Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» Livin Your Best Life
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:17 pm by Big Bunny Love

» Why are we here?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:25 am by dan

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 pm by Mr. Janus

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2024 12:26 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 11:44 pm by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

» hobbit’s thread
Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 1:00 am by hobbit

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+7
pman35
skaizlimit
Bard
Cyrellys
dan
Jake Reason
GSB/SSR
11 posters

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

And for the insane, or other wise, we present:

Schroedinger's Cat is not Alone

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.4206v4

Beatriz Gato, Beatriz Gato-Rivera
    (Submitted on 23 Apr 2010 (v1), last revised 31 Mar 2011 (this version, v4))
    We introduce the `Complete Wave Function' and deduce that all living beings, not just Schroedinger's cat, are actually described by a superposition of `alive' and `dead' quantum states; otherwise they would never die. Therefore this proposal provides a quantum mechanical explanation to the world-wide observation that we all pass away. Next we consider the Measurement problem in the framework of M-theory. For this purpose, together with Schroedinger's cat we also place inside the box Rasputin's cat, which is unaffected by poison. We analyse the system identifying its excitations (catons and catinos) and we discuss its evolution: either to a classical fight or to a quantum entanglement. We also propose the BSVΨ scenario, which implements the Complete Wave Function as well as the Big Bang and the String Landscape in a very (super)natural way. Then we test the gravitational decoherence of the entangled system applying an experimental setting due to Galileo. We also discuss the Information Loss paradox. For this purpose we consider a massless black cat falling inside a massive black hole. After that we outline a method to compute the contribution of black cats to the dark matter of the universe. Finally, in the spirit of Schroedinger, we propose that next generation double-slit experiments should use cats as projectiles. Cat interferometry will inevitably lead to the `Many Cats' interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, allowing to shed new light on old mysteries and paradoxes. For example, according to this interpretation, conservative estimates show that decision making of a single domestic cat will create about 550 billion whole universes every day, with as many replicas of itself.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Hello, Cy, OMF II - Part 2

Post by dan Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:25 am

June 11

Enroute from SFO to Ontario, to visit Ron's and my friend, John S, who is occasionally on OMF as Skaizlimit.  

I came out to San Francisco on Friday, I believe it was, to visit Jack Sarfatti, Paul Z and David G.  Jack had just gotten back from one of his many trips Europe.  His highlight this time was well attended lecture in Catania, Sicilly, hosted by several physicists and thd former Interior minister of Italy.  On this same trip he was invited to join the Savile Club of London, an honor indeed.  

Yesterday, Jack was interviewed, for the second time, by Princess Aliyah on Leopards on the Prowl, on WolfSpriti radio.  

At Jack's we were joined by Chris Altman and Larry Lemke.  

Jack, of course, is sticking to his story of UFO's as our technologically advanced ancestors communicating back to us from our own future.  This does sound a lot like part of a closed timelike curve (CTC), but Jack was making no cosmological or ontological concessions to the BPWH.  

Chris claims to be connected with various advanced space faring projects, privately and government funded, as well as with some related AI projects.  He does seem to have contact with a number of well placed individuals.  

And that was so yesterday.......

Today, on my way to the airport, I thought I should stop by RTB in Covina.  I want their assistance in forming a focus group within GFC/SfA to explore biblical prophecy from within our current circumstances.  

(cont.)
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 pm

CTC? "It is happening, again." 3:33 "The sun comes up and down each day."

Iraqi militants try to install vast Islamic state
    The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, aka ISIS, has an especially brutal reputation for carrying out suicide bombings, public executions
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/iraqi-militants-try-to-install-vast-islamic-state/

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 am

Gary,

I did get half-way through it before deciding that there could be no socially redeeming aspect to this... what.... rediculous video.  

Do you ever take a vacation, Gary?  Do you have a life?  

Anyway, I will again attempt to recap the trip to SF & LA......

If Central casting were paid a million dollars to cast a villain for the BPW, they could hardly have done better than with Jack S.  He only ever gets more curmudgeonly, and just when I think it would be impossible.  Nonetheless, his role in this saga probably does have some twisted purpose, one of which may have been to introduce me to Chris A, and his lovely chaperone.  Chris is straight out of the Matrix, with a plausible rolodex to prove it.  

11:50---------

Had a chat with the Princess......

I am pressing for some enhanced priority for saving the world over saving the rhinos or sponsoring the Great Falls July 4th celebration.  Mind you that both of these latter projects may be an essential cover for the former task, but it would more expeditious if we could get our signals straight on that score.  

She has noticed that Ron tends to leave the room whenever she and I attempt to discuss anything more serious than saving the rhinos.  I suggested tying him in the chair and interrogating him, but she opined that it would not likely be useful.  

She will get back to me on that, however.  

I did hear back from someone at RtB, who assured me that Mark Clark will be contacting me, and Ron seems favorable to our having a meeting back here.  Just that one meeting, properly orchestrated, could be the final straw, for all I know or don't know.  

My point to the Princess was the matter of the timing.  IMHO, if the world is not to blow up, economically, or any other way, we will need to have turned the corner on the MoAPS by D-day, 6/15.  

My contention has always been that it's just a question of the right person making the right phone call, and that person could be Ron, as well as anyone else.  

2pm------

Ron calls, looking for the Princess......  Well, whenever I call, she answers the phone, so what can I say?  Since when does a scribe get priority over a footman?  

Ah, yes, yesterday, in Sun City, John S let me borrow his book by Tony Rizzi, who does theoretical and experimental gravity research, and has been studying philosophy for the past twenty years.  His book, The Science Before Science, is written from a catholic perspective.  He provides fresh insights on many issues of importance to me.  The one place where he falls down is on immaterialism.  It is particularly, in just that regard, that his book is most valuable to me.  It provides me with the most complete roadmap to the theistic antipathy to idealism.  He pulls no punches.  

Now, if only I could remember what he says.......

Ok, Tony equates idealism with humanistic solipsism, and that's just for starters.  Along the way, positivism gets a good shellacking.  

And, get this, he never once mentions the anthropic principle.  That is bizarre.  His attack is mainly on scientism, particularly in the form of Darwinism.  In doing so, he does broach on the mind-body problem, a-la Plantinga, rather as a glancing blow.  Nothing like Thomas Nagel.  

His real firepower is reserved for idealism.  Has he never heard of Christian idealism?  He is targetting the pantheist, mystical side of idealism, using machete, where a scalpel might do.  

And, of course, he has nothing to say about eschatology.  If he doesn't like Darwin, what sort of teleology does he want?  TBMK, he never uses that word.  

With those provisos, TSBS is highy rcommeneded.  It could be exhibit A for the theological avoidance of the core issues of the BPWH.  

Now I'm wondering about this putative meeting of RA&D with MC.  How will that go?  

What can Ron say, if he doesn't just call me crazy?  

Have we gotten ourselves into a bind, resource-wise?  He'll say that we have 500 years of coal left.  

Is there a phenomenology problem?  Show me......

Disclosure/MoAPS?  

4pm------------

Clearly a concession will have to be made, if there is to be any point in a meeting. What might such a minimal concession be? We'll have to discuss this at the party tomorrow.

My request to Mark will be to enable me to have my little xian/eschaton focus group. Will Ron give his blessing to such a request?

Then there was the issue of Gail Tverberg and her warning that we are experiencing a bubble in investing in fracking. Does that simply presage a shift back to coal? This is much too narrow of an issue. But I did just hear that oil prices were at a high for the year, having to do with the turmoil being generated by ISIS.

(cont.)

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 am

Mark C, in an email response to an earlier meeting request by John S, said that he would not be available except for the first couple of weeks in September, just before school starts again in the fall.  It appears, however, that he replied to John only after receiving my personal request at RtB.  Ron will then have to make his personal request.  

After Mark, there is only Gail.  And there is the Princess and me meeting with university administrators to arrange for on campus focus groups.  

After that, it's just me and Paul against the world..... not a likely prospect for a successful outcome.  

Is that all she wrote?  Seems like it, to me.  

I have to explain to the Princess, that if we're going to make a mistake, we might as well make a big mistake and go with RAD/BPWH.  4th of July in Great Falls just doesn't measure up, IMHO.  

The Princess is potentially either the weakest or the strongest link in the above. Up to now, she has been the weakest, either consciously or unconsciously, it makes little difference. It is about whether we decide to move forward or not. I don't see how we can move backward. And maybe it's time for me to move........

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Dan: I did get half-way through it before deciding that there could be no socially redeeming aspect to this.

Gary: Yes, exactly! Riding the closed timelike curve, one does sometimes discover in spite of the best (precognitive, prophetic?) efforts, certain undesirable elements/events cannot be redeemed nor prevented.

It is suggested here they are directed by an unseen intelligence acting behind the scenes (or in the mirror).

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:06 am

Gary,

Ok, wonderful...... so then what is the good news?

And, also, it appears that we've had our first business-like meeting, and we seem to be on about the same page wrt our d-day options, and the lead-up, thereto.  You might want to make reservations for Ledoc, as one of the more mundane possibilities.  Otherwise, we can dream of Jeanie.  What else can I say?  There was a strange phone call that is being traced.  And did you know that the Queen of Kashmir went missing in 1955, and that it might be related to MH370?  I did not.  But, hey, I know Jack.  And we are working on the guest list, so better be nice, we're checking it twice.  

And I did relay the story that John Ellis told to Chris and me at the noise-bridge hacker space in SF.  It was not quite accurate, at least not as I recounted it, because John never had the option of shooting down the Australian airliner.  It is never an option.  It is never at the pilot's discretion, for obvious reasons.  I apologize for the misunderstanding.  Did I recount it here?  

Ron does say that pilots sleeping on the job is a fairly common occurrence.  Doing so on 9/11 could have ruined your whole day!  

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:19 am

When I said that our first business-like aquarium meeting was held late Saturday night, it was meant to underscore the point that, IMHO, it was not an actual business meeting.  It was just a stab in the dark at such a meeting.  

Very soon I want an actual such meeting, with approx the following agenda......

1.)  We have a tentative end date of June of next year.  

2.)  The start date remains undefined.  

2a.)  By my definition, it will be when this becomes Aliyah's first priority, which can happen only when she is able to delegate most of her KWF responsibilities.  Said delegation will be our priority business item.  

3.)  Well in advance of next June we will have to connect with 'MJ12'.  This might be as simple as getting a briefing from Ron to the effect of adding that linkage as an additional protocol.  

4.)  The main D-day event will be a public Skype conference that will recap the events leading up to that day, and outlining the major goals and options going forward.  There will be a modest media participation, with the intent of having some of the issues raised therein being brought up in one of the subsequent White House press briefings.  

5.)  In the meantime, the emphasis would be on the formation of focus groups, which would be expected to become quasi-autonomous, within the general rubric of the BPWH.  Along with this would be the need to set funding goals, along with the establishment of a minimal international NGO structure.  Likely there would be competing such structures.  Constructive competition should be fostered, from the beginning.  

Any other agenda items?  

11am---------

If it should turn out that MJ12 never existed or has somehow vanished into thin air, is there a backup plan?  Well, that would then be the #1 priority for Ron.  

#2a wil require the near-term leasing of office space, with optimal flexibility wrt time and location for exercizing that option.  The hiring of an office manager would be part of that plan, and that would figure into the initial location.  

#5 will be the main focus prior to the actual arranging of the D-day phone-a-thon/webinar.  

noon-----------

Convo with the Princess about the above agenda.........

#2a has already been arranged for our next meeting.  

2b.)  A first responsibility for the manager will be fundraising.  It would be done mainly on a percentage basis, on an appropriate sliding scale, with a minimum guaranteed salary.  

In as much as the BPWH may be merged into or subsumed by the KWF, there could be a variety of objections concerning religious affiliations and/or agendas.  That should not be a problem as long as the KWF is forthright about any such connections.  I am simply propounding a Quaker-like belief that there is that of God in all of us.  Has there ever been any spiritual system that has outright denied such an hypothesis?  

With this proviso, the KWF can continue to function as is, while gradually evolving from a Kashmiri to a more cosmic perspective.  Anything wrong with that?

The BPWH can then be listed as one of its several affiliates.  Potential donors could then be provided with a means for allocating their gifts between the various affiliates or activities.  As long as we cannot be perceived as being less than candid.  

One technical detail would be the printing of a second set of business cards for occasions when either of us would be representing ourselves as being affiliated primarily with the BPW aspect.  Or, perhaps, it would be sufficient just for my cards to be so worded.  

Isn't it nice to have such mundane problems to deal with, for a change?  

1:50---------

In the meantime, there is no reason why we should not be establishing a permanent presence in Kashmir.  My understanding is that already dozens of Kashmiri families are involved in the Kashmir Rose production affiliate.  No reason not to have a local coordination office, if it does not already exist.  It would be a logical initial base for the KWF Institute for advanced studies.  

The KIAS should certainly be featured in our D-day webinar.  Initially it would be staffed by Kashmiri Sufi practitioners.  

Here is another sticky issue...  On campus recruiting or in church proselytizing......

What will be our workaround?  We would encourage any new voluteer to stay in place.  Wherever you find yourself, that is your home-base.  Work it the best you can.  Are we then to be perceived as globally subversive?  How else are we to be perceived.  

Hey, folks, we are Universalists. Get used to it. Get over it!

(cont.)

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:21 am

Dan, if you want to be "globally subversive" you might study how the Koreans are doing this.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140304000914

The Korean Wave is again sweeping across China, with many Chinese women worshipping South Korean actors Kim Soo-hyun and Lee Min-ho as demigods. Chinese netizens have always been divided over South Korean TV dramas, but there is no doubt that programs from the neighboring country are now enjoying a new round of popularity in China. And a big part of the credit for that goes to “You who Came from the Star,” the South Korean TV series which is on the air now.

My Love from the Star (Hangul: 별에서 온 그대; RR: Byeoreseo on geudae; literally You Who Came from the Stars) is a South Korean television series about an alien who landed on Earth in the Joseon Dynasty and, 400 years later, falls in love with a top actress in the modern era.[1]

Besides high viewership ratings in South Korea, the series also proved to be successful in China, where it became the most expensive Korean drama sold as of February 2014.[34]It also became one of the most viewed streaming shows on Chinese platform iqiyi, where it was streamed more than 2.5 billion times from December 2013 to February 2014.[35]

And, with great power comes great responsibility (or lack thereof)

OMF netizens might take comfort knowing that according to Mad Max Tegmark's world view, in a parallel world out there, somewhere, it is Dan and not Snoop Dog drinking and dancing with PSY! Or maybe it is Snoop Dog drinking with Dan? :-) Or perhaps Dan joins them? Is there a cameo role? 

We won't know until Jack builds his FTL warp drive so we can go "out there" and find out (Tegmark's Level I).

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article535053/Psy-explains-%E2%80%98Hangover%E2%80%99-success-%E2%80%98I%E2%80%99m-a-heavy-drinker%E2%80%99.html

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Gary,

'Hangover'! What is there not to like about that video??

I'm in an office rental space in Reston, where the Princess and I had our first actual business meeting, discussing our ~12 month timeline, paying due attention to the options and the costs associated therewith.

(cont.)

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Dan, you still have not acknowledged that the BPWH requires the MWH to be valid.

If God is omnibenevolentomnipotent and omniscient, how do we account for the suffering and injustice that exist in the world?

It is a matter of faith, given we cannot know with certainty which one of the many possible worlds we inhabit.

Last edited by GSB/SSR on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:44 am

Date: June 17, 2014, 9:09:52 PM EDT
    To: Dan Smith
    Cc: Aliyah
    Subject: Blog #1

The Princess is sponsoring the da Vinci Challenge to create a cadre of extraordinary beings to translate her ideas for a Best Possible World into actions.  She is selecting a group talented people to conduct the search for these beings who will report directly to the Royal Scribe, Mr. Smith. Applications are being received for membership on the Search Team.  Describe your talents, examples of how you have used the talents, and your proposed search strategies.  Mr. Smith will advise the Princess of the most qualified and diverse candidates. __ Foot Man

Gary,

I have, on any number of occasions, addressed the traditional question of theodicy that you raise.  

My answer is very straight forward.  This is the only world and also the best possible singular world, and not as one among many.  

It is this caveat that the modern mind is unable to grasp.  We are so used to thinking in terms of ensembles that we no longer have any conception of singularity.  I will grant you that if there were an ensemble, this one would certainly not be the best possible.  But I do not grant you that premise, so your argument falls flat.

Given the singularity, diversity has a much higher premium on the scale of goodness.  That is what the modern mind cannot grasp.  

Nor can the modern mind grasp the singular role of eschatology in the BPWH.  You are arguing apples.  I'm arguing oranges, and the two PoV's are incomensurable.  Get over it, Gary.  

Another very significant and unique aspect of the BPWH is that Creation is essential to the Creator, as if it could be anything less!  Therefore the great challenges that we face in life are essential to the entire cosmic structure and dynamic, and so is every trial and tribulation, individually and collectively.  And also we must keep in mind that the cosmos is not WYSIWYG, and that we sapients are all time-sharing the singular cosmic Soul.  If that does not change your entire valuation of life, Gary, I don't know what will.  

Now, back to the Foot Man.......

I am skeptical of his proposal, on several counts......

1.)  I do not believe that we now have the time to find, recruit and train these putative extraordinary beings.  

2.)  It is elitist, on the face of it.  

3.)  If there is a need for an inner core, it should develop organically and spontaneously, through an expanded networking effort.  

4.)  The establishment of focus groups is the most likely pathway to expanding the network.  

(cont.)

Last edited by dan on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total
    GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:41 am

This: "My answer is very straight forward.  This is the only world and also the best possible singular world, and not as one among many."

Has been falsified by the human imagination. And within the information paradigm, imagination is no less real than any other structure in the universe/multiverse.

Also, Mensky and others argue that the true singular reality is quantum (true universal set of all possibilities) and we are merely sampling one mental slice -- but he also adds that consciousness is something beyond the material world. And it is possible to sample other realities/worlds under special conditions. This is similar to Jack's position: we need a post-quantum model to explain certain anomalous mental experiences.

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:48 am

And there's this from BBC:

The maker of a drone that fires pepper spray bullets says it has received its first order for the machine.
    South Africa-based Desert Wolf told the BBC it had secured the sale of 25 units to a mining company after showing off the tech at a trade show in London.
    It is marketing the device as a "riot control copter" that can tackle crowds "without endangering the lives of security staff".
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27902634

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:20 am

Gary,

You are being silly.......

I give much credence to the Ultra-Terrestrial Hypothesis (UTH), and to the ambiguous notion of 'many mansions', all within the rubric of an anthropocentric, geocentric, theocentric, christocentric cosmos, astronomical appearances to the contrary, notwithstanding.  

I am reasonably confident, Gary, that MJ12 has ample evidence in support of the BPWH, and none to support the MWH.  How else can we explain the R&D show?  Just yesterday, I posited to Ron that I would feel slighted were he to be anything less than MJ3 at this juncture.  He had no comment.

Am I not expendable wrt the BPWH?  Physically, yes, historically no.  As I keep pointing out, the only good saint is a dead saint, and have I not achieved my three-score and ten?  

Yes, I would love to have a focus group or two, at my disposal, but I have managed for these many years without such.  When the PtB is ready to play, they have my number.  Until such time, I have my very loyal and silent focus group, right here @OMFII.  

Should I start shelling out big bucks in order to expedite a genius search committee?  I am dubious.  Anyone within the sound of my voice is hereby deputized to step forward as a volunteer genius and/or genie.  Don't everyone speak up at once.  

I'm off to a meeting with Sam and Jim C.  This meeting comes at a critical time wrt R,A&D.  

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:12 pm

UTH? I believe that was the premiss behind Twin Peaks (above video) ... with some coloration from Tibetan mysticism. The UFO (Project Blue Book) references in the show are merely cover stories for the UTH reality. 

BTW Twin Peaks director/creator David Lynch has a transcendental meditation charity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch_Foundation

The David Lynch Foundation For Consciousness-Based Education and World Peace (DLF) is a global charitable foundation with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, and Fairfield, Iowa.[1][2][dead link][3][4] It was founded by film director and Transcendental Meditation (TM) practitioner David Lynch in 2005 to fund the teaching of TM in schools.[5] Over the years it has expanded its focus to include other "at-risk" populations such as the homeless, U.S. military veterans, African war refugees[6] and prison inmates.[7]

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 am

Gary,

You do seem obsessed with TP. I've never been able to take it seriously.

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Not sure why TM is seen as superior to mind melding with Christ.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Skai,  

I'll tell you why, IMHO.......

The prophetic tradition is due for an overhaul, in the context of our having entered into the Endtimes, an Endtimes that can be measured by the price of gas at the pump.  

Sect'y James Watt was supposed to have said that Jesus would come again when the last tree had been chopped down.  I'm suggesting that the real trigger might be when oil reaches $200/bbl and/or global credit fails.  

When I was out at the Artemis collapse conference, a few weeks ago, Gail T showed fig #5..... http://ourfiniteworld.com/2014/05/29/converging-energy-crises-and-how-our-current-situation-differs-from-the-past/  which shows a precipitous drop in energy production, starting next year.  What is behind the drop-off is a credit crisis spurred by energy concerns.  We have a vicious downward spiral in the global economy.  

James and I harbor decidedly heterodox views regarding the Parousia.  Nonetheless, I took Gail's economic scenario as a provocation for my last hurrah, which lasted for about a month, until Debbie decided it was time to sequester my checkbook, bless her heart...... www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK7DA0FliIs .

Two days ago, Ron asked if I was serious about the next Independence Day.  Well, I'm as serious as I can be w/o a checkbook.  Money talks and BS walks, as they say.  At 70, speed-walking is no longer my forte.  

Outside of OMF and RAD, I barely exist.  The world depicted by Gail's #5 is staring us in the face.  Then go to figure 13, and read what follows.....
    You may think I am kidding with respect to the last item, “We need help from a Higher Power,” but I am not. Our universe seems to have been created by a Big Bang. But big bangs don’t just happen. We live in a very orderly universe. According to Newton’s Laws of Motion, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We also know that useful energy is balanced by friction. This, in fact, is a necessary balance, or the system would spin out of control. We also would not be able to drive down the road in a car without friction.

If a big bang happened, it seems likely to me that there was a major force behind the big bang. We can call this force Nature or a Higher Power. I am doubtful that the force behind the big bang would fix the world situation so that humans can continue along their current destructive path on earth. But the force might fix the situation in some other way–perhaps make the transition for humans easier to bear, or produce a new kind of big bang supporting an afterlife for humans as envisioned by various religions.
     This from the only economist who is not enthralled by our perpetual growth complex.  

It sounds like a MoAPS to me.  It also sounds like 4M/K/SoT/X2.  If MJ12 does not have my phone # by now, they are derelict.  

I believe it was last Friday when Aliyah got the phone call...... tell Dan that patience is a virtue, and you must find the one.  

That last imperative may have been what triggered Ron's blog #1, above.  He said he would trace the call.  But I am not enamored with his response.  It sounds hokey to my ear.  I would need more guidance.  

4:35----------

Spoke with the Princess......

Yesterday she had been upset that my recent distraction had prevented her from meeting with the President, yesterday.  Now she says that the Maker-Space meeting was actually a cover for our renewed bombing of Iraq, which has not yet been mentioned in the press, or maybe not even on the blogs, but there always has to be an exception.  No?  

So maybe I'm not being sufficiently patient with blog #1......

For instance, it may not be quite as hokey as it sounds. And, perhaps Gail and I are pushing the timeline a bit too hard.

Who'd a thunk, back in 1944, that we would have survived this far into the nuclear age of overkill? Maybe the UT's are being more patient with our itchy trigger fingers than we had any reason to hope.

Perhaps we do need to contact the DL, for his advice on searching for gifted ones, and their acclimation. And we might also contact KM, in that regard. But he has long since passed. There is another group, out of TS, like Share International. They found an Indian business person in California, who was briefly in the news.

(cont.)

GSB/SSR
    GSB/SSR
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by GSB/SSR Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Dan, don't you think it's about time for Ron's agency to pay up for all of your past services? I think about twenty years worth, as I recall. Maybe you should send them a bill since you have lost your checkbook! :-)

Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Now why didn't I think of that before?
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:05 am

Date: June 19, 2014, 9:02:12 PM EDT
    To: Dan Smith
    Subject: Search Committee for Extraordinary Beings

"Rev Dr Anthony G. Pike"

I think that Ron has a lot of explaining to do.  

I would like to know what Cy&Co think of Rayelan, which comes up in association with AG Pike..... http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=41807 .  

My sister, Louise, was much into this sort of thing.  What Ron's game is with this is anybody's guess.  

Last night we saw The Apocalypse Comes at 6pm.... http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80539700/ .

On the discussion panel afterwards was physicist Peter Armitage of JHU.  He bills himself as a quantum emergentist, after the likes of Robert Laughlin, it would seem.  His relativistic critique of the title was bizarre, IMHO.  

Is it unfair of me to suppose that, between Aliyah's drones and Ron's babe in a manger (BiM), I am being distracted, but from what?  I would like to say that I am being distracted from my putative focus group, but without R&A, what are my chances with a focus group?  Not to mention that I have been grounded.  

If I can get ungrounded, I'm supposed to meet with Lucien G next week.  He makes more sense than Pike, IMHO.  Lucien seems seriously sane.  

Yes, I need to know how the BiM is supposed to relate to the MoAPS.  It does seem like a stretch.  The former seems atavistic wrt the latter.  

And, hey, isn't a babe in the hand worth two in the bush??

(cont.)

skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am

Well, I continue to think that the Apocalypse, Perusia, End Times, etc fall into the category of "Already AND not yet" per "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand".
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:30 am

Skai,

Thank you for this comment.  

Skai is referring to Kingdom Theology, q.v.  I'm reading the entry now, and will report back....
    skaizlimit

Post by skaizlimit Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 am

There are several views of "Kingdom Theology" (haven't seen this term for it 'til now), but I'm not read up on it much at at all. A comprehensive treatment would be in order, no? I'm still, as usual, mired in the mundane aspects of day to day chores ... making sure house does not fall down, car keeps working, dogs are hap hap happy, guns are clean ... which reminds me ... and the inimitable problem of how to quiet down the ice cream trolling truck ... even county code enforcement has not yet figured out how to accomplish this nuisance abatement. Plato was right, that not everyone has the time to keep up with philosophical developments ... St Augustine too, speaking of theological developments and managing society religiously.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:21 pm

KoG theology (KoGT) relates particularly to the Vineyard movment, a neo-charismatic movement situated between the evangelical and pentecostal movements.  This somewhat defines my own situation, but with the very significant omission of the MoAPS.  

Any sort of charismatic movement on the protestant side quickly runs up against 'sola scriptura'.  GFC has some of the trappings of a Vineyard church, but maintains a firm grip on the Bible.  

The wiki entry points out the particular tension between the KoGT and the pre-tribulationists.  John C, in my SfA group, is a pre-tribber, and so he is the most conservative theologically, but we are the only two who speculate openly about the Endtimes.  

There is also a Catholic charismatic movement, deriving from the protestant version.  Critics suggest that it detracts from the 'Eu-charism' that is so emphasized by the Church.  I might tend to agree.  KIM that the protestant eucharist is an almost literally watered-down version of the Catholic mass.  

I'm just realizing the thin-line between Millennialism and Charism.  

The three spiritual awakenings in the US have all had Millennial overtones, quite in keeping with the idea of a manifest destiny.  

It should be noted the evangelism, per se, is strongly Millennial in the good-news that it proclaims, almost to the exclusion of the tribulation.  Also note that evangel and gospel are near cognates.  

The orthodox christian view is that the KoG is strictly a gift from God.  It is not about good works.  Evangelism does push that envelope, more than a bit.  Me?  I push it right over the top.  

I tend to equate philo-sophia with the eu-angel.  Is that a crime?  How were they separated?  

I should also note that the Islamic emphasis on occasionalism, to which I am sympathetic, does seem to contradict sophia and gnosis.  I need to address that problem.  

7:40-------

Occasionalism is just a cosmic intentionalism. What harm there?

(cont.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:46 am