Open Minds Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Open Minds Forum

Open Minds Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFOs, Extraterrestrial Contact, Conspiracy, Exopolitics, Geopolitics, Paranormal, Crypto-zoology, Ancient History, Cutting-Edge Science & Special Guests.

Latest topics

» What Music Are You Listening To ?
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeToday at 12:33 am by Mr. Janus

» Why are we here?
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:23 pm by RealPan

» Livin Your Best Life
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:18 pm by dan

» WRATH OF THE GODS/TITANS
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 12:04 am by Mr. Janus

» Scientists plan DNA hunt for Loch Ness monster next month
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 1:32 am by Mr. Janus

» Uanon's Majikal Misery Tour "it's all smiles on the magic school bus"
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:10 am by Mr. Janus

» OMF STATE OF THE UNION
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 12:01 am by Mr. Janus

» Earth Intelligence
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am by Mr. Janus

» The scariest character in all fiction
smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:54 am by Mr. Janus

Who's Disclosure is Disclosure?

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 am by Cyrellys

The narrative war is in full swing. When there's a 100 different competing narratives, how is it possible to discern a disclosure?

Is it akin to which truth is Truth?

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+2
dan
isaackoi
6 posters

Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

isaackoi
    isaackoi

smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Empty Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

Post by isaackoi Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm

I mentioned in passing in my introductory thread that I thought it would be useful to find a "just the facts ma'am" account by Dan Smith of his interactions with the Aviary, avoiding speculation and metaphysical discussion.  

I've now read most of Dan's writing online on his current website and its earlier incarnation, plus run searches of a fairly large collection of scanned material (books, articles, email discussion lists and documents) for other material by, or about Dan.

I still haven't found any "just the facts ma'am" account.  

As I mentioned in my introductory thread, I've uploaded a scanned copy of the Paranoia Magazine interview of Dan (from Issue 25, Winter 2001) to the link below (simply because I like to have a copy of an article as it appeared in print, since the print references tend to have more permanence than website links):
    https://app.box.com/s/7dkq4ns923r099c53mhm

In terms of books that contain information about Dan, I've pulled these books off my bookshelf for a start:

(1) Nick Redfern's relatively recent book, "Final Events" (2010)- which has a couple of pages on Dan (at pages 211-212).  Details of that book, by the way, are on Amazon at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVENTS-Secret-Government-Demonic-Afterlife/dp/1933665483

(2) Gary Bekkum's book "Spies, Lies and Polygraph Tape", which refers to Dan on a number of pages. Details of this book are at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1451503024

(3) Ed Komarek's ebook "Exopolitics: A Comprehensive Briefing" which refers to Dan on pages 95-97, 133 and 168.
    I think that a document that is about 3-4 pages long could contain the essential facts already online, and another 2 or so pages could add to the available information.

I'd be happy to help Dan produce such an account, in the format of an affidavit (whether to be sworn or not, at Dan's election).  

I've read enough to create an outline and raise some questions, unless someone can point to an existing resource.

It is, of course, up to Dan whether I bother putting in the time and effort to help create such a document.
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Empty Re: Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

Post by isaackoi Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 am

isaackoi wrote:
    I've read enough to create an outline and raise some questions, unless someone can point to an existing resource.

It is, of course, up to Dan whether I bother putting in the time and effort to help create such a document.

After another 6 months of looking into various issues, I still haven't found a basic "just the facts ma'am" account by Dan.

Has anyone else?

In the meantime, I've uploaded a copy of the FBI file on Bill Moore  (in addition to obtaining/uploading various other relevant resources). I posted a few relevant links in another thread the other day:
    https://openmindsforum.forumotion.com/t153-best-possible-world-website-searchable-pdf-copy#4771

U likes this post

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Empty Re: Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am"

Post by dan Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 am

Isaac,

You're right, there is no one place to find a consolidation of the BPWH. There is a topic outline on the BPW site, part way down on the following page...... http://www.bestpossibleworld.com/index06.htm .
    Note, however, that it was last updated in '08.

I also note that the searchable pdf file that you posted at https://m.app.box.com/view_shared/zgs5d3v4epr99s6z9x1k is returning the message that the 'user' has exceeded the bandwidth. I have not signed in, so maybe that is why.

A person may also access the (original) OMF archives posted here by Pman.

My first priority is to document my continuing research into the BPWH. Someone else will have to do the summarizing and consolidating.

U likes this post

isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:08 am

dan wrote:
    My first priority is to document my continuing research into the BPWH.  Someone else will have to do the summarizing and consolidating.  
    ]

Hi Dan,

I'm still interested in seeing (or producing) a "just the facts ma'am" account of some of the history of the Aviary.

Well, as a first step, I've posted an item that may be of interest to you (particularly Section H of that item).

As you will know, some interesting people in murky parts of the history of ufology are linked together (at least in part) by their participation in official government studies of remote viewing.

I’ve therefore spent a significant amount of time considering remote viewing literature and associated government documents.

To help anyone else going down the remote-viewing rabbit-hole as part of their UFO research (or, for that matter, just interested in remote viewing for its own sake), I thought I'd share a few tools. These tools include a 92,010 page searchable PDF archive of the remote viewing material released by the CIA and (as importantly, at least in my experience…) a hyperlinked version of the CIA's index of that huge archive to help locate material.

In short, you can

(1) Browse the hyperlinked index as a spreadsheet on Google Sheets (which can be used online or downloaded in various formats):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zwj5THw6I1dpPvix_NEVy2q2JoL_RzIQRZN5vSZ0G8U/edit?usp=sharing

(2) Download a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet version of the hyperlinked index with links to the online documents which you can download here:
    http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20online%20links.xlsm

or (my preferred format, as some of you know…) a searchable PDF version of the same hyperlinked index here:
    http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20online%20links.pdf

(3) Download the entire 92,010 page PDF archive as a single 3.2 GB file entitled “STARGATE_FULL.zip” here:
    http://www.isaackoi.com/zipped/documents/stargate/STARGATE_FULL.zip

OR you can download individual CDs from the list at the link below if you do not want the full collection:
    http://www.isaackoi.com/zipped/documents/stargate/

(4) Download a a hyperlinked Excel spreadsheet which links to copies of the documents after you download them to your hard-drive here:
    http://www.isaackoi.com/documents/stargate/stargate%20-%20cia%20index%20isaackoi%20-%20harddrive%20links.xlsm

which is MUCH faster to use (but of course you have to download the rather large PDF archive in order to get the full benefit of this version of the spreadsheet…).

I've posted details and a related discussion elsewhere. I'm a bit hesitant to post a link to another forum so the Moderators here should feel free to delete the link and outline below. As I've said in the past, I don't want to appear to be posting spam. (The key is really the document collection, with the outline above giving the core information I thought might be of interest to some of you here - so the bit below is not essential. I hope you can understand why I don't want to spend the time reformatting it to post the same material here.).

The more detailed outline I've posted at ATS is at:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg1

That item includes:

Section A : Introduction

Section B : Project Stargate – Background

Section C : Project Stargate – PDF archive and index

Section D : Other free remote viewing PDF resources
    Section D1 : British Ministry of Defence study
    Section D2 : Paul Smith’s PhD dissertation
    Section D3 : Eight Martinis remote viewing magazine

Section E : The UFO Connection - Introduction

Section F : The UFO Connection - UFO material in remote viewing files released by CIA
    Section F1 : Rendlesham Forest incident
    Section F2 : Cash-Landrum sighting
    Section F3 : Carl Higdon’s sighting
    Section F4 : Cattle mutilation
    Section F5 : "MARS, 1 MILLION BC"
    Section F6 : "Galactic Federation Headquarters"
    Section F7 : "ET ACTIVITY AGAINST US PROGRAMS (TRAINING)"
    Section F8 : Fleeting impression of a UFO
    Section F9 : Underwater "flying saucer"[/headline]
    Section F10 : "ET Bases" on Earth

Section G : The UFO Connection - Remote Viewers within ufology
    Section G1 : Pat Price - Alien bases on Earth
    Section G2 : Skip Atwater - Project 8200
    Section G3 : Ed Dames - Early public link between UFOs and remote viewing
    Section G4 : Uri Geller - Powers from "Spectra"
    Section G5 : Ingo Swann - Penetration and barely covered alien bosoms
    Section G6 : Joe McMoneagle - UFO sighting in 1965
    Section G7 : Lyn Buchanan – Alien abduction (1960s)
    Section G8 : Courtney Brown - Hale-Bopp and Heaven’s Gate
    Section G9 : Livermore group – Tiny UFO
    Section G10 : Mel Riley - Mars
    Section G11 : Paul Smith – Mars

Section H : The UFO Connection - Other individuals involved in both ufology and remote viewing
    Section H1 : Jacques Vallee (SRI, "Aviary", NIDS)
    Section H2 : Hal Puthoff (NSA, SRI, "Aviary", NIDS, UFO Working Group)
    Section H3 : Kit Green (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group)
    Section H4 : Ron Pandolfi (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group)
    Section H5 : John Alexander (US Army, "Aviary", PSI-TECH, NIDS, UFO Working Group)
    Section H6 : Dale Graff (DIA, "Aviary")
    Section H7 : C B Scott Jones (US Navy, "Aviary")
    Section H8 : Major General Albert N. Stubblebine III (US Army, PSI-TECH)
    Section H9 : Robert Wood (McDonnell Douglas, UFO Working Group)
    Section H10 : Edgar Mitchell (Astronaut, NIDS)
    Section H11 : Robert Bigelow (NIDS)
    Section H12 : Jim Marrs (Researcher/author)
    Section H13 : Jim Schnabel (Researcher/author)
    Section H14 : Russell Targ (SRI)

Section I : Conclusion
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 am

Thank you for all your work, Isaack.  

ATS by Collins was quite incoplete wrt the Aviary, and so are the few other books that have focused on other topics.  

Ron was significant in the shutting down of Stargate, early on, and I don't think the aviary fully recovered after that.  I've been rather isolated, being associated with Ron.  

However, I do have some of the details, albeit from a biased perspective.  Don't hesitate to call me.  I believe you still have my phone number.  Let me know, if you don't.
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am

dan wrote:Thank you for all your work, Isaack.  

Thanks. It's an interesting set of topics to explore.

I do have some of the details, albeit from a biased perspective.  Don't hesitate to call me.  I believe you still have my phone number.

I still have your number Dan and I'm happy to give you a call sometime but, as I said back in 2013, in my experiences it's usually more efficient and effective to get the basic factual story in writing first and then follow up with some questions (whether in writing or on the telephone).

Also, getting the basic factual story in writing first would have the advantage of avoiding the misunderstanding and misreporting that can happen when dealing with things by telephone. A conversation introduces more scope for error. (I want to avoid a situation where someone has to say "Isaac Koi says he was told on the telephone by Dan Smith that Dan Smith was told on the telephone by Ron that...").

So, I remain very keen (at least initially) to get a basic story in writing from you. I'm more than happy to help by asking specific questions and/or drawing together some of the basic factual material I've extracted from your existing writing. (Taking just the basic facts makes everything much more concise!!). As I think I've mentioned before, I think a concise factual account lasting - say - 4 pages would probably suffice to convey the basic facts. I'm happy to explore this here or by email. (My email address is isaackoi@gmail.com).

Foot Mann
    Foot Mann
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by Foot Mann Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Isaack,

Compiling the "facts" is complicated by the participation of so many criminally minded individuals and the inability of honest people to sort between fact, fantasy, and criminality as well as the tendency of the mentally ill to distort or invent to fill in detail or bend to their delusions. False information was injected into just about every source of information. You can collect a large assortment of documents, but compiling the "facts" is another matter.

Footman
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am

Foot Mann wrote:
    Compiling the "facts" is complicated by the participation of so many criminally minded individuals and the inability of honest people to sort between fact, fantasy, and criminality as well as the tendency of the mentally ill to distort or invent to fill in detail or bend to their delusions.

Well, I've found that getting at the truth within ufology is not as hard as some people think (even if it has been encased in lies and distortions).

For example, I've recently posted the actual background to about 50 of the most viewed "UFO" videos on Youtube. In most cases I was able to give the name of the hoaxer and details of the hoax (e.g. the software used to create the video and other information). See:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1075375/pg1

You can collect a large assortment of documents, but compiling the "facts" is another matter.

I am involved in ascertaining facts in complex Court cases almost every day. Collecting a large assortment of documents is usually an important first step.

In any event, I am now directly and indirectly in touch with enough of the players in the Aviary drama that I am not entirely reliant merely upon contemporaneous documents. I should now have access to enough material to tell more of the story behind some of the players - and the games they have been playing - than most researchers have obtained.

The real issue now whether I can be bothered with this stuff any more.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Isaac,

If I can be of any help, my offer stands.

I remain focused, as you can see from the blog. I am not keeping current on the ufo lore. My main source is biased. I'll be glad to fill you in, nonetheless.
    Foot Mann
    Foot Mann
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Empty Motivations

Post by Foot Mann Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Indeed the real issue is motivation. The insane are motivated to prove the reality of their delusions. Criminals are motivated to extract funds from the insane. The sane mostly go along for entertainment. Of course there are many degrees of sane to insane, with most people falling somewhere in the middle. They enjoy the stories because they prove the reality of their delusions, but afterwards they put their delusions aside and go back to everyday life. You need to examine your motivations, keeping in mind that very few will enjoy reading your expose of the non reality of the stories.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 am

This stated by someone who has admitted to me privately......   'Yes, Dan, we have a phenomenological problem.'

Many times he has called me 'insane', especially to others. The implication is that the DSM should be updated to reflect that immaterialism is a form of insanity. This would more closely reflect the popular, Sam Johnson, view of the matter.

Foot Mann
    Foot Mann
    Gold Member
    Gold Member

Post by Foot Mann Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Just because the barn is filled with hay does not mean there is no needle. But you cannot find the needed by sifting through the hay.
    dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 pm

True enough.
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

smith - Dan Smith - "Just the Facts Ma'am" Empty Update

Post by isaackoi Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am

Just to update this thread a bit, a bit after the posts above (in 2015) I posted a searchable PDF archive of the CIA's Stargate documents (with a hyperlinked index) and some preliminary comments on various relevant issues and people:
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg1

I assume that the parts of that material that would be the most interesting to the people that participated in this thread are the following bits:

Section H2 : Hal Puthoff (NSA, SRI, "Aviary", NIDS, UFO Working Group):
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg4#pid19545722

Section H3 : Kit Green (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group):
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg4#pid19545735

Section H4 : Ron Pandolfi (CIA, "Aviary", UFO Working Group):
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1074447/pg4#pid19545754

Sharing that archive of documentation and the associated preliminary comments prompted some contacts with some of the people mentioned in that item. Several were kind enough to answer a considerable number of questions. I was thinking about reaching out to a few more of them, but frankly am not sure it is worth the effort.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on the above links in case they are of interest to you Dan and your readers.

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you, Isaac, for these additional updates. I recommend them, highly.
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:30 pm

As part of my due diligence for getting ready to ask Rick Doty a few questions, I've been looking at early (1980s) public references to Richard C Doty in relation to UFOs (and/or relevant documents/incidents).

In case it helps others, here is my current draft list of those 1980s public sources [with a few later sources briefly noted, which I'll include as part of a separate list of sources relating to the 1990s onwards when I get the time].

Below the list of early references, I'll paste my current list of references to discussion of Rick Doty in various UFO books.

(1) 1981 October – MUFON Journal – Article by Larry Bryant on hoaxes includes discussion of “the Ellsworth Hocument) (page 16). The article refers to the hoaxer as a “he” and states “Perhaps some day he’ll tell all … In the meantime, all we can do is savor the meat, juice and spice of his gem of a put-on”. The article concludes by noting that the ultimate value of the hoax may lie in its contribution “to the sociology/psychology of the hoax phenomenon …”.

(2) 1982 – TV documentary “The UFO Experience” produced by Ron Lakis refers to Kirtland Air Force Base sighting in 1980, which results in Barry Greenwood making a FOIA request for relevant documents (which name Richard C Doty). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU08pQRTFcs

(3) 1984 January – MUFON Journal –Article (promoted on the cover) by Bob Pratt on the Ellsworth AFB documents

(4) 1984 June – FSR (Vol 29 Number 5) - Several references to Doty, in relation to the Kirtland AFB 1980 incident

(5) 1984 July – MUFON Symposium Proceedings – Paper by Barry Greenwood refers to Doty in relation to Paul Bennewitz

(6) 1984 – The book “Clear Intent” (1984) by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry Greenwood discuss Doty and related documents at pages 225-228 of the Spectrum Book softcover edition.

(7) 1985 March-April - CUFORN-Bulletin Vol06_No02 - “UFO Landing reported at Kirtland AFB” by Bruce Maccabee

(Cool 1985 April - MUFON UFO Journal – “Kirtland Landing” by Bruce Maccabee

(9) 1985 – Leonard H Stringfield’s Status Report IV includes a section (Section 5) on the Ellsworth document.

(10) 1987 September Just Cause – Letter from Linda Moulton Howe discusses Doty

(11) 1987 December – CAUS Bulletin - Letter from Linda Moulton Howe discusses Doty

(12) 1987 December – MUFON Journal – “MJ-12 Magic Act” by Barry Greenwood refers to Doty near end

(13) 1988 January – Richard Doty interviewed by Klass – notes in KlasDoty file on Blackphiles1 CD.

(14) 1988 February - Focus – Relatively long letter by Doty to Bill Moore dated 4 March 1988 published

(15) 1988 March – Just Cause – Two brief references to Doty in relation to MJ-12

(16) 1988 March – Letter by Richard Doty – Subsequently published in Just Cause (1988 June), see below

(17) 1988 July – UFO Universe – Article by Linda Moulton Hoer refers to Doty

(18) 1989 March – Letter by Richard Doty – File “Doty1” on Blackphiles CD

(19) 1988 April – Focus – Several references to Doty, particularly in relation to the sale of an “uncut taped interview”

(20) 1988 June – Just Cause – Various references to Doty, including a copy of his letter dated 3 March 1988 and a copy of Linda Moulton Howe’s affidavit

(21) 1988 December – Just Cause- Brief reference to Doty as being Falcon on “UFO Cover-Up? Live!” television show

(22) 1988 CUFORN v9R –Two articles by Lawrence J Fenwick refer to Doty, including one article on the “UFO Cover-UP? Live!” TV show

(23) 1989 March – Focus - Several references to Doty, mainly in the context of Linda Moulton Howe’s statements

(24) 1989 April – Letter from Rick Doty to Robert Todd (File “Doty2” on Blackphiles CD)

(25) 1989 CUFORN v10R – Several references to Doty, including in an interview with Jobn Lear

(26) 1989 March – Just Cause – Several references to Doty, including in relation to FBI investigation of Doty and Moore regarding MJ-12

(27) 1989 June – Focus - Several references to Doty, mainly in a copy of Bill Moore’s speech to MUFON Symposium on 1 July 1989

(28) 1989 June – MUFON Journal – Numerous references to Doty in an article by Robert Hastings. (See also the documents in the enclosures to that article)

(29) 1989 July – Focus - Several references to Doty, including his “role” in relation to the unpublished novel by Bob Pratt and Bill Moore

(30) 1989 August – MUFON Journal – Brief references to Doty in an article about the 1989 MUFON Symposium

(31) 1989 September - MUFON Journal – Brief references to Doty in an article about the MJ-12 documents

(32) 1989 September – Just Cause – Numerous references to Doty, including in relation to the “UFO Cover-Up? Live!” television show and a copy of the Craig Weitzel letter

(33) 1989 November – MUFON Journal – Several references to Doty in Part 1 of Bill Moore’s article “UFOs and the Government”

(34) 1989 December – MUFON Journal – Brief references to Doty and the Ellsworth Humanoid in Part 2 of Bill Moore’s article “UFOs and the Government”

(35) 1989 December – Focus - Several references to Doty, particularly in Part 3 of Bill Moore’s article “UFOs and the Government”

(36) 1989 – AIG Report – The MJ12 Aquarius Hoax – numerous references to Doty

(37) 1990 – “The MJ-12 Document – An Analytical Report” by Bill Moore and Jaime Shandera, includes discussion of the Ellsworth Document, Doty, the Weitzel letter.

(38) 1997-2001 – Saucer Smear - Several letters about, and by, Doty

(39) 2005 October – IUR article by Robert Durant on Doty

(40) 2006 – Team of Five emails in relation to SERPO

(41) 2006 February – UFO Magazine – Article by Richard Doty

(42) 2007 – MUFON Journal – Various articles by, and about, Brad Sparks’ MUFON Symposium presentation (at pages 92-159 of the MUFON Symposium Proceedings 2007) on the origins of MJ-12 which refer repeatedly to Doty

(43) 2007 October 20th – Various references to Doty, including biographical article by Barry Greenwood

(44) 2009 October – Magonia Issue 34 – Article by Dennis Stacy entitled “Moore and the Military” refers to Doty and related documents.

(45) 2017 - Interview of Richard Doty by Steven Greer, related to Greer's documentary "Acknowledged", released on Youtube

Books containing notable discussions of Richard Doty (other than “Mirage Men” by Mark Pilkington , “The Bennewitz Papers” (1991) by Christa Tilton and Jacques Vallee's Journals) :

“Mirage Men” by Mark Pilkington, “The Bennewitz Papers” (1991) by Christa Tilton and Jacques Vallee's Journals) :

(1) Bishop, Greg in his “Project BETA : The Story of Paul Bennewitz, National Security, and the Creation of a Modern UFO Myth” (2005) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) generally, particularly at pages 33-40 (in Chapter 5), 41, 42 (in Chapter 6), 57 (in Chapter Cool, 63-66 (in Chapter 9), 68, 69-70 (in Chapter 10), 74-84 (in Chapter 11), 86, 87, 89 (in Chapter 12), 118-120, 125 (in Chapter 16), 145-146 (in Chapter 18), 155-156, 159-161 (in Chapter 20), 169, 172 (in Chapter 21), 177-178, 179, 180, 181 (in Chapter 22), 202-208 (in Chapter 24), 214, 217-218 (in Chapter 25), 226-227 (in Chapter 27), 231 (in the epilogue) of the Paraview Pocket Books softcover edition.

(2) Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Book: Encyclopedia of the Extraterrestrial” (1998) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 146-147, 149, 150, 151-153, 154-155, 162-163, 164 (forming part of the entry entitled “Dark Side”) of the Visible Ink Press softcover edition.

(3) Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning - 2nd edition” (1998) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 314-315, 316, 317 of Volume 1:A-K (forming part of an entry entitled “Dark Side” at pages 301-319)of the Omnigraphics hardback edition.

(4) Collins, Robert M (with Doty, Richard C and Cooper, Timothy S) in “Exempt From Disclosure” (2006) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 3 (in the Introduction), 7, 8, 10, 11, 12 (in Section 1, Chapter 1), 103 (in Section 2, Chapter 4), 143, 145 (in Section 3, Chapter 2), 178, 180, 182, 183 (in Section 3, Chapter 4) of the Peregrine Communications softcover second edition.

(5) ?Doty, Richard C? in “Exempt From Disclosure” (2006) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) (by Collins, Robert M (with Doty, Richard C and Cooper, Timothy S)) at pages 62-91 (in Section 2, Chapter 4), 124-126 (in Section 3, Chapter 1), 142-145 (in Section 3, Chapter 2) of the Peregrine Communications softcover second edition.

(6) Fawcett, Lawrence and Greenwood, Barry “Clear Intent” (1984) at pages 225-228 of the Spectrum Book softcover edition.

(7) Friedman, Stanton in his “Top Secret – MAJIC” at pages 19-20, 57, 58, 139, 207 of the Marlowe & Company edition.

(Cool Good, Timothy in his “Need To Know : UFOs, the Military and Intelligence” (2006) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at page 336 (in Chapter 22) of the Sidgwick & Jackson hardback edition.

(9) Hansen, George P in his “The Trickster and the Paranormal” (2001) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 226, 227-237, 458 of the Xlibris softcover edition.

(10) Howe, Linda Moulton in her “An Alien Harvest” (1989) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 134-137, 143, 144, 145-159 (in Chapter 7), 245-250 (in Appendix 3), 251-257 (in Appendix 4) of the Linda Moulton Howe Productions softcover edition.

(11) Huyghe, Patrick “Swamp Gas Times” (2001) at pages 98-103 of the Paraview Press softcover edition.

(12) Lambright, Christian “X Descending” at pages 22, 96, 102, 119, 122, 145, 150, 152-158, 164-185, 196-200, 204-206, 210-213, 225-256, 260, 261 of the softcover edition.

(13) Peebles, Curtis in his “Watch the Skies!” (1994) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 258-262, 269, 273, 278 (in Chapter 17) of the Smithsonian hardback edition, pages 310-314, 322-323, 328, 333 of the Berkley paperback edition.

(14) ?Shandera, Jaime H? in “Exempt From Disclosure” (2006) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) (by Collins, Robert M (with Doty, Richard C and Cooper, Timothy S)) at page 103 (in the Addendum to Section 2, Chapter 4) of the Peregrine Communications softcover second edition.

(15) Vallee, Jacques in his “Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception” (1991) (available on Amazon USA and on Amazon UK) at pages 41-50, 169, 180, 181, 196, 250-251 of the Ballantine Books paperback edition.

Cyrellys likes this post

dan
    dan
    Special Guest
    Special Guest

Post by dan Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Isaac,

Good luck with your interview........
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Cheers Dan.

At some point, I'd still be interested in getting a "Just the facts Ma'am" account from you as well...

Smile
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:27 am

9 years after I started this thread, I'm still looking for (and happy to help produce) a "Just the facts ma'am" account from Dan Smith of his interactions with his interactions with some members the Aviary, avoiding speculation and metaphysical discussion.

Since posting that request, I've had my own meeting with some members myself (including Kit Green, Hal Puthoff and others) but remain curious about Dan's interactions.

By the way, I recently uploaded a PDF archive of over 200,000 pages of posts to the old Open Minds Forum, with with the kind blessing of its owner (Chris Iversen) and the encouragement and help of various other former members/administrators of the Open Minds Forum (including Brendan Burton, Lee Nicholson, Manuel Lamiroy and others).
    https://isaackoiup.blogspot.com/2022/09/another-238465-pdf-pages-added-to-ufo.html

I've also recently helped get online (with Grant Cameron and Melinda Leslie) some material relating to some of the Aviary, including notes of the "Advanced Theoretical Physics" UFO Working Group meeting organised by John Alexander in 1985.

Dan - if you'd be willing to answer some "just the facts" questions, just let me know.

Cyrellys, 99 and U like this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:36 am

“There are no facts, only interpretations.”
    isaackoi
    isaackoi

Post by isaackoi Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:39 am

Smelly El Chivo wrote:“There are no facts, only interpretations.”

Nietzsche was a bit pessimistic. Smile

Most of us (including lawyers, scientists and others) still find it useful to draw a distinction between facts and subjective opinions...

I'm afraid Dan Smith's writings often stray from basic factual points into philosophy and speculation. Just the facts from him would help fill in some gaps and resolve some conflicting accounts of facts relating to some significant aspects ufology during the last 30 or so years.

Cyrellys likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:04 am

Well, I’m an engineer and I know data is always biased.

You can spin whatever story you like with the data.

My personal opinion is that Ron, if he is in intelligence and others like him, are using the UFO stories as a cover for material goals and power.

They are manipulating the mindless masses with their version of reality.

Well, a good philosopher/metaphysician cannot be manipulated by the noble lies of power.

They are dangerous to power.

Power is evil, in any hands and if you can control the narrative, you have great power.

This is a battle for minds and hearts.

I think the new UFOlogists represent the birth of a new religion.

I certainly don’t trust folks with an agenda.

I would look behind them and at their motivations.

Don’t listen to what they say, look at what they do.

Lawyers and scientists have their religion.

As do engineers.

I think you are all mostly incredibly distracted and missing the pointless point.  

Maybe you all who sponsor this ufo information are in on the operation, I suspect so.

Nothing can compare or help a persons better than knowing themselves.

Nietzsche was actually a moral skeptic; meaning that he claims that all ethical statements are false, because any kind of correspondence between ethical statements and "moral facts" remains illusory.

As far as Dan’s metaphysics, isn’t it clear to you all why he does this?

It is to me and I think it’s fortunate this is his focus.

After physics, limited descriptions of nature, that can never answer the why, metaphysics starts.

I think you all are missing the boat big time.

The phenomena is just pointing to where Dan and I play here on this iteration of OMF.

As much as there are outward events, there is the depthless inner experience.

One should explore both.

Dan gets that the nuts and bolts are just outward happenings of what is originating inside of us.

Both of us feel all things are connected and we share Parmenides view that the world of senses is just a seeming and not reality, but it is none the less still meaningful.

Lay down your guns and dive into philosophy, into ontology, into Being.

This is what Dan means by final participation.

But I suspect you have no interest or idea about what I am pointing to.

I’m glad someone like Dan confounds all of you.

I’m very impressed with his focus.

See something, say something.

Reality is something, not nothing.

But these are all just the opinions of an old smelly 🐐

As you were.
    Cyrellys
    Cyrellys
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Cyrellys Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:43 pm

Smelly Goat wrote:As much as there are outward events, there is the depthless inner experience.

One should explore both.

Dan gets that the nuts and bolts are just outward happenings of what is originating inside of us.

Both of us feel all things are connected and we share Parmenides view that the world of senses is just a seeming and not reality, but it is none the less still meaningful.

Lay down your guns and dive into philosophy, into ontology, into Being.

This is what Dan means by final participation.

But I suspect you have no interest or idea about what I am pointing to.

This is where I happen to agree with Smelly & Dan.  With the exception of laying down the guns...guns keep things on a more equal playing field when most of the field is occupied by potential murderers and known tyrants.  Gives space to do one's examination without the tyranny because the only thing a tyranny understands is an equal or greater power willing and ABLE to exercise that power.

But absolutely, "one should explore both".  100% agree with this.  I am certain Dan had a life changing experience.  Source indicates something in his exploration of it is meaningful conveyance.  In my experience Dan is all over the board probing every rock and cranny in that experience.  I'm not sure I can as yet articulate what it is that interests Source in him.  It's waiting on something.  My observation.  

I keep the doors open and the lights on here for anyone who needs a safe haven to ruminate as Dan does.  Dan sets a good example and is not abusing his freedom.  I am supportive in that.  Everyone here has done excellent work on their own explorations, pinwheeling around Dan and his.  It'd make Sophocles proud to see such space used so effectively.

The road to epiphanies is a crooked path.

"This is an indeterminite problem. How shall I solve it? Pessimistically? Or optimistically? Or a range of probabilities expressed as a curve, or several curves?..........Well.....we're Loonies. Loonies bet. Hell, we have to! They shipped us up and bet us we couldn't stay alive. We fooled 'em. We'll fool 'em again!" Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Rue she said Protection
    Rooster's Crow Confusion
    One thing else to end the deed --
    A dog with no Illusion.

~ Walter Wangerin Jr., Book of the Dun Cow

Big Bunny Love likes this post

Big Bunny Love
    Big Bunny Love
    Heritage Contributor
    Heritage Contributor

Post by Big Bunny Love Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 pm

Bahaha

Ok, Cy gets to keep her guns.

I have 5 in the closet myself.

Until the majority are in final participation, best to keep an eye on them and watch out I suppose.

I appreciate this space Cy and in my way respect it.

I’m not afraid to provide opposition and be a foil.

And yes, in spite of the insults of Ron and his left 🦶 I feel everyone has appointed themselves very well here.

I do think Dan and I are closest to reality Wink

It’s not a competition, reality is inevitable.

All our works and biases and beliefs will be put to the fire and we shall see what remains.

Some come with a dualistic and material view mostly of events, and they do usually get frustrated and confused and stomp off.

They should stick to it.

I find real open minded seekers stick.

Those lost in illusions will be blown away.

The source brought me here, no doubt.

And I have done my best to be authentic and honest.

I think it is proper to demand folks be authentic and maybe they question their assumptions.

This is the hard work of living.

Learning to discern reality from illusion is as much an art as a skill.

It takes practice and iron sharpens iron.

I think the source is developing clear seers.

The world needs those.

As Dan would say, the world needs all of us.

I have not always agreed with him, but I think we all have challenged each other in different ways.

Cyrellys likes this post

U
    U
    Member of Distinction
    Member of Distinction

Post by U Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:35 pm

isaackoi wrote:I mentioned in passing in my introductory thread that I thought it would be useful to find a "just the facts ma'am" account by Dan Smith of his interactions with the Aviary, avoiding speculation and metaphysical discussion.  

I've now read most of Dan's writing online on his current website and its earlier incarnation, plus run searches of a fairly large collection of scanned material (books, articles, email discussion lists and documents) for other material by, or about Dan.

As I mentioned in my introductory thread, I've uploaded a scanned copy of the Paranoia Magazine interview of Dan (from Issue 25, Winter 2001) to the link below (simply because I like to have a copy of an article as it appeared in print, since the print references tend to have more permanence than website links):
    https://app.box.com/s/7dkq4ns923r099c53mhm

In terms of books that contain information about Dan, I've pulled these books off my bookshelf for a start:

(1) Nick Redfern's relatively recent book, "Final Events" (2010)- which has a couple of pages on Dan (at pages 211-212).  Details of that book, by the way, are on Amazon at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVENTS-Secret-Government-Demonic-Afterlife/dp/1933665483

(2) Gary Bekkum's book "Spies, Lies and Polygraph Tape", which refers to Dan on a number of pages. Details of this book are at:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1451503024

(3) Ed Komarek's ebook "Exopolitics: A Comprehensive Briefing" which refers to Dan on pages 95-97, 133 and 168.
    I think that a document that is about 3-4 pages long could contain the essential facts already online, and another 2 or so pages could add to the available information.

I'd be happy to help Dan produce such an account, in the format of an affidavit (whether to be sworn or not, at Dan's election).  

Welcome back you absolute gangsta chad💪.

Remember...

Needle, haystack 😏😈😉

isaackoi likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm