UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Immaterialism 2
Today at 1:34 pm by smelly

» Disclosure - For U by U
Today at 1:01 pm by The Keeper Of The Laws

» Grant Cameron, Foot Mann and Dan Smith
Today at 9:37 am by GrandCru

» Montage grokking
Yesterday at 3:29 pm by mion

» Redfern's Roswell Fantasy
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 pm by dan

» The Loch Ness Monster
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm by Alchemical Coincidence

» Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:27 pm by cwallatruth

» Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:45 pm by spacemaverick

» Sunspot Observatory Shut Down Updates
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 pm by 99

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm by Admin

With Open Minds Forum restored now for almost half a year at it's new location with forumotion.com we can now turn to look at reaching out to OMF's original members who have not yet returned home. OMF's original membership was over 6,000 members strong, prior to the proboards suspension, according to the rolls of the time. We can probably safely assume that some of those accounts were unidentified socks. If we were to assume a reasonable guess of maybe as many as 30% possible sock accounts then that would leave potentially somewhere between 4800 to 4900 possible real members to locate. That is still a substantial number of people.

Who were all these people? Some were average individuals with common interests in ufology, exopolitics, globalism, corruption, earthchanges, science and technology, and a variety of other interests. Some just enjoyed being part of a vibrant and unusually interesting community. Others were representative of various insider groups participating in observation and outreach projects, while still others were bonafide intelligence community personnel. All with stake in the hunt for truth in one fashion or another. Some in support of truth, and communication. Others seeking real disclosure and forms of proof. And others highly skeptical of anything or limited subjects. The smallest division of membership being wholly anti-disclosure oriented.

So where did these members vanish to? They had many options. There are almost innumerable other forums out there on the topics of UFO's or Exopolitics, the Unexplained, and Conspiracy Theory. Did they disappear into the world-wide network of forum inhabitants? Did some go find new homes on chatrooms or individual blogs? Did they participate in ufo conventions or other public events and gatherings? How about those who represented groups in special access? Or IC and military observers? Those with academic affiliations? Where did they all go and what would be the best way to reach out and extend an invitation to return?

And what constitutes a situation deserving of their time and participation? Is the archive enough? How exactly do people within the paradigm most desire to define a community? Is it amenities, humanity or simply population size for exposure? Most of the special guests have been emailed and have expressed that population size for exposure is what most motivates them. But not all. Long-time member Dan Smith has other priorities and values motivating his participation. Should this open opportunities for unattached junior guests who have experience and dialog to contribute to the world? How best to make use of OMF's time, experience and resources?

Many skeptics would like to see the historical guardian of discourse opportunity to just up and disappear; go into permanent stasis. They think that not everyone has a right to speak about their experiences and if there is no proof involved then there can philosophically be no value to discourse. I personally would respectfully disagree with them. Discourse has always been the prelude to meaningful relationships and meaningful mutual relationships have always been the prelude to exchanges of proof. In a contentious social environment with regards to communication vs disclosure how do we best re-establish a haven for those preludes? Is it only the "if we build it they will come" answer? Well considering OMF has been largely fully functional over the last four or five months this line of reasoning is not necessarily true. So what would be the best way re-establish this? Your suggestions are sought. Please comment.

MMR Twitter News

October 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Immaterialism

dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Immaterialism

Post by dan on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, here we go...... as I take a deep breath.......

Well, this post will be reserved as the topical reminder.  Hopefully the discussion will last for more that one page.

(Please keep in mind the links given in the fifth post on this thread...... http://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t313-three-in-one )

Last edited by dan on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ParanoidFactoid

Re: Immaterialism

Post by ParanoidFactoid on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Apophis Pletho wrote:

There is no Majestic 12, no UFOs, no aliens, no conspiracy.  [7]

If you disagree, then what are the names of those involved in Majestic 12?  

The MJ-12 documents are known forgeries. As for strawberry ice cream. Well, I like it too. I must have alien DNA in my blood.

Sign

Post by Sign on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm

its like that is it     Laughing

Sign

Post by Sign on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Bugger knows where i'm from.. its Chocolate any day of the week with me..  Hudson likes any form of ice cream..  Very Happy

Mj 12 May not be the real name for the panel.. But there will be some form of high ranking GROUP overseeing the  UFO's and our Visitors. 

Sign  Very Happy
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Sign,

You are right, there must be an oversight committee.  

Their main function would be to oversee Disclosure.  

I have repeatedly asked Ron.... who is in charge of Disclosure.  Invariably, he says that I am.  

That is my working hypothesis.  To which end, I dropped the j-bomb on the assembled throng of ~36 of us.  No one scolded me outright.  

I’m sure that this is smelly’s worst nightmare. Not that I would drop the bomb, but that anyone else might take it seriously.

I guess we’ll find out at the next meeting, in two weeks.

(cont.......)
Foot Mann

Post by Foot Mann on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Wrong again you always are, a committee would not get far, nor would it keep for long in a jar, but nice talk over beer at the bar, as discloser you should stop sitting in tar, for as always there is but one czar.

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Drop down and give me ten. Keep it up and join with the men. You are a little lazy hen. Rise up now if you are to visit the den. You should have gone South to pick up the wren. Stand tall, or cast the ball. There are men in line to take your fall. I will see you in Mexico or not at all.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Skai,

Are you inviting me for the second trip to Mexico?  

If so, I need the location, and permission from the Princess.  No?
desertdweller

Post by desertdweller on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Dan,

What was the J bomb? What exactly did you say in relation to him/it? Will a recording be available?
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm

dd,

The recording should be available in two or three days. I don’t know the link.

J-bomb........?

Come on, dd, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
desertdweller

Post by desertdweller on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Dan,

I know. Sometimes I like to play dumb. One learns a lot that way...

So what was the substance of your sermon? Wink
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:09 pm

I told the assembled throng that is was my way or highway.

As Foot just said, somebody’s got to be czar.

Last edited by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Do not wait for others to say. The Princess has already shown you the way. With clarity of vision, you will find the day. Travel light and avoid the fray.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:15 pm

The Princess has shown me the way.........

She probably has, but it went right over my head.
desertdweller

Post by desertdweller on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm

So disclosure will involve Christology?

And everyone was okay with it?
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:14 pm

There very little time for any reaction, especially after Grant pulled the plug.
desertdweller

Post by desertdweller on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Sounds like a reaction to me.
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Why don’t you ask Grant.
ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:53 am

dan wrote:dd,

The recording should be available in two or three days.  I don’t know the link.  

J-bomb........?  

Come on, dd, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Dan. If you mean (((j-bomb))), then I'll be the one to express revulsion.
ParanoidFactoid

Post by ParanoidFactoid on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:26 am

Foot Mann wrote:Wrong again you always are, a committee would not get far, nor would it keep for long in a jar, but nice talk over beer at the bar, as discloser you should stop sitting in tar, for as always there is but one czar.

Footloose comes to slay the goose,
As we gander at words in rhyme, so obtuse!

Though feathers be ruffled, everyone gawk quick,
The secrets he spews fade lickity split!

For he be on the inside, don't you know,
There's a kernel of truth in what he crows.

Though hidden by smoke and mirrors in bits,
what he say here ain't no bullshit!
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Post by dan on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:34 am

PF,

Revulsion..... you say.....

Are you revulsed by me for making the suggestion, or at God for aiding and abetting?

And I could just as easily blame it all on God.  After all, who said..... However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth...?

Everything hinges on the small world hypothesis (SWH).  If the SWH is correct, and I can render it plausible, then probably I’m the second coming.  No?  

In my estimation, I’ve already rendered it plausible, but folks have a hard time paying attention.  

The mere fact of consciousness renders the SWH plausible, if you just stop to think about it. The mere fact of consciousness renders some form of MoAPS plausible.

And think again...... mind renders teleology more than plausible. But is teleology coherent without a Telos..... some Source or Singularity of mind? Anyone for the Monad or Omega?

(cont.......)
desertdweller

Post by desertdweller on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:27 am

Dan,

Seriously?

I you insinuated you were the Second Coming - and that was the "J-bomb" you dropped - I would probably cut the feed too...
Course Catalog

Post by Course Catalog on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:41 am

So much of this current disclosure push seems to be coming from people who see everything through the prism of Christianity, Mormonism or Scientology. Is it really necessary to retrofit UFOlogy to adhere to existing belief systems or is that just an easier way to sell all of this to the masses?

Almost makes me miss the hardcore nuts and bolts people.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:43 am

Is it true that the governments take on the UFO/ET phenomenon is that they are demonic manifestations?

Also, how much funding for Science Fiction movies that focus on alien invasions come from the industrial/military complex?

My view is that Hollywood's depiction of the UFO/ET phenomenon has had a much more powerful impact of the public's overall view of it than anything else. And that view is overwhelmingly fear based.

That Hollywood sentiment is very embedded into the American collective consciousness and regardless of one's religious belief, it will be that sentiment that most will be reacting from should there ever be full Disclosure from the gov't of that phenomenon.
Z

Post by Z on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 pm

The truth would make  most people shit their pants.....

Btw last night we were immersed in a Gimbra ....
I was on a rectangle craft with ANAMAR.....
Was I REALLY speaking with a tall white!?!?!
YES!!!!! Yes yes ...our biosphere is dying ..... The dominoes have already started falling....

Theres only a couple good ends to this story
Course Catalog

Post by Course Catalog on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 pm

AP - just tell these amazing light beings to get us off the damn planet ASAP. Problem solved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:45 pm