Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:33 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:23 pm by RealPan

» Livin Your Best Life
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by dan

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 am by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
dylan OMF-Original
ScaRZ
IPFreely
Cyrellys
Mur
Paul Chefurka
Jake Reason
Bard
Admin
dan
15 posters

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Empty Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Testing.......

Yes, it is working.

Congratulations to Cyrellys & Co.!

I will be continuing the BPWH blog from Compass Morainn, which was a continuation from the original OMF site on ProBoards, which is in the process of being re-archived from that site.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 am

Thomas Nagel......game changer?

Well, probably not. But he is a useful stalking horse. His M&C book has smoked out many of our latter-day materialists, and that has got to be a good thing. Whenever they come up for air, they more fully demonstrate their posture as sitting ducks, just waiting for Godot. Bless their hearts.

But I'm now turning my attention to this SEP article, thanks to a Leibniz squib, http://www.scienceclarified.com/everyday/Real-Life-Physics-Vol-2/Diffraction-Real-life-applications.html , forwarded by Jack....... http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/leibniz-mind/

All the ducks are lining up rather nicely, thank you very much. Wrt the previous post, I'm expecting a call from Larry and Chris, this evening.

2:10----------

For Leibniz, in order for something to count as a real being—a substance—it must be “truly one,” or an entity endowed with genuine unity. And, as we saw above, in order for something to be a genuine unity, it must be a simple, indivisible entity. “Substantial unity,” he writes, “requires a complete, indivisible and naturally indestructible entity” (to Arnauld, 28 November 1686). But matter is extended, and thus, Leibniz believes, infinitely divisible. Hence, there is no such thing, for Leibniz, as material substance.

Or, as I would say, to be is to relate.

Now back to that other list........
    Date: March 7, 2013 3:00:58 PM EST
    To: Paul Chefurka 
    Cc: 50 others..... 
    Subject: Re: An opportunity to influence the whole society

Paul, 

I have suggested that we take a more intense discussion to a smaller list, so as not to wear out or use up the reserve forces on Steve's larger list.  

I see nothing new in what you are saying, here, Paul.  Most folks, who bother to look at this biophysical dynamic, come away profoundly pessimistic.  

But, is this because we are not thinking outside the Box?  

Perhaps, Paul, we have been presented with this apocalypse in order to nudge us toward a new conception of ourselves and our place in the world. 

On Mar 7, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Paul Chefurka wrote:

OK, the Cliff's Notes summary:

My view of the current clusterfuck and my pessimism about the outcome stands on the following tripod:

1. The "Law of Maximum Entropy Production" by Rod Swenson.  The appearance of order, structure and self-organization in the universe is inevitable due to the laws of thermodynamics.  All ordered structures are dissipative (i.e. the "goal" of order is to degrade energy gradients as fast as possible). This applies fractally at all scales from sub-atomic particles to human culture.

2.  The "Maximum Power Principle" of H.T. Odum : "During self-organization, system designs develop and prevail that maximize power intake, energy transformation, and those uses that reinforce production and efficiency."  This is a re-statement of Swenson, and is similarly applicable to all systems from thunderstorms to human institutions like economics.  It clarifies the reasons for growth in all human activities from energy use and general consumption to population.  It also explains the succession of empires, why the USA and Riussia won WWII, and why the USA defeated the Soviet Union in the Cold War.

3. The principle of "Infrastructural Determinism" by Marvin Harris.  In the tripartite framework of human culture (i.e. the "infrastructure" of resource-manipulation technologies, the "structure" of human social institutions, and the "superstructure" of values and beliefs)  cultural influences flow probabilistically up from the infrastructure.  This means that all our social institutions  values and beliefs exist to support and explain our resource-directed activities rather than to control them.

It should be noted that the work of Harris and Odum preceded that of Swenson.  Their work did not have a nomological foundation until Swenson came along.  It is also worth noting that Swenson's work shows that Darwinian evolution is probably a special case of LMEP.

The upshot is that the whole of human culture is oriented towards executing, supporting and justifying the thermodynamic imperative of degrading energy sources as fast as possible.  Population growth is an intrinsic part of this process.  We don't recognize that most of our values and beliefs are responses to this invisible, universal pressure.  As a result our behavior is remarkably sensitive to education directed towards enhancing this activity, and remarkably insensitive to any education directed at counteracting it.  In fact our culture as a whole acts defensively towards such threats. What Mother Nature wants, she ends up getting.

Paul

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 39 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Waiting at a restaurant in Wilmington for Larry. I was up at his place in Philly for a couple of days, and then reported back to R&A, yesterday.......

Basically, Chris and Jack are refusing to budge for a joint meeting, so Larry and I will be the go-betweens. That's ok. If we can't move the Mohammeds to the mountain, then we'll move the mountain to them, individually.

Otherwise, it seems like we're good to go. The go-team is in place.......

7pm---------

I have terrible news........

Larry and I were having cherrystone clams at Harry's Grill, and he got a bad one. I told him not to eat it, because it was discolored, but he wouldn't listen. We rushed him to the hospital, but it was DOA.

RIP Larry....... Long live GWL-S......

Now, is everyone up for a road trip.......
    Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
    Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
    Got some pretty little women there,
    I'm gonna get me one
    Standing on the corner,
    Twelfth Street and Vine
    Standing on the corner,
    Twelfth Street and Vine
    With my Kansas City baby now,
    Buying Kansas City wine
    Well the water in the city,
    Well, taste like Georgia Pie
    Going to Kansas City
    Where it tastes like sugar wine
    Going to Kansas City,
    Kansas City here I come
    Got some pretty little women there,
    Gonna get me one
    Kansas City,
    [ From: http://www.elyrics.net ]
    Yeah every night you gave me none
    Kansas City,
    Surely looked like they were done

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FsVeMz1F5c

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 pm

dan wrote:Waiting at a restaurant in Wilmington for Larry. I was up at his place in Philly for a couple of days, and then reported back to R&A, yesterday.......

Basically, Chris and Jack are refusing to budge for a joint meeting, so Larry and I will be the go-betweens. That's ok. If we can't move the Mohammeds to the mountain, then we'll move the mountain to them, individually.

7pm---------

I have terrible news........

Larry and I were having cherrystone clams at Harry's Grill, and he got a bad one. I told him not to eat it, because it was discolored, but he wouldn't listen. We rushed him to the hospital, but it was DOA.

RIP Larry....... Long live GWL-S......

OMG, Dan! Are you serious?

Too many thoughts to pick which ones to express at this time.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Serious.......?

Have I ever been serious, Jake??

Embrace destiny...... Waterloo......!
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Yes, you are usually serious in all things.

However you often prefer to remain ambiguous on matters. Given that potentiality, I had to ask.

Waterloo?

.... in all reverence I ask.....Are you being ambiguous? or did Larry pass away from this world?

Last edited by Jake Reason on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Born again....... GWL-S.......... but just as skeptical as the next person.....

Where would we be without our skepticism?
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Ok, ambiguous it still appears.

Well I hope one of those GWL-S cherrystone clams is sent over to Kim Jong's Restaurant soon.

------------

Edit:

Should you mean literally, I extend apologies,
    and condolences.

Last edited by Jake Reason on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 am

Delivered-To: jake_reason@xxxxxxxx
    Return-Path:
    Received: from f11.mail.dnspro.org
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
    Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:20:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

A new member, called "Larry Frascella", has joined Open Minds Forum. You can view his or her profile using the following link:

https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com//u85

--
    Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 am

Well. Oddly enough I read this many moons ago. Perhaps it was someone here that shared the link.....

http://flightattendantswife.wordpress.com/tag/larry-frascella/

dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 am

Md02,

Yes, same guy, but he would now prefer to go by his fishy name, GWS. So, no, Jake, condolences are not needed, fortunately, but there was a discolored clam that he suggested I not eat! He and I will be on the road for the next few days. Wish us luck...... we'll be needing it!

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:14 am

An aquarium hatchling?

And here I thought GWL-S, meant Guided Weapons Launch System.

Well heck, that could work too!

Can I call him Sharky for short?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 am

There you go, Jake.........
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 am

Dan wrote:Basically, Chris and Jack are refusing to budge for a joint meeting, so Larry and I will be the go-betweens. That's ok. If we can't move the Mohammeds to the mountain, then we'll move the mountain to them, individually.

>

He and I will be on the road for the next few days. Wish us luck...... we'll be needing it!
    Jack, not?
    Hmmm, so the secret meeting we missed didn't impress?

Stan Romanek?
    It is my experienced observation, that his window head-bopping EBE video, wasn't too well received by the majority of respected ufologers. Mildly put.

But then, everyone has to start somewhere along the learning curve.

Well, pleasant journey Dan.

-------

And welcome to the forum, Larry!

Tumultuous waters ahead.....Ahoy! down the rabbit hole we go.

Last edited by Jake Reason on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 am

Jake Reason wrote:An aquarium hatchling?

And here I thought GWL-S, meant Guided Weapons Launch System.

Well heck, that could work too!

Can I call him Sharky for short?

Hmmm, wasn't the turning point for unambiguous contact based on a weapons treaty? One demonstrating a movement away from the "mutual destruction" concept? And with a naval influence involved somewhere in the mix.

Stan Romanek, was he not in the thick of things over the Denver creating an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission?

QUOTE FROM EMAIL

LARRY W BRYANT
    1/25/10

to Jeff
    MANY THANKS, Sir Jeffrey, for this latest update. Here's the text of my reader comment I've just posted upon the Highland's Ranch Herald's site:

== One Man Can, Indeed, Make a Difference ==

Cosmic pathfinder Peckman's support base continues to expand worldwide. To get a feel for this expansion, visit the online petition posted at http://www.petitiononline.com/etaffair/petition.html .

Whether a handful of detractors in Denver like it or not, that city sits in the enviable spot of making UFOlogical history upon the voters' passage of the proposed ordinance creating the long-overdue Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission. This grassroots legislation would send a profound message to all earth citizens and other-worldly visitors alike: the time has fully ripened for our executive-branch officials to cease deceiving the public as regards UFO-E.T. reality. Let's move forward to the ultimate paradigm shift as we exercise our right-to-know and remind our government of its duty-to-tell! -- Larry W. Bryant (Director, Washington, D.C., Office of Citizens Against UFO Secrecy).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meantime, Jeff, if the initiative does manage to win the voters' approval, I suspect you're gonna be overwhelmed with media feeding frenzies. -- OO

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Jeff Peckman wrote:
    Hi Larry,

Here's several media postings from today and we aren't even at the starting gate yet!

1/25/10 - Washington Times - http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/25/inside-the-beltway-64915953/?page=2
    [this link goes to page 2. The article is at the bottom of page 2 and continues on the top of page 3]

1/25/10 - Highland's Ranch Herald [On Jan. 25 I gave a 2 hour presentation to the Highlands Ranch Historical Society]
    http://coloradocommunitynewspapers.com/articles/2010/01/25/highlands_ranch_herald/news/28_pj_ufos_hr.txt
    ["ghostchaser" comments are from a couple of ghost-hunter wannabes that are on a mission to get attention for themselves by continuously attacking Stan Romanek and me. They are harmless and demonstrate their ignorance and hostility every time they post something.

They are just positioning themselves opposite the ballot initiative supporters because they think the media will always come to them for an opposing view. That's how they try to get themselves into the news since they don't do anything newsworthy otherwise.

But the news media has already seen through their scam and mostly ignores them. These nut cases actually suggested to me in person that I participate in their scam by building up some "battle" that the news media would cover. But I refused and just told them they would be better off simply being honest and ethical. Apparently that didn't get very far with them. So they continue with their silly rants. That's why it's better to ignore them. They feed off anger of others and can't escape their own darkness.]

1/25/10 - Harpers Magazine article section included in blog at: http://nomyth.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/the-votes-are-out-there-from-harpers-magazine-feb-2010/
    Only part of the article is posted on the blog and you have to get the magazine to read the rest. I'll try to get one for myself. It's interesting that they quoted so much of the declaration in the ballot initiative.

All the best,

Jeff

END QUOTE

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

And a reminder:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/05/AR2005050501860.html

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/cia_moving_domestic_headquarters_to_denver/

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=70916

Quote:

Colorado has become a major intelligence hub since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Aurora is home to the little- known Aerospace Data Facility. Located at Buckley Air Force Base, it has become the major U.S.-based technical downlink for intelligence satellites operated by the military, the National Security Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office, according to military and government documents obtained by William Arkin, author of "Code Names," a book about secret military plans and programs.

About 70 miles south of Denver, the U.S. Northern Command, based at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, is tasked with homeland defense and has been increasing its domestic intelligence work.

It's not known if the CIA's Denver plans are linked to the presence of either facility.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:26 am

and the contact control structure is....

? Technocratic

now quote:

"Both the CIA and FBI are trying to deepen their outreach to U.S. research and academic institutions and to private subcontractors working on major government contracts abroad."

...remember the contact control structure in late nineties planned to evolve into the 'surface' structure of operations/governance.

and the last 10 years has been about consolidation, coordination, and centralization.

one last quote:

"a move designed to promote innovation, according to U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials. About $20 million has been tentatively budgeted to relocate employees of the CIA’s National Resources Division, officials said. A U.S. intelligence official said the planned move, confirmed by three other government officials, was being undertaken “for operational reasons.”

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 am

Sort: Relevance ▪ Date
    Future Needs Resume Repository
    Defense - Denver, CO
    Agency:National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Job Announcement Number:20130001 ... The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the World Leader in Geospatial...
    from federalgovernmentjobs.us - 30+ days ago Save - Share - Hide - Report - More tools

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/q-national+geospatial-intelligence+agency+(nga)/l-aurora,+co

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 am

Stan Romaneks video was determined 'palatable' to the masses was it not?

...even if it wasn't declarative of some 150 miscellaneous species in the vicinity of our little proverbial "truck-stop".

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 am

Thank you, all for this additional information. I don't think will be lacking for things to discuss.

There has already been considerable sensitivity about recording anything in KC/MO, even though it's supposed to be me who is being interrogated by L&C. One might think that they would want to have their own record.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 am

So we win some and lose some. What did we win, and what did we lose?

Well we didn't get the public citizen body of an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission. There were just too many non-ufological kindergarteners in Colorado at the time and it was roughly the same time as the attack on communicators here at OMF which spurned the "insider" sentiment of the public being "too toxic to deal with"

But we did still win the shadow government move to Denver and the arm reaching back into surface governance. And now a few years later, Shadow Government has a gal telling the POTUS what to do and how high to jump - Valerie Jarrett. Just one small problem...the tools they used to set up shop were not Constitutionalists, nah, they figured a couple fabian socialists would be easy to control. Too bad for shadow governance, so compartmentalized they didn't realize they weren't the only conspirators on the planet. That they really were small fry in comparison to a multi-millenial movement to cook a planet so it couldn't achieve it's peoples potential...that a much older Contact support program was in progress to sustain and preserve that potential. And that their fun and games have now put that self-improvement process in jeopardy and is bringing the one tool of the people on this world to defend themselves against all forms of tyranny to its knees - the CONSTITUTION and one Constitutional Republic.

Just too close to the web to see it. The proverbial missing the forest for the trees.

Shrug.

oops.

So now we have one attacks on the Bill of Rights. Demonization of the Constitution and oathkeeping by SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center), attempts at disarming the population and removal of access to ammunition.

It's not shooting ET they're worried about because the technocrats aren't running the show. Their fear and paranoia opened the last doors for the multi-millenial Conspirators and they're now having a field day just because the Contact Control Structure feared their own people and would not trust them as partners thus attempting a solitary attempt at setting up control for the event of Unambiguous Contact.

So now we have eugenics...we won that because Dark Globalism needs all manner of Control including over your health....ewwww Obama Care!

It's all interconnected!

So now we have Drones in US skies and a POTUS who won't denounce using them on US Citizens.

We have federal police affiliated law enforcement hiring globalist trained ex-military and practicing military philosophy in law-enforcement, whilst the Federal Administration interviews returning veterans to find out who will follow orders to shoot unarmed civilians and who will not. Guess who gets the promotion and who gets the boot?

This and higher level purges in progress.

The fear anyone should have is not what they've said but what they let in the door to set up shop. IT is not the people. IT is not ET/UT. It is very human and very old. And now it has what it has wanted since the inception of the United States as a nation. Because it knew that a nation for the people, by the people was a danger to insipid despotic power. And a world following the template of such a nation to become a planet of the people, by the people that would one day set an example of Potential even serendiptiously high by the best standards among the stars was horrific if you are a self-serving System Lord.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:05 am

Admin wrote:Stan Romaneks video was determined 'palatable' to the masses was it not?

It came out when the original OpenMindsForum was riding high. As an Admin I was included in many email conversations between leading Ufologers, Aviary, Documentary film producers, Authors, Radio hosts, Video interviewers, former Astronauts, etc.

The video attracted much attention, but in the end it was considered a disgrace.

On the forum, we had CGI and other professionals analyze it in detail. Majority opinion - Hoax.

And all these people are believers in the Contact Paradigm.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 am

The point was not that it was or was not a hoax. Look at the purposes and movement around it's inceptional use.

What I illustrated above. The pieces are spread across the spectrum and what was reported in the late nineties about moving the massive CCS into surface governance was not inaccurate. Even if they were too engrossed to see the other player on the board.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:13 am

dan wrote:
    There has already been considerable sensitivity about recording anything in KC/MO, even though it's supposed to be me who is being interrogated by L&C. One might think that they would want to have their own record.

I think I have interviewed you more than anyone else, yes?

Interrogation? LOL, I can't blame them.

If its recorded, forward me a copy please. Confidentiality assured, as usual.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am

A new report from the Center for Effective Government found reason to
    praise the Obama Administration's openness in some areas of government but
    not in national security, which it said has been a "glaring exception" to
    progress in other domains.
    Among numerous recommendations for future progress, the Center report
    urged the Department of Justice to renounce the use of criminal prosecution
    for leaks to the media. "Unauthorized disclosures of restricted information
    to the media should be handled through administrative channels, not
    criminal prosecution." See "Delivering on Open Government: The Obama
    Administration's Unfinished Legacy," March 10:

http://www.foreffectivegov.org/obama-first-term-transparency-report

Is anyone forgetting that Obama's Peace Prize was never clearly identified?

We get why it was useful. But no one ever pinned down the impetus. And no it had nothing to do with his race.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 am

And another leaker bites the dust? Ineptitude or visual on who controls what? cy

Secrecy News Blog: http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/

** FEDS ADD NEW ESPIONAGE ACT CHARGE AGAINST LINGUIST
    ** WHEN CAN A COURT REJECT AN AGENCY CLASSIFICATION CLAIM?
    ** SUNSHINE WEEK EVENTS AIM TO PROMOTE OPEN GOVERNMENT

FEDS ADD NEW ESPIONAGE ACT CHARGE AGAINST LINGUIST

Last fall, Navy contract linguist James Hitselberger was charged under the
    Espionage Act with two counts of unlawful retention of national defense
    information after several classified documents were allegedly found in his
    possession. (See "Document Collector Charged Under Espionage Statute,"
    Secrecy News, November 7, 2012.)

Two weeks ago, in a superseding indictment, prosecutors added a third
    charge of unlawful retention under the Espionage Act, along with three
    other counts of unauthorized removal of a public record.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/jud/hitsel/indict-sup.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am