Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:21 pm by Big Bunny Love

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeToday at 3:00 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeToday at 2:03 am by dan

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 am by Mr. Janus

» CockaWHO!?
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 pm by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+11
dylan OMF-Original
ScaRZ
IPFreely
Cyrellys
Mur
Paul Chefurka
Jake Reason
Bard
Admin
dan
15 posters

Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Empty Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Testing.......

Yes, it is working.

Congratulations to Cyrellys & Co.!

I will be continuing the BPWH blog from Compass Morainn, which was a continuation from the original OMF site on ProBoards, which is in the process of being re-archived from that site.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by Admin Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: "to Russia with Love..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/Russian-meteor-shower-Sonic-boom-caused-meteorite-hurtling-Chebarkul-injures-1-000-people.html

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

princess - Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II - Page 36 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, hello, OMF II

Post by dan Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Cy,

Yes, each of these disparate events, asteroid vs meteor, was of historical proportions, in it's own right. So, to have them occurring within hours of each other, does seem to beggar the imagination.

The scientists, however, are congenitally incapable of any public expression of incredulity. Privately, over the departmental water coolers, they might be a bit less restrained, we could hope.

Rest assured, however, that they are dusting off their old asteroid grant proposals.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:02 pm

dan wrote:Cy,

Yes, each of these disparate events, asteroid vs meteor, was of historical proportions, in it's own right. So, to have them occurring within hours of each other, does seem to beggar the imagination.

The scientists, however, are congenitally incapable of any public expression of incredulity. Privately, over the departmental water coolers, they might be a bit less restrained, we could hope.

Rest assured, however, that they are dusting off their old asteroid grant proposals.

It's hard to say if this is just coincidental or the occasional rare event...or the return of the cyclic cataclysm; the same one as interrupted the Great War of antiquity. If it is that cyclic event this would be only one event of many to come during the passage. The time frame seems roughly close. And the system's obsession with emergency planning & preparations & continuity of governance & siphon of the monetary system like there is to be no tomorrow behaviorally fits. But then looks can also be deceiving and many other things can be the impetus for all that.

cy

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 am

Date: February 15, 2013 5:43:02 PM EST
    To: Gary and CA 
    Subject: Re: Malachy remote views "The End"????

CA and Gary, 

Initially, about a month before the visit, I was told that its purpose was to support a nuclear free Kashmir, and to provide Benedict, at his request, with further information about the continued ufo sightings near to the conflict area on the Indian border, which is also adjacent to Aliyah's ancestral home in Kashmir.  

In light of subsequent events, both political and astronomical, you may pardon me for speculating as to possible synchronicities, mundane and otherwise.  Should we just turn a blind eye, and walk away, as David suggests?  David, btw, is a closet Jungian, at the very least!  

Well, we will walk away, but just a bit more warily, imo.  

Is Ron an opportunist?  Doesn't he get paid for that?  I go to a weekly evangelical seminar, without even that much excuse.  They have only threatened me twice with arrest.  Spiritual purity may be a bit of an abstraction.  Somewhat in the spirit of John Dillinger, we rob banks, because that's where the 'money' is!  

Dan 

On Feb 15, 2013, at 1:47 PM, CA wrote:

Noble but a muddling of metaphors unless you’re talking about transcending personal boundaries and conflict.

Religion is manmade therefore boundaries imposed by human limitations are inherent. I would have thought that if you truly wanted to transcend this you would first need to reject doctrines historically steeped in bigotry and territorial warfare - not embrace yet another one.

Organised religion has never been about faith or spirituality….perhaps Benedict came to a similar conclusion and opted to walk away with his convictions still intact.

Whatever the subject of your council with the Pope, Ron…I’m pretty sure it didn’t involve alien agendas or the sky falling on Chicken Little’s head so you could of course quash that one in a simple sentence if you really wanted to!
    Pretty sure.....!? And true enough........

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 am

Cy,

And we've been this way, before...... Eternal return.....? True, unless the Creative Source is a tad smarter than you or me........

In that case, you and I are not lab rats, and the Source needs neither a pocket protector nor a slide rule!

You see, Cy, the Source would have no need for a second-best world, and neither would we, we being the co-Creators. No?

We can have our best possible cake, and keep nibbling at it, forever....... Why not?

See, Cy, God doesn't need a time machine..... God simply makes time, as she sees fit. The BPW is a CD that doesn't wear out. And what happened to our free will? Our free will is just as real as the illusion of time will permit, which, as we see, is good enough for all practical purposes. No?

Nibble, nibble......?

Yes, you and have put our quarters in the cosmic Juke Box, didn't you know? And this is play it again, Sam. Is it 'reel', or is it Memorex?

It's neither and both. This is how we wake up to Eternity.... to being one with God. This is our Snooze alarm! We wouldn't want God to oversleep, would we?

When did you choose to be Cy, and I choose to be Dan? Who chose to be Adam Lanza?

It's all just God, you see, re-passing eternity, lost in the funhouse. Why do we so resist the BPW? Why do we have such a death-grip on this illusion? Because we know it is the best possible illusion, and that Eternity is hiding within every shining Presence, especially within our children. Would we have it any other way?

Does it now have to stop.....?

No, it will only get more exciting, until we just can't stand it, anymore. Then we break through. Time loses its grip on our imaginations.
    ------------

12:10---------

Yesterday evening, at 6:40, there was a break in the Aquarium protocol. For 14', we had a serious discussion about the future of Catholicism, in these Endtimes......

Folks at the Vatican are getting a bit tired of having to be the Big Tent. Small is beautiful!?

The Papal See is looking to get lean and mean, no more Mr. Nice Guy. Clear the decks, rough Seas ahead...... Ron seemed positively enthralled with the prospect...... he wearing the Coat of many Colors! Technicolor Dreamcoat?

(Oh, and Ron did want to know what I made of the rumors of John Brennan being a fellow traveling Muslim? Until then, I had thought nothing!)

Chicken Little.....? Hmmm....... When the Cat's away, the mice do play. Well, that's what I was going to say about Jacques Ellul&Co.......

How many ways can we split the hair of Soteriology? Every way 'til Sunday......

With my best possible Universalist pistol, it will be like Indiana Jones in the bazaar. A whole bunch of theologians are suddenly going to wakeup, in the best possible Soup Line, with or without any virgins! It will be potluck/potlatch, the bonfire of every vanity, especially mine! Wonderful........
    ----------

Back to Sunday, next......

There is DESPAIR, and there is hope...... Without despair, can there be any hope?

I won't tell them that, not at first. We'll talk about whether we are smarter than the (natural) Law allows. Too smart for our own good..... too smart, by half!

Or, is Nature so vain, that she needs us to be Her mirror?

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    pman35
    pman35
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pman35 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Dan thanks for these posts very lenghty at times , but i'm sure informative , anyways I wanted to weigh in on the meteor story. came across this "THIS JUST IN FROM A SOURCE:"

The white light from the missile cannot be generated by other objects.

Reason: Normal burning causes red glow max. To get other colours that are indicators of more energy (higher temp) more oxygen is required. Only solid rocket fuel and other oxygen generating engines can produce such effects. So it must have been a missile on this evidence alone.

Double check all I said with meteor and missile experts.

This, each piece of evidence I have just given you, is indisputable and non-ambiguous ie it is conclusive of one fact: it was a missile.

Also, it had a corkscrew trail. A corkscrew trail is only possible with missiles...

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 am

Anima12,

Ok, but what then was Tungusta........ a missile from the Future?! Tungusta was a practice shot...... a stun grenade.

I'm suggesting that it may have been to Russia, with a bit of cosmic Love. The timing was deliberate, but I'm doubtful that it was one of ours. What were the Ruskies up to, to attract this much attention, we might wonder? Or were they just convenient proxies for the rest of us...... go f*ck yourselves, with your atom bomb (factories)..... or something like that.....
    ----------

Now comes the hard part, wrt BPW/BGF.......

Yes, cancer or chrysalis........

Cancer is easy..... any ten-year old could see that we are a cancer.

I could talk to them about anthropics, quantum mechanics, mind/body, etc..... but it gets too technical and soporific. Yes? We need something a bit punchier......

What is the least provocative way to introduce teleology and the Omega? How can we suggest, with Einstein, that the universe is not a crap-shoot? It's not easy, even for a ten-year old. But why not easy? Why do we have to make this so difficult?

Where did our intentionality come from, if we did not 'borrow' it from Nature? Is Nature blind, or are we Her eyes? And without our telescopes, would we not be blind? If nature wanted us to be tree-huggers, why did she give us smart phones? Does it make a lot of sense? Should smart phones be against the law?

But, if we are not a rogue species, then where is all the other sapience? Why does the universe seem so lonely...... so empty?

It seems that sapience was just a shot in the dark. Might appearances be deceiving?

Well, maybe we have a choice, as to which is more upsetting...... deception or absurdity.

I'm suggesting that our pale blue dot, spaceship, way beyond any pale, is part of the Intention.

It is only we, 'westerners', who take appearances so seriously. Our cousins to the east, have always been a bit less literal about how things happen to look. But if those pantheists had been in charge, we wouldn't have smart phones or telescopes, now would we? Nor would we be facing this environmental crisis. I guess we have to choose our battles. And we've already chosen ours, or have we? Perhaps pantheism was a stone left unturned, in our haste to outsmart nature.

The deep-ecologists have been at some pains to turn over that stone. Is there hope in those depths?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Suspected meteor explosion reported in central Cuba
    Xinhua | An object fell from the sky over central Cuba on Thursday night and turned into a fireball “bigger than the sun” before it exploded, a Cuban TV channel reported Friday, citing eyewitnesses.
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sci/2013-02/16/c_132171646.htm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 pm

animal2012 wrote:Hi Dan thanks for these posts very lenghty at times , but i'm sure informative , anyways I wanted to weigh in on the meteor story. came across this "THIS JUST IN FROM A SOURCE:"

Reason: Normal burning causes red glow max. To get other colours that are indicators of more energy (higher temp) more oxygen is required. Only solid rocket fuel and other oxygen generating engines can produce such effects. So it must have been a missile on this evidence alone.

This, each piece of evidence I have just given you, is indisputable and non-ambiguous ie it is conclusive of one fact: it was a missile.

Also, it had a corkscrew trail. A corkscrew trail is only possible with missiles...

nod.

Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:22 pm

animal2012 wrote:Hi Dan thanks for these posts very lenghty at times , but i'm sure informative , anyways I wanted to weigh in on the meteor story. came across this "THIS JUST IN FROM A SOURCE:"

Hi A2012,
    'SOURCE' is either having some fun or he doesn't understand the scale of what happened.

It was traveling approx 45,000 mph, which is approx 12.5 miles per second. It first began to vaporise at approx 60 miles altitude. Look at the famous video in the link below. At first visibility that rock is 60 miles above the surface. 10 times higher then what Jet Airliners fly.

The rock was approx 50 feet in diameter, weighing approx 10,000 tons. And every second it bores through 12 miles of atmosphere. Take the surface area of something 50 ft in diameter and multiply it by the amount of feet in 12 miles. That total would be how many cubic feet of air it contacted every second (well over 10 million cu,ft.), and compressing it at 15 times faster than a 50 cal rifle bullet. It had plenty of oxygen to burn.

Now look at the famous contrail picture in the link below. It looks like it's about a mile high and about a half mile long. But actually it is approx 15 miles high. It is the smoke left from when it broke up and exploded. Watch the video again. The explosion portion, when it lights up brighter and larger than the sun, lasted for approx 3 seconds. Therefore, that contrail is approx 3 x 12.5 miles = 37 miles long! And knowing the length of the contrail caused by the explosive vaporization of thousands of tons of rock, we can guesstimate its diameter to be about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile in diameter. That's over 800 yards thick!

What an awesome sight.

The people on the ground didn't hear the explosions and sonic booms until well over a minute after the sky lit up and left the smoke trail, because sound only travels at 1/6 of a mile per second.

How small we are.

http://www.nature.com/news/russian-meteor-largest-in-a-century-1.12438

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you, all, for the updates on the celestial coincidence. It may have been a marker of some kind, for those who have more information. The rest of us can only shake our heads and move on. It provided some relief from mundane events.

I go back to the outline for Sunday.......

My brief exposure on the Salmony environmental list was instructive but not otherwise informative. Folks are ever only able to think outside of, at most, one box, in their lifetime. Unfortunately, in the case of the Eschaton, it will require, at the least, two boxes, which is one too many for us mortals. There will need to be some further input or motivation. Have I, thereby, failed Sophia? Perhaps.

(And, speaking of Sophia, this was several months ago with Aliyah, when we were still on speaking terms, sort of........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHye0kzLM4 I'm afraid to watch.)

Come hell or high water, environmentalists do not wish to hear of God. OTOH, the theists do not want to hear about the environment. Ne'er the twain shall meet. I do bring a rational compromise to that table, but I do not have access to the cosmic trigger. Until such time, what can we expect anyone else to do, other than to shake their heads and walk on by?

IOW, each of us can tolerate, at the very most, one paradigm/gestalt switch in a lifetime. Most of us cannot tolerate even one. A paradigm shift is, therefore, necessarily intergenerational. This has been true of the paradigms in physics. It is the young Turks who pick up on the new one, while the rest of us pass away.

The two main paradigms that make up the BPWH, eshcaton/immaterialism, would, individually, each be the biggest change in history. Putting the two together, would make the celestial coincidence of Freaky Friday, seem but a bump in the night.

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 am

dan wrote:

(And, speaking of Sophia, this was several months ago with Aliyah, when we were still on speaking terms, sort of........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHye0kzLM4 I'm afraid to watch.)

Oh my! what a pleasant surprise. Clear the desk. Watching now.

Thank you Dan, Ron and Aliyah
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 am

You are most welcome, Jake. Let us note how patient Aliyah is being with my stumbling around. This is likely to presage Sunday. The intro, however, will be quite different. There will be no mention of the UN speech of Mahmoud, for instance. But, in both cases, we'll be jumping into the Endtimes, with both feet.

Date: February 18, 2013 2:40:47 PM EST
    To: Gary G. 
    Cc: Paul, Michael and John
    Subject: Re: World teacher.  No?

Every other environmentalist assumes that the world is broken, and needs to be fixed.  

Paul and I disagree.  We understand that the Spirit moves as it will, and we cannot separate ourselves from that presence.  

The Teacher simply needs to explain what is going on..... Who are we, from whence do we come, and whither do we go?  Then we will have no fear or animosity.  

Who will listen?  Everyone will listen, with the proper introduction.  What would be the proper introduction?  I can think of a message that goes viral.  

Cannot any of you?  Are your imaginations that stifled?  

On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:15 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

Gary, Paul and Michael,  

None of us discount the possibility of Avatars.  In the midst of past crises, great Teachers have emerged.  Why are we not expecting a teacher for these, most parlous of times?  

Will this teacher not need an apology for our dire straights?  

Date: February 18, 2013 3:06:09 PM EST
    To: Paul C
    Cc: ......
    Subject: Re: World teacher. No?

Paul, 

Two points...... 

1.)   An Apologia is, in the first instance, an explanation or an excuse.  

2.)  It has been a long time since there has been a world Teacher/Healer.  Why such a delay, to the point where most of us, excepting you, Paul, feel that we have been abandoned?  

An apology need not imply that there has been a mistake.  It only need imply that an explanation is greatly needed, by the rest of us.  

Is there no rhyme or reason?  Why, then, were we granted the ability to reason?  

On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:45 PM, Paul C wrote:

Why would a teacher at that level need an apology?  If I were that teacher, I'd just look around and say "This is how it is.  No blame attaches to things being the way they are." And I'm nowhere near as evolved as a teacher like that would have to be.  Blame and fault are the first attachments a conscious being discards, no?

What would an apology do for a teacher?  Would it improve the teaching?  If any apology is required, it strikes me that it would be more useful if it was directed inward, not outward.

Paul

Date: February 18, 2013 3:22:25 PM EST
    To: Paul C 
    Cc: ......  
    Subject: Re: World teacher. No?

Paul, 

Yes, everyone has listened to at least one of these, and that was long before mass media and the Internet.  

Nowadays, virtually, our every thought is recorded in the Aether/Cloud/Akashic record.  

All that remains is to fashion these thoughts into a concise and coherent statement or, better, into a cosmic dialog.  

Are there any powers that can overcome Truth?  Do you doubt that the Truth will emerge exactly when and where it is needed?  

When is the time ripe?  When should that Season come around?  Is today too soon?  

On Feb 18, 2013, at 3:06 PM, Paul C > wrote:

Why would everyone listen?  Did everyone listen to Christ, Buddha, Mohammed, or Bahá'u'lláh?
    "Let him who has ears, let him hear."

If a teacher arises, they will presumably lack all arrogance, and will be perfectly content with the audience they receive, however large or small it may be.

Paul

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
    pman35
    pman35
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pman35 Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Jake thanks for reponding to my post I came across the information here on the project camelot site http://projectcamelotportal.com/

this is the complete post riday, 15 February 2013 13:50
    Written by Kerry Cassidy
    inShare
    digg

THIS JUST IN FROM A SOURCE:

Any experts out there who want to weigh in on this claim email me at kerry@projectcamelot.tv

It is not as crazy an idea as you might think. If you look at the info I posted originally on the Meteors over Russia you will see that certain people in Russia were claiming that the Russian military 'shot it down'....

12:24 GMT: The military had nothing to do with the aerial meteorite explosion, the Urals Emergency Ministry said: "Russia's defense ministry took no action connected to the incident. No aircrafts has been registered in the air at the given period of time." Earlier, there were unconfirmed reports that the military had shot down the falling meteorite, shattering it into pieces. http://rt.com/news/russia-meteor-meteorite-asteroid-chelyabinsk-291/

It is also interesting that this article states:

15:42 GMT: NASA said that the Chelyabinsk fireball had nothing to do with the approaching 2012 DA14 asteroid, as some scientists had previously suggested. http://rt.com/news/russia-meteor-meteorite-asteroid-chelyabinsk-291/

If I mislead anyone with my posting of the "source" material i should have posted the full article first.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 am

My focus remains with the three others, on the Salmony list. If there is any progress, it is slow, indeed. The closer that folks get to the light, the larger loom their shadows. The more cautious they become.

Their faith, love and hope are so fragile that they fear the least cloud on the horizon. They see each such cloud as the harbinger of their final disillusionment. Instead, they suit-up, in their heaviest armor, fearing this to be their final battle. And that it is!

The conversation with Chris does continue, and that could be significant.

With each of these exchanges, there is additional preparation for Sunday. Do I have my hopes up? Is the Pope catholic? Have my hopes been dashed? Is the Pope catholic? And so it goes....... Will they know what hit them? I seriously doubt it.

Hope springs eternal. But where is that eternal Spring? What source is that? Is it not the fountain of youth?

Hope sets us apart from the rest of Nature. But are we not still a part of Nature? If we are, then how can we suppose Nature to be malicious, unless we choose to project our shadow upon Her?

(cont.)

Bard
    Bard

Post by Bard Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 am

dan wrote:My focus remains with the three others, on the Salmony list. If there is any progress, it is slow, indeed. The closer that folks get to the light, the larger loom their shadows. The more cautious they become.

Their faith, love and hope are so fragile that they fear the least cloud on the horizon. They see each such cloud as the harbinger of their final disillusionment. Instead, they suit-up, in their heaviest armor, fearing this to be their final battle. And that it is!

This reminded me of something:

For months unpon months a single Christian mother would convey in absolution of the need to find love or why it continues to evade her. It pulled at my heartstrings to hear the repeated plea going unanswered.

So I asked: Why are those seemingly the closet to God - also the most fragile?

The question alone put us on non-speaking terms. Perhaps, there is some wisdom to be learned in asking the right question - at the wrong time. Then again, is there ever a wrong time?

dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

Wrong time, MD?

I think not.
    -------

We do wish to engage our brothers and sisters. No? Then let us speak up to them, not down.

We are the Green forum..... we give voice to the rest of Creation, of course! We even ascribe souls to the trees, but then we deny souls to humans? What sense is that?

By seeming to value trees above humans, we serve the interests of neither. The trees do not have ears. Humans do.

Trees cannot save trees. Humans can.

How do we best appeal to human interest? By reducing that interest to its lowest, material denominator?

Again, I ask you, why are we in this business? Who do we think we are saving, and why?

removed an email exchange...........

Yes, Virginia, we have no hope. And what is a body to do? From whence might come our next hope? Should we pray for it? Would that hurt?

Nay, I suggest, quite simply, that we hope for hope, without being too particular or abstemious. That is no easy task, but it will be possible for a few, at first, and, once they get the hang of it, others are sure to follow. That is how the world works, up to this point. Is Nature without hope? If so, then from whence comes ours?

3:40-------

Golly, it has been a busy day on the email lists, but it would be difficult for me to summarize.

Well, I am claiming to be the best source or hope, in these Endtimes. Who else is there, presently extant?

Everyone is terribly reluctant to admit to the End. And they do have a point. What I point to is the end of our mortality, which is not quite the same as the end of the world, now is it?

5:10---------

As of now, the Princess dialog has been removed from viewing. Why is this very innocent dialog now being treated as if it were a state secret?

And why did it take five months before it was allowed even this very brief exposure?

One might suppose that there is a message embedded in these machinations. Or, am I just being paranoid....... http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2013/01/the-aviary-and-the-eschaton-an-interview-with-dan-t-smith/

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Thank you A-2012. I am sorry that Kerry has taken this stance. She would have done well to vet it with scientific sources first before posting. It appears she is being attacked by someone who is trying to discredit her judgment. I knew her before Project Camelot was formed. She is a good hearted person.

@Dan re: Aliyah discussion;

Well I guess Ron was testing the waters. I watched them all. Surely he has an IP record of all who accessed it.

The discussion wasn't very complimentary for you, as you were slow to gather your thoughts during the impromptu. Aliyah did well. Sensible, thoughtful and coherent. It didn't surprise me that she decided to graciously step away from continuing the discussion.

It would appear that you will not persuade her to your BPW Hypothesis. She commented to many points, the way I might have answered. I tend toward presuming that Ron may have a similar perspective.

Given your performance, it does not appear you will garner sufficient support from any competent group, to be a spokesman for Disclosure. Perhaps a colleague of Ron's watched it and their reviews suggested it might embarrass Ron's credibility to keep it publicly available. Also plausibly why you were declined attendance to the private UFO conference that JS attended.

I understood your internal dilemma during the discussion, and remained consistently aware of what you were thinking while trying to form your thoughts. And when you did form your thoughts to words, you said what I had expected. So I understood the conversation. But it is likely that most everyone else would not. Including Aliyah.

You need more practice Dan. Perhaps this weekend will provide you that.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 am

Jake,

I thank you for your honest appraisal. Clearly, Aliyah did not have her heart in it. Ron coaxed her into it, and she balked. This leaves Ron in a awkward spot. And me? Maybe there will be a workaround.
    ------------

Back to the talk.........

1.) End of progress? End of evolution?

2.) How much of civilization is sustainable? For how long?

3.) Economic adjustment to no growth or de-growth? Global credit squeeze may only get worse. Regional competition threatens global trade and security. Or will there be a reversion to tribalism?

4.) Prosperous way down? How much of a cushion? Nuclear (energy) option. Alarmism?

5.) End of evolution? End of science? AI? Transhumanism?

6.) Do we have a home within a natural order? Or will we always be the orphan species? Rogue actors? The wild card in the ecological/evolutionary deck? Would we not have to dumb ourselves down? Reverse genetic engineering? Remove the God-gene, amongst others?

7.) MoAPS? Technology has ruled the intellectual roost. Is it simply our destiny to have been the one-time mirrors of Nature? Was that a fluke?

8.) What does ecology say to ontology.......? To be is to relate! Is there, indeed, a deep ecology? How could it not include us? We have spent the duration of our presence on Earth, climbing the Mt. Improbable, or is it the mountain of wisdom? As we finally reach the summit, may we not rediscover the primordial wisdom, from our ancient of days?

9.) What is the Nature that will bat last? Will it be exclusive or inclusive wrt you and me? Will it be genocidal? Will there be a table for us, in the restaurant at the end of the Universe?

10.) Do we even have a nature, an essence? Tabula rasa? Existence before essence?

11.) It was Cartesianism that drew a line between us and Nature. What happens when we erase that line? What happens to us..... what happens to Nature? Pan-psychism?! Or was it all an accident? Is that what our deep ecologists suppose? Or is there a deep connection? Are these questions best left to our private reveries? Who else would understand?

12.) Nature bats last.......? Taking ecology seriously....... Taking it personally......

13.) If we are to take ecology seriously, and not resort to human exceptionalism, then we cannot also suppose that we are interlopers..... that we are the unexpected guests.

14.) Ecologists commune with Nature. No? If we don't, how can we ever expect to coexist?

15.) All of the above should speak to the question of whether we are a Cancer or Chrysalis? Does the Earth experience its death throes or birth pangs?

16.) This is also to say, with Aristotle, that we cannot draw a line between physics and metaphysics. In Greek parlance, 'physis' simply means Nature. The two notions are naturally combined within cosmology/cosmogony. It is to that topic that we must now turn.......

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Another busy day.........
    Date: February 20, 2013 3:07:22 PM EST
    To: Michael Kavanaugh 
    Cc: .......
    Subject: Re: Acting Clueless at Harvard about "ideas that matter"

(cont......6) 

Right the Cartesian wrong........?  Sure, simply by supposing that mind is not unnatural!  

This is how vitalism becomes panpsychism, and how panpsychism becomes pantheism.  

Which is also to say that you and I are not interlopers.  We are not rogue agents.  

Does this then mean that the Earth is our home?  Well, yes and no.......!! 

What it does mean is that you and I are not the passive mirrors of nature...... 

I would suggest something a 'little' bit more proactive....... 

Yes, finally, you and I are co-Creators.  Is that just a bit too much to swallow?  Welcome to a brave new world.....!  Welcome to the participatory universe...... welcome to my mentor's world...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Archibald_Wheeler  

If life is not an absurdity, then it is participatory.  The essence of every existence is a self-organizing, bootstrap reality.  This is the oldest wisdom, and the newest understanding.  

We have climbed Mt Improbable, just to find the fount of all wisdom.  The knowledge explosion becomes our knowledge implosion.  We live in interesting times.  

Dan 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

(cont......5) 

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound.  Does ecology have a meaning without ecologists?  Does sentience have a meaning without sapience?  And so it goes...... 

Are we the Mirror of Nature?  Does nature need a mirror?  Perhaps it doesn't.  

Does vitalism make any sense without panpsychism?  Does panpsychism make any sense without a psyche?  Does life make any sense?  Or, is your utility nothing more than an obstacle to my utility?  

Has the Modern mind run off its rails?  When did that happen?  Did it not happen when Descartes suggested that there was a disconnect between us and Nature?  Why would any sane person suggest such a thing?  Well, the answer is excruciatingly obvious...... 

Descartes put our cart before our horse......  He supposed that Creation was fallen.  If you read that last sentence very carefully, you will know more about our environmental crisis than almost everyone else.  That historical fact is what I've been struggling with, for the past 35 years.  How can we set that right?  All the King's horses, and all the King's men...... 

There is only one way to right the Cartesian wrong....... 

(cont.....6) 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Dan Smith > wrote:

(cont......4) 

Yes, vitalism is my spiritual foot in the door of Modernism....... 

Vitalism is nothing without that even more 'dirty' word....... teleology.  If Utility won't hack it, then what about teleology?  Am I suggesting that evolution might, pace every (professional!) biologist, have a direction?  

Yes and no!  I only and humbly submit, that life might not be an absurdity, clearly not for you, and not for me, but, more importantly, not for homo sapiens.  

I am only suggesting that ecology could not have been complete without ecologists!  And where is the spirit of ecology without deep ecology?  Are we afraid to admit that we have ever felt a real connection with Nature, or that 'nature' even has a meaning.  Meaning for whom? 

How can we be connected with each other, if we are not also connected to the world?  If we are not connected with each other, then how can we possibly share our ultimate concerns?  If we cannot share those concerns, then what is the point of our communication?  

(cont.....5) 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

(cont.....3) 

Ok, here is where I throw my (BPWH) curve-ball........ 

If we ecologists are going to have to depart from Science, in order to breathe fire into the Environmental movement, then, in the eyes of many, we would be making a big mistake.  In particular, I point the finger at Jack Alpert...... my good buddy, and my primary antagonist, in the matter of spirit.  

Jack strongly believes that saving the world is all about mutual utility.  Well, I humbly submit that 'mutual utility' is an oxymoron.  I have my utility, and you have your utility.  If your utility ever gets in the way of my utility, just watch out.....!  

I'm not the only one on this list to question the political pragmatism of RPD.  It is a beautiful theory that runs up against some very ugly facts.  Unless we are ready and able to adopt a global dictatorship, it is very unclear where the RPD 'rubber' will meet the road.  Even the Chicoms are having to back off.  No?  

If Utilitarianism is not the answer, then all we have left is Vitalism!  Is that a weak sister, or what.....?!  

(cont.......4) 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Dan Smith  wrote:

(cont......2) 

It is precisely at this point that Modernism receives its comeuppance....... 

How can everything be connected and disconnected at the same time?  And, in particular, where do we, humans, fit into the scheme of Nature?  If we don't fit, then nothing fits.  It's just that simple.  

But, if we somehow do fit, then we must be willing to entertain some form of Vitalism!  If you don't know that vitalism is a dirty word in biology, then you have been hiding in a cave.  

Look, if we are to coexist with Nature, then must there not be some mutual respect, something beyond the simplistic, reductionistic notion that Nature Bats Last, that nature is genocidal? 

Yes, we can take a purely utilitarian view of Nature, but isn't that what got us into our present bind?  Must we jump through logical utilitarian hoops, every time we stoop to rescue a snail-darter?  

Where would ecology be, without Deep Ecology?  I'll tell you where it would be..... it would be soulless.  And you wonder why we are losing the Soul wars?  Wonder no longer!  

(cont.....3) 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

(cont........) 

You see, when science argues against human exceptionalism, it only goes half way..... 

What science is actually saying is that you and I are just accidents of nature, and, in fact, everything we see is just one big accident.  You know the drill...... life is an absurdity in a meaningless universe...... history is a tale, full of sound and fury, as told by an idiot...... 

Perhaps so, but where does that leave us and Nature?  

Well, it leaves everything disconnected, if not discombobulated.  But this is not the picture that is painted by the ecologists.  They see everything as being connected.  Ecology has been a difficult lesson for science.  It is my thesis that this lesson is not quite finished.  I aim at nothing less than finishing the lesson........ Well, someone will have to...... If not Sunday, then Monday....

(cont.......2) 

On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

Mike, 

[.......]

Yes, here is a new thought...... 

Ecologists quite naturally suppose that Nature was doing just fine, until we, humans, made the scene, and commenced to burn every (natural) bridge (at both ends!), as if there would be no tomorrow.  And now we find ourselves twisting slowly, in the cosmic wind.  

What is wrong with this picture....?  

What is wrong is that it harkens back to that defining moment in the rise of Modernism...... the Cartesian dichotomy between humankind and nature, which is also expressed as the dichotomy between body and soul/mind.  

Science has amply demonstrated that there is no such division.  What then of human exceptionalism?  

(cont......)  

p.s. Sam, here begings the outline of my talk....... 

Last edited by dan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

dan wrote:Jake,

Let us note how patient Aliyah is being with my stumbling around. This is likely to presage Sunday. The intro, however, will be quite different. There will be no mention of the UN speech of Mahmoud, for instance. But, in both cases, we'll be jumping into the Endtimes, with both feet.

>

I thank you for your honest appraisal. Clearly, Aliyah did not have her heart in it. Ron coaxed her into it, and she balked. This leaves Ron in a awkward spot. And me? Maybe there will be a workaround.

You're welcome, Dan.

Ron has left up your - "Conversation with Himself"

It would appear that he has put you in an awkward spot. In fact it appears like a concerted effort to completely discredit you. Especially considering Aliyah's obviously distancing hospitality. She seemed sincere in that too. Trying to be kind....

So why did Ron "The Producer" remove the other videos and keep this one on the net? To hide in plain sight? OR, To expose in plain sight?

You said it may be one of the most significant conversations on the internet.

Why do you suppose that?

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks for pointing this out, Jake. I'm not sure how you found it.

It is clearly a fragment of something larger. It may be better than nothing, in that it does implicate Ron, and perhaps even national security, however indirectly, in something to do with the BPWH/Danianity...... No?!

Last edited by dan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jake Reason
    Jake Reason
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jake Reason Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Oh, I had just signed off Dan, and saw that you responded to the above. We are both night-owls this day.

I found it by clicking the uploader. Who is listed as Ron Pandolfi. Clicking his name (on youtube) re-directed me to his youtube account. There I found the above video.

I had done that a couple days ago. And I watched all the videos except the uploaded children programing cartoons. And in case you wonder, I did see your discussion with the man who I presume is family or in-law of the Princess. I reserve any comment concerning that chat.

I had not ever heard Ron's voice before - briefly interjected from time-to-time in the background. I was glad to receive that personalization. He is a modest genteel man.

I wonder many things.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 am

Date: February 21, 2013 9:01:45 AM EST
    To: Sam
    Subject: Re: Being considerate of your audience's expectations based on what other speakers have done

Sam, 

1.)  We agree that what I owe to the audience is the best possible presentation.  

2.)  We have also agreed that this is a work in progress.  

But now you are acting as if you were my manager.  Even Ron has figured out that this is not his role, and I don't think he delegated that role to you, unless you know something I don't.  

If there is any fault, it is mine for volunteering prematurely.  Maybe I did, but, Sam, in case you hadn't noticed, we are under some time pressure relative to the saving of the world.  

I've been working on this thesis for 35 years.  Any normal person would suppose that I should have gotten my ducks in a row, by now.  You are that normal person.  

When it comes to saving the world, there are many risks that have to be balanced.  Timing is perhaps the one biggest risk.  I, personally, am only a small part of the time equation.  There are many ideas that need to be corralled and tamed.  That is the ongoing process, that is bigger than you or me.  In that process, I am something of a spectator.  These ideas are much bigger than we are.  They have lives of their own.  I can only coax them, and occasionally wrestle with them.  They have their own sense of time.  This is animism, if you want a word for it.  It is about the Living word, if you will, however foreign that notion may be to the academically minded.  I can try to act as a lion tamer.  That is all I can do.  Will these Ideas be on their good behavior, come Sunday?  Well, don't let them sense my fear!  

I will continue with the revision process, up until 4pm, nay, 5:30 and beyond.  It will continue to transpire on the Salmony list and/or on the Forum.  Feel free to make any list of any ideas at any time.  Good luck with that.  You have the right to circulate any list at any time, but not necessarily with my blessing.  We are all participants, when it come to wrestling with the Truth. 

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 am

Living truth........

As a case in point, consider Nature, and its state of Grace, or lack thereof......

This may be the one area where the ancient wisdom did 'fail' us, as if failure were possible, when it comes to any sort of wisdom.

(Oh, BTW, there was not a single response to those six posts sent yesterday to eight members of the Salmony list, with the exception of Sam, who, like most of you, is quite convinced that I am out of my gourd. Sometimes I wonder, myself! Or I may even be more aware of the thin blue line of sanity, than are you, good folks. Perhaps what I was trying to explain to Sam is that wrestling with God is not for the feint of heart. Often it is agonizing. To suggest to any audience, otherwise, would an exercise in Grand Deception! No?)

The state of nature was, until yesterday, just another one of thousands of loose, abstract ideas circulating in my poor little head. Every once in awhile, one of those ideas jumps out and bites me on the butt. The ecstasy and the agony...... Yesterday, it was the turn for the state of nature. Whenever that happens, all the other ideas have to scurry to find their places, back in 'line', or back at the campfire circle. It can almost be amusing, it's like turning over a rock on a (leaf-cutter) ant nest.

It is the operation of the second law of thermodynamics, 'heat death', that most succinctly describes the ongoing processes of corruption and decay that seem to override all of our best efforts, in this sub-lunar realm of mortality.

Every spiritual tradition has pointed to this fallen state of Nature, contrasting it with negatively with various alleged supra-mundane realms. In the West, we get a double whammy of this, from the notion of original sin and from the Platonic philosophy.

Countervailing thoughts easily stand out, in this crowd........

10:30--------

1.) Zoroaster was our first, world-class prophet, and he was also the first to predict a mundane messianic victory, in the End! That countervailing view has held sway in this arena, ever since, and against all odds.

2.) Pythagoras, contra Plato, was the first to espy the harmonies of the Spheres, that lay hidden in the mundane realm. Physicists have never looked back.

3.) Jesus ushered in the Evangelon, the West has not looked back, not until Peak Oil.

Yes, these three are the Standouts.

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm