Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Why are we here?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:29 am by Mr. Janus

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 6:22 pm by Mr. Janus

» Livin Your Best Life
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2024 2:15 am by Big Bunny Love

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 10:42 am by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2024 7:23 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
Mr. Janus
hobbit
Cheguevoblin
Big Bunny Love
HRTX
U
11 posters

Livin Your Best Life

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Empty Livin Your Best Life

Post by Big Bunny Love Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:32 am

First topic message reminder :

“Nature's first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.”

—Robert Frost

Last edited by smelly da goat on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheguevoblin likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Empty Re: Livin Your Best Life

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:44 pm

These are Golden days flowing like sweet honey into the mouth of eternity.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:30 pm

Those covering themselves in darkness, hiding, do not know the Logos, at all.

The Logos burns out of you as golden light.

A light that never ceases.

They are sleepwalkers, slumbering their way through life.

Boy are they in for a surprise at the end of the 🌈

I was sure surprised at what I was missing in all the noise of culture and mind confusion.

I am no longer confused.

My vision is razor 🪒 sharp.

It cuts through all darkness and matter.

“Heraclitus criticizes his predecessors and contemporaries for their failure to see the unity in experience. He claims to announce an everlasting Word (Logos) according to which all things are one, in some sense. Opposites are necessary for life, but they are unified in a system of balanced exchanges.”

“The things of which there is sight, hearing, experience, I prefer.” On the other hand, “Poor witnesses for men are their eyes and ears if they have barbarian souls.”

“The Lord whose oracle is at Delphi neither reveals nor conceals, but gives a sign.”

—Heraclitus

“For those who can discern it, the Word has an overriding message to impart:

“Listening not to me but to the Word it is wise to agree that all things are one”

It is perhaps Heraclitus’s chief project to explain in what sense all things are one.

Koans and Heraclitus’s paradoxes are meant to wake us up from our dogmatic slumbers.

“The road up and down is one and the same.”

All things in a life and in life have a harmonious center.

This is a beautiful thing to realize and live in.

The golden zone I call it.

When will humans feast again on the fragments of Heraclitus and those others who see clearly?

Better yet, feast on the bounty of their own inner fire?!

“This world-order, the same of all, no god nor man did create, but it ever was and is and will be: everliving fire, kindling in measures and being quenched in measures.”

“This passage contains the earliest extant philosophical use of the word kosmos, “world-order,” denoting the organized world in which we live, with earth, sea, atmosphere, and heavens. While ancient sources understand Heraclitus as saying the world comes to be and then perishes in a fiery holocaust, only to be born again, the present passage seems to contradict this reading: the world itself does not have a beginning or end. Parts of it are being consumed by fire at any given time, but the whole remains.”

One can learn this themselves through their own mind and experience.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:25 pm

Shams Tabriz - The Forty Rules of Love wrote:Neither a grocer nor a clerk, my God is a magnificent God. A living God! Why would I want a dead God? Alive He is. His name is al-Hayy—the Ever-Living. Why would I wallow in endless fears and anxieties, always restricted by prohibitions and limitations? Infinitely compassionate He is. The name is al-Wadud. All-Praiseworthy He is. I praise Him with all my words and deeds, as naturally and effortlessly as I breathe. The name is al-Hamid. How can I ever spread gossip and slander if I know deep down in my heart that God hears and sees it all? His name is al-Başir. Beautiful beyond all dreams and hopes.

Recalling another rule on my list, I felt a fresh wave of happiness and hope. The human being has a unique place among God’s creation. “I breathed into him of My Spirit,” God says. Each and every one of us without exception is designed to be God’s delegate on earth. Ask yourself, just how often do you behave like a delegate, if you ever do so? Remember, it falls upon each of us to discover the divine spirit inside and live by it.

Instead of losing themselves in the Love of God and waging a war against their ego, religious zealots fight other people, generating wave after wave of fear. Looking at the whole universe with fear-tinted eyes, it is no wonder that they see a plethora of things to be afraid of. Wherever there is an earthquake, drought, or any other calamity, they take it as a sign of Divine Wrath—as if God does not openly say, My compassion outweighs My wrath. Always resentful of somebody for this or that, they seem to expect God the Almighty to step in on their behalf and take their pitiful revenges. Their life is a state of uninterrupted bitterness and hostility, a discontentment so vast it follows them wherever they go, like a black cloud, darkening both their past and their future.

There is such a thing in faith as not being able to see the forest for the trees. The totality of religion is far greater and deeper than the sum of its component parts. Individual rules need to be read in the light of the whole. And the whole is concealed in the essence.

Instead of searching for the essence of the Qur’an and embracing it as a whole, however, the bigots single out a specific verse or two, giving priority to the divine commands that they deem to be in tune with their fearful minds. They keep reminding everyone that on the Day of Judgment all human beings will be forced to walk the Bridge of Sirat, thinner than a hair, sharper than a razor. Unable to cross the bridge, the sinful will tumble into the pits of hell underneath, where they will suffer forever. Those who have led a virtuous life will make it to the other end of the bridge, where they will be rewarded with exotic fruits, sweet waters, and virgins. This, in a nutshell, is their notion of afterlife. So great is their obsession with horrors and rewards, flames and fruits, angels and demons, that in their itch to reach a future that will justify who they are today they forget about God! Don’t they know one of the forty rules? Hell is in the here and now. So is heaven. Quit worrying about hell or dreaming about heaven, as they are both present inside this very moment. Every time we fall in love, we ascend to heaven. Every time we hate, envy, or fight someone, we tumble straight into the fires of hell. This is what Rule Number Twenty-five is about.

Is there a worse hell than the torment a man suffers when he knows deep down in his conscience that he has done something wrong, awfully wrong? Ask that man. He will tell you what hell is. Is there a better paradise than the bliss that descends upon a man at those rare moments in life when the bolts of the universe fly open and he feels in possession of all the secrets of eternity and fully united with God? Ask that man. He will tell you what heaven is.

Why worry so much about the aftermath, an imaginary future, when this very moment is the only time we can truly and fully experience both the presence and the absence of God in our lives? Motivated by neither the fear of punishment in hell nor the desire to be rewarded in heaven, Sufis love God simply because they love Him, pure and easy, untainted and nonnegotiable.

Love is the reason. Love is the goal.

And when you love God so much, when you love each and every one of His creations because of Him and thanks to Him, extraneous categories melt into thin air. From that point on, there can be no “I” anymore. All you amount to is a zero so big it covers your whole being.

The other day Rumi and I were contemplating these issues when all of a sudden he closed his eyes and uttered the following lines:

“Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi or zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not of the East, nor of the West....
    My place is placeless, a trace of the traceless.”

Rumi thinks he can never be a poet. But there is a poet in him. And a fabulous one!
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:35 pm

“Your friends, the beloveds,
    all live within the circle of BE!”

“Spiraling up like a snake 🐍
    spellbound in music, curling like hair,
    I do not know what this circling is,
    but I know that if I am not drawn
    to be inside it, I am not alive.”

-Rumi - Soul Fury

“When I love someone, I turn toward him a stern side
      that some might call cruel.

If he accepts that from me, I become sweet and nourishing,
      a morsel that he can take with him anywhere,

With a five-year-old child, if you act out of kindness, he
     will love you.

But there is a harsher way that is better.
    What looks severe and unloving does the good work.”

“Rumi says, ‘My sense of Shams has deepened.
    He is looking for God in someone like me.’

Rumi has it wrong. I am looking inside God for him.”

—Shams of Tabriz - Soul Fury

Coleman Barks wrote:Shams suggests that here, in the center of the world, if you take away the icons of religion, you will be left with the core of what is truly sacred, which is how human beings recognize the soul in one another: friendship, compassionate insight, love, spirit, the beauty of companions. This is a dangerous and radiant truth, in any age, implying nothing less than the setting aside of all religious traditions.  —Soul Fury - pg. 148
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:46 pm

Don’t Think Too Much

don’t think too much
    put yourself to sleep
    thinking is a veil
    on the face of the moon
    your heart is like the moon
    don’t cover it with thoughts
    cast your thinking on the water

—Rumi
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:28 pm

Philosophy as a Way of Life

“Vain is the word of that philosopher which does not heal any suffering of man." —Epicurus

Ancient philosophers were healers. They led people inside themselves to bring about physical and mental healing. The evidence for my words is known through my own experience. This is simply where my philosophical journeys have led.

Life is for lovers.

Science is accepting a crude form of immaterialism, that consciousness is another fundamental force and that even atoms may have some consciousness. Some physicists of note also feel the theory of time and space is dead. There is a more fundamental reality behind the world of matter. They are guessing at it even now. See Donald Hoffman for some pointers here.

What is it we connect to within ourselves? How do we master our emotions? How do we tame our thoughts? What can we really know or understand? Ironically my philosophical life has led me beyond words. Still, I want to talk about Pierre Hadot’s feelings on Philosophy as a Way of Life, as a practice. I also want to talk about Shams Tabriz and Rumi. A beautiful golden friendship. Who I feel exemplify a living I love you that, for them, was what god was. I don’t know about god or no god really. What could I or anyone know for sure? Why do we need to be sure about this or not? We don’t.

“Such is the lesson of ancient philosophy: an invitation to each human being to transform himself. Philosophy is a conversion, a transformation of one's way of being and living, and a quest for wisdom.”

—Pierre Hadot

Today it is heretical for philosophers to mention spirit and philosophy in the same sentence perhaps. I feel they are two sides of the same coin. The irrational and rational, where Logos can mediate. This is what I feel Rumi and Shams point to, instead of pushing their religion, through their relationship, reveal the unifying and healing force behind life, love. A dangerous truth, maybe the most dangerous.

Philosophy is a form of therapy. It has certainly worked for me, improving my inner control and perspective and calmness. We start the journey being honest about what we know, nothing really. We humble ourselves living philosophy as a way of life. I practice Traditional Stoicism and this is certainly a form of therapy.

“…man lives in the world without perceiving the world.”

“To view things from above is to look at them from the perspective of death....”

—Pierre Hadot

Powerful medicine. Music, poetry, beauty, great prose experienced are healing.

“Shams suggests that here, in the center of the world, if you take away the icons of religion, you will be left with the core of what is truly sacred, which is how human beings recognize the soul in one another: friendship, compassionate insight, love, spirit, the beauty of companions. This is a dangerous and radiant truth, in any age, implying nothing less than the setting aside of all religious traditions.”

Coleman Barks  —Soul Fury - pg. 148

I think poets are true philosophers. Debating ideas and thoughts and opinions is fine for a time, but what is beautiful in life must be lived and discovered I feel, it costs you everything to truly know, to give everything to attain love for thy being and in so doing love for all that is. It is universal and beyond words in its essence. Philosophy allows you to navigate the passion of life in a boat. Sometimes you have to dive deep into it. It is an act of love and sacrifice to seek the undiscovered country in life.

I think Pierre Hadot was onto something big.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Jung and many others believe that we have access to shared ancestral memory.

Well, I know through experience, this is true.

The more you deepen your connection to it, the stronger it becomes.

You come to a point where you see all as a sign, prompts.

This is how I live my life.

Personal psychology mirrors the stars and the stars mirror our inner experience.

As above, so below.

One can see the correspondences clearly if they open their real eyes.

This is one reason I use the I Ching and Tarot as I do.

I have worked with The Tarot enough to know it’s real and an excellent needle.

Powerful tools.

There is something that happens more and more on this path of no path, doing not doing, loss of forgetfulness, Anamnesis.

Visions come.

Synchronicity is a powerful force.

It is jarring and awe inspiring.

The key element is numinosity, the sense that something sacred and meaningful has happened.

In this cynical world, most are closed off to this innate Human ability.

You have to use your imagination.

You have to remain open and free of ambition to manifest the creative.

It challenges the idea that the world is only logical and rational.

This is the core of mystical experience, it can completely transform us and change our path.

Pay attention to the signs.

You are not disconnected or isolated.

You are intimately connected to everything.

Most are chained in the cave and can only see the shadows on the wall in front of them.

The shadows are an illusion.

Our ignorance keeps us trapped.

Gnosis can free us.

This is what the path of enlightenment is all about.

It isn’t a path, it’s an always on connection to the numinous.

And I count my blessings everyday to have discovered this.

It is what sustains.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Bewilderment

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”

—Rumi

Poetry is the highest philosophy in my opinion and poets, the greatest philosophers. This quote above, from the Sufi poet Rumi, wrecks me, it just wrecks me. Cleverness is opinion and bewilderment is intuition. I practice bewilderment daily. It doesn’t always align you with our Capitalistic economy, as it brings a humility to blazing ambition.

Bewilderment is a letting go into the wind, something that can be quite scary and disorienting. It is a trusting of honed instincts/intuition. Sometimes you go to sleep and your answers to your previous days problems just pop up, bewilderment lets this happen while you are awake!

BEWILDERMENT BY RUMI

“There are many guises for intelligence. One part of you is gliding in a high windstream, while your more ordinary notions take little steps and peck at the ground.

Conventional knowledge is death to our souls, and it is not really ours. It is laid on. Yet we keep saying we find “rest” in these “beliefs.”

We must become ignorant of what we have been taught and be instead bewildered.

Run from what is profitable and comfortable.

Distrust anyone who praises you.

Give your investment money, and the interest on the capital, to those who are actually destitute.

Forget safety.

Live where you fear to live.

Destroy your reputation.

Be notorious.

I have tried prudent planning long enough.

From now on, I’ll be mad.”

I am better now and more productive as a madman at my work and being a human being than I ever was trying to be clever at it.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:31 pm

I have no idea what Dan is talking about.

My heart soars

I am a man of the rose 🌹
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:01 am

What drew you to Dan initially?
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:06 pm

U wrote:What drew you to Dan initially?

I don’t know.

I don’t know anything.

Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:44 pm

U fell right into that one u

Haha

Cheguevoblin
    Cheguevoblin
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by Cheguevoblin Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:52 pm

If you haven’t figured it out yet

You’re halfway there

Wink

U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:15 am

P, MayorOfCloudCity wrote:U fell right into that one u

Haha

How's that?
    U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:15 am

P, MayorOfCloudCity wrote:If you haven’t figured it out yet

You’re halfway there

Wink

Yeah

😏

I was thinking about You today actually.
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Everyone relax.

We are all friends here.

You guys know me, I’m brutally honest and direct and have my tongue in cheek.

With myself most.

I don’t take any of this or myself very seriously.

This frustrates Dan to no end.

But then we can both agree, just go with the flow and have fun.

I mean my smile.

I have no agenda here.

It simply is where I showed up.

I left but Dan wanted me to come back.

He doesn’t control me, whether he values my input, shrug, it is what it is.

I am uncontrollable and incorruptible.

Wherever I show up, I give my all.

I’m not the smartest muppet on earth or the nicest or the happiest or the worst.

I am what I am, as you are what you are.

We can do nothing really but be ourselves.

I have a facility for the mystic, because this is what I am.

I am a shaman, born as one.

I am an outsider and a wanderer, but I am not lost.

Everything is here and it isn’t.

I see all as fleeting, in flux.

There is no solid ground here.

I am not a leftie or a rightie, I’m a human being.

All sides are my side.

I accept the entire corpus of humanity.

This gives me a big perspective and huge advantage over partisans.

I have no country, the world is my country.

Everyone is here and they aren’t.

I believe in no religion, but I have been touched by something very deep in all of us.

It revealed itself to me.

It helped me, it guides me, it is faceless and nameless.

I am not always the best representative of the unchanging source, I’m a human being, shadow and light, a collection of opposites.

No apologies.

No take backs.

U, in my life, I found the never setting sun, nothing is hidden from it, nothing.

I love it as myself.

We all need a star to navigate by, I found the never setting sun, not too shabby.

So, I kinda have an advantage over anyone who has not settled their shit.

I am as Shams of Tabriz.

I am roughest with my friends.

But I wish them the best.

I mean that.

This is personal for me.

I wish anyone I meet the best of all possible lives and worlds.

I do not wish to subvert or use or take advantage of anyone.

If you don’t respect a friend like that, then you have some maturing to do.

Anyway, I don’t agree with Dan on many points.

I don’t know his friends.

If one does not value my quality, they do not know their own.

This is how it has always been with muppets.

They hide and hate those not hiding.

I do agree with him on some of the big things.

Dan and I could be the two witnesses.

Just sayin.

I play pretend like we all do.

We have to still walk around and eat and have shelter.

I would love not to have to work any longer and deepen my connection to my source, but I have to pretend.

But I play along, I’m not a mindless zombie.

I would put my awareness up against any on earth.

It was hard won.

I died.

I gave myself as a living sacrifice.

I am what rose from the ashes of Eric Garza.

How did I find Dan?

I followed my heart, as I encourage all my friends to do.

Turn off the YouTubes, turn off the radio, turn off the TV.

Stop and listen and you will hear what I am saying on the wind.

Then trust where your heart leads you.

Go beyond your likes and dislikes and your senses.

Become senseless and anyone can find what I mean.

This Rumi poem embodies my perspective well.

BEWILDERMENT BY RUMI

“There are many guises for intelligence. One part of you is gliding in a high windstream, while your more ordinary notions take little steps and peck at the ground.

Conventional knowledge is death to our souls, and it is not really ours. It is laid on. Yet we keep saying we find “rest” in these “beliefs.”

We must become ignorant of what we have been taught and be instead bewildered.

Run from what is profitable and comfortable.

Distrust anyone who praises you.

Give your investment money, and the interest on the capital, to those who are actually destitute.

Forget safety.

Live where you fear to live.

Destroy your reputation.

Be notorious.

I have tried prudent planning long enough.

From now on, I’ll be mad.”

I’m mad and always will be!

U likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:53 pm

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Shams of Tabriz could not stand people who get their awareness from books and not direct experience. Whenever he heard a scholastic talking, he felt compelled to confront them.

I intuitively came to the same place.

I can only speak from direct experience.

But then I find texts that point to this experience.

One can smell those who have had these experiences.

They ooze love and openness.

This is not a world made separate from god.

The Abrahamic god is an anthropomorphized golem.

Spinoza corrected his people with his experience.

But of course those who keep their religious laws hate any who would go around them.

I can no longer be anyone’s student.

I am also no one’s teacher.

I meet all as friends.

There is a refuge in true friendship.

Someone who you can be true to yourself with.

No hypocrisy, no pretending anything.

We each have our own truth found within the heart.

To betray that truth is to be a muppet.

A pretender.

I only have interest in friendship and brotherhood.

I feel all teachers are frauds.

Real growing can’t come from books, it comes from confronting and mastering one’s emotions and walking out and doing things.

All books read like dead texts next to the living word between friends.

Some can maintain control of their awareness, others are lost in love ecstasy.

I see how to write my poetry freely now, from the ecstatic love in my heart.

There was an agony of wishing in my heart, but I didn’t know how to fill it until I met other lovers in the heart. We have a major crisis in the world today of boys who have not become men of the heart. Instead they are filled with anger. I do not meet anyone as teacher or student, I meet them as friends in the garden of mystic lovers.

“I, you, he, she, we
    In the garden of mystic lovers,
    these are not true distinctions.”

—Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi

I wanted to be wise too quickly.

It’s best to take tiny sips.

Truly, what is most sacred is when two human beings recognize the soul in each other. This transcends all word and image and brings the fire 🔥 into life.

I have felt this fire and seen the soul in another and they have seen it in me and this is good.

This is the best of things.

This I treasure more than all the words ever written or read.

Shams says if I told you all I know to Muslims, you would kill me.

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am

Unlike Dan, I am not impressed by or read fools and frauds.

I look for quality.

I look for love.

Man, does he waste his time, it’s his time to waste.

U is no better with the fools he follows and admires Wink

The few U has pointed to are mostly pathetic and lacking all awareness and power.  

You can learn a lot about someone by who they admire and emulate.

I look for the gold as it exists.

I look for it and dig for it in myself too, it exists.

I give my time to those who are aware of this too, not idiots and frauds.

Not muppets.

I’m for the mad ones, the open ones, the lovers, not spies and crooks and manipulators.

I’m not for people who hide or for the liars.

They smell of death.

I certainly know the sun never sets where I am.

A great post from someone very wise and beautiful, who is golden.

Deng Ming-Dao

STABILITY AND CHANGE

The idea that a system is self-organizing and self-perpetuating seems controversial, yet it’s implied in the Taoist classics. There’s an interesting point to consider that offers an entry into this thought: each thing and being exists in relationship to its environment. Take a bubble, for example. It depends on the soapy liquid and the internal pressure, but it also exists in its environment. When it floats away, it’s floating in the atmosphere. You can’t just look at the bubble. You have to look at the bubble in it’s larger context too.

An organism must have homeostasis to maintain itself. That homeostasis is a response to both inner and outer events. It is dynamical. Furthermore, the organism can’t develop WITHOUT these events. Just as no one’s mind can develop without stimulus, the organism has to be stimulated by its environment in order to be a discrete entity. If you actually raised a child in an antiseptic room they wouldn’t be very healthy because they would have little interaction with the outer world.

Previously, I had the impression that the environment was “the enemy.” I was told, for example, that the body cools itself down because the temperature rises. That’s true, but it’s not the whole story. Unless the body goes through these events, it won’t develop. That’s why kids play and people go out looking for experiences, sometimes multiple times a day. The environment may be “hostile” in one sense, but it’s necessary in another. A body doesn’t maintain itself despite the environment but rather in relationship to it.

This gives us a bottom-up view of things and it eliminates all the messy questions of consciousness and emergence. Parts of each of us is responsible for immunity, for maintenance, and for growth. And because everything arises from the very particles of the system, there’s no “ghost in the machine” confusion. We are systems that react and reconcile with our surroundings. We cannot be separated from the world.

And of course Carlin, RIP.

U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:00 pm

You're very competitive
    Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:13 am

U wrote:You're very competitive

Shhhh

Go back to sleep 😴

Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 0bf17c10

You nor anyone can compete with THIS.

Last edited by Smelly El Chivo on Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total

U likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:14 am

“If you're going to try, go all the way.”

—Charles Bukowski

Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 Fa1ec910

U likes this post

U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:18 pm

Livin Your Best Life - Page 11 1_gpit10

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/21/entertainment/dave-chappelle-show-canceled/index.html

Gimme another ZAP and we'll see how it goes!

RED and Paw Paw Sam have to play too though.

And I have to see them 😈

These are my terms

Yuh game?

Big Bunny Love likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:53 am

Not quite sure what I am game for Wink

I’m not up with all the cultural nonsense.

I’m game for love, how bout you?

Wei Wu Wei Ching

The entirety
    of the Oneness is
    contained within you.
    Don’t believe it?
    Go look.

The senses
    can’t perceive it.
    Thought fails to apprehend it.
    Approach by sacrificing all
    knowing and doing,
    though, and it envelops you.

Marry mind to breath
    and look within until all false
    concepts and imaginings
    come to an end. This
    is the center of the Way.

Don’t try to escape from
    the movements of the world.
    Remain in the midst of everything,
    focused into the empty space
    at the center of your self.

Pouring your whole being
    there without pause,
    alert, quietly smiling,
    you detach from
    clamor and chaos and become
    independent and free.
    From here you can
    teach yourself everything.

The funniest story.

So I love Bukowski, that ole bum. I spent last 5 years as a bum. I quite enjoyed it.

I met a smelly goat and we had a grand time bummin around.

Well, I will always love smelly, that rascal.

But he isn’t the only one livin in this ole bag of bones.

While I love to torment and vex the Dan and Left Foot show, I do so with love.

Anyway, I posted the Bukowski post above on FB, and something amazing happened.

It turns out one of my wife’s childhood friends is the great niece of a John Fante.

It turns out John was the first book of real writing that electrified Charles Bukowski.

Bukowski wrote the intro to his rereleased book, John’s first, “Ask the Dust.”

It’s wonderful indeed.

Some real passion.

It has greatly inspired me, been reading.

See, I get Bukowski.

I’m not as salty as he is, I’m more of a Taoist Bukowski, but I get what he was aimin at, while he was doing not doing, Wei Wu Wei.

I’m in the middle of jobs right now, the coin has been flipped and I am free fallin.

I’m uneasy, but learning not to force things, to let the new pattern set.

In each life on earth, the Sun sunny oversees chaos and growth.

The 2 of Disks and the 2 of Wands tell them story in the Tarot.

I’ve picked those two cards maybe 3 times each over last few weeks.

In other news I have been getting to know this Taoist Sifu on Facebook, Deng Ming-Dao, a great Taoist writer.

He lives in the SF area and he is giving an intro Zoom course: Starting Tao: A Beginner's Course in Qigong, Taijiquan, and Tao this summer and I asked to join and he is letting me in the class.

I asked if he would have lunch with me and he will.

I have read his books and used them for meditation over last 8 years or so.

Went and saw a talk of his in Oakland once.

He’s a wonderful man.

The guy is golden and centered and radiant.

I follow him on FB: https://www.facebook.com/dengmingdao

https://www.dengmingdao.com/videos/

Real magick, now you see it, now you don’t.

Chaos and growth, neither force is better or worse than the other, embrace both.

No regrets.

No take backs.

It’s amazing how the cosmos breaks us down and builds us up.

But you know what I think I have really learned, do not try to gain spiritual merit, give.

Give to your friends and your enemies and random drive byes.

Give yourself to your wife or partner.

Give yourself to your pets.

Give yourself to your family.

Give yourself to others and prefer their best.

This ends up filling you to overflowing.

If the kettle is boiling, invite a friend to share some tea ☕

I am in wonder and amazed at the workings of being and non-being.

Form and formlessness.

The mystical fog is getting thick.

I wonder what will appear next.

My FB post on “Ask the Dust” synchronicity:

https://www.facebook.com/100008250645780/posts/pfbid02PUBq7uZWs83Q23NbPDWurzdkX5xKGrb8G9tq9GgdMfsYGQEwT3kphnGnPrS7YvTol/?d=n&mibextid=BCS9w0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:06 am