UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2
Yesterday at 9:12 pm by garzparz

» New Members & Returning Members, Welcome to OM
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 pm by Cyrellys

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:20 am by drwu23

» MIND MIX RADIO 2017
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:24 am by dan

» Getting too Close
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm by Earthling

» Morgellons and Nanotechnology
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:02 pm by Summers

» Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 pm by dan

» The Reality of The Phenomenon
Fri May 26, 2017 4:39 pm by RyanM

» space travel
Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 pm by jizba

August 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

MIND MIX RADIO joins OMF

Fri May 06, 2016 6:27 pm by Admin

Mind Mix Radio hosted by Manticore Group joins the Open Minds Forum May of 2016. Featuring talk on a wide variety of subjects ranging from research to current events, it is expected to add a new dimension to the materials featured at OMF.

A (new?) vision of the Eschaton

miken277

A (new?) vision of the Eschaton

Post by miken277 on Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 am

Let me start this post by stating that I am not an eschatologist, nor am I a Biblical scholar. However, I have spent around 15 years studying religious and esoteric texts, with a view to understanding their common origin.
I am primarily a student of Western Esoteric texts, for example the work of Alice Bailey, Helena Roerich, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, and Benjamin Creme, and also eastern Advaita texts. I have a little experience with studies of gnostic texts and the Bible.
Readers of this forum may already be familiar with the work of Benjamin Creme and his take on the second coming, but for those of you not already familiar, it is essentially a very hopeful view.
It is felt in this group that when Christ returns, he will not come to condemn anyone, but to reestablish the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth (or rather to re-establish it in our awareness, since it has always been here). That Kingdom belongs essentially to all - Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and Atheist alike, when they participate in it, with Awareness.

Awareness will prove to us the existence of God, the fact of mankind's identity as sons of God, and mankind and Christ's presence on earth as a servant of the Lord. I am putting this in Christian terms, but of course it is beyond all that. Christ comes to restore the sense (mainly forgotten) that mankind is One - even as it maintains its cultural, religious, ethnic and political diversity. Christ himself is expected in all these traditions under different names. The religions and political structures, or "isms", though they will persist, cannot lead to salvation in and of themselves.

For example, in Christianity, the formula "Only through Christ" has been misused to condemn others, and to put forward religion as the answer - however that begs the question, Who existed before religion? Ask yourself that question seriously, and you will come to the conclusion as I did that Christ and God both pre-exist their mention in any religious book, scripture, or any human manifestation. I would submit that Awareness existed before anything, and Awareness itself is the only Son of God - the first thing that emerged in the beginning, as it is said in first John. "In the beginning was the Word". This Word or Logos was always understood by the ancients (particularly the Vedanta or Advaita Hindus) to mean something greater than a text or person, though a person or text could be a relatively perfect manifestation of it as Christ in Jesus was.
This brings new meaning and a new perspective to the central pillars of Christian thought - the centrality of the Word and the person of Christ as the gateway to salvation. Both can be used to save, or, as is more commonly the case, to veil and hide the truth which is beyond words.
So I submit these ideas to you as nothing new, but something to consider with an open mind. Mr. Creme's website and magazine (entitled Share International - a google search will bring them up) are a trove of information on this vision of the second coming. A good distillation of Christ's first teachings in the modern era can be found in the book "Maitreya's Teachings - the Laws of Life" which were transcribed from talks He gave in the Brick Lane community between 1988 and 1993. These talks were attended by a member of that community and translated into English, and given to the editors of Share International. Mr. Creme's website has a couple of free books available as well.
Sincerely,
Mike Nolley
dan
Special Guest
Special Guest

Re: A (new?) vision of the Eschaton

Post by dan on Tue May 24, 2016 9:51 am

Welcome to OMF, Mike......

Thank you for sharing with us your interest in Benjamin Creme and the advent of the Maitreya.  

I am familiar with the teachings of Benjamin Creme.  I was a member of the Theosophical group in Baltimore, for a couple of years.  And there may be others, here, who would also like to engage with you.  

You say that you have a new vision of the Eschaton.  Please feel free to elaborate......
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Post by Cyrellys on Thu May 26, 2016 11:12 pm

miken277 wrote:Let me start this post by stating that I am not an eschatologist, nor am I a Biblical scholar. However, I have spent around 15 years studying religious and esoteric texts, with a view to understanding their common origin.
I am primarily a student of Western Esoteric texts, for example the work of Alice Bailey, Helena Roerich, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, and Benjamin Creme, and also eastern Advaita texts. I have a little experience with studies of gnostic texts and the Bible.
Readers of this forum may already be familiar with the work of Benjamin Creme and his take on the second coming, but for those of you not already familiar, it is essentially a very hopeful view.
It is felt in this group that when Christ returns, he will not come to condemn anyone, but to reestablish the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth (or rather to re-establish it in our awareness, since it has always been here). That Kingdom belongs essentially to all - Hindu, Buddhist, Christian and Atheist alike, when they participate in it, with Awareness.

Awareness will prove to us the existence of God, the fact of mankind's identity as sons of God, and mankind and Christ's presence on earth as a servant of the Lord. I am putting this in Christian terms, but of course it is beyond all that. Christ comes to restore the sense (mainly forgotten) that mankind is One - even as it maintains its cultural, religious, ethnic and political diversity. Christ himself is expected in all these traditions under different names. The religions and political structures, or "isms", though they will persist, cannot lead to salvation in and of themselves.

For example, in Christianity, the formula "Only through Christ" has been misused to condemn others, and to put forward religion as the answer - however that begs the question, Who existed before religion? Ask yourself that question seriously, and you will come to the conclusion as I did that Christ and God both pre-exist their mention in any religious book, scripture, or any human manifestation. I would submit that Awareness existed before anything, and Awareness itself is the only Son of God - the first thing that emerged in the beginning, as it is said in first John. "In the beginning was the Word". This Word or Logos was always understood by the ancients (particularly the Vedanta or Advaita Hindus) to mean something greater than a text or person, though a person or text could be a relatively perfect manifestation of it as Christ in Jesus was.
This brings new meaning and a new perspective to the central pillars of Christian thought - the centrality of the Word and the person of Christ as the gateway to salvation. Both can be used to save, or, as is more commonly the case, to veil and hide the truth which is beyond words.
So I submit these ideas to you as nothing new, but something to consider with an open mind. Mr. Creme's website and magazine (entitled Share International - a google search will bring them up) are a trove of information on this vision of the second coming. A good distillation of Christ's first teachings in the modern era can be found in the book "Maitreya's Teachings - the Laws of Life" which were transcribed from talks He gave in the Brick Lane community between 1988 and 1993. These talks were attended by a member of that community and translated into English, and given to the editors of Share International. Mr. Creme's website has a couple of free books available as well.
Sincerely,
Mike Nolley

Hi Mike, Welcome to OMF. Yes you're welcome to elaborate on these things. Dan Smith is our resident eschatologist and his conversations can run quite deep at times. Please feel free to join in our small fray here.

Some of what you have described above is very similar to the Celtic worldview of the spiritual experience. I just had a conversation today with someone on this subject. The celtic view being 'it is all conscious' or 'it is all consciousness' or 'all One.' Unfortunately my remarks had been at the time lost on the person to whom I'd been speaking. I think it was largely because most fundamental christians today still consider Pelagianism and the pursuit of All Being as a facet of Excellence as heresy.

They've been told they are sinners beyond redemption a few years too many I suppose. My personal opinion is organized religion with its absolute doctrines can ultimately do more damage than good...as in destroying the capacity for reason...or maybe I just get really lucky and have the dubious honor of being the one to run into only the really sour apples.

Lopsided grin. It's been a rough day.

Cyrellys

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

FEMA Orders 200,000 Death Certificates–What For?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrNGx_nEwA&feature=player_embedded

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:23 am