Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:15 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:09 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:08 pm by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:13 pm by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:37 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
dylan OMF-Original
ScaRZ
IPFreely
Cyrellys
Mur
Paul Chefurka
Jake Reason
Bard
Admin
dan
15 posters

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Empty Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Testing.......

Yes, it is working.

Congratulations to Cyrellys & Co.!

I will be continuing the BPWH blog from Compass Morainn, which was a continuation from the original OMF site on ProBoards, which is in the process of being re-archived from that site.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:36 am

Jake,

I quite agree that Repentance is where it's at.

But true repentance is not about apology, it is about understanding, and that is something that we have not yet been vouchsafed. That is why we were promised the Spirit of Truth, way back, when. We were told back then that the Spirit would guide us into all the Truth, and the Truth would set us free.

And, yes, the holy spirit has been hard at work, for all these many years, but I think it should be fairly obvious that its work is not quite finished. That's why I'm here...... just to 'goose' the spirit!

And, Jake, I believe that you agree with me, in principle, that we should be expecting the Mother of All Paradigm Shifts (MoAPS), and that it will have something to do with our discovery of the Soul, and that this discovery will have a profound impact on our human destiny, on our Salvation history.

IOW, Jake, no one has been saved until all of us have been saved, and that won't happen until we know what it's all about, Alfie. Yes, it is all about love, but that has proven difficult to translate into our work a day lives.

That is why we see the person with the sign standing on the the street corner...... Repent, the End is near! Perhaps this is the Sign of the times.

What I'm saying is that true repentance cannot come until the End. Everything before that can only be provisional. Every subscriber to the prophetic tradition believes in Judgment Day, and that this Day is yet to come. Every sect, however, wants us to suppose that it can put all our provisions and conditions to rest, bless their little hearts!

It would seem that the one terribly obvious fact of Judgment is that it is something communal and collective. Even the pantheists believe this, deep down, when they recognize that we are ultimately all in the same karmic boat, and that this is the good ship, Earth, bound for its final cleansing.

Did Jesus ever seem to be preaching individual salvation? Yes, of course. We were not then ready for the whole Truth, which lack of preparedness he also preached.

So where does Charlie D fit into this picture? It does seem, to most Chistians, that Charlie was sent to humble/stumble the intellectuals. Is God an anti-intellectual? Is Chicken Little an anti-intellectual? Hey, some of my best friends are intellectuals!

Have you ever met an intellectual who did not profess a respect for truth? Their only problem is that they can only deal with retail truths. They long ago gave up any hope for a wholesale Truth. Are they lacking in faith? Well, they only have a great and unsubstantiated faith in the notion of isolated facts/truths. In that sense, they are pantheists, when it comes to truth...... they see a little bit of it, everywhere. What they cannot envision is the Pantheist Catastrophe, wherein all those little turths come home to roost. Only a chicken-little can see that.

Jake readily professes his undying faith in Baby Steps, Ellie! Yes, we now see as through a glass, darkly. Then......? For Jake, there is no then, then! God is not a drama Queen, not for Jake. There will only be disclosures. There will be no D-day. There will only be judgments, there will be no J-day.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

encounters - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 19 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by Jake Reason Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am

dan wrote:Jake,

I quite agree that Repentance is where it's at.

But true repentance is not about apology, it is about understanding, and that is something that we have not yet been vouchsafed.
    Yes, understanding is a process.

Did Jesus ever seem to be preaching individual salvation? Yes, of course. We were not then ready for the whole Truth, which lack of preparedness he also preached.
    I know you think Jesus was wrong about most of what he taught. And you know I think this position of yours is incoherent with creation. However I offer a couple things he taught about this subject.

He said; it will be more bearable for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment, than for those who have heard and not listened.

And he said; Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

I realize these conceptualizations are difficult for most to comprehend. But they are not if one can understand that all creation reflects a developmental hierarchy. As above, so below.

A curriculum is provided for the required process.

Such was the teaching of Y'shua the son of man, the anointed one.

Last edited by Jake Reason on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 am

Jake,

I'm only saying that Jesus told us what we needed to know, when we needed to know it, and he was very forthright about that proviso.

Does that mean, however, that Chicken Little, not Jesus, is our Savior, lest there be some confusion.......?

At the very best, I'm some sort of armchair savior, a couch potato, amidst the Saints. I am the PtB's little lapdog, don't we know. But shouldn't we ask Who saved this wannabe savior? Is there any doubt along these lines? If there is, then, please, shoot me!

But back to our good time Charlie.......

Charlie did not invent the Dinosaurs, now, did he? That was above both his and my pay-grades.

But, no, I am saying that he did connect the dots. He came up with the pyramid scheme, although quite unwittingly.

God is not a couch potato, when it comes to Creation, but Tom Sawyer could hardly hold a candle to him, in that department. All we have to do is ask ourselves...... WWJD/WWGD?

I don't know about you, but if I were either one of those dudes, my creation would be Participatory. I would want every last one of my furry little creatures to be in my image, AND to be my co-Creators. And all we have to do is connect the (dinosaur) dots.

But, see, Jake and Cy are much wiser than am I. They know that, deep down, we humans are just ignorant sinners, compared with God. The very last thing that any self-respecting Creator would want is to let any one of us ignoramuses get anywhere near the creation Kitchen. Well, the possible exception would be Julia Childs with her primordial soup, and, after all, she was something of a fellow spook.

Every PtB that ever was has always connived to keep us creatures down on the farm. But how could they have been so successful, had God not also connived in their connivance?

Does God want to keep us down on the ranch? Did God not banish us from Eden?

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 am

I'm only saying that Jesus told us what we needed to know, when we needed to know it, and he was very forthright about that proviso.
    There is a vast difference between acknowledging Jesus told us what was needed at the given time, than to misconstrue this to mean he was wrong or deceiving.

Does that mean, however, that Chicken Little, not Jesus, is our Savior, lest there be some confusion.......?

At the very best, I'm some sort of armchair savior, a couch potato, amidst the Saints. I am the PtB's little lapdog, don't we know. But shouldn't we ask Who saved this wannabe savior? Is there any doubt along these lines? If there is, then, please, shoot me!
    Look around Dan, the PtB are not listening. Those who run the current show, prefer economic and military blackmail over honest education and peaceful negotiation. About the only things they might like about your hypothesis is your 98% population reduction from 7 billion to 144 million through clandestine biological genetic manipulation. And your spiel about the 'end of progress' designed to defeat mankind's will from furthering any chance of inventing solutions that overcome.

The rest of your hypothesis is crazy science and crazy religion. The PtB can't use it. Mankind is simply too hip to buy it.

Sorry. Them's the breaks, Dan.

But I understand you can still remain useful to Ron's IC endeavors.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Jake,

The problem that you are having with the Bible, is the same problem that you are having with Nature. And you are certainly not alone, in this regard. It is the same problem that every other evangelical and scientist has.......... It is just being a bit too prone to settling for partial truths.

Are any of us to be blamed, starving that we are, to be begging for crumbs off of the cosmic Table? Surely, not!

Me? Dont mind me, I'm just the oddball at the Banquet. Both God and the Devil are on the lookout for fools. Which one got to me first, is anyone's guess. Mine is not to reason why.....

But, wait........ it is about the Forest and the trees....... Let us not be blinded by all the trees.

Why do I claim to be a Christian? Am I not just a claim-jumper? I'm not aware that I, personally, had much to do with that. I woke up one morning, and there it was. It never occurred to me to walk away, as if that were ever even an option. Whatever was happening was well above my pay grade.

So there I was, staring at John 16:12ff, never having spontaneously opened the book before, it having been thrust at me, not long before. Evidently, however, my psychological state was that of receptivity, and receive I did.

Being born again is always something down and personal. It's always about getting into one's face. Did I not just take it a tad too personally? I didn't have to see a psychiatrist to figure that out. But, if it was insanity, then I no longer felt much kinship with sanity.

I was not so insane that I could not fathom my own 'insanity'. I was sufficiently sane to know better than to take my 'situation' to church. It was only thirty-five years latter that I got up enough nerve to take that step.

Even the very best intentioned church has a natural tendency to keep us down on the farm, or, at least, in the green pasture. There are all kinds of conventions for dealing with any sort of sacred fire. Many have come in that door, before me. The fire is killed with kindness. But neither was I prepared to go it alone. It took the further ministrations of a spook to get me to that possible juncture. Have I made it? Who knows?

But here I am, and I know no other....... Now it's just my little lonesome, and maybe the J-man. Whatever it is, there is precious little mediation going on here. For that reason, alone, I may have a special handle. And my handle may be found on any number of bumper stickers....... WWJD. But there is a slight twist, here....... It's not so much how would Jesus do my job, but how would I do his job, were he, per chance, to come again. That's all.

Should I not find all the answers in the Bible? Well, yes and no.......

It all depends on why he would wish to return? Return to convict, or to convince? I have to suppose, in my case, that it would be the latter. And, in that case, the good book will not suffice, now will it?

Hey, I'm gonna need a crib-sheet....... And what will that be? Where will that be hidden? If it's not hidden in plain sight, then I guess our goose is cooked, and it won't just be my goose, either.

The whole point of Xianity is not that the Bible saves. It is that he saves. At best, the bible can be a step ladder in that process. The pearl of great price is not the bible, it is the Person.

And this little fact has been true, all along. Now it seems that we just need to be reminded of it, along with its staggering implications. And all of this should be clearly seen in that little bumper sticker....... WWJD. See, it's not what the bible does tell us to do, it is what Jesus would tell us to do.

5pm-----------

Why has it taken us so long to figure this out? It hasn't. A lot of folks figured this out, from the git go. So what happened to them? Mostly, they just went on their merry way. Once they figured out WWJD, they realized they didn't need the Church or the Bible or even Jesus, and thank you very much for all the fish........

Would the folks at Grace shed any tears, if I were to go on my merry way? Hardly! Why can't I just leave them alone? I do, pretty much. For the most part, my presence is minimal. As, here, I mainly just bide my time, counting the daisies. Is time on my side? Once in a while I do hold my breath, but, so far, I haven't turned blue in the face. So don't mind me, I'm just in a holding pattern, strumming a few chords. My only excuse or rationale has to do with the price of gas in Turkmenistan. There is a level beyond which growth, capitalism and the credit markets will fail. Is God a capitalist? Is he a debtor? No, but he is a pragmatist. He doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that a global economy is no longer an option for humanity. A global financial collapse would send us a long way back toward the stone age, and, when I last check, there were not enough caves to go around.

Why did God allow us to become so overextended wrt to our foreseeable resources? Is he looking for an excuse for Armageddon? Was this some sort of intelligence test, and have we already failed?

Is this any way to run the world? If you and I were God, could we not have arranged for a better outcome? Or, OTOH, if we were, how might we turn this ship around, and steer it to a safe port?

Would this not be a job for the J-man, or for his cousin? Well, I've run my little flag up the pole, and no one is saluting, now are they? What a surprise!

IMHO, all we have to do is go back to the basics of Xianity...... what was the message that was sent to us? Was it a bible in a bottle? No, it was something rather more obvious. It was the Person, all by his little self. If he was who he said he was, then you and I are not God's toys, we are her children. Why has this most basic message been so hard for us to understand? Well, if truth be known, she has hidden her hand. And we have been given to believe that, rather, we are her spawn, not her children. You and I are not the center of Creation. In all probability, we are redundant. We are expendable, or so it would certainly seem, when we contemplate the starry sky, through a modern telescope.

Jake and Cy? They keep a stiff upper lip, when confronted with these facts of life. Me? I cry a lot, rather too much, it would seem.

Would we be crying less, if there weren't any stars in the sky? Why didn't God's only son tell us to take all those stars with pinch of salt? Was he blind? Was he trying to fool us, by implying that we were not redundant or expendable? But, if you listen to the evangelicals, they will tell that most of us are expendable, stars or no stars. Hell is just God's recycling bin, where he can dispose of the factory defects. This is a Scratch&Dent sale. Hey, it's not his fault. He gave us free will, and then he forgot to warn us about modern science and Darwin, just to trip up those arrogant scientists. It'll teach them a lesson they won't soon forget!

Hmmm.......... Yes, this is God's own truth, if we stick to the letter of the Bible. Or, rather, was the Bible meant as a trap for the literalists? Now, that would be a dirty trick!

Come on, sports fans, let's get real. God so loved the world........... Why can't we take that literally? It would seem that we have to exercise discernment, if we wish to learn the truth. We have to figure out what are the priorities. We have to put God's ducks in a row. The fundamentalists tell us, however, that we are to be managed by directive...... that you and I do not have access to any sufficiently reliable cosmic compass.

And, yes, I readily concede that they have been proven correct, for most of the last several millennia. End of story? Should we abandon the Bible in the middle of the stream? And who am I to talk, having only ever managed to read one verse, or so it sometimes seems?

The BPWH is not for the feint of heart. It is XXX rated. If you feel that you might need 'parental' guidance, then you are in the wrong theater, and maybe on the wrong planet.

7:30---------

All I'm saying is that, in case of emergency, we might have to break some glass. We might even have to break the glass ceiling! And they don't call me Chicken Little, for nothing.

If we were God, how would we turn the world on a dime? Well, as Archimedes said, give me a dime, and I'll turn this world around. All we need is the right dime, and the right time. Is this the right time? Most would concede that we are overdue for a miracle. If we had to choose a miracle, which one would it be?

Do we need more technology or more spirit? Which should be the priority?

Jake says that we need to discover the Soul. I say that we need to discover the Spirit. In either case, it would be the MoAPS. It would be a disclosure of biblical proportions.

But, wait, there is only one such Disclosure ever mentioned in the Bible. It is the last one.

Where are the baby-steps, Ellie? Many of the baby-steps have already been taken. Are we not now in the zone of breaking the camel's back? It is only a question of what will be the final straw. What will be the butterfly that triggers the hurricane?

Is this not what the Doctor ordered? Why would God pass up this opportunity of allowing us to participate in our own dramatic awakening? Should God use a cudgel, when a butterfly would do?

The second coming....... Should it be with a roar in the sky, or as a thief in the night? Should this even be a serious question? Evangelicals have worked their hearts out, and still seem to be far short of grabbing the world's attention. Surely, God will have to bring out Big Bertha!

But, maybe God has been preparing his ground game, behind the scenes....... out of sight, and in plain sight, at the same time. Perhaps the materialist tinder is drier than it seems.

Can God not turn the world on a dime? Can God not use a dime of his own choosing. Is he not sufficiently clever to use a butterfly? Is he not sufficiently merciful to eschew a Big Bertha?

9pm-----------

If wishes were fishes...... we'd all be rich. Well, maybe they are, and maybe we are. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

If the Kingdom truly is within, then God would never allow a single soul to be destroyed. And he won't. You can take that to the big Bank in the sky. Did Jesus say otherwise? Am I smarter than he was? All of us can and will stand on those shoulders. If you would like to second guess his particular mission, well, I would save my breath. If you would like to second guess the mission of Chicken Little, you have my personal, engraved invitation. Isn't that why I'm here? Just to unleash the flood of second guessing, and, if Jesus was right about the Kingdom, will that not be the deluge of the Spirit? Will we all be drowned in the flood? Will there not be sharks in those waters? Well, that is why this hatching-out need be synchronized, as most hatchings are. We are the Chrysalis, after all.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:50 am

I remain quite aware that I have failed to give an adequate account of the stubborn persistence of the illusion that we call 'reality'. This failure is a stubbornly persistent hitch in my BPWH git along.

I have but two handles on this problem...... memory and math.......

Memory can also be stubbornly persistent, and it may or may not have a material basis and/or it is the result of a quasi-direct perception of the past.

Math, according to the many physicists of the Pythagorean persuasion, is what underlies our seemingly solid material world.

Why should this concern have such a priority within the BPWH?

It is because I happen to subscribe to the possibility of mind over matter, which supposition is the bedrock of the BPWH.

Is there no room for compromise? Can't we have just a little bit of dualism? Do I have to be so stubborn about immaterialism?

Surely matter is pregnant with mind. This is just panpsychism. But does the mind have to turn around and eat its Matter? That's not being very considerate!

I should say that quantum theory does provide another possible handle for mind over matter. But I have some reservations about plunging into this loop-hole in physics. I suspect it is more of a sucker hole. It is a sucker hole for the quantum-mind contingent. This was my starting point for the BPWH. It is the modern rendition of Cartesian dualism, but now with the quantum replacing the pineal gland as the bridge between mind and matter. But, yes, after a few years of trying to make sense of the dualism, there was no coherent alternative to allowing mind to swallow matter. Not that we genuflect to coherence, but what else is there?

(cont.)

Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Jake Reason wrote:

He said; it will be more bearable for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment, than for those who have heard and not listened.

And he said; Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Synchronicity is in the wind it seems.

I have discovered a "John" in the strangest of ways last night.

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t71-infinity#929

As I immerse myself in this dialog, (that of the ages?) I have come to the conclusion that each of you remains a cord on the same instrument. Tuning it is the truth and its beauty. Without this slow progression - would we be able to tell what was lacking and without form in order to appreciate the ambiance of the end result? If we only hear the good how would we ever know the bad?

I admittedly, skirt the borders of the ‘recognized’ faith, perhaps foolishly as it has been pointed out. Yet, within Jake's quotes, it certainly applies to how I envision my friction-laden progression to such ends.

People experience or ‘have’ experiences that cannot be explained in rational terms that most would deem delusional by society today. Just think of our poor prophets’ from ancient times - Imagine their scorn today! Those experiences seem to occur in very mundane ways; in bedrooms, in parks, on a leisurely drive, or at the Vatican. We each have a reason for being here, in obscurity it seems, and this may be the point.

dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

md02,

I'm glad to know that you are benefiting from the dialog. That is all that matters.

I saw Argo, today. Not bad.

If we use the direct perception of the past to explain memory, I don't know how to avoid perception of the future, given the ouroboric loop and the allegedly illusory nature of time.

I have suggested previously that history is an illusion, in the manner of our retrograde awakening from a dream or into a dream. This is the strongest possible version of teleology. It is our 'memories' that create the past. Does this say anything about our inability to see the future? If my present self is being created by my future self, why can I not read my future mind? Does the Groundhog Day movie help? In that instance it is about escaping from the loop.

(cont.)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:33 am

Dan said (Cy's response in red): Cy,

I am a fatalist, but only in the positive sense of universal Salvation. I gather that you are also such a universalist. You do not wish to see your enemies burn in hell. Very few of us do seriously entertain such a desire, despite the occasional fire and brimstone that still emanates from our pulpits. And it is even harder for us to imagine that God could or would.

Well, I have no enemies per se. I have no permanent animosity towards anyone, or perhaps I should say I don't hold any that could not be fixed at some point in some way. I'm simply not capable of permanent hate. But make no mistake I'm more than capable of a fully fledged fury. And I agree with Jake. I am wholly certain the Creative Source would not wish to pollute the third Heaven with something that has yet to earn admittance. I am not fatalistic because of there is plenty of cause not to be from what I have learned over recent lifetimes. The message in the bottle is a reinforcement of what Jesus tried to communicate to all (not just Earth Humans) about humanity's Potential. And it is more than that. It communicates a purpose, a journey, and a value that had not been set forth before.

My concerns are more mundane and practical, despite or, perhaps, because of the relevant metaphysics..........

I continue to labor under the impression that the world does need to be saved, otherwise all of us are headed into a future that could nasty, brutish and short. Would this not be Hell on wheels? It could be, and I doubt that even the Bilderbergers could escape it...... only prolong it.

There is simply a numbers game here......... more consumers than consumables, especially in the arena of non-renewables.

By my understanding the world has already been saved. And in that time period mankind's Potential was identified. It has taken till now to communicate a purpose to attend to. What I see when I look around is people mired in so much fear and self-loathing that they slow themselves down and struggle to really look their lives. They are fully capable, but their uncertainty hinders their natural abilities. The message in the bottle is in part meant to reassure and alleviate the uncertainty. Belief in oneself is a necessary component in faith. As far as consumables etc, see my last quote at bottom of this post.

I gather that your view of this situation is within the mainstream of ufology...... there is a cosmic Federation that is standing by to rescue us, but that we are being held hostage by the Bilderbergers, who are rather comfortable with the status quo, and who are not averse to playing brinksmanship with the lives of the rest of us.

No actually my view is not from within mainstream ufology. And I have no first hand experience about any cosmic Federation at this point. I'm a member of a very small and rapidly disappearing sub-culture here in this country. One that is old enough to remember the last great technological civilization on this world AND offworld travel AND cyclic planetary catastrophe. Has a good deal to do with why I can't resist pointing out the issues with modern history & religion at times. And I have my own experiences which have contributed to my knowledge. I'm not a ufologist Dan. You keep calling me one and I'm not. Wrt modern culture if I'm anything it'd be somewhere in the vicinity of CT wrapping the multi-faceted fantastic.

As far as the Bilderbergers, they're only one small part in a massive governance network. They don't specifically call the shots although they are a part of operating the show. And you are correct in that they are not averse to playing brinksmanship with the lives of everyone on the planet.

I can hardly prove otherwise. Nonetheless, the above scenario does not stand up to much scrutiny, IMHO. But I'm not here to poke holes in other's beliefs. I am already overtaxed with defending my own.

I'm not specifically trying to poke holes in yours. I'm attempting in my own rough hewn way to give you some access to my first hand experience to draw from. I think that if you were to see through my perceptions you could make some necessary adjustments to your ideas. I don't think you need to wholly scrap 100% everything. But I think your timing is hundreds of thousands of years ahead of schedule. Despite humanity's phenomenal aptitude for rapid advancement there's a huge laundry list of things yet to learn and experience. But I think your thoughtful wanderings can open some areas for others to explore and consider.

My biggest concern is the cross-correspondences many of your fatalistic ending ideas have with mirroring ones among certain elites who are actively acting out those self-destructive patterns. You are on to something with those cross-correspondences. I am prompted to respond to that fatalism as an opposing voice that depicts the change that occurred long ago and directs, those contemplating a planetary suicide attempt at the leap you are musing, toward the proverbial third option that has been laid out. One that is showing itself imperative not only for humanity's sake but also a number of Others out there, most of whom have yet to be encountered. I am also prompted to point out that Synchronicity is at work in our environment for its purposes toward these ends and that message.

But I'm not sure why it should be as taxing as it is. To me, it's mostly just common sense, but to most others it is the height of folly........

If you need a prime example then you need to take a look at Gary Osborn's very astute description of Synchronicity's Intervention and its subtleties. It seems he's getting a life-full of it over the Rendlesham Code, lol. And I'm finding it has a good deal to do with the work that Mdonnal has noticed is going on here in our obscure little site of OMF at least at the moment.

The biggest obstacle to anyone's acceptance of the the BPWH is Darwin. And the biggest problem wrt Darwin is that most folks have grown accustomed to his seeming hegemony wrt the obvious facts of life. We carry on with our mundane lives, mostly managing to ignore the Darwinian shadow being cast upon us, and not wishing to be reminded of it. Denial is the name of it. The irrationality of existentialism is our port in the storm.

I'm not here to teach Darwinists the facts of life. I am here, however, to steal their lunch. They have the right facts, but the wrong story. They're not seeing the forest, for all the trees. But, if you are going to see the forest, you have to want to see it. It is not just going to pop out at you.

(cont.)

Dan have you paused to think where the branch of the PTB who is acting on the idea you've been discussing here these years, where they got those concepts from or what they'd have to do to get it enacted? Have you ever looked at your BPWH in that context and took a good hard look at Ron's IC endeavors? The PTB's actions up until maybe 20-30 years ago were primarily global dominance oriented. Now they're going for broke on planetary suicide. And the ideas we hear in the CT community from them and their 'advertisements' are the same as what you've been going on about in portions of your thesis. Those portions have been what Jake and I have spoken up about.

This fatalism co-exists with the proverbial third option - Synchronicity is working on that third option...

Offering from Cy:

“We live at a remarkable time. It is a time of great changes, including fundamental changes in our understanding of the physics of our world and its relationship to consciousness. There is a quiet revolution occurring in physics that will modify our understanding of the atomic structure, as many other researchers are now starting to realise that atoms may be considered as mini–black holes 2a–d and that the vacuum structure may be a crucial player in the existence of our world.
    Why is this exciting? Because if we understand the source of energy that generates our Universe, its forces and the mechanics under which the creation process occurs, then we can reproduce these dynamics with advanced technological means and completely transform our relationship to nature. Such discoveries will change our world from a society which believes that there are only limited amounts of resources and available land—and then wars fought over them—to a society which realises that there is an infinite amount of energy all around and within us, and a whole Universe to explore with the means literally to reach for the stars.
    However, we don't need to wait for these advances to start to transform ourselves and our environment. We need only take a few moments every day to connect with the infinite potential present at the centre of our entire material world, which makes up our existence, and experience its infinite nature and beyond”.

by Nassim Haramein about the new breakthrough theory in physics regarding ‘mini-blackholes’.

Perhaps I was wrong about there being nothing in the physics texts that corresponds to Bri. I just wasn't looking in the right book. Synchronicity strikes again courtesy of Hy Brasil and cross-correspondences.

Mark Grant has a book published about Synchronicity according to Gary Osborn. Gary quotes Mark on his site the following:

"There were a number of things about your own accounts that resonated with me. One being the sudden mystical experience that you and your brother had. I believe Don Barone wrote of such an account on this board once, which sounded a lot like my own.

Two comments.... for one, I have found that that experience, the one like Don's (assuming it was Don that I'm thinking about) has turned out to be extremely well mapped, like it was a scheduled event. In fact, I write about this at length in my own book, not the experience so much, but how it turned out to be calibrated to other key events in my life. It's as if the agent that initiated the experience wishes to make that point - that it was scheduled.

Secondly, I really liked this:

"I would also write these insights and connections down on anything to hand – later transferring them onto a word processor."

This was exactly what happened to me early into this experience, and I have known others to do the same. What drove me, and others it seems, is the understanding that the information is coming from a very special source, and the fear that one doesn't want to miss any of it. From the outside, it may look a bit fanatical, but from the inner experience, such behavior more than makes good sense.

Thirdly, "I can honestly say that whoever devised this code used my own previous discoveries, and more importantly, how I discovered them in the first place, as the cipher from which more information could be derived.... This means that whoever had devised this already knew that I would eventually be working on it and would find what I have indeed found."

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

Dan said:
    We are expendable, or so it would certainly seem, when we contemplate the starry sky, through a modern telescope.

Jake and Cy? They keep a stiff upper lip, when confronted with these facts of life. Me? I cry a lot, rather too much, it would seem.

That's just it, with possession of a Potential and a Purpose, and the needs of others dependent on us being there we become no longer expendable. We become a participant in the cosmic story beyond simply ourselves.

But, see, Jake and Cy are much wiser than am I. They know that, deep down, we humans are just ignorant sinners, compared with God. The very last thing that any self-respecting Creator would want is to let any one of us ignoramuses get anywhere near the creation Kitchen. Well, the possible exception would be Julia Childs with her primordial soup, and, after all, she was something of a fellow spook.

Every PtB that ever was has always connived to keep us creatures down on the farm. But how could they have been so successful, had God not also connived in their connivance?

Dan I never said anything about humanity not being wanted in the Creation Kitchen. And I don't believe Jake did either. I do believe both of us have tried to express to you that participating in the Creation Kitchen is something that is earned not arbitrarily bestowed upon arrival. What do the kindergartners have to contribute at this point? Destruction and chaos? What experiences and adventures could we bring to it at this point? Not much. We've only just begun this adventure!

Yeah every PtB has connived to keep the general population down on the farm BUT we remain down on the farm because the majority of people have not remembered who they are! They do not realize their power, landscape, and influence! It is necessary to remember. It's not the PtB that is the greatest problem. You could have an entire world where the PtB are erased or removed from influence and you could still be stuck down on the farm if you have no concept of who and what you are and what that means, thus having no impetus to be anything other than that or to act in ways contrary to it. That is in part what happened in the aftermath of the last planetary cataclysm. No PtB.

Do we need more technology or more spirit? Which should be the priority?

Jake says that we need to discover the Soul. I say that we need to discover the Spirit. In either case, it would be the MoAPS. It would be a disclosure of biblical proportions.

“Remember, the thing that holds everything together is the friction between Yes and No.”

...At the time, we were both puzzled by this sentence. It was obvious that the message in Paul's dream had something to do with the positive and negative polarities, but it wasn't the 'Yes' and 'No' opposites that were important . . . it was the 'third thing' that unites them. (Triad!)

You say technology or Spirit; Jake says Soul, and you say Spirit...the lesson learned from the great war that happened during the last planetary cataclysm is spelled out in the Triad above...“Remember, the thing that holds everything together is the friction between Yes and No.” What is the third thing that unites them? The Friction. The energy! Both are necessary!

Cy

edit to add Quote Source (italics): How to Catch a Starship - Gary Osborn http://garyosborn.moonfruit.com/#/how-to-catch-a-starship/4567715199 quoting Paul Osborn about a demonstration vision where he was shown mathematical equations, or scientific data and information about molecules, atoms, and cells at the same time a voice told him what he should remember.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 am

Cy,

I wish I could understand at what depth you believe some of the things that you claim to believe. I guess I need to get a better sense of your priorities. You beliefs seem rather similar to those of Louise, my late sister, currently pictured with me, at the right.

My life is really quite simple. There is just one priority....... love. And, if I were God, what would I do to optimize it?

Looking around at Creation, as it seems now, and how it appears to have been, it is easy to conclude that God is losing at the game of love. And so we make excuses for her. And largely we blame ourselves, or, at least, our fellow creatures. If only there weren't so many of those kinds of people, etc...... Or, if only there were more of my kind!

(cont.)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am

My life is really quite simple. There is just one priority....... love. And, if I were God, what would I do to optimize it?

This is what I love best about you Dan. I believe you are as Mdonnall pointed out a necessary part of understanding and discerning what we need to work on.

Mdonnall said:
    As I immerse myself in this dialog, (that of the ages?) I have come to the conclusion that each of you remains a cord on the same instrument. Tuning it is the truth and its beauty. Without this slow progression - would we be able to tell what was lacking and without form in order to appreciate the ambiance of the end result? If we only hear the good how would we ever know the bad?

Tuning it.

I think your sister was your anchor in the storm and stabilizer on your ship when at sea. It is a compliment to be compared to her. You are here among friends who would do the same for you. We have no intention of stripping your course from you only helping you to tune it so that it might be more harmonious in its travels with the universe and your people.

Looking around at Creation, as it seems now, and how it appears to have been, it is easy to conclude that God is losing at the game of love. And so we make excuses for her. And largely we blame ourselves, or, at least, our fellow creatures. If only there weren't so many of those kinds of people, etc...... Or, if only there were more of my kind!

Earth is not the first world of youngsters God has produced. This is not God's first rodeo. And it is far from losing the game of love. Sometimes when you sit in the middle of a time its hard to see the overall improvements. Has not Synchronicity's shadow been with you all your life? I've heard you speak of it off and on. So trust it. Your sister did.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Cy,

You, Louise and Jake may all be correct, and I may be wrong, about the world and about God. Hey, I've been wrong before, once or twice!

BUT, that's not quite the question I am raising.........

And this is the point that I finally had to make with Jack Sarfatti, when he and I did that little video, out in SF, a couple of months ago, lensman137. I said, Jack, I don't care what you believe, just tell me if you can honestly say that the BPWH is implausible. He admitted, in public, that he could not truthfully say that. I celebrated that evening by getting bounced out of a bar, more or less onto my noggin. Hallelujah!

I want you and Jake to stare me in the eye, and swear on whatever, that, yes, the BPWH is not entirely implausible. That's all I need to make my day.

And what is the biggest hangup? The biggest hangup is that you and Jake suppose, and very reasonably so, that God is a right-to-lifer, in the present, literal sense of that view. And, hey, you may be right. It's certainly not implausible.

For God, it's the more the merrier, and the bigger the better. Amen.

For us guys, at least, omnipotence seems to be about having an infinite number of children. I mean, why not? And certainly, you don't have to be a gynecologist to look through a modern telescope, and figure that this was precisely the plan of Creation.

Why the heck am I trying to poop on God's big Party? Am I some sort of chaperone? A cosmic party-pooper?

In the end, it's a personal thing....... I'm just supposing that God is a person, not entirely unlike you and me. If God truly is someone personal, like us, then, no, he or she is not going to produce an infinite number of children. I cannot prove this. It is just a hunch, and all I'm asking you and Jake is whether this hunch is entirely implausible.

But, wait, you say........ if God is love, and also infinite, then God can, very handily, provide an infinite amount of love for each and every last one of her infinite number of children. Yes, that is mathematically plausible.

But, wait, again.......

Maybe this game of cosmic love is something more than just an exercise in mathematics. Maybe it is something a bit more personal than a numbers game.

There is only one religion that has ever tried to make a federal case out of the personhood of God, and I don't think we need to name any names. And there are still a few of us who take this, well, personally......

How quaint, says everyone else. How very premodern and pre-Copernican of you. And I agree. We are all of those, and even more. Hey, they don't call me Chicken Little, for nothing.

To know God is to love God. To love God is to know God, in the biblical and every other sense. But how is this possible, if God is so big and we're so tiny? Sure, God is capable of loving me infinitely, but how can I possibly reciprocate? And so tell me this........ what is love that cannot be fully reciprocated? It is one-sided, polarized....... certainly not mutual, not communal.

Does this mean that we must bring God down to our level, our size, in order to love?

Not quite. There is a compromise, here........

God descends as we ascend. I think it's called the Hieros Gamos, among other things. Rapture is another name I've heard. But how does this work, pray tell?

4:45----------

I think it might kind of be like a semi-voluntary abduction. It is supposed to be a surprise, I understand.

But, once again, you have to read the fine print......

This 'abduction' is not supposed to be a private affair. It is not something clandestine. Yes, it is not unlike a party. It's even referred to as a wedding feast. Be there or be square, huh?

Wonderful, so why can't we have an infinite Rapture?

Well, I could point to some of the logistical issues, but that is somewhat beside the point.......

I don't want to sound like a Philadelphia lawyer, but there is a difference between an individual abduction and a personal abduction. Hmmm.........

Well, try this......... What I'm driving at is that the best possible 'abduction' is going to be a communal abduction. No? Yes, I think that's it.

But why? Why not an individual abduction? You know, caveman style...... God bops us over the head, and drags us off to his Cave in the sky. I don't know about you, but to me, that sounds definitely retro...... definitely involuntary, at the least.

If you were headed off, on the biggest adventure of your life, to an unknown destination, wouldn't you probably prefer to have someone come along with you to share the experience?

But what about when we die? Why then do we have to go out by our little lonesomes, into that good night? Hey, that's why we invented Sati! The hieros-gamos is just a voluntary Sati, but on a somewhat bigger scale. Hey, again, we take the whole danged 'harem' with us, just in case God forgets the 72 virgins.

Am I making any sense, here? It may sound like this is some sort of cosmic joke, but, if truth be known, there may be a more serious side to it. That's what a few of us are thinking, anyway.

Now, with all of these 'logistical' considerations, allow me to rephrase the above question....... what would be the optimal size for our cosmic wedding feast?

The more the merrier? The bigger the better?

Hmmm......... Maybe I've still left something out........ What could that be?

It must have something to do with community and communion. No?

This Hieros Gamos thing is not meant to be a one nighter. This is like forever!

Ok, so why not just invite everyone, and then let us sort ourselves out, afterward? Well, that's kind of the point. We do have to kinda sort ourselves out, or else, God will do it for us.

I'm struggling here, folks.......

Sorting ourselves out is kinda like what we do in communities. One person cleans the toilets, and the other person collects the rent checks, and, well, we kinda know how it goes, and it does kinda work, but it sure ain't utopia, now is it? And it's not forever, either.

Hey, even if it's wall-to-wall angel choirs, we still might want to have a four-part harmony, you know, just for variety. And what we're doing here, isn't this supposed to be something like choir practice? I know that this is sounding awfully pedestrian, but I'm not quite finished, just yet, and it's only taken me about 35 years to get even this far. The wheels do grind slowly.......

Alright, I'm just going to have to stop beating around the bush....... I'm going to have to use that dirty word........ church....... and then it's even going to get dirtier.......

Because, what is a church, after all.......?

And I do mean church, and I don't really mean synagogue, mosque or temple, either. I mean something not terribly unlike GFC. So what is so special about a church? Well, it is about those little plastic thimbles of grape juice. Hey, now we're really getting pedestrian.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm

dan wrote:
    I want you and Jake to stare me in the eye, and swear on whatever, that, yes, the BPWH is not entirely implausible. That's all I need to make my day.
    Sorry Dan, I find your "Best Possible World Hypothesis" to be implausible.

Even though the world 'Pandora' in the movie Avatar is entirely the imagination of a few creative minds, I find it more plausible than your hypothesis concerning this world.

Although this world is the center of our universe for us, it can not be, in my view, the only center in G-d's universe.

And I can not in any stretch of the imagination believe that this is the Best World ever to come into existence. Au contraire.

I believe your BPWH to be an egotistical inspired distortion of what was intended to be a 'beautiful thought' given to you long ago. Self embellishment imparted a crook in your perception, which grew within, as a weed among flowers with great potential, whereas in time the weed overtook and turned the intended 'beautiful thought' into a blasphemy of the Holy Spirit/Creator G-d.

Very sad. But its never too late for change.

There is still time to give up your love affair with your mistress Uncle Sam. The Star Spangled Banner is not worth it in the end.

Last edited by Jake Reason on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Jake,

Well, I wouldn't want you to put too fine a point on it, or anything. Please, don't mince your words, just on my account!

But, my friend, this game is not over until the fat lady sings, and I think we'll both know when that is. Until then, feel free to express your opinion, but don't feel impelled to rush to judgment, either. We have all the time in the world. Don't we? The wheel of Truth does grind slowly........

So, where were we...... sitting on a wooden bench in some funny little building out in the woods, staring at a plastic thimble of grape juice.......?

And what does this have to do with the price of gas in Kyrgyzstan, pray tell?

Nothing much, unless that price of gas keeps going up. At some point, my biophysical economist friends tell me that the economic s-h-i-t is going to hit the f-a-n. Unless, and these are their words, there is a 'miracle'.........

And they're not real particular about the miracle. It could be a little green guy bringing us a crystal energy cube....... it could be a breakthough in fusion energy, but they're pretty adamant that whatever it is is not currently foreseeable.

Me? I'm suggesting a MoAPS....... like the discovery of the soul or the spirit.

But wait, we can't eat spirit, can we? We can't put it in our gas tanks, can we? Hmmm.......

Well, that's why you caught me staring, quite intently, at that plastic thimble of grape juice.

Am I proposing to turn wine into ethanol? Nah...... that's already been done, and what a waste of good wine!

I'm thinking of something a bit more alchemical, if you will......... My proposal is to take all of our s-h-i-t, and, instead of throwing it at the f-a-n, I will turn it into spirit. This is kinda like what God did with Creation, except it worked the other way, back in the day, if I'm not mistaken, or being too impious. Only then will I throw it at the f-a-n.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:58 pm

So, where were we...... sitting on a wooden bench in some funny little building out in the woods, staring at a plastic thimble of grape juice.......?
    No one can say you don't have a sense of humour.

And what does this have to do with the price of gas in Kyrgyzstan, pray tell?

Nothing much, unless that price of gas keeps going up. At some point, my biophysical economist friends tell me that the economic s-h-i-t is going to hit the f-a-n. Unless, and these are their words, there is a 'miracle'.........
    There is a very easy miracle that could be preformed. It is called "a Jubilee".

The only thing holding it back is insanity and greed.

dinner time

Last edited by Jake Reason on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Jake,

A global Jubilee, say you.

Would this Jubilee be an event of biblical proportions, ask I.......?

8pm------------

And this Jubilee, might it not be connected with the 'discovery' of the soul?

And, this discovery of the soul, might it not open up a metaphysical can of worms?

For instance, would it not go a long way to proving the existence of a Creator?

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm

A global Jubilee, say you.

Would this Jubilee be an event of biblical proportions, ask I.......?

Nah, forget the Bible. Do it for the world. Just another repeat of ages past.

And should the Jewish Banksters have a problem, just tell them, "It was your forefathers idea, so forever hold your peace!"

Might have to park an Aircraft Carrier in the straight between Brussels and London, one in New York Harbor and one on the Potomac. The rest of the world won't contest, they'll be too busy jumping in the streets.

There is no sane economist nor mathematician that could rationally argue it wouldn't work.

Within 10 years all the dust would settle, we'd be on about with our business, fully adjusted, as if it were simply a happy memory of way-back when.

Last edited by Jake Reason on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:11 pm

And the soul........??

Would the rediscovery of the soul not constitute an MoAPS. Would it not open up a metaphysical can of worms?

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 pm

dan wrote:And the soul........??
    What do the banksters care about souls? They are the only ones who would loose. And their loss would only be temporary anyway. Simply a matter of ratios. It would give the world another century.

How much is a century worth, Dan?

Oh right, I forgot, you want all the souls to start dieing off in massive proportions. Full Holocausts 10 times per year. Are these numbers about right?

Ya so good question Dan.... "And the soul.....??"

What exactly is the question? Should we Bludgeon souls to Heaven, or is the Peaceful route, more Godly?

Tell us all, what would Lucy do?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm

And the rediscovery of the Creator?

Would that be an event of biblical proportions?
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 pm

How exactly do you envision "the rediscovery of the Creator"?

You know, it's not surprising you would immediately dismiss a Jubilee, as if completely irrelevant.

I've done the numbers, 10 Holocausts per year might not be enough to make your 200 year population target. In the first decade of slaughter, the pop would likely remain the same. But 10/yr is close enough for horseshoes. Vaccines and Lab Pestilence VS Gas Chambers....what's the dif? We'd still need bulldozers.

So tell us, what would Lucy do?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:37 pm

When did I dismiss the global Jubilee? Have you copyrighted it?

My only point is that if you put together enough baby steps, they might add up to a giant leap. How certain are you that God will only allow baby steps? Even Darwinists are now talking about punctuated equilibrium. Should we suppose that God would have no interest in ever punctuating our equilibrium?

10:30----------

And, golly, Jake, I almost forgot about Disclosure? It seems that, within an historical blink of an eye, we could be in for the discovery of the soul, creator and ET/UT, all in conjunction with our global Jubilee.

Sometimes when it rains, it pours. But, if you were God, would you want to prevent such a spiritual downpour, in the interest of maintaining the social equilibrium of humanity?

But, wait, what about the Millennium and the Second Coming? As long as there is going to be a Jubilee, could it not be extended, say, for a few decades, to where it could be seen as a veritable Millennium. And wouldn't that be an appropriate time for a Second Coming?

When the sun is shining, isn't that the best time to make hay, or, maybe, even have a spiritual harvest?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 am

I'm beginning to see a few rays of light again for the good 'ol BPWH, but, still, immaterialism remains a daunting obstacle. Will I be able to make an immaterialist breakthrough, in my few remaining years? I think I'm gonna need another big push from Sophie.

As it stands now, the BPWH has to sift through the mountains of scientific and quasi-scientific data, and, finally, plead for coherence, in order to make a case for the plausibility of immaterialism. This requires a lot of patience from the reader, a patience already being sorely tried by the many meanderings of these daily musings.

What are the main points........?

1.) Anthropic problem........
    a.) Is there a Creator?

2.) Mind-Body problem.......
    a.) Is there a human soul?

3.) Pythagoreanism.

4.) The quantum problem and the panpsychic catastrophe.

5.) Appeal to the coherence theory of truth.

6.) Cartesian dualism is no longer a viable option to scientific materialism.

7.) Our resource shortage is going to require either a technological or a spiritual miracle.........
    a.) Are we a cancer of a chrysalis?

8.) Fragility of the materialist paradigm.

9.) Paranormal phenomena........
    a.) ETH vs. UTH.
    b.) Contact & Insiders.
    c.) Rescue plan.

9:15-------------

Yesterday morning, I was seriously concerned that Obama had a substantial chance of losing the election. That possibility seems to be evaporating, as we move toward Tuesday. Already, the Republicans are fighting over the carcass of their campaign.

A Romney win might have been a setback for the BPWH, although it might have necessitated that the Rescue plan be moved forward.

As it is, there may still be time for the BPWH to take-off on its own, without any additional external input. Well, that is still counting on an 11th hour rescue, by Sophie, of the BPWH wrt the immaterialism obstacle.

The main problem for immaterialism is to account for the entropic effects of decay, without resorting to atomism. Or, I'm looking for a mitigated form of atomism, as opposed to the robust version of it, put forward by the materialists.

Mitigated atomism........?

Clearly, if atoms didn't already 'exist', the scientists would have had to invent them. I wonder if there might not be a connection with reductionism relative to information? I don't mind binary bits, as long as they can be mitigated. Numbers are mitigated by means of mathematical holism/organicism.

Binary bits are corrupted by noise, as biologicals are corrupted by entropy. Can we do thermodynamics w/o atoms? What would Aristotle say? I have tried to use cycles, but they don't seem to be sufficiently fine-grained. Who's afraid of hi-def, other than aging actresses?

I don't mind termites and woodpeckers; they fit into the ecology. What about bugs and viruses? Am I talking biological and/or digital?

Is it not true that our decay processes are built into our life processes?

Should noise be a problem for the immaterialist? Fractals come into play, here.

Plato was a gnostic. Aristotle was an organicist. He understood final causes, teleology. Cannot decay be subsumed under organic causes, along with a pinch of fractals? But the fractals must be quite specific to the material in question.

12:30---------

I have been watching Obama's speech in Madison, WI. It makes me angry that we ever had to suppose that Romney might win. Mit's speech, later in the hour, will be from Lynchburg.

That is a travesty to America. Excuse my french, but I have always considered Falwell to have been a pig, first, an angry old white man, second, and an extremely misguided person who claimed to be a Christian, third. Yes, Mitty, baby, your chicken has come home to roost. I hope that you rot in He'll. See? Do you understand why Jesus could get angry?

Any Christian who votes for Mit Romney has virtually no conception of why Jesus came here. The very last person on Earth who has this conception would be Mit Romney.

Oh, and I almost forgot, that speech of Obama's in Madison, covered by CNN, that was the best political speech I have ever heard. Even Bill Clinton could not match it. Am I biased? Am I mixing politics and religion? Well, in the Millennium, there will be a lot of things, finally coming together.

Now, excuse me, please, while I tune into Lynchburg........

1pm----------

Golly, sports fans, that was downright embarrassing. What a tepid, robotic speech.

Need I say more?

What is the teleology of decay? Recycling is a big part of it. But how much bandwidth need it occupy? Is there any way to quantify this bandwidth?

4:40---------

How can we minimize the bandwidth?

The bandwidth of the Mandelbrot is virtually zero.

A common form of noise is flicker noise or 1/f noise, but its sources remain obscure.

The more we now about the source of the information, the better we can filter the noise.

The Source of sources is the Monad. How much information does it contain? How much noise does it contain?

Is there more information in love or in hate? More noise?

How much information is in the BPW? More or less than in the Mandelbrot?

@Jake's post, below......

Three-quarters of white evangelicals will be taken aback by the second coming. What they are expecting may be more like the angel Moroni.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 pm

dan wrote:
    Any Christian who votes for Mit Romney has virtually no conception of why Jesus came here. The very last person on Earth who has this conception would be Mit Romney.
    "Why are evangelicals like Billy Graham and Ralph Reed stumping for Mitt Romney? And why are roughly three-quarters of white evangelicals inclined to vote for him?"

CNN religion blogger attacks Christian Conservatives for supporting Romney

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:10 am