Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeToday at 12:33 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:23 pm by RealPan

» Livin Your Best Life
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by dan

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 am by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Empty The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz

Post by Admin Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Euler210

(Thread Post Setup on Behalf of GarzParz, Enjoy!)

GARZPARZ: Morality is a just a shadow of right action. Right action isn’t the highest degree of morality any more than agapè is the highest degree of love. When you understand and are able to act from right action, morality is no longer necessary; it’s instantly obsolete and discarded.

This is at the heart of the Bhagavad Gita.

Arjuna, as a moral creature, throws down his weapon and refuses to launch a war.

As he, I threw my arms down and refused to fight.

Krishna converts him to a creature of right action by freeing him from delusion and Arjuna takes up his weapon and launches the war.

This is what I have realized also. I found a sword inside as well. I’m at war now, not within. I’m not always nice and peaceful. Of course it is a story always happening. Right action has nothing to do with right or wrong, good or evil, naughty or nice. It is without altruism or compassion. Morality is the set of rules and regulations that you use to navigate through life when you’re still trying to steer your ship rather than let it follow the flow.

Go with the flow always, you can’t fight it. I am overcome.

Happiness, Compassion are dream concepts for an ego trying to realize itself, but self can’t know no-self.

I would make a good assassin with this understanding, no thanks Wink

The owl of this world loves to live in the ruins of love.” - Polynation - Sufi I song

ADMIN NOTE: See more of Garzparz posts at Dan Smiths thread. Special Guest Forum.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Empty Re: The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz

Post by Guest Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:52 pm

The Magus

The Emerald Tablet of Hermès by Hermès Tristmegistus translated from Arabic by Idres Shah

A document of dispute from history. Translated and commented on by Sir Isaac Newton himself. A celebrated text from Alchemy. May be based on an ancient Taoist text.

Image - I particularly like this Tarot image of The Magus based on ancient alchemical symbology. If you decode the meaning of the symbols in the image, you can find things out about yourself.

1) The truth, certainty, truest, without untruth.
    2 )What is above is like what is below. What is below is like what is above. The miracle of unity is to be attained.
    3) Everything is formed from the contemplation of unity, and all things come about from unity, by means of adaptation.
    4) Its parents are the Sun and Moon.
    5) It was borne by the wind and nurtured by the Earth.
    6) Every wonder is from it
    6a) and its power is complete.
    7) Throw it upon earth,
    7a) and earth will separate from fire. The impalbable separated from the palpable.
    8 ) Through wisdom it rises slowly from the world to heaven. Then it descends to the world combining the power of the upper and the lower.
    9 )Thus you will have the illumination of all the world, and darkness will disappear.
    10) This is the power of all strength- it overcomes that which is delicate and penetrates through solids.
    11a) This was the means of the creation of the world.
    12) And in the future wonderful developements will be made, and this is the way.
    13) I am Hermes the Threefold Sage, so named because I hold the three elements of all wisdom.
    14) And thus ends the revelation of the work of the Sun.

-(Shah 1964: 198)

black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 Empty Re: The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz

Post by Guest Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Sharing a video from someone who has a view similar to my current conception of Cosmos.

I like Jordan P a lot.

He makes sense.

There is a rhythm to things.

A form.

A flow.

Life is a dance.

An art.

It is creative at its center.

Creation is violent.

Creation happens in phases.

I have hit on the meaning of life.

It is a gloriously ugly/beautiful, delicate/violent venture.

My religion is boiled down to living life the way it feels right to live. Christ was/is my meta hero. But I expanded my pantheon to include Black Elk, Black Sparrow Hawk, OSHO, Jospeh Campbell, Babaji, Yogananda, George Harrison, John Lennon to name a few.

As The Magus you learn to put the elements of life together and when you have everything in the right proportions, say the right words and act a certain way, a turbo booster gets strapped to your back and you go into orbit as a celestial body. That is a homecoming of sorts for a Human Being.

At least that’s how my letting my faith go and embracing myself felt.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Dark Night

A friend of mine is close to this.

As Ram Dass writes: “The dark night of the soul is when you have lost the flavor of life but have not yet gained the fullness of divinity. So it is that we must weather that dark time, the period of transformation when what is familiar has been taken away and the new richness is not yet ours.”

I remember the night this literally happened to me. It was terrifying. I thought someone was in the room. I was hyperventilating. It was intense. For myself, this night 3 years ago, I yielded.

I wasn’t sure it was a real thing until after it happened and I picked up the pieces.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Stoic minute...

“I was shipwrecked before I even boarded . . .
    the journey showed me this—how much of what
    we have is unnecessary, and how easily we can decide
    to rid ourselves of these things whenever it’s necessary,
    never suffering the loss.”

—SENECA, MORAL LETTERS, 87.1

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:15 pm

What is Death to Us?

What a poem On the Nature of Things.

Is life so awful to live? I think this the simplest way to see life. It’s important to resolve these driving fears about life.

“Lucretius offered a vision of divine indifference. There was no afterlife, no system of rewards and punishments meted out from on high. Gods, by virtue of being gods, could not possibly be concerned with the doings of human beings. One simple name for the plague that Lucretius brought, and a charge frequently levelled against him then and since, is atheism.”

“So, when our mortal frame shall be disjoin’d,
    The lifeless lump uncoupled from the mind,
    From sense of grief and pain we shall be free;
    We shall not feel, because we shall not be.
    Though earth in seas, and seas in heaven were lost,
    We should not move, we only should be toss’d.
    Nay, e’en suppose when we have suffer’d fate
    The soul should feel in her divided state,
    What’s that to us? for we are only we,
    While souls and bodies in one frame agree.
    Nay, though our atoms should revolve by chance,
    And matter leap into the former dance;
    Though time our life and motion could restore,
    And make our bodies what they were before,
    What gain to us would all this bustle bring?
    The new-made man would be another thing.“

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 pm

History may give hints to the Mystery, as a matter of fact, I’m sure it does.

I found the wonder of meaningless, god forbid anyone think themselves enlightened. It’s psychological suicide. A lot kill themselves because of the awareness of the meaningless of life. Meaning is not found. Life is how Consciousness happens and chooses to be known and just the way energy moves. Someone who truly is seeking the Truth already knows it. They just want someone to convince them it’s not true.

I can only say I have yielded to it. Everything is the Mystery. So nothing can be revealed as no one is here to reveal it to. And nothing can be known of the unknowable. So we are here and it’s revealing itself through our living in time.

Pay attention.

Dan is trying to. It would be foolish to run from life. The experience of it is all we can be aware of. Does he have a secret passage out?

Who cares?

You cannot escape dualism using dualistic means.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm

http://gnosis.org/audio/hermes-gnosis.mp3

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Stoic minute...

“Life is long if you know how to use it.”

— Seneca - On the Shortness of Life

EXHAUSTION

Do you wish to realize the Way?
    Dissolve everything instantly,
    like a drop of water hitting
    a red-hot coal.

Forget thoughts and feelings
    and ideas of self. Remaining ordinary,
    foregoing airs, persevering in simplicity
    for years and decades, you enter into
    the Oneness, and it into you.

— Wei Wu Wei

Post by Guest Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Amor Fati

Love your fate
    Not merely
    To bear what
    Is necessary
    But love it

— Epictetus is attributed this, my stoic friend

“I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it—all idealism is mendacity in the face of what is necessary—but love it.

Only great pain is the ultimate liberator of the spirit….I doubt that such pain makes us ‘better’; but I know that it makes us more profound.”

— Nietzsche

Post by Guest Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:45 pm

FIRE

The present moment is the
    source of everything. As long
    as you have resentments
    about the past or ideas about
    the future, you cannot
    genuinely be in the present.

You owe it to your future self,
    and to the rest of us, to be
    completely absorbed here and
    now. Make all notions of past
    and future a cool pile of ashes
    in the corner.

— Wei Wu Wei

black -  The Black Hole Soul by GarzParz - Page 6 F0257110

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 am

THE JOYOUS

In its essence,the Way is without
    words. All this talking and pointing
    and carrying on, only signposts.
    Gather too many of them and they’ll
    weigh you down. Just be silent.

— Wei Wu Wei

Being silent...

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Stoic minute...

“All those who call you to themselves draw you away from yourself. How many days have they stolen from you?

Everyone hustles their life along, troubled by the longing for the future and weariness of the present.

But the person who spends all their time on their own needs, who organizes everyday like it’s their last, neither longs for or fears the next day.

For the rest of your life, Fortune can do with it as she likes: your life is secure in the now. Nothing can be taken from your life, and you can only add to it as if giving to a man who is already full and satisfied with food which he does not want but can hold.

White hair and wrinkles does not mean a man has lived long, only existed long.”

— Seneca - On the Shortness of Life - p. 10-11

Guard your time...live your life.

Memento Mori Amor Fati

Post by Guest Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:28 pm

The 10 Gifts of Apollo

Found by way of Marcus Aurelius on how to handle anger and other Humans. He reminds me all people are rational and social and to consider these aspects.

1) Remember the close bond between yourself and the rest of mankind…

2) Think of the characters of those who offend you at the table, in their beds, and so on. In particular, remember the effect their negative way of thinking has on them, and the misplaced confidence it gives them in their actions.

3) If what they’re doing is right, you’ve no reason to complain; and if it’s not right, then it must have been involuntary and unintentional. Because just as “no-one ever deliberately denies the truth,” according to Socrates, so nobody ever intentionally treats another person badly. That’s why these negative people are themselves insulted if anyone accuses them of injustice, ingratitude, meanness, or any other sort of offence against their neighbours -they just don’t realise they’re doing wrong.

4) You yourself, are no different from them, and upset people in various ways. You might avoid making some mistakes, but the thought and inclination is still there, even if cowardice or egotism or some other negative motive has held you back you from copying their mistakes.

5) Remember, you’ve got no guarantee they’re doing the wrong thing anyway, people’s motives aren’t always what they seem. There’s usually a lot to learn before any sure-footed moral judgements can be made about other people’s actions.

6) Tell yourself, when you feel upset and fed up, that human life is transient and only lasts a moment; it won’t be long before we’ll all have been laid to rest.

7) It’s not the actions of these men that upsets us that’s their own problem but the colour we put on them ourselves. Get rid of this, make a decision to quit thinking of things as insulting, and your anger immediately disappears. How do you get rid of these thoughts? By realising that you’ve not really been harmed by their actions. Moreover, unless genuine harm to your soul is all that worries you, you’ll wind up being guilty of all sorts of offences against other people yourself.

8 ) Anger and frustration hurt us more than the things we’re annoyed about hurt us.

9) Kindness is an irresistible force, so long as it’s genuine and without any fake smiles or two-facedness. Even the most stubborn bad attitude is nothing, if you just keep being nice to the person concerned. Politely comment on his behaviour when you get the chance and, just when he’s about to have another go at you, gently make him self-conscious by saying “No, my son; we’re not meant for this. I’ll not be hurt; you’re just hurting yourself.” Subtly draw his attention to this general fact; even bees and other animals that live in groups don’t act like he does. Do it without any hint of sarcasm or nit-picking, though; do it with real affection and with your heart free from resentment. Don’t talk to him harshly like a school teacher or try to impress bystanders but, even though other people may be around, talk as if you’re alone together in private.

10) Finally, a tenth idea, this time from the very leader of the Muses, Apollo himself. To expect bad men never to do bad things is just madness; it’s asking the impossible. And to let them abuse other people, and expect them to leave you alone, that is arrogance.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am

Stoic minute...

On Change from Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

“I am composed of the formal and the material; and neither of them will perish into nonexistence, as neither of them came into existence out of nonexistence. Every part of me then will be reduced by change into some part of the universe, and that again will change into another part of the universe, and so on forever. And by consequence of such a change, I, too exist, and those who begot me, and so on forever in the other direction. For nothing hinders us from saying so, even if the universe is administered according to definite periods of revolution.”

— Meditations 5.13

“Is someone afraid of change? Well, what can ever come to be without change? Or what is dearer or closer to the nature of the Whole than change? Can you yourself take your bath, if the wood that heats it is not changed? Can you be fed, unless what you eat changes? Can any other of the benefits of life be achieved without change? Do you not see then that for you to be changed is equal, and equally necessary to the nature of the Whole?”

-- Meditations 7.18

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 am

Stoic minute...

“Things are so shrouded that they have seemed to philosophers, not a few nor those common philosophers, altogether unintelligible; even to the Stoics themselves they seem difficult to understand.

And ALL our assertions about these things are changeable; for where is the man who never changes?

Turn your thoughts then towards the objects themselves, and consider how short – lived they are and worthless, and that they may be in the possession of a catamite or a whore or a robber.

But on the contrary it is a man’s duty to comfort himself, and to wait for the natural dissolution and NOT to be vexed at the delay, but to rest in these principles only: the one, that nothing will happen to me which is not conformable to the nature of the universe; and the other, that it is in my power never to act contrary to my God and Daimon: for there is no man who will compel me to this.”

— Marcus Aurelius - Meditations 5.10

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:38 am

COMING TO MEET THE WIND

Every instance of recognizing a teacher
    is an authorization of spiritual power.
    The most important one of these, and the
    only absolutely necessary one on the
    way to complete realization, is recognizing
    yourself as your own teacher.

All the teachings of the masters are only
    tricks, ways of turning you toward the
    clear realization that accompanies you
    everywhere, and always has. Once you’ve
    picked up on this, you can put the tricks
    down and go on.

— Wei Wu Wei

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Stoic minute...

Stoicism is a practical philosophy based on virtue, not faith, helping one to live a full happy effective life using reason, Logos, to steer free of fear and worry no matter your circumstances or life’s curve balls.

For the ancient Stoic, the Logos was what they perceived the action of a God if any to be, reason.

I found Zen gave me a way to explore my right brain intuitively and Stoicism taught me how to use left brained reason to govern emotions effectively. With Zen and Stoicism, you are retraining your mind and emotions using virtue and reason, not faith. You use experience to inform your decisions, not belief or what you would like to be true.

Most of us stripped naked, are terrified by life’s uncertainties ultimately stemming from our ever closer deaths and the feeling of being overwhelmed by our culture and nature at times.

The main practice for myself is a morning meditation and mapping of responses to possible challenges. Reminding myself what I can let go of and what is outside of my control.

I think Stoicism provides an excellent set of ethics to manage your emotions, which when mastered, helps you thrive in this post-modern dog eat dog world. It has been a great help to me. It is a process of refining and taking into consideration what you can control and letting go worry and fear about what you can’t control. You also develop a sense of your actions in the context of the world and others’ lives. Ironically, some of these ideas were baked into Christianity as well.

Later Stoics, such as Seneca and Epictetus, emphasized that, because "virtue is sufficient for happiness", a sage was immune to misfortune.

Application of what you discover in yourself about yourself leads to a quiet confident joy in life irregardless of your life circumstances.

“I know you’re a very busy person, so let’s not focus on labor–intensive, long-term, and possibly elusive efforts like trying to get enlightened or achieving rapturous mystical states. We’re going to keep it simple and real here. Let’s shoot for making the most meaningful life possible within the particular personal life circumstances you find yourself in right now. Let’s get on with the task of becoming your best possible self.”

— Epictetus

Let’s stop trying to be mystics or saints, and instead try our utmost to be effective relatable decent people.

It takes time, so no time like now to get started being your best self.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 pm

“Our actions may be impeded … but there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.” (Meditations V.20)

This attention to the everyday life of every human being is what makes Stoicism appealing, and what condemns Aristotelianism to elitism. Dan says that plenty of things that are elitist and unfair are nonetheless true. But “true,” when applied to a philosophy, is a category mistake, as I’ve argued at book length. Philosophies in general, and philosophies of life in particular, are neither true nor false. They are, instead, more or less useful ways of thinking. They provide users, that is, practitioners, with a framework by which to organize their lives, to set their priorities, and through which to attempt to cope with whatever life — which truly is neither fair nor just — throws at them.

Stoicism is one such powerful tool, and so are kindred philosophies like Buddhism and Taoism. They are not meant to “console” people, which would be patronizing. They are, rather, meant to empower them, to show them that no matter what happens, they can still find meaning in what they do. As Marcus, again, says:

“In the morning, when you rise unwillingly, let this thought be present: I am rising to the work of a human being.”

— (Meditations V.1)

And what does the work of a human being look like?

“Begin the morning by saying to yourself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil.

I can neither be injured by any of them, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him.”

— (Meditations II.1)

Post by Guest Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:20 pm

I asked OSHO, what do you think of these Stoics? For dream work, it’s not a bad way to be I feel.

He answered...

LAO TZU SAYS:

HE WHO KNOWS DOES NOT SPEAK;
    HE WHO SPEAKS DOES NOT KNOW.

FILL UP ITS APERTURES,
    CLOSE ITS DOORS,
    DULL ITS EDGES,
    UNTIE ITS TANGLES,
    SOFTEN ITS LIGHT,
    SUBMERGE ITS TURMOIL,

- THIS IS THE MYSTIC UNITY.

THEN LOVE AND HATRED CANNOT TOUCH HIM.
    PROFIT AND LOSS CANNOT REACH HIM.
    HONOUR AND DISGRACE CANNOT AFFECT HIM.
    THEREFORE IS HE ALWAYS THE HONOURED ONE OF THE WORLD.

Language is human; obviously it has to be very limited. It is good for objective things, it is completely useless for the inner, the inside.

Language can say something, but it cannot say the all. If you are sitting at the dinner table, language is useful for saying: Please pass me the salt. It is utilitarian. It has use, but it cannot say the truth, because truth is not a utility, and truth is not something objective. It is not there outside you, it happens somewhere at the deepest core of your being.

So the first thing to be understood very deeply, because it becomes a great pitfall if you don't understand it, is that language can be dangerous, one can be deluded by it.

You know the word God, but the word God is not God. In the word God there is nothing godly. The word God is absolutely hollow and empty. It has nothing in it. You can go on repeating it millions of times; nothing will happen to you, it is an empty shell; inside it is hollow. Words cannot carry the inner experience.

It may have been true when a Jesus used the word, it may have meant something to him, but not to those who heard him. This has to be understood.

You fall in love - then you know what it is. You may go on reading a thousand and one books about love, and they may be beautiful books, they may even have been written by those who have loved and who have known what love is, but reading them you will never come to know what love is.

Love is not a concept to be understood. It is an experience to be possessed by. When love takes over you are thrown off centre, you are no more there, love exists and you are not. You cannot manipulate love. A concept can be manipulated, you can interpret a concept, you can put this meaning or that into it; but love? Love cannot be manipulated.

It is not that YOU love, it is nothing that you do, it is something that happens to you - suddenly you are in a whirlwind. A greater force than you has taken possession of you. You are no more yourself, you are possessed.

That's why people think that lovers are mad - they are. Love is a beautiful madness. It is like madness, it has a quality of madness, because one becomes possessed by it. People say: Love is blind. They are right, love is blind. Because love has its own eyes! These ordinary eyes don't work. Love has its own ways of seeing and feeling and being. All ordinary ways are thrown - off the track. Love has its own sort of world - a new world is created around the lover. He looks blind to everybody else, but he is not blind in himself; in fact for the first time he has attained to eyes, to vision, to insight.

Three planes have to be remembered. The first plane is of the head - which is the most superficial:

the world of language, concepts, theories. You can manipulate it very easily, you are the master there.

Then there is a second plane, deeper than the head - that is of the heart. There your mastery is not at all. You become a slave. You cannot control it; love becomes the master, you become the slave.

It possesses you completely.

But still mind can say something about love, because heart is not very far away from the head, the distance is not very far. Mind can have a few glimpses, it can look back, it can look within, and have a few glimpses - that's why poetry is possible, painting is possible, music is possible. These are all glimpses from the head of the heart.

But then there is a third layer of your being which is the last layer, the very substratum, the very ground. That is your BEING. Head is thinking, heart is feeling, being is simply being.

God, truth, ecstasy, nirvana, enlightenment - they belong to being. The head has not even heard about it. It can have a little glimpse of the second layer, that is of the heart, love; it has not even heard that there exists another layer deeper than the heart... Heart can have a little glimpse of the being, because it is nearer to it. So people who are in love can have a little understanding - I say A LITTLE - of prayer. Because prayer is just like love.

When Jesus says: God is love, he is talking to the people of the heart. He was talking to his disciples.

Because all that is spoken is just a hint. Nothing is spoken in it. It is just a net, a fisherman's net, so that those who live in their heads can be caught. Once they are caught, the use of language is finished. Then their heart starts throbbing. Then a communion - not communication, a communion - happens between the Master and the disciple, then their hearts start beating in the same rhythm.

Then they breathe in the same rhythm. No need to say anything then. Then everything is understood without being said.

All talk is to prepare you for silence, and only in silence can the truth be given.

All philosophies, all that can be said, are just like the porch of a palace. I see you every evening in DARSHAN, in the porch - because all questions can be solved only in the porch. Once you are ready there is no question, then you can enter the palace. Have you ever heard the name of a Greek wise man, Zeno? He was the founder of the Stoic philosophy. Just like me, he used to teach in the porch. The word 'stoic' comes from a Greek word STOIKAS, which in turn is from STOA, which means porch. His whole life he was teaching in the porch and people would say: You have such a beautiful house, why do you teach in the porch.' He said: All teaching is just like the porch; when you are ready to listen to the silence you enter the temple - then there is no talk. From the word STOA, porch, his whole philosophy is known as Stoicism.

All words at the most can become porches; they lead you towards the inner temple; but if you cling to them then you remain in the porch - the porch is not the palace. Lao Tzu is saying something which is just like a porch, a door. If you understand it, you will drop all words, language - in fact the whole mind. Where you leave your shoes in the porch, you should leave your mind also. Then only you enter the innermost shrine of being.

HE WHO KNOWS DOES NOT SPEAK; Even if he speaks, he speaks Only to say this much. Even if he speaks, he speaks only against speaking. He does not want to say something in it, he simply wants to destroy all the words within you - his speech is destructive. He simply wants to create a vacuum within you, and of course words can be destroyed by words only. Poison can be destroyed by poison only. You have a thorn in your foot - another thorn is needed to pull it out. All that I am saying is like another thorn to pull out the thorns that are already in your beings. Once the first thorn is out, the second is also useless - you throw both of them. All words are used by knowers to pull out other words which have already settled within you. Once you are empty - finished.

Wonderful meaningless words. If you ever get cold, don’t forget all your books and knowledge, they burn nicely in the fire.

What is left after words...after love?

The Stoa/porch is not the palace.

Leave your shoes on the porch and come inside.

Once you are empty of words and concepts...finished.

The INNER SANCTUM...SILENCE.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:55 am

In the continuing deconstruction and destruction of Eric...we now come to pain. Have to show it all. Armor off.

Fighting - OSHO Zen Tarot

This is me at my worst...less now than before.

“The figure in this card is completely covered in armor. Only his glare of rage is visible, and the whites of the knuckles on his clenched fists. If you look closely at the armor, you can see it's covered with buttons, ready to detonate if anybody so much as brushes up against them. In the background we see the shadowy movie that plays in this man's mind - two figures fighting for a castle.

An explosive temper or a smoldering rage often masks a deep feeling of pain. We think that if we frighten people away, we can avoid being hurt even more. In fact, just the opposite is the case. By covering our wounds with armor we are preventing them from being healed. By lashing out at others we keep ourselves from getting the love and nourishment we need.

If this description seems to fit you, it's time to stop fighting. There is so much love available to you if you just let it in. Start by forgiving yourself: you're worth it.

One moment it was there, another moment it is gone. One moment we are here, and another moment we have gone. And for this simple moment, how much fuss we make! How much violence, ambition, struggle, conflict, anger, hatred, just for this small moment! Just waiting for the train in a waiting room on a station, and creating so much fuss: fighting, hurting each other, trying to possess, trying to boss, trying to dominate - all that politics. And then the train comes and you are gone forever.”

— OSHO

Love has found me out...I am transparent.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am

THE TAMING POWER OF THE SMALL

The best effort one can make
    is the gentlest effort: wei wu wei.
    Quietly, persistently direct the
    mind toward emptiness. When
    all thoughts and ideas have
    dissipated, then make no
    further effort.

Just breathe.

This is the only practice required
    of a human, the best one, the one
    that perfectly purifies our lives.

— Wei Wu Wei

Post by Guest Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:46 pm

True Happiness

“All human beings seek the happy life, but many confuse the means – for example, wealth and status – with that life itself. This misguided focus on the means to a good life makes people get further from the happy life. The really worthwhile things are the virtuous activities that make up the happy life, not the external means that may seem to produce it.”

— Epictetus - The Art of Living

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Stoic minute...

Bear With Them

“When any person harms you, or speaks badly of you, remember that he acts or speaks from a supposition of its being his duty. Now, it is not possible that he should follow what appears right to you, but what appears so to himself. Therefore, if he judges from a wrong appearance, he is the person hurt, since he too is the person deceived. For if anyone should suppose a true proposition to be false, the proposition is not hurt, but he who is deceived about it. Setting out, then, from these principles, you will meekly bear a person who reviles you, for you will say upon every occasion, 'It seemed so to him.'"

— Epictetus

"It seemed so to him." This is a position of sympathy. In Stoicism, ignorance is not reviled, it is simply corrected. Epictetus, like Aurelius, claims that the person who is hurt by immorality is the person who performs it. The Stoic is left unscathed, assuming he reacts appropriately. One last Aurelius quote, "People exist for the sake of one another. Teach them then, or bear with them."

The more I dwell on the Stoic idea that we truly love others, the more it sounds like a call to shoulder their burdens. Most daily insults do not happen during teachable moments but they do always arrive with the opportunity to enact virtue. In doing so, we not only stay true to ourselves, we bring good into the world.

Stoics see the common humanity of everyone we meet. With that kinship in mind, we bear up under the weight of unjust actions and, if possible, point out a better way. If we truly embrace the Stoic perspective, this isn't difficult. Our point of view contains no fuel that could feed indignation. We're left free to act with compassion, and through compassion we show the strength of our virtue.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm

I am overcome by Marcus Aurelius. He is formidable. I love his courage and heart. He had so many good ways to express the ineffable. I am lost in the stoics at the moment. I suppose when you are ready to find this wisdom, it comes to you.

From Wikipedia on the Meditations:

A central theme to “Meditations” is to analyze your judgement of self and others and developing a cosmic perspective.

As he said “You have the power to strip away many superfluous troubles located wholly in your judgement, and to possess a large room for yourself embracing in thought the whole cosmos, to consider everlasting time, to think of the rapid change in the parts of each thing, of how short it is from birth until dissolution, and how the void before birth and that after dissolution are equally infinite”.

He advocates finding one’s place in the universe and sees that everything came from nature, and so everything shall return to it in due time. It seems at some points in his work that we are all part of a greater construct thus taking a collectivist approach rather than having an individualist perspective. Another strong theme is of maintaining focus and to be without distraction all the while maintaining strong ethical principles such as “Being a good man”.

His Stoic ideas often involve avoiding indulgence in sensory affections, a skill which will free a man from the pains and pleasures of the material world. He claims that the only way a man can be harmed by others is to allow his reaction to overpower him. An order or logos permeates existence. Rationality and clear-mindedness allow one to live in harmony with the logos. This allows one to rise above faulty perceptions of “good” and “bad”.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am