing the forum. And I can assure you that the other admins would never set these permissions on purpose. It truly was an error oversight.

I will re-set all threads today, to allow posting by any member in any thread, save for the "admin announcements" thread.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go? Empty Re: Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Post by Jake Reason Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 am

OK, done!

There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know Cool

The permissions are now set to allow all "members" to post.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Hey guys, yes my apologies on that. This section of the forum was one of the first I constructed and I was still learning how to work everything. The difficulty with posting was just an oversight like Jake said. Thank you Jake for fixing that. Again sorry about that ScaRZ. Please feel free to post.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    ScaRZ
    ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks Jake and Admin for taking care of that. I want to apologize for getting a little worked up over it. I only know how I feel when I try to post here or other forums and I can't have access. OM is now just in a rebirth stage and if people join and can't take part, or must send PM's to access certain areas they may never come back.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 am

Thank you ScaRZ. Hopefully we got the problem fixed for everyone in a timely enough manner. This forum is very different in many ways than the old proboards one. Some things about it are huge improvements, whilst others are less utilitarian and are more complicated. It's been a bit of a learning process.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Admin wrote:This forum is very different in many ways than the old proboards one. Some things about it are huge improvements, whilst others are less utilitarian and are more complicated. It's been a bit of a learning process.
    Yes. With proboards, I had grown to whiz my way through all admin functions. This forum's controls have a few extras. And with the different program format, it'll take some getting used to.

jacky374

Post by jacky374 Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 am

There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know Cool

Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 am

jacky374 wrote:There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know  Cool
    Welcome jacky374,

Yes we fixed that issue a year ago.  Feel free to post.  There are several long running conversations on OMF at this time, you're welcome to contribute to them.

The original forum contents are currently in the process of some reconstruction, and portions are available via the menu at top left of the screen under OMF Archive I, II, and III.  One of the tech team is currently working on that as his time allows.

If you have facebook access, there is also some activity on the Facebook Page for Open Minds Forum.  Again you may find the link in the left hand menu.

You are also welcome to start a blog here if you like.  A blog may be contained in the blogging thread bottom of the Index page or you may have one set up like my own.  Just let me know if you prefer the latter.  In the latter the first post becomes the Blog intro as you can see on mine.

Admin

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 pm