UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Immaterialism 3
Yesterday at 11:20 pm by Sweet Release

» Disclosure - For U by U
Yesterday at 2:12 pm by Reptile

» Montage grokking
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 pm by mion

» Immaterialism 2
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:48 am by ParanoidFactoid

» Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm by Reptile

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 pm by 99

» MIND MIX RADIO
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:22 pm by Cyrellys

» Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things - Cyrellys
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:44 pm by Cyrellys

» Grant Cameron, Foot Mann and Dan Smith
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 am by painterdoug

Where did all the Open Minds Forum members go?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm by Admin

With Open Minds Forum restored now for almost half a year at it's new location with forumotion.com we can now turn to look at reaching out to OMF's original members who have not yet returned home. OMF's original membership was over 6,000 members strong, prior to the proboards suspension, according to the rolls of the time. We can probably safely assume that some of those accounts were unidentified socks. If we were to assume a reasonable guess of maybe as many as 30% possible sock accounts then that would leave potentially somewhere between 4800 to 4900 possible real members to locate. That is still a substantial number of people.

Who were all these people? Some were average individuals with common interests in ufology, exopolitics, globalism, corruption, earthchanges, science and technology, and a variety of other interests. Some just enjoyed being part of a vibrant and unusually interesting community. Others were representative of various insider groups participating in observation and outreach projects, while still others were bonafide intelligence community personnel. All with stake in the hunt for truth in one fashion or another. Some in support of truth, and communication. Others seeking real disclosure and forms of proof. And others highly skeptical of anything or limited subjects. The smallest division of membership being wholly anti-disclosure oriented.

So where did these members vanish to? They had many options. There are almost innumerable other forums out there on the topics of UFO's or Exopolitics, the Unexplained, and Conspiracy Theory. Did they disappear into the world-wide network of forum inhabitants? Did some go find new homes on chatrooms or individual blogs? Did they participate in ufo conventions or other public events and gatherings? How about those who represented groups in special access? Or IC and military observers? Those with academic affiliations? Where did they all go and what would be the best way to reach out and extend an invitation to return?

And what constitutes a situation deserving of their time and participation? Is the archive enough? How exactly do people within the paradigm most desire to define a community? Is it amenities, humanity or simply population size for exposure? Most of the special guests have been emailed and have expressed that population size for exposure is what most motivates them. But not all. Long-time member Dan Smith has other priorities and values motivating his participation. Should this open opportunities for unattached junior guests who have experience and dialog to contribute to the world? How best to make use of OMF's time, experience and resources?

Many skeptics would like to see the historical guardian of discourse opportunity to just up and disappear; go into permanent stasis. They think that not everyone has a right to speak about their experiences and if there is no proof involved then there can philosophically be no value to discourse. I personally would respectfully disagree with them. Discourse has always been the prelude to meaningful relationships and meaningful mutual relationships have always been the prelude to exchanges of proof. In a contentious social environment with regards to communication vs disclosure how do we best re-establish a haven for those preludes? Is it only the "if we build it they will come" answer? Well considering OMF has been largely fully functional over the last four or five months this line of reasoning is not necessarily true. So what would be the best way re-establish this? Your suggestions are sought. Please comment.

MMR Twitter News

November 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Hackle's adventure through UFOlogy

Hackle

Hackle's adventure through UFOlogy

Post by Hackle on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I was directed here by a current forum member after our encounter earlier today.

I'm very interested in UFOlogy - always have been. These days I have such a powerful drive towards UFOlogy and the metaphysical side of it.

After meeting one of the guys from here, I never knew just HOW MUCH more research I need to do.

Leads and contacts have been coming in my direction lately, so I'm recognising a pattern here, but not sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Having said that, I'm a founding member of the Northern Ireland UFO Society.

Anything else that comes to mind I'll fire up here.

Glad to be part of the forums. As far as I know, there are some juicy stuff in regards to UFOlogy here.

Hackle
Cyrellys
Admin
Admin

Re: Hackle's adventure through UFOlogy

Post by Cyrellys on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Welcome to OMF Hackle! Yes I know your friend Pman. He is co-Admin here along with myself and Jake Reason of Canada. I'm pleased to meet you. Yes there are many gems here to discover. The truth behind and in proximity to the front cover of UFOs runs deep and in many directions. I have heard good things about your Northern Ireland UFO Society from Pman. The Celtic Tradition shines in this paradigm. I'm Old Irish out of the U.S. state of Oregon, lately living in Montana. Pman can tell you more of the Old Irish in the Pacific Northwest and their ties to this contact paradigm, if it interests you.

You are welcome to share information garnered from your society's work to cross post here if you wish. We have several members who will update the readership on events and interviews that their various organizations do.

If my own blog at the bottom of the index (Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things) does not make initial sense, it's just a matter of catching up on the thread. I've been tracking the evolution of comprehension within US governance about the influence of extraterrestrial contact on US domestic and foreign policy. We had a series of major events starting in early January that involved open declaration/confirmation of this influence which resulted in a number of high profile internet/journalistic/intelligence sites to chime in their two cents in response.

Anyway if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I hope you enjoy our small but growing community here.

Cyrellys

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
Rooster's Crow Confusion
One thing else to end the deed --
A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow
jacksonhunny

jackson new here

Post by jacksonhunny on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:28 am

hi to all

Sponsored content

Re: Hackle's adventure through UFOlogy

Post by Sponsored content