UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Immaterialism 2
Today at 12:47 pm by cwallatruth

» Grant Cameron, Foot Mann and Dan Smith
Today at 9:37 am by GrandCru

» Disclosure - For U by U
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by The Keeper Of The Laws

» Montage grokking
Yesterday at 3:29 pm by mion

» Redfern's Roswell Fantasy
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:26 pm by dan

» The Loch Ness Monster
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:51 pm by Alchemical Coincidence

» Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:27 pm by cwallatruth

» Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:45 pm by spacemaverick

» Sunspot Observatory Shut Down Updates
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 pm by 99

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm by Admin

With Open Minds Forum restored now for almost half a year at it's new location with forumotion.com we can now turn to look at reaching out to OMF's original members who have not yet returned home. OMF's original membership was over 6,000 members strong, prior to the proboards suspension, according to the rolls of the time. We can probably safely assume that some of those accounts were unidentified socks. If we were to assume a reasonable guess of maybe as many as 30% possible sock accounts then that would leave potentially somewhere between 4800 to 4900 possible real members to locate. That is still a substantial number of people.

Who were all these people? Some were average individuals with common interests in ufology, exopolitics, globalism, corruption, earthchanges, science and technology, and a variety of other interests. Some just enjoyed being part of a vibrant and unusually interesting community. Others were representative of various insider groups participating in observation and outreach projects, while still others were bonafide intelligence community personnel. All with stake in the hunt for truth in one fashion or another. Some in support of truth, and communication. Others seeking real disclosure and forms of proof. And others highly skeptical of anything or limited subjects. The smallest division of membership being wholly anti-disclosure oriented.

So where did these members vanish to? They had many options. There are almost innumerable other forums out there on the topics of UFO's or Exopolitics, the Unexplained, and Conspiracy Theory. Did they disappear into the world-wide network of forum inhabitants? Did some go find new homes on chatrooms or individual blogs? Did they participate in ufo conventions or other public events and gatherings? How about those who represented groups in special access? Or IC and military observers? Those with academic affiliations? Where did they all go and what would be the best way to reach out and extend an invitation to return?

And what constitutes a situation deserving of their time and participation? Is the archive enough? How exactly do people within the paradigm most desire to define a community? Is it amenities, humanity or simply population size for exposure? Most of the special guests have been emailed and have expressed that population size for exposure is what most motivates them. But not all. Long-time member Dan Smith has other priorities and values motivating his participation. Should this open opportunities for unattached junior guests who have experience and dialog to contribute to the world? How best to make use of OMF's time, experience and resources?

Many skeptics would like to see the historical guardian of discourse opportunity to just up and disappear; go into permanent stasis. They think that not everyone has a right to speak about their experiences and if there is no proof involved then there can philosophically be no value to discourse. I personally would respectfully disagree with them. Discourse has always been the prelude to meaningful relationships and meaningful mutual relationships have always been the prelude to exchanges of proof. In a contentious social environment with regards to communication vs disclosure how do we best re-establish a haven for those preludes? Is it only the "if we build it they will come" answer? Well considering OMF has been largely fully functional over the last four or five months this line of reasoning is not necessarily true. So what would be the best way re-establish this? Your suggestions are sought. Please comment.

MMR Twitter News

October 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Members Art Thread

Gold Member
Gold Member

Members Art Thread

Post by 99 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Since there are so many creatives in this forum, I'm starting up this thread for anyone to post their artwork in... or anything else that falls into the artistic expression dept. that they want to share with everyone.

Re: Members Art Thread

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:34 pm

I have been hooked on mandala making the past few weeks.  Can't seem to stop.  I just go into trance and start laying it down.  It's liberating.

Here is some mandalas I made by multiplying pieces of sacred geometries onto each other in iterations:

Last edited by barden on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Here are some mandalas with a different technique/style/tool:

Last edited by barden on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Beautiful work.
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Great mandalas. I did the same. I used a mechanical drawing tool to create cycloidz.

You can resize your images to 800 or less width for the forum.  

http://resizeimage.net

This was layered clay I built up spontaneously similar to Navajo sand painting.

There is a lot of meaning encoded in this, which I knew about and some I discovered.

Made from sculpey. It’s a power object now and I use it in meditation and ceremonies.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Loved those mandala's too by Braden and that's an interesting sculpey!
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 pm

I plotted this one and videoed it, a Triskel mandala.

Gold/Blue UV metallic ink on black. Done with an Axidrawv3. I create a lot of mandalas with this from vector graphics. I like to play with material, ink, lighting.

And this is some nature stuff I did. I did this in my backyard on LSD.

You can imagine what the plants were saying and the Green Man and Hummingbirds stop by.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Love the song. You made that super quick! Did you make the beats and the vocals? I also like to produce music of the electronic sorts.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Smelly,

When I saw your mandala yesterday i couldn't believe it. It looked like you had been making the same things as me but somehow in real life and not in the computer. The ones I made in my first post I more so looked for in certain parameters and found rather than made. Did you use a robot for the one posted on dan's thread? What are you, some sort of robot wizard? The clay mandala is very cool too. Also the nature video was so soothing, you can really feel the love pouring from the camera man onto his fellow life.

You guys are all fantastic. Thanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks Braden.... Yes, that's me singing and I created the song... using Foot Mann's post as the lyrics for it. Smile

Audacity and Mixcraft are two programs I use for song development. Mixcraft has a ton of beats to work with.

Last edited by 99 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

jofo

Post by jofo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 am

these works of art, your personal portals

thanks for sharing
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 am

Here is a series I did with mechanical calculated drawings a year ago.

I was kinda of obsessed. After I was better at geometry, I drew a few complex geometric shapes using a nice compass set.

smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Infinity - A new hand cranked cycloid zen meditation. A Triskel inspired shape.

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Smelly,

Love the hand drawn stuff.  Would love to get the tools to do the cycloids.

I have been producing music for 4 years now, but have not made anything in the past year.  Your post inspired me to finish up one of the songs i had been working on.  I even animated a music video for it, which was a first for me.  I spent the last few days learning video editing/animation and this is what I cranked out :

Can't wait to make more.

Last edited by barden on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Wow! I love it! Thanks for sharing. Love everything about it... the music and the art animations! Please DO share more!

---------------------
Read that post of yours over again and it must have been late at night when I read it because I thought you said that you wanted to learn how to create music. Sometimes I suffer from blurry vision... sort of, at the end of the day after being on the computer all day hence why I probably misread that part of your post. Anyway, now am reading it again only to see that you said that you do, in fact, create electronic music. Sorry I missed that but it's why I said for you to PM me, in my feedback on that post, if you want to learn how to create music. lol..... it's clear that you already can do that and you're good at it too!
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Braden_W wrote:Smelly,

Love the hand drawn stuff.  Would love to get the tools to do the cycloids.

I have been producing music for 4 years now, but have not made anything in the past year.  Your post inspired me to finish up one of the songs i had been working on.  I even animated a music video for it, which was a first for me.  I spent the last few days learning video editing/animation and this is what I cranked out :

Can't wait to make more.

Excellent stuff Brad.

Beautiful expression.

Keep it coming.

To draw these just YouTube hand drawn geometry and get a good compass set on Amazon.

Drawing Geometry: A Primer of Basic Forms for Artists, Designers, and Architects https://www.amazon.com/dp/0863156088/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_786CAb393SAYN

Ruler and Compass: Practical Geometric Constructions (Wooden Books) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0802717764/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_y96CAbF2TTCNA

Sacred Geometry (Wooden Books) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0802713823/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_N96CAbJCX382R

The Golden Section: Nature's Greatest Secret (Wooden Books) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0802715397/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_296CAb8TYY0NP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm

This is really exciting! There's so much incredible talent here!

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks guys!

99, no problem, i figured you had just misread.

Smelly, Sweet! I'm gonna get some of these books. They will for sure up my skills in all of this.

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm

I finally finished my second music video for one of my new songs.  This time I focused on layering and compositing video rather than animation.  I think I have found my new favorite medium.  The best way to describe it is video collage.

Last edited by barden on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:06 pm

I’ll check. Sorry.

Can’t wait to see this.

Looks amazing.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 99 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:27 pm

I like how what's in the video matches up to the mood of the music. A very intriguing production! Smile
smelly
Member of Distinction
Member of Distinction

Post by smelly on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:26 pm

That’s amazing Brad.

You give me some ideas.

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 am

Thanks Guys! It really does mean a lot that you took a gander. None of this art and music would exist without you and all the other creatures I have met through this portal. You are all wonderful characters of my current dream. Besides Ack, I have barely spoken more than a few sentences with any of you. However I feel like I know all of you and something about you all inspires me and gives me awe and wonder. Via proximity I am now the creator that I once was. Please both of you keep sharing more too, you fuel my creations.

I hope you all know that I love you. I love you

How strange it is to love complete strangers. Sorry, i'm a bit strange now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:51 pm