UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2
Yesterday at 3:27 pm by dan

» Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things - Cyrellys
Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am by Cyrellys

» space travel
Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 am by jizba

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am by X. Troy Dinaire

» Scorpion Scam
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm by X. Troy Dinaire

» The Loch Ness Monster
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 pm by X. Troy Dinaire

» O, Untimely Death: the Paul-is-Dead Controversy
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:57 am by X. Troy Dinaire

» Up The Rabbit Hole: The Alien Signal and The Psycho / Neurotic Ego
Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:18 pm by dan

» Ultra-Orthodoxy: a Case of Abnormal Extraversion
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:52 am by X. Troy Dinaire

April 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

MIND MIX RADIO joins OMF

Fri May 06, 2016 6:27 pm by Admin

Mind Mix Radio hosted by Manticore Group joins the Open Minds Forum May of 2016. Featuring talk on a wide variety of subjects ranging from research to current events, it is expected to add a new dimension to the materials featured at OMF.

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

ScaRZ

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Post by ScaRZ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:27 am

I was going to post in the "Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?" thread but I guess you don't want me in there.

First and foremost you need to make things available for "All" to participate in. I absolutely despise clicking and only a handful can comment.

If you want answers then free it up for everyone,not just "Special" members......."Whatever the heck that means."

If you really are interested in building things up,then don't tie members hands behind their backs in taking part. That in my opinion isn't needed in any of the sections and threads. I can see having a section for The Admins to lay out the Rules or Special Announcements,but the remaining sections should be free for "All" members to post in.
Jake Reason
Admin
Admin

Re: Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Post by Jake Reason on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you ScaRZ, I had no idea that the thread posting permissions were improperly set. As a co-admin I would not have encountered this while surfing the forum. And I can assure you that the other admins would never set these permissions on purpose. It truly was an error oversight.

I will re-set all threads today, to allow posting by any member in any thread, save for the "admin announcements" thread.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
Jake Reason
Admin
Admin

Post by Jake Reason on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 am

OK, done!

There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know Cool

The permissions are now set to allow all "members" to post.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Hey guys, yes my apologies on that. This section of the forum was one of the first I constructed and I was still learning how to work everything. The difficulty with posting was just an oversight like Jake said. Thank you Jake for fixing that. Again sorry about that ScaRZ. Please feel free to post.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
ScaRZ

Post by ScaRZ on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks Jake and Admin for taking care of that. I want to apologize for getting a little worked up over it. I only know how I feel when I try to post here or other forums and I can't have access. OM is now just in a rebirth stage and if people join and can't take part, or must send PM's to access certain areas they may never come back.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 am

Thank you ScaRZ. Hopefully we got the problem fixed for everyone in a timely enough manner. This forum is very different in many ways than the old proboards one. Some things about it are huge improvements, whilst others are less utilitarian and are more complicated. It's been a bit of a learning process.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
Jake Reason
Admin
Admin

Post by Jake Reason on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Admin wrote:This forum is very different in many ways than the old proboards one. Some things about it are huge improvements, whilst others are less utilitarian and are more complicated. It's been a bit of a learning process.
Yes. With proboards, I had grown to whiz my way through all admin functions. This forum's controls have a few extras. And with the different program format, it'll take some getting used to.

jacky374

Post by jacky374 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 am

There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know Cool

Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 am

jacky374 wrote:There were 3 threads that were somehow set to allow only "groups" to post in them. Don't ask me what "groups" mean, because I don't even know  Cool
Welcome jacky374,

Yes we fixed that issue a year ago.  Feel free to post.  There are several long running conversations on OMF at this time, you're welcome to contribute to them.

The original forum contents are currently in the process of some reconstruction, and portions are available via the menu at top left of the screen under OMF Archive I, II, and III.  One of the tech team is currently working on that as his time allows.

If you have facebook access, there is also some activity on the Facebook Page for Open Minds Forum.  Again you may find the link in the left hand menu.

You are also welcome to start a blog here if you like.  A blog may be contained in the blogging thread bottom of the Index page or you may have one set up like my own.  Just let me know if you prefer the latter.  In the latter the first post becomes the Blog intro as you can see on mine.

Admin

FEMA Orders 200,000 Death Certificates–What For?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrNGx_nEwA&feature=player_embedded

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 am