Open Minds Forum

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Immaterialism 6
Today at 9:40 pm by dan

» Montage grokking
Today at 3:14 pm by mion

» Livin Your Best Life
Today at 12:27 pm by smelly

» Disclosure - For U by U
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:01 am by U

» Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things - Cyrellys
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:22 pm by Cyrellys

» 5G phased ray antennae
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:04 pm by hobbit

» Immaterialism 5
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:39 pm by dan

» A Kim Jong Un Dream
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:16 am by 99

» The Ron & Joe Disinfo Show
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:46 am by GrandCru

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm by Admin

With Open Minds Forum restored now for almost half a year at it's new location with forumotion.com we can now turn to look at reaching out to OMF's original members who have not yet returned home. OMF's original membership was over 6,000 members strong, prior to the proboards suspension, according to the rolls of the time. We can probably safely assume that some of those accounts were unidentified socks. If we were to assume a reasonable guess of maybe as many as 30% possible sock accounts then that would leave potentially somewhere between 4800 to 4900 possible real members to locate. That is still a substantial number of people.

Who were all these people? Some were average individuals with common interests in ufology, exopolitics, globalism, corruption, earthchanges, science and technology, and a variety of other interests. Some just enjoyed being part of a vibrant and unusually interesting community. Others were representative of various insider groups participating in observation and outreach projects, while still others were bonafide intelligence community personnel. All with stake in the hunt for truth in one fashion or another. Some in support of truth, and communication. Others seeking real disclosure and forms of proof. And others highly skeptical of anything or limited subjects. The smallest division of membership being wholly anti-disclosure oriented.

So where did these members vanish to? They had many options. There are almost innumerable other forums out there on the topics of UFO's or Exopolitics, the Unexplained, and Conspiracy Theory. Did they disappear into the world-wide network of forum inhabitants? Did some go find new homes on chatrooms or individual blogs? Did they participate in ufo conventions or other public events and gatherings? How about those who represented groups in special access? Or IC and military observers? Those with academic affiliations? Where did they all go and what would be the best way to reach out and extend an invitation to return?

And what constitutes a situation deserving of their time and participation? Is the archive enough? How exactly do people within the paradigm most desire to define a community? Is it amenities, humanity or simply population size for exposure? Most of the special guests have been emailed and have expressed that population size for exposure is what most motivates them. But not all. Long-time member Dan Smith has other priorities and values motivating his participation. Should this open opportunities for unattached junior guests who have experience and dialog to contribute to the world? How best to make use of OMF's time, experience and resources?

Many skeptics would like to see the historical guardian of discourse opportunity to just up and disappear; go into permanent stasis. They think that not everyone has a right to speak about their experiences and if there is no proof involved then there can philosophically be no value to discourse. I personally would respectfully disagree with them. Discourse has always been the prelude to meaningful relationships and meaningful mutual relationships have always been the prelude to exchanges of proof. In a contentious social environment with regards to communication vs disclosure how do we best re-establish a haven for those preludes? Is it only the "if we build it they will come" answer? Well considering OMF has been largely fully functional over the last four or five months this line of reasoning is not necessarily true. So what would be the best way re-establish this? Your suggestions are sought. Please comment.

MMR Twitter News

March 2019

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Immaterialism 4

dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Immaterialism 4

Post by dan on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am

First topic message reminder :

This is the continuation of the Immaterialism 3 thread.......

The original topic reminder post http://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t320-immaterialism
should be substituted here......

Aaron
Aaron
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Re: Immaterialism 4

Post by Aaron on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm

GC,

It's a meaningless number and concept.

GrandCru
GrandCru

Post by GrandCru on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Aaron wrote:GC,

It's a meaningless number and concept.

Number yes, concept no
Aaron
Aaron
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by Aaron on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Concepts are only meaningful to other concepts.

Meaning itself is a concept.

Concepts change.

Thruth is that which never changes and is irreplaceable.
Ackbar
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ackbar on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm

I was banned for telling cy to smoke a joint.

Apparently she has never smoked before and to suggest it is rude and defiant.

Shrug

Maybe take a Xanax then.

Wink
GrandCru
GrandCru

Post by GrandCru on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Aaron wrote:Concepts are only meaningful to other concepts.

Meaning itself is a concept.

Concepts change.

Thruth is that which never changes and is irreplaceable.

I think you're wrong, truth is static. The truths you describe that seem impenetrable, I fear are not as much as you think.

Truth is a human construct, and like humanity, is subject to subjective-ness
maryam-el
maryam-el

Post by maryam-el on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Nope that didn't work either.

Hahahaha

Man, these Aes Dana are sensitive muppets.

Last resort I would say try sucking goat farts.

Very Happy
Wink
dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Yes, smelly, you have been asking for a time out, for a long time.  I have been too soft on you.  

I apologize to Cy.

She should not have to put up with this.

Shame on you, Eric.

Go home.........

maryam-el
maryam-el

Post by maryam-el on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:23 pm

It's easy to put up with smelly if you aren't a muppet.

Just whistle while you twerk.

That's the secret.

Cyrellys
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Hey Dan.  I'm lining them up on the wall tonight.  Two down.  AtomicBrando would you like to join them?

Smelly (Eric): 3 day Disciplinary Hiatus
GarzParz (Eric SockPuppet Account): 30 day Disciplinary Hiatus
Aaron:  2 day Disciplinary Hiatus
Ackbar - Aaron Sock Puppet Account (original): 30 day Disciplinary Hiatus.

Either of your jokers show up and post on OMF before the minimum disciplinary time period is over, and I'll make the ban permanent.  

Outside of Dan's board where their brand of miscreant is tolerated, all members of OMF are to be treated respectfully and civilly.  Anyone who cannot abide by that and the TOS rules I will squash like the rodents they insist on mimic-ing.

No Sock Puppeting in under the door...will result in perm ban.

Abide the disciplinary action or I will lock down OMF for a period I determine appropriate.

Gentlemen, I gave fair warning over on Spacemaverick's thread.  I'm not JakeReason nor as tolerant as any of the other Admins of OMF were.  The rules are simple.  Break them and its the lead piano for the offender.

Cyrellys
Admin

Last edited by Cyrellys on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
Rooster's Crow Confusion
One thing else to end the deed --
A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
Cyrellys
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm

maryam-el wrote:Nope that didn't work either.

Hahahaha

Man, these Aes Dana are sensitive muppets.

Last resort I would say try sucking goat farts.

Very Happy
Wink

Now you know why the Romans called us Aes Dana neurotic about Truth (Honor) and Justice. These two values are treated as expressions of Divinity in our tradition. Welcome to a crash course in that Smelly.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
Rooster's Crow Confusion
A dog with no Illusion.

dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Thank you, Cy.
U
U

Post by U on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:00 am

Last edited by Reptile on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 am

Rep,

Thanks.  That there might be an amphibian connection is all that I’ve heard, and this is only from Aliyah.  

I apologize to others for smelly’s behavior towards the rest of us.  He has been pushing the behavior envelope since he arrived here, some years ago.  He has provided some very useful insights and references into the mystical/non-dual traditions, both east and west, as a complement to the prophetic tradition that I focus on, with the BPWH.  His intelligence is no excuse, however, for his bullying behavior.  Sorry.........

(cont........)
BlackGypsy

Post by BlackGypsy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 am

The reptilian conspiracy is all nonsense.

Only dumb muppets here.

The blind leading the blind.

Pissing muppets off shows how distracted by nonsense they are.

Reptile is a pretender hiding behind many layered mask.

It may take a crowbar to pry off.

All of you have to cross over to where I am.

Bahahahahaha

I hope your stupid feelings keep you stuck as long as you need.

Our interaction is done muppets.

Have a great life!

Please now Cy permaban Smelly and AtomicBrando you ignorant stupid muppet.
BlackGypsy

Post by BlackGypsy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 am

Dan loves to cling to his safety ropes.

He is a scared old muppet!

Cut the rope and float away to freedom Dan.

You are a Klingon.

The prophetic tradition and the BPWH can suck a goat fart.

Wink

Loosen up your grip Dan, your knuckles are turning white!
Cyrellys
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 am

BlackGypsy wrote:The reptilian conspiracy is all nonsense.

Only dumb muppets here.

The blind leading the blind.

Pissing muppets off shows how distracted by nonsense they are.

Reptile is a pretender hiding behind many layered mask.

It may take a crowbar to pry off.

All of you have to cross over to where I am.

Bahahahahaha

I hope your stupid feelings keep you stuck as long as you need.

Our interaction is done muppets.

Have a great life!

Please now Cy permaban Smelly and AtomicBrando you ignorant stupid muppet.

Aaron this "ignorant stupid muppet" as you put it is LEAD ADMIN of OMF and more knowledgeable of Narrative Competition and social warfare than you are.

You are officially under IP ban until December 23 2018 for miscreant behavior unbecoming of this forum; verbal/written assault upon forum members; use of sockpuppets when disallowed during disciplinary action; and open refusal to abide temporary disciplinary action.

When the ban period is up you may choose to return with improved behavior. Continued violation will result in perm banning.

As of today, all new account creation will have to go thru me until further notice. Guests may continue to read. Guest posting is hereby restricted until further notice.

Cyrellys
Admin

Rue she said Protection
Rooster's Crow Confusion
A dog with no Illusion.

dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Thank you, Cy,

smelly has achieved his ultimate aim, which was to restrict Open Minds....... to restrict open discussion.  The only way was in a destructive fashion.........

It is very difficult to imagine that this destructive impulse is not coming from a place of pain.  I’m sorry for that.
Cyrellys
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:13 pm

dan wrote:Thank you, Cy,

smelly has achieved his ultimate aim, which was to restrict Open Minds....... to restrict open discussion.  The only way was in a destructive fashion.........

It is very difficult to imagine that this destructive impulse is not coming from a place of pain.  I’m sorry for that.  

It's not your fault Dan.  Smelly/Eric did it to himself, as did Ackbar/Aaron.  They insisted on persisting...I'm a remarkably forgiving person if someone changes their tune, but they decided to push the issue and openly disrespect everyone involved.

Open Minds Forum is not half as restricted as you might think here.  Yes I've locked out the two primary miscreants for a time.  But their lock out is not permanent.

Yes I've placed a hold on the creation of new accounts, but that is temporary and not without recourse.  If someone wants in before I reset the settings, they may contact me directly at cyrellys@gmail.com or may inquire at Twitter:  @mindmixradio via private messaging there (fastest as I don't always check my email more than once a 24 hr period right now)  

Yes I have to approve any new accounts for awhile.  I did that to monitor what is coming in and out and how the new accounts conduct themselves.  

Both of them forgot that while we're all family here, this is still a PUBLIC FORUM and you don't go drunken sailor on someone in a public venue.  A little joking around is ok, but it was more than obviously out of control.

This is not your fault Dan.  Both Eric and Aaron are grown adults and should have a modicum of common sense and common courtesy to go with their fun and games.  

It's not the first time I've had to do this, if you remember.  Probably won't be the last, but the point and goal here is to restore the confidence of those who want real dialog and to produce without reservation their natural authentic thoughts in writing or research.

It's like walking in the door of your home and finding the kids rough-housing to the extent holes are being knocked in the walls.  You grab each kid by the ear you set them down, discover they've become belligerent and defiant over the intervention, you then send them to their bedrooms to regain their sanity and you set about repairing the walls.  If they do it again when you finally let them out, it's to the barn with them long term or permanently.

...act like animals get treated like animals.  Their choice.

This will ultimately allow new members to come and read the forum's contents without distraction or disturbance, participate in thoughtful dialogs meaningfully, and explore unmolested.

They should consider themselves lucky.  If this were a real ship, I'd suspend their o' so funny arses off the aft railing at convenient biting height for the sharks, like bait, and they could take their chances at survival.  

Cy

Rue she said Protection
Rooster's Crow Confusion
A dog with no Illusion.

dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:17 am

Cy,

Thank you very much for intervening.  A little teamwork goes a long way.  

Speaking of teamwork, it comes in handy with mountain climbing.  

You may not see the ropes, but you do see the team.  

I always wanted to know what made the world go around.  Yes, of course, it’s love, but, more specifically, it’s people in love.

If you wish to go mountain climbing, the love you need contains a generous dab of agape.  

What mountain is this?  

It’s Mount Switcheroo.  

Yes, the World’s gonna have to turn on a dime.  Dime, dime, who’s got the dime?  

Nobody’s got it.  It is the summit of Mt Switcheroo.  

On a clear day, you can see forever.  

smelly and Aaron didn’t quite appreciate the view.  You need to be a connoisseur of mountains.  

I’m not the first to summit.  I’m just the first who’s allowed to blog about it, and brag a little bit, too.  

R,A&D are the three musketeers...... or is it Mouseketeers?  

So what?  

Being a Mouseketeer and having $4.75 will get you a cup of joe in Times Square.  

We’re sort of like the Chinese.  We are expanding our territory beyond the territorial limits.  We are building a landing strip on the summit of Mt Switcheroo...... whether the Princess likes it or not.  

The Princess, Steve Greer, Joe Firmage, the Rama group......etc, we’re all expanding the landing strip.  It’s the landing strip at the end of the Universe.  

So, yes, the World has to turn on a dime.  If we can build the dime fast enough, the world will become the dime.  

Yes, smelly is right, I’m just a muppet...... a technician...... with a monkey wrench....... it’s wheels within wheels....... gears within gears.  I’m not even the technician in chief...... that might be donny, I’m afraid to say.  

I’m just the cheerleader.  

Come to think of it, we should probably call it Mt Meru.

Where’s the Hive?  

Well, I guess the Hive is somewhere within Mt Meru....... ask the Queen bee.  

Yes, the Queen is cute as a button and smart as a whip.  But I would watch out for Kashmir.  She is a firecracker...... just ask her mom.  

And you want to know what’s really interesting....... Jimmy and Larry appear to be teaming up.   How do we turn the Encyclopedia Brittanica on a dime?  Just ask Jimmy and Larry.  

With a sailboat, there are two ways to change course........ tacking and jibing.  With tacking there tends to be a lot racket, and everyone has to change sides.  

Jibing is much riskier, but, if you do it right, it can be so smooth that no one might notice.  

Hey, we’ve practiced jibing all the way from here to eternity.  

Can the nurse make the patient without disturbing the bed?  

2(ft/gmt-4).............

I’m watching...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=puZeBmm26W8 .... coming out of the hypothetical jimmy/larry collaboration.  

To get started, all you have to do is google philosophy and follow the graphics.  This is my new toy...... for Christmas.  

This is a video by Leo Gura on religion/spirituality/science.  I believe that, when smelly is ready, it will help to bridge the smelly gap.  

And now this news flash........ https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/world/asia/mckinsey-china-russia.html

action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

(cont........)

Last edited by dan on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
RunningBull
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:14 am

@dan: Running bull likes mountains. Good words there bro.
dan
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 am

RB,

Thank you.  

This just in, with regard to the lake.........
Levels 1.0 and 2.0 are now running in parallel.

6:20..........

This just in from Aaron........ https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Z78_rAg4Ldg

8:10.........

We’re getting some additional feedback, from the lake, on version 2.0.

(cont.........)

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Is it Spirituality without religion, or spirituality without reason??

Last edited by desertdweller on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foot Mann
Foot Mann

Post by Foot Mann on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:23 pm

The Ambassador is arriving soon. No longer associated with the Loon. With 2.0 will make the Cheese. With secret sauce from the Beez.
U
U

Post by U on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:57 am

Ugh, I think the devil took my keyboard on the last one. That's automatic writing if I've ever seen it, through not so esoteric means. Still the big green scaly sweety squad is very real and you don't have to accept any conspiratorial stories to know that. Perhaps you'll meet them some day soon, should you be so honored. perhaps some of you already have. I'm going to put myself in timeout for a bit though, I have some ships I need to burn.

https://youtu.be/gWTjjm-Gg3c

Last edited by Reptile on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
smelly
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:51 pm

My time on OMF is finished, but we will be sharing notes from the Underworld on Slack.com. Stop by anytime if you would like to chat.

No apologies, no regrets.

Click below to join our chat.

https://join.slack.com/t/monos-pros-monon/shared_invite/enQtNTA1MjAxOTQ4NDAzLTMwN2MwZmE3YWQzN2VlMTAzZGJiYWQ3OWVlODgxNjE4MjBiZDIyYjcyYjM0ZTJjNDAxMGE2OWQyZTI4OWUyNTY

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm